Vagaro Reviews

Visit Website

About Vagaro

A robust, intuitive salon, spa & fitness software to build your business. Get booked & paid 24/7. Manage appointments & packages while on any device. Get a logo, website, online store & branded app to look like the pro you are....

Browse Vagaro Reviews

3,387 of 3,387 reviews
Federico
Federico
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 01/03/2023

Great tool to Manage your Appointments and Scheduling

The Vagaro solution has really exceed our expectations, we needed a solution to schedule, update and follow up our consultants appointments and this tools has become a part of our day to day operations.

Pros

Excellent tool to book appointments online, very easy to use and implement. Saved us a lot of money increasing the efficiency from our consultants performance. Our [sensitive content hidden]receive confirmations and reminders, really supporting our business.

Cons

The main issue is the price, I believe it could be a little lower, they charge per user. A free version would be awesome!

Booker

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

We changed from having our schedules in Microsoft Outlook because we needed a specialized tool that help us become more time efficient.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

While doing the cost-benefit analysis Vagaro otained the highest value.
Julie
Julie

Reviewed on 27/07/2023

Excellent time management tool for startups and SMEs

Through the years, I've tried a number of other online scheduling tools, but Vagaro is far and away the finest option for companies of any size. Vagaro has considered every detail, including cost, usability, online tutorial videos, quality customer service, and a plethora of customizable features like gift card and credit card integration, as well as email and marketing tools.

Pros

Excellent service is a major selling point for me. Their instant messaging service is quick and simple to use. The program is constantly updated, making it seem better and better while improving its functionality.

Cons

I'm not sure I have many complaints because they seem to listen to their consumers and address any issues that arise. The biggest challenge has been teaching customers how to properly pronounce the name.

Hestin

Reviewed on 15/05/2024

Unreliable Software with Limited Support

I was so excited to use this program, but the lack of customer support and the basic functionality of their features make this a subpar product. Considering Mangomint and Fresha.

Pros

Initially, I thought this was going to be our all in one software. I looked at about 15 alternates and decided to choose Vagaro, despite it being a bit slower to operate than others, a clunky UI, and some missing features. Overall, I thought it had what I needed.

Cons

Where do I start..? I’m going to cover their main issue. The application is extremely unreliable and I cannot trust this application at all. I am very good with technology and report analysis. I have pulled various reports out of Vagaro that reflect completely inaccurate information, including their payroll reports. The gross pay amounts change each time you refresh the page - not kidding. My commissioned employees clock in and out and their hours are not reflected on the payroll report, causing state taxes to be underpaid and putting my business at risk. Don’t bother reaching out to customer support because they will shrug it off as a non-issue and claim you are operating things incorrectly. They’ll tell you that a feature request will be submitted on your behalf. Falls on deaf ears. Unreal. UI - The application frequently freezes up, screens lock you into a window, forcing you to refresh the page, losing all information contained. Setup - limited capabilities here so this will work fine if you are a basic salon. If you have any intricacies at all, don’t bother.

Mangomint and Fresha

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

All in one - I thought. Cost was competitive as well.

Response from Vagaro

Thank you for your candid feedback. Our team is actively working with you to resolve these issues. We take your concerns about the payroll reports, employee hours, and overall reliability seriously and are committed to finding a solution. We understand the impact this has on your business and are dedicated to addressing and resolving these problems.

If you have any additional questions, please reach out to us. We're here to support you and ensure your business operations run smoothly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We value your feedback and are committed to making this matter right.

Replied 16/05/2024

Top Vagaro Alternatives

Keyone
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 18/03/2024

Oh how I love Vagaro!!

A few words : EXCELLENT, STREAMLINED SERVICE AND MAKES MY DAY FLOW

Pros

I love how streamlined it has become in my work/life balance. It's almost like my boss dictating when I can or cannot have the day off. It just helps in many ways with me mapping out my day and as a big plus I can link it with my Apple Watch.

Cons

Honestly I'll need a while to think about if I had any complaints in the past but for now I'm just gonna enjoy my experience.

