Clio Reviews

Visit Website

About Clio

Ranked #1, Clio is the leading law practice management software used by over 150,000 lawyers and with the most 5-star reviews. The only legal software with 1,500+ reviews on Capterra. Lawyers can access and manage their work in...

Browse Clio Reviews

1,591 of 1,591 reviews
Stephen
Stephen

Reviewed on 06/07/2019

Fantastic Practice Management Solution

Pros

Clio's intuitive design is easy to use for anyone from the tech savy to the "how do I turn this thing on" person. They are constantly adding features and functionality to the software solution making the administrative side of practicing law much easier and less time consuming. Clio's support team is always quick to respond and is always friendly and helpful. The growing list of integrations is definite plus and gives us the ability to extend the already great functionality to the next level. And if you are into coding, you can always create a custom integration to suit your needs.

Cons

Really the only complaint I have about Clio is the reporting capabilities. While it has some great canned reports within the interface, there is no ability to customize reports to massage out information that would be useful to my practice. We make do, of course, but this has been my complaint for some time now. Last time I checked there was a pay integration that allowed for more robust reporting but adding yet another subscription isn't appealing when it would be relatively easy for Clio to add this capability to their platform.

Erica

Clio Is the Most Useful Database We have Used

Overall Clio was a vast improvement to our previous programs (Tabs 3 and Abacus). The change in customer service however has dampened my enthusiasm..

Pros

Integration of payment, invoicing and CRM

I used to love the customer service but now....NO

Cons

Difficult to customize. Customer Service has gone from knowledgeable Canadian staff to foreign people not familiar with the program. You are often on your own to try to resolve questions - or make multiple queries.

Response from Clio

Hi Erica. Thanks for sharing this valuable feedback. I can assure you that we take into account this information to continuously improve our products and services.
I’m sorry you had an unsatisfactory experience with our customer success team. I can assure you that all of our customer service staff are trained in-house and have in-depth knowledge of all our products. While it may on occasion take more than one call to answer a question, please know that we are committed to resolving your queries as quickly as possible—and our team is available 24 hours a day, 5 days a week, via in-app chat, email, or phone should you need further assistance.

Replied 25/01/2024
Dawn

Reviewed on 25/01/2024

I love CLIO

I am very happy with CLIO. I find it to be quite intuitive

Pros

I like how easy it is to use CLIO (including CLIO Grow) from pre-client stage to setting up files, to timekeeping, to invoicing. It is pretty much seamless. I also really like the service I receive when I have questions.

Cons

I have trouble organizing the custom fields. I still have not figured this out.

Top Clio Alternatives

Uptime Cloud Monitoring

TimeSolv Legal Billing

Galen

Reviewed on 12/12/2023

Couldn't Live Without Clio Manage and Clio Grow

Excellent. I highly recommend Clio and it is worth the cost. I also appreciate the ongoing CLE opportunities, some of which are free.

Pros

Clio helped me hit the ground running when I opened my solo practice. Nearly every feature is user intuitive, and I have already been delighted to see Clio continue to upgrade its services in the two years I have used them. I couldn't survive (i.e. stay organized) without all of its features, billing, document e-signature service, and access to its partner, Proof for service of process.

Cons

Initially I was disappointed that Clio Grow and Clio Manage didn't "talk" to one another. I love Clio Grow to keep track of leads and potential clients, and I like the ability to transfer a file over to Clio Manage. I didn't like that they weren't truly in sync. However, Clio has worked to solve that pet peeve and is continuing to make improvements.

Reasons for Choosing Clio

No access to government system when opened own practice

Reasons for Switching to Clio

I was impressed by their sales presentation, the ability to track payments in the trust account and operating account, and it was highly recommended by a colleague I trust. She was not wrong. When another colleague opened her practice next door, I recommended Clio and she also loves it.
Jade

Great for Canadian Immigration practitioners

I've had a good experience overall with CLIO.

Pros

I looked at several case management systems for my immigration practice, it really checked all the boxes when it came to intake, client invoicing, and helping my remote team stay organized.

Cons

I don't have a lot to complain about, it is not a cheap solution so the pricing is high.

CaseEasy

Reasons for Switching to Clio

I liked that Clio organized the cases and integrated with Google drive and dropbox
Ana

Clio for Small Law Firm

Pros

It’s great to have everything all in one software

Cons

I wish they had a better way to communicate with clients within the software where the client can see all of the different matters and all of the real time status of billing and paperwork

Reasons for Switching to Clio

Clio just had more features all in one software
Lori

I highly recommend

Clio has saved me a lot of time and frustration. I highly recommend it to my colleagues.

