Carsforsale.com Reviews

About Carsforsale.com

Carsforsale.com is a cloud-based marketing solution, which helps automotive businesses manage multiple lead channels and track conversions. Its key features include document management, photo overlays, appointment scheduling and...

Browse Carsforsale.com Reviews

2,165 of 2,165 reviews
Clifton
Clifton
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 09/01/2023

Carsforsale.com

I can only describe my experience with Carsforsale.com as 100% positive. I recommend them as the #1 site to visit for all your car buying needs.

Pros

I was a former employee of this growing company back when it started. The success does not surprise me because this was one of the best experiences of my life. The[SENSITIVE CONTENT] is an awesome man who is fun and business at the same time. They are the go-to site for finding your next vehicle. You can trust them and their product with no inhibitions.

Cons

The only con I know about Carsforsale.com is I don't work there anymore. Best job and best people I've ever encountered.

Susan

Reviewed on 07/10/2021

Control your inventory with a few clicks

The ability to display the current inventory to the public is a great benefit and a must have in these COVID Pandemic times.

Pros

The software allows you to complete the task of adding new inventory, or editing existing inventory simple. The step by step process assures that you don't forget any of the important details. The ability to scan the VIN barcode and automatically display vehicle specifics is a real time saver.

Cons

The need to input mileage and price for each vehicle when you are displaying "email for price" or "email for mileage is a waste of time. Although the ability to display videos of inventory is available, you have to first publish the video elsewhere and input the URL into CarsForSale, which is too much trouble and time consuming. Being able to instantly take video and upload directly would be very helpful. Additionally I have been unable to find a way to bring a "SOLD" vehicle back into inventory, except to completely reenter everything. If this feature is available it is not clear how to use it.

Chase

Reviewed on 24/03/2022

An excellent, inexpensive service for new and small independent dealerships, but needs changes

We love CFS because it's extremely reliable and gives us everything that we need all in one place; however, as we have grown as a dealership, we feel that we have outgrown the restrictions provided by the service and need a more responsive, controllable CRM and website.

Pros

We love the fact the CarsForSale is seamlessly integrated with our DMS. We never have any problems whatsoever with the product functioning the way that it is intended to function and it's an easy, lightweight way to present our inventory to customers.

Cons

The fact that we don't have control over our own HTML. I understand that this would be a nightmare for the programming team, but this is a severe headache and the reason that we have to seriously consider severing ties with CFS even though everything else is easy to use and has served us quite well. The template is too restrictive for us to present ourselves professionally as a staple in our local market and we often cannot wait 3-5 business days for changes to be implemented. Additionally, there are changes that we have submitted that have never been changed. Ultimately, more control over our website and closer partnership with the programming team would be phenomenal for us.

Response from Carsforsale.com

Hi Chase, thank you for your feedback. Our support team makes website updates on your behalf to ensure that your website remains functional and user-friendly. Please give us a call at (866) 388-9778 if you have any additional questions!

Replied 28/03/2022

Top Carsforsale.com Alternatives

Bruno

Reviewed on 05/12/2023

Car dealer web page

Pros

Value and ease of use as well as being cloud based

Cons

Not a mobile site which makes it difficult to navigate on your cell ohine

Stephanie

Reviewed on 07/11/2022

The best 3rd party partner we have

We get a great product and great service.

Pros

The back end product for listing our cars is far superior in everyway to any other we have used. They are also the easiest to get ahold of when we need help and every person who answers the phone is knowledgeable.

Cons

The only thing we don't like is that when Carsforsale converted over to a new system we lost 2 very helpful functions. The first was that we had the ability on our website to print off a vehicle fact sheet which our customers loved and found very helpful. The 2nd thing we lost was that previously on our website the stock number was on the search page. This was extremely helpful to us because we carry 20-30 identical vans (same year, make, model) It was extremely helpful to us when a customer inquired about these vans we could easily decipher which van they were looking at. It is very difficult now to tell them apart without clicking into each individual van.

Josh

Reviewed on 09/04/2020

Best Bang for your Buck

Their Customer service is 5 star very knowledge able and always there to help.

