Trainual Reviews

4.8

4.8

About Trainual

Trainual is a cloud-based learning management system. The solution serves various industry verticals and allows organizations to automate training and onboarding process. It helps in organizing training modules in a centralized...

4.7
4.7

Browse Trainual Reviews

🍁 Cortney
🍁 Cortney

Reviewed on 14/02/2022

The Thing You Didn't Know You Needed!

We absolutely love Trainual: as a company, a team, and a product. It has become the foundation of our company and the place that we are working so hard to get all of the information. As we build this plane while flying it, we appreciate how easy it is to write down what we are doing so it is easier next time. Prior to Trainual, sometimes I felt like MacGruber holding things together with a paperclip and a gum wrapper based on my memory or other team member's institutional knowledge and now we can capture it all, sometimes in the moment. We plan to be using Trainual indefinitely.

Pros

There are many things that I like the most about this software that have to do with features, but I think the features would not be useful if the platform wasn't designed with a foundation of a solid understanding of how small businesses function and scale. So, to start with, I love the philosophy and approach of Trainual as a company and the team as humans. Trickling down from there, the platform is designed that way - it is clear it is flexibly designed, but kept intuitive, and thoughtfully updated with feature requests that have the greatest impact across their users. The organization of the content makes it easy to jump right in to get something created along with the template gallery helping to streamline it all.

Cons

I have two suggestions that are specific to how we use the platform, and I have submitted these are requests so I know they are in the hopper: 1) make the directory accessible through the mobile app. Often times when we hire new people, that is what we want them to be able to access and they are doing everything from their phones before they are in our workplace. 2) update the time stamping to track each time a subject/topic/step is completed for each employee. More Specifically, when you have to provide documentation to the department of labor for unemployment claims they may request evidence of the days/times that you asked someone to complete and then review a policy. In trainual, only the reviewed date is saved so you lose the evidence of the initial completion date. We have been in this pickle twice, and I would like to not to have to track all completions and reassignments outside of Trainual for compliance reasons.

Wade
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

The answer to what I was looking for

Overall it has been great. It is easy to use and figure out and it is helping me go deep in systemizing my business.

Pros

We have high turnover and being able to make initial training part of the hiring process have helped us weed out applicants who are not serious. It also provides a great way to get people to complete training before being eligible for raises and promotions. I like how I can track the progress of my team, and quiz them to ensure comprehension, as well as the different media I can implement to help drive home certain points.

Cons

The pricing model that does not include all of the features unless you pay the premium right off the bat. It takes a long time to get all of the systems into Trainual, and I am not able to release it right away to my team so I didnt want to pay the premium if they were not going to be able to access the features right away. I will probably upgrade to the premium later on and revamp my lessons, but I am a bit conflicted about having my team go through re-training at that point just to see some flashy new features that I would have liked to implement at the beginning.

Teachable and Google Drive

Reasons for Choosing Trainual

Because of the ability to track and quiz applicants and team members and make a more user friendly portal for them.

Google Drive

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

It seemed to be the best fit for our company and it was recommended by moving companies in another market that use it.

Response from Trainual

Hi Wade! Thank you so much for leaving a review. We're so happy to hear that Trainual has helped to make your training process more efficient and you've been able to systemize your business with it! And thanks for your feedback on our different plans. The good news is that if you do upgrade, you won't have to make your team go through their training again (unless you'd like them to). Everyone's completion percentage will remain the same when you upgrade. If you do have additonal questions about upgrading or anything else, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help!

Replied 09/04/2021
Erica
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

Difficult to Use

My time with trainual was a waste of money and time and never quite got usage from it. Almost $1k later, I ended up cancelling the subscription and have ZERO to show for it.

Pros

In theory, it makes the process of onboarding and training easy and efficient.

Cons

The set up process, even with already having the documentation is burdensome and the flow of how to use the software is confusing. There is no real start and finish or defined, or even suggested, workflow. There are tons of integrations, but no suggestions really as to how to best use them or under what circumstances these things would be useful. It is also incredibly expensive to say that it is ongoing expense that will forever need to be paid for the life of your business. Theres no tapering off or build up. It has to be implemented immediately in order to show it's value and does not account for the set up process.

Google Cloud Operations Suite

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

It's already included in my usage account and by simply creating a table of contents, I can get essentially the same functionality that I was supposed to with Trainual.

