Timesheets.com Reviews

About Timesheets.com

Timesheets.com provides cloud-based time tracking for small and midsize businesses. The service allows employers to track both hourly time for payroll and project time for billing. Employers can also track reimbursable...

4.8

Browse Timesheets.com Reviews

elmare
elmare
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 02/12/2023

Great product to keep time

Pros

Very user friendly. You can add sick leave time booked of and even holidays easy for hr department

Cons

People have to pit in their own hours which make it difficult to know if they really worked those hours

Svend Bertil
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 20/01/2023

A Comprehensive and Useful Timesheet Tool

Overall, I have been very pleased with Timesheets.com. It is a great tool for tracking employee hours and payroll information. It is easy to use and provides comprehensive reports. The cost is the only downside, but the features provided are well worth the price.

Pros

Timesheets.com is an excellent timesheet tracking software that makes it easy to track employee hours. The interface is simple and straightforward, and it includes features such as overtime tracking and payroll integration. The reports are comprehensive and helpful, making it easy to analyze employee performance. I also love that it sends out automatic reminders to employees when they forget to submit their timesheets.

Cons

The only downside to Timesheets.com is the cost. It can be somewhat expensive, especially for small businesses. Additionally, the customer support is not always very responsive, which can be frustrating when you need help quickly.

Cassandra

Reviewed on 09/04/2021

Timesheets for hire

The best experience is the ability to keep an accurate account of time tracking

Pros

I have to say, this is a not really difficult application but it keeps an accurate account of time tracking. You don't clock in unless you are in the building of facility you work and you are connected to the app itself. It has a tracker on the app that lets you know that you are in the correct place at this time and it clocks you in when you go to the app.

Cons

I don't like the fact that you have to go into the app just to check in. I fell like the employee should be able to manage the app better from their phone. If you don't have your phone, then you have to waste time to physically go to a computer to check in. I honestly love the time cards better than this actual app. It can become complicated because it only shows the iphone compatible and it does work under the android system but it compiles complications. If the employee has any other type of phone because not everyone has the best type of phone, they will have issues.

Response from Timesheets.com

Capterra ignored our pleas to remove this review. We can see the full name of the reviewer and their company name, and neither were ever users in our system. Also, we work fine on Android, contrary to the comments made by this reviewer. Our mobile site works on any browser. Please do not use this review in your evaluation of our service. Thank you!!

Replied 03/05/2021

Top Timesheets.com Alternatives

Anna Ruth

Reviewed on 12/04/2024

Timesheets is a good alternative to other products

For the most part I am happy, but there are features I still do not know how to work and there are some things like the way the reports the hours but does not total each day and i cannot figure out how to see if ot was met. I found it once quite by accident.

Pros

I like that it was fairly easy to use and the cost was reasonable

And the support is very fast and effecient. Shout out to [sensitive content hidden] :)

Cons

Some of the admin features are confusing and many of the users still cannot figure it out. I wish there was a reminder feature I could set to auto send to the employees

Jackie

Reviewed on 24/03/2021

Timesheets make it possible for us to get development hours for all our products since we couldn't get this information from Jira's out of the box time tracking feature. Finance is able to get these reports regularly and use them for Cap/Opex reporting.

Pros

We love how easy it is to setup resources and projects within the tool and how intuitive it was for the resources using it. We were able to run both the employee and project reports and they were pretty easy and straightforward. The tool is a standard alone tool that doesn't have to be integrated with anything and that makes it so much easier to use without worrying about integration cliches. The price point is very reasonable and available without extra additions that could possibly ballon the price.

Cons

I wish that we could run the employee and project report at the same time so that we can see each employee by project instead of one or the other. This could be a new feature added to the product but in no way a deterrent from the product.

ClickTime

ClickTime

Reasons for Switching to Timesheets.com

We are choosing Timesheets because of the price point, ease of use and a stand-alone product that doesn't need to be integrated to our existing products. Great customer service that started as soon as we signed up. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made sure that I understood the product by giving me a walkthrough, answering questions and recommending best practices for the tool.
Catherine L

Reviewed on 15/03/2021

Great produce and customer service

Great people to work with, and a very good, super-functional program with simple, clear-cut reports. I am pleased to have started with Timesheets.com.

