Motivosity Reviews

About Motivosity

Motivosity is a software for employee recognition that helps connect and unify your company. From peer to peer recognition to top down, we make recognizing and rewarding your employees easier than ever. We go beyond rewards too...

4.7
4.7

Browse Motivosity Reviews

1,053 of 1,053 reviews
Scott
Scott
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

A tool that continues to be useful

Despite the one annoyance I mentioned above, I heartily recommend using Motivosity. It makes it easy to express gratitude, and offers one more meaningful way to interact with my co-workers.

Pros

Motivosity allows the people in my department to give and receive thanks/recognition for individual and group contributions.

It's a versatile tool. I like how my organization has been able to tweak the user interface so that we can offer kudos according to our six company values (Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence). I like the Badges capability, although we don't use it as much as we could. The Interests and Personality widgets add a even more usefulness.

I also appreciate the option to send the recognition in a public or private message.

Cons

I hate popups with the passion of a thousand fiery suns. So when I sign in and a popup invades a big chunk in the center of my screen, asking about whether I've received recognition for my work in the past few days, it's not a positive thing. I'm not against filling out a brief survey for that purpose, but that delivery method irks me. It's probably something that can be adjusted by the person(s) in my department who manage the user interface.

Lisa
  • Industry: Automotive

A great engagement tool!

Overall, it has been a very positive experience. Ease of setup and use. The API took a bit to get set up with ADP but once that was done it worked perfectly. I don't have to manually upload a file very day.

Pros

I love how our teams can give a shout out to one of their team members, their managers, another store or anyone who has set up their Motivosity account!
It has really engaged our teams for the better. We even post when a person or team get a shout out from a customer. I know they like seeing their names on those posts!

Cons

Not that we didn't like it we just didn't use the manager development. We decided to use a different tool.
We decided also not to renew Employee Insights and the main reason is ADP has rolled out their survey, pulse tool. They are working on making so we can text the surveys out to our teams.
Billing was an issue as you have to pay for a whole year in advance. No option for monthly billing.

Rui
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

To be better

My experience with Motivosity it's all about giving recognition to other people doing well in the company and I think it's great cause inspire people to do better

Pros

I think recognize people for the wonderful work they do it's amazing and also getting paid is also great

Cons

For me I think it's because you noT aloud to upload pictures. I think you should aloud to upload pictures cause looks more fun, at the moment just looks a bit empty

Top Motivosity Alternatives

Jackelyn

Reviewed on 04/03/2024

Great way to highlight employees!

Employees love it and it has impact culture in a good way.

Pros

Its easy to use and it integrates with our HR software.

Cons

I wish it had more options for rewards like an amazon link.

Awardco

Reasons for Switching to Motivosity

The cost was lower and how easy is was to use. The VISA card was a big game changer when the point and be used as a debt card.
Ana-Maria
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great engagement tool

Pros

It was easy to use, fun and positive. When used properly it drove employee engagement

Cons

There were quite of few of bugs and many instances of employees being locked out. It was not easy to set up for the front line employee.
Also was not long term sustainable as most employees only cared about the monetary rewards.

Ashley
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 09/05/2024

The software that keeps giving!

Overall, we could not ask for a better experience. The interactions with anyone at Motivosity is extremely welcoming, our rep makes us feel as though we are his only client and always looks to connect to us a individual people, not just a company or client.

Pros

Motivosity is a platform that our staff uses daily. We have embedded many features such as employee recognition, employee engagement, mid & annual reviews, monthly coaching sessions, and birthday/anniversary celebrations. We love that we can house many items into a single site.

Cons

At this time, there is not any thing that we like least about the platform.

Kelsey
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 14/05/2024

Motivosity has been a great recognition tool!

Pros

It is a super easy way to recognize people within the organization. It allows for recognition from peers which is awesome. Everyone loves to get money so we have had great success with it!

Cons

I wish there was more ways to make it a little more customizable to my organization. For example, able to add in more forms that fit what I am needing or more boxes that ask specific questions I am needing when goals are being set or managers are conducting reviews.

