Plooto has a free version and offers a free trial. Plooto paid version starts at US$25.00/month.
- Industry: Management Consulting
- Company size: 11-50 Employees
- Used Weekly for 1+ year
Entreflow Consulting Group's use of Plooto
Plooto has certainly helped us from a workflow perspective, it's pulling your payables from your Quickbooks or Xero account into Plooto so you can see all the payables that you need to deal with and when they're due. And there's a whole bunch of approval processes you can put in place for internal controls perspective so make things a lot more bulletproof than just manually writing checks and doing e-transfers.
So you can currently do pre-authorized debit, pre-authorized credit receivables in U.S. dollars and Canadian dollars which is super kick-ass. It's also made some of our clients lives a lot easier if they've got clients in different countries, and it gives their clients flexibility to pay in debit or credit. Also, as far as the amount of time it takes for that cash to clear your bank account; it's faster than Stripe, and on top of that the integration with Quickbooks makes it a lot easier to manage the fees, unlike Stripe.
We'd love to see more international payments to more countries just for some of our clients that have people they're paying in lots of different places around the world. As well, with the international payments, if a client has a lot of companies that they're paying in the U.S. for instance if you get really costly really quickly. So I'd like to see some bulk discounts for high volume payments to the U.S.
- Industry: Accounting
- Company size: 11-50 Employees
- Used Daily for 2+ years
Our EFT provider of choice
Our objective was to automate payables, and Plooto has been great for that purpose.
We're a Quickbooks shop, and we *love* the integration. Virtually all of our clients are using Plooto for payables, and some for receivables. In terms of pricing, the package is advantageous for most of our clients. Some of the tiny ones would spend less on regular bank fees -- but the convenience still makes Plooto a good option. The interface is clean and user-friendly. Our clients love the signing authority "tiers." We're working with nonprofits, so there's always a board of directors to consider -- and therefore multiple signers. It's not uncommon for orgs to specify who needs to approve organizations over certain limits, and Plooto gets us there with no fuss.
We still have issues with some vendors not being serviced by Plooto, e.g. credit card companies. The ability to send payments internationally through Plooto is great, but we sometimes experience issues with foreign banks. On the signing authority front, it's possible to do an "end run" around banking agreements by authorizing people on Plooto that aren't authorized on the bank account. We need to do our due diligence on that, to ensure payments are authorized only by signing authorities.
- Industry: Publishing
- Company size: 2-10 Employees
- Used Daily for 1-5 months
It appears to have it all until you use it.
Not Good. Really ambitious to make it work I like the concept but they make it very hard to be a client.
I like that it can process both bank or credit card payments for receivables. It can provide automation too but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I like the price. And I like that it linked into xero. It appears to have it all until you use it.
1) Its not easy to use, no introduction. 2) the automation component never worked for me I know I had to get PAD on but I wanted it on for some clients off for others and this was not an easy thing to set. It also doesn't allow me to store the credit card something like Quickbooks online I had in mind but this is a complete oversight to the program. I guess if automation actually worked then this could solve this issue. 3) Ya I was very confused but when my clients couldn't figure it out either, some ended up with duplicate payments pulled from their accounts etc. No help to fix very embarrassing. 4) their live chat is not live. You ask a question and wait. Fine to get started but even in the middle of conversation to deal with issues they just disappear. The conversation is not live. Sometimes they don't even read my questions which makes me think not a real person is helping me. 5) Money holding ridiculous! If a client due date on invoice was 30 days and they paid me next day I had to wait until what my invoice said for due date on payment. Plus when money drops into my account there is no PLOOTO ID on the deposit. Very confusing for trying to reconcile. 6) Plooto reconciled in Xero in its own little account but doesn't reconcile with the bank account. Weird and confusing.
- Industry: Information Technology & Services
- Company size: 10,000+ Employees
- Used Daily for 1+ year
Plooto is an easy-to-use, handy program that simplifies the process
Accounts payable include a variety of options that make it simple to designate an approval tier and transfer payments. Checks that have been deposited in the previous few months have not shown in the system, however the support staff is working to correct this. Other than this, Plooto has a number of features that make processing AP more efficient.
Sending payments in practically any quantity to suppliers with Plooto is one of its finest features. Approval control, user-friendliness, and affordability are all things we like. It integrates with QBO and makes it simple to reconcile and set up payments automatically. Recurring payments and deposits may be set up quickly and effortlessly.
The inclusion of cheque numbers in a report would be quite helpful in keeping track of payments. As an alternative, it would be good if the user could pick from a list of pre-existing merchants.
- Industry: Accounting
- Company size: Self Employed
- Used Monthly for 1+ year
It's easy and quick to use, but it's missing a key integration that would make it perfect.
Overall a good experience, but it's missing a key integration that would make it perfect. I can't wait for them to bring back credit card payments and I hope they expand the integration capabilities.
Plooto integrates with QBO and make syncing receivables and payables easy. It reconciles the payments which saves a lot of time. The customers and suppliers receive an email that tells them about upcoming payments and a link that takes them to this information plus shows them the past transactions.
I've been using Plooto with one client for about a year now and would like to move other clients to this system. Unfortunately, Plooto doesn't work with QBO's projects and sub-customer system. Each time I’ve tested collecting these receivables, Plooto says the customer doesn't exist and wants to create a new client even though the client does exist, it's picking up the project or sub-customer name at the end of the client’s name. If Plooto’s system can recognize the customers name before the ":" to allow collection of accounts with multiple project or sub-accounts I would be able to move more clients over to this system.
- Accounting Software
- Accounts Receivable Software
- Professional Services Automation Software
- Billing and Invoicing Software
- Small Business Accounting Software
- Accounts Payable Software
- Mobile Accounting Apps Software
- Recurring Billing Software
- Small Business Invoicing Software
- Accounting Software for Consultants