Pros

This was fairly easy to set up, with their staff transferring my client info in a report produced from my old time program. There were some small glitches, as with any new program learning curve, but the staff is very helpful, patient, and knowledgeable. We were up and running very quickly.

Cons

I dislike having to enter a reason for editing a time entry when I goofed, but understand that in a much larger firm this would be a great help administratively.

Juanita

Reviewed on 04/01/2022

Affordable, Easy, and one less thing to stress about

I have already shared it with three of my colleagues. I found it to be stress free to get it all set up and to start using it.

Pros

This was extremely easy to get my staff enrolled. There wasn't a single question, delay, or need to call anyone for assistance with just getting things started. Timesheet sent an email to my staff, the staff enrolled and all I had to do was add the email address. It was super easy compared to ADP. I love that you can save the website to the desktop and clock in with you information without having to login first. It takes about 10-15 seconds to clock in. My favorite feature is the approval of mistakes to clocking in and out. The staff can make a request and you can select to approve it or deny it from the email the system sends you. There is no searching for requests.

Cons

I wish the home page was easier to navigate. The design of the page makes it difficult to get to something the first few times you use it. It could be cleaned up to make it smoother.

Michele

Reviewed on 08/12/2023

Timesheets Review

excellent, money well spent so I can charge my clients accurately.

Pros

very easy to use.
Support is quick and helpful.

Cons

only the fact I am probably not using it to it's full capability.

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

Help need a better one

Pros

okay and tracking some but not all. auto for 30 min and not true

Cons

I could see a problem with the auto feature on breaks

Response from Timesheets.com

Gartner, please clean these kinds of useless (and inaccurate) reviews. Timesheets.com does in fact track breaks, paid and unpaid.

Replied 09/04/2024
Tara
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 04/08/2023

From Charleson Engineering Ltd

We as a company of 6 like the program and it's ease

Pros

The ease of project time entry and expense entry.

Cons

The non-communication between qbo's. You can only export to qbo they don't talk back and forth between platforms

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to Timesheets.com

The ease of access and the outstanding support
Nona

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

I am so grateful for this program finding me!

Pros

+The ease of control as the admin-I can see everyone's entries and edit where necessary. +The mobile feature-my foremen can enter their time whenever it is convenient for them and I see their updates immediately. +Producing reports are so easy-it has cut down the sorting through our many Excel sheets to add up our project times by 1000%. We are a small company and did not want to sign up for expensive construction PM programs. This does the job for us without the high expense. +I also use the reports feature to calculate payroll hours...instantly-this has also saved me many hours. +Chat support is instant and they are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Cons

-There are very minor details that TS could work on, when I run into them, I contact their customer support via Chat and make my suggestions. An example of one feature I have requested is that they add a line item displaying the date range on their 'Payroll By Account Code' Excel Reports. I can enter this in manually with no issue, it would just be convenient if it were already on the report itself. I already contacted customer support regarding this and she said she would send my request to the engineers of the program. I hope to see this feature updated, if not, I will continue to use this program and manually enter the date range. It is not a show stopper. I would be extremely sad if this program every closed down, can't live without it now.

Sumeet

Reviewed on 10/04/2022

Timesheets.com

Excellent. Easy to use and very affordable for what the program has to offer.

Pros

It is very user friendly for employees. Employees of all ages can use it even if they are not technology savvy.

Cons

Overrides are difficult to do, but not impossible. Employees sometimes can't clock-in due to some error, but its seldom.

Time Matters

Reasons for Choosing Timesheets.com

Mainly due to cost.

Cost.
Scott
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 02/01/2020

Great for Government Contractors

Customer support is very responsive, and you can reach them through either a phone number or chat box that are both easy to find on the page.

Pros

Very few products meet the government DCAA requirements for time tracking, but Timesheets.com does. There are some very expensive options that might be appropriate for large companies, but for a small (<10 employees) company, those options are not acceptable. Timesheets.com is affordable for a small business and has the features needed for government contracting. The user interface is fairly easy to learn. Employees can enter their time either from a laptop or their mobile device, which is convenient. Some websites that review these tools say Timesheets.com has no "app", which creates the false impression that you can't use it on your phone...you can use it on your phone by pointing your browser to the www.timesheets.com website, which has a layout set up for mobile devices.