Amber
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 07/06/2024

Nice but expensive

Pros

Set up was very nice and it was easy to navigate

Cons

To expensive for a very small salon so I went with a different platform

Response from Vagaro

Thank you for your feedback about our software! We're sorry to see you go, but if you ever decide to reconsider Vagaro in the future, we'd be happy to review your billing and customize our services to fit your needs. The great thing about Vagaro is its à la carte system, which allows us to grow and adapt alongside your business.

Replied 12/06/2024
Sara
  • Industry: Veterinary
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

Easy Scheduling Software

Pros

User-friendly interface, appropriate amount of reminders for my appointments.

Cons

No major issues for me with Vagaro. Easily able to schedule my hair appointments for years using this software.

Marnie
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 02/05/2024

Simple and ease of use

Pros

The simplicity of the app. I am able to easily cross check schedules with appointments using Vagaro

Cons

It can take quite a bit to load and sometimes can be glitchy.

Ricardo
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 30/04/2024

Great way to book a relaxing mental health day with trusted companies

Pros

I liked finding local places to get spa treatments or massages. It showed me reputable businesses and I saw a lot of good photos to know what to expect.

Cons

I saw some nice spas in my city that are not on Vagaro. Not all places seem to be listed.

Alexandra
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 10/05/2024

Easy to use! (and edit)

Great both on computer and mobile device. Super easy to use!

Pros

Love when the places I need to schedule an appointment at use Vagaro. It's super easy to pick a date and time and see the available appointments. I am able to sync it with my calendar for an extra reminder, get schedule updates, and easily edit or cancel appointments I've made.

Cons

I really don't dislike anything about this app!

• Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 30/04/2024

Scheduling made easy

Pros

I like that I am able to keep track of all my service providers and that I am able to schedule and or change appointments when needed and its so easy.

Cons

I dislike the function of when trying to schedule and if you hit back it sends you to the very beginning rather then back to where you were at.

Mohammad

Reviewed on 03/03/2023

Vagaro is the market place for the services you look for.

One of the great market places I have seen and dealt with. The support is really great when you have a complain.

Pros

Lots of services are available in one place, the options are great, cost is very low, you get lots of discounts, interfaces are great.

Cons

You might experience slowness in Vagaro at times and this is not due to internet. it could be because of the servers but this is rate to happen.

TrueCoach and Weave

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Vagaro membership cost is much better, the support is better and it has more services.

WellnessLiving

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Both systems did not have the requirements, not easy to learn how to go around, calendars do not sync. easily.
Hanin
Hanin

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

STAY AWAY FROM Vagaro & PAYDESK!

We’ve purchased the PAYDESK thinking it’s as legit as they made it sound on their website, We ended up with an everyday of non-ending frozen system, unable to accept clients appointment, unable to check out clients, we have to restart the system almost every time we need to check out client, or try to book a client. Unable to see client signature of the guest side, unable to have them complete forms on the guest side of the Pay Desk. We’ve been in contact with Support since the first couple days we have received the PayDesk. They have been procrastinating the process of solving the issues, scheduled multiple remote sessions to try to resolve the issues, which was a total fail! They requested videos of all the issues they couldn’t solve during the remote session they set up , and we provided, YET its been over 6 weeks of going back and forth of non-ending emails! They’ve solved absolutely NOTHING!! Everyone on the software team blames the hardware team, and here we are with a piece of crap device. They Won’t refund a device that was purchased in JULY 2022, and they have evidence of all the support tickets they’ve been receiving for the past 5 months which is since we have received. I have called and talked to many people who stated each time that would be the last time before they escalate it to the development team, and they’ll take an action! NOTHING was done.

Pros

Absolutely NOTHING! They take forever to answer a phone call if you contact support! Which will be very often once you start using their system! They’ve always had issues solving the issues you calling in regards! The worst nightmare I made a decision to use Vagaro in my business

Cons

TERRIBLE customer service, Unreliable devices, unreliable software, reckless team who does not care how frustrated you or you clients are with their system! Undelivered Services, and they've always had issues when trying to solve " the issues" you contact them in regard . They only charge money for everything you sign up for, but support for their terrible device can take up to 6 months with out any solving to the issues.

