About Zendesk Sell

Zendesk Sell (formerly Base) is the web and mobile-based customer relationship management application that allows B2B and B2C sales professionals to manage sales, track leads and engage proactively with customers from anywhere....

4.1
4.1

Browse Zendesk Sell Reviews

Jacob
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Former User, Would use again

I think I well described it above but it was always positive. I loved connectivity through different regions with closers and it truly made scheduling easier.

Pros

We used base software when setting leads for Solar appointments. There was a really nice connectivity between me and the closers when I was using base. I love the idea that I can put notes on homes and have connectivity that I normally would not have had when we were using the paper method we used to use. I can slip appointments in between already scheduled appointments, just a solid product overall.

Cons

In relation to sales rabbit and other sales softwares, I loved the ability to see homes more clearly, I thought that was one thing I didn't have as much with base, it was still better in other ways though that outweighed the pros that sales rabbit brought. I would take this still over any other sales appointment software and calendaring out there.

B. W.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 09/01/2021

Great Product with GPS

Zendesk is a great product at a great price and is a value to anyone who uses it. I liked almost everything about it, but we had a compatibility issue that was not their fault. They even have a free version if you are only using the phone app. How cool is that?

Pros

I loved the ability to log the GPS for site visits. This feature was way ahead of the competition.

Cons

My email runs through a corporate cloud service and we couldn't get the email to integrate through the phone app.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk Sell

I switched for the GPS site visit technology that wasn't available on Zoho but ultimately switched back because of a compatibility issue with our software (not Zendesk).

Zoho CRM

Price and simplicity
Michelle
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 08/06/2022

Zendesk - super easy and great support

Pros

Great for the team. Makes less busy work.

Cons

Activity tracking could be more enhanced

Zoho Desk

ease of deployment

Top Zendesk Sell Alternatives

Suzanne

Reviewed on 07/12/2021

Not worth it

We were trying to integrate our sales and support management systems, but we could never get Sell working reliably enough to even start working on the support migration piece. Their support was so poor, we didn't trust them to be able to help us with our mission-critical support application.

Pros

The layout is attractive, and adding custom fields is easy.

Cons

There were lots of opportunities for this software to be a lot better than it was, and Zendesk doesn't seem to be interested in improving it. The main reason we chose Zendesk Sell was because we wanted to integrate our sales and support instances, but we were never able to get it working. It's impossible to rearrange columns in reports and you can't filter on certain things. There are simple issues, like when you export a list the FIRSTNAME and LASTNAME fields are combined and can't be separated. Their support was AWFUL; they routinely took SIX WEEKS to respond to urgent requests from us, and even then they didn't fix the problem.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk Sell

We were hoping to get an integrated sales and support solution.

SugarCRM

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Sell

At the time, we thought it would meet our needs better.
Trent
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

Powerful and simple sales management tool

I mostly used Zendesk Sell when it was the Base CRM, though they've both worked and functioned very similarly. They have created a super easy-to-use interface that makes keeping track of and interacting with clients both simple and easy. Being able to read whole past interactions as well as see relevant sales data makes it a perfect choice for a small business. I don't know how well suited it would be to a large business, but one can hope it would work well.

Pros

- Simple input for contact information for different clients and potential clients
- Super easy to create deals and potential purchases for clients
- Schedule appointments, set reminders, and send emails all from within the program
- Check metrics and numbers of different members of the sales team for different times and situations.
- Allows others to quickly catch up on what has happened in client interactions by reading through the emails that have been sent previously
- Easily sort through customer lists to find people who are relevant under different categories

Cons

- Sometimes too easy to change things that have been set by others
- Contact uploading/downloading in .csv files is a bit of a pain at first, but not terrible to get used to.