Cons

As a government contractor in a project-based work environment, the tools for setting up a project Work Breakdown Structure with multiple levels are fairly limited. The tools are good enough for a small business with project structures that are relatively small and simple, but are too limited for complex projects with a complicated WBS structure. I wish Timesheets.com would upgrade those tools.

Heike

Reviewed on 19/09/2022

I usually like!

Overall, I loved the save time and auto-save feature. I think it is one of the rare software that you can use for a long time and be satisfied. Also, thank you for your interest in customer service.

Pros

If you need a web-based timeline, you can rely on this software. I like the overall quality. It is obvious that it is a company that cares about customer satisfaction, and they managed to evaluate the negative comments and make the software up-to-date and error-free.

Cons

Since it is web-based, I sometimes have trust problems, but I have never had a negative experience in this regard. Since I've always been an obsessive person about trust, I think they will reach more users if they are updated on this issue. I think the general problem of the software we use today is the problem of trust.

• Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 25/02/2018

I am using Timesheets.com for my salon and it's been extremely efficient and easy for me & the...

Ability to easily capture employee hours and monitor online. Ease of use, for me as the administrator and for my employees.

Pros

I really like how straightforward it was to set up for my employees, and how intuitive and easy it is for my employees to use everyday. It took them very little time to get accustomed to it, I feel confident their hours are being accurately captured, and it's easy for me to monitor and approve hours from wherever I am. I also really appreciate that it has an IP Lock feature; with many online systems that's not available or comes at a premium. Though I have a solid team, it gives me extra peace of mind to know my employees can only clock in and out from the salon computer. I have really appreciated the outstanding customer support I've received, from the time I was just considering using it (they answered all my questions), through setting it up, and even after I started using it, they called multiple times to check in to see if I had any questions or needed any further assistance. That's amazing service, especially considering I only have a few employees, so I'm not a large account for them. They truly care about every single one of their clients having a great experience with their product.

Amy

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

Overall, Timesheets.com has been a great solution for our company.

Pros

I like the fact that I can run any reports I need, based on whichever variables I choose. I also like that I can set cost and bill rates for each person, and for each project. That flexibility is important in a consulting environment.

Cons

I would really like the ability to copy profiles or create profile templates for setting up new users. It's tedious going through each new user profile to set all the parameters and permissions, when they are the same as many existing users.

I would also like to be able to give supervisors access to view specific employees, even if they are not under their direct chain of command. Or for them to be able to view all hours entered for a specific project. (Often, the person managing a project is not necessarily the supervisor for all employees on the project. But they still need to see all hours entered for that project.)

Cynthia

Reviewed on 23/06/2016

Clocking in and Out

Our company has used Timeclock.com since 2011 for both salary and hourly employees. We were able to merge the information/reports with the time clock to our payroll system.

Pros

What makes the software so worthy is the simplicity for both the employee & employer to be able to track hours, notes, vacation and etc. One of the features I really like are the reports that are available. One additional bonus to having this software also includes the archived information on each employee for the hours worked while employed with the company.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about this software because I feel that the options available make it so easy to setup a new employee.

Response from Timesheets.com

Cyntha,

We appreciate you taking time to review our product after all this time. Reviews definitely seem more relevant today than they might have a few years ago. Thanks again. Each review means a lot to us.

Replied 29/06/2016
Stacey
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 23/04/2019

Simple, Straight-Forward Product with Great Customer Service

Overall, Timesheets.com allows us to track our employees time in a simple, but effective format. And while they may not have all of the bells and whistles of some of the newer time clock software options out there, they do have unparalleled customer support. We have tried others and trust me the added features without the support only equal added headaches. We're glad we're using Timesheets.com.

Pros

The customer service is top notch. The team does not make you feel like an idiot if you don't know simple tasks and they don't put you on hold for an hour if you have more complicated questions. You get straight-forward service whether that is assistance with a real person through the chat bot or more hand -holding service on the phone. Additionally the product itself is simple. While there isn't an app, it's very easy for the team to clock in and out and edit time as needed as well in the browser. They can enter their own PTO requests and I can view them individually or in the calendar mode to compare against who else will be out that day.

