Articulate 360 Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Articulate 360

Articulate 360 is the #1 creator platform for workplace learning. Creators save time with 1,000+ pre-built courses, lessons, and templates; an easy-to-use review tool; and live and on-demand online training. Businesses save money...

Browse Articulate 360 Reviews

Nina
Nina

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

Articulate 360 - One Stop Shop for E-Learning Courses

Overall, we find that Articulate courses are the most popular thing that we sell to our clients. We needed a way to show clients that our training is not boring and that something simple and interactive can do the trick. The knowledge checks and interactivity have increased retention of training by 40% with the use of these products, externally for our clients and internally for our team when we use it for training purposes. We've also found that it keeps clients engaged throughout, as they are able to have access to it and provide feedback easily. It helps them feel like they are part of the whole thing, rather than just being shown a final product without any say.

Pros

What I love about Articulate is the ease of use. We use this for internal and external process and we rarely run into issues where people don't know how to use it. It's a clean and clear design which is also helpful for the type of training we create, since we are usually pairing down dense content and making it more interesting. The modern interface and features makes our products look great and makes the customer happy because they now have something that feels more exciting to their learners. The ability to add voiceover in Storyline and adding graphics/widgets in Rise are little things that go a long way in helping to make our training interactive and much more interesting for clients. The project review tab also makes it easy for our clients to go in and add feedback and for us to retain that feedback, which helps with the efficiency of the project (less calls, emails, etc).

Cons

I do sometimes wish we had the opportunity to add voiceover within Articulate, particularly in Rise. We'd like to be able to have a few more options for that as our clients request it frequently and we feel like we have to do a stop-gap approach of just small snippets. I also know that the widgets don't always function as they should, however, these are small glitches that usually are handled by the Articulate team quickly.

Aimee
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 02/03/2023

Worth the investment

I got several free trials with Articulate before I decided to purchase it. All of the free trials give you access to the full functionality of the software and by the second time I had run through it I knew that it was absolutely worth the price. It’s like hiring a person with impeccable design skills to build your course for you, except you have to actually put in the work but the ease of the process and beautiful outcome is worth every penny.

Pros

This state of the art software will inspire you to build better courses! The thing I love about Articulate 360 is that it provides you with a beautiful user interface that will inspire your course creation. So many other course creation tools are clunky and slow. Articulate 360 is the exact opposite of that. It’s fast it’s super smooth in all of his operations, and because of that I find myself constantly inspired to create new content.

Cons

The worst thing about this software is that it cost over $1000 and they don’t have a payment plan or a monthly option.

Reasons for Choosing Articulate 360

I had a really come up with my own DIY solution to build my courses. When I started building them in articulate the value of my courses went through the roof. They are worth 10x more now just because of the way that I’m presenting the material is so much better than I ever figured out how to do on my own. I ended up raising my prices on all of my courses after upgrading the content in Articulate.

WordPress , Canva and Divi

Reasons for Switching to Articulate 360

It has a lot better user experience, it’s a lot faster, it integrates with an the rise platform that gives you tons of templates that are super customizable for any course you could ever imagine teaching.
Jim
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 09/02/2017

I see a lot of 5 star reviews but not a lot of 5 star reasons

It seems quite obvious that many of these reviews are written by administrators justifying their software purchase decision or individuals who don't actually understand what causes individuals to retain content. Having a slide deck with a screen recording, audio, and questions (drag & drop, multi choice, etc) was groundbreaking 9 years ago when I first saw them. Now it's expected in a training software. This software has the category simulations listed, but this doesn't do simulations unless you have programmed your own javascript page and inserted it into the articulate. (I can do that in a powerpoint just as easy) A 5 star software should have actual simulations where the learner can make mistakes navigating systems and see the consequences of the wrong choice. It's difficult to make them, but when they are made can communicate what tens of slides won't accomplish, no matter how many assessments and matching exercises you have, because the skill being demonstrated isn't what is being actually tested for with the questions, the questions will demonstrate the learner could memorize, but nothing in the questions shows they know how to apply the content in context of a scenario. How many managers get emails with attachments from unknown sources which they open? Yes, they took an assessment that they knew the information, but without practical application the material fell on ears that could regurgitate the responses but could not apply the process. News flash, it's still an issue, and the power points and articulate screen grabs will come until real simulations show the real world and how to avoid the pitfalls.

