Salesforce Starter Reviews

About Salesforce Starter

With Salesforce Starter, find more leads, win more deals, and keep customers happy with out-of-the-box tools built into the world’s #1 CRM suite. Introducing the all-in-one, easy-to-use solutions that bring marketing, sales, and...

3.9
4.2

Browse Salesforce Starter Reviews

Julio Cesar
Julio Cesar
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 10/03/2023

Great experience working with salesforce platforms

Basically, all my days at work depens on salesforce, very efficient at the moment, it also helps me out to improve my sales day by day.

Pros

All I need in one place, quick response from the platform and cloud.

Cons

Trouble shooting at weekends and slow verification process

Ernest
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 03/02/2022

Ridiculously Expensive

I stopped using because I could never understand how to fully set up the system. Salesforce referred a 3rd party developer to set up system, they wanted $28,000 to set up system. Kinda shady.

Pros

Nice interface, lots of features. I never understood the system enough to offer more Pros.

Cons

Only for Mid-Large - Large Business. Salesforce is not for small business, because it is cost prohibitive. Salesforce nickel and dimes for everything, including an unethical override for their CPQ billing. I am stuck in a contract and still paying for Essentials. However, it was much more economical to use another CRM/Subscription Management System and pay Salesforce until my contact is over.

Chance

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

Do Not Assume Anything

The best advice that I can give to a company considering purchasing Salesforce's Desk.com is to document every single expectation and need regarding a CRM tool. Do not assume any functionality exists, regardless of how simple and standard that functionality may seem. There are definitely features and functionalities that the average person might expect any modern system to offer which it does not.

Examples:
List Views - Cannot sort by most fields, cannot add custom fields to list views, and cannot modify the number of records per page
Reporting - Cannot modify fields displayed in a report, cannot edit criteria for metrics, and cannot include custom fields in reports aside from picklists, and cannot export more than 2500 records at a time
Email - Does not include standard modern emailing functions such as underlining, highlighting, modifying font color, or pasting images/tables

Also, while some more complex workflows and automation can be built in Salesforce to update fields which are then passed back to Desk via Desk Connect (native sync between Desk and Salesforce), I strongly recommend against relying on Desk Connect for any business processes. Desk Connect can and has been turned off by Desk.com for all customers without first ensuring this is okay with the customer, interrupting daily business on a large scale. It is also extremely easy to break or surpass its capabilities of Desk Connect to the point that any modification, regardless of size, made to your Salesforce org must be communicated to Desk to ensure that Desk Connect will continue to function as expected.

If you are a small-scale organization/team with very basic case tracking and reporting requirements capable, Desk may very well be the answer for you. But you still better be prepared with extensive documentation of all requirements and expectations for a tool like Desk, no matter how small or obvious they may be.

Pros

Simple UI
Simple workflow building and management

Cons

Extremely limited in its capabilities
Desk Support reps are not thorough when reading emails
ETA's on fixes/patches pushed back for months

Top Salesforce Starter Alternatives

Janet

Reviewed on 17/11/2023

Salesforce classic better than the new Lightning

Classic is great and very easy to get to info.

Pros

I really like the salesforce classic before they moved to lightning. It was much more intuitive and easier to locate information.

Cons

That they moved to lightning and it is not as good as classic

Ellenore
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 11/12/2023

Great software to organize employee information

Pros

I like that I'm able to log information about employees and manage their contact info, benefit information, and history easily. It's also very customizable.

Cons

Sometimes I wish that the platform was able to be more on-brand, and that I was able to create documents with our font package.

Lisa

Reviewed on 07/06/2023

No quick details or references without running reports

It is a lot of extra work for someone wanting details on a customer.

Pros

I like the contact database and the information stored.

Cons

I don't like the email functionality or the notes / tasks available. I don't like that you cannot view the activities tab and see what notes were taken without having to expand each note.

• Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Reviewed on 23/07/2023

It will help you improve your customer experience

Salesforce Essentials is the best way to provide better service to our customers. I highly recommend it!

Pros

I'm so glad that Salesforce Essentials makes it easy to collect customer feedback. This feedback has been invaluable in helping me improve our product quality and customer service.

