iSpring Suite Reviews

About iSpring Suite

iSpring Suite is a robust authoring tool for creating eLearning content. It is integrated into PowerPoint, so the interface is user-friendly. In the familiar PowerPoint environment, you can turn your presentations into learning...

4.9

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 18/09/2020

Excellent Tool - Always Improving

Pros

Cost effective and simple to use vs the competition.

Cons

XLIFF translations. Web based creation tools are less developed than Articulate - but that does depend on you need and use case.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Richard,
Thank you for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! It's great to hear that you are happy with iSpring solutions and the service that we provide!
Keep up the great work :)

Replied 23/09/2020

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Best value for an authoring tool

Overall, it is a great product within the world of authoring tools. It seems that most have a bit of 'clunkiness' associated with them. In my opinion, iSpring has the least and is the best value.

Pros

The ease of use is what I like the most! I have been able to train people easily on how to use it, and it is intuitive. I also appreciate the recent prompt support that I had as some videos were exporting funny. It was all resolved within 24 hours of opening the ticket over the weekend.

Cons

The only piece that I don't like from this software is how the interactions and quizzes are not cloud-based. We are a cross functional team that collaborate on courses, and this impacts our workflow.

Articulate 360

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

I trialed both iSpring and Articulate at the same time when selecting an authoring tool. Articulate created more errors, and is also not great for a cross-functional teams. Based on this, and the price point - iSpring Suite was the best value

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi, Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. We appreciate it tons. Our tech support team always puts clients first - it's amazing that you had a positive experience! As per your cons, if you use the latest version of our authoring tool, you can create a quiz online. Here are the instructions on how to do this: https://docs.ispringsolutions.com/ispring-space/creating-a-quiz-35652572.html As for interactions, thank you for sharing your feedback! I will forward your message to our Product Development Team as a feature request. We will make a note of it and consider adding it in future updates. Keep up the great work!

Replied 26/12/2022
Eileen

Reviewed on 13/01/2020

Buyer Beware

Because I cannot get any support from them unless I subscribe to their latest version for nearly the full price of the software, I have to give them one star. No support = no customer service. No customer service = bad policy.

Pros

The options offered for engagement and interest level.

Cons

If you do not repurchase this software yearly via their maintenance program, you get no support. No chat, no email, no online knowledgebase. I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am. To me, that is unethical. A company that does not support all versions of its software does not deserve to be in business. I checked my copy of Articulate 360, and they provided support to Articulate 13 released in, you guessed it, 2013. My version of iSpring is less than 2 years old. I'll be converting all of my elearning lessons to Articulate360 BECAUSE of their amazing support.

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

iSpring ran better on our LMS, but now that there is no support, we will switch to Articulate 360 which supports ALL versions of its software, and it is over 10 years old.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Eileen,
Thank you so much for your detailed review of iSpring products and service. We appreciate your taking the time to submit it here on Capterra.
As per your Cons, let me please note that for those who do not wish to continue with the Maintenance plan, we have a vast collection of helpful resources available online, such as video tutorials, help docs, articles, webinars, FAQs: https://www.ispringsolutions.com/support. We also have social media pages where anybody can ask our community any question about iSpring.
Those who do have maintenance plan, however, get immediate support via chat, phone as well as 24/7 email assistance.
Hope that helps!

Replied 06/02/2020

Top iSpring Suite Alternatives

Martha
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

Best training software out there!

Pros

The tech support is out of this world. They help me so quickly and send screenshots of exactly what I need to do when I get stuck.

Cons

I run multiple accounts and would like an easier single sign-in, so I don't have to log in and out of accounts all of the times.

Maja

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

Ispring Suite - My Experience and Recommendation

Overall, my impression of iSpring Suite is highly positive. I consider it an outstanding tool for creating various types of content, and I would gladly recommend it to anyone who is unsure about which program to choose.

Pros

iSpring Suite is truly an excellent program that provides me, as a designer, with a wealth of creative possibilities. The use of this program is extremely straightforward, allowing me to quickly turn my ideas into reality. Furthermore, I am impressed by the abundance of available templates, images, and characters that assist me in creating attractive content.

Cons

The program could benefit from littel bit more interactivity.

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

We choose iSpring Suite due to its cost-effectiveness compared to other software, and its user-friendly interface that makes it a breeze to use.
Roland
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 28/02/2024

ISpring Suite and Why I Love It

Excellent product. Ease of use cannot be over emphasized as long as you are familiar with Powerpoint.

Pros

The fact that ISpring Suite is a Powerpoint add-in means that I did not have to learn any new authoring product. It incorporates seamlessly.

Cons

I must sometimes work from home if sick or for other reasons. I have been unable to activate the product at home even though it is possible.

Lynsey
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 01/02/2024

Great customer service

Very easy to use, lots of helpful online guides and tutorials, also live help when you need it through the chat function.

Pros

Always help available through the chat icon, which is great when getting started :)

Cons

Nothing so far, I am a new user so there might be things in time.

Mitch
Mitch
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 24/11/2019

Great for eLearning Content Development

Easy to use. Good choice of features. Clearly they are dedicated to creating a quality product.

Pros

Thoughtful features nicely integrated into PowerPoint to enhance content for courseware.

Cons

Expensive, especially for a subscription. They should have a simpler, much-less-expensive version that can be used by non-devs to record audio into the PPT. Else a floating license that can be easily switched between computers with no limit to the amount of re-licensing.

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Much easier to use than Captivate, much larger feature set than Presenter. Excellent support.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Mitch,
Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We appreciate it greatly ;)
Hope it keeps serving you well!

Replied 28/11/2019
jeffrey
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 25/04/2024

Review of Ispring Suite/Market

Pros

Easy to use interface. Good support team.

Cons

I would like to see the PowerPoint Morph transition work when I publish scorm files

Emily
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 17/05/2024

Great product overall!

Pros

- user friendly with useful video tutorials
- great customer service
- intuitive, do not need to be an expert in content creation

Cons

The analytical piece is an add-on feature with eLearning that requires a subscription to utilize.

Ken

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

iSpring - Classroom to Rapid eLearning

My overall experience with iSpring is that it is a great tool for rapidly developing eLearning content, which is essential in these changing times where classroom-based course are rapidly want to move into digital learning.
The software caters for your individual level of expertise helping new developers to quickly publish their content, through to advanced, experienced developers to make the content sing and dance. Great product and would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Level of integration with PowerPoint, capturing all the functionlity, from animations and sequencing to triggers and interactivity.
My clients can be comfortable in the knowledge that they have a futureproof master file (in the form of PowerPoint), which they can easily find alternative developers to continue the good work. It also means they don't have to unravel their courses from a dedicated platform should they make the choice to switch.
The functionality built into Quizmaker, offers most of the question types you could realistically use.
The HTML5 publishing format is seemless with all the devices and browser that I have come across.

Cons

You have to be very careful about names and file paths, because it can easily get confused and then potentially delete the quiz files.

Adobe Captivate and Articulate 360

Reasons for Choosing iSpring Suite

PowerPoint, software UX, ease of use, flexiblity and futureproofing.

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Less complicated than the other two. It has stayed true to keeping PowerPoint as the base authoring tool. It has the potential, in the right hands to be much more powerful and fit for purpose than built-in LMS authoring solutions.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Ken,
Thank you very much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! It's extremely amazing to hear that you are so confident in iSpring tool that you'd recommend it to anyone :)
We hope iSpring keeps serving you well.
If any questions come up, please shoot a message to [email protected] - our specialists are always at your service!

Replied 23/12/2020
Annie
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 28/12/2021

iSpring promises and delivers - Tech support is so responsive & patient

Awesomeness. I already forgot the difficulties setting up. Because when I reached out at 3 am to "see" if someone would actually respond...they actually did!!! Tech support guy [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was on point. 5 out of 5 stars for him. Patient, professional, I'm not giving up till you get in attitude, and to my question of can you stay on the chat w/me till I'm in, no snide remark, but rather "I'm here w/you". Thanks a million!

Pros

Integration with my business visions and processes was seamless. The product is easy to use. I only had a little difficulty getting ispring suite and ispring space all coordinated and set up.

Cons

I only had a little difficulty getting ispring suite and ispring space all coordinated and set up. I would have preferred for someone to go in remotely and do it and then explain it to me. I kind of fell into a circular reference and was confused. But maybe I just didn't follow directions well with the initial emails...