Pros

Not much

Cons

It is not much of an authoring platform with most features available in the most basic LMS.

Top Articulate 360 Alternatives

Shyla

Reviewed on 14/10/2021

Easy and Powerful

Overall, I'm thrilled with the experience my team and I have had using Articulate 360 to develop the eLearning content and assessments that we need to bring our training program in to a blended training environment. We started using Articulate 360 in a post-COVID world and were able to be up and running with it after only a few hours of training. It is truly intuitive to use. The support provided to my team has been amazing the few times we have had issues.

Pros

Articulate 360 comes with a full and powerful suite of software that is easy to learn and easy to use, including Storyline 360. My team consists of a mixture of veteran and novice instructional designers and facilitators. Presenter 360 is especially useful for my novice designers and facilitators as it is so easy to use and mirrors the PowerPoint software they are already familiar with, while giving them the power of a Storyline project. The training and community support available are unmatched with any other software I have used to date.

Cons

Templates can be built and reused easily for Storyline, but not as easily for Rise. There have been a few issues with certain fonts not being supported, but the help desk reached back out to me (almost 8 months later) when the issue was resolved. The content library is immense and included, but will not load more than ~20 pictures at a time.

Adobe Captivate and Litmos

Reasons for Switching to Articulate 360

We chose to go with Articulate 360 as it had the shortest learning curve and the easiest onboarding. The support and training are unparalleled.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 27/04/2021

This software will make your life easier - and much more fun for your learners.

I am able to create engaging and interactive training content. Gone are the days of uploading a video recording or PowerPoint for my corporate learners. They get a condensed, to-the-point training that is meaningful and FUN.

Pros

This software has changed my life and the experience of the learners I develop content for. Articulate 360 gives options. Have an amazing idea and need to start from scratch? Storyline is the place to go. It is so easy to use and there are a ton of tutorials, suggestions, and examples in the community forums. The templates in Rise allow for quick development of modern, easy to navigate online training (and I have used them to present information as well). The Content library is AMAZING! From photos to illustrations and icons - you'll find what you need. I no longer have to go to outside sources - everything I need is in the content library.

Cons

The only suggestion I have is regarding Rise. I love how easy it is to plug and play information but I would like to see just a little more flexibility with editing. If I want to change more of the look I will just use Storyline, but Rise has a nice feel to it and would just like to make small edits - like remove a line in one of the text formats (I think it's statement A. There are workarounds, but more flexibility with design)>

Reasons for Switching to Articulate 360

I chose Articulate 360 because of it's ease of use during the trial period. Unfortunately I could never get Captivate to download. I loved how my finished product looked when using Storyline and Rise, the content library is so extensive, and it is super easy to download my finished course and upload it directly into my LMS. My customers love the product I am delivering and its all because of this software.

Reviewed on 07/11/2019

Storyline is Good - Could be Better

Great tool for creating/editing e-learnings. Will need to take some courses to become proficient in it as it's not the easiest software to learn. Customer care is not always the best as they will point you to a blog of other IDs who are posing questions and relaying on other IDs to build that. Storyline support should be able to answer more questions than relying on their users to answer them.

Pros

Overall features are great for designing e-learning courses. Overall user friendly. Ability to publish in multiple ways including SCORM, PPT, etc. Streamlines the creation of elearning courses

Cons

While overall its easy to user, there are some features that are missing from Storyline and require you to build using java script. Thus in order to be a master of Storyline, you also have to be a master of java script. If the software can do something, it should be able to be built using the software, not going somewhere else.

Reasons for Choosing Articulate 360

Storyline is more inline with the future of elearning than captivate.

Reasons for Switching to Articulate 360

Storyline allows for more interaction in the creation of courses than captivate does.
Brandon
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Truly the best authoring tools!