Cons

The learning curve for inexperienced users may be somewhat challenging.

Rob
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 20/10/2023

A fantastic CRM system!

Salesforce Essentials is a game-changer for businesses seeking a powerful yet easy-to-use CRM solution. Its intuitive design, responsiveness, and simplicity in implementation make it a standout choice in the market. Whether you're a small business owner or a busy professional, Salesforce Essentials empowers you to manage your contacts, leads, and sales with unparalleled ease. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to enhance their customer relationship management processes.

Pros

I recently had the opportunity to use Salesforce Essentials, and I am thoroughly impressed with its user-friendly interface and seamless functionality. As someone who values efficiency and simplicity in a CRM tool, Salesforce Essentials exceeded my expectations in several ways.

Cons

I don't have much to say here really! It did everything we needed it to!

Rebekah
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

Using Salesforce Essentials

Pros

This was not a product I was very confident in when first being introduced to it, but it has made processing devices and tracking the work flow process very efficient.

Cons

There is a small learning curve you have to overcome getting started, but once you are over that hump it becomes very user friendly

• Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 20/07/2023

Good functionalities

Pros

Easy to use with great functionalities. Project tasks are easy to view and track.

Cons

I liked the classic view better than the lightening experience.

Bob
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 08/06/2023

Great Functionality But A Bit Pricey

It's been fairly easy to implement and use. We were able to get it fully functional with the entire sales team in a matter of a few months and it handles most if not all of the services we require.

Pros

It has a very intuitive interface that's easy to useThe ability to grab/store email data for our contact management is nice!The mobile apps associated with Essentials are helpful.If you've used any of the Salesforce products, this is built along the same interface so "learning" it is easy!

Cons

The pricing on this product is a bit higher than competitive products with the same functionality.If you're moving over from a different product, some of the workflows can be a bit confusing.The standard reporting features are less than optimal.

Meagan
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 08/08/2017

Currently left in the Dust

our support center agents were able to respond to emails and log call notes.

Pros

multiple channels can be integrated, including social media posts. there's a live character counter for agents when writing responses.

Cons

SMS had to be integrated with an outside provider. slow, lacking features or any promise of a roadmap, reporting inaccurate. downtime and maintenance (both scheduled and responsive) very frequent - basically daily. since "next gen agent" was released 2+ years ago, this product has never improved. account manager never even bothered to elude to changing anything. as our contract was coming to an end, we asked, "why should we stay with desk?" and the response we got was verbatim, "great question...[30 seconds of silence]". salesforce stopped investing money into this product long ago, and subsequently, even the smallest crm companies these days are lightyears ahead in terms of functionality and reliability.

Sheikh

Reviewed on 24/07/2021

Truly Market Leading crm

Pros

I have been using Salesforce for many years. I think the most amazing part of this tool is how customizable it Is as per clients needs. Moreover all these cusomized fields are available in reporting!

Cons

User based security is not available in essential. I wish it was so that we could enroll more users.

• Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

Salesforce IQ is a great add on to Salesforce

Pros

Creating leads and contacts in Salesforce is a breeze with this tool. I love that I can instantly add a customer and log their email in Salesforce. I love the ability to add meeting invites or email templates to an email with a couple of clicks. Salesforce IQ has saved me hours of data entry into Salesforce. I don't know what I would do without this tool now that I have used it for close to two years.

Cons

In the last few months something changed in the way that it pulls the data when you go to add a contact. The previous version use to pull all of the information automatically and now I have to manually add a lot of the information. It is still quicker than adding new contacts into Salesforce but it does require a few more steps. I also wish there was more insight into who opened an email or web link when you include multiple people on an email.

Kelly
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 07/06/2021

Best Database for Sales Funnel Management

We use Salesforce in order to keep track of all leads, opportunites, converted clients at all steps of the sales funnel and store all contact information. If you want to reconnect with a lead that dried up 6 months ago, you have all the information and can do that as well as see where things were last left off with them. It is the ultimate sales database.