Pros

Everything is all in one place. A matter can be managed completely within Clio.

Cons

The ineffectiveness of the Reports feature.

Leeza

Reviewed on 09/01/2024

Attorney review

Great for organization, and case management and keeping notes

Pros

User friendly. Can basically teach yourself how to use it.

Cons

Hard to save documents onto it. I still use the CLIO drive on my desktop

Tracie

Reviewed on 10/01/2024

Phenomenal customer service

Pros

The sales representative was awesome and knowledgeable. The online customer help is top notch. They are always willing to jump onto a zoom and share screen to see exactly where I am having issues or need more clarification on how to work a process.

Cons

I had to wait about 3 weeks to get into my training. With that being said, the customer service help was excellent and allowed us to get our bills done and out prior to training.

First time user

Pros

Ease of use
Seamless integration with Google Workspace
Like the app integrations

Cons

Needs AI
Needs better historical invoicing abilities
Needs better contact syncing
Needs more tutorials on Clio Grow

Marie

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Clio Review

My overall experience has been positive. There are plenty of resources for day to day activities and for more complex matters the live support has been indispensable. I find it easy to navigate and learn.

Pros

Initially it was a better system overall than the systems we were trying to make fit our needs (Timeslips and Sharepoint). Subsequently, the updates that are implemented by the development team when there is an obvious need or lack identified.

Cons

I did not like that the billing of outstanding balances was not automated during billing runs to capture all outstanding balances so anyone who does not have a current bill still gets a bill when I do not enter a start time as a filter option. I also do not like that I have to clean up so much on the Quickbooks Online end of a Retainer transfer, especially after a billing run when its many clients at once, it creates a lot of work in the Retainer in Trust register in QBO.

AbacusLaw

Reasons for Choosing Clio

In Timesplips we were having trouble with transfers and keeping track of the data that was not integrating into Quickbooks Desktop smoothly. We also wanted to switch to QBO but they do not integrate. There were system failures that created "broken AR's". The customer service was never immediate, I've spent many hours on hold or on the phone with someone who did not seem to care. It seemed like there was always something that would come up and the customer support was so bad that I would rather try to fix the problem myself or ignore the problem(unless it was timely) until I couldn't anymore. We only started using Sharepoint because Timeslips did not have an office management aspect of the software and it was not economical nor easy to set up, we ended up spending more money on a Sharepoint technician than a year subscription to Clio.

Sage Timeslips

Reasons for Switching to Clio

Price difference I believe, but I honestly don't remember if there were other reasons as well.
Justin

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

What I Like Most About Clio

Clio had a long learning curve. That said, any software that has wide capability will have a long learning curve. However, the support team has been very helpful. It does not work for me to try to read articles to learn how to use the system, I appreciate being able to get someone on the phone or on chat who can simply show me how to do what I want to do.

Pros

As a solo practicing attorney for almost a quarter century, tracking time, preparing and sending out bills has been my least favorite activity, and the place where I have lost revenue and had upset clients. My experience is that clients don't appreciate it when bills are sent timely or when they receive billing after six to twelve months of work - they really prefer regular billing.

Clio has revolutionized the billing and collection part of my solo practice environment. Now that I have learned how to create clients and matters and to input time, it is a simple once a month task to create professional monthly client bills which I can print and snail mail, email, or send with the LawPay connection and the client can "click through" the email bill to pay with credit card.

Cons

I cannot figure out how to set up or use the form template function. When I have tried it does not really work and I have stopped trying to use this. I would very much like to create some form engagement letters.

My work is mainly transaction, not so much litigation. At first it was difficult to figure out how to prepare a nice looking flat-fee for a project type bill. However, with the updates I have been able to customize bills to have both hourly fee bills and flat-fee bills.

Rosalinda

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Very easy to use

It makes part of my job easier.
1.Attorneys are much more comfortable going into Clio by themselves to enter their time or find information/reports instead of having to wait and rely on me to do it.
2.It's much easier and faster to quickly generate reports that split Time (by keeper) and Expenses.
3.Monthly billing goes by much smoother, invoices go out faster, payments are received much faster than if by mail. Attorney's are happier. : )
4.Clients like to be able to receive email with link to process payments online.

Pros

Time entries can be imported by batch. Trust Requests and Bills can be emailed w/payment link directly from Clio. Past Due Bills can be "shared" with a coupled clicks versus printing out and mailing or using another app to email it.