Storyline is incredibly easy to learn. If you want to do something, you can always find a way to make it happen in Storyline. I credit the training I have created to being able to have access to this tool.

Pros

Articulate 360 suite has all of the tools I need to create the best e-learning possible and then some. It's intuitive to figure things out and takes very little time for a new user to learn.

One feature I recently discovered and now LOVE, is the translation function. One simple button allows me to print out a word document to send out for translation. Once the translator updates the word document, I just upload it back into the training and within minutes, the entire course content is translated; all on-screen text, notes text, buttons, everything. It places the text right where it needs to be with all the same font settings. Even better is the text to speech functionality allows you to insert audio in many languages and dialects with closed captioning. Great for companies that need training in multiple languages.

Cons

I really cannot think of anything that I dislike about this software.

Adobe Captivate and Lectora

Reasons for Switching to Articulate 360

Before purchasing, I compared Articulate 360 to Adobe Captivate. In this comparison, I can honestly say there were more features in Articulate 360 than Captivate and where both had the same feature most of them were more advanced and easier to use in Storyline. A huge bonus for me was Rise. For the last year I really overlooked this feature. After trying this part of the Suite, I love it! It makes simple training easy to create and easy for learners to get it. The product comes out beautifully and the feedback from learners has been exceptional. This comparison seems to be a common one that I have seen over the years. While Storyline may have limitations years ago, they have truly listened to customers and continued to develop new features and enhance features as well. Captivate really has had very few changes in the last few years and seems like they are being pushed out of the authoring tool market by Articulate and others.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Game Changer for Instructional Designers

This has completely elevated our department's ability to create organization-specific training. We can quickly create professional looking programs that continue to impress our stakeholders. I cannot confidently say that our previous internally created eLearning courses were up to this caliber that now Articulate 360 gives us.

Pros

This is such an easy tool to adopt and use for training. We use this to create training programs for various initiatives at our organization. All products help us make the final eLearning courses for our stakeholders. From the video creation capabilities found in Peek and Replay 36 to making interactive content in Storyline and Rise. It also makes it absolutely easy for your stakeholders to give feedback on the material created when using the Review feature. Comments can be made directly onto a slide and/or scene of your course. It is also extremely easy to create a professional looking and cohesive program using the different templates and media found in the Content Library. I am so happy we got this product since Adobe is a steep learning curve for those of us new to instructional design.

Cons

Perhaps my biggest pain point is in regards to logging in. Sometimes, I receive errors while logging on. I believe it has something to do with my organization's strict information security / networking guidelines. They are wary of cloud-based systems right now.

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

SilkWeb, an eLearning Company Prefers Articulate 360

I have been using Storyline for over 6 years.

Pros

The best product in this learning suite is Storyline. You can do essentially anything you want with this Storyline in terms of eLearning. From animations to simulations to videos, this product is an excellent partner when developing online courses.

Cons

Rise, which is also a product in this suite has a ton of potential, but there are some major flaws. For example, you cannot copy or move individual screens to a new lesson. It is also not very great if you want to add audio to screens. You can import individual Storyline screens into a Rise project, but at that point, you may as well just build in Storyline. I see its usefulness for novice developers as its very easy to use, as opposed to Storyline which is very technical to use and really made for professional developers.

Low
Low
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 12/03/2021

Switched over from iSpring

Good, no issue. Community forum was helpful. Video tutorials are helpful.

Pros

Rise was very intuitive to use.

Neat interface.

The features allow the course to be interactive and engages with users.

Rise integrates with Storyline.

Cons

Rise can be a bit more customised (e.g. font type, layout, course structure, block format).

Quite costly.

Ana

Reviewed on 19/07/2021

An e-learning must!

We realized that Articulate 360 includes a wide range of tools that helps us create content for our virtual courses. We can have PowerPoints with interactive elements and audio integrated, we can have a Rise course, self paced, in which the student gets a very contemporary look and variety of media that illustrates the information. Engage makes easy interactions to navigate through information. Storyline is just... amazing, it gets so much done, it has endless possibilities. We love this products.

