About Housecall Pro

Housecall Pro is a cloud-based field service management app for service professionals to automate workflows and streamline technician dispatch. This solution includes a native mobile app and complementary web portal and serves a...

Browse Housecall Pro Reviews

2,529 of 2,529 reviews
Rayanne W.

Reviewed on 28/08/2020

EXCELLENT

Pros

HCP is very easy to use and a very intuitive layout. When we tried ProjX360 and D-Tools SI, there was a HUGE initial setup required and a HUGE learning curve to figure out how to use the programs. Not HCP. Easy to use from Day 1 and it's quick and easy for new employees to learn.
One of the best things is the customer service. It's top notch. They always solve the problem, even if they have to go research and get back to me the next day (and they actually DO get back to me). They also make it easy to contact them with a button on the bottom right of the screen. Other softwares I have to scour the internet trying to find out how to contact customer service.

Cons

Would like to see more integrations and there are little things I would change here and there, but I know that's hard to do since the software covers so many different industries. A better way to pull reports would be especially good.

Tommy S.

Reviewed on 16/04/2021

A Service Company Must-Have

From beginning to end, set up and integration, a great experience.

Pros

Easy of use in the mobile phase of the program, and the software's ability to send automatic reminders, postcards, etc to the customer.

Cons

Hard to think of one, but pictures of items in the inventory would be nice.

Margaret B.

Reviewed on 06/03/2021

New to HCP

The techs in the field love the ease of use with Housecall Pro. The map feature with a picture is so much better than the program we were using. We have only switched to Housecall Pro recently and are still getting used to the program but so far it is very user friendly.

Pros

My techs love this system. We were with another system and the field use is exceptional.

Cons

I wish the payroll reports had totals and was a little bit better buttoned up.
I also wish that we could "label" each job as in: "fit in", "Not Confirmed", "Confirmed", etc on the schedule. I also wish we could put an estimate number or invoice number in a quick search bar. We may be able to do so but I have not figured that out yet. Additionally, in our other program we could drag and drop "item" info on an invoice or estimate. I miss that feature.

Kate K.

Reviewed on 13/03/2021

Well worth the investment

Pros

HCP is a phenomenal software. It does exactly what it says it does. Take the time to schedule a demo and seriously invest in this software. It’s been a game changer for my business. The ease of creating invoices, interacting with my customers, booking jobs and collecting reviews has exponentially improved!
Our customers are raving about our software. We receive so many compliments on how professional and seamless it is!

Cons

I have yet to find anything that I am dissatisfied with!

Ray M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 19/04/2021

new user

Gaining more reviews with HCP , more pleasing layout of the invoices and estimates.

Pros

The automated review option sent to customer at invoice time

Cons

Integration with Google Calendar is 1 way only...would be nice if it was both ways and able to adjust google and show up in HCP

Dereck D.

Reviewed on 24/07/2020

Great addition to our small business.

1. Able to stay more organized.
2. Able to send out estimates faster.
3. Able to locate customers accounts faster.

Pros

1. Automated text within the app.
2. Start and finish times within the app.
3. Seems like there is always something new to learn and include in to your system. Excited to implement the new apps and features in the future.
4. Responses from the customer service chat are excellent and helpful.
5. Review toggle.
6. Pro Talks and take a lot of time to help make our business successful.
7. I like that every step or change that you make to accounts is documented.
8. The app dashboard snap shot of things happening or that has happened is great.

Cons

1. The way the notification stays active when a customer sends you a video message.
2. Sometimes the customers address when clicked within the app does not load properly on the maps you have chosen. Seems to work intermittently.
3. When texting a customer using the HCP provided number within the app and you click outside of the message box it does not allow you to come back in and click and move around the message box. Some instances if you wait to long the message disappears. We have gone to texting ourselves and then copying and pasting.
4. It would be helpful to have a reminder on the dashboard to snail mail invoices when a client doesn't have an email.
5. You cannot copy and paste from a text messaging portion within the app. i.e. Follow up to a previous text.
6. In order to search a phone number or customer on the desktop browser, I have to click within the customer tab. Wish there was a search bar within each tab on the dashboard.
7. Wish there was a way to toggle the reviews within the app with administrator access not tech access. Sometimes when turning on and off the reviews on your smart phone it opens the app automatically when safari is clicked unless you delete the cookies.
8. A follow up button with an automated email in a customers account, on the estimate page would be helpful, showing the follow up date and time and maybe does not allow you after so many attempts.

Jacob H.