Cons

1. When looking at a past due bill (and additional bills have been issued and remain unpaid for that same matter) the Outstanding Balance on the Statement of Account section will update and include the balance due for that matter as of the current date + any open Trust Replenishment requests instead of the balance due for that invoice + the balance due of all invoices issued previously to that one.
2. Evergreen Retainers - I keep getting calls from clients saying they can't view the "Shared" invoice when I have applied Trust funds that covered the whole balance. They can see the Trust Request to replenish funds used/applied to an invoice, but they can't see the actual invoice and review what was billed. I have to print the invoice to PDF and go to my email app and send from there.
3. I would like to see a report that shows that various billing rates per timekeeper for each client/matter.

Sean

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Best feature set available

Very positive; I love the software.

Pros

Clio integrates with so much other software to make your life easier that is just can't be beat. Saving emails via Outlook, generating document templates, collecting e-signatures on engagement agreements—whatever you need, Clio has it.

I can also run billing, monitor bill payments, and overall run the entire law firm with minimal effort, minimal time commitment, and with confidence that everything is running smoothly.

Cons

There are some smaller points that can drive you insane. For example, you cannot customize the look of the emails that go out when you share matters, bill, etc. with your clients. If you—like me—transition from a solo practitioner to running a small law firm, you will eventually need to open new bank accounts. Clio will not let you eliminate the old bank accounts and start from scratch. You can't even force the old bank accounts to be otherwise "invisible" to the system so that you cannot accidentally record money moving into a defunct account. This is a minor complaint, but man does it drive me insane.

I also still want to see a task assignment that allows me to set a supervisor for each assigned task.

PracticePanther Legal Software, MyCase and Rocket Matter

Reasons for Switching to Clio

Much better integrations with 3rd parties and a willingness to continue adding new integrations.
Eileen Noon

Reviewed on 02/01/2020

Why I find a Clio essential

Terrific.

Pros

Why I find a Clio essential Is as a sole proprietor of a small business, Clio operates as my check and balance. The small law firm I was at prior to going on my own used Clio and while I do not use all the features because I do mostly appointed work, the features I do use are essential on assuring me I am on top of my game 99.44% of the time.

Cons

As a very busy person, what I like least about Clio is it operates as a reminder to me that I could probably do a lot more if I ever took the day or two to get all the educated on how to do some of the things I do in a rather long handled manner. I am 60 years old and have been a lawyer for 33 years. I recommend Clio to many of the young lawyers I know just starting out or only a few years in the practice to help them ensure themselves they’re keeping track of their time, their appointments, their clients etc. I point out any problem I’ve ever had with Clio was quickly addressed and fixed and that I couldn’t be happier. I have to tell them that if I was them and had their computer skills and knowledge this thing would operate all necessary prompting for me I have to tell them that if I was them and had their computer skills and knowledge this thing would operate all necessary prompting for me.

Matt

Reviewed on 08/12/2022

Best in class

I operate an entirely virtual law practice. Keeping all of my workflows and processes in the same ecosystem helps ensure consistency and efficient operations.

Pros

The single best part about Clio is the user interface. You can't overestimate the drain on your organization and your end-users by poor UX design. Clio is intuitive to use, and easy to customize. Their chat support is the best of any product I've used, in any category.

Cons

The in-app document management isn't great. It's good enough, but most users will want to integrate with an existing DMS.

CosmoLex and Actionstep

Reasons for Choosing Clio

Cosmolex had a less intuitive UI and didn't allow for batch changes, which makes it hard to iterate and improve. Actionstep has great automation potential, but didn't allow me to charge a second sales tax which is mandatory in my jurisdiction.

CosmoLex and Actionstep

Reviewed on 24/02/2023

Great all around product with open API

Clio has been great and this is likely the last case management software we will ever use.

Pros

There is no such thing as a perfect legal case management software. There is nothing that is going to do everything the way you want it and Clio is no different. However, clio has numerous thrid party integrations. If this software doesn't do something there is probably something else out there that will fill in the gaps. However, what really makes clio great is its easy to use Open API. I have a saying with automation. Where there is a will there is a way and this API makes that possible. If there is something you want to have done or want to automate Clio's open API makes it possible.

Cons

There reporting could use some work although they have made some improvements. Some of their bigger improvements can take a lot of time. However, there are always making consistent and regular improvements. It does seem like at times they will make a partial release but complete release or complete functionality can take a back seat.