Acuity Scheduling and ZENOTI

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

digital forms, cheaper processing fees then! square now offer even better EMR and lower competitive processing fees for Medical Spa

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Because they're cheaper! however they're only cheap in customer service and quality! they're no longer cheaper than any other company.
Kyesolyn

Reviewed on 12/01/2020

My Search For Software Is Finally Over

Using Vagaro I've found that it puts me at ease and I no longer stress about confirmations, keeping up with clients schedule for services, I am able to get deposits, clients can book themselves according to the availability that have, I can offer specials/discounts and know that they are not only sent to clients but announced on the site. Using Vagaro has definitely help making marketing much easier.

Pros

The Vagaro Software is very easy to use and has a video tutorial option for anything you aren't sure about as well as customer service persons on hand. After reviewing and researching multiple programs I decided to give Vagaro a try because they have excellent reviews, extensive options for all areas of business that allows for growth, reports to follow sales patterns, customization for services and sales, free software for credit card charges when you sign up for services and so much more. Best of all, it won't break the bank and they continuously offer suggestions on how to increase sales and bring in more clients.

Cons

There aren't really any cons that I haven't been able to get help with via tutorial videos. If anything, there are so many options that I haven't learned everything the system can do after nearly 6 months. I feel like the system lags sometimes, but I cannot say for sure if it's the system or my connections.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Easier and more creative marketing options, expansion options, better value

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Ease of scheduling, rescheduling, canceling without having to contact us, ability to customize the system for my business, flexibility in booking, adding and removing services, ease of payment processing and collection of deposit for services.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Kyesolyn, thank you so much for your kind feedback. We greatly appreciate it and are so happy to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

Replied 11/02/2020
Christine

Reviewed on 25/04/2020

Made my aesthetic career easy and increased revenue

Excellent! I can be anywhere there is wifi if a client wants to change their appt or has questions about booking or cancelling their appt. This site has saved me so much time, paper with online receipts, and is so efficient with the automatic appt confirmation. It has helped me be very efficient with organizing time, appts and has helped to increase revenues.Very up to date and easy to use from my iPhone or laptop!

Pros

for the client: accessible through an app, sign up with facebook as well, automatic emails and or texts to confirm appts, client may cancel appt, online forms easy to fill out
for myself: accessible through the app, very easy to schedule and reschedule and cancel appts, a complete custom menu with limitless editing, email and text marketing, inventory easy to do using smartphone and barcodes, check out very efficient online, always choices, no need for a receptionist and very few telephone calls. Automatic confirmation of appts go to the client's email or text for them to add to their calendar

Cons

In Canada clients can't purchase on the website, although I do use Anycard online e-giftcards with the Stripe availability and clients can etransfer me directly or phone in their credit card for an online gift certificate.
Must purchase an extra website feature if wanting more space for pictures, etc, so I end up posting on Instagram with examples, before and after.
No feature to post videos, but I understand the site is looking in to this feature

Wix , Insight and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

>Wix: is limited with the menu and didn't fit my spa menu and booking needs at all >Insight: I am familiar with but thought it was too expensive and did not like the booking method, as I have used it at a salon previously >Mindbody: I did purchase 2013 and used for a year when I had a large spa and staff. It was very expensive at the time and I had to buy all of their equipment for the program to work. Best suited for a large spa with many employees, as for myself as the sole service provider, I don't need a program for employee or contractor commission.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Christine, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Replied 01/05/2020
Kelly
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 16/05/2020

Vagaro Helped control by business

this program has made my business run so smoothly, with out having to reinvent the wheel. I love that no matter what the future hold, I can add on as i grow, or as my needs change, and its SO affordable.

Pros

I finally have the ease of doing that I am best at. I have NEVER liked the "paperwork" of my business, and Vagaro has allowed to excel at being a business owner but with out spending the insane amount of time I was use to using to keep my business running. I love that its like having my own personal assistant!!

Cons

there are so many features, that sometimes i have a hard time locating a setting change, or a feature I need to use, without help. I do love that I can ask them.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

I needed something that was more comprehensive and addressed all my business needs, and vagaro does just that.

Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

I chose Vagaro because i could get all the features I wanted and the cost was minimal. I also wanted to have 24/7 support.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Kelly, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Replied 09/06/2020
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 31/07/2020

vagaro

Everything has always been great since i have been using this app.
I have tried others and this is the BEST in my opinion!

Pros

I love how easy this app is..
My clients LOVE the reminders and I LOVE I don't have to send them!
Through COVID this company has been amazing!!!

