About Sage Intacct

Sage Intacct is a provider of cloud-based financial management and accounting software. Sage Intacct's software solution is suitable for small to midsize accounting firms and can provide financial reporting and operational...

Browse Sage Intacct Reviews

Adarsh S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 09/11/2016

Review of Intacct

Customizable process flowcharts. Simple chart of accounts structure and extensibility. The report wizard tool is simply unmatched. One of the most reliable software.

Pros

Extremely flexible.
Their implementation and support team is amazing.

Cons

It requires collaboration with a partner.

Peter A.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 09/06/2017

I was a front end user for intacct and had no issues with it. It did exactly what it was...

Pros

Our admin made it easy for us to track our consulting hours and time spent per project. We knew our worth in real time.

Melanie B.

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

The best accounting software for the price!

Pros

I had been scrambling to try to find an accounting software that was both functional for myself but also easy to understand for the rest of the office. For the price, I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised by its user interface and features. It was JUST the right amount of product for our small business.

Cons

I hope in future versions of this product we can pack in a few more features that makes it easier to send financial reports. I usually just take a screenshot then email it.

Cassim J.

Reviewed on 28/07/2017

Love It!

Pros

This software is straightforward and user-friendly! I really like the option to customize so many features and invoice templates, statements, email templates...

Cons

I found that implementation can be slow at times, which is very frustrating at times. Overall it does its job.

Alexander R.

Reviewed on 17/03/2018

I'm an accountant and some of my clients use this software.

Great quantity of charts, dashboards and reports, good precision.

Pros

It integrates with the Sage Software, it has a great quantity of reports and dashboards. The revenue report is well presented and exactly gives you what you ask and need.

Cons

Is not so easy to use and this leads to a lose time, and it could be a little bit faster. The customer support is not the best.

Kelly M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Effective software

Pros

Easy to keep track of inventory.
Tracking all movements of stock
Can manage multiple locations/ bins.

Cons

Ease of use would be helpful with more flagging when data is not entered in fields.
More help menu to troubleshoot.

Roger B.

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

Best decision we made, should have done this sooner.

Pros

I like that it has many great features that solved prior business problems that our previous software could not handle. I also like that the software is continually updated.

Cons

Sometimes there are menus that are not as intuitive to navigate through, but overall it is easy to use.

James R.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017

Intacct has made my job much easier. Our company used to use Quickbooks and we will never go back. Intacct is updated in real time, and multiple users can access the same information at once. Intacct allows fully custom financial reports suited for your business.

Pros

Ease of use, custom reports.

Cons

It is easy to forget to tag dimensions.

Amy G.

Reviewed on 03/11/2016

Very Flexible and Easy to Use

We have really enjoyed our switch to Intacct. There are so many options to help meet our business needs and it is easy to use. We've also really enjoyed customizing reports.

Pros

Flexibility, Ease of Use

Jason C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

Overall a great accounting software for organizations!

Overall, Sage Intacct makes collaborative accounting easier and I would recommend to staffs with multiple budgets to manage.

Pros

Intacct allows collaborative accounting solutions for larger staffs with easy expense reimbursements, balancing accounts and managing budgets. Digitally tracking and storing receipts makes day to day budgets for accounts payable and receivable more collaborative.

Cons

The software is a bit dated in its interface and has a decent learning curve.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hi Jason -

Thanks so much for your review! Great to hear that you're able to collaborate with your team by leveraging Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] if there is anything I can do to help!

Thanks,
Sameera

Replied 19/02/2019
Julie R.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 01/05/2018

We were able not to run parallel and were able to cut right over. The migration was easy.

Quick closing, better access to information, Flexible reporting.

Pros

The software can bridge fiscal years; it is intuitive, frequent updates; very flexible; it has dramatically cut our closing time. Ease of the reporting.

Cons

The way to get help when you have problems. We are still getting used to the Community to get answers to some of our questions.

• Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Powerful analytics and automation

Pros

Intacct has been a powerful tool in automating our financial information and in providing our project managers the tools the financial information they need to do their job

Cons

This is not a cheap product and customer service is managed by your Intacct consultant - this is a new product so be sure the consultant you have has experience.

Lisa S.
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Not what I was expecting!

Pros

I can only say that I liked that this connected to Salesforce.

Cons

The reporting done by this software was my least liked thing.

• Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

Top 'mid-range' accounting platform

It has allowed us to give senior management real-time access to financial results and metrics

Pros

It is very feature rich and is a big step up from the functionality that we had. Particularly like the dashboard capabilities. It has a lot of 'tier 1' ERP functionality at a more reasonable price.

Cons

It takes a bit of time to get familiar with the reporting and dashboarding capabilities but overall it is a really good product.

Stephanie M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

Overall, implementation was good and basic functionality is excellent.

Dashboards for other program managers to be able to see their data.

Pros

Ease of use, I am able to perform all the necessary tasks to receive payments, make payments and enter journal entries.

Cons

I can't download a GL report into Excel which includes the account number and description in the body of the table.
There are no local user groups to which I can belong and gain knowledge of the tips and tricks and other functionality.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 23/08/2018

Big upgrade from previous software

Pros

This cloud-based software is a big upgrade from my previous software which was Microsoft Dynamics GP. GP was extremely dated and was limited in functionality.

