Quire Reviews

About Quire

Quire stands as the pinnacle of modern project management software, introducing a transformative approach to your workflow. It empowers you to seamlessly break down ambitious goals into manageable, actionable steps, ensuring you...

Browse Quire Reviews

Timothy
Timothy
  • Industry: Automotive

Super Flexible and Functional

Pros

Great Customer Service, Great task management, very versatile with all of the different view types. Good value.

Cons

Takes some people a bit of time to understand how the software functions.

Alice

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Quire: a pretty solid task tracker

Pros

Quire basically just works: you can track and organize tasks, the mobile app is adequate, and you can even get fancy with deadlines and priorities. Solid free tier, perfectly suitable for individual users.

By and large, the product direction seems unobtrusive and stable: no constantly shifting UI changes or terrible ML-powered features shoved down your throat. Huge win, really.

Cons

I'm really not sure I would swap to Quire for serious, cross-team project management. Too much of my work (programming) is tightly integrated with Github, and the standards for cross-linking tasks and providing context is really high.

Reasons for Choosing Quire

I needed more complex lists, and a better system for keeping them organized.

Google Keep
Dianna
Dianna
  • Industry: Cosmetics
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

Simple task software

Pros

Clean, open spaces, no clutter. Connected with Gmail easily

Cons

This software has no templates,. It is a very basic task software

Teamwork.com, Airtable, nTask and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Quire

I didn't. I went with Airtable as I felt the interface was more user-friendly and I liked the templates that were available.

Response from Potix

Hi Dianna,

I'm really sorry to learn that you didn't think Quire is a suitable tool for your business. Actually, we do have reusable templates on Quire. Also, most of the critical task software features are available on Quire, such as nested to do list to help you break down big goals into achievable tasks, Kanban board to help you get focused on what really matters in a short period of time, real time collaboration that allows work with teammates and always stay in sync, etc.

We still hope that in the future, you might consider give Quire another try and let us know what you think :) Have a wonderful day!

The Quire Team

Replied 10/05/2019

Top Quire Alternatives

Uchechukwu

Reviewed on 27/01/2024

My review on Quire

Quire is effective in managing task I use it as a research assistant and it works perfectly for my research work

Pros

The first thing I like is the interface It's simple clean and uncluttered making it easy to navigate. No complicated menu or confusing icons there Everything is right where you need so it is easy to add, edit and organize tasks. I like the task management feature I create tasks set due dates and assign them to my team members for me quire I see quire like having a personal assistant without the hefty paycheck. I even go as far as adding subtasks and even sub-subtask this helps me to break down big research tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks.

Cons

Nothing at all, I use the task management feature and I don't have reason to complian or dislike it

Chirag
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 28/09/2023

The perfect match for our Project Management Requirement

We have started implementing Quire in our day to day project / task management at the org level. Here are few of the most important quick wins for us - the productivity of teams has increased significantly, it has now become super easy for team-leaders to track project progress, who is working on what and check if someone is overloaded or has bandwidth. Quire has also been helpful with adding transparency in teams because team members can see overall company level projects. Apart from this I would really like to appreciate the prompt customer support of team (Golda & Peggy). We had certain requirement for Slack integration which was super imp for us and to our surprise after suggesting the requirement, their team took it up and we got the functionality within a week. Kudos to this :)

Pros

The simplicity of the product and how easy it is to setup and get started is one of the most important aspect. Also, the way Quire is structured - we've been using workflowy for taking notes since many years and Quire feels like an extended version of it with much more functionalities. All in all its a great product to kick-start project/task management journey for any company and move your team from complete chaos to a little more structure in their day to day work-life.

Cons

There's not much that we didn't like but some good to have's would be - Desktop app, currently they have a web-app which gets the job done but a desktop app might make the experience a lot better. Also managing notifications and slack integrations are somethings which I presume their team is working on and hope that gets done in the near future.

Trello, monday.com, ClickUp, Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Quire

Simply put it ticked all the boxes of our minimum requirements and the customer support team at Quire is great and surprisingly they are one of the few ones who actually does listen to your specific needs and add it to their development roadmap and try to help you out. Believe me this is rare!
Garrett

My review

My overall experience is great. It might be the only product I use right now where I would be truly disappointed if it disappeared one day

Pros

The overall user interface.

It has all the same features as other task management apps. But all the bells and whistles are aggregated deeper. So at face value it is not super overwhelming.

It just looks like a list you would scratch on a piece of paper. Top down.

