Compulink Healthcare Solutions Reviews

4.1

4.1

About Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Compulink Advantage is an all-in-one database EHR solution for specialty practices such as optometry, ophthalmology, orthopaedics, ENT, mental health, podiatry, and more. Available cloud-based or server, Advantage includes smart...

3.9
3.8
4.2

Browse Compulink Healthcare Solutions Reviews

Robert

Reviewed on 08/10/2020

Compulink Orthopaedic Advantage is the best orthopaedic EHR solution!

Very well-integrated and coordinated implementation team. Although [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was primarily responsible for our implementation, everyone on the implementation and support teams have been very helpful and friendly. I have not had any bad or difficult interactions with anyone at Compulink.

Pros

Although, the software was originally written for ophthamology, Compulink has done a great job adapting to orthopaedic surgery with Compulink Orthopaedic Advantage.

The visual diagnosis engine function is very helpful for identifying and documenting specific pathology in various anatomic regions. The software easily accomodates the physician/provider preference for input to the EHR. There are template for dictation, drop-down menus, or manual entry (scribe).

Microsoft Remote Access for Compulink Cloud Advantage implementation was very easy and device friendly. I am able to access Compulink from literally anywhere with internet access on my iPad, Windows, Mac, Android, laptops, etc....

I was able to easily and effectively implement DICOM MWL to manage my patient workflow with in-office X-ray and cloud PACS.

Cons

Customization of template features is somewhat difficult to do on your own, if you are hands-on. The technical and implementation support is outstanding and will customize for you. There are still some bugs that need to be fixed and features that I would like to see implemented.

Web Registration is tedious and slow for patients. All patient outcome measures are displayed and may not necessarily be relevant to the patient. Need to be able to designate the outcome measures for each particular patient.

Caveat: I did not have my own IT person. I implemented the software, myself.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Best value for full featured EHR with patient reminder (Practice Watch), Web Registration, and VDE (Visual Diagnosis Engine) with lowest cost for implementation on the Cloud. Orthopaedic-specific features are built-in.
Carrie
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 06/08/2020

Powerful Software for Mental Health Providers

Compulink Healthcare Solutions has been a tremendous asset to our business operations. Streamlined functionality includes verification of benefits, treatment planning, integrated billing and remittance posting, multiple locations, group scheduling option, client web registration, a clinician training portal, and so much more - too much to list. One look at the demo and you'll see the power in this software. I highly recommend Compulink Healthcare Solutions to anyone who needs a powerful and intuitive software option that is reasonably priced, always improving, and backed up by world-class support.

Pros

We started with Compulink Healthcare Solutions from the time we opened for business in January 2016 (no integration from another software), and spent a tremendous amount of time researching available options beforehand. None of the other software programs offered the features and power well suited for small and large companies. We wanted software that would be efficient and extensive, but also grow with the business. From 1 provider to many, the software has delivered in every area. Customer support is always wonderful and timely, and there are always ongoing improvements that make our job easier. Billing is a snap, reporting is thorough, and everyone at Compulink is open to hearing user feedback.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, but there would be with any new software. Difficulties with updates sometimes come up, but they have been short-lived and customer service has been amazing.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

None of the other software programs were as extensive, flexible, or well priced while allowing for growth.
Lisa

Reviewed on 10/08/2020

A Compulink user since 2013

Financial reports have good flexibility. We have one location but 3 businesses under one roof. We like to track many revenue streams and we are able to do this very well.

Pros

The support team is amazing!!!!!!!!! Physician schedules can be as intricate as you need. Images easily stored in the medical record. Financial reports have good flexibility.

Cons

The web registration is very unfriendly for patients and the practice alike. We are unable to access the information other than importing. Maintaining the tables is cumbersome, not friendly, would like to hide unnecessary stuff or remove. Would like to remove or hide schedule templates we no longer use, cannot because is tied to previous schedules. Would like to return to having schedules that are applied be able to replace what is there, very time consuming to have to delete one by one. Changes made to schedules do not show up unless you close the cloud and re-log in. sorting items in tables is difficult and must be exported , sorted in excel and then re-imported. Would like a patient portal with useful functionality, access to prescriptions, etc.