Response from Trainual

Hi Erica - thank you so much for taking the time to review Trainual. We're sorry to hear that the platform didn't meet your expectations, and we appreciate all of your feedback on how we can improve. We're always adding ways to make implementation much easier for our customers, and we're continously adding new content for this. If you ever would like to come back and try us out, let us know and we'll be happy to set you up with resources that'll make implementation much easier. But regardless, we wish the best of luck to you and your business going forward. Thank you for giving us a try!

Top Trainual Alternatives

Eric

Reviewed on 19/03/2024

Helps us scale our growing organization

Pros

Content is one of the few ways businesses can leverage themselves and achieve massive growth. Trainual creates this foundation for best practices/playbooks so that the founders/leaders are not bottlenecks as "walking SOPs". Instead, we have one place that houses critical knowledge that is easily accessible by the team. Training can be consistent and documenting them makes us stronger in our processes which helps identify and solve issues quicker!

Cons

Quizzes show answers after first attempts, causing the quiz taker to copy the right answers instead of referring the content and committing it to memory before retaking. The user directory is a nice feature and would be even more powerful if admins could add additional fields, custom or standard (i.e. Phone #2/work phone, etc)

Courtney
Courtney

Reviewed on 15/03/2023

Great tool for Team Training

The data may be quickly sorted and searched. Having everything set up ahead of time will make it much simpler to locate the specific concepts you need to grasp afterwards. It's also helpful to be able to monitor your own and your staff's training development.

Pros

Onboarding Time is saved and efficiency is increased as our staff receives continuous training and development thanks to our efforts. Simple interface! The addition of Loom is fantastic. Loom also offers excellent onboarding training materials.

Cons

One potential drawback is that training doesn't make extensive use of gaming techniques, which appear to be crucial in retaining today's workforce.

Response from Trainual

Hey Courtney! ���� We're so glad to hear training makes Onboarding and documentation simple & efficient. We'll share your gamification feedback with the team. Thank you for sharing your review. ����

Replied 17/03/2023
Kayla
  • Industry: Textiles

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

This is a great program!

Trainual has been a valuable recourse to the company im at. This allows us to track and efficiently train new and existing employees.

Pros

Trainual is a very useful tool that allows us to easily train new and existing employees.

Cons

Even though this platform works great for training people it gets updates quite frequently. Most updates are helpful but with the most recent update

Response from Trainual

Thanks for this feedback, Kayla! So glad to hear Trainual makes training easy for your team. We hear you on the recent changes and have already implemented updated processes to improve this experience with future big releases. Keep the honest feedback coming. We appreciate you!

Replied 30/11/2023
Ryan

Reviewed on 13/03/2023

Scope Training

Trainual is great for new hires. I like the different ways to create and organize content.

Pros

I like the ability to segment training modules/lessons and dictate the order at which the user goes through them.

Cons

I would like the user permissions to be a little more flexible. I have some team leads that need to be able to monitor new users as they go through the training, but I do not want to give them access to edit content.I would also like a better way to add an mp4. Maybe I'm just not doing it the right way, but currently, I am putting in text like "Training Video 1" and attaching a URL to the video. It would be nice to imbed the mp4 just like a YouTube video.

Response from Trainual

Hey Ryan! Thank you for the feedback. We'll be rolling out some permission enhancements real soon - so stay tuned for that. I'll also share your video file feedback with the team. Appreciate your time here and thanks again!

Replied 23/03/2023
Trinity
  • Industry: Import & Export

Reviewed on 11/07/2023

You need Trainual

I would recommend Trainual to anyone who has a process that impacts others. Whether in a non-profit, business, or community setting.

Pros

Trainual has been incredible for documenting all things you think you will just remember. And better yet keep it organized for those who come after us within a company

Cons

The one thing I will say - for a small company, starting can be tricky. Trainual has been designed for companies of all sizes and there were some kinks to work out for a company as small as ours.

Workplace from Meta and Google Docs

Reasons for Choosing Trainual

Trainual had all elements that were missing from other platforms.

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

Trainual was easy to use and had lots of help and resources

Response from Trainual

Thanks for sharing, Trinity. I love how you're thinking of those who will come along after you. That says a lot about you as a person and I admire that! We pride ourselves on helping small businesses and have tons of resources you can access. Please do not hesitate to reach out. From process templates to coaching support - we've got you!

Replied 15/08/2023
Deniece
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 13/03/2023

Loving it!

Once I got it set-up/implemented, it's easier than ever to create SOPs for our various teams. The new Chrome extensions have just made it all 10 times better!

Pros

The support is top-notch! The system is very intuitive for the end-user. Admins and users both love it.