But then you can get into the Kanban Boards, graphs, charts, etc. but they are not initially cluttering.

Cons

There is only one thing that I dislike about it.

I have an Android phone and have changed the display density and if a task is due tomorrow the word tomorrow gets cut off and brought to the next line Even though there is plenty of space.

Balazs

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

Mighty but very easy to use

I love using it, it's intuitive, and it has all the important features to manage complex projects.

Pros

It's super easy and intuitive. It has all the important, but not obvious features like subtasks, tagging, customized statuses etc., without getting overwhelming to use.

Cons

It's a minor thing really: when I'm on the board view, and I tick a task ready, it doesn't change the status (column) of it.

Reasons for Choosing Quire

I wanted something more simple to use without losing on features.

Reasons for Switching to Quire

Quire has a great range of features while being super easy to use.
JR

Best Project Management Tool

Our projects is easy to handle because of quire.

Pros

Quire is very easy to use with a lot of features.

Cons

I cant think of. I like all its features and functionality.

Reasons for Switching to Quire

Easy to use and a lot of features. We already started using quire while still in beta because its a promising SAAS.

More Powerful & Almost as delightful as Asana

Pros

1. Task Nesting
2. Gantt View
3. Multiple projects and a single view for My tasks across all of them

Cons

1. Dependency mapping on the Gantt chart
2. Task update tracking

Jira

Reasons for Choosing Quire

$$$ - Quire was free at the time and my tech colleges preferred it over Asana.

• Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Best way to organize several projects

Pros

ease of usage on a daily basis, on several devices

Cons

Impossible to make a search on project if you are not connected to internet.

Marion
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 01/04/2020

Amazing product , exceptionnal and generous customer service

Very good, the best "tasks" app we ever used.

Pros

Everything, but i Prefer:
- Possibility to assign a single task to multiple user (and when it's get done, it goes away for everyone)
- Possibility to organize yours tasks by organization, projects and boards
- Possibility to create weekly, monthly, etc tasks
- Possibility to attach document to each task
- User friendly
- French language ! (and the translation is good!)
- The generosity and help from the customer service (as a small and poor charity organisation who rely on volunteers who work from home, we need this kind of service to complete our projects)

Cons

- maybe the fact that when you look a subtask on a board , you can't see their connection to the "complete task" and it can be somewhat confusing to differentiate between similar subtask (Actually we just have to always name the subtask with the name of the complete task, so we have a way around)

Microsoft To Do

Reasons for Choosing Quire

Wunderlist was bought by Window and replaced by To-do. We liked Wunderlist as it was free but it lacked some important feature (Quire is a lot better). We had to fond an alternative and we wanted something better.

Microsoft To Do

Reasons for Switching to Quire

We tried To-do and hated it, it was complicated to set-up, we had to create a microsoft account for every single users and its features was worst than Wunderlist. We search for a long time before we finally found Quire and we are really happy.
damian
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 24/07/2021

Simple, but extremely powerful software

Overall I'm loving it and using Quire on a daily basis. It made my life so easy that I cannot believe how I managed before without it. It's clean, elegant and for me very easy to use. It took me maybe 2-3 hours to figure out most of the stuff and a day or so to feel really comfortable with it.

Quire has all the features I wanted to have and gives me the ability to organize my business efficiently. It's brilliant that I can have several workspaces with multiple projects. Which I can further split into nested tasks with subtasks, but also into linked sublists with differnt view, e.g. boards.

Even if I'm looking for something it turns out to be better thought out then how I would expect it to be or look like. Plus I can get an overview of progress stats and progress summary.

Not to mention the support is amazing! Fast, responsive and eager to help. Something that you won't see much when it comes to free tools. Honestly, I can't believe it really is a free tool.

Pros

Simple.

Fast.

Intuitive.

Not distracting.

Gives everything a freelancer, SMBs or corporate might need.

It's not overly complicated with unnecessary features.

Tree structure is absolutely awesome! This way you can break every project into actually manageable tasks.

Every task or subtask can have priority, start and due date, responsible person or external team and files attached.

FREE.

Cons

Minimalistic view might give an impression it's super basic and won't provide what you need [but the truth is exactly the opposite].

Some people might find lack of chat or message board a disadvantage [but for me tasks comments are enough and allow me to keep things tidy].

There is no calendar view so it can be seen as a negative by some people [but there is a timeline view which is good enough for me].

Not sure how pricing structure will look like in the future.