CosmoLex, MyCase, Actionstep, Tabs3 and Centerbase

Reasons for Choosing Clio

Amicus Attorney got bought by Abacus Next and service went downhill. There were MANY improvements that were needed to the product but they were slow to update and there were a lot of integrations and features missing. I switched to clio because I knew I could get it to do what I wanted within reason by use of integrations and their open API.

Amicus Attorney

Reasons for Switching to Clio

The easy to use open api and robust list of thrid party integrations
Jim

Reviewed on 11/04/2023

Clio Review 2023

Pros

I liked that out of the box, it was very easy to implement and get started. When we first started with Clio, all of our practice management was done via paper and handwritten. Immediately, Clio made it easier to find cases and keep track of all the different matters. I like that we can accept payments and it will automatically close out bills. With the addition of Clio Portals, it makes it much easier to communicate with clients and keep everyone involved on the same page.

Cons

After the out-of-the-box implementation, there is not much to improve our workflows. I would like to see some enhancements that allow users to break from the same workflows and have logic and other efficiency tools for their practice. Not all law firms only practice in one area, and it would be nice to have the ability to have a matter format for a practice area when that practice area is selected. Once the practice area is selected, it should be able to only show areas that pertain to that practice area, reducing the errors of missing information or having the wrong information. I wish that Clio Payments could have similar functionality as LawPay, allowing refunds on trust payments. I do not like how restrictive the software is when trying to create different fields and areas that work best with our firm. It would be nice if emails could be built into Clio so that we are not having to search back and forth. I would like to see Clio Manage and Clio Grow merged, and some of the features of Grow enhanced into Manage. (Scheduler, workflows, etc.)

Reasons for Switching to Clio

While others had better out-of-the-box start-ups, Clio showed better growth opportunities along with easier implementation for users.
Gary

Reviewed on 04/09/2018

Clio Is The Best

I have not had a single issue with Clio. I have used it now for three years. My bills look sharp and the time/activity record keeping is flawless, which helps when I have to push to get paid. The trust accounting is redundant and airtight. I am looking forward to developing my practice and I know that Clio is expanding its range of functions at a rate faster than any of my needs. Clio is leading the industry in coordinating with third party vendors (Lawpay, Outlook etc) to make Clio even more functional and efficient.

Pros

There is much to like about Clio. Their customer support is first rate and comprehensive. For example, learning to manage trust accounting and the creation of regular client invoices are critical and time sensitive activities. During my first year with Clio, I would call customer service at the end of each month as I encountered small mistakes I made in billing or accounting. Clio was always there willing to patiently walk me through my steps to help me fix my errors. The billing and accounting features are redundant and it is almost impossible to make a mistake that cannot be fixed. Time entry is simple and efficient.

Cons

I love the ease of use with respect to creating bills and managing trust accounting. On a different level, I have confidence that Clio is on the cutting edge of technology and software developments. As is evidenced by their annual conference, Clio is a leader in the industry. My investment in time learning this platform will continue to pay dividends as I mature as a solo practitioner. I am a veteran litigator but I recently opened my own practice. Clio has been the one indispensable tool to my new practice.

Steven

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

Very Satisfied

Very satisfied; excellent product.

Pros

Easy to use -- calendaring, opening new matters, time entries, notes, billing. I like the interface, the way it looks. Program includes trust accounting. Can include/integrate credit card billing as an option which I did, and works well. Have used Law Pay for a while and it integrates through Clio. Send out invoices through Clio, client can click on button to make credit card payment, and have option to have program automatically apply to open invoices when payment comes in -- get email notifications of payments. Very satisfied with the program -- does what I need and enjoy using.

Cons

I don't think it's a negative factor, but don't use the mobile app much, for whatever that means. Tend to just check my iphone calendar (I use Office 365 to integrate, other options also I think like Google to integrate -- Clio integrates with Office 365 and iphone calendar will show Office and Google calendar events). There is a new beta version of the mobile app available for use that looked at today and I like -- I could see using that to make entries if I need while out of the office, but usually just do all of that at my computer in the office.

