Dropbox Sign Reviews

About Dropbox Sign

Dropbox Sign is the intuitive way to sign and request signatures securely online. Add legally valid signatures to any agreement—from new-hire offer letters to loans to sales contracts to NDAs. An award-winning user interface,...

Browse Dropbox Sign Reviews

1,436 of 1,436 reviews
Richelle Marting
Richelle Marting
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 10/10/2020

Excellent e-signature solution

For my minimal e-signature needs - only a few documents a month - this is the perfect solution. It's extremely easy to use for both me and even the unexperienced recipient.

Pros

Extremely easy to use, affordable, with great audit trails. It sends messages to all signatories with alerts to sign the document and reminders if the document remains unsigned after several days. All users are notified and sent a copy when the document is fully executed.

Cons

Biggest drawback for me is lack of a Microsoft Word add-in to upload/sign directly from Word instead of having to log into the website and upload. Other solutions offer this solution and it would be a great timesaver if added.

Docusign and Adobe Acrobat Reader

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Sign

For me, the free license of HelloSign was the reason I chose this product, along with extensive positive feedback from professionals in my industry.
Mary

Reviewed on 10/06/2022

If you can open an email, you can sign electronically.

I've had trouble in the past with clients, particularly older ones, who did not know how to electronically sign a document. This is incredibly easy for them to use. I have not had one client who was unable to sign. This became very important during Covid when even local clients were unable to sign in person. I've used other software, usually through their free trial offer. When I tried HelloSign as a free trial offer, I was sold.

Pros

We send tax documents to clients across the country. Now they can easily sign them and return them to us. They do not required any specific software, apps or know-how. If they can open an email, they can sign the document. This is especially important for our older clients and our non-English speaking clients.

It does not integrate with my software, but that is because they have their own program they want you to buy. But it is easy to print to PDF and drag and drop.

Another great feature is the automatic email reminders that you can set up. I can tell if a client has viewed the document, signed the document, or if only one spouse has signed. But I do not have to monitor this daily. HelloSign will send reminders that they have not completed all actions.

Cons

My tax software normally issues a password for each set of documents which I cannot use when sending out the signatures. This may be something that is available in an upgrade, but not in the standard package. Although we normally verify them anyway, we take extra steps to ensure that the email address is correct/current.

Response from Dropbox

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Mary. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about the pricing tiers for password protection to our product team. Thank you again!

Darren

Reviewed on 07/10/2022

Okay product, but absoutely the worst customer service

Pros

Initially (several years ago) the user experience of this software was better than most, back when Docusign was the only game in town. We chose HelloSign based on that. Today that's no longer the case and there are many products with a better overall UI and user experience (UX), like PandaDoc.

Cons

The product support for HelloSign is absolutely the worst of any SaaS (cloud-based) document signing product available today. I'm not sure if it's the result of DropBox acquiring them and trying to save money, or what but if you have the option to choose a solution like this go with PandaDoc or even Docusign.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Sign

The horrible customer service.

PandaDoc

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Sign

At the time there were few products available in the space. DocuSign ws the first but the user-experience wasn't as good as HelloSign. Today, HelloSign is the same but many new products entered the market and even DocuSign evolved.

Response from Dropbox

We're sorry to hear you've had trouble with our support team. We'll be sure to share your experience with the team. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback Darren.

Replied 18/10/2022

Top Dropbox Sign Alternatives

Marco

Reviewed on 17/04/2024

Handling Document Signing Made Easy With Dropbox Sign

Pros

I like that signing documents is easy and fast
The software is affordable and comes with great document management features

Cons

Never had issues with Dropbox Sign. It is perfect.

William
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 10/06/2022

Excellent Value when compared to their biggest competitor

Excellent Value for Entrepreneurs and Start-Ups. ULIMITED actually means UNLIMITED, unlike their more expensive competitor who offer unlimited until you get to 8 sends per month, then their 'fair-use' policy kicks in to charge extra fees or attempts to coerce you into 'upgrading'. Thus far I have sent 27 documents out for e-Signature. ZERO ISSUE. Smooth. I get an email verifying the Send, the Read and the instant the doc has been Signed by each party, and then a Completion Notice. Overall I wanted value for my $$$... I found that with HelloSign. Very happy!!

