About AvidXchange

AvidXchange offers accounts payable software solutions and dedicated service teams that help automate your AP and payment process, replacing manual AP with a digital application suite that provides you with 24/7 on-demand, remote...

Browse AvidXchange Reviews

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

An Efficient Invoicing Tool

Avid has been a solid tool for my company to make purchase orders and pay invoices.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use and I really like the comment feature that allows you to easily communicate with the next approvers in the workflow. This communication feature is especially helpful when you are working with people in other offices. The Avid processors are efficient at extracting data from invoices when they are sent in which saves data entry time.

Cons

Setup and implementation took longer than we would have liked and I personally don't like the interface that much. In addition I've experienced many times when the file was too large (above 5 MB?) for Avid to upload which was frustrating because expense reports often are large files.

Douglas E.

AvidXchange from a VP Perspective

It has much us much more efficient and allows us to focus our attentions on more important things than pushing paper

Pros

It makes life easier. It takes away the mundane and allowed us to cut back on headcount

Cons

I think the customer service and case creation process could be much improved.

Marc N.

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

Avid Exchange has completely streamlined our AP process.

Improved AP workflow, all automated and no more paper!

Pros

The software is easy to use and the support is top notch. Once the workflows are setup invoices move seamlessly through the approval process.

Cons

My only gripe would be on the Avid Pay module. Would love to see them offer for payments to be paid via ACH rather than just virtual card or check.

Top AvidXchange Alternatives

John G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 09/04/2020

Good Accounting Tool

I was skeptical at first about changing to this software but once I learned the system and all the available features, I found it to be very easy to use and the reporting out of the system was very user friendly.

Pros

It is easy to enter information into the system and edits are very easy to do. The reporting out of the system was also a marked improvement over our previous software.

Cons

I really don't have any negatives to talk about. It was so much of an improvement over our previous system.

Mark S.

Reviewed on 26/01/2019

Good Program

Pros

I've been using AVID for a few years and it definitely helps me save time. It is pretty easy to use and I'd definitely recommend it to others.

Cons

It's been awhile since I set it up, but I remember it was quite a bit of work to get things going. However that is pretty true of most software when getting started.

Levi G.

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

I submit reimbursement requests through Avid as a volunteer of Elevation Church.

Pros

I love the ability to submit reimbursement electronically and that when a request is submitted correctly, I receive a confirmation email to know that it was accepted.

Cons

I wish Avid had the ability to accept requests in .jpg format instead of just PDF but it is not a huge issue.

Stephanie M.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

AvidExchange has made it easy to submit reimbursements quickly to my finance department.

Smooth and quick turn around time for reimbursements.

Pros

Avid is quite easy to upload reimbursement forms and receipts to submit them for payment. If uploaded in the time frame required by my organization, I receive payment quickly and without issue.

Cons

When uploading photos, there is a limit to image size that can be attached. It requires me to download a smaller size or compress the receipt image to submit my request.

Omikka C.

Reviewed on 17/10/2018

Awesome for invoice tracking and AP

Pros

Very easy to set up and use, great customer service. Quick and easy to learn.

Cons

Indexers. Invisible trolls that come with the software who go in, pull the invoices and assign them where they want, so there may be invoices in random queues that are paid late, unless you check the random queues often.

Catherine R.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

AvidXchange

I have been very happy with the product. It provides the options that we were looking for when considering purchase. We only utilize the purchasing, reports, and PO function. When choosing a product we were looking for something that could integrate with Microsoft GP. We did customize a number of things to fit our business and everyone at AvidXchange were great while working thru the process.

Pros

AvidXchange has helped streamline our invoice processing; to eliminate paper, and approval routing time. It provides the approving team access to see where it is in the approval/payment process and see payment information. By providing this information at their fingertips it saves us from receiving emails/phone calls looking for basic information. Overall the departments that use the system are very happy with having access to their invoices in one place.

Cons

The reporting system is cumbersome. I would like a report that would let me customize the detail I am looking for.

Amy D.

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

Seamless approvals and time saving

Pros

AvidSuite is so easy to use and makes work more flexible. We are able to work on our payables from anywhere. The approval process is seamless and the memorization of accounts to properties makes this process much faster than what we were doing before AvidXchange.