Aleksandra

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

Great crm

Pros

Easy to use and a full suite of features

Cons

Sometimes can be lacking some needed features

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk Sell

Wanted to try out another software for comparison

Salesflare

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Sell

Better reputation and recommendations from industry colleagues
Marlene
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 18/03/2020

Good CRM That Integrate with CRM

Pros

Been using it since it came out as a beta months ago, It integrates very easily with Zendesk support ticketing and has all features as any other CRM. You can easily integrate with Pandadoc and send agreements. You can send texts, emails and calls from the CRM very easily and track agents productivity.

Cons

At first it didnt have all the features i needed and support when it was a beta but they fixed all that with time.

Jared

Reviewed on 17/05/2017

Solid SMB/SME CRM. Reports are lacking but otherwise great UX

Pros

- Direct mail integration (no bcc required) saves everyone a world of hassle
- Very easy to create customized lists of deals
- Mobile app is very, very good
- Easy to customize deal page with relevant info including "smart links" to 3d party sites
- Decent UI and easy to understand
- Integrated Dialer would be great if we weren't already using Dialpad
- Quick onboarding, decent SFDC import
- Zapier integration

Cons

- Reporting is completely inadequate:
- No good way to report on lead sources
- No way to report on leads by assignee
- No way to create new reports if the pre-made ones don't do enough for you
- The UI is surprisingly slow. Like, a-full-second-for-a-simple-lookup slow. This is not a complete dealbreaker, but is pretty irritating
- Associating contacts to deals doesn't associate your comms w/them to the same deal, so if you have a lot of back and forth with someone about a deal, but forgot to add them to that deal in Base, you won't see the communication on the page for that deal.

Anthony

Reviewed on 01/05/2017

Great Tool for Keeping All Your Clients Together

Pros

Really comprehensive. I found myself adding things to client profiles, interactions, and deals just to fill in and use all the features!

Really fantastic for keeping everything related to a client and their deals organized.

Cons

Some things are too specific and didn't fit perfectly with my work flow or type of business.

The Client Space, while a fantastic idea, needs work. It's a bit user unfriendly on the client side. Also, it's pretty ugly which is a shame since the rest of Base looks so good.

An
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

Advanced CRM require learn

Totally is pretty good with the price like they offer. High tech require, report good, beautiful ui/ux

Pros

They good at show how time to spend on each prospect via Smart Status. Pipeline provide the specialization of each stage require you focus to move deal next stage. The UI:UX is modern and fresh. Its colorful then your eye will interact faster

Cons

Not have an overview for the pipeline, you should go to report to see. The left-sidebar only provide the information key-in with the Bold style so it may difficult to see and assumpt

Zach
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 13/06/2017

Base is the CRM I decided to commit to using, and overall, I'm very happy with it.

Base has helped motivate me. It makes making calls fun because you can see your goals and your progress toward them.

Base keeps me on top of what's important. For example, I called a business to see if they were interested in my services. I was told they were interested but to call back when they planned their event in a year! It's easy to set the task to call the lead back in a year, and even better is that the phone call was recorded. I can listen back and when I follow up, know exactly what's going on.

Base has also given me a clearer picture of which sources of leads are best so I'm able to focus on them first.

I could go on and on about the benefits of using Base. It's a huge part of my business.

Pros

The best thing about Base is that it works. I tried free trial versions of a couple of other CRMs and my first big test was importing data and mapping it. The very first time I tried this with Base, it worked without a hitch. The other CRMs I tried hit some kind of a snag. I'm sure I could have contacted support or messed with them and gotten then to work, but what's the point when Base worked right the first time?

On a side note, it's been my experience with almost all software that you get what you pay for. Base isn't cheap, but I also never have a problem with it. Again, you could find a cheap or even free CRM and make it work, but at what cost? Time? Aggravation?

The second reason I chose Base is because voip is integrated without having to figure out some third party way of making calls, tracking the data, and recording them. With Base, you have everything you could want in terms of a sales CRM.

Lastly, the reports are awesome. They give you any kind of info you could want.

Cons

In my list of pros, I mentioned that everything you could want in a sales CRM is built into Base. However, on the marketing side, it leaves a lot to be desired. I'm a one-man operation so I'm doing all of the sales and marketing myself.