Pros

We are a independent Dealer and for one price we get an amazing website with unbelievable tech support and easy to understand and follow basic CRM to track our leads, plus they help us post to social media. Have an app to use, plus you get to post all your units on their listing sight on top of all that! BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK HANDS DOWN!!!!

Cons

Wish it was easier to assign the lead to my sales people from the APP.

Frazer and DealerCenter

Reasons for Choosing Carsforsale.com

To expensive horrible customer service

Auto/Mate

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

Bang for the Buck! Local Midwest company with this much reach and this great of service. Can't find that at any of the BIG TECH Company's period
Shannon

Reviewed on 16/08/2023

Couldn’t do it without you

Easy

Pros

Invaluable resource, help to keep website updated and enjoy the tools for history and value

Cons

No real draw back, At least none the I have found

Bee

Reviewed on 07/04/2021

Business wouldn't be as smooth and stress free with out there services

they help me keep my business running and stress free for pennies on the dollar.

Pros

It keeps my inventory in line, helps me keep track of the time I have my vehicles and helps me price them according to the market at current. I can print out inventory sheets with all the info "i want" and give them to customers which is so nice. I can also do my paperwork right here and know my profits individually or all together.
This company offers a easy to use program that helps me manage my inventory and my expenses with each car and even posts to facebook for me which in hand helps me get it placed in other groups, and on my facebook page and my website looks awesome.

Cons

there is nothing i do like about the software .. nothing at all

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Best dealer website for the price

Pros

Very Customizable, also able to change the theme on the website, very responsive support team, has it's own implementation with Facebook Marketplace, CarGurus, and Carfax. I am sure it has more implementation abilities, however that is the platforms that I use and are subscribed too. Also gives you free NVMTIS reports, which is really nice to use, besides Carfax and Auto check.

Cons

The mobile version isn't on the same layout as the desktop version like V12 software is able to do, but I am very very happy, and it's not a complaint.

Matthew

Reviewed on 26/04/2023

I love Carsforsale

Great

Pros

Price, ease of use. Great product. No complaints

Cons

N/A I like it all. No issues what so ever.

Kyle

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

Used car Dealer

Pros

access to my web site and pictures down loading to cars for sale and wy web site in 1 easy step.

Cons

make it eaiser to connect to social media

Maite
Maite

Reviewed on 02/09/2022

A functional digital automatris system

It allows you to manage sales in a complete way if you want to have a system that allows you to have access to sales even in a retail way, I like it because it has not been difficult to understand and it has also been quite complete and understandable

Pros

This is a tool that is very effective for professionals or for those who wish to have systems that allow them to carry out tasks related to their means of transport, it is an easy tool to understand, especially for those who have not yet used this type of tool, it also allows even create comprehensive reports

Cons

It is not a tool that is used by everyone, but it is still necessary to have this type of system to have greater opportunities to innovate in all sectors.

Darrin

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

Do you actually care?

Pros

The cost is fair for what you do. Your service is better then most. But you have made so many changes it not user friendly

Cons

You have made so many changes in the system for the worse in ease of use. Really it’s to the point of dropping you

The requirements for a code to pull a credit app for my team is frankly a pain in the add. There has to be an easier way.

Our ability to push to Facebook or market place always glitches for some reason.

On your mobile user face your designers put message for more info before the info for the car which creates a lot of waisted interaction and key board shoppers. Really that was stupid I can believe someone actually approved that.

ashley

Reviewed on 07/11/2022

Easy to use and pays for itself .

Very good experience. Has definitely helped our numbers!

Pros

User friendly. Great to generate and communicate with leads

Cons

The login process is could be streamlined.

Dealer Car Search

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

For a smaller size dealership the price made for sense for us and also did not charge for direct messaging to our leads right from the platform. Some other services consider this an add-on feature.
Danielle

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

I'm really considering switching to Carfax

When I started here five years ago, I had never sold cars before. This is the first and only software I've ever used and it's comfortable and familiar. Over the last five years the software has grown and changed in many positive and efficient ways. CFS customer service is top notch. There's never been an issue they couldn't solve for me quickly. But as your competitors grow and change, I can't help but notice there's a lot they can offer this company too. I do hope that I see more leads generated from CFS.com and more marketing campaigns in the near future. I'm rooting for you guys :)

Pros

I love the website and the customer service for the website. Very professional, easy to use and simple to update. One phone call and customer service did the rest.

