Mailbird Reviews

About Mailbird

Mailbird is an email marketing tool that helps businesses of all sizes manage multiple accounts and enhance workforce productivity. It is a Windows-based solution that enables users to sync and centralize emails and contacts from...

4.2

Browse Mailbird Reviews

Masturah
Masturah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 17/08/2021

All my email in one place

I tried this software after having a problem to synchronized my email with the Outlook and have use it since then.

Pros

Best thing managing email with MailBird is, it can combine all of my email boxes in this single place and i can monitor and track all my email in here. I can search and filter the email that i want to find by the email address, or from all of the address easily. MailBird really is the best email manager software.

Cons

Some of the email server is not working well with this software. I tried to adding my Yandex email account, but the software keep showing error and can not complete the process. All other email server work perfectly with this software, but not Yandex Mail.

Reviewed on 24/02/2023

Unfortunately does not always send mail

In general when it works it is a good product, but it does not work consistently and is not reliable.

Pros

I like that all accounts are unified in one place. I can set up icons that help me identify an account at a single glance. The delayed sending feature is helpful and intuitive.

Cons

I have one account that consistently has problems sending mail with mailbird. There is no announcement that it does not send, instead it quietly slides that mail into drafts, and it is a nasty surprise to discover it did not go out. I have contacted customer service several times, they can find no error! On my last attempt they said my log file was too dangerous to open and I should try creating a new log file to send them, as the problem is not consistent it is hard to capture!!

Response from Mailbird

Hi Sarah, we're naturally sorry to learn of the problems you have been experiencing with Mailbird.

My colleague Shub (who you have been communicating with) still has your ticket 'On Hold' since February, as he is waiting to receive the server log from you which will help us diagnose the problem and offer up a solution.

We look forward to receiving it at your earliest convenience so that we can begin diagnosing the problem more accurately.

The Mailbird Team

Replied 13/04/2023
Clément

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

A software that keeps its promises until it doesn't.

Pros

Mailbird is very easy to use and actually better than Outlook on some aspects. I especially like the mailboxes management that lets us monitor our different mailboxes in one glance.

Cons

Unfortunately, the software can be overly simple and you sometimes find yourself looking for a feature that simply does not exist. The text processing is also quite catastrophic with erratic behaviour when it comes to formatting the text. But after all, why not? A simple product at an affordable price offering a good overall experience. Yes... But no. First of all, after 3 years of daily use I'm not sure I've seen any changes. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for not changing something that is not broken, but here’s the catch. Some things are actually obviously broken, such as the text formatting, and the team won't do anything about it. The worst for the end: as your mailbox starts to get a lot of messages, it will take longer and longer to send them. Sometimes you even have to restart the software and the message then get sent instantly. I have tried with Outlook and have not had this problem. I contacted them about it, but the guy was completely lost and his best idea was eventually to uninstall and reinstall the software or... Delete my messages! As I write this comment, I can see how my grief is getting the better of this review. It could be a great mailing software, but has set itself up to be average with bugs that make it mediocre. Mailbird, if you are reading this, please fix your software. I love you, but it's getting complicated.

Response from Mailbird

Hello Clément,

We're naturally sorry to hear of your negative experience with Mailbird.

Oftentimes, issues affecting Mailbird are not directly related to Mailbird - whenever emails take an abnormally long time to be sent/received, we would need to understand whether external factors are at play, such as an antivirus or security software throttling Mailbird's ability to connect to an email server.

Certain email servers which our customers use are known to be problematic across a range of email clients (e.g. Dovecot).

Other elements can also play a role in Mailbird's functionality, such as not having the latest Windows components or updates installed on one's device (or worse still, these could be corrupted or in conflict due to some other software).

I tried to find your Support Ticket but I lack sufficient information to do so - if you don't mind reaching out to us again (marking it for my attention), I would like to look into your problems further.

Apologies once again.

Oliver

Replied 02/12/2022

Top Mailbird Alternatives

Stacy
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 15/09/2019

Inbox zero!

Mailbird gives me what other desktop email programs didn't, a chance to stay on top of my emails. It's fast and with the unified mailbox, emails don't get lost in the shuffle. When my team first switched, we were able to import all the email settings from the other mail program we were using. Setup was instant!

Pros

The best thing about this software is the unified inbox. I have twelve email addresses, and when using other similar desktop email software, I would have to click on each email address to view the inbox of each. With this, it combines all the new email together, which helps to keep on top of all my emails.