Reviewed on 08/07/2020

Housecall Pro Rocks

The best part about Housecall Pro is the fact that we have all of our information for the entire business in one spot. It is one stop shop. It also integrates with Quickbooks Online, so we do not have to mess with transferring everything every time. It automatically does it for us. The customer service is also great, as they are quick to find an answer if they cannot fix it right away. I would highly recommend this company and software.

Pros

This software brings our entire company together. It helps us with all the scheduling needs that we have, and definitely helps keep all of your information together in one spot. You can also access this from your mobile devices too which is huge! We wouldn't be where we are today in our company if it wasn't for Housecall Pro.

Cons

There are a few features missing, that could make some delegations a little easier, but after while, when they hear from a bunch of people that they want this option added, they will add and integrate it to the software.

Erin C.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 13/06/2020

Best process/program out there!

Amazing! Anytime, day or night that I have a question I just chat with an agent and someone is always able to direct me where to go or what to do.

This program really is user friendly for your workers and your customers.

I’ve always gone by: Keeping it stupid simple. This program can’t be any simpler.

Pros

New employees catch on very quickly! They like how user friendly it is for anyone and everyone who may not be technologically savvy!

Our customers also enjoy the ease of paying their bills, seeing that we are on our way and even our progress along the way.

We have been able to gain steady reviews after every completed job!

Cons

I would like to see more selections for pulling data and generating sales, total sales, estimated sales for each month, maybe a comparison graph of where you are now from last year or last month?

The graphs and data I can pull now is good, however, it would be even better to be able to gather more since this is all that I use for the business.

The other part would be, maybe making it less complicating? For example, if I want to compare anything of sales in the business right now (we detail and pressure wash) I was told I would need to gi back and make sure each job had a job tag, and then make sure I could identify it by one other thing that I can’t remember (I apologize).
On the spot entering in all the customers information, there are times job tags are forgotten, however, now I try not to forget them ever.

Overall, having a graph that could pull data without having to tag this and add that would allow me less time spending on that and more time on other business items that I can never seem to get much time for at all.

Lisa B.

Reviewed on 07/03/2020

Invoicing Software Program

Housecall Pro has an excellant team of employees. They are always there for me when I have a quick second to check on an issue or problem I am encountering. They are great at walking you through or demonstrating to you right through the app, what you need to do to solve your issue you may be having.

Pros

This software is amazing. On the main page, (we call it our work board). It shows all outstanding jobs, along with a calendar in front of you that can be used to schedule the jobs to all of your service technicians in the field.

Once your service technician completes the job, you can enter the information in the office, or you can have them enter the information from their I-Pads out in the service field.

You can also send a invoice immediately to the customer from the I pad or Office Personnel. They can be sent through emails or texts to the customers. The customers can pay once they receive the bill or you can collect and enter the information from the job site.

This program has everything you need to be efficient with your business.

They have so many different tools you can use. You can increase your work load tremendously if you want to with the different tools they have to offer, if you choose to grow your business, the sky is the limit.

Cons

I have to go through too many screens sometimes to complete a task. Such as looking up address information on a particular property. I wish I could learn to tie the addresses together so I can see all of the work completed at one particular address in one place.

Brian E.

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Housecall Pro Getting Better With Age.

We are a small HVAC service and install company. Using Housecall Pro has been a positive experience. It has greatly improved scheduling for both customers and employees. A/R has been a very positive aspect. Integration with QB has made the accounting side of the business cleaner with less conflict. We are now beginning to use the service contract feature. HCP support always respond in a timely fashion and are always seeking to improve.

Pros

Seamless integration with Quickbooks is the most important feature. Once we learned to categorize where we wanted charges to show in QB such as "Labor" or "Material & Supplies" then reconciliation became easy. Software is easy to navigate and customize. Scheduling service for our customers is a major feature and increases customer confidence. Our A/R has improved dramatically. More of our customers use the pay online feature and the ability to accept cc payments is a huge plus. Admin settings allow to set cc minimum payments and employee access through mobile app.

Cons

Would love have an attachment icon in customer history window indicating service calls that have attached photos or documents uploaded without having to open each one individually. I would also like to have the ability to record customer equipment Model & Serial #'s and connect services to particular equipment. Example: Customer has (5) individual air con systems. Enter Model & Serial #'s, and name systems. Then all future service at that site can be attached to a particular piece of equipment with the ability to run a report. Options for "Summer" & "Winter" maintenance to run reports for recurring future would also be on my wish list.

Jennifer D.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 23/09/2019

MY overall experience has been great, whenever i need customer service they are available and always helpful via chat or phone call

Pros

The owners were use too and liked a different dispatching/invoicing system. When I was hired as the Office Manager I was trained to use that system but always felt like it was out dated and not user friendly. I ran across an ad for house call pro on social media. I immediately loved what I saw, the ease of the program and how customers could make payments online and leave reviews for our business and technician experience. I showed the owners and we made the switch to housecall pro and have never regretted it.