Cons

There is no app and it doesn't integrate directly with the payroll service.

Norma

Reviewed on 02/01/2022

Perfect Product

I have used this produce for over a year and I have loved using it on my phone. I can clock in and out on my app and keep track of my time, vacation and holidays.

Pros

This product is amazing. I love using it to track my time and PTO. I use the app so I can clock in and out right on my phone.

Cons

I like everything about this product. All available right on my phone.

Reviewed on 09/02/2017

Frametechs

Or use it to keep a record of all of my jobs I really like how I can break down the jobs per person and it allows me to know where I am financially in real time. Every time I have had a problem setting someone up or Working with the program I have been helped out by someone on the phone and they were very helpful. I do recommend it to everyone I work with

Pros

It is very easy to use and when I need assistance I get it right away

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult loading a new person on to the program

Response from Timesheets.com

Thanks for the review, Michael. Actually we do have a simple solution for your problem with new hires! You have a feature enabled even though you're not using it, and hiding it from view will make the project time sheet the default login view. I will contact you offline to show you where to turn it off. That will solve your new hire training problem.

Replied 09/02/2017
Adam

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

I needed an inexpensive solution and their customer service won me over.

Pros

I like that my employees are able to submit time off requests and I am notified quickly. It is overall easy to set-up more employees on the account, it does not take a large amount of steps or walk through. Timesheets has been a time friendly way for a small business operator as myself to create a solution.

Cons

I would like for Timesheets to integrate a standalone time-clock system to work with their software. I do not like the fact that my employees have to log into a computer to clock in. I would also like for the employees vacation/PTO time to have two separate columns, one that states what they currently have in the bank and one that shows what they have in the bank minus any approved time off requests. It is currently hard to track if the employee is accruing time off correctly compared to their pay-check stub.

Laurie
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 28/06/2017

Intuitive software that doesn't require a lot of instructions for me (or my staff) to use.

I complete payroll and track employee/contractor volumes by form reviewed.

Pros

I like that there is always help when I do need it. Very problem-solving oriented support team! I have only positive experiences every time I have either a simple or complex question. They take the time to try and understand my business and the underlying goal that I'm trying to accomplish.

Cons

The only thing I don't love is that we use the supervisor feature so that our contractors can see their rates per piece - but that leaves me a little vulnerable. Since they are input as supervisors, they can also change the rates on me. I bet we are unique in requiring this feature for non-supervisors, however.

Jay
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 27/01/2018

As a small business owner, to find a software source with fantastic support at a low cost is...

A system that works !

Pros

The flexibility of its Report capabilities is outstanding. I can generate reports quickly and in multiple different ways to suit different projects & my own personal queries.
Its easy for my staff to enter their Timesheets as they finish each project or at the end of each day.
Being Cloud based it doesn't matter where I am, on what PC or Tablet I'm working from - it just simply all works & its all there !
What more needs to be said !
We love it.

Cons

Probably due to my own lack of understanding, but in when a Staff member leave & I archieve their data, some of those projects continue to be worked on, but the departed staffer's times aren't included unless you delve deeper to activate their times (which depends on you remembering the time period they worked to & from).

Kim

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Their chat support is wonderful. They respond quickly and helpful.

Allows me to track work done by my remote workers, process paychecks more quickly, and provide historical data on specific projects.

Pros

The program is intuitive and offers what I need. There are a number of reports available and customizable in so many ways. The clock in and clock out buttons are conveniently placed. The time entry screen is compact and allows space for making long notes.

Cons

Setting up an employee is the only thing I have needed assistance with and this is only because I add an employee so rarely. There are lots of options available to cover virtually any setting you could want but it can seem be a little overwhelming.

Reviewed on 25/04/2019

Timesheets Timetracker

Pros

Timesheets helps me to stay organized throughout my day. I like that this software is intuitive and user-friendly​. It makes life very easy for me by providing a simple to use platform for me to manage client project billing. I also like that I can view historical data so that I can stay accountable for my tasks and also to identify the projects that need to be managed more efficiently.

Cons

The only downside for me is that time tracking is still a very manual process and Timesheets does what it can to automate the process but there could be more automation features implemented.