TaskQue, ClickUp and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Quire

For me personally it felt most intuitive and had all the features I wanted to have. After testing Quire and 2 other tools I decided Quire works best for my individual needs. One of the points was the ability to have all projects / workspaces available on the left panel so I can see all the most important things without clicking back and forth. Also the design is not overwhelming so that's a positive.
Shimon
Shimon
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

Wish I found this sooner

Most of my project are freelance and project based, so i require a project management platform that will allow me to manage several projects for more than one organization. I had been using Trello for this and whilst it has served be well, it does not have a good structure for organizing tasks and making sure they are followed up, in that sense its a bit too informal. Quire bring structure to the tasks and a simple interface that bring focus to clarity to the project.

Pros

From the moment I first started using it, everything just worked the way it should, incredibly intuitive, none of the bloating or over complicated functionality that other project/task management platforms suffer from. For me the killer feature it the 'tree structure' approach to task management, this is how it should be done, take a big task/project and break it into smaller and smaller manageable tasks. Each subtask has the same feature set as the main task which is exactly how it should be done because why should any task have less importance. The interface is clean and functional, everything is where is should be, it just works. You have Organizations, then projects, then tasks, which is a great way to organize things, especially if you are freelance like me and do projects for a number of different organizations. I am a long time trello user, and for anything looking for an alternative that does more than just kanban, this is for you, it will allow you to really structure tasks and make sure they are followed up.

Cons

No Kanban is going to be a big negative for many people, but apparently that is coming soon. Interface might be too simple for some people, or perhaps lacking features such as chat, message board, rich text markup, etc etc, but that could be seen as a good thing by others. Pricing has not been released either, that is something to be concerned about , especially if you invest time in adopting this platform but then it turns out to be overpriced. That is probably my biggest concern at the moment as features can be added all the time, but pricing can be a deal breaker.

Naveed

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

My favorite tool for task management

I've been using quire for a few years now and I've not found anything as simple and quick. I've tried many tools.

Pros

It's simple, intuitive and easy to do things quickly. I am tired of big bloated unintuitive enterprise tools. This is a breath of fresh air. I'm demanding from my tools and this delivers.

Cons

Some minute usability quirks. I'd have don't things a little differently.

Jira and ClickUp

Zuhairah
Zuhairah
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 06/07/2021

Simple apps, but get the job done

Pros

Quire has all the tools that i need for my team to collaborate and sharing the workload that we are working on. The software dashboard is so simple, that i have no problem finding the right tools to use, and it will show all my task and project on the main page for easy access to them.

Cons

Communication platform is one of the things that this software should upgrade. For now, they lacks in this field and to having a quick message with my team on the software is almost impossible. They also should introduce build-in template for the task, so we don't have to create if from the scratch.

Bob
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

Some thoughts after trying Quire

I have been experimenting with Quire, It has some nice features, however I prefer WorkFlowy for its ease of navigation and plainness, but had I not discovered WorkFlowy after Springpad shut down, I would have probably started using Quire because of it's features and functionality.

Pros

There is the option of adding new sub list items to top or bottom of list
There are nice shortcut instructions when hovering over function icon
It is easy to keep track of who is collaborating on a project
Collaboration conversations can be always in view
Quire is a little different from other apps that I have tried. The design and layout doesn't seem to get in the way as much.
There is the ability to add Due Dates and Reminders
I rarely collaborate on projects with others. If I collaborated more often I might be more inclined to use Quire regularly.
I am impressed that Quire developers have reached out to me several times to asking for feedback about my usage and to answer questions that I had.
There is a detailed history of editing of each specific project

Cons

Like most other note taking apps available, Quire does have a somewhat rigid structure that gets in the way of productivity for me, but may be useful for others.
Navigation on the Quire screen is a little more spread out than the WorkFlowy screen. Making use of the Keyboard shortcuts is suggested
A few times I unintentionally pressed the complete button and "completed" an item on Android
I find navigating the page, using built-in calendars and other features is unnecessary for what I want to accomplish
Quire is a little slower than WorkFlowy to refresh
I am able to do pretty much everything in Quire that I can do with WorkFlowy, but it is a little more time consuming
The adding tasks and subtasks and breaking them down is a little more complicated in Quire
a benefit of WorkFlowy is that you can compose or copy and paste any portion of your entire WorkFlowy list into an email, letter, article, app or document. There is some exporting of Quire into a CSV document, which can be copied and pasted into a document with some reworking.
As much or as little of your whole WorkFlowy list can be shown at one time #n
Unlike Quire, WorkFlowy does not have predetermined frames to enter text into you can always see the entire text

Benjamin

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

Easy-to-use platform with many functions

We are a small company and needed an alternative to Taskworld. Quire has fully satisfied our needs to track our projects. There are also interesting updates still coming.