Moodle

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Your webinars, your webpage, everthing that I read that came from you guys was not only informative it was already teaching me and showing me how I could make my course awesome with your product. Also displaying features such as the Dialog simulation, interaction, varied quiz choices, easy upload to YouTube and screen recording + video recording over the PP that could be imported...a-ma-zing! (Plus the ISpring Market--wow!!)

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Annie,

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. It means the world to us. It's great to hear that you are happy with the iSpring solution.

As per your Cons, I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing this issue. Could you please send more details to [email protected]? One of our specialists will be more than happy to look into your case.

Hope iSpring keeps serving you well :)

Replied 29/03/2022
Ashok

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

Awesome tool for Instructional Designers

Easy to work in collaborative environment with Knowledge Experts and Q.C. Dept. who does not have idea of ID concepts and technicality.

Pros

Knowledge experts can provide content in PowerPoint. No hassles of importing PowerPoint into another software. Look and feel is not lost. Collaboration is easy , Knowledge experts and Q.C. Department can work on the same PPT source file instead of working on a copy.

Cons

Nothing much but a few add-on's like animation timeline, layers and basic triggers would make the product still more awesome.

Articulate 360

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Output Quality, No need to import the slide decks. collaborative environment

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Ashok,
Thanks you so much for sharing your positive feedback about using iSpring :) We very much appreciate it and hope that it keeps serving you well!
As per your Cons, please forward them to [email protected]. One of our managers will be happy to look into them.

Replied 11/11/2019
Mario

Reviewed on 29/06/2016

Wonderful communication with a "click"

We have adopted iSpring since 2007 (then the brand was "FlashSpring Pro"), after a thorough comparative analysis with authoring tools available. We are always attentive to developments in other products (including open source and online services), but every year we reaffirm that we are using the best available on the market; iSpring Suite.

Pros

1) Ease of use, even for the production of didactic presentations with very complicated scripts and instructional designs.

2) Flexibility to "pack" the same interactive audiovisual object for all types of devices and operating environments with "1 click".

3) The high quality standard is achieved for multimedia presentations considering that we can very suitably adjust the settings of images, videos, audio and effects.

4) The excellent service and quick response technical support team. It's wonderful people with great human qualities and strong technical knowledge.

5) Has a fair selling price. In addition, iSpringsolutions provides reasonable discounts for upgrades to new versions.

6) We use iSpring Suite fun in our daily work. It's fun to build serious and delicate objects of learning and interactive communication presentations in the field of higher education, professional development of leaders of private enterprises, and training for technicians governmental organizations.

Cons

"The bee flies because she does not know you can not fly" (morphology and design contradicts all principles of aerodynamics); likewise, iSpring Suite is so powerful that many times we bring our computers to extreme limits of performance developed very complicated presentations ... The problem is not iSpringsolutions; the problem is our irrational claim that 1Gb :) is the same as 1 byte.

Smile (believe it or not) we did not find points against the level of development that has come iSprinsolutions with iSpring Suite and see that they have reached an very high fence to overcome.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Mario,
THANK YOU for sharing your wonderful, detailed and sincere feedback about iSpring! We are very grateful to have you with us for these years and appreciate a chance to get that kind of feedback from you!
Keep up you amazing work! Our support team is likewise amazed by you!