Cons

The desktop software is spot on, it is hard to find a fault. My only wish is that there was a mobile version of this software for my phone.

eM Client

Reasons for Choosing Mailbird

Outlook has been around a long time, and it's not a bad email program, if you are only using it for one email address, but if you have multiple email addresses, like myself and my team, then it quickly became a hassle.

Reasons for Switching to Mailbird

Honestly, the unified inbox was a huge selling point, but the customization options also helped me decide. Mailbird also has several useful integrations available, which allows us to not only stay on top of our emails, but also our social media accounts and more!
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 16/02/2023

Very happy I made the switch from Hey

I haven't been using it for too long but I like it way more than Outlook and think paying once for a lifetime license to the client is a great model that's not too common nowadays.

Pros

The ability to consolidate all of my email addresses AND calendars in a single email client with both, powerful integrations AND the ability to make it barebones enough so that it can be a tool for focusing is fabulous.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything bad to say about it for disciplined people. If you're not disciplined, you might have some problems because you can integrate basically any messaging platform with the client and that could end up causing an unlimited amount of distractions.

Reasons for Choosing Mailbird

I only used Outlook for my Exchange accounts and Hey for my Hey account but they didn't quite satisfy me. Searching for alternatives online I found that Mailbird was focused on productivity and had several features that the other two didn't so I have it a try and found it much, much better.

Microsoft Outlook and Hey

Reasons for Switching to Mailbird

I've used Thunderbird in the past and find that the interface is very outdated.
Wiktor

Reviewed on 09/06/2023

Great Mail Manager, Not-Great Search Option.

It helped me with organizing my emial with other software, note takings, calendar, tas managing etc. On the other hand, due to the poor search/filter option it did not help me with client communication, because i had problems with finding whole conversation with specific client.

Pros

Speed, design, integration with third party software. I hold mail managment, organization, delivery status, character of notifications in a high regard. I would recommend this product for those who like elegant design and subtle notifications.

Cons

Search/filter feature is definately the worst part of MailBird. It works especially bad at large noversation, when you send one email to large group of nondisclosed recepients. MailBird groups it in one big conversation, and when the responder send response e-mail it is hard to find it later.

Reasons for Choosing Mailbird

ThunderBird had problems with itegrating different accounts

Reasons for Switching to Mailbird

Elegant design, good third-party integration, price, multiple accounts integration.

Response from Mailbird

Hi Wiktor,

Many thanks for your feedback - we're working on improving our search and filter functionalities. We realise that some customers would like more options, and we will do our best to deliver them in due course.

Thanks for using Mailbird, and for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Replied 26/06/2023
Jeremy

Reviewed on 25/05/2020

Mailbird Is A Fantastic Software for Managing Multiple Email Accounts

I have more emails than any human being should have. Mailbird has helped me to tame this monster and saved me a TON OF TIME doing it. Thank you Mailbird!

Pros

I love the unified account that allows me to view an inbox for all of my email accounts. The emails are then color coded so I know who it's being sent to. My other favorite feature is being able to click an email and have all emails from the same sender provided immediately in list format. This allows me to quickly empty my emails and overcome inbox overwhelm =)

Cons

There are no cons on this software that I have found personally. If I could request one feature, it would be to match the categorization of emails like you see in Gmail. At least provide the option to have your categories match how Gmail sorts them and/or provide a filtering option to either view or not view those emails in those categories such as newsletters, financial, etc.

Azizur
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 09/06/2023

The email client MailBird is very simple to use.

It's easy to customize MailBird. I have the ability to alter both the client's appearance and how it functions.

Pros

I can handle several email accounts from one location using MailBird, a desktop email client. It works with both Windows and macOS.I can complete tasks quickly because to the clear and simple UI and the abundance of keyboard shortcuts.

Cons

Only Mac OS X and Windows support MailBird. No mobile app exists.Occasionally, MailBird can be sluggish, especially if I have a large number of accounts and messages.

Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Choosing Mailbird

Outdated functions and an antiquated user interface.

Reasons for Switching to Mailbird

Users who want an economical, feature-rich, and user-friendly email client might choose MailBird.
Roman
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Reviewed on 20/11/2022

Bailbird for manage multiple accounts

Good app, and good value for money. Still has some features to be improved

Pros

It does a great job of managing multiple accounts. I use it for my work and my private account and it is very helpful to see both of them in one app. Especially it works well in calendar add-on. Another important thing to note is the variety of add-ons like messengers or task-managing apps

Cons

The functionality of filters is a bit low. When switching accounts in add-on apps, it doesn't permit opening two or more accounts simultaneously. Sometimes the calendar app doesn't refresh automatically and customer support didn't help with it

Wendy
Wendy

Reviewed on 14/07/2018

I love that I can pull in multiple email accounts into 1 unified view to easily manage all my...