Melissa

Motivosity for employees

Our employees use the peer-to-peer and the manager-to-peer recognition daily to call out the great things their teams are doing. We also use it for awards for wellness challenges and various competitions we do to promote employee engagement. It is easy to use and the support I've received when we've had issues has been very quick.

Pros

Love the peer-to-peer recognition. Our employees use it daily!

Cons

Cost - all the features are great so the only thing I can think for improvement would be to lower the cost.

Heather

Reviewed on 15/05/2024

Drive Marketing Review

Motivosity has made such a positive impact on our team. It is well used and serves to provide peer-to-peer and manager-to-employee recognition in a way that feels good and is manageable for all users.

Pros

I really love the ease of the platform, it has a clean layout and makes things simple and purposeful. I really love that it is real-time recognition and that it makes a big impact on our team. It is user friend and not complex which encourages the team to use the platform.

Cons

I cannot think of any that I dislike, I have been very happy with integrating Motivosity into the culture of our company.

Hayden

Great for employee connections

Pros

It allows employees to recognize their peers and create bonds, all while upholding our company core values.

Cons

Sometimes uploading a photo highlight glitches but not often.

Melissa
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 10/02/2023

Employees love it and use it daily!

We were using another platform that used points instead of dollars. The app was not easily accessible, it had to be accessed in web browser which was difficult for some people. Our participate/engagement was minimal. We had over 450 appreciations in the first month! This is compared to maybe 20 in our old app.

Pros

Easy to launch, easy to appreciate, ease of use for those who don't have computers, that it gives money instead of points. The ability to do shout outs and highlights!

Cons

Reporting can be a little confusing. App users have to set up account in a web browser so they can use the app. There have been some roadblocks with that. Motivosity bucks for managers disappear at end of month, would like option to roll them over.

Jeff
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Hands down the best peer-to-peer recognition software!

Overall, I am very satisfied with Motivosity and can't imagine my employer life without it! It helps to pump each other up, point out successes and wins on the team, and help look for any red flags in overall employee happiness.

Pros

I have used Motivosity for several years and at several companies and I have loved it since day 1. Every time I use it, it's like a big, warm hug from your grandma! There are several things I love about it. 1) It's very easy to use! The interface is clean and easy to navigate. It hints you towards next steps you can take, which makes recognizing people easy. 2) Motivosity has a nice interface to see how other people are getting recognized. It's cool to see the feed of your coworkers and leaders being recognized for their hard work and projects they are working on. Coming from an HR background, I appreciate the recognition that is easily seen, which helps motivate you to keep doing better. 3) Any news from Motivosity is positive. I have never seen anything negative there, which helps promote a good environment. Sometimes I'll scroll through Motivosity and it pumps me up to see so much success happening around us. 4) There are fun tools in Motivosity, such as the Meyer's Briggs test, the interest maps, and the store to spend your reward money in. 5) I appreciate the surveys it asks to check in on me to see if I am being recognized frequently. Recognition is so important for morale, and Motivosity is the ultimate software to make this easy and possible!

Cons

The only con I can think of is that I wasn't able to use the software sooner. I first started using it in 2015 at Workfront and quickly saw that previous employers I worked with could have benefitted so much from it. The software is clean, intuitive, and easy to use. I cannot say anything negative about it because there are none!

Shawn
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Motivosity is a great way to give immediate positive feedback

As an individual contributor, giving a quick thanks is wonderful to reinforce behaviors and encourage doing that behavior again. As a manager, I can share positive feedback to many people both on or off my team for things that I notice. This decentralizes the positive feedback and reinforcing behaviors and allows everyone to participate. I love how all recognition is immediate with no oversight.

Pros

Every employee is given a dollar amount every month that they give to someone else to recognize extra efforts. The dollar amounts are relative to the company, but everyone receives the same amount. So if you give someone your full amount for the month, that sends a big message as to the importance of the recognition. Anyone can give to anyone else, and can do it immediately instead of going through an approval process.