Cons

I wish the system could notify me when my technicians went in route, started there job and finished there job. Wish some sort of push notification or a chime when the dash board is open

Roger T.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

Gets easier to use and better everyday. Support from the company is amazing, they are alway...

HCP is giving me time to market and feels like a partner or mentor to our continued growth and success.

Pros

Ease of setup. Kind and patient support team. Did I say patient? After our office manager retired, we were able to implement HCP and within weeks realized that we no longer needed an office manager! It was tough to change my ways after doing “what worked” for the first 28 years, but these last two years with HCP have really helped us grow and I spend about 15 hours/week less sitting at a desk. Our crews like having the power to create estimates and quote work and extras. The payment portal speeds up collections. The software is constantly improving. We are a completely paperless company now, save for permit applications and such. It is so easy to schedule out days, weeks, a month. Drag and drop to move appointments. Creating/changing unit prices is so easy.

Cons

Making changes to estimates or invoices to a customer puts you back to the dashboard, which is distracting if you are handling multiple invoices for a property management company for instance. A work around is to open each one in a new window on the desktop. We use the desktop site in the field since the mobile site will not rotate on our iPads and we have keyboard cases. The dashboard shows outstanding invoices when you log on, but you cannot click on them individually to review. No integration with QB desktop, though I may be the only person who has that problem.

Jaime L.

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

Plumbing Dispatch Friendly

Pros

I no longer have to fill out work orders or contantly update customers with arrival times and scheduling. The app does it for us! It's saved me a lot of time so I can focus on other aspects of our business and has pleased our customers greatly! It's showing from the increase of reviews! The ability to link to Google and QBO are two of the best features as well as the time I save on the phone with customers playing call tag, etc. In plumbing, we are able to edit the blocks of time for unexpected repairs that come up and prevent overbooking and add segments for ongoing WIP jobs. HCP has made my work streamlined from the start!

Cons

There are a few features I wish that are available but that doesn't mean they won't be in the near future with their hard working support team. A subtotal line is desperately needed. I wish I got emails when my customers do so I can quickly reference what and when I sent it. Segment options for estimates would be nice since at this point you can only select one of multiple estimates. A drop down list of customers when searching for one would save me some time. Some customers have difficult spelling of names so to be able to type the first and second letter and have it bring up the customer list would be a huge help without having to press enter.

Sean T.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 25/05/2019

Couldn't survive without Housecall Pro

Housecall Pro streamlines my entire customer interaction. The software maintains my customer database, and my customer history. Housecall Pro handles all my scheduling. Housecall Pro sends reminder emails to my customers and makes it easy to notify my customers as to my location on the day of service. Housecall Pro handles my invoices and makes it easy to collect payment. After the work is complete, Housecall Pro sends follow-up emails to my customers to help maintain customer loyalty. Housecall Pro also integrates with Quickbooks making my bookkeeping a breeze. Housecall Pro makes owning a business so easy!

Pros

I LOVE this software! It does absolutely everything for me and makes it so easy for me to run the behind the scenes part of my business. Housecall Pro is super easy to use, the app interface is very clean, and it totally streamlines my interaction with the customer from their first phone call, through to the completion of the job, and beyond. Housecall Pro makes every part of my carpet cleaning business so much more efficient.

Cons

I wish that the user had greater control in customizing messages that are sent to their customers. For instance, Housecall Pro sends a text and an email asking for a Google review and a review on Housecall Pro when the work is complete, but I have little control over the content/message of that communication. Another example is that I have little control over the content of the "On My Way", or the "Job Finished" texts that get sent to my customers on the day of their appointments. I would love to be able to send more personalized messages to my customers, so that they seem less generic and bland.

Aaron G.

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Awesome software

9.9 out of 10 experience since day one using the software.

Pros

This software does almost everything you could ever ask for if you run a service based business

Cons

There are a few slight bugs that could be addressed and I would love a tablet optimized version

Charlton L.

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

Carpet Services

Housecall Pro is a substantial solution for the money where the requirements are for dispatching a fleet for residential/commercial customers, and all the way through payment integration. Despite my lengthy Cons verbiage, Housecall Pro really saved the day for my new company. We and our customers really like the solution !

Pros

Very usable on all devices. Easy for the technicians to capture their job statuses. Easy to create estimates / job scheduling. Fantastic built in customer notification via email / text. Many customers have commented how effective this is. Also solid logging of jobs.