Pros

Articulate Storyline is the one we use and like the most. It's easy to start producing e-learning content thanks to the familiarity the interface has in regards to PowerPoint. One can easily find and edit anything they might need.

Cons

There are some things that need to be researched to get done on software and that they get discussed on Articulate's forum. I wish they added new features often, with more updates. For example, there's no specific "timer" option on evaluations. This could easily be added, but it has to be programmed. That's the way I've gotten around to having that done, at least.

iSpring Suite and Adobe Captivate

Reasons for Switching to Articulate 360

Easier use, variety of tools integrated to 360, compatibility with our platforms, quality in the publication of courses.
Elizabeth
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 19/05/2021

Must-Have

I love it..it's been a great software to help introduce asynchronous learning into an organization that didn't embrace tech solutions for learning.

Pros

I love the different options this software has. Articulate Rise is so easy to use and build out courses. Storyline is much more challenging but the ability to create fun, engaging, interactive and interesting courses is endless! The templates are great to help people get started and learn about layers and triggers.

Cons

There's not easy way to rapid prototype a Storyline course so I am using that less frequently than I would like to.

Reasons for Switching to Articulate 360

It's a great product and well known in the industry.
Anthony
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 11/06/2021

Articulate 360 - Great tool! But take advantage of videos/books to learn the functionality.

In addition to creating e-courses, I was able to use 360 to troubleshoot and fix existing classes created by internal/external vendors.

Pros

Once you get used to/comfortable with Articulate 360, the process to create an e-course becomes simple. Very easy to upload and use PowerPoint as the template for e-courses.

Cons

It's not an easy software to learn. I attended several training courses with experts to learn how to use 360.

Microsoft PowerPoint

Reasons for Switching to Articulate 360

A few years ago, 360 was at the top of e-course development tool, while PowerPoint was simply used for presentations. However, Microsoft is starting to catch up and contain many tools within 360 at a fraction of the cost.
Tim

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Powerful eLearning Platform Suite

Overall, this platform is all that I need. It functions well even on my older Windows Surface. Sure there are minor things that can be a nuisance, but that is true of most platforms and many times it is a matter of learning and adjusting. When you adopt Articulate 360, you are joining a whole community of eLearning designers and developers with a wealth of experience. To me, having a community around a platform is invaluable.

Pros

Articulate 360 is a suite of eLearning programs allowing you to developing engaging online learning content in numerous ways and for different levels of users. Need and easy-to-use tool to create dynamic content that is responsive design without a lot of effort, Rise is just one simple tool that is also quite powerful (i.e. you can embed Storyline content into Rise). Want to give your PowerPoint a lift, Articulate Studio 360 to the rescue. Articulate 360 includes an online Review program allowing others to provide feedback. Articulate has an extensive Content Library 360 available of characters, poses, illustrations, photos so you may not have to spend a ton licensing content for your eLearning. Articulate also provides tools for capturing and recording your screen. But the piece de la resistance is Articulate Storyline 360. This is the anchor of Articulate and like so many robust tools there is a learning curve. The good news is there is a strong online Articulate Community and you can find answers and solutions from others who have no doubt been down the road ahead of you. The webinars that they do are outstanding in quality and I attend as many as I can.

Cons

The continual updates came to bite Articulate, and me as a user. One day after updating, which I do routinely I found my ability to Preview content in Articulate Storyline 360 to not work properly. The ability to Preview content and see the timing of elements on a slide is critical. The good news is I was able to uninstall the update and work in an earlier version. However, while Articulate continued to release updates and add features, I was unable to take advantage of them. The coordination of information by their Technical Support on this critical issue was sub par. I was more apt to figure out when a solution was available through trial and error. Although this earlier issue has been mostly resolved, it still has some lingering problems. Again, the Articulate Community far exceeds the copy/paste responses you can get from Technical Support.

• Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

The best option for now, but lots of room for improvement

Overall, I am happy with the product, but it's mainly because there doesn't seem to be a better option at the moment. If they could apply more resources to these products to fix bugs and add features, I think they'd have something no other tool could even touch. But it seems like updates to 360 tools is not something they take seriously.