Cons

Set-up can be a beast, but they do offer one-on-one support, migration services and a multitude of user guides, videos and training.

Process Street

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

The price was better, the customer support was unmatched and loved the integrations and ability to set permissions on folders and subfolders.

Response from Trainual

Hey Deneice! ���� We're so glad to hear you love Trainual. We'll share this awesome news with our Support team. Thank you for sharing your review. ����

Replied 15/03/2023
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 01/08/2023

Clinical Trial Lifesaver

Pros

What I like most about Trainual is that we are able to utilize it across a vast platform within our clinical trial. With decentralized trials, we rely on the ease of technology. This platform has given us a strong tool to keep up with study-specific and site-specific training in one place. This tool is easy to pull reports from if needed for FDA visits.

Cons

I have not come across a feature that I do not care for as of now. I will update if I do.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

Ease of use and the personalized feel from the platform itself to training, and getting help from the Trainual team.
Trezlynn
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 11/05/2023

Great Resource for Training

The biggest business problem solved with using Trainual is outdated processes and procedures being used and "passed around" due to hard copies being saved. These hard copies would sometimes have hand written notes by team members of when the processes changes, but would be hard to follow. With Trainual, we are able to keep everything up to date quickly.

Pros

Trainual's ease of searching and editing as an administrator is one of my favorite features. To be able to search for any subject, topic, test, etc. and find all associated trainings and topics with that field is amazing. This is a time saver when trying to help my team.Being able to edit an existing topic and training and have it instantly available to my team is another key feature when our processes change. This has helped with any outdated information that a team member could have had with hardcopies of training material.

Cons

In some instances, if a member does not have the proper access, they are unable to see all available topics when they search. It takes an administrator to search and assign the topic or show the team member the material.It can be time consuming to get everything in to Trainual, at first. Once everything is documented, though, it is easier to keep updated.

Response from Trainual

Hey, Trezlynn! Thanks so much for sharing your review. So awesome to hear that you're keeping those Payroll processes alive and well... well documented and up to date, that is! Your team is lucky to have a manager that cares about their success in this way.

Super awesome news - we just released an update a few weeks ago that enables content to be searchable and access to be requested without the need to perform this manually for your employees. Head to the Account settings page and toggle on the option to "Publish content libraries." Be sure you've toggled on the options to share the Company and Policies pages with your team, too! Then they can search and request access on their own.

Additionally, you can use the AI tool in Trainual to write a rough draft of your processes to save a ton of time! Keep an open mind to what is possible with the AI tool - it knows more than you might think!

Thanks again for being a champion of Trainual!

Kelly

Reviewed on 16/05/2023

Intuitive Platform for Process Creation

Pros

My favorite thing about Trainual is how easy they make the content creation process. The platform is super intuitive, so even without much background information/training on the platform, a new user can log in and generate a process or policy with ease (and make them look good too!) They are incorporating more AI integration as well so I expect the process could get even easier.If you do need help, the Trainual help & training center is really thorough and covers the platform itself, how to make awesome processes/policies and anything else you might need. The team is responsive by chat as well anytime I ever had a question or wanted to request a feature.

Cons

Just a couple features that I think could be helpful: A clear way to prioritize assigned content on the general user's "Desk"/homepage, as well as different options for the "look" of the homepage in general. If a user is assigned a lot of content, each subject assigned takes up a lot of space on the screen.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for sharing your awesome feedback, Kelly! It's great to hear how easy the content creation process has been for you and how intuitive the platform is for new users. The addition of AI integration is just getting started - many more exciting updates coming in this space!

Regarding your suggestions, a clear way to prioritize assigned content on the user's "Desk" and different options for the homepage's appearance are definitely on our radar. More to come soon!

Thanks for this thoughtful review. Always here to support you!

• Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 09/05/2022

Trainual is a game changer!

Trainual is a game changer in veterinary hospitals! Communicating and standardizing processes has always plagued veterinary managers and this program allows everything to be documented and instructed in one place.

Pros

This software is well organized for learners, users and managers. Team members love that it can be used on their mobile phone for learning and to reference material when needed. I love the search function! I also appreciate that Trainual has stayed responsive to rolling out new improvements.

Cons

I wish there were more interactive activities available for the users. We use it heavily as a learning system, as well as a place to document SOP's, and we miss some of the interactive features that we had in other programs like Nearpod. The loss of this is still worth it to have the streamlined design and reporting features that Trainual offers.

Response from Trainual

Hi Jennifer! Thank you so much for leaving this awