Doodle Reviews

About Doodle

Doodle is a cloud-based appointment scheduling platform, which helps small to large size enterprises schedule meetings and appointments. The prime features of Doodle comprise of access invitation, calendar management, invite...

Browse Doodle Reviews

1,794 of 1,794 reviews
John N.
John N.

Reviewed on 14/07/2020

Doodle for Team Events

This is a good program for a team project to delegate and see what everyone will bring to the table.

Pros

I liked how I could create a Doodle Event and have everyone share things that they would be adding. This was an easy way to share with a team to make sure no one was doing the same exact thing.

Cons

This product seems to continually improve and so I cannot think of anything I don't like about this software.

Polly
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 16/10/2023

Scheduling Group Meetings

The benefits are to be able to find a date/time to meet with a group of people as opposed to a long email thread of everyone's availability.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to use. I use it to send out polls to a group of meeting to schedule a meeting that suits everyone's needs.

Cons

Some people that were of older demographic did not find it user friendly - I personally didn't understand but I was always the creator of the polls so perhaps the platform showed differently for me.

Megan

Reviewed on 29/05/2024

Doodle makes scheduling easier

Pros

Doodle has been a tool I have used with a variety of organizations that I schedule meetings with on a routine basis. The ease of using Doodle makes sharing it with colleagues a no-brainer.

Cons

Doodle does have ads when not using a paid version, which is to be expected.

Top Doodle Alternatives

Reviewed on 07/11/2023

A Once Wonderful Product...On The Decline

Doodle used to be the standard for scheduling meetings and for good reason - the tool was easy to use.

However, the past few years, Doodle has really gone down hill.

Part of this isn't their fault: Calendly and other scheduling tools gained popularity and were more convenient for people to use.

Part of this is their fault:
- Their redesign was a big step backwards
- Their user interface is now worse and harder to use
- The free version is virtually pointless

With all of that said, if you do pay for Doodle then the product is a decent tool. Is it better than Calendly and other tools? It depends on your use. But, if you are looking to just use the free version, I would steer you in a different direction.

Hopefully Doodle will fix their issues and get back to being an extremely useful tool.

Pros

Subscription price isn't very expensive

Cons

User interface is lacking
Free version is useless

Havilah
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 07/04/2024

Easy to Schedule Large Meetings

Pros

I regularly recommend Doodle when I have a large number of people trying to schedule a meeting - especially when I have people with very busy schedules. It is easy for people to put in their availability and allow the organizer to find the best time that works for everyone without having to send a million emails or texts.

Cons

It can be hard to see all the options in the expanded view.

Tess
Tess

Reviewed on 04/03/2024

Doodle review

my overall experience has been amazing and would recommend.

Pros

I love that the free plan has features that I can use without paying.

Cons

The customer support is not the best and would like it to improve.

Lori

Reviewed on 26/06/2024

Love This Platform

Pros

I love being able to utilize this platform for free and being able to collect the needed availability of my Subject Matter Experts.

Cons

I have not experienced anything that I dislike.

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

Schedule Meetings with Doodle

Pros

Easy to coordinate meetings with team members or groups of people.

Cons

Can be difficult for those not familiar with platform to onboard at first.

Veronica
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

Great for Scheduling Group Meetings

Pros

It's fast and easy to schedule meetings and group collaborations

Cons

There is limited functionality when it comes to scheduling preference

Marylet
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 30/05/2024

Own opinion

Pros

It is very helpful in scheduling a meetings.

Cons

Sometimes, other participants cannot join.

WILLIAM
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Disappointing & Stopped Using

Poor, and the support staff is not helpful. This is a product where money is made on scale not on service. Doodle refused to return my money. So, it is not a satisfaction or able to actually use the system type guarantee. I have to admit I did not use it much during the trial period and assumed it would work, and I bought it. Make sure you do use the trial period aggressively so you know you like it before you pay and are then not able to get your money back after not being satisfied.

Pros

The pros of the system is the potential it has to aid business.

