Buddy Punch Reviews

About Buddy Punch

Buddy Punch is a cloud-based time clock solution suitable for businesses of all sizes. Key features include overtime calculating, GPS tracking, PTO accrual, time card approval and job costing. Buddy Punch enables employees to...

4.7

Browse Buddy Punch Reviews

Katrina
Katrina
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 23/01/2019

Great time keeping app

Great app, check in and out with accuracy, keep in contact with supervisors and can submit photos for proof of visit if not using GPS.

Pros

I am an Event Specialist with Deluvia Inc, they upgraded from emailing and faxing my time sheets in to this system. They are out of state so this is a great way for them to keep up with my time while doing "Road Shows". I arrive at my location, open the app and sign in, my employers do require me to attach photos so I snap a photo of the store front before entering. While there, I setup my samples and take a few photos of my presentation to attach when I clock out. I like that I can see my schedule, even though I already know my Road Shows are 11 days back to back for each demo. It takes out 39 minutes for my lunch and keeps up with my total hours so I can accurately calculate my check. They can leave messages after each shift end set of photos. I have seen a few where they wanted to see different angles or my face more throughout my presentations. I've also been told my samples looked yummy, I left messages and asked questions that were answered. This is a good app to have when your employer is out of your area.

Cons

The only thing I found odd was I could log in anytime during my employment, but couldn't do so between Road Shows. I wanted to look at my schedules and could gain access to the app. Other than this hiccup, the app works fine. Deluvia gets my time and there are no shortages on my check.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review, it is great to hear that you're using our smartphone app as well as our notes and photos on punches feature. We have a few limiting options for employers and that is why you weren't able to login while outside of the show. Thanks again!

Replied 24/01/2019
Aaron

Reviewed on 24/04/2024

Best Punch System!

Pros

Ease of use, easy to make corrections.

Cons

I honestly don't have any con's, its wonderful system

Response from Buddy Punch

Aaron, we're thrilled to hear you think Buddy Punch is the best! Thank you for highlighting its ease of use and simplicity in making corrections. We're glad it's all working wonderfully for you!

Replied 26/04/2024
Josh

Reviewed on 17/09/2016

so so not greatest

Several areas of concern. Very little corrections made based on feedback. Not able to contact support by phone. Delayed response in email. Not open to different types and operations for different business types. This is a very baseline product with little features. Menus are hard for older users to read. Not user friendly for most users. Time corrections are difficult for users to complete or request. Very limited on admin ability to control aspects of the clock to prevent user issues. reports decimal place cannot be changed from 3 to 2 decimals increases rounding time for admin. Integration with payroll company cost additional funds.

Pros

online can view anywhere from a computer . the app is poor at best and is not integrated to be used as a time clock or to check all features and make adjustments from admin must have a computer to do so

Cons

Most of it

Response from Buddy Punch

Josh - Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. Unfortunately many of your comments we believe are inaccurate and I would like to make sure that Buddy Punch is accurately reflected on Capterra. We do not charge for integrations with other Payroll Companies. We just added an integration with Paychex and there was no cost to any customer for doing so. We are also very timely in responding to inquiries. In your case specifically you opened a ticket on 7/29/16 at 3:52 pm. We responded at 4:14 pm the same day with a resolution. You opened a ticket on 8/29/16 at 12:35 pm, we replied at 12:46 pm. You opened a ticket on 9/12/16 at 10:21 am and we replied on 12:46 pm. We offer many features such as GPS, IP Address Lock, Webcam photos on punches, and notifications. We offer easy change requests with the user clicking on a button that says "I need to change something." I'm sorry we didn't work for your business and we will take your feedback into consideration.

Replied 20/09/2016

Top Buddy Punch Alternatives

Kelsie

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Great Time Management

Pros

Easy to clock in from anywhere and still manage how much time you've worked in a day. Easily tells you when you've gone past 8hrs, and also great for seeing when your team members are clocked in or out.

Cons

Wish the time wasn't in decimal form so that it's easier to tell how much time you should work without going into overtime.

Response from Buddy Punch

Hi Kelsie, we're thrilled you find clocking in and managing work hours a breeze with Buddy Punch, not to mention keeping an eye on team activity. Your feedback about the decimal time format is super helpful – we aim to make time tracking as intuitive as possible. Thanks a bunch for your valuable insights!