Replied 30/06/2016

Reviewed on 13/09/2016

It's great! and easier than expected! Yes! #LifeGetsBetter

At first I was doubtful this program like others that claim to convert Microsoft Powerpoint to HTML5. From the first evaluation version and trying a document it was clear this was not like the others. It integrates lovely into Powerpoint 2013 as an option at the top.
I was impressed further after practice attempts of the options when I gave it a very large powerpoint 'program' of nested loops jumping from over a 1000 slides! with over 12K MP3 HQ audio files embedded. It converted all slides and sound files of them correctly and by adjusting the publishing controls improving the compatibility it converted the MP3 files down to 192bps and created copies of the sound files correctly in another format. Later once I learnt the basics without support I started looking at the conversions to run on tablets both Android and Apple. After buying the license for iSpring I trialed the iSpring cloud as this is nearly the only official way to play HTML5 content and save for offline viewing. Now I admit this was all new and I had to contact support via email.. I tried a smaller document over about 300 slides with less sound files primarily because it would be quicker to publish, upload to the cloud and then download to apple device so circa 340Mb presentation. It works straight away viewing from an iPhone 6S and an older iPad. I would not have managed to do this if it was not for Max iSpring Consultant on one of those 'pop up' windows whilst I was searching on their website for more information. I thought hmm it would be just one of those robot automated help options or it was out of office hours and would not reply quick like other sites. To my surprise it was a real person! Very impressed! problem solved and will be suggesting we explore more what iSpring products can do for our needs.
I have to thank the consultants Irina Chirkova I have been bouncing questions to and this evening approx. 8:30pm I was trying at home to figure out how my presentation could be downloaded on iPads in real time whilst I had someone next to me with an iPad and iPhone trying to make it work. Having the 24/7 real person who knew the software perfectly was able to help so I could the next day email colleagues letting them know it's working was fantastic!

Pros

It does what it says, it's clear to understand and their technical support via email and on the website popup is fantastic! I cannot fault it.

Cons

I cannot think of anything at this time in regards to the iSpring package I use. Maybe ask in 6 months when I have had time to explore eLearning, Quiz and features by learning from the seminars/presentations I regularly get from iSpring.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello, Paul!
THANK YOU for your detailed and sincere feedback iSpring products and support team! We appreciate it a lot :)
We hope iSpring keeps serving you well and if there is anything we can help you with, please let us know!

Replied 15/09/2016
Jesse

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Great product! + horrible sales techniques for after purchase upgrade subscriptions :(

The product itself works very well, is easy to navigate, and tech support is excellent for your first year. If you don't expect to need tech support much after using the product - BEWARE!

Pros

This product offered us an affordable, easy to use tool to convert powerpoint lectures and audio files into formats best suited for offering our online courses. It has worked very well and produces high quality HTML5 files that render well across all devices. Initially, they also had excellent customer support during the sales/trial period and during the one -year of tech support included. more on that later...

Cons

At the end of our first year of use, the tech support that was included with the software expired. That was no problem at first as we knew how to use the software and it was working great. However, when we went to use the software after the IT expiration, iSpring was gone from our toolbar. We were prompted to purchase a ridiculously expensive subscription for ongoing tech support. The smallest plan given was substantially higher than the great price we got on a LIFETIME licenses. When I wrote customer support to find out how to continue using the product and why it had disappeared since I purchased LIFETIME licenses, they repeatedly told me they couldn't answer my question since I had not purchased the extended tech support plan. "What?! I purchased LIFETIME licenses, I don't need tech support, I need your product to continue working as it has." Eventually after much frustration, someone told me I had to reload the software with my license key. Seriously bad sales strategy.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Jesse,
As per your Cons, let me please note that whenever a customer contacts us regarding any installation matters we assist with no exceptions. As far as I can see you received a response with detailed instructions on resolving the matter via email on the same date you've contacted iSpring Support. Clients with active maintenance plan, however, get immediate help via our online chat. Maybe that's what got you confused.
For those who do not wish to continue with the Maintenance plan, we have a vast collection of helpful resources available online, such as video tutorials, help docs, articles, webinars, FAQs: https://www.ispringsolutions.com/support. We also have social media pages where anybody can ask our community any question about iSpring.
Hope that helps!

Replied 06/02/2020
Dianne

Reviewed on 25/03/2017

Perfect choice to get PowerPoint presentations onto Moodle

[Note: this review less about the software (which is so intuitive it doesn't need explaining) and more to assist other eLearning content creators. I struggled through forums for days to find a solution to embedding Powerpoint into Moodle! I tried a dozen other methods and software and this is the one that works.]

BACKGROUND

I create content for eLearning systems, and a major limitation is that PowerPoint slides cannot be EMBEDDED (Microsoft is proprietary software). PPS files need to be downloaded, which isn't user-friendly, trackable or secure.

Moodle course creators have traditionally had to use Slideshare or Google Docs to convert powerpoint to HTML5, but iSpring doesn't compromise intellectual property security or require internet access.