This software saves me many hours per week performing email management tasks. By pulling all my email into a single unified interface, I can process emails as soon as they come in and not get bogged down by email clutter.

Pros

The ability to pull in ANY email account that I have, from Yahoo, Outlook.com, Gmail, to any IMAP or POP email account. I have multiple email accounts and having them all in one interface is great. I can segregate them by clicking on each different email account icon, or I can view them all together in a single view, which I love. In addition, I can color code the messages from each account so even in unified view, I can still quickly and easily tell which email account they were sent to. I also like that you can pull in popular apps right into the interface like Facebook, WhatsApp, Dropbox, Google calendar, Feedly and a ton others so you don't have to leave this app to get a quick glimpse of what's going on in those other apps. Also it's free so that's a big plus.

Cons

There's a lot of options and integrations which can seem a bit overwhelming to first-time users. And it can be tricky setting up non-standard (Yahoo/Gmail etc.) email accounts. But once you get it all set up and start using it, it's amazing!

Juanita
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 09/03/2024

Lifetime Licence, lasted less than 10 months

Shocking, bad, not good, got ripped off big time, help non existent

Pros

Easy to read and set up, able to display emails in the order that is best suited to you.

Cons

Search function totally useless, settings function useless, unable to transfer any of the email data away from mailbird, you have to pay for a third party app to fulfill this when you want to leave. Getting hold of anyone for help on anything impossible, unless you wish to purchase, they are very quick to jump on that one.

Response from Mailbird

Hi Juanita,

We're naturally sorry for the disappointment caused - however I can see that we have replied to each and every one of the support requests which you created:

- Ticket #496706 (created yesterday).
- Ticket #489238 (created Jan. 6th 2024).
- Ticket 462518 (created Apr. 11th 2023).
- Ticket #462013 (created Apr. 6th 2023, which you rated positively).

You stated that our customers must pay for a third-party app - this is incorrect, since we have built a tool to export data for free. More information can be found here: https://support.getmailbird.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013591887-How-to-Use-Mailbird-Export-Tools

While we are sorry that we could not implement the search functions that you requested, we did acknowledge your feature request and provided you with prompt replies. We receive countless feature requests for all sorts of improvements and functionalities, and we do our very best to prioritise new features or improvements based on the level of interest they receive.

Replied 12/03/2024
Adrian

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

It's great to have options

I'm a long term Microsoft proprietary software user, like most other people, and it is scary to see, year after year, how little they care about what they put out there.
Nothing I ever purchased from Microsoft worked as expected out of the box (Windows, Office, SQL, Surface Pro, SurfaceBook) - I spend almost as much time googling unhelpful error messages and trying to fix their unfinished products as I do using their products.

After a streak of problems with Outlook and many hours wasted trying to make it work as intended, I found Mailbird, which had a free plan at the time. I installed it on both my Surface Pro and Windows PC as a back-up email client for when Outlook crashed. As you would expect, I've had many opportunities to use Mailbird. It felt like Mailbird was designed by people who actually use email - which was definitely a breath of fresh air.
A week later, I bought a license (although Exchange wasn't supported at the time) to support them on this journey.
I still depended on Outlook for the Calendar integration, but having something that 'just works' as an alternative for everything else did make my suffering bearable.

Support is spot-on: they don't insult your intelligence by telling you to run 'sfc /scannow' each time you have a problem. Unlike most others *cough* they are knowledgeable about their product and very helpful on each occasion.

I have nothing but love for the underdog.

Pros

+ Not made by Microsoft

+ Beautiful interface
+ Intuitive
+ Customisable

Cons

- Can only choose font sizes from a static list (Font size 11 is not available)
- Cannot scroll through the body of an email with mouse middle click

Taylor

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Mailbird is a great non-MS alternative to Outlook.

Extremely happy. I use it everyday, I've sent the 'try me out' link to my coworkers because I love the program so much, which I almost never do. Try it out, see if it's for you. Email clients are often deeply personal things, and it's hard to quantify why one 'works' for you but not another. In this case it worked very well and I highly recommend giving it a try.