Pros

ULIMITED Document Send4Signature(s) actually translates into UNLIMITED without ANY 'fine print' surprise limitations under some 'fair use' policy garbage. THIS was the a huge

Cons

I wish the HelloSign APP was available in Canada. No idea why it's not. Makes ZERO sense to me. I can still access it on my phone but I have to sign in using a mobile browser, and THAT means my use can be tracked by companies like Google and Samsung... I DO NOT LIKE THAT! I like an APP that I click on and I'm right there to do business without the extra strokes and 2FA. That annoys me.

Response from Dropbox

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, William. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about the 2fa barriers in Canada to our product team. Thank you again!

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Hellosign over Adobe Sign every day!

Overall love it and has been a far better tool to use for doc signing than adobe sign

Pros

Hellosign is really easy to setup new templates to use for sending out signatures and receiving them, and all of our docs are stored and easily accessible for both parties after signature

Cons

Nothing I like least, price is fair, maybe can be a few bucks left, but it's cool!

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Sign

Hellosign was new to me and I gave it a shot and liked everything about it more than Adobe Sign

Response from Dropbox

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! Thank you again!

Replied 29/06/2022

High Quality, Great Value, Should be The Industry Leader

Pros

Crafting what needs to be signed and where on the document is incredibly simple. In addition, sharing this document with a client who can sign seamlessly without a clunky and frustrating account creation process is a game changer. Night and day better than docusign.

Cons

Sometimes the placement of signature boxes can glitch when creating the document. I would like this to be explored and ironed out entirely if possible

Response from Dropbox

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about field placement to our product team. Thank you again!

Replied 05/07/2022
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/06/2022

Works intuitively and as expected

Exceptional

Pros

Didn't need any support to get started and continue using.

Cons

Hmmm, Can't think of anything. This totally meets our needs.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Sign

We used Drop Box and it is integrated seamlessly.

Kate
Kate
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Great for coaching businesses!

Great! I would recommend to other coaches!

Pros

Easy to use and get a signature from a client remotely.

Cons

Took a few tries to get the hang of using it. Now it's easy!

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Sign

Cost, hello sign was less expensive and did the same thing.

more affordable.

Response from Dropbox

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Kate. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about learning and onboarding to our product team. Thank you again!

Blake
Blake
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 04/11/2021

Nothing fancy, gets the job done

We use this for internal purposes as well as having our workshop participants sign agreements. For the most part, everyone seems to use it just fine.

Pros

It does everything we need it to do: collect electronic signatures, send reminders for said signatures.

Cons

It can be clunky - and it's a little pricy for a small nonprofit. I also wish there was a way to upload one document and allow it to go out to multiple people at once, rather than having to send them out individually.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Sign

HelloSign seemed to be a bit cheaper and easier to use than DocuSign.
Rich

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

HelloSign is the perfect solution for Realtors

Overall, HelloSign has filled a gap for our company where other competitors missed the mark. We used DocuSign for many years, but due to pricing and integration capabilities with our management software, we selected HelloSign

Pros

As a real estate development and management company, it is important to be able to clients and partners with documents for electronic signature. Being able to view, sign and complete the process (and repeat) is important for creating efficiencies and growing.

Cons

The one main drawback I've seen so far is that templates are not able to be edited during a send. If I need to change one field for a unique reason, I would have to create a completely new template. Also, there is no way to edit a document after being send (prior to anyone signing). It would be nice to be able to make amendments to a document (and recirculate to signers) instead of having to recreate.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Sign

Due to pricing and integration capabilities with our management software, we selected HelloSign

Response from Dropbox

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Rich. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about post-send-editing to our product team. Thank you again!

Replied 26/06/2022
Samantha
  • Industry: Law Practice

Completely changed our business

HelloSign has completely changed the way we send documents for signature and has absolutely saved us time and resources getting documents to and from our clients.

Pros

Prior to HelloSign, we would have to email documents for client signature, print and mail them, or have the client stop by in-person. Many of our clients live out-of-town or out-of-state, and a good number of them do not have access to a computer or printer, so it was extremely difficult and took quite a bit of time trying to figure out who was able to sign how. Now, we just send the document using HelloSign, and they are able to sign from their phone or computer, and they do not need a printer.

Cons

I wish there was a way to insert custom, fillable fields, i.e. date of birth or SSN - there may be/probably is a way to do this, I just haven't had time to sit down and look through/learn it, and couldn't think of anything else to put here.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Sign

We were already using Dropbox to send files to clients and other law offices, so when we found out that they partnered with HelloSign, it seemed like the easiest and most cost effective option.