Pros

Salesforce is great for keeping track of leads, opportunities, tasks, contacts, and more. It is the best way to keep track of info, documents, phone calls, etc for these people/businesses at any stage of the sales funnel. Due to its detailed nature, it makes it easy to categorize these things and also create weekly reports for updates. I am looking forward to taking some of the free Salesforce courses just so I can take advantage of some of the functions that I still don't even know how to use for their full benefits.

Cons

Salesforce can be overwhelming when first starting to use it. There is a lot of information everywhere and the pages feel very "busy" when you aren't sure where to find something. The more you use Salesforce, the easier this gets, but for new users there can be a learning period.

Shannon
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 02/07/2021

A decent program

Pros

The product is very easy to use. Very self explanatory. It will not allow you to do something your not suppose to do. Basically a guideline throughout the program

Cons

There are some work arounds that should be updated by now. That makes for a longer process

Kristine
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

Salesforce for Non-Profit

ability to track inventory and outstanding work orders

Pros

modules are easily arranged and ability to open additional windows for modules is helpful

Cons

Prolocity customized the product for us so it is to my specifications.

Gabriela
Gabriela

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

Great Experience - just put took off one star for the work that needs to be done

I was able to save time in the company I work for. The software was easy to use and easy to implement into daily activities.

Pros

I loved the fact that they worked on the integrations and being able to make things to the mainstream. I was able to quickly show other workers how to use this product and quickly incorporate it into our business. This is a lot easier than our last software.

Cons

Running the reports is something we would all have a bit of trouble to do, there would be little things here and there that prevented our productivity. There are also some filters or basic features that should be fine-tuned a bit more but nothing too bad.

Krishnan
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

SALESFORCE TOPS ON REPORTING

Happy with what we use the product is used for. One of the Best

Pros

Sales reporting feature is the most I like. IT easy to use drag and drop feature to customize, the reports and filters features and setting the date range options are the feature that makes it the top feature.

Cons

help to solve any abnormality in the data. The feature shows only the problem and does not give any suggestive pointers to correct that.

Reviewed on 24/03/2018

Integrations Galore

Good starter tool, but lacking a user experience that makes you "want" to use it.

Pros

Open API that allows you to connect to other tools that you're using to run your business. We have our tool connected to SalesForce, Talkdesk, Google Docs, etc.

Cons

The platform has gone down a few times, leaving us to figure out how to communicate with our customers. The UI/UX isn't the best.

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 26/05/2018

It is easy to use and quick to understand

It has helped me find users and assist customers

Pros

I like how it makes finding information around different users and files easy, also it has helped me organize my work better

Cons

it has too much updates and it changes how it looks, this way, once it updates it is hard to understand how to use it

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 22/04/2019

Latest innovation in CRM

Pros

Everything is contained in one spot. I have the ability to manage my pipeline, create my calendar and add new contacts.

Cons

Not all the same functions exist on the ap that exist on the desk top feature. Also, you cannot run excel reports out of Salesforce

Michelle
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 26/12/2022

Great for Sales Tracking

Salesforce was much better for tracking quotes and sales that it was in other industries I’ve seen it in.

Pros

I liked the ability to clearly see who was in charge of each customers sale and where they were in the sales process.

Cons

I feel like salesforce has so many features and functionalities that they should have perfected before offering custom products.

• Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

Salesforce a Powerful CRM Tool

Salesforce allows our whole business to be connected. Salespeople out in the field are able to quickly access customer information, and that can be tied all the way to special design tasks in engineering meant to address a particular customer need.

Pros

The best part of Salesforce is how you can easily organize and report on various metrics. The whole system was designed to keep track of every transaction.

Cons

My biggest issue with Salesforce is that it is so big. It feels like it can do so much more than we ask it to, and it sometimes seems like overkill for our application.

Nathan

Reviewed on 07/02/2023

Essential software for SDRs

Pros

Salesforce is great for storing prospects emails and phone numbers. In my previous role I use Salesforce to track the stage of each deal, to import stored contacts into Salesloft for my outreach and to check ex-client or ex trials of the platform (using the reports function) which in turn made my calls a lot warmer.

Cons

The 'Import to salesloft' button disappeared at least once week which impacted my sales cycle.