Cons

I was never able to get the system fully deployed and was not able to use it even once with a client. It was not helpful.

mera
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 18/09/2022

my review about Doodle

A cloud-based application for booking appointments called Doodle assists small to large businesses with meeting and appointment scheduling.

Finding the ideal time and day for a group of people to get together may be a nuisance. Doodle offers solutions that make organizing almost painless. The core offering of www.doodle.com is the most popular online scheduling tool in the world, with more than three million unique visitors monthly. Doodle enables users to create a "poll"—a tabular representation of potential available time slots—with a few clicks, invite participants, and allow them to vote democratically and openly for their favorite meeting times and activities. There are no downloads or registration requirements for this service, which is free. Branded Doodle is the company's online scheduling business solution, while Premium Doodle is its personalized service for individuals.

Pros

People, on the other hand, are a different story. Doodle lets you choose times that will work for you, and then everyone else votes on the times that will work for them.
This is super simple to use, totally effective.
I adore being able to share a link and schedule a big number of people. Even our less tech-savvy personnel can use the program because to its simplicity.

Cons

I detest it when an event on my calendar is missed.
The only drawback, in my opinion, is the sporadic blocking of a Doodle poll by a recipient's email.
It might get tiresome to repeatedly enter the same dates and times. Viewing the calendar might be confusing.I detest it when an event on my calendar is missed.

• Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

An intuitive way to set up meetings

We love using Doodle for setting up many cross-departmental meetings, especially since it is so intuitive to use and works for basically everything from small get-togethers of a few people all the way to large meetings. It can be accessed from anywhere, so participants can be traveling/on-the-go when the answer polls. We have had a few issues with people losing the link and being unable to participate, but it is simple to get them another one. It's easy to organize large events with Doodle!

Pros

Ever since starting to use this a few years, it has now become to go-to application for scheduling everything from future meetings where we need a lot of participants all the way to more casual events like dinner and happy hour. It is easy to use and offers a high level of control to the event organizer, from the obvious (i.e. what dates to choose from, how many time slots per day, who is invited to participate) all the way to the not-so-obvious but still highly convenient feature such as allowing for tentative times and comments. It is really easy to invite attendees, as they can be directly emailed a link to participate. The best part is that the software will let you know what time works best for the most people, so no calculation needed.

Cons

It can be rather hard to keep track of who has participated, especially when organizing huge events. Additionally, it would be great to be able to set priorities, such as finding a time when certain crucial team members must all be present, whereas more participants that are more auxiliary to the meeting don't have to be present.

Darien
Darien
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

Doodle offers a simple, quality solution to finding the best time to hold a meeting

Overall, Doodle has helped me numerous times to figure out when to hold a team meeting. I work with a lot of volunteer teams - so all too often you can't simply say "This day at this time" and expect everyone to show up. Doodle helps alleviate that, find the date(s) that work best for your team, and make the correct choice - which really saves a ton of time in the long run

Pros

If I'm being honest, I've only used Doodle for one thing - that is to send out surveys to different teams to figure out the best time to host a meeting. I'm sure Doodle offers other things past that, but I haven't ever used anything else.

That being said, Doodle is incredibly good at sending out surveys to figure out meeting times. They offer a simple interface that allows for quick & easy setup; they offer the ability to list out as many options as you want, and they offer the ability for people to select "Yes", "No" or "I can make it work if needed" for each of the date options you list. This all creates a very simple & easy to use platform that allows you to quickly build a survey, email out links, and then get the responses emailed directly to you before picking the best date option for your team.

Cons

Honestly, I have not encountered anything specific about Doodle that I do not love. Their UI is simple & clean, their survey application works great and is easy to use - I have no complaints

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

Doodle is the easiest, simplest tool out there

Pros

Doodle is simple, easy, and effective. It's simplistic approach is desirable and is great for scheduling and syncing up calendars. Would highly recommend it, especially for the price or the free version

Cons

More features could be added without moving away from the simplistic approach of the program.