My solution was to get the minimal ActiveCampaign account they offer and use it for my automation and marketing needs. Base and ActiveCampaign can work together using Zapier.

If you choose a higher level ActiveCampaign account, it does include a CRM with lead scoring and pipeline tracking. However, it's Mickey Mouse stuff compared to what Base can do

For example, Base's AI will actually tell you when a deal is in trouble based on the language contained within emails. It works amazingly well so you'll know right away if a potential deal needs your attention.

Another problem with Base is that they haven't improved it much. There are little things they should be able to fix right away, like having a field for a lead's phone extension. That's right, if you have a number and an extension, there's no place to enter the extension!

The knowledge base is very limited but support is decent. You'll be writing them a lot, not with technical issues, but with questions about functionality.

There's no community to speak of to after you sign up for Base, you feel like you're the only one using it.

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Very streamlined and efficient, user-friendly and easy to customize, great customer service.

Base made it easy for me to customize a CRM to exactly my needs, as well as bring all the functions of my business - from calls and emails to tracking deals and closings - into one place.

Pros

I'm in the real estate field and I've used maybe a dozen different CRMs over the years, both for myself and at different companies. I've worked in Salesforce, Top Producer, and CINC extensively. I found Base on accident while I was trying out a handful of new CRMs to kick off a new independent venture, and it's easily the best one. It automatically logs a huge number of my activities so I don't have to take notes, includes a built-in phone system so I can make all calls through my computer quickly (and automatically track them), and it's really intuitive and easy to customize. Funny enough, I think one of their smartest "features" is that they give you a 30-day free trial on a full-service version of the software up front. Because it's a really intuitive system, getting a chance to click around in the CRM and test out how I would set it up made it clear quickly it was going to be an excellent option. PS - the customer service is fantastic. I'm admittedly a bit of a high-maintenance client, and they always respond quickly and with clear answers.

Cons

There are a few places here and there in the Base CRM that are missing small features - for example, there's currently no "Previous Lead" or "Next Lead" button on each lead page, you just have to go back to your lead list (similar to Salesforce). That said, none of these little features have slowed me down any, and they are extremely receptive to feature feedbacks and requests - based on their responses I'm confident that this CRM is just going to continue getting better as they continue adjusting to client feedback and ideas.

Angelique
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

Zendesk Sell: Mobility and Integration Solution!

Zendesk Sell was well rounded and flexible to cater to our needs. It has various features that we are able to utilize, and smoothen up the sales process, such as customization of sales deals, automation of tasks and roles, forecasting sales, deal customization, even the organization of smart lists, and yeilding reports.

Pros

As an independent sales representative for Medical Justice, we aimed to be both mobile and flexible for our clients. The company has then decided to dive into an all new CRM software that brings forth mobility and integration that would allow adoption and improvement from the representatives; this is how Zendesk Sell came into the picture. Zendesk Sell happen to offer and provide every detail the company needed for a CRM. It was perfect! It was our solution!

Cons

So far, it's has been helpful and we love the fact of how flexible it was to cater to our needs, therefore, there is nothing to dislike, nor cons that we could think of.

Chi

Reviewed on 06/03/2014

Intuitive, User Friendly GUI and Great Service Personnel

I felt one of the reviews was unfair and unhelpful. I hope this will help people in their decision making. To keep the review in context, I am part of a smaller business in financial services, where client numbers aren't in the multitudes.

First off, I want to say that their customer contact personnel and support team are absolute stars. Very polite and attentive, they called me up within 2 minutes of finishing the tutorial to see if I had any questions.

Second, they had a walk through tutorial! Unlike Insightly or 3 of the other CRM's I tested, Base did not just leave you to test it out on your own. They populated the account with a dummy setup to more thoroughly demonstrate its uses. On completion of the tutorial, they reset the account and let me tinker myself.

The interface and functionality of Base is highly intuitive. After the initial walk through, I was able to determine how to create, edit and manage all the fields, filters, contact statuses, pipeline stages, etc.