NextGen Office and Eyefinity EHR

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Integrated EHR and point of sale

MedInformatix

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Flexibility of software, intergrated EHR, PM and optical in one platform.

Top Compulink Healthcare Solutions Alternatives

Susan

Reviewed on 20/08/2021

Easy transition, Great training and customer service, Customizable Software to meet all our...

After 12 years with our last software, we were unaware at how outdated our EHR system had become. Compulink converted a great deal of our data to allow us to access it without having to constantly return to our old system. Overall, the experience was better than we expected as change is always hard. The people at Compulink worked hard to make it as easy as possible for us.

Pros

Compulink has been a great addition to our practice. The transition team was exceptional and the training incredible as they helped make the process as smooth as possible and continue to help us learn how to better utilize the software. There is so much flexibility with the software in the set-up to make the program work best for our office--picking the right EHR exam format for different types of office visits, the scheduling capabilities. In addition to one-on-one training, the training videos and the help section on the software make it easy to solve any issues that occur.

Cons

As with any transition, there are glitches but we fully expected these to happen and Compulink helped us fix these issues as quick as possible.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

No longer making updates to Practice Director.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

We liked features of Compulink's software best, the price was competitive, and we felt comfortable with the people at Compulink.
Judy

Reviewed on 07/08/2020

Great Software for Optometry!

Overall Compulink does the job for my line of business and I’m satisfied with the software.

Pros

Easy to use for billing, EHR and scheduling. I’ve used other EHR systems and softwares and Compulink is simple to use with many features. It’s can be customized to an extent for the cloud option.

Cons

The software goes through update so far once a year. Usually the updates in improvements are not as noticeable to me as the glitches that result from the updates. A little annoying.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Price point and I had used the system before while working for another optometrist. I was familiar with the product but almost a decade prior.
Meghan

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

Research all EHR options before choosing

Pros

It is nice how many reports can be run in Compulink - almost any list of data/information you'd want to compile, Compulink is able to. It is also such a major player in the industry that everything we've needed to have integrate with it, has been able to do so (Weave, contact lens company sales platforms, etc). Scanning in documents is easy once you have the right/compatible scanner- and they're easy to view and find from the patient's demographics page. Having our billing done through Compulink directly has been convenient.

Cons

There were a LOT of learning curves with this system - i.e. we had to purchase a very specific scanner that integrated properly, finding out that their Intake Form was not mobile compatible, how the patient's ledger populates, what data is able to transfer from one exam to the next (most items do, but not things like the patient's occupation, hobbies, PCP, etc.). As doctors- we didn't find the EHR/Exam forms to be very intuitive or as user friendly as we were hoping. Depending on what version you signed up with dictates how much you're able to edit exam form templates.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Cost, Cloud based seemed safer and more reliable than Web/Browser based
Eileen

Reviewed on 02/02/2022

Takes Some Getting Used To

So far, Compulink is streamlining our workflow and making it easier to see more patients. However, we do have some issues with people not filling out their Web Registration, which delays our workflow. Also, we have felt more confident with patient information being saved in the more reliable cloud versus hard drives and OneDrive.

Pros

I like the customer service. The appointment scheduling is very easy to use and efficient for us. The EHR is pretty easy to use, once we figured out why a couple of the issues were not working. The equipment implementation was a bumpy road, but after fixing a few things, it's working great now. Web Registration is working very well, too.

Cons

I do not think this product is as easy and user-friendly as it could be. I do not feel 100% confident being without my trainer and using all that the program has to offer in the most efficient way possible. The software is also not as appealing to the eye. Additionally, it is inconvenient that for the text messaging Practice Watch, we can only have so many characters before it gets cut off and leaves our patients asking more questions.

DrChrono and Eyefinity OfficeMate

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

We met [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at the FOA conference, and he gave us a great presentation of the system. We also took advantage of a few deals, too, that other companies were not offering.
Kathy

Compulink Review

It has been fine...customer service is good.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of the EHR to billing system.

Cons

There are to many step," clicks" to get between each step

Combine EHR with Billing system instead of multiple systems

MaximEyes

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Doctors Decision based on colleagues opinions
Linney

Reviewed on 03/08/2020

Compulink is GREAT!