Ashley

Reviewed on 22/03/2017

Better for new attorneys

If you're not used to a system, this can be made into a good system for you. There are a lot of functions missing--like being able to track time associated with flat fee activities (so you can't track productivity or if you do, you can't print out your billable hours without some discussion to the ethics board). You can track e-mails and phone calls, but not faxes, letters, or text messages. You can set tasks for others that you can update, but the update doesn't get sent to the other person. You can set pop-ups on your calendar for yourself, but not for other people. You can track the budget of a case, but not the running total of transactions or expenses. You can integrate with Quickbooks, but you have to import and export the information--the information does not flow freely between the two. The calendar has all of the same pitfalls as Google Calendar because it is Google calendar but with some functions missing. You can upload and download documents, and you must do that in order to save any changes with Clio (unless you pay for HIPAA-compliant Google Drive Professional). Your receptionist has to separately capture phone messages from your client to you because only you can have conversations. Wandering between the conversations page and the logs page means that you will always end up back in the Matters tab. If you're trying to capture a phone call with a person not in the system you have to exit the phone call and lose all of the information to enter that person before you can save the conversation to a file. It's not customizeable. There are some pros over Amicus but many features I miss (such as being able to track time directly with the phone call, including the time the call was initiated) but it has good parts about it. If you're into nitty-gritty capturing of information and you have the time to invest it can be a good platform but trying to teach established attorneys how to rework their legal practice around it is difficult.

Pros

It's online.
The timer can be stopped and started easily.

Cons

I spend about two (2) hours a day implementing workarounds to make the system work because it was not built for family law practice or file review. It's a good backup system but it's nothing very reliable unless you're willing to invest the time into making it work.

Response from Clio

Hey Ashley,

This is all fantastic feedback and definitely provides some valuable insight into areas we can improve in order to make Clio work better for all attorneys out of the box. Any chance we could get you on a call with our product team so that they can hear your suggestions?

- Derek, Clio Community Manager

Replied 23/03/2017
Lee

Reviewed on 11/08/2017

I shouldn't have to call support every time I use a feature of the product.

Once started I was committed to use it until I have time to find a better alternative. Capterra.com was the primary tool I used to find Clio. I have concerns that the positive reviews are all fake.

Pros

Clio has the features I needed. I was fooled by the initial trial into thinking it would be a good fit for my firm. What use is a feature that is so complicated to find, use, and enable that I have to call support or Google how to make it work.

Cons

Nothing is intuitive, at first it seems like everything is going to work. Clio has all the features I wanted, or at least it seemed like it did. Once I used it for more than just the trial period, using it to manage my trust account, client billing, client communication, it just does not work. After using it for any length of time, the navigation gets tiresome and then frustrating. At every turn I find myself having to Google how to make it work. Sharing a document with a client requires several steps including typing in the client's contact info; instead of just clicking a button for share. Now my client can't enter a partial payment. What the heck? Prior to becoming an attorney I was a software engineer; I would have been embarrassed to put my name on such a product.

Frankly, I don't trust the myriad of positive reviews for this product, they can't be true.

Response from Clio

Hi Lee,

First of all, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. Hearing from our less-than-satisfied customers helps us determine what the best course of action is when improving our product.

I wanted to let you know that in a little over a month we'll be launching the first ground-up redesign of Clio in the 8 years since launch. The redesign will aim to improve customer experience and app navigation as a whole, and introduce a design built almost entirely off of our customer feedback.

Lastly, I wanted to assure you that all the reviews on this site are 100% accurate and come from real customers (such as yourself). Every customer's experience using Clio is bound to be different, but we encourage our customers to share honest and open feedback with us at every turn so that we can continue to evolve the world's most popular practice management software.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Derek Bolen
Clio Community Manager

Replied 15/08/2017
Candace
Candace

Reviewed on 16/03/2018

I have been so impressed with Clio. There is so much it can do and the customer service is...

There are too many to mention. I was only looking for conflict management software and didn't know if I needed a case management software because I am a solo attorney that is just starting out. It turns out that Clio does so much more. The timer feature lets you track work on different matters and easily switch to a different matter when a phone rings or interruption happens. You don't lost time. The billing is clean, neat and easy. After that you can move on to so many other options -- document automation, cloud storage, phone logs, email logs, quick and easy email drop. I have been here less than a year and I wouldn't switch. I am so pleased with Clio and how it makes the business end of practicing so much easier.

Pros

What is best? There is so much. The Dashboard (to see instantly how the I am doing, and for each client so I can see how much time and billing has occurred on each matter and easily find the information I need); Time keeping, invoicing, secured email, email drop (to easily put emails into client matters in Clio and free up inbox space, ) and DOCUMENT TEMPLATES with Custom Fields -- I have automated my engagement letter, a basic client letter, will forms, POAs, etc. It saves so much time. To write a letter and not have to look up an address or block/copy it is so nice. You generate the document and edit to start typing the body right away. It requires work on the front end but in the end it is worth it. Also, the customer service being one click on a chat icon away is great. They are so friendly and talked me through invoicing each month for the first few months.