Pros

I love the clean design, the robust interoperability between POP and other email formats. It's extremely customizable with a good-sized ecosystem of add-on extensions and tools such as a Calendar app, a Toggl app for tracking time, and even one for Todoist to manage tasks.

There are 'folders' for organizing (as opposed to 'tabs' like Gmail has, which has always sort of conceptually lost me.) It docks to the desktop well and unobtrusively, in addition to many little things that just make it a great user experience.

The cost was absolutely phenomenal; I forget exactly what I paid but I got an amazing deal on a lifetime license last year, and I've never regretted the purchase.

Cons

This is more a gripe about email clients in general; it does not have the ability to define 'rules', which is the one thing that kept me in Outlook far longer than I ever should have. This is something that is pretty rare to find in email clients as a whole, so it's not a huge knock on Mailbird. It would be really nice though someday!

Joel
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

Lifetime pay once not honored

I purchased the Mailbird lifetime pay once software in 2019, since then I have always had access to all updates as was the company's commitment to pay once. Now in version 3 the company wants new payment, including an annual fee. This breaks the conditions established by them and is an unfair attitude on the part of the company.

Pros

Software with good features and that works quite well

Cons

Terrible customer service with standard responses and no resolution of issues. Unhonest company attitude in unilaterally changing the conditions under which they made the sale.

Kimary

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

Dissatisfied. Took a few weeks to experience many program deficiencies & they refused to...

Very disappointing. Did much work to set up folders and bring over saved e-mails and get all my contacts transferred just to find Mailbird lacking basic features that have been around for over a decade in other FREE emails.

Pros

Now that I've switched I've found more deficiencies in their design than good. I guess the best so far was customer service helped my husband figure out how to import my 900 contacts from my former Live Mail. And their service reps are pleasant and easy to understand but they can't help you much because the program is so limited. But they are very pleasant when they tell you "Mailbird can't do that" to most the service requests I've made.

Cons

If you do a search of your e-mails you cannot erase in search mode. Meaning once the temporary need to retain emails on a certain topic expires you can search and SEE the dozens of emails you are now ready to erase but you can't erase them. One must write down all the dates or just manually scroll through to erase ONE AT A TIME. Major program flaw. Also you can't decrease the amount of space between returns, & there is no condensed font so if you compose things people will need to print out it will annoyingly take extra paper and ink to print. The bottom line is that my former FREE email was capable of so many basic things mail bird is not capable of and took more than a little over 14 days to experience each limitation as I had need to use the feature. So now I have to waste the money I paid for Mailbird and go to a more progressed e-mail design and I'm not even done moving everything to Mailbird yet.

Ninos
Ninos

Reviewed on 03/12/2021

After trying different email clients, MailBird is our choice

Overall i'm happy with MailBird..
It's easy to manage multiple email accounts (Google, Hotmail, and SMTP..)
It has all the right features, and it's clean UI..
Coming from Outlook.. it's a fresh experience.

Pros

I like that it's light-weight, compared to Outlook which I've been using for years.

Mailbird makes connecting accounts easy, has integrations with different apps, (whatsapp, messenger, Slack..) and recently native Grammarly integration.

When conducting a search, the search view remains saved as a "folder tab" to easily access it . Unlike Outlook, once you navigate away, the search result disappears.

Deleting an open conversation will delete the email from the inbox.. Outlook doesn't do that.
I find this useful when quickly going through several emails.

Cons

* I wish they would develop a mobile app version of MailBird!
* Not able to customise the display font-size.. (not Email typography)

Deb

Reviewed on 17/01/2020

If you are new to email, ignore my review. If you are very used to Outlook AVOID this product.

I am frustrated every day and wholeheartedly regret that I did not invest in the program that I was used to, Outlook. I tried to cancel and get back my investment, but I was two weeks too late. I got a note back from a manager basically saying, too bad for you...

Pros

If you are new to email, ignore my review, you probably like the many positive features of the program and do not know or will not be bothered by my Cons. Like many reviewers said the program is beautiful, colorful, and has a nice video game feel. The icons are easy to understand and work quickly within the program.

Cons

If you are a 20 year MS Outlook user like me, I don't care how cute my email is, I need it to be functional. Frustration starts in that the inbox scrolls in the opposite direction of most everything else on the internet. Adds a step. Replied to emails disappear into the sent message and I can only retrieve them by opening up my server page. Adds several steps. There is no advanced search. The search function is incapable of searching only one folder (e.g. inbox only) so to clean out my inbox ADDS SEVERAL STEPS.