Cons

One pain is not being able to get back to the top level once you go to a subsidiary and close the top level, you have to log back in.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Omikka C.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 30/01/2020

Fixed Assets Tracking

Overall, I would absolutely recommend the software.

Pros

I use this software daily to maintain and track Fixed Assets for my company. It's very easy to use and effective in the accounting piece of Fixed Assets maintenance.

Cons

It's user friendly to a fault. It's very easy to make costly mistakes because of a lack of fail-safes.

David T.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 14/09/2017

Great product for mid-size business

Pros

Downloads to Excel work very well. The interface is intuitive and most functions are just a click or two away. They will work with you to get basic financial statements set up from the get-go.

Cons

Personally I prefer debits to always be positive numbers and credits negative, but in some cases this does not hold true in Intacct. For example, accumulated depreciation (a contra-asset) shows up as a positive number. Intacct is constantly improving their product, so I think they will work this out, but in some respects I feel that it is still a work in progress.

Mandy E.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 04/09/2018

Looking for a Financial Softare to replace QB?

Overall, we have had a good experience. However, we have an implementation team that is working with us to make sure that our input from QB is seamless.

Pros

I love this cloud-based system where approving and reporting features are accessed from any mobile device. We are just implementing this system - replacing quickbooks - and it is streamlining our business.

Cons

This is a true accounting system that truly automates financial procedures. However, it might confuse the non-accounting folks in your office. Some processes can be more cumbersome than an automated QB system (for example: credit card and ACH processing).

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello Mandy,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are able to streamline processes and access information remotely. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Brandy J.

Reviewed on 05/05/2018

I have been sold on Intacct for 7 years could not ask for better.

Pros

The system is User Intuitive, training new hires on the system is a 30 minute walk through, then onto process training. Speeds up everything, have as much or as little control setup. Flex to add custom anything to make the system work for you without damaging upgrade comparability. I truly love Intacct.

Cons

The only cons I can think of is little things like not being able to unapply a CM like you can a payment. It would be great to have the ability to create product types and your price book at the same time.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello Brandy,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use and that you're being able to save time. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Replied 30/11/2018
Yonatan T.

Reviewed on 01/08/2021

"Incredible Bookkeeping Framework, yet for certain limits"

We are certainly saving time with Intacct. It is such a lot of smoother and speedier to utilize. The web based programming is so natural to utilize contrasted with a program.

Pros

I like how clients can't compel things to function like in QuickBooks. In the event that the rec doesn't adjust, they need to sort it out. Likewise, there's additional revealing measurements and an unbending diagram of records so the clients can't make their own records.

Cons

The announcing needs a ton of work. There are such countless measurements that exist in this product that you can't run a report on. There likewise is by all accounts a decent lot of glitches and mistakes.

Jodie M.

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

The experience has been great. Very flexible and customizable software.

Pros

The flexibility of the software has to be its greatest strength. Reports, workflows, field names, etc are just a few of the customizable items in Intacct. But Platform Services allows for the development of entire applications within Intacct to support your business processes down to the most granular detail.

Cons

The reporting, platform services, and general ledger modules (the modules that our company use the most) don't seem to get very much attention in the past few years in terms of further development in the quarterly update to the software. They are very useful as they currently exist but have some long-standing limitations that don't seem to be on anyone's radar.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello Jodie,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that are taking Advantage of Sage Intacct's flexibility. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Amanda G.

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Best Saas Accounting solution

Sage Intacct is a great company to work with. Their software solution is great and easy to use. If your looking to change from an outdated solution, this should make the transition easier.

Pros

The software is great. It is super easy to use and almost impossible to break. It can be used for more than your monthly accounting. We use it to track our valuation process. It is easy to track everything in the software and perform your monthly accounting tasks. You can track t&e, ap, ar, fixed assets, and do your cash management in this solution. There are many other features that make it a best in class solution

Cons

The software itself is great. There are certain things we would like to be able to track in the software, like irr, but we also don't expect one software to do anything. There may sometimes be a lag in support getting back to you when you have issues, but nothing that is too extreme

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello Amanda,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use when you are tracking t&e, ap, ar, fixed assets, and cash management. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Replied 26/11/2018

Reviewed on 26/12/2020

Gets the job done

Overall experience is pretty neutral- it does what it needs to do for our finance team. There can be a lot of headaches when changing or deactivating items.

Pros

The integration with Salesforce is the main reason we have this product- it integrates better than other softwares we saw with opportunities and contracts

Cons

We get a lot of errors within Intacct and Salesforce integration, I am not sure if our setup is just complex but we always seem to be fixing something.

Leslie M.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Simple + Quick for Broad Institutional Use

The reconciliation of expenses, invoices, and credit card payments has been simplified and improved with this product. I appreciate it's functionality and ease of use - the learning curve is simple!

Pros

Submitting purchase orders for approval, tracking expenses and verifying payment of invoices are all very easy and useful tools. It's quick to review past sponsorship levels that are repeated annually and reconcile credit card statements. There is space to add notation for detail, to make sure the accounting department and the individual submitting POs are on the same track, and attaching invoices to a PO request makes the process seamless.

Cons

I haven't found issues with the software in my usage of it. All of the features that we use regularly perform as expected. It's a great tool!