Pros

Articulate Rise is currently my favorite tool for simple web based training development. Very easy to build beautiful and responsive courses that flow well and are easy to navigate. Great interactive elements that work well on any device, and overall a very nice tool for simple elearning courses.

Cons

Support and frequency of updates are just horrible. I've never worked with a product that was so poorly supported and so painfully slow to receive product updates and new features. Manny very basic feature requests that have been submitted on multiple tools within the 360 suite by hundreds of users have been "in development" for over 4 years. In the 3 years I've used the toolset, bug fixes and feature updates have been so infrequent, they're almost non-existent.

Leonardo
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 24/11/2022

Powerful authoring tools for e-learning development

I am responsible for creating e-learning courses, and I find that articulate 360 (Rise and Storyline) are the best authoring tools that someone can find in the market. However, it is quite pricy. I think the target group could be for medium and large company size.

Pros

Articulate could be split in two parts: Rise and Storyline. Rise is an authoring tool that gives the essential to create and publish an e-learning, which could include text, audio, video, pictures, a few interactions, and the possibility to create interactive questions. Storyline is the complement for any e-learning, you can create powerful software simulations and interactive e-learning or just the interactive part of the e-learning, which can be uploaded into the Rise.Moreover, the Articulate 360 community and support are active and helpful, you can find all answers to your questions.

Cons

I think working with Articulate Storyline could be a little complicate at the beginning, despite the free training offered by this company. It takes time to get use to the interface and programming (when you use variables).

Veronica

Reviewed on 15/03/2017

Articulate 360 - Every an e-learning developer needs

Articulate 360 is a suite of e-learning products every e-learning developer should have. We know how great and popular Storyline is, and now Storyline 360 is even better. Add to that the new Content Library, Rise and Review, among others, and you're set!

Beginners can create great looking e-learning literally in minutes, while it's powerful enough for advanced users to create complex pieces. Rise, the new fully responsive authoring tool, is a breeze to use and produces stunning, responsive results.

Best of all, with the new subscription model users get fixes, updates and new features super regularly.

I've managed to reduce my operating costs too. I no longer need an expensive subscription to a reviewing service because Articulate Review is included in the suite and does an awesome job. Easy to upload and share, great version control and commenting functions. I have cancelled 3 other subscriptions: 2 for images and 1 for videos because I can now get all the assets I need in Content Library.

Overall, I would highly recommend this software to beginner and advanced e-learning developers alike. Highly satisfied.

Pros

Ease of use and power.
Range of tools to do all the jobs I need.
Subscription model with frequent updates.

Cons

Would like to see an option to pay for a subscription monthly, with a discount for annual payments.

Kristóf

Reviewed on 05/03/2024

Best eLearning development tool on the market

Pros

It's really easy to get the basics down with Articulate but when you want to dig deeper there are always ways to improve you courses with advanced triggers, variables, javascript.

Cons

Sometimes it's unstable, slow. The amount of built-in animations could be more and there is still no Mac version.

Ezzy
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

Articulate 360 - Easy to Use

Overall, Articulate 360 has been a pretty great product that is helping us reach our eLearning goals.

Pros

Articulate 360 feels like PowerPoint in its user interface and is very intuitive and easy to use. You can put together very smart-looking eLearning very quickly. There is a lot of common functionality built in so you don't have to build from the ground up every time like you do with Adobe Captivate. There's also a very large library of imaging which helps when you need to build quickly. The online support community for Articulate can't be beat. They are there to not only help when you have a problem, but they encourage you to grow as a designer.

Cons

I feel like there are hot keys missing. I wish there was a hotkey to add a text entry field or a hot spot. I also want to be able to move items around the screen one pixel at a time with my mouse rather than having to use CNTRL and SHIFT. The interface feels a lot like PowerPoint to me so while it's easy to use, it's not really very interesting visually, which can matter when you are trying to explain to an executive or stakeholder that building eLearning is a lot more complicated than just building in PowerPoint. The triggers are also a little confusing.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 10/01/2018

I have SL2 and love how interactive I can make my courses. I have been using it for three...