Finally it has connectivity with Office 365 and allows for email syncing... (however this has not been functioning fully for me)

Now some issues I ran into, the syncing of my emails to base is a bit dicey. We use office 365 and Base can connect to it to sync emails. However, my emails aren't being received in base correctly. I can send mails, individually or in mass, via Base, but my mails don't automatically sync upon receiving at all. I have to use the Base plugin on Outlook to send the appropriate mails manually. While this is inconvenient, the staff have been very helpful and are working on it. Hopefully there is a resolution to this inconvenience.

Pros

- Intuitive, User Friendly and generally refreshing to work with
- Great tutorials and educational content via their blog
- Support staff are attentive and helpful
- Offers office 365 email connectivity (BIG +++)

Cons

- Email Syncing is not working as intended (however this could be an isolated issue due to something on my end - currently troubleshooting)

Christopher

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Very friendly UI, great software and can be customized

Pros

Zendesk sell have been one of the best CRM software that I have tested and used in the past. It has very friendly UI and can be customized to your liking. The best part that i liked about Zendesk sell was that it was able to be linked with microsoft office which allowed connection to emails and calendars (sync and will remind you if you have a reminder placed). It also can be implemented onto mobiles which is useful at times and from experience, the mobile app is superb. No issues whatsoever with the mobile app and doesn't lack the functions it have on a desktop. Pricing for this product is very affordable for what its got to offer. Overall this product is great and I do highly recommend it to others.

Cons

The only thing that I dislike about this software is that it takes a long time to load up compared to other similar softwares.

Mary

Reviewed on 25/11/2015

BASE CRM: Love it!

Pros

BASE is clean and simple, yet powerfully effective as a CRM. It's intuitive, extremely user-friendly, supplies lots of video tutorials and access to the California team for FAQ's, and has all the features other, more complicated, expensive CRM's have. It allows you to tailor your database to fit your needs; and track sales, tasks, and pipeline projects in graphic form. It's affordable and has a great app for mobile phones that allows access to contacts, notes, tasks, and a workable platform while on the go in real time. It's simple to teach new users how to navigate and utilize. Adding or deleting users is simple, and access to the CRM information can be limited / private, or made public for the entire team to access. I feel like it's hip and cutting edge product; not at all stuffy.

Cons

The one complaint I have is when you do talk to a team member over the phone, there's a lot of background noise in their office. I also wish some of the commonly-used fields would transfer to new Contacts, like Phone Number and Industry so that those don't have to be retyped with new contact entry.

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Finally something new and interesting from Zendesk

The overall experience with Zendesk sell has been really good, I would recommend it.

Pros

Our team really liked this tool over salesforce. There are a ton of really great options and features, along with a pretty easy to use UI.

Cons

This is a new offering for Zendesk and the onboarding process left a lot to be desired. I do believe this will improve over time.

Jimmy
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 12/09/2016

Very useful app !

For our micro-enterprise, we consider this App as an employee who helps us to coordinate customer records. Since we are working with Base, we lose fewer customers and time to acquisition. With Google Chrome plugIn, when we are working with LinkedIn, with a single click, add a contact to lead to our database in Base CRM. This prevents us from doing it manually as before.

Pros

Time saving for lead management.
Followed best customer records.
Android, calls are automatically tracked and recorded in base with an option to add a note of the conversation in order to remember it and therefore continue the discussion more effectively to the next call or email.

Cons

Creating quotes directly into Base and easily exportable to Xero has to be improved because it is a useful but incomplete integration to be really effective.
Management contact book between Base CRM and Xero needs also improvement.

Rick

Reviewed on 10/06/2017

Easy to use, full-featured CRM

Flexible, scalable, intuitive CRM. I like that it integrates with a variety of other services and is easy to use. It stores a lot of information on our clients and has different alerts to remind you of events and task.