Cons

I love everything
I haven't had any issues at all..

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

The salon I was in switched to this and we all went in on it and i have been happy with it.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

very easy to use. The price is great ..and the appointment reminders are awesome

Response from Vagaro

Hi Jennifer, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Replied 13/08/2020
Mary

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

Features & functionality

Pros

Vagaro keeps all of my client information, services, products, reports and finances very well organized. I've used this software for over 5 years now and my favorite thing is, it's forever changing (for the better of course). I honestly have no complaints with the way it runs, however, if I'd like to see a change all I have to do is make a request and they take it under consideration. Obviously not every suggestion can be accommodated; but for the most part it just keeps getting better and better for a very reasonable price.

Cons

I wish when a customer decides they want to opt-out from receiving email marketing from one salon it wouldn't affect another. When a different business uses vagaro but the client has been to someone else and chose not receive email marketing they don't receive mine.

Booker

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Convenience at first. Where I was renting it was already being used. Now I own my own spa and don't share with anyone but continue to use it because I'm extremely satisfied with customer service and fuctionality.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Mary, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

Replied 02/11/2020
Amy

Reviewed on 27/12/2020

Best value for features, support level & price

I researched/test run softwares for 2 years, after working in the industry and already using several different ones including for other industries. Vagaro hands down offers the best product for the money with additional features than most that allow for things like customizable memberships and rewards programs. Their service email/call system could be much better organized to be efficient & effective. If they allowed for the reps to manage a portfolio of clients with direct email/phone for questions instead of the constant "zone defense" approach it would fit the company goals and values much better. The customer service reps, however, are generally pretty awesome and committed to resolving the issues. Everyone's time would better spent in a focussed system opposed to the chaotic approach they currently have.

Pros

Best feature offerings which can be customized fairly easily. Excellent price for the value. Live customer support is essential, while this could be better in how it is set up Vagaro staff care about doing good, thorough work to be helpful. That is like gold as a business owner when trying to trouble shoot so this is their strongest asset in my mind.

Cons

The platforms, and even features, are inconsistent on how things are seen & done. For instance, creating a gift certificate through "reports" with a discount shows up on your quarterly reports differently than if you create a gift certificate through the "check out" screen and do the same discount there. Also, the application is different than the desktop in so many little ways that make a big collective difference. --I would love it if they cleaned up their current features to be streamlined. Having beta testers who are business people that actually use their software would reveal SO many little things that make a big difference to my daily "clean ups" for all the goofiness that they don't seem to realize exists in their software. I have suggested this idea at least 10 times to reps.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

MB is okay but the software limitations made all kinds of important things confusing like financial reports. For years I gave them thoughtful feedback but there was never an investment in the software improving in the slightest way. Vagaro is the opposite of this, constantly implementing customer feedback.

MassageBook

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

I used Square Appointments between Massagebook and Vagaro. I still use Square for my email marketing as I like it much more than Vagaro's. Square is wonderful with fantastic service as well. They are just limited and do not offer the HIPPA compliance, intake forms, memberships, rewards program that Vagaro does.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Amy, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think.

Replied 31/12/2020
Yeefah
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 22/01/2021

Best CMS for Single Chair salons

Pros

It's easy to use. The basic service is enough to operate a business. To give your business a boost, add on services are offered at a reasonable price. The customer service is outstanding and readily available 14 hours a day M-S.

Cons

Some of the add ons I might have appreciated in the base price like some of the other systems do. You can't open days up in the schedule if they are not your regular days without opening them up to infinity. For instance, if I work only Tuesdays and I want to work 1 Monday a month. I cant just open that one Monday, I have to open all Mondays in the system or manually blockout the Mondays I don't want to work.

Booksy

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

I had a lot of problems using this CMS software. The cost of the service was high and the problems many. It didn't make sense to keep paying that much for problems. It did not feel like it was designed well for spas, salons or barbershops. There were a lot of things vital to my needs that I could not do

Thryv

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

The customer service was not as available as Vagaro. There were some services that booksy did not offer that Vagaro did.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Yeefah, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Replied 28/01/2021
Michele
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 03/05/2021

Vagaro at Take Two Salon

What I appreciate most is the great customer service. I also appreciate that the "request for a feature" is actively monitored and new features are constantly rolled out. I appreciate that we are able to speak to the same support reps consistantly vs calling a call center where you can get different reps on each call and often need to explain your issue from the beginning. And they are super friendly.