Cons

Money to give used to expire every month in an effort to encourage giving. However, that is very limiting.
Many people want to save up and give a bigger amount for extraordinary help from someone else. That expiration date has now been extended to three months, which helps. I think not having the money expire but instead just have reminders to give allows ultimate flexibility. I haven't found people who never give, but I have had people lose their giving money because an arbitrary amount of time has elapsed. What I don't like most is by default having everyone see the positive feedback someone else gets. I ALWAYS make my giving private so I don't have someone feeling bad because they saw someone else recognized for doing good and why didn't they get recognized for doing good as well (I did just as much as they did!) causing the feedback to backfire in its intent. So please turn off public feedback by default and make it private.

Response from Motivosity

Thanks for the review Shawn. Addressing a couple items you mentioned...
The expiration of the giving money is really a way to prompt people to use it and to share their appreciation more frequently (frequency is a key driver delivering impact when it comes to recognition).
As for the public recognition, studies show that there is power behind making it public. As you stated, you can always mark it private for those times that you want to not have it shared with others.
Again, thanks for writing the review. We appreciate Ivanti as a great Motivosity customer.

Replied 06/11/2019
Austin

Reviewed on 21/07/2016

Motivosity - Excellent tool for engagement, retention, core values, gratitude and culture...

I have used Motivosity for over a year now. As a VP, Human Capital my main goal is to optimize the talent pool. In everything from retaining key players, to creating an atmosphere of gratitude and high performance, I need tools that help with this focus. Tools that are easy to implement and get everyone involved are critical. Motivosity was introduced and stuck instantly. With the support of Sr. leadership and a culture of high performance, this was a great tool to publicly reward top performers, show that our company cared, create relationships and interactions cross-departmentally, etc... This tool got people involved with each other and allowed us to clarify and drive a culture that focused on revenue generation and top line growth. This tool does not create a culture, but it definitely helps in sustaining the culture we wanted. I would highly recommend it!

Pros

Easy to implement<br>

Great and simple UI<br>

High adoption rates<br>

Created a sense of gratitude and giving<br>

Broke down cross departmental barriers
<br>
Used as a directory (source of truth) for knowing who did what<br>

Increased engagement<br>

Helped retain top performers by giving public recognition<br>

Allowed us to communicate corporate objectives<br>

Create large company challenges and rewarded through system<br>

Created a sense of unity in the organization

Cons

I would love goal tracking capabilities, but it may not be the objective<br>

Getting leadership involved is SO critical, and showing the ROI on that was tough at first

Skylar

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

Encourage Others and Boost Team Morale with Motivosity

I think Motivosity is allowing me to solve the business problem of not knowing your coworkers. I have found by being an active user of Motivosity that I know more about my coworkers and they know more about me. When I go to the office I know everyone and enjoy being at work.

Pros

On a day-to-day basis, people's actions (i.e., accomplishments, acts of kindness, hard work, etc.) often go unrecognized. Using Motivosity helps to encourage employees to recognize their coworkers. I feel by using Motivosity people are uplifted as they begin to realize people are actually noticing them. Furthermore, I feel it increase overall team morale and unity.

Cons

I think there needs to be some way to encourage users to more proactively use Motivosity without the incentive of earning money. I personally try to regift my gifted funds because I want to help drive the overall purpose of the software. However, I see so many users that log on the last day of the month and send out last minute Motivosity so the funds don't go to waste. I would rather see people recognizing others on a day-to-day basis without the expecation of making some extra money.

Nathan
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

Happy Motivosity Customer!

Nothing but great things to say about Motivosity. We hope to continue our relationship with Motivosity for years to come.

Pros

As I mentioned previously, Motivosity has been great at building team morale throughout the entire office. Employees can give each other motivosity bucks when they help one another out with a patient or daily task. Managers can give extra bucks to employees they see doing a good job. We have weekly activity/ awards for games we hold throughout the week! Employees LOVE it!