Pros

Compulink is always developing and improving the software. The staff is easy to work with and seem to understand our needs because many of them have been in private practice prior. This is a huge advantage for Compulink and the client.

Cons

Sometimes new features and updates do not work when first rolled out and it takes a while to work the bugs out.

NEXGEN

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

they did not provide everything we needed, ie: one software for clinic, optical, ASC and billing

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

sales person was more knowledgeable and their price beat the competition
Maury

Feature rich Optometry practice software

Mostly great. When I have software issues, they respond quickly and effectively. I have been with Compulink for 10+years. Often, the issues I have with the software are caused by my network issues, not the fault of Compulink.

Pros

It is constantly trying to improve. The tech support is very helpful.

Cons

There are still repeatable inputs that I have to use on every patient that will not auto populate.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

OfficeMate had numerous issues, and was not responsive to problems faced

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Reputation. Also, most optometry schools use this software
Ilan

Reviewed on 08/08/2020

My experience with Compulink

Pros

I felt that the billing software aspect of the program is easy to use, comprehensive and relatively cheap with respect to the price that I was paying. The support that was provided when my billing secretary contacted the company was almost always resolved in satisfactory outcome.

Cons

I found that certain ways that I was documenting were very difficult to implement with this software. Specifically, my treatment plan
I also wish that setting up templates for faster documentation would be easier.

Kim

Reviewed on 11/08/2022

Great Software for those in the eye care industry

We have had a great experience with Compulink.

Pros

What I like most about this software was we have several different types of users that needed to use this software including Aesthetics, Optical, Contacts and an Optical Lab. We were able to customize this software to meet our needs which no other software we looked at could do.

Cons

I can't say the inventory portion is hard to use or is bad, but it be made to be a bit more user friendly to help save time.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

We wanted to go cloud based and our former software company could not meet our needs with that aspect.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Because it met our needs the best and offered the ability to be customizable.
Steven

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

Finally found a cloud based system that works

Very positive. On boarding team is excellent!

Pros

Connectivity is more reliable than the other 2 cloud bases EHRs and customer service is awesome!

Cons

Creating a diagnosis and plan and making additions and adjustments to those can be cumber.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Poor customer service and unreliable connectivity

My Vision Express

Cost and reputation
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 04/12/2020

1 year in... honest review of Compulink

The biggest problem that compulink has is that lots of their software doesnt work. I mean, it does--- but it doesnt for a psych practice. The best example of this is that the insurance verification doesnt verify mental health codes--- in software titled PsychAdvantage. Its very clearly ophthalmic software that they barely put any effort into making work for psych. Their support is hit or miss- some of them are great- and some- like their business office manager- have ethics problems and border on straight up theivery. Their quickbooks integration flat out does not work-- their own people took 6 months and could not get it to work (their own software) and then did not want to refund us. Who does that?
Many of their employees are unaware of the functions their software reportedly has-- and with good reason- the software doesnt really do that. Technically, it could (telemedicine is this way) but no one would ever use it. The other employees tend to be condescending, and mix in "hmm, I've never heard of the product doing that". They have zero accountability for their software not working, often act condescending, and always want you to "run diagnostics". When they dont want to handle their software not working, they refuse to talk to you. I've come to call this "classic compulink". Also, their ledger straight up cannot handle multiple locations. The software is pretty terrible at handling ERAs, if you're being paid electronically.

Pros

notes are easy to write. Most my documentation takes about 3 minutes per patient to write up.
When features work, they sometimes work well (albeit often glitchy, often broken)
Finished product (therapy note as a pdf) looks fantastic.
Since we now get paid electronically, we get paid faster.

Cons

-glitchy. Often produces ridiculous errors. Not at all intuitive. To learn how to use the software, you essentially have to get used to all their glitches, so you eventually learn how to avoid them. Dont waste time asking them to fix them, either.
- "Running Diagnostics" is an impractical pain, and a fool's endeavor, as it is yet to actually do anything. I would be pleased if I never ever heard that again from someone at Compulink, ever again. I'll not hold my breath waiting for it to work. I would ballpark that we're currently at 0/50 in this endeavor.