Pros

I've been using Base now for the past four years. I've found it easy to use and intuitive. It integrates with several other systems. One feature I really appreciate is how it picks up and stores emails that are sent into a person's profile wether they are sent or received either internally or externally from Base. The ability to follow a sale through its different phases is also easy to use. The mobile app works interfaces icely with an iPhone and allows you to record Actions after the call. It is well organized, scalable and offers everything a small business needs in a CRM

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to add photos to your contacts. It can pick a photo up if you have some social media information, but I have found the process cumbersome.

Brian
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 02/03/2018

The Base CRM app is for the truly organized.

Base CRM is a customer relation mangement tool with a low price tag and high return. Check it out.

Pros

I bought this in the iTunes App store a few years ago and remember it was a really good app. The only issue is its for the truly organized. I realize that I was not the type of salesman for this app. This app is for a salesman who truly sets appointments and needs to care about and follow up with his/her leads. It has goals and everything imaginable. I was just a simple windshield replacement guy who came for a one stop close and moved on. I also attempted using this for my sales as a home security guy but it never stuck with me. The reality is this is for larger sales and more "qualified" and traditional salesmen and businessmen. Check it out. If it is right for you you will appreciate it 100%. All that I said will make sense when you actually see it. It was cheap enough to have no money wasted .

Jessica

Reviewed on 02/02/2017

Base Crm

The base is a great client tracking software. Offering high-level reporting, whole team call, and email monitoring, and a very good integrated mobile app Base gets the job done for keeping track of your internal communications.

Pros

The mobile app syncs with each team member's phone and creates activity reports for each client. At any given moment you can check to monitor all communications, email, and calls sent to each client by your team. The activity stream allows the admin to monitor all communications for each team member in one place and creates a log to archive client interaction historically.

Cons

Base CRM works with a 3rd party quoting software integration. Which can be confusing during the transition with your team. The third party does offer email tracking to see if the clients are opening the emails and the actual proposal allows clients to choose from a selection of optional items that auto calculates into the final total as they decide which work to complete out of a list.

Mandi

Reviewed on 05/10/2017

Easiest CRM for on-the-go use

Pros

great mobile app. ability to see the number of times a client has viewed an email! Easy to use deals/opportunities function. Love that it automatically logs calls/emails to the relevant contact.

Cons

I wish it had better integrations with other softwares. It has several that it integrates with, but the integrations are minimal at best and completely non-functional at worst. Better integration with accounting and digital marketing softwares would be nice for me and might be critical for other industries

Margaret

Reviewed on 07/09/2017

BASE

Pros

It's easy to use. You can sync on mobile devices and desktop computer. It's great for groups and team work. Base works very well on a mobile phone, in my case an iPhone. It's very easy to navigate between the dashboard, to the leads, contacts deals tasks calendars and reports. you can even enter your email setting to save every email in the system regardless of where you send it from. Even when emailing from your computer software like Outlook or Mail, Base will grab this email and include it in your Base database.

Cons

Google apps sync is really bad, users all over the world complain about the very poor solution it

Adam
  • Industry: Management Consulting
2.5

Reviewed on 26/08/2016

Fantastic CRM

Pros

Base's Support Team is fantastic. They flew out members of their team to get us set up. They gave shirts and other swag, and were a delight to deal with. Online support is fantastic, and quick. Base itself is easy to use, and has a streamlined work Flow. There software is very user friendly and modern. You can get up and running in a matter of days. Reach out to them and find out if their software will fit your needs. Either way, I'm sure they will be warm and welcoming to your team.

Cons

We ultimately moved away from base because there was no way to create some key API integrations that we needed in our industry. I occasionally imported a doc that resulted in a few hundred duplicate users. They could be cleaned up quickly, but still inconvenient. :(

Adam

Reviewed on 14/04/2021

Zendesk keeps us organized

Zendesk has allowed us to keep track of who is doing what on the team, so that we can avoid double booking or stepping on toes.

Pros

Zendesk Sell is easy to use, pushes notifications where needed, and is great for small teams.

Cons

There can be frustrating roadblocks, such as when there are similar names or the CRM gets confused, however this can usually be smoothed out fairly quickly.