Replied 06/02/2024
Ron

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

So Easy to Use!

Pros

Ease of use and accuracy for both time and PTO

Cons

I did not like the name at first but now I am used to it.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks, Ron! We're thrilled that the ease and accuracy of Buddy Punch have made a positive difference in managing your time and PTO. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Replied 02/04/2024
Whitney
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

Shallow Water

Pros

I like how quick and easy it is to use from the office and at home

Cons

Can't adjust time and have to write notes

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for sharing, Whitney! We're pleased to know Buddy Punch has been quick and easy for your use across different locations. Just a reminder, you do have the ability to adjust time entries directly in the system. If you're unsure how to do this or need any help, please contact our support team. We're committed to ensuring your experience is as smooth as possible!

Replied 23/04/2024
Tessa
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 25/04/2024

Great system

Overall I enjoy using the system it has been a great contribution to our company

Pros

The ease of putting in employee schedules

Cons

I don't like that you have to submit your time each week

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you, Tessa! It's wonderful to know you find putting in employee schedules easy and that Buddy Punch has positively impacted your organization. We appreciate your thoughts on the time submission process and are always looking for ways to improve.

Replied 26/04/2024
Irene

Reviewed on 03/05/2024

BuddyPunch - easy for timekeeping

I've enjoyed using Buddy Punch on a daily basis for timekeeping. It is easy to use and was easy to learn when we started using it.

Pros

Ease of use for daily timekeeping purposes

Cons

I haven't found anything yet that I don't like.

Response from Buddy Punch

It’s fantastic to hear how well Buddy Punch is working for your daily timekeeping needs, Irene! We’re thrilled that you find it easy to use and learn. Thanks for letting us know, and remember, we're here if you ever need any support!

Replied 07/05/2024
cristian
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 05/04/2024

our employees love it!

Pros

very affordable, easy for employees to learn, cuts out grey areas in time sheets

Cons

so far very happy haven't had any situations come up that would make us doubt the product

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks, Cristian! Glad to know Buddy Punch is a hit with your employees and that it's making time tracking clearer and more straightforward. Your happiness with our product is what we strive for!

Replied 08/04/2024
Marilyn
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 09/04/2024

Buddy Punch is your Buddy

Pros

Buddy Punch keeps track of my work time whether I'm in the office or working from home. Makes it easy to submit my timesheet to payroll.

Cons

If I goof up, it is difficult to go back in and correct.

Response from Buddy Punch

We're thrilled to hear Buddy Punch is keeping track of your work time effectively! If you encounter difficulties with corrections, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team for assistance.

Replied 12/04/2024
Tara

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Great Product!

Buddy Punch has been a super efficient business solution for our office. It is very user friendly. The integration with Quickbooks has streamlined our payroll which has been a huge plus. Most importantly to me as the administrator who's been responsible for the complete set up and training of all staff- the Buddy Punch customer service team has been absolutely outstanding!

Pros

The software is easy to use with only very minor quirks.

Cons

I appreciate the updates to scheduling but even with the new templates, I'm still not able to schedule as efficiently as I would like. I would love to be able to set a master schedule for each user and edit individual days from there as necessary. My team typically works a pretty set schedule so to have a template per person would be ideal. It seems that's not quite the functionality of the new template feature.

When I Work

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

We needed a product that tracked PTO as well as had a punching time clock feature. Integration with QB was the additional bonus.

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

PTO tracking function worked the way we needed it to and it was a better price point.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Tara for the review. It is great to hear that our QuickBooks integration has been helpful to your business. Thank you for the feedback, recurring items on the schedule is coming up as a new feature as well. Thanks again!

Replied 10/10/2019
Bryan
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 29/05/2020

Buddy Punch is awesome

Excellent! The product works well on iPads and PCs. It seems to be very low maintenance and the staff are great to work with when I have questions.

Pros

The ease of use and implementation. I work with many non technical people and they caught on to the app quickly.

Cons

I would like to see a cached mode so if we lose internet facial recognition will still work and punches will record when internet is restored. I would also like to see more permission control over the manager role.

TimeClock Plus

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

The product was old and no longer supported.

TimeClock Plus

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

Buddy punch was highly rated and after trialing the software it exceeded our needs.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Bryan for the review! It is great to hear that you and your staff are finding us easy to use.