GoTo Meeting and Google Meet
Marine
Marine

Reviewed on 01/06/2022

Doodle stops email spamming to your colleagues

I am quite satisfied with Doodle and I highly recommend commercial people to use Doodle instead of reaching out to each colleague deciding the date for the meeting. Way better, more professional and pre-thought tool to be used in a commercial environment to boost productivity and create a liaison between team members.

Pros

We have a weekly staff meeting held at our unit where all the staff and interns have to participate. When deciding the time for each week, I have to make sure everybody agrees on the time chosen not to have any absenses from the meetings. Ridiculously, every colleague mentioned a contradictory time that overlappes with another colleague's busy schedule, so that person skipped the meeting with the unit productivity level decreasing each week. Doodle is a great tool to solve this issue and not end up having a bad headache. What I do is I create the link and Doodle automatically sends to each member of the group in a form of a survey. They mark the date and time they are available and Doodle sends you the summary (selected time and date) after each member has voted there. Then it send automatic reminders to each participants to make sure all are attending the meeting, as promised. No one can blame me when they are not present at the meeting, saying the organizer has not notified us properly so we missed it. Doodle does all the work with high responsibility.

Cons

At first it took time to figure out how it works, seemed a little hard but after trying once or twice, everything become automatic and you just click several times and everything is ready. No complaints at all, great tool, highly recommended.

Bruno
Bruno

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

My opininon on Doodle

Pros

What I like about Doodle is how simple it is to use it, while you have many functionalities. Of course there are simpler and useful software products as When2meet that don't require an app or an account, however, they don't have as many features as doodle has. With doodle, you can arrange meetings with a large group of people and after the app decided which one is the best slot to meet, if it is sync with Google calendar, the event will appear immediately there, which is really useful to organize yourself.Doodle also provides an option to create polls to decide multiple things. It allows making anonymous polls, to show partial results, to only allow one vote and to send the final results. These, and many more features, let the users create reliable and simple polls in a group, without having to use a more complex software as google forms.

Cons

It does not have many cons, the only thing I could find is that when you want to schedule an informal thing with few people, having to have the app and a Google account is maybe inconvenient for some people. In those situations a more basic tool could be more useful, however, I don't know if that's a drawback at all.

Shelby
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Doodle is the best way to arrange meetings!

Pros

Doodle recently received a new feature that allows users to not just select the hourly times that work in their schedule to meet, but they can also double click a time, which says that they could make it work in their schedule if they had to. I think this is great because before this feature, I would have a really hard time finding a time to hold meetings because my co-workers had very conflicting schedules and we would just create a group message trying to figure it out, which defeated the purpose of filling out a Doodle. I love that feature! I also love Doodle 1:1 where you can link your Google Calendar to a Doodle so you don't double book yourself.

Cons

The website isn't always the most user friendly, and I often find myself clicking around aimlessly just to open up a new Doodle invite. I also wish Doodle would offer features to college students for free or really really discounted because I was the president of many student organizations and used Doodle all the time and would have appreciated being able to send reminders from Doodle.

Balazs
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 04/04/2022

From meeting with friends to booking massages - Doodle review

I use Doodle to schedule meetings with everyone, both privately and professionally. Whenever it needs coordinations between many people, I send a doodle. So far it was working great - except the 12-24 hour mode which I find disturbing -, and I really liked it and used it a lot, but there is something with the new UI. However, I don't plan to change.

Pros

Easy-to-use
Intuitive UI
I like that it's free
No limitations to add people by anyone
Great for organising events, meetings and even appointments

Cons

I don't like the new UI, probably I need to get used to it
No 12-24 hour switch, as a European, I find the am-pm very counter-intuitive

Eric

Reviewed on 13/03/2022

Effectively Plan your Meeting Events with Doodle!

Doodle is a good scheduling program in general. It's useful if you're trying to schedule a meeting with people who are in various time zones. It has completely transformed the way we organize our meetings and programming. It's quite simple to use, and I would strongly recommend it to others.