Mainly information on ID best practices and some "how tos" from their blog and community. It can be really engaging and fun to create a course using SL2. I like their templates as they are easy to customize. However, now there is SL3 and 360, so getting help or templates for SL2 are few and far between.

Pros

The free templates are amazing. I love their community site that is up-to-date on LD trends and challenges. Everyone that has taken one of my courses on SL2 likes how fun and engaging they can be. I can add all types of file formats, different types of quizzes, interaction, and multimedia.

Cons

I never seem to feel like an expert as some of the functions/interactions are hard to create. I went to a two day training on SL2 and it didn't teach me enough as I am still trying to figure out variables and how they work. Sometimes the E-Learning Heroes take days to get back to me if I have an issue and don't always explain in detail how to correct the issue.

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

Perfect tool for avid developers

Pros

I love how intuitive the UI is - very similar to the familiar Office suite. Tons of triggers, animations, and media types to make great elearning. Especially useful is the layers function, which makes it easier to create rich media and manage the source files.

Lots of my clients really appreciate the review site and our communication there, and it makes it easier for me to manage feedback!

Cons

You definitely need to be an expert in order to make the most of this tool; while a novice may be able to create objects and basic animations, you've got to dive pretty deep to use all of the features. You'd be surprised that the elearning courses you've taken before which look like they are built by the most creative developers and designers are actually done in Storyline.

It's also insanely expensive and make it cost prohibitive for most.

Reviewed on 29/12/2018

Great Tool for Developing Interactive Learning Experiences

Before I used Storyline for eLearning development I used Authorware and then Flash. With Authorware and Flash I felt I could do anything I wanted to do! With Storyline, there are some constraints, but development is much quicker than with Flash. I still don't like it as well as Authorware, but Storyline is growing on me after 2.5 years of use.

Pros

Very good tutorials for beginning users, triggers allow for some programming without actually writing code, easy to quickly develop branching scenarios and highly interactive training modules, nice features such as markers for optional information and simple video and sound editing (minimal but still handy). Another pro is the huge community of users and the forum (hosted and moderated by Articulate).

Cons

Can be buggy. Triggers allow for some programming, but there is no equivalent to arrays, which can be frustrating.

Reviewed on 14/05/2018

An extremely intuitive and easy-to-use authoring tool

This is a great all-around authoring tool which can be used by both beginners for quick solutions and also experts to create high-quality learning experiences.

Pros

Storyline is one of the easiest and most intuitive rapid authoring tools on the market. Not only is it easy to use, it also has a large support network in the form of the e-learning heroes site which provides the solution to your issues and answers to your questions from a supportive community.

Due to its intuitive design, it is easy to pick up and can be then used to create both simple and complex activity courses.

Cons

The main con is that you do need to have the latest version of Storyline to really benefit as the support from Storyline 2 has ended which means that anything created on those versions will have issues with browsers as they evolve.

Lisa

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

Articulate beats Captivate

Pros

Storyline is very easy to use and to get up to speed on. Software runs very quickly and is very reliable. Also love the connection to Rise and Review. Makes building a course simple and even fun!

Cons

Only con is that building a template works a little wonky. Works best to build a Storyline course and import that course when starting new eLearning.

Bo

Reviewed on 08/12/2016

Articulate 360 making my much simpler

I have been using Articulate products for about 6 years and could not be happier with what they have provided. I have used several different versions of Articulate and use Articulate 360 for about 2 months now. The software is easy to use, well priced and gives users so much freedom to design courses where the only limit is the developer's imagination.

The support available is also second to none; you will never buy a product and then be left struggling to get the most out of it. I would consider Articulate to be the only option to consider if you are wanting to develop online training materials and with their new 360 products, everything is brought together in one place making your life that much simpler.
The support community provides expert advice and encourages peer sharing. The online support community is still growing but I already am able to find an ample amount of templates and resources I need to build my courses.