Pros

Vagaro iseasy to use, easy to train, and offers fair pricing.

Cons

If a client has a Vagaro profile but is new to my salon I have no choice but to accept their existing profile because you can not use the same email for a new profile. That should be an option as some clients may need a new profile for these services vs other service they obtain elsewhere

Rosy

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

At the time, Phorest has some things to work out being that their were difference between UK and US based salons. Also their pricing was much higher.

Phorest

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Ease of use. We are a new salon, first time salon owner. This was our transition from an appoint book with manual entries. The training and support Vagaro provides is great.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Michele, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you are enjoying the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Replied 04/05/2021
Jason
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 23/10/2021

Best Value For Real

Pros

Auto drafting, session tracking, point of sale of services and products ease of use and modification of sale and scheduling formats.

Cons

Honestly the only thing is waiting for deposits. 24 turn around would be great vs waiting for specific business days. This hasn't been an issue at all just a preference

WellnessLiving

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

overpriced because of reputation only. I used them for year when all of a sudden they got rid of all their starter programs for less then 125 plus they didnt offer to grandfather prior customer that had been loyal for years before they nearly doubled their prices.

Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Customer service, development of POS took what felt like forever while being billed for a system that wasn't completely available for use.
Mike
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 05/11/2022

Great Scheduling System for both provider and clients

I have been using Vagaro for about a decade now. I would say that if your looking for a scheduling system and the ability to have your clients book online and also receive reminders than Vagaro is perfect for you.

Pros

I like that fact that clients can schedule anytime. I also like the fact that on my voice mail I inform new and existing clients of the website. This is very helpful because I can't always answer the phone. This gives the clients more option and the ability to look at my schedule and make an appointment that meets the clients needs.

Cons

It was difficult using the Merchant Services to take payments. The price was in line with some of the other providers such as Square. Before taking payments from clients, I wanted to make sure it work. I used my debit card to charge $1.00. After I did that and started taking payments they froze my account, noting that I violated the Merchant Service agreement. It took several months to get this resolved. I had to find out which company Vagaro was using to process Merchant Services. I had to call so many times as well as write and mail out demand letters to get my founds. I found that it was less expensive going with one of the major processors such as First Data and Fiserv Merchant Services. I also was not impressed with Vagaro's customer service. I had issues with their Merchant Services as well as some other customer services issues. As I have been using Vagaro for the past decade I would have hoped that their customer service would be much better. Don't expect much from the customer service team or the management.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Schedulicity was not providing what Vagaro was offering.

Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Vagaro had the best system.
elyssa
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 22/06/2023

The Best Ive Ever Used!

Pros

Vagaro is so user friendly for us in the salon and for our clientele. Everyone loves the simplicity of online booking and the reminders

Cons

It was a little confusing t first when I began putting my retail products in the system. I was able to figure it out pretty quickly but it was a struggle to start.

Meevo

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Glossgenius made it difficult to put a card on file unless booking online and square started charging an unreasonable amount for features that had been free for such a long time on top of raising their credit card fees all at the same time

The features and price
Cassandra

Reviewed on 30/03/2019

Vagaro has been in business 9 years?!

Even though Vagaro is an improvement in a lot of ways compared to what we had, I wouldn't recommend it to another salt therapy spa. You say you are a salon and spa software. We operate a lot like a massage spa does, but your software does not function well for our needs.

Please make the following changes:
Allow for relationships between members
Allow for a membership to be shared with others, where on person pays for it
Allow employees who use the Vagaro system to also use the same email to be a client somewhere else.
Allow recurring scheduling for classes to be unlimited
Allow the business owner/manager to make the decision of what Vagaro permissions they give to their
employees
Make merging profiles easy
Keep duplicate profiles from happening for no reason

Pros

I own a salt therapy spa. The color coded calendar is really nice. It is easy to book clients into classes and appointments. Checking clients out is not perfect, but ok most of the time).