Christian
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Easiest and most full featured e-mail manager that I've found.

Pros

Customer support is good. They are constantly making improvements. When I purchased, I had the option to buy it for life. The program easily manages all of my e-mail accounts. The settings for the program and for individual accounts are extensive. My favorite feature would have to be how easy it is to setup accounts. Many programs (especially from Microsoft) require a person to know all of the right settings. You can certainly edit those in Mailbird, but often don't need to.

Cons

There are periodic glitches with updates. The latest was the inability to scroll through messages using the mouse wheel. These things often get fixed eventually, but they are usually simple things that I use regularly so it is a nuisance. Many of the symbols are confusing. Not a big deal once you learn the product, but they aren't intuitive.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

Very easy to use cheap mail exchange for desktop

Pros

-Very easy to use
-Gmail keyboard shortcut just makes the email reading in a breeze.
-Easy to manage accounts.
-Nice dashboard and design.
-Integrations allow users to not leave the app so you can see your calendar and docs.
-Undo sent email is a lifesaver.

Cons

-Search option is not good. It needs to improve.
-The attachments are stored separately and cannot edit when you open them. This loses us time when we edit or sign a paper.
-Limited background and color options.

Nicholas
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

One of the best clients on Windows

I've tried a number of clients before settling with this one. I heard Thunderbird is among the most popular, but it's nothing compared to Mailbird. I love using it.

Pros

Linking different e-mails is easy, as is sending from different e-mails. The search availability is useful, and I like how it displays your most recent search history. It has also a friendly interface - not too cluttered, but not over simplified either.

Cons

With the updated availability to review Google Sheets/docs directly in the e-mail, this limits my ability to multi-task, i.e., I cannot review other e-mails while viewing a Google Sheets document. I find myself often copying the link and then pasting it in my browser instead, because there's currently no way to 'opt out' of this option.
I would like to be able to categorize my 'starred' emails.
The availability to access your two most recent searches, rather than one, would make it more useful.

Rafa
Rafa
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 04/07/2023

All your email accounts and your social networks on a single screen

It saves me a lot of time, seriously.

Pros

It greatly streamlines the task of managing my professional contacts on a day-to-day basis. It has become an essential app for me.

Cons

Perhaps the speed of operation is a bit of a weak point of this software. Although by no means is it serious enough not to use it. When this aspect is improved it will become, in my opinion, the market leader.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Mail client with the right functions

Love it and going to use it continuously

Pros

Before mailbird i have tired almost all the mail clients which available online of cause for free to try and free ones but i ended up using and buying mailbird coz they have understood what the user needs form an email client. You can add almost all your IMAP emails but not restricted to other protocols as well. Other thing is not loaded with too much functionality but the right and most needed ones. You can use collaboration tools inside the mailbird which is good feature.

Cons

Nothing at the moment.. had a minor issue with win10 regarding to resolution...but not a big deal.. i thinks its not mailbirds problem

Gary
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 05/07/2023

Mailbird, not too bad, but there are better ones out there

Generally ok. I will not renew Mailbird no matter how low the price until they have a decent filtering system and the ability to simply delete emails.

Pros

Relatively easy to use and set up. has good unification of accouonts

Cons

1- this is a disaster! The emails keep returning and I have to go through hoops to TRY and delete them. 2- the email filtering system

Philip
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

THE BEST EMAIL CLIENT THERE IS, WITHOUT DOUBT

10/10 Seriously. Stop vacillating and get Mailbird.

Pros

I've used pretty much all of them over the last thirty years. Mailbird is far and away the best. Pure and simple. Easy to set up. Supremely functional. Clean and delightful. You will love it. I have many email addresses and many personalities - easy for Mailbird. You won't be disappointed, even if you have Gmail already!

Cons

I can't think of any cons about Mailbird. I have never said, 'Oooh, I wish Mailbird had this." This is a superb product. Superb, I tell you.

Eric
Eric
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

I love this email client!

Mailbird help me organize my various email accounts and gives me the ability to have them all in my place. This really provides easy access to my mails, help me quickly access and send emails and ensures I don't miss any emails.

Pros

The first then I'll mention is that Mailbird us pretty easy to use.
Another thing is the various add-ons that can be enabled. They make the user experience even more satisfying.
I also like that there's a dark mode. It makes it easy to use it at night.
The snooze option is another feature I love and use quite often.

Cons

I've never had any issues with this software. Works perfectly for me.