Total Network Inventory does not have a free version but does offer a free trial. Total Network Inventory paid version starts at US$135.00/one-time.
SolarWinds Service Desk
- Industry: Computer Networking
- Company size: 2-10 Employees
- Used Weekly for 2+ years
Comprehensive Network Mapping and Reporting
Total Network is a must have for a reasonably priced, non-intrusive scan of all the computers on your network, and get detailed info on what OS and software they are running. It is a lot cheaper and more flexible than a software audit!
The product goes out over your network by subnet or Domain and interrogates all node it finds and reports OS, software installs, and other vital info. You can hunt down computers on your network that use a certain version of software that is in need of upgrade, or just keep a snapshot of what software is running on your network.
It is a little time consuming to get a complete scan completed. I wish there was a feature to allow you to just go out and look for changes since your last full scan
- Industry: Publishing
- Company size: 11-50 Employees
- Used Weekly for 1+ year
Overall, pretty good product
For the internal network I found the software Total network monitor to be enough for our company. Fits perfectly in our Windows-based network. I tried to install on Debian and it worked great. So multiplatform is a real deal. It also scans servers through VPN and fulfill needs to look for a software license management. My main concern is lack of temperature control. In our office we don`t run any 3D programs or such but i see it`s being a case for other companies.
Also i tried their remote installation product http://www.softinventive.com/total-software-deployment/, total software deployment on a trial period and now i`m talking with CEO to buy this package. Microsoft deployment didn`t work out for me.
price, ui, customisable
- Used Weekly for 6-12 months
Complete solution to audit keep a detailed inventory of your business networks
This Software eases the task of audit and analyze medium to big network, allowing us to check the status of the devices, make detailed reports about specs or changes on the computer software, personally i use it very frequently to check out the specific IP's and windows accounts for certain computers or check if the users are using unauthorized software or accounts on specific areas or devices. on overall makes the network administrator's life much more easy.
- Full Compatibility to scan and gather info about Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and MacOs devices on local network rather than windows devices.
- Scan Via Nodes, Defined IP Ranges or Active Directory
- Generate detailed and flexible networks reports , that can be exported in multiple formats for further use.
- Real-time monitoring of all devices connected to the scanned network.
- Lots of tools and functions for network auditing.
-Free Trial to test the full version of the software
- Despite of recognize multiple operating system, this software is mainly compatible with windows based networks.
- Needs above average knowledge to fully take advantage of all the features of the software.