Pros

The surface is very intuitive, you can start right away and find your way through it.

Cons

You have to be careful not to accidentally delete information.

Isabelle
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 04/02/2022

My new tool to plan, develop and keep track of my business projects and goals.

Pros

First it is free! Amazing! And then it really helps me having a global vision of our business plans and projects, it is quite easy to use and all of our team members got used pretty rapidly to all work in Quire instead of sending chats and endless emails threads.

Cons

Not really... at this point it is just a question of discipline and sticking to our methods for communications. Maybe a fonction to send directly to our email any mentions with a @myname in case the Bell sign up there is filled with too many notifications.

Jovana
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

As Simple as Quire

My experience is very positive as I was surprised how simplicity can actually enhance task management. I like to be able to categorize tasks and subtasks as my ideas germinate. Being able to go into all the details and be able to visually have a distinctive presentation of a task at hand is amazing.

Pros

One thing that was a real mind-blow was how simple Quire is. It's super simple, clear and user-friendly. On top of that, it is one of those task management tools that let you expand on the task to its most minutious details. Nesting allows you to create tasks and subtasks that are coherent and relatable.

Cons

To maintain the simplicity Quire decided to sacrifice some functionality features. I personally don't mind because there are a great many tools out there focusing on expanding on different functions. Quire should remain simple even it means that it should look somewhat rudimentary.

Lorena
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 29/08/2018

Such an intuitive tool to organiza your work!

We are currently using a lot of excel sheets, which means that there are various versions of files and manual work of making sure you don't forget any deadlines. With Quire this process is automated and there is only ONE source. This helps us to be more efficient!

Pros

Quire is so easy to use, because it is intuitive! No need for long introduction sessions or reading a user guide. I signed up and /I knew immediately what to do. User friendliness is a main argument to convince the team that we can bring project management to the next level without spending a lot of time on top of normal work how to do it.
Apart from that the tree-structure is great and it really makes the user think about their projects from the beginning to the end and what is required on each level. I just always have the best possible overview of my projects and tasks thanks to this great tool.

Cons

It would be great if the reminder and email notifications could be customized more, so that Quire does not remind/notify you about everything at a certain time. Selecting with project I would like to be reminded of more often than others would be ideal, but this is really just a minor aspect.

Response from Potix

Hi Lorena,
FYI, we will let users customize email notifications in the future. That is, you will be able to choose what to get notified of. :)

Replied 31/08/2018
Seth
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Quire Review by Willison Timberworks

It has been great and exactly the planning and management tool I was looking for. Keep up the good work.

Pros

The capability to quickly and easily enter general and specific objectives and tasks and asign a date or dates to them, and to be able to prioritize them and check them off as they are completed.

Cons

Getting emails from Quire staff notifying me if I have not used Quire in while, maybe a few months, haha.

Tejas
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Best Minimal Task Manager

It's my favourite task manager and second brain app, by a large margin.

Pros

I like the fact that it's frictionless, minimal and fast, with a generous free plan and excellent paid features at a fair price.

Cons

There are no drawbacks that I can find.

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

Nice software tracking tasks

I have many projects with different teams and I can see dashboards for each team.

Pros

Is clean, you set up the dashboards you want. It is flexible for each user. You can build your dashboards

Cons

Integration with gitlab, maybe improve some reports. Improve in members page with links to go back.
Integration with SSO.

Trello and Asana
Howard

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

Everything you need to schedule plan and track projects in the palm of your hand

I'm very happy with this product. I would suggest trying this out with a small project or an example one. You'll be very impressed.

Pros

Quire is a great tool that is available cross-platform in order to plan schedule and track projects. Multiple projects can be programmed into Quire and it can automatically track The progress each individual makes toward completions of goals and milestones. It is a great tool that allows a complex and detailed schedule to be red and interacted with on a handheld mobile phone.

Cons

I'm being very nitpicky when I say this but the navigation of the project tree could be a little bit more intuitive. However once the menu items and techniques are learned, navigation is very efficient and effective.

More Education Oriented

Pros

Simplicity and easy of use. It doesn't take training to become familiar with.

Cons

It is not education oriented. When it first started it stated it would be free for faculty and instructors, but has since changed policies.