Response from Dropbox

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Samantha. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about learning about how to best leverage our fields/templates to our product team. Thank you again!

Danica
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

Hello...SIGN! An Electronic Signature Alternative

It's been a great experience using HelloSign. My company was able to save money by switching to this platform and it has great usability. It's been really great using this product! I highly recommend HelloSign.

Pros

I like the user interface on this product. It's very user friendly and easy to navigate between functions. I also love that there is the ability to create template and template links. The template links are a great option so you can share in bulk or don't want to type an email address in each time you send the same form to someone.

Cons

I don't like that there isn't a good customer service function. It's hard to get help and you have to contact the company via email.

Foxit eSign

Cost effectiveness.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Sign

HelloSign had the best product value and features that we needed.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Manager

Pros

I use it primarily for the e-signature. This allows me to quickly send a contract to a customer and have them sign it the same day instead of waiting for the US Post Office.

Cons

I wish the templates could be presented in PDF format instead of the question/answer format. I tried using the template but felt more like a Google form than the PDF I had originally designed.

Response from Dropbox

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, James. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about PDF output to our product team. Thank you again!

Lisa

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Great value and great product

We use HelloSign for all of our contracts and change orders. We love that we can get them documents to people quickly and have electronic, verified signatures.

Pros

Love the ease of use of the software. Very intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

There is nothing that I don’t like about this software. Would like to possibly be able to edit documents once sent instead of having to delete and send new.

Pricing for HelloSign was much better than Docusign

Pricing

Response from Dropbox

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Lisa. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about post-send editing to our product team. Thank you again!

Replied 11/07/2022
Ashley
  • Industry: Telecommunications

HelloSign Review- Used Daily

We have to have contracts signed in order to do our day to day processes so having the ability to sent them through this system, and be able to afford to do so, makes the process a 1,000 times faster and has increased our production and minimizes the redos we have had.

Pros

We were using a different product prior to switching over to HelloSign but that one got way too expensive. When we found this product it was exactly the same processes and detail only at a rate that us as a company could afford. We loved this so much we even brought another of our friends over to the product as well!

Cons

It would be nice it we could resend documents to customers through the mobile app, that would give me the ability to literally work from anywhere at any time but it is still better than anything else we reviewed or looked at purchasing

Response from Dropbox

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Ashley. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about mobile app sending to our product team. Thank you again!

Jenny

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Customer Care Team need some work.

The benefit of hellosign is that it does what it should on a basic level. In regards to price increase and level of service it really needs to work on this to justify its increase.

Pros

I like the ease of the software but some basic features need to be really considered.

Cons

Customer care team, In the instance of an emergency you can wait over 48 hours which is not ideal when you are using the product daily. The team also just seem to say I have escalated the problem via email. It is very frustrating considering prices have gone up in 1 year by over $200 and the care team just seem not care/try to solve the issues. We have had an ongoing issue since April that is not resolved. Feature wise it is a shame that Hellosign haven't added (considering they have put their prices up so high) to amend documents that have been signed by 1 party and not the other.

Response from Dropbox

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Jenny. Our marketing team monitors all feedback we get on Capterra and works to pass it to our product team. I'll be sure to let them know your feedback about our support team and our response time. We're working to improve all the time and thank you again for taking the time.

• Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Revolutionized our sign off practices

HelloSign is absolutely instrumental for my team (business development). We execute a number of agreements on a daily/weekly basis, and HelloSign makes the process absolutely seamless. It is 100% worth the cost.

Pros

I entered the workforce 10 years ago. The company I worked at was a heavy deal and sign off company, and I was constantly running around the office with a manila folder and a pen to get signatures from everyone I needed. If I lost my document before getting the 10 signatures I needed, I would have to start all over from the bottom of the chain.

If HelloSign existed when I was an assistant, I would have gotten so many wasted hours back.

HelloSign is a product that I will not be able to work without from hereon out. I was introduced to it in my current position, at the very first moment that I had to sign on boarding paperwork. I fell in love almost instantly. HelloSign allows you to prepare one digital document for execution by as many people as needed. You can set the order that people sign, insert fields for them to type in pertinent information, and send out the document with a few clicks of a button. It is legally binding.