Replied 01/06/2020
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 16/12/2023

Buddy Punch - a value added tool for our small business

Delighted! As a trucking company and having resources starting their shifts at different times and in different locations it was "effort" in tying this all together to ensure everyone was being paid for correct times - doing payroll was a chore in calling and requesting and then finally imposing deadlines or you don't get paid which pushes other things back in processing payroll... Week one of deployment -> all those issues disappeared!!! Well done Buddy Punch!!!!

Pros

Simplicity of use which made adoption within our organization easier

Cons

Because of it's simplicity, I overcomplicated it for our trial period and had everyone in the organization trying it. To launch, we decided to recreate our site and started running with only the team members that are required to punch in and out

ADP Workforce Now and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

The cost for our initial deployment and the relative ease in scaling as we grow our business

Response from Buddy Punch

Michael, it's fantastic to hear how Buddy Punch has streamlined payroll and time tracking for your trucking company. We're thrilled that the simplicity of our tool made adoption easy and resolved the challenges of managing diverse shift times and locations. Your experience of seeing immediate improvements in the first week of deployment is exactly what we strive for. Thank you for your enthusiastic feedback and for choosing Buddy Punch!

Replied 18/12/2023
Joy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Best In Show

My staff loves that the software works seamlessly and I love the easy payroll reporting process. BEST of all, when I have a question, Buddy Punch really LISTENS and always walks me through the answer or offers to help themselves.

Pros

The Buddy Punch Customer Service is EXCELLENT! Poor service is one of the main reasons we left our last scheduling and payroll reporting software.

Cons

Would love to see more features such as hiring and onboarding of new employees.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Joy for the review and the kind words! It is great to hear the positive feedback on our customer service. We really try to make sure we understand everyone's situation and we're glad that it shows! Thanks again for your review and your business, we appreciate it.

Replied 25/02/2021
Tohi

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Best solution to time tracking for our hourly employees, and it keeps me updated when someone forgets to clock out. Also, it allows my employees to make changes if needed, which I can review and approve.

Pros

Ease of use, for both employees and managers. The phone app with the clock in/out feature makes this the easiest for our company.

Cons

No cons so far, and I've been using it for almost a year now.

Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

Not satisfied and knew there was an easier way to do this.

Paylocity

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

User-friendly and ease of use. Barely any training required for this as it's self-explanatory.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us easy to use! It's also good to hear you are making use of our alerts and reminders. We offer a range of reminders that can be sent via push notifications on a phone or email. Thanks again!

Replied 13/11/2019
CONNIE
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Buddy Punch Review

I had used other more expensive systems at previous employers and Buddy Punch has be more than sufficient for our size of business. It is easy to run the reports- PTO, location of services, and the geofence. My favorite time in option was the facial recognition- the main problem with it was if someone had a beard and then shaved it or got a major change in hair styles we had to take their picture again.

Pros

Buddy Punch is easy to set up and use. Once staff is set up in Buddy Punch they are able to manage their time cards with min assistance. We have used the facial recognition and the scan code- The facial recognition works the most consistently. It is pretty self explanatory for staff to be able to put in PTO for approval and add notes if they need a time adjustment because they forgot to time in or out. There are several reports we use including the location worked, pto, and the location of timing in or out. We had staff that would time in or out from their car on their phone when they were to time in and out on the computer. We were able to monitor that and reinstruct the staff.

Cons

When an employee needs to be removed from the active payroll it takes a few weeks for the persons name to be moved to the inactive list. We tried using the QR codes for timing in and out but the staff would forget their card, the computer would not recognize the card or if their was a poor light, it would be difficult to get it read.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Connie for the review! It is great to hear that you're utilizing many of our features including Facial Recognition and that you're finding us easy to use! Also in regards to the inactive employees, you are not charged for inactive users but you'll still see a time card for them in case they had any time worked for the pay period or if you wanted to add any manually. Them having a time card doesn't affect their inactive status. Thanks again for the review and your business, we appreciate it!

Replied 23/12/2020
Susan
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 10/06/2019

Excellent Customer Service

Whenever I have a question that I can't find in the FAQ or a billing issue, they are super friendly and quick to respond. I even accidentally got charged for a full year subscription when I wanted to go monthly, and they refunded me immediately after contacting them. CSR is very helpful, and always quick to respond!

