Dameware does not have a free version but does offer a free trial. Dameware paid version starts at US$540.00.
Remote Desktop Manager
Avast Business CloudCare
- Industry: Financial Services
- Company size: 10,000+ Employees
- Used for 2+ years
Dameware -Silent install
Dameware remote installation can truly be a life saver when users encounter video issue. However, license and client stability is an issue and the program itself is not as polished as its competitors
Dameware is a true diamond for any IT Support staff, software can be installed on the client machine remotely without any user intervention. This is especially useful for us when user has a video issue (usually due to video card/drivers) and the remote client wasn't already pre-installed. In such situation, user would not be able to help installing or access any site to start the connection. As long as the machine is reachable, IT staff can remotely install dameware client, install and configure the video driver for the user and issue resolved within minutes.
Dameware license is not cheap, at least I find LogMeIn Pro is cheaper.
Sometimes Dameware client on the remote machine needs to be reinstalled. I don't think I ever encounter situation like this with LogMeIn or Teamviewer
- Industry: Marketing & Advertising
- Company size: Self Employed
- Used Daily for 1-5 months
Dameware Software Review: A Comprehensive Remote Support and Systems Management Solution
Overall, Dameware software is a comprehensive remote support and systems management solution that provides a range of tools to help IT professionals and MSPs manage and support their IT infrastructure. While it may not be suitable for everyone due to its cost and learning curve, its range of features and customization options make it a valuable asset for businesses and organizations that require robust remote support and systems management capabilities.
Offers a suite of tools for remote support and systems management, including remote desktop connection, remote control, system troubleshooting and diagnostics, and file transfer capabilities.Provides integration with Active Directory and other network management tools, making it easier for IT professionals to manage and monitor their IT infrastructure.Available in both on-premise and cloud-based versions, offering flexibility for businesses and organizations of all sizes.Supports multiple operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux.User-friendly and customizable interface, making it easy for users to navigate and personalize the software.
May not be cost-effective for small businesses or individual users.Steep learning curve for users who are new to remote support and systems management.Some features may require additional setup and configuration, which can be time-consuming.Limited customer support options, with no phone or chat support available.
- Industry: Information Technology & Services
- Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
- Used Daily for 1+ year
Dameware - A good Remote Desktop Control Software
Since we became distributed, Dameware has provided a generally positive experience and service. It's been really beneficial for remote assistance when we can't physically go, and we're now able to help individuals across countries. It's a must-have tool for any IT professional offering remote control.
1. The most significant advantage is that Dameware provides high-level protection that meets all security standards.
2. The desktop app at is extremely light and simple to set up.
3. It enables the supported end-user to authorize the request for remote access. first
4. As long as other team members are logged in, you can invite or transfer the remote control to a session.
5. It supports chat, audio, and video calls within the session, allowing for more seamless assistance.
6. It's reasonably priced since the price drops as you buy additional licenses.
1. The Dameware program frequently becomes stuck on the connection screen, necessitating a restart.
2. The procedure of seeking administrative rights on the client's PC is inefficient.
3. The most significant disadvantage has to be the User Interface. It's a little busy and could require a lot more work to make it simpler to navigate.
4. Their support team isn't available 24/7 to support their customers
- Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Company size: 51–200 Employees
- Used Daily for 1+ year
Great product for remote control
Dameware is really easy to use and to understand.
It is not really intuitive to save pc hosts to which I usually connect.
- Industry: Hospital & Health Care
- Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees
- Used Daily for 2+ years
Easy to use remote software
We use this software to offer remote support and it has been a great addition to our software library and has increased productivity since we no longer have to go in person to a majority of our service calls now that we can just remote in and take care of the issue.
It has an easy to use gui that lets you find the workstations on your network and connect to them without a lot of issues. you can also do things like remote registry editing or backdoor into a workstations drives. They also offer a mobile app for you to be able to offer remote support while you are not at your desk.
The initial setup could be daunting for some users. It supposedly will interface with Kace Management appliance but we could never get it to work completely.