The recent updates and addons in response to the pandemic are exceptional.

Text Leads - Brilliant. Works great, just wish customers utilized it more.

Mobile App - I use it all the time, especially when importing vehicles into inventory.

Cons

Lead generation is non-existent. I cannot recall the last time I got a lead from CFS.com. I never see TV commercials, social media ads, or SEO targeted ads from CFS. I don't see CFS advertise in the same capacity and frequency as competitors such as Carfax, Cars.com. If you're not consistently pulling new clients to your site to see my merchandise then what am I paying for? What is keeping me from going to Cars.com or Carfax for CRM? I feel as if I'm relying solely on my social media presence and website SEO when it was my understanding that customers could and would find our merchandise on CFS.com. Conclusion, brand recognition; get with it or get lost. Your competition is beating you and winning me over more and more everyday, especially CarFax. Not only is Carfax THE authority on car history reports, but they have impressive CRM software, awesome lead generation, top notch free marketing materials and the price is directly competing with CFS.

The recent security updates. Texting a code every time I want to review an application is tedious to say the least. Now I find myself printing applications, just so I can review them later. I never used to print, I would just open the doc in CFS. Now I'm wasting paper, which is wasting money and resources. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate how serious you take protecting sensitive info, I wish there was a more efficient way to do so.

matt

Reviewed on 04/11/2020

Time Saver

In a nutshell carsforsale.com does exactly what you are going to want it to do. Its fairly straightforward and simple to use, allows you to manage multiple online platforms from one location, provides you with accurate and detailed information to keep you marketplace competitive, and most importantly of all it allows me to be better and more efficient, freeing up valuable time to handle the other aspects of running a car store.

Pros

Great software. At a small dealership where there are limited employees, I fill the role of buyer, salesman, finance manager, sales manager etc..... because of this having software that provides seamless integration to our website, social media sites, vendor sites, CRM and DMS is essential. Carsforsale.com does all of this and more. It allows me to accurately portray the options of our vehicles, manage the photos and promote the dealership simply by following its lead. It also shows me what my competition is doing, gives me the ability to see pictures and options that are available from other dealers in my area. Having this information makes hitting a price point that allows for a fair profit, while still moving each unit if a timely manner, and it allows me to do this with out having to look to other places to gather it.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about the software. About the only thing i can find that I dislike is it requires email or text verification to log you in from time to time. It would be nice if I could verify a computer or device one time and not have to do it again.

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Feedback

Pros

Speed, Easy of Use, Economical. The platform gives you a lot for the price.

Cons

SEO tools could improve or even been offered as a premium service. I feel SEO could be more powerful.

Dealer.com

Affordability

Dealer.com

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

Platform was the overall best option.
leo

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

easy to use

i like it.

Pros

make sure my product is price accordingly in my market.

Cons

getting the on line videos to work and online paperwork.

DealerCenter

Reasons for Choosing Carsforsale.com

more exposure and less expensive.

DealerCenter

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

easy to learn and master.
Mike

Reviewed on 04/11/2022

Excellent CRM

My experience with Carsforsale over the past 3+ years Overall has been fantastic I would not use a different CRM and have recommeded It to other colleagues in the auto industry

Pros

Cars for sale CRM is very easy to use very user friendly ith a lot of tools at your disposal From inventory reports to designing your website And many other helpful tools too many to list but they really do have it all figured out I've been using the CRM for over 3 years now and I've been in the car industry for 30 plus years and it is truly one of the best I've ever worked with. And most importantly customer support is spot on.