Cons

This is pretty nit picky, but I think it is easier to use on a computer than smart phone. The app is good, but I think our office prefers using the platform on computer over phones.

Christine
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 22/01/2021

Motivosity and Employee engagement

Motivosity gives us each a boost when we are recognized for our efforts. I like knowing that I made a difference for someone else to make their job easier, or more enjoyable- Motivosity provides the platform to do just that. Our company has had a rise in employee engagement, during this pandemic, where other companies are falling apart. I believe Motivosity has helped to keep us all connected and aware of other's accomplishments- even with most working from home. We use the platform regularly to provide opportunities for all to participate in company wide events. I love Motivosity!

Pros

Being able to recognize your peers for things others may not notice. Being recognized myself so I know my actions made a difference to someone. I like the ease of using the Motivosity money- a couple clicks and you've redeemed your money. I love the profiles employees set up- it lets us know their interests, outside of work-more on a personal level. I also like how it tells us who else in the company is most like us- interesting...

Cons

We have had a couple of missed Anniversaries that weren't acknowledged on the platform- not sure if internal issue or Motivosity. Can't think of anything I don't like.

Response from Motivosity

Christine, thank you so much for your review. We love to hear about the experience our clients are having with Motivosity, and we're so glad you guys are loving it as much as we do!

Replied 27/01/2021
Jim
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 30/08/2017

Happy Employees

Pros

Before Motivosity, we would recognize our Associates that required a lot more administration and we always found that people would come and want to exchange their gift for something else. This product has made it very employee friendly as well as added other valuable tools. We solely use Motivosity as our only company org chart and find great value in the personality test and "social media" presence this gives our associates.

Cons

My biggest frustration is the customer service, I wish there was a call in number we could talk to someone and fix the issues, instead we must rely via email which isn't as efficient. We used to have other features and granted its been upgraded but there are certain features we need as admin that haven't been added back. I've brought up the concern and the most we have heard is, "we'll look into it".

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 14/11/2023

Easy to set up and adopt

Pros

The idea of being able to recognize a co-worker's contribution with a small monetary token is so simple, everyone picks up on it instantly. As an employee accumulates funds, they can simply use a debit card to access the funds. No points to convert, odd catalogs to make "purchases" from, and the employee gets to spend the funds on what they want.

Cons

Annual cost is quite stiff for a medium sized firm. After seven years' use, we will be reevaluating Motivosity in our next total compensation review.

Buck
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 20/04/2017

Gratitude simplified!

One of the cheapest ways to motivate and empower employees is to say thank you. Too often we grateful to someone, but fail to actually express the gratitude. With Motivosity, it is easy to express thankfulness. The features of Motivosity allow for the user to quickly find the person they want to thank and then within 30-60 seconds can type up a quick thank you. It can be as simple as a "thank you for being you" or as elaborate as you want it to be. The system allows for people to be involved at the degree they feel comfortable and not forced to fill out a long form or make their gratitude fit in to someone else's format.

Additionally, we've used Motivosity to create fun games within our institution, with March Madness, we implemented a bracket system with departments that recognized and encouraged our people to complete their profiles, look at other people's profiles, to read the notes sent and to send recognition to other folks. This got everyone involved and allows us to realize shared interest in people who may not be geographically located near us. This has increased the "human" aspect of our jobs and formed connections between people and departments, which leads to greater respect and collaboration.

I've really enjoyed the simplistic nature of Motivosity and look forward to seeing how the program evolves going forward.

Pros

simple, easy to use. Allows for 360 degrees of recognition, meaning that not only leaders recognizing reports, but peers recognizing peers, reports recognizing leadership. Despite what some people think, as a leader of people, we like to be told we're doing a good job too!

Cons

When filling out the profile, it would be nice to have the system have a pop up window or highlight the areas in red that were not filled in correctly vs. just freezing and not allowing the user to complete. This would reduce the frustration of when a new user is trying to fill out the profile and gets stuck.