There are also some good 3rd party solutions already integrated in, i.e., review management, Quickbook interface, messaging aggregation, etc. Broadly is expensive, but wow it really works well. Reviews have climbed substantially. The integration is just fantastic.

Payment integration is superior, though see Cons section. Pay via invoicing is a nice feature when the customers are not at the job.

Cons

No lead generation support, workflow starts with an estimate / job creation. What we need is to capture lead activity prior to creating a customer for jobs/estimates. Channels are not built in. Today with digital marketing, we need to know where the leads came from. Tagging is a weak solution for this.

Another way of stating the above, there is no real CRM functionality like SalesForce has. But then SalesForce is pricy, But without CRM, some day I might be forced to move to SalesForce. And they have a great Field Services solution. But that is also VERY PRICY.

Also could use more robust commercial customer functionality.

Payment options is an issue. Capturing 3% of CC sales, and 1% for same day deposits, is just too steep. Clover allows for debit cards rates, and their CC deposits lands within 2 days. That would help a lot as almost all card transactions are debit cards. I am still waiting for the card reader to launch. Stop trying to model Square's revenue capture, you beat them on the integration. I will be looking for other solutions if I have to forfeit 4% of $300K, and also pay you a monthly software fee. One or the other, not both.

Dalton L.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 01/09/2019

Life Saving Software

I have been able to save hundreds of hours this year just by using Housecall Pro by not having to handwrite 100+ invoices every week, track who has/has not paid, and countless other things. One of the best things Housecall Pro has been able to provide me for my business is a next level professional look which words cannot describe how beneficial this is. I HIGHLY recommend Housecall Pro to any small business and even a large established business

Pros

- Electronic quotes/estimates, invoicing, scheduling, payments
- Tracks just about everything I can think of such as win/loss ratio of jobs, gross income, etc
- Great customer service in regards to answering any questions you may have
- Provide a very-well & in-depth tutorial of software when first purchased
- Always take into consideration any input i provide and new options to implement in their software
- Much much more that I can not list

Cons

- They do not have everything I could ask for such as an email blast (but can integrate with one of the best email marketing services available)
- No route-planning
- No automated invoicing via phone (only email which most people do not check regularly)
- Ive had a handful of other minor issues I've encountered while using this software but a support team member has almost always found an alternative solution for me

Andi J.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 06/05/2020

Elevate Your Business

We can easily and effectively communicate with customers. Our review rates have drastically increased and our customers rave about the “on my way” text the receive from the system. HCP takes the important customer service tasks and makes them simple and easy so we can focus our efforts on other things.

Pros

HCP has taken our business to the next level. We’re in the home services industry and having an edge on customer service is vital. The system was designed with Home Service Professionals in mind. We love how user friendly the system is and our customers love the communication. The LIVE chat with a HCP Support Member is so helpful and quick. I would highly recommend HCP to anyone who wants to grow their business and take it to the next level.

Cons

I’m on the go often and primarily use the mobile app on my iPhone. It would be handy to see which technicians are scheduled for a job without having to open the job to see (like you can in the PC version)

Jerry W.

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

Very Good and Improving

Housecall Pro is feels more like a partnership than a service and I look forward to continuing business with them.

Pros

Considering features and pricing, I find Housecall Pro have very good value, and the design team actually listens to feedback and are constantly making improvements to the software and services.

Cons

Some of the features offered lack depth/customization, but the software is constantly being improved.

Rick P.

Reviewed on 15/04/2019

It Does What We Need

Our main purpose in trying HCP was to find a way that our field crews could easily take photos of each job and share them with the office. In the past each crew had been texting me photos all day long and it was my responsibility to then email them to myself and save them on the company server. That got old after about 4 hours.
I saw that HCP would allow our crews to take photos with their phones, and they would instantly and easily be available through the web portal at our office, or anywhere else - desktop or mobile. At the time, the basic plan was free, so it was a no-brainer for me. I love that you can keep track of and view customer history and put notes about each customer, each job, and each visit to a customer's home. We haven't fully utilized this function yet, but it would be incredibly helpful.
The main part of my job is scheduling installations and planning routes for multiple crews each day. HCP does have a map feature that allows you to view all of your jobs, but the down side (for me, anyway) is that it shows you ALL of your jobs, past and present. I would love to see the ability to filter the jobs on the map to show just one day or a range of days to help in planning efficient routes. The lack of this feature forces me to use Google Maps in addition to HCP. I don't mind so much, but when a representative was trying to "sell me" on using HCP for all of our business needs, he was pretty adamant that it was an all-in-one program.