I can't write enough about how amazing HelloSign is. I have literally never had a negative experience with it. I wish I could use my business account for everything -- signing leases and personal documents would be a breeze with this thing.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about this software. I'm struggling to think of something that frustrates me -- ah. Here's one: sometimes, when you upload a contract and there's not enough height on the lines, it's difficult to create signing fields that don't overlap. But, to be fair, that's a problem that can be fixed with us.

Aspen
  • Industry: Events Services

Mostly love the product!

Really good. I have used docusign and Adobe and they both have features I like that hellosign doesn’t have but they aren’t amazing enough for the price.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. It’s simple to get documents signed.

Cons

I don’t like that there isn’t an address city and postal
Code spot to add in and have to use just plain text. I wish we could reupload a document if it needs changes without having to resend the entire thing in a new document.

Price

Price

Response from Dropbox

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Aspen. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about how our postal fields work and about our post-send editing capabilities to our product team. Thank you again!

Replied 29/06/2022
Todd
  • Industry: Law Practice

Good bet

Once you get the hang of it, it's good. It does what I need an e-signature service to do.

Pros

Similar in feel to the "big guys" in the industry, without the giant price tag.

Cons

Initially, it's not intuitive.
I don't like not being able to see who I sent the document to under the Documents tab, without extra steps, as we send similar named items to multiple contacts.
I don't like not being able to preview or print the signed document in a browser and having to download it to print (or at least, I cannot find said functionality if it exists.)

Pricing. Pricing. Pricing.

Functionality v. price

Response from Dropbox

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Todd. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about the UI to our product team. Thank you again!

Kay

A great experience overall

Pros

So easy to use and signatures are real looking which back in the day was great when working with banks who did not originally accept electronic signatures.

Cons

A lot of real estate websites use DocuSign and are already built so using HelloSign is not as convenient since it is not integrated with @properties platform

Response from Dropbox

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Kay. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about real estate integrations to our product team. Thank you again!

Replied 26/06/2022
Sylvie

Try Hello Signs

We are happy with Hello Signs we have been using Hello Signs for over 2 years.

Pros

We love using Hello Signs software, we use it to send contract to our clients, it's easy to use and the price is the best.

Cons

I frequently receive email from my clients that they do not have a copy of their signed contract.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Sign

We chose Hello signs because of the price.

Response from Dropbox

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Sylvie. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about document sharing to our product team. Thank you again!

Becky
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 10/07/2023

Five stars

I chose Dropbox Sign for my company because Dropbox is our file storage provider and it was easy to integrate with our existing business process.

Pros

Dropbox Sign is successful in getting my signed documents back to me safely. Legality is never in question and audit trail is added security. I embed Dropbox Sign into my company website for more convenience.

Cons

I'd change customer service if it were up to me. It's become hard to communicate with them as of late.

Krista
Krista
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

A must have for your toolkit of productivity tools and a top e-signing tool

I think that they've done an excellent job with making this tool something anyone can use and the interface very sleek.

Pros

I am a personal business user of this tool and have also been the IT project manager to implement this tool university-wide. It is extremely user friendly and it's a very versatile tool. It is also priced very reasonably for the features available and is a smart addition or any size of organization. You can e-sign your own personal documents or send it out to multiple users and designate the order of signing. It is compliant with the esign act (which note, not all tools in the marketplace are) so that makes a huge difference when needing that compliance for legal documents. You also get an attached signing trail to show the workflow activity. Simply upload a pdf or other word doc and place the signing or initials boxes where they need to be. You can change font size and also save your signature for future uses. You also have a document repository that saves your documents. Team accounts are very handy since multiple users can manage incoming files. You can also embed documents on websites for customers. Very smooth and I've never had any hiccups. Customer service is very responsive and they have a good support knowledgebase. Other things I appreciate is the ease of Google integration for sign-on and also signing docs right out of a Google doc.

Cons

I think that the document repository can use some more filtering or organizational tools so teams can manage incoming documents more effectively. Also for team delegation for a primary user can override or intercept documents if they've bottle-necked.

Hillary
  • Industry: Government Relations

Fantastic E-Sign COmpany

Pros

We enjoy all aspects of HelloSign. It's very easy for people to open and sign documents and love how easy it is to resend any documents that have not been signed.

Cons

I wish there was a way to make it so email addresses did not save in your account. No matter how many times I clear the data and choose to not save, it continues to try and autopopulate from emails we've sent documents to.

Pricing

Response from Dropbox

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Hillary. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about saving email addresses to our product team. Thank you again!