- Insurance verification in a program called Psych Advantage (which we could pretty easily argue should aptly be called Psych Dis-advantage), which actually does not verify the mental health benefits of the insurance is purely ridiculous. There's no way around that other than admitting that you made this program for medical practices and never bothered to actually tailor it to mental health, and that's clear.

-The lack of knowledge and agreement about your own software that you own employees have is disconcerting. I called more than a handful of times about integrating quickbooks ( great example, because their own website says the product does this), yet many of the employees took this as brand new information or denying it outright. A similar thing occurred when their own employees were unaware there was a telehealth built in option.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Cost. And that was foolish.
Andi

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

We call them Compu-stink

I wish I could go back in time. I was so naive.

Pros

I like their instant messaging system. And their ICD9 conversion to ICD10 was done very well.

Cons

Customer service is EXTREMELY expensive. And they will sometimes NEVER call you back. I'm still waiting for Sangit to call me from a problem I've had since 2015! We have been using them since 2012, everything was set up wrong and we have had constant problems since. We have regretted going with them but are now stuck with them because we've sunk so much money into it. We even had to hire an IT person who is on call for when something goes wrong. Their support is full of people who don't even know how the software works and will tie up your computer trying to figure things out for hours. We dread running their updates because, while they fix some bugs, they implement a whole slew of new ones. We seriously feel like beta testers. They should be paying us because we are the ones figuring out the problems for them. If you complain too much, they will blacklist you and no one will return your calls. And there's no one you can submit formal complaints to. It just falls on dead ears. This is not the way a good company should be run. Their salespersons will tell you anything you want to get you to sign with them. A lot of the initial things we made a point to ask about when meeting with them were nothing like they promised. And when you bring it up to them, they make excuses and say that it's ridiculous for us to expect it to run like that.

Melissa

Reviewed on 18/07/2023

Great Optometry/Medical Software

Compulink is very easy to work with as a company, their customer service is excellent and I love the contact through the software for a call back if I have an issue. This feature is helpful so you are not waiting on hold to talk to someone. Just send in a request for a call and usually within 10 min they are calling you. Love this!

Pros

I love how easy Compulink is to navagate around in. Searching for patients is a breeze, tabs at top for every part of patient chart. Drop down selection menus for everything. Customizable tables and scheduler. Love the system!

Cons

There are parts of the software that we are not utilizing that I would like to use but programming the data into the software to use it seems over my head hard. We are an Optometry practice and do not use the ordering sections of the software therefor price calulations and insurance billing can not be used either.

Gary

Reviewed on 28/10/2016

Compulink is trying

When I started with the product they had just introduced Version 11. They have had multiple revisions to the product even since then which has made it better in some ways and worse in others. I use the cloud-based version and the software is never down when I need to use it except when my internet provider has failed me. The Practice Management portion of the software works well except for the scheduler. Posting checks and managing payments is simple. The insurance interface is good only for medical claims and won't do most vision only plans. Inventory management works well and it's nice to be able to print frame tags w/ a Dymo label machine rather than an specialty printer. My staff have not complained about the ordering process. The EHR has changed recently which has made it easier to enter data. I'd rate the EHR as average compared with others I've seen but this can be a matter of personal preference. I don't like interfaces that are too simple or too complicated. This one is mid-complicated, but if I could customize it, I could make it excellent. That is available but at a much greater expense.

Pros

Not overpriced. Customer support is good. They are trying to make it better. They have an online forum where you can make improvement suggestions and if other users agree, then they will try to do it. They don't charge you while you are training on it which is good because it takes a lot of training. They have tons of help files and online training courses and if you still can't figure it out then customer support will help you.

Cons

The scheduler in the latest iteration of the software is terrible. It does not block out time slots for the patients you schedule. This leads to over-bookings by staff who must study each entry on the schedule to see how much time is allotted for the blank spaces under it. The Basic/least expensive version has limited customization and the latest version has made it less so. Long learning curve.

Karl

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Great bang for your buck.

The implementation and training was tailored closely to my needs. I felt I received great personal attention from helpful trainers. Having an implementation coordinator is helpful to keep me on track during the entire process.