The lecturers like iSpring because they know and use PowerPoint already for lectures, and can even include background music, an audio track and video. (There is a pro iSpring product to help with all including branching, but I only used the smaller converter). The course creators like it because they don't have to mess with lecturer's content, and it takes less than a minute to convert into one of the 5 options.

WHAT OPTIONS ARE BEST

WEB

I recommend the iSpring converter "HTML5 for mobile option" that shows on an attractive player. (Although it could do with some extra skins!) You get a zipped file for fast uploading. It's fully interactive, and you can permit people to jump back/forward to slides (with thumbnails), links all work (for branching) as does automatic slide timing, integrated audio (no clicking a link). Basically a PowerPoint show on steroids.

[iSpring also offers Flash like other products, but Flash doesn't play on any Apple product and is blocked by many browsers.]

LMS

For professionals, the BEST choice is a conversion for LMS - that turns the presentation into a zipped Scorm-compliant package. The content has all the bells and whistles of the web version, but can be uploaded on most LMS systems. Course creators and admins prefer Scorm as industry best practice. If you create learning content for sale, its ideal for easy distribution.

VIDEO

Although the iSpring converter for video is good, video as a format has issues. We have regional differences - even though only 1 of 30 slides is different, we have to create and load a dozen different videos each time the lecturer makes a change. The students hate video - too SO slow and jerky.]

Pros

Easy to use. Integrated with PowerPoint which is an existing skill with lecturers. LMS staff and programmers do not edit content. Creates distributable SCORM compliant packages that beginners can easily upload.

The export function looks very useful (I don't know how often I have lost files), as does the resources and presenters section (but I didn't have time to explore what they are for.) I barely scratched the surface. But the client, lecturers and students all agreed the end result was professional. Conversions can be done in minutes in multiple formats - programmed HTML5 takes days and is often unstable on mobile.

The price is very reasonable for the functionality (it is only high due to my country's dollar rate).

Cons

Not much and I am usually very critical.

I only have a trial version so I haven't tried to create "real world" packages (clients get very fussy about strange details, and that is when you suddenly discover something is not possible). You provided options that I never thought of, but that I think clients and students will find useful.

It would be nice if one could specify a range to export more specifically - e.g. slides 1-6, or 2,5,7 (as with printing). I assume I would create multiple presentations and hide slides.

The look of the player skin was a problem, so I programmed the finished file via CSS, and only found out later I can adapt the skin - after I showed the software to the client! However, they thought the universal one was good (although it didn't fit well into their LMS template). I think with the offered customization I could probably solve most problems.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Dear Dianne,
We greatly appreciate your sharing the case of using iSpring here on Capterra! We are sure it will be more than useful to anyone looking for an e-Learning solution :)
Thank you and keep up the great work!

Replied 04/04/2017
Mindy

Reviewed on 30/08/2017

My experience with iSpring Suite has been great, especially the customer service!

Well, I have been using the software for only a couple months so it has not been long enough to see the benefits from this software.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is an add on for powerpoint, so if you are familiar with powerpoint then it is not very difficult to learn. I did have to teach myself how to use the iSpring Suite tab, but the customer support team makes the process easy! My Customer Care Manager, Max Ionin, provided me with access to many training videos and was always available on email if I ever had the slightest question. The other pro that separated iSpring from other LMS softwares is they built a special custom plan for my company that fit our needs, what great customer service!

Cons

I really have had a positive experience with this software, but I am going to provide you some things I hope to see updates on in the future. The number one improvement I want iSpring to make in the very near future is MAC COMPATIBILITY. I work on the marketing team so I have to use a Mac, and for iSpring Suite I had to order a windows computer which made it 10 times harder for me since I have no idea how to use windows. I figured out a loop hole for me, where I create my content on powerpoint using my Mac, and any content I need to create using the iSpring Tab I switch over to the windows computer. However, that really slows down my productivity. The second thing I don't really like is when you create a quiz in the iSpring Suite tab, it brings you to a pop up where you create the quiz there instead of directly in powerpoint. I don't know if there would be a way to even fix this, but it gets confusing for me when update/edit the powerpoint on my Mac, send it to the windows computer, and have to add the quiz back in the edited version. I know my situation is different, but I am just providing insight to my experience. Overall I love this software, but the reason I gave 4 stars to "ease of use" was simply because I couldn't have the software on my MAC computer.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Mindy!
Thank you very much for sharing your sincere feedback about iSpring products and service! We greatly appreciate it and are sure that it will be of help to anyone looking for an authoring solution. And I forwarded your requests to Max, so that he can share with iSpring Product Development team!
Keep up the great work!! :)

Replied 31/08/2017
Albert

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

After a short learning curve, it performed very well for my quizes and easier to use.,

Ease of use, to insert pictures and videos. And the videos are consistently working (unlike the other quiz makers that I have used).