Pros

Doodle is a very user-friendly program. Simply add the event's name, location, and times, and invite people to register. . I appreciate being able to send out a link and schedule a large group of individuals. Even our non-technical employees can use the software because of its simplicity.

The option to collaborate with others to find their availability is a wonderful aspect of Doodle. Doodle makes it very easy and fast to select a time and day that works best for everyone, especially given the busy schedules of the participants.

Cons

The system is nearly flawless. It performs its role admirably, and I don't believe it needs to be unduly convoluted. It would be wonderful if meeting information such as zoom links could be added, and the calendar invitation could be sent whenever consensus was reached.

One thing I've seen (and think should be improved) is that when individuals without a doodle account vote on something, it's easy for others to edit it.

Jovana

Reviewed on 20/07/2019

All present!

Most of my out-of-work activities are set up with Doodle. Both my friends and family are using it and we all find it the most convenient tool to agree upon the time and to get together.

Pros

I enjoy the simplicity of Doodle and the fact that it is super easy to use. I never heard that anyone had any problem with it figuring their way around. Since I am not using it that often, the free version works for me perfectly.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike if you are looking for a simple, intuitive tool. Sure, there are not a great many features, but this is why it is so appealing.

Yavuz Selim
Yavuz Selim
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 20/09/2023

A great event-planner device

As I said it is much more easy to use Doodle than having an Excel sheet and try to match everybody's available time slot. The userface is simple which makes it easy to get used to.

Pros

It is a great tool to arrange appointments and gatherings, see who can come and when is the most useful time for such kind of events.

Cons

Since our team uses it very frequent I decided to upload a profile picture and had some problems about it.

Zavud
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 13/05/2019

My review for Doodle

Pros

Doodle is my favorite calendar tool and I use it very frequently. In my opinion, there is no simpler and easier app that does the similar job. Therefore, the best thing about Doodle is its user-friendliness. To create a meeting in this app (I personally use its app version) takes no longer than a minute for me. It saves significant amount of my time. I do not want to imagine how long it would take me if I had to send emails to my groupmates about our meetings. Another thing that I love about Doodle is it is even easier for the people in the group who are going to vote for the time they are available. I have created so many meetings/events with the help of Doodle and so far I have not had anyone tell me that they had trouble understanding how the app works.

Cons

There are couple of things that I do not like about this software. First, as a frequently user I get annoyed by too many ads on the website or in the app version. I understand it is a free app and I have to somehow "pay" for the features I am using. However, what I personally think is there should be less advertisements. What is the second thing I dislike about Doodle is sometimes I have some people who forget to participate in the vote before we make the final decision about our meetings. And in these cases, Doodle does not show me who are the missing people in the free version of the app. I personally think it is a simple feature and should be added to the free version of the app.

Reviewed on 30/05/2018

Strongly recommend- it's free and more users, more functionality to come!

Pros

It's free!!! I probably use Doodle once a week. It's the easiest program I've found to quickly make and distribute scheduling polls to multiple people. The developers have done a great job at making the program very easy to use and with just the right functionality for what you're looking for. We've actually started using Doodle for shift schedules so that our part time staff can easily sign up for shifts. It has worked wonderfully so far, we are very pleased. They put out new functionality fairly frequently, which is nice.

Cons

Biggest issue I have with this program is that you can edit an entry once you submit it. This makes things challenging when schedules or thoughts change. Other than that, the features aren't the most robust, but for a free program, you can't complain.

Shavon
Shavon
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 25/11/2018

Doodle

Pros

I have mainly used this for scheduling 1:1 sessions with students. Doodle has made that easy to do. I can provide multiple available times and send the link to my students and they can get in where they fit in. This takes the stress off of reaching and trying to schedule individual sessions with 15-17 students.
There is also a mobile app and that have provided some convenience.

I've also used the service when others are trying to plan meetings. I like ease of use of trying to find mutual available times for meetings. And it gives the option of allowing people to remain anonymous.

Cons

The functionality of this product can take some time to get comfortable with. I find that it takes me more time to put together my doodle than I anticipate, however, it's not something that has kept me from using it.