I will put the rest of my complaints here, since it limits characters in the Cons. Clients cannot use the same email if they have used another Vagaro merchant. Families also can't use the same email on different profiles.

We have a client who has been with us for over a year. She recently went to work for a massage therapist who uses Vagaro. Now, we are locked out of her account and cannot even change to a different email she gave us. The answer from Vagaro was to have her use our work computer to sign into her employee Vagaro account and make changes on our system. When I told tech support that is unprofessional and ridiculous to have my clients making changes to their account on our system, I was told that's not unprofessional at all. Uhm! Yes it is. I asked to speak to a Vagaro manager, was told they don't work on the weekends and that I couldn't leave a message to get a call back. I was told I would be responsible for calling back myself.
I am also not happy that I cannot give permissions to my employees that I need them to have. I need them to be able to upload excel sheets for certain things. That is only a manager permission. What's going to happen when I open other locations? I pay employees to get things off my plate so I can run my business.

Cons

I don't think this system is good for a business with several employees.

I do not like that we can not make family relationships. We sell family memberships and need for one person (usually the parent) to sign everyone out under the one membership. However, the way it is set up, we check the parent out and the have to comp the kids. That makes it look like we do a lot of comping of sessions. It makes me wonder how a fitness facility using Vagaro does their family memberships?

Scheduling a client for a recurring class is also not very friendly. You can only schedule them for 20 classes and no more. I have clients that come 3 times a week faithfully. There is no way for a reminder to add them back in. However, you can book recurring appointments forever. It should be consistent for classes as well.

We have had trouble with client profiles duplicating themselves. We can't figure out why that happens. Then, merging the clients is a problem. Half the time we try to do that, it doesn't let us, because it says they are the same person.....very confusing and difficult to deal with.

I'm not totally happen with the merchant processing. On more than one occasion, we've had clients try to pay for services or retail with a gift card they got. When we try to use it, it won't process. The answer that we got from Vagaro is that about 50% of the time, the merchant bank doesn't allow certain gift cards to be used. As a small business owner, that is very embarrassing.

Kyle

Reviewed on 12/01/2018

TERRIBLE customer service and point of sale!

Pros

Online booking was a nice perk, although if a client didn't know how to book the first time(new online website) they would add themselves again so deleting a profile found to be quite an ordeal.

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE customer service. I've been a user for the past 2 months and can't wait to find a new software company. It started great, so much easier that square appointments, online booking, the works! Wow... no. The booking service works okay, when it wants to open. I have better luck on my phone but being that I have an iPhone X I don't have a headphone jack so to swipe a card I use my iPad. It never works the first, or usually the second time so I have to pull out he reader and plug it back in. Any issues or questions I have leads to me having to wait on hold for customer service for 20+ minutes or waiting for an email response. There are a ton of hidden fees every month that we're never discussed(of course in the fine print but never but an agent) for card processing and I am beyond disgusted at how they are handeling a gift card order I purchased for my new, small business. I paid for perfect gift cards that were designed incorrectly because of me, but because I was told the wrong information by their team during the beginning stages of the ordering process. They are beyond condescending and unwilling to work with me in this issue and even went to the length the add up what both orders plus shipping would cost me if I decide to fix my issue

Cons

I was willing to get past the slower, unreliable point of sale and I can't start to explain how much time and effort went into setting this up and transitioning from another booker is so I'm so discusted to have to do it again due to in my opinion an easy fix by the company. I still can't believe how this matter was handled and how I was spoken to over a small order of gift cards.

Response from Vagaro

You didn't report issues accessing any of the account functions. If you had we would have advised on how to correct any connectivity issues. The mobile CC reader which operates with the Vagaro Pro app does use a headphone jack which works with the iPhone X adapter; we have no issues w/ compatibility/connection reliability. The report of a 20-minute hold time is inaccurate. Even including high call volumes, our average time to answer is 2 mins. We are also hiring more staff as we would rather it be even less time. Rates & fees were disclosed on the merchant services signup page & you had a screen to review the application before signing, disclosing everything. You called 1x regarding merchant services and had all of your questions answered accurately. The call record was reviewed.
Gift card order: design, proofing, and approval process completed. You never told the graphics team you wanted a foil inlay on gift cards and you approved the proof. Mgmt professionally told you all of this.

Replied 22/01/2018