Cons

The reports are not user friendly. It is extremely difficult to find the report that I want, unless someone from Customer Care assists me. Would be better if this were more user friendly.

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

I have been using Avid for about 4 years to review and approve various departmental invoices.

Pros

I like that it is easy to find invoices already in the system. I can search by vendor name or invoice number and the invoice and it's history will be retrieved right away.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that once the invoice has been approved and batched to be paid on a certain date, there really is no way for you to know if the check has been cut or sent until the accounts payable department manually updates each invoice with it's check image and number. Wish there was a way for it to be automatically added to Avid and where you can check on the status right away.

Response from AvidXchange

Thank you for the review! Great to see that we're helping your AP process be more efficient.

I would love to learn more about the challenges you're having with check payments so we can make sure our product team is aware. Please feel free to reach out. Thank you!

Replied 29/07/2018
Valerie V.

Avid is completely paperless

We absolutely love it but we wish the minor glitches of the upgrade would be a little smoother.

Pros

When the pandemic hit our company survived because of Avid. It helped us continue our daily functions from home without skipping a beat.

Cons

When you guys upgrade the system seems to slow down and we had a lot of downtime with the latest upgrade.

Jeff S.

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

Avidexchange functionality

Simple and efficient way to process invoice payment

Pros

Easy way to approve invoices electronically.
Easy to communicate with other users of software.
Avidpay witthout checks being issued

Cons

Nothing. The software meets all my requirements of an approver of tenant invoices

Danielle M.

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Avid Xchange

So easy to use; love being able to send comments through invoices and everything is well documented - great for audits

Pros

Covers all bases and completely paperless

Cons

No cons at all as long as you are using a supported browser

Hong R.

Great addition to our Business

Overall I believe it is a great addition to our Business. The time saved is quite a difference. It has been a positive addition. From processing, to paying the payables and to keeping the the history.

Pros

The invoicing, paying out, invoice capture

Cons

The check payment history is hard to use and also doesn't always give enough information

Jennifer F.

Reviewed on 19/08/2021

Pros

Avid invoice processing and coding is easily mainstreemed

Cons

The payments through avid take way too long

Ben S.

Reviewed on 28/12/2020

Manage Your Complex Accounts Payable Processes

Overall, AvidXchange has been invaluable to our AP business processes. It integrates with our MRI property management software, as well as Quickbooks, and provides a multi-layered and visible approach to our invoice submission, approval and payment processes.

Pros

Love the ability to search by multiple criteria, including invoice #, vendor name, entity, etc., as well as the ability to view images of the actual invoices themselves. You can also email other people from within Avid to get questions answered regarding an invoice and track those conversations in real time.

Cons

AvidXchange recently changed its UI, and not for the better. For one, when searching for invoices by vendor, Avid always loads results in order from oldest date to newest date which doesn't make much sense. As far as we know, there is no way to change that default. Additionally, the process for selecting multiple values in a search result (i.e. invoices for multiple entities by vendor) is very non-intuitive, as you used to be able to see what specific values were selected after having done so, rather than just seeing a quantity selected. It's a small detail, but very annoying.

Zeah S.

Reviewed on 29/08/2018

Avid through KeyBank

We have had Avid for a little over a year now and are steadily increasing the invoices that we are sending through the program. Due to our business we cannot currently send all of our invoices through the system. They did a great job of working through our problems at the beginning with respect to uploading and downloading data to and from QuickBooks. Great implementation team and customer service who respond quickly to problems.

Pros

The single platform that allows us to process and pay invoices with one login

Cons

Had functional flow issues when logging on that have since implementation been fixed.

Andy S.

Reviewed on 18/04/2019

Easy to Use AP Processing Software

This saves us time and money every week.

Pros

This has been a time and money saver for me. Able to have invoices uploaded directly to the portal, and approve and have Avid pay the items on our behalf. No longer need to worry about doing costly and timely check runs every week.

Cons

I don't have any complaints at this time for how we use the software.