Pros

I like that you can require a photo and location for your employees when clocking in, and can monitor them pretty easily. It is really easy to set up, and you can put extra data in your employee files to have it all in one place. I also like that I can assign managers over certain employees, so they can monitor their own departments and approve accordingly. The facial recognition feature is super helpful when a bunch are clocking in on one device!

Cons

I find the navigation of the site is a little complicated at times. I tend to have to look around for a few minutes or hit the help to find a certain feature that I am looking for. Most of the time they have the feature, I just can't remember where I found it last time.

The app isn't super helpful as the administrator. It is much easier to approve time-cards and review employee activity through the website vs the app. (The app is pretty much good for clocking in purposes only.)

Wish that your facial recognition picture worked for punching in even if you use the "log in" feature vs the "punch" one. (Currently you have to take two pictures when using the "log in" with facial rec. option for punching in.)

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Susan for the review! It is great to hear that you're finding our customer service excellent and that we've been easy to setup and have all the features you are looking for. Thanks for the suggestion on Facial Recognition - we use the same photo when punching in directly but you are right, if you log in first then you take another picture. Also you can approve time cards on the app, but there's a lot of information to review so I can understand how using the web is a lot easier. Thanks again!

Replied 11/06/2019
Telesa
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

Buddy Punch instead of an Excel spreadsheet ... TIME SAVER

It has a great deal of flexibility and gives administrators/managers the ability to see who is here at any given time of the day. Managers also have the ability to approve PTO prior to it being added to the time sheet. This provides accountability for both the employee and manager. They can also schedule shift work if necessary. In running payroll, since employees will punch in, be able to track their time as well as PTO in one place; this saves me time on my end. I simply run a report at pay period end to access a summary for each employee. I still have to enter totals but will not longer have to search spreadsheet each line for notes regarding time off. The reports are very helpful and can be downloaded in multiple formats.

Pros

The software has all the features that I currently was using in my spreadsheet - but better as it took human error out of the equation! I gained the reports that tallied PTO (vacations, sick time, personal time) which I had to pull manually from a spreadsheet. Employees are able to enter their own PTO requests (again a time saver). The chat staff has been super helpful to me every single time I have messaged them. They assisted me to get the software ready for a trial run which was very helpful! Every chat session was emailed to me for future reference.

Cons

Although they are able to answer every one of my many questions; it would have been helpful to download a readable document for reference.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Telesa for the review. It's great to hear that we're saving you time, and that you're taking advantage of our PTO tracking option. Our reports can be downloaded to CSV, Excel, and PDF so it's good to hear that those are meeting your needs as well. We strive to provide great service so I'm happy to hear that we've been helpful along the way. Thanks again, we appreciate your business.

Replied 14/03/2019
Laura
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

Buddy Punch Review

Buddy Punch has been fantastic. Love it and would keep using it.

Pros

Buddy Punch is very easy to use. The software is pretty intuitive and I'm glad more features as being added regularly because obviously it make my job easier and often they are features that I didn't even know I needed!

Cons

This isn't about the software, but the customer service. I understand the reasons for not providing a customer service number and all seem valid. However, I think it would be a good option for those of us that just can't seem to get a clue on a particular issue. What I will say is that the staff is really responsive and not having a live person to talk to makes this old lady (kinda) figure it out!

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Laura for the review and your business, it is great to hear that you are finding us easy to use. We provide instant chat support instead of phone support, we understand that everyone has different preferences and we appreciate your feedback.

Replied 01/11/2022
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 02/03/2019

Happy customer

Many of our employees work on the road going to many customers in a day, some of this involves hours of driving, this software allows ease of tracking travel time vs time with and at the customer to do our testing.

Whenever we have had ideas for improvements or changes in the software the folks here at Buddy Punch listen and address, we've even had suggest that seemed like maybe that palm to the forehead moment for them and within 24 hours the wish we had is a reality! That is a software writer that listens and responds very refreshing!

Pros

Our employees have little trouble using this method for time tracking and have given us limited to no complaints.

Cons

I can't really say there is a "least" like about this software, which I guess is the best you can hope for as a software.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you James for the review and your continued business. We take feedback seriously with our customers with our goal to make Buddy Punch valuable to your business while easy to use. I'm glad we were able to turn your feedback into a feature! Thanks again.