Pros

Easy to access from anywhere and easy to share information with team members.

Cons

It would be great if it made it easier to plan daily routes for drivers/crews. For example, being able to filter jobs on the map view by a certain day or range of days. Unfortunately, I had to use Google Maps in addition to HCP to accomplish this.

Aaron W.

Reviewed on 23/09/2019

Home Tech

Good timing.....I'm positioned to grow. HCP is a good tool. Makes life easier. I can do, on the fly!

Pros

"If you have a mom & pop shop, you immediately look like the Jetsons"

Right now I'm a one man shop, so I use HCP to manage my home repair business. It's funny how I can see the relief in the client face during the whole interaction as it related to the business side of business. It definitely gives you a professional edge. HCP fits with the time, most clients get it! Getting a home repair done as easy as ordering a pizza, taxi or maid service.

I was recently asked, if I had a young Techie working for me back at the office?........My response was "No, that's just my software"........She asked "The notifications and everything?"

Cons

Housecall Pro appears to have more physical visibility on everything that goes out electronically. For Example: HCP name and or logo is visible 6 times vs. my companies name which can be found 4 times throughout the standard receipt notification. Visible in form of email, logo, header, website. Wish you can scale it back some?

Michael N.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

Very disappointed

Up to now it’s been good. I guess as long as I don’t need help with anything there great. But if I need help not so good. I really hope someone reads this and addresses the issue.

Pros

Ease of use, Professional quality, my customers like the interface.

Cons

Customer support. I have used the product for 2+ years and have never had a need to call for customer support. Recently I was trying to utilize the email and post card functions that are part of the plan I pay for on a monthly basis. The problem is there was a glitch in the system and after trying multiple times to figure out the issue I called and asked to speak to customer service rep. I was told that I would need to upgrade from my current plan to the XL plan If I want to be able to talk to live customer support. In order for me to upgrade to the XL plan I would need to pay an additional 100.00 per month approx. This is a great disappointment. I asked if there was a way I could just pay for live customer support as needed and I was told that wasn’t something that currently offered. I don’t even know how to deal with this. What I was needing help with was going to bring more money to house call pro and I still couldn’t get the help I needed.

Tim M.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 27/01/2017

Good reliable software.

works well and is truly built for today's service provider. It is truly a paperless system and up to speed with today's technology. I enjoy using the software and it's very easy to grasp And is kept in is framed in a rudimentary form. There are some cons that I work around daily and issues I don't love but the price for a single user is very much.

Pros

The software has a great mobile application along with its ease of use makes it a winner.

Cons

Basic. I came from a robust expensive software with more depth so my perception may be hazy however there are simple pieces missing that are critical to a service provider. MAPPING. big downturn. Route mapping. The software ten years ago sent the links to google map and allowed us to manipulate the technician's routes. I am not sure how a service providing software can not have the basic route mapping but this on is missing it. I hand type in the address which is not a big deal for one but to me would be unusable if I had ten trucks. Missing simple daily reporting like cash out, call completion rate and tracking. Tracking I can forgive because that tends to only be on larger systems. Cash out is a common practice to ease deposit time. Support is good but you will never talk to anyone. Simple procedures like questions take 10 minutes when a two-minute convo would do. However, I don't have many. Simplicity in customer fields like not having extensions and spouse name along with a confusing issue of billing a customer for work done are a property or tenant. Example. If you bill to a tenant you can not use the tenant's name so they want you to create a new customer and subtitle them to the billing tenant. This makes for an issue of later retrieval and billing of the job. I found it easier to write the name in the notes section. There are more little bugs like this throughout the system.

Troy K.

Reviewed on 31/08/2019

Great product, even greater people

GREAT! Seriously! Even though we lost some pretty nice features in the switch, we have all the major features we needed at a MUCH more affordable price point. The customer service and blue bubble help is second to none.

Pros

We used a different software prior to attending one of housecall’s mastermind events. After meeting the people behind the team I knew they had something over there. We made the switch a few months later and haven’t looked back. It’s been great!

Cons

We lost some higher end functions in the software switch. We lost the multiple option quotes (housecall already resolved this now). We lost built in financing (we’d really like this back). And we lost on screen caller Id/automatic tracking of where the call came from (we used to be able to generate marketing phone numbers that would track where all calls came from and also record each call and attach them to each job.. (this was pretty nice, but not worth all the extra dough it was costing us)

Geoff E.

Reviewed on 15/03/2020

Geoff E.

Easy to learn. Helps bring your business to the next level.

Pros

Scheduling and info it can pull zillow for the address.

Cons

Cost a bit more than i hoped to spend but worth it.