Pros

It is very easy to insert pictures with just a couple of clicks. My biggest joy is that I never had problems with inserting (and eventually working) videos into my quizzes. I do a lot of video quizzes and its a time saver. And the videos work across several platforms because my students use either a Mac OS, IOS, or PC. It even automatically corrects the "test paper" and emails to me the results automatically. My students know their mistakes, and grades "real time." And I have in my email inbox the documentation results. Its actually very easy to use, very intuitive. I have actually read the "user manual" very minimally.

Cons

What can I say bad about a good software? The iSpring Quizmaker lacks the "flexibility" of moving items around the slide. There are several layouts that you can choose but sometimes I have questions that need to have specific placements of the picture and questions and not to mention putting arrows to point at the item (or part) being questioned. There are some things that that I want to do with my questions, that I used to do when I used to use a PowerPoint file as my question platform in the past. That I miss, the flexibility and more features similar to PowerPoint software. Or maybe I need to read the user manual some more. I wish the Survey questions can be graded also.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Albert,
Thank you very much for your review.
We greatly appreciate it and hope iSpring keeps serving you well. I forwarded your feedback to your dedicated manager. If you have any other feature requests, please send them to [email protected]

Replied 01/12/2017
Professor IML
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 17/03/2018

I have used iSpring products for many years; Suite 8, the latest, is the most powerful so far.

Pros

It harneses all the power of Powerpoint, the output is much smaller than the original Powerpoint and publication in HTML5 makes it available on almost any platform, including iThings which cannot run Flash.
I use iSpring Suite 8 to make presentations of historical material, particularly of early printed books.
Separately, my organisation - to which I introduced iSpring some years ago - uses it to publish audio-visual educational material for physicians on the web for the benefit of doctors in many countries in addition to UK and to publish the slides and audio of presentations given to our History of Medicine Group.
For my own work I extend the use of some features beyond their original purpose; for example, I use the 'Outline' tabs to provide a simple search engine for some documents. I also use iSpring Flip as a means of producing galleries of images with thumbnails for navigation. This, published in HTML5, has replaced an earlier image gallery that I wrote in Flash.
The software is very easy to use at a simple level but is also capable of supporting considerable sophistication in using animation.
I have had to seek technical support on a number of occasions and have always had prompt and helpful responses - even on the rare occasions when a solution has not been found- I empasise these are rare, usually the problems have been solved.

Cons

I have very few complaints! I would like one or two additional features - more sophisticated text search in presentations and a search facility for the flipbooks.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Dear Professor IML,
We'd like to thank you greatly for posting this detailed and kind review about iSpring tools and services here on Capterra. We appreciate it a lot and hope that iSpring keeps serving you well! Keep it up :)
As per the feature requests, please send them directly to [email protected]

Replied 06/04/2018
Connie
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 04/12/2020

Better than most other systems out there

Pros

I decided to present this software choice to management because of the low learning curve. Since it worked in and with PowerPoint was the most important selling point at the time. Creating quizzes has presented a couple of hurdles but were easily fixed through trial and error. Due to the high number of things this system can do it is a bit daunting to learn it all but it is still better than other products out there I have used. Being able to use iSpring but change everything in training material to reflect our company beliefs and values is a huge benefit. Customer service has been very supportive, pleasant and professional, and it is a huge benefit to have their assistance and in a relatively quick response time. It is an impressive product with great features I would highly recommend.

Cons

I would like to see the Characters more adaptable. It would be nice to set them behind a desk when they are sitting, or in front of a computer. More objects like a sideview of a desk and laptop sideview, so we would be able to place them in front of a computer or behind a desk and would like to see those things ie: desks, sideview of computers, added to the Objects.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Connie,

Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We appreciate it greatly.