Replied 08/03/2019
Jim
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 30/01/2020

Well Done Time Tracking Software

This software has accomplished what we were hoping for - punching in and out when on site. We are a custom fab shop, so we use a lot of job codes and the software is easy to use for purpose. We eliminated paper tallies which over the course of a years time has saved us payroll in regards to employee rounding time on time sheets. I am able to access all the information even when I am on the road, so I am always in the loop on attendance and who is working on what projects.

Pros

Easy to train employees
Easy to set-up and implement
Straight forward user interface
Geofence ability (user must punch in specified areas)

Cons

Would like customizable report options
I sometimes forget when setting up a new user to add them to the Geofence. Our company has only one location so an automatic add would be nice.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Jim for the review, it's great to hear that you're utilizing our Geofencing feature and that you're finding us easy to use. We appreciate the feedback and your business!

Replied 31/01/2020
Courtney
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 26/01/2024

Buddy Punch Review

Started using Buddy Punch in November of 2022 when I was Hired at Swift. I honestly like being able to login this way, see my entire week laid out in front of me- I just really like the ease of tracking my hours on Buddy Punch.

Pros

I enjoy being able to clock in & out of my account with ease, easily fix any mistakes if I forget to clock out & make a note of it, etc.

Cons

Everytime I login it always asks me for permission to use my camera. I do NOT like this & don't understand why it asks me this every. single. time I login. Very annoying.

Response from Buddy Punch

It's great to know that Buddy Punch is working well for you in tracking your hours. Should the camera permission prompt continue to be a concern, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team, Courtney. We're here to help and make sure your experience is hassle-free. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

Replied 30/01/2024
Dawn
  • Industry: Law Enforcement

Reviewed on 28/08/2023

Buddy Punch is a helpful tool in the time keeping system.

My experience has been good.

Pros

For people who are computer literate it is very user friendly.

Cons

If an employee punches in an incorrect time or date, they cannot change it themselves.If an employee is computer illiterate, they have more problems handling the program.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Dawn for the review, it is great to hear that your experience has been good and your users have found us user-friendly. We do have the option to enable editing for employees, which can involve an approval process. This way employees can request edits if they make a mistake. We will reach out with further information, thanks again!

Replied 30/08/2023
Jessica

Reviewed on 27/04/2016

AMAZING ALL AROUND PRODUCT AND SERVICE!!!!!!

Buddypunch gives us a lot of abilities to manage our employee that we didn't have before. We literally made the leap from paper timesheets to a system that every employee has to utilize.
As you can imagine, there were some lagging employees that did not embrace the idea of change. Once employees gained experience with the service, it has become a monumental change for our agency.

A typical timeclock system would not work for our company. We have several different types of employees and own about 100 units that for certain staff, their work needs to be costed to certain locations. We have employees that are only administrative that can clock in at their desk, but we also have traveling employees who need the freedom of punching in on their phones. We needed a time keeping system that traveling employees could use, but also management could track their locations.

Buddypunch has given us the ability to add all of our locations and all of our different types of work that can be performed (admin, accounting, HR, meeting etc.). As time has gone on, and employees are fully on the BP system, management is now able to ask questions like, "Why are the employees at the Fort Myers office working 25% administrative time than our other locations?"

The BEST part, in my opinion, is the customer service I have received. It is as easy as pressing a button to put in a request. Believe me, I have made several requests (more than I care to tell) on things I would like to see in the future or suggestions that would make Buddypunch better reporting wise and for my company. I am always addressed within a few hours, and I HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN SOME OF THE CHANGES I'VE REQUESTED.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Jessica for the glowing and thorough review! It really gives insight into your daily use of Buddy Punch and how it has uniquely helped your business from not only a time keeping perspective but from reporting perspective as well. We appreciate the kind words and are happy that not only has the system been perfect for your business but that the customer service you have received has met and exceeded your needs. Thank you for being a Buddy Punch customer, we appreciate it!

Replied 29/04/2016
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 28/03/2023

Great Scheduler!

Pros

The product is extremely user friendly. It is very easy to clock in/out and to schedule staff from a scheduler perspective.

Cons

The payroll module is not available to Canadian users. :(Integrations with many major payroll services are available but not Sage accounting. :(It would be ideal if user alerts/notifications could be available to remind teams to submit their timecards.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you James for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us extremely user friendly! In regards to payroll you are correct, US only for now. For the time card reminders, we do have them as well as reminders to approve. We'll reach out with details. We appreciate your business!

Replied 05/04/2023