Cons

Off the top of my head there are only a couple of things that are a little glitchy like the photo overlay doesn't apply sometimes The Facebook interface is a little tricky And I would like to be able to go in and edit a Vin number when you 1st enter it if there is an incorrect digit you have to Delete that vehicle and start over other than that As I said everything is pretty spot on

Angelo

Reviewed on 18/04/2019

Interactive website knowledge

The overall ability to track customers to the right sales associate is something that has been helpful and has allowed us to play on an even field of competition. The system works if you understand how it works and i feel that most have just now begin to utilize the tools that it has to offer.

Pros

The design and easy access is relatively useful. The ability to access multiple customer request and activities are available to all admin. and the ability to track activity within the system is helpful for planning the next step of the sales process.

Cons

I would like to see automated daily tasks for each individual sales associate. The ability to focus on those leads that are 7 days or less older and the tracking of these leads in a Que would maximize efforts for targeted sales attempts and increase sales production along with customer experience. If this option is already available then more one on one coachings with the sales team should be priority by your company to implement those options and further our knowledge of how we can utilize the site to our fullest efforts.

Charles

Reviewed on 05/02/2022

Carsforsale review

They always are very helpful and very patient . They are the best at actually being genuine in dealing with their customers.

Pros

Yes, very easy
Easy to use and customer support is the best!

Cons

I dont like the fact that the number of days a car is on carsforsale is posted on the web page. There is no benefit to the seller or to carsforsale. The idea is to sell cars and if you have a perfectly good car for sale and the reason it has not sold is usually because the car price needs to be adjusted and the dealer will finally get around to dropping the price and the cars sells. Customers are many times questioning why a car has been in inventory so long and they assume it is a bad car. In reality the car has not sold many times because the price needed adjusting and the dealer will ultimately drop the price and then it will sell. You slow the selling process for the dealer when you list how many days a car has been onlline.

JOSEPH

Reviewed on 20/03/2019

Review for Carsforsale

Overall the software is easy to use, makes sense for the user, is affordable, offers very good design and personalization when it comes to the web page, has a great mobile ability, but could benefit from the addition of some tools and reporting as mentioned in Cons section of the survey.

Pros

The software is easy to use and affordable.

Cons

I think the software would benefit from craigslist posting abilities. I also think the CRM portion of the software would benefit from adding in better ways to manage leads, via lead source tracking, making more options to help organize leads and mange lead assignments. I feel like the note section of the lead should be more easily readable, not putting it several screens back and having the system allow the user to organize and label leads would be helpful. Also adding more reporting to the system for inventory as well as SEO, and leads would be nice. Having more of an insight on how the inventory is performing as well as how the website activity is doing would be helpful in decision making.

Cory

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

Good Overall Product for Small Dealerships

I have used Carsforsale.com at the last two dealerships I worked at and have been using it for over 6 years now. It is a good product for the size dealerships I was running and never considered switching to a more complete solution, price is excellent and keeps us here!

Pros

It is inexpensive and implements all the features you need to get a small dealership going and growing!

Cons

Websites need to be more customizable and need to implement a better solution for dealers that have more than one location

Frazer and Dealer Car Search

Price mainly
Kaye

Reviewed on 08/01/2020

Great Advertising Tool!

Pros

Compared to others, this is an inexpensive way to advertise our vehicles. It allows you to advertise on Carsforsale.com, have your own personalized website, and uploads straight from our Frazer dealer software. Customer service agents have been very helpful.

Cons

Carsforsale.com may not be as popular and well-known to consumers as websites such as Cars.com, Autotrader.com, or some others. Again, great for the price though.

PAUL

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

CARS FOR SALE REVIEW

I added another location and received all the help I needed for its implementation ---at no additional cost.
Any changes I have requested have been made in a timely manner -- at no additional cost.
Every associate I have contacted has fulfilled my request in a timely manner.

Pros

Carsforsale.com is, in my evaluation, the best software available for independent automobile dealers.
It is effective -reasonably priced - and provides outstanding service.
Carsforsale.com consistently initiates improvements with no additional charges
Assistance is readily available by phone from professional , knowledgable, and courteous representatives.
This exemplary company is a role model to be emulated.

Cons

As a result of my lengthy experience with carsforsale.com, I can state, with conviction, that I have not experienced any negatives.