As per your feature request, thanks a lot for sharing, I will pass it on to our Product Development team.

Hope iSpring Suite keeps serving you well :)

Replied 19/03/2021
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 07/02/2019

iSpring Suite review

Overall I am extremely pleased.

Pros

I benefit most by its seamless interface with Powerpoint. The iCloud feature has also been particularly useful.
Also, the presentation resources feature is good.

Cons

The content library is extremely weak. It lacks cultural diversity and social relevance. Also the intergration of multiple quizzes's across a presentation prior to publication needs to be added.
Also, the Simulation feature character placement is too rigid, because it only supports a single figure that must always be in the same location.
The Presentation Resources feature does not allow for targeted or slide specific content relevance.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi David,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it a lot!

As per your cons, please see below:

We understand that usually, a learning course is a combination of slides and quizzes. Our developers designed a well-working automatic passing score calculation mechanics. Here is a detailed guide on it:

In the Presentation Resources, you can add, edit and delete references, file attachments. This feature is needed for filling your entire presentation with some additional information. If you want to complete any of your specific slides with this info you can insert a web object.

We recorded a short tutorial on our Custom Character Tool for you: https://ispri.ng/NnBzL

Hope that helps, and of course we are looking forward to receiving your email at [email protected] with the request for adding new characters to our library.

Replied 07/03/2019
Jaroslav

Reviewed on 14/06/2021

iSpring

Perfect software and tech / customer support. Since 2015 I am teacher and use it for educational purpose. But the last two years I slowly and gradually switch from Captivate to iSpring completely, include projects. I think next year the process will be finished and I will leave Captivate definitely and will buy commercial version of iSpringSuite. My last dream - customizing color scheme of mobile playbars - was the last year met. Iam happy boy!

Pros

Easy to use, small learning curve, all components of iSpring Suite are integrated and provide variabilty for creating several types of learning products, wich works extremmely good in browsers. Perfect QuizMaker functions and Visuals, now include custom color scheme for mobile player. And much more.

Cons

I miss some advanced actions to create a bit more interactivity than basic navigation using PPT actions. Example: Play/Pause /Stop audio using buttions, Show / Hide objects using buttons, Toogle button, etc. (something like Advanced actions in Captivate or Triggers in Storyline is). IMPORTANT: What make me stress, is new activation policy - from time to time I need deactivate / activate product between my school laptop and home laptop and it make me ,,crazy" ))) Please return two activations and make my life wonderfull again!!! ))))

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Jaroslav,

It's wonderful to hear that iSpring fits your needs just perfectly.

As per your feature request, thanks a lot for sharing. I will pass it on to our Product Development team. Thanks for helping us to make our product better.

Keep up the great work!

Replied 28/06/2021
Russell
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 26/07/2019

This tool has expanded our capabilities and saved us time.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. Because of the PowerPoint interface, I already knew most of the controls.
When I wasn't sure of the controls, there were detailed videos showing me how to achieve the task at hand. Anytime the video wasn't enough help, iSpring's knowledgeable support staff was there to help.

Cons

I could not find a way to get closed captioning to work on videos that I uploaded. I am hopeful that this will be in an upgrade soon. iSpring's app does not offer screen recording functions on mobile devices. With many app interfaces being used in workplaces this would be a great benefit to my business.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Russell,
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts on iSpring products and service! We very much appreciate it =) Keep up the great work!
Also thanks a lot for your feature requests. I will forward them to our Product Development team. If you think of anything else, please send a message to [email protected]

Replied 12/08/2019
Bello

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

All in one software for creating online learning content

Pros

I like ispring suite because it is very easy to use, no coding skill required if you know how to use Microsoft PowerPoint then you Can use it. Another intresting thing is that you Can find video tutorials on YouTube and the customer support is Always ready to help.

Cons

Eventhough it is an Amazing software, recent update makes us learn some technicalities from scratch and large projects Can take a Long Time to convert to HTML5

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Bello, Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. We appreciate it greatly. As per your Cons, could you please send more details to [email protected]? One of our specialists will be more than happy to look into your case. Thank you! Hope iSpring keeps serving you well :)

Replied 21/11/2022