Response from Motivosity

Buck, you are awesome. We love your creative ideas about culture games and are working internally on some things to support your ideas for games

Replied 02/06/2017
Luke
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 17/04/2017

If you don't use Motivosity are you really working the right job?

I am a die hard user of Motivosity. I love giving "apology" dollars or pooling together for a pizza a few times a week. I see no other product that gets used in the office as often as Motivosity. The system is user friendly on both the computer or mobile version. I have never had any "bug" issues. Honestly 10/10 I go home and brag about Motivosity or speak of it as a reason why someone should join my company. It is vital to our upbeat workplace environment.

Pros

I love the idea of Motivosity. I like that we can reward either publicly or anonymously co-workers for anything. As well we can give Motivosity for a birthday gift of to celebrate the arrival of a new baby. We can make it both playful of professional. There is no limit to the usability in the work place. The software itself is both intuitive and enjoyable to use.

Cons

n/a keep making a great product to everyone at Motivosity. *high five* to everyone especially the design/engineering team

Kristin

Reviewed on 07/11/2022

Superior Employee Recognition Software

Pros

Our team loves Motivosity. We have been using Motivosity for over five years now and it has become essential within our company. It has enabled our team to feel appreciated, recognized, and rewarded regularly. Motivosity is smartly done and supported by an awesome team who continues to impress. Their passion is clear and they continue to shine.

Cons

The only con I have experienced is the introduction to ThanksMatters cards. Fraudulent charges are becoming more common, and from an admin side, accounting reconciliation is now showing discrepancies that did not exist prior to the introduction of the card.

kamrul
kamrul
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 18/07/2021

Amazing result & made us happy

It is an awesome experience with motivosity. Thumbs up for it.

Pros

It's a great employee engagement & recognition software that made our team happy at workplace. Motivosity is the software that help us in different ways like it allows recognition Between our teammates & manager, connection of employees to each other etc. Personally, it helped me to express my feelings freely with no hesitation.

Cons

Truly i didn’t get anything that i will is negative. It has given us the new thinking of life.

Response from Motivosity

Hello Kamrul and thank you so much for your review and feedback! We're thrilled to hear how happy and connected your workforce has been since implementing and utilizing Motivosity

Replied 24/07/2021
Steven

Reviewed on 25/01/2021

Put your money where your mouth is.

Its been absolutely lovely. I love how easy it is for everyone to share money with each other and because it's so easy, it actually gets used. I accrue bonus money faster than I can find stuff to spend it on and I am financially motivated to help everyone because anyone can decide I deserve a bonus from them.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is that when my boss says "Good Job" it's followed with 20$. I've spent years at companies where I heard "good job" all year, then got dinged in my performance review for small things I was unaware I should be doing.

Motivosity removes the need for performance reviews because money talks. If I'm not doing a good job, I don't get that 20$ and I know I should improve. When I improve, I get instant feedback that I can benefit from instantly instead of waiting for an arbitrary decisions to occur behind closed doors once a year.

Cons

I wish there were more options for cashing out, specifically things like door-dash and grub-hub. I know I can use the visa card option to essentially use my bonus money anywhere, but it adds steps to the process and the fewer steps to cashing out the better.

Response from Motivosity

Hey Steven, thanks so much for your review! We're constantly working on improving our platform, and it is possible to add Grubhub or DoorDash gift cards as local gifts. Let us know if we can further help you with this!

Replied 27/01/2021
Elif
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 22/03/2024

Usefull and motivating

It definitely increased my motivation. I can see my own work load and manage it more easily then I used to. I like to be in touch through this app with my colleagues. Thank you Motivosity.

Pros

What I like the most about Motivosity is you can express your feelings and build a bridge to meet in the middle with your colleagues. You can say thank you! This is the most important thing. And when they thank you it rapidly increases your dopamine level.

Cons

Well, sometimes application gives some errors but if you update the app regulary it should be solved.