Cons

The customer service and training videos are great but sometimes it feels like an Easter egg hunt to find out what all it can do. I spent the first 8 months just keeping time and doing invoicing. I knew it did other things but wasn't sure what and how. Once I started digging around I have been amazed at what all I have found. It has saved so much time and made things for a solo attorney so much easier. I am sold.

Peggy

Reviewed on 12/12/2023

It Doesn't Get Better Than Clio!

My experience with CLIO (both the product and the company) has been phenomenal. I have zero complaints. Clio is the foundation of our client management system and is therefore essential to running my organization. Beyond the product itself, Clio's customer service is next level. The staff are friendly, competent, and client-focused. In the several years I have been interacting with Clio staff (in-person and virtually) I have NEVER been treated like a number, dismissed, or ignored. If the representative I am working with cannot address the issue, they hand me off to someone who can. This speaks volumes to the character of the staff and the quality of the company itself.

Pros

What is not to LOVE about Clio? The platform itself is intuitive, efficient, and has become essential to effectively running my organization. Even features that have not been particularly relevant to my practice (non-profit sector) have either already been updated to be more relevant (Clio for Legal Aid) or are in the process of being updated.

Beyond the practicalness of the product itself, Clio is a company that is visably devoted to their staff, clients, and mission. Passion for the practice of law is one thing, passion for the humans who choose to practice law is another. Clio's client-centered approach sets them apart from their competition in this regard.

Cons

We have been using an ACCESS Database to process our claims (non-profit sector) for more than two decades. I would love to use the billing/invoice features offered through Clio but, they are not yet granular enough to fully transition us out of ACCESS.

Dess

Reviewed on 05/03/2023

Clio Payments is a bad business decision

Overall Clio has been great except lately with this huge problem I’m having with collecting client payments timely and also that Clio is giving my firm contact info out to all its third party providers. I’m getting frequent sales solicitations about Clio product integrations, by email and phone calls. Not happy about more solicitations and don’t see any way of stopping Clio from encouraging its partners from calling and emailing my firm (wasting resources).

Pros

Easy to switch from LawPay. Integrated easily with Clio (but so did LawPay). Supposedly lower fees.

Cons

Terrible turn around time for payments by credit card. 5-7 days! No explanation or customer service for the delays in processing time. Very difficult to switch back to LawPay - they make you schedule an appointment to talk to someone who takes your time to tell you how difficult it is to switch back to LawPay, plus they want you to cancel all your pending payments, which they didn’t require when switching from LawPay to Clio. No regular reporting or monthly statements - you have to figure out the reports on your own and calculate the fees charged yourself and download the transaction history periodically. The fees are deducted first before payments are made, which skews the income tracking for accounting purposes. I.e., the client payments from bills don’t match the bill amount. The customer service representatives have no power and don’t seem to care one way or another, though the sales reps cared about switching you over to Clio payments! Is Clio changing from a great company with real people who are concerned with helping law practices succeed to a mammoth company just concerned with its own bottom line? It’s starting to seem that way.

Response from Clio

Hi Dess,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience. A Support Specialist has reached out to talk through your concerns in more depth and hopefully resolve them for you.

In the meantime, here is some additional information regarding your feedback.

1. We do not share our customers' contact information with third-party providers. We also strive to only communicate relevant, useful information to our customers. That said, we've clearly missed the mark here and would like to work with you to adjust your communication subscriptions.

2. Clio Payments and LawPay have the same processing times. For both products, you'll typically see credit card payments processed in 1-2 business days*. Here are some resources:
- *Clio Payments Credit Card Processing Times: https://support.clio.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409104905115-How-Long-Do-Credit-Card-Payments-Take-to-Process-with-Clio-Payments
- LawPay Credit Card Processing Times: https://supportcenter.lawpay.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034332251-Credit-card-processing-times

3. With Clio Payments, you have the option to get your transaction fees deducted in one lump sum each month, the same as with LawPay. Here are instructions but our Associate Solutions Specialist would also be happy to adjust that for you: https://help.clio.com/hc/en-us/articles/9285813698075-Clio-Payments-Fee-Schedules

Overall, we want you to know that we care deeply about the success of each of our customers. And we do not intend to make any of your requests more difficult than they need to be. We look forward to speaking with you and utilizing your feedback in our continued endeavour to provide the best-in-class service.

Replied 13/03/2023