Rachel H.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 25/05/2019

A+ for AvidXchange

We've been so pleased with our transition to AvidXchange and the support we've received throughout the process.

Pros

It is simple to learn and maintain, and it streamlines our invoice processing and purchase orders. Teams across our organization can submit for reimbursements quickly, contractors can be paid easily, and paper waste is significantly reduced. Customer service is excellent.

Cons

The purchase order system isn't exactly perfect for our organization, but the small issues we've found aren't because of an issue with Avid; it's more about the way our organization is set up.

David S.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 27/12/2017

Fairly decent product that gets the job done

Pros

It is fairly easy to use and the functionality is wide spread. I have not really contacted customer support for any issues yet

Cons

We had some issues during implementation which took longer than we would have liked. The partner who implemented was not fully aware of the setup process and that cost us some time.

Response from AvidXchange

Hi David - Thank you for taking the time to review AvidXchange. Glad to see you're enjoying the product, particularly the ease of use.

If you have a spare minute, I would love to pick your brain on how we can do even better in the future, especially how we can improve the implementation experience. I can be reached directly at BillKing [at] avidxchange.com.

Thanks again for the review!

Replied 28/12/2017
Scot S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 23/01/2019

Makes tracking so simple

Pros

This works great for us to track our invoices.

Cons

Too new to have cons about this software.

Grace L.

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

Avoid at All Costs

Pros

There is not much we liked about using this software. The pricing is incredibly high when used with multiple bank accounts. We used the software to manage invoices for condo associations and if you are a property manager, we would highly recommend using Appfolio instead. The user interface is better and there is no charge for bank accounts or for invoice uploads. Plus the cost per invoice is much better in Appfolio.

Cons

The customer support is fairly slow and makes it really hard to solve issues that come up. It's not uncommon for a customer support ticket to remain open for weeks and to need to follow up multiple times. The straw that broke the camels back for us was when we transitioned out, we staying the software for a few days of the next month. The company would not prorate our bill even though we did not use the system in the final month. Bad customer service until the very end.

Jaime B.

Accounting with Avid

Very good, great customer service and a very helpful product

Pros

The integrations with our other software

Cons

The log in to look up transactions is not user friendly. Trying to search for a specify transaction is very challenging.

Josh C.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

Simplify Your AP Process

Overall, AvidXchange has saved our company a lot of time. When I first started, I would have employees from different departments coming into my office and handing me invoices. This was not only hard to keep track of, but the invoice would need to be uploaded into the system by me (only one person reviewing header details), I would need to scan the invoice if I wanted a PDF to be attached to the NetSuite record, and then I would need to physically file the invoice. Now, it's as simple as reviewing the invoice in Avid's user-friendly portal and syncing it into our accounting system. Each department will get an invoice based on the supplier's workflow that was set in Avid and all they have to do is review, select what GL they would like to put the invoice to, and submit.

Overall experience has been great. One of the few companies we work with that we actually like and feel we are getting our money's worth with. Definitely urge anyone who is looking for an automated A/P system to give Avid a try.

Pros

- AvidXchange has indexers who automatically enter the basic invoice/bill data, then send it into the proper workflow to be reviewed, approved and paid.
- Customer Service is phenomenal. I have never had to wait more than 12 hours for a reply. If a check is lost in the mail, Avid will immediately void and re-issue a new check to your supplier.
- A/P workflows provide a seamless and efficient way for a bill to be reviewed and approved from the right department. It allows for flexibility and completely removes the need for physical copies of invoices.
- Reduces paper.
- Our company uses AvidXchange with NetSuite, and we love the fact that invoices are automatically tied in to the NetSuite bills. Easy way to find a document during audits.
- Overall worth every penny.

Cons

- Unable to make changes to supplier preferences for your supplier. Instead, you will need to have your supplier reach out to Avid and have them select any payment options, etc.. This isn't a huge deal, but sometimes I wish we could make changes for our customer since they aren't the ones using the software. Other changes can be made by the user, such as address changes, company name changes, etc.. This mostly refers to how a supplier would like to receive payment through AvidPay.
- Indexers can make mistakes on basic invoice header data, but this is very rare.