Pros

The most important aspect of any EHR when I was shopping was its affordability. Compulink was the lowest priced EHR that I could find with most of the features I needed. They also provided me with a no risk feature where I could get a full refund after 12 months of use if I felt that it didn't suit my needs. Also, no contract was required.

Cons

I found the software to be very complicated to use with a steep learning curve. An extensive time commitment is needed to incorporate into practice. Luckily, due to COVID an "shelter in place" I was able to commit regulars blocks of time towards learning the software and setting it up. Unfortunately, I am not able to incorporate contact lens ordering straight from the EHR. Some vision plans are also not compatible with its ability to bill directly from within the software.

josh
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

A very good product

My overall experience with Compulink has been great. I chose them when i set up my business because of my experience with them from the practice i was in that was closing. I have been using Compulink for 15+ years and its been a really great system.

Pros

The software is very easy and intuitive to pick up and start using. The interface is clear and simple and allows you to work and get done what you need with no distractions.

Cons

The cost of the support contracts seems high. I don't have much need for support but when i have they are very helpful. I was told i could use the software and then pay for support as needed. We set it up but later got a call saying that it was not true and i would still need to pay monthly.

Shelly

Compulink EyeCare Advantage Review

We started using the EHR when it was federally mandated and have not looked back since. Overall, we are satisfied with Compulink Software.

Pros

I have used Compulink for over 12 years. I like the ease of use and the ability to customize the screens to fit my needs. Tech support is awesome at calling back and making appointments.

Cons

I feel the price I pay per month for software support is high. My team rarely calls for support so I don't feel like we receive our money's worth every month. Would like a feature to be able to double book on our schedule. Would be nice to have all the bug's worked out of new software updates prior to launching them. It seems like every time we get an update it messes up several things.

Tommy

Reviewed on 30/01/2023

Great product

very please with compulink

Pros

The ease of use and customization of this product is very nice and has made documentation very easy for all who use it and for new people learn.

Cons

All of the updates that happen and having to deal with any issues that pop up from the updates

WebPT

RICHARD

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

A Day in the Trenches

We were one of their first customers in the late 80's. Several times we have looked at and reviewed other industry software and keep coming back to Compulink as the best for our situation. As with any software company, you wish the programmers would spend a week in our practice watching us use their product to understand the pitfalls and redundancies they have created that annoy on a daily basis.

Pros

Scalable and customizable. We have multiple offices and have the ability to schedule patients from anywhere to anywhere. There is a robust inventory control section that we use a lot. It is designed specifically for our profession that has lots of uniques facets and needs.

Cons

The web registration feature is cumbersome and not patient friendly. We finally had to go to another solution.

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Overall Very Strong Product

We can better track sales and production and save time with patient online registration to maximize the patient history. The data in and out of Compulink to our refracting system ELIMINATES transcription errors for spectacle prescriptions.

Pros

The EMR is easy to use and integrates well with our pre-testing equipment and automated refracting data. Even the standard, non-customized EMR templates work very will with creating "data norms" to make charting very efficient. I am very pleased with the very detailed online patient registration and health history. It saves a TON of time and allows us to show a very detailed patient history if a record were ever audited by insurance.

Cons

The minutiae of adding spectacle lens products is complicated.

Susan

Reviewed on 29/08/2020

Compulink Software Review

Software Support is amazing They are top notch and always provide a solution in a timely manner.

Pros

I like that the software is customizable by the end user. I also like that optical inventory and Rx’s are in the same software and included on the patient ledger as most other systems do not have this functionality.

Cons

Updates that are released with errors. It is frustrating to upgrade to a new release and have to learn all the new features and then have to call support several times to report and fix errors. It is even more frustrating when there is no solution to an error and you have to wait for a fix and put up with the errors until the fix comes out. .

Robb

Reviewed on 10/08/2020

Current User

Been able to customize to our practice needs.

Pros

Support and the way reports are able to be produced. Keeps our practice on target.

Cons

The number of clicks to the software in going from application.

Exscribe EHR & PM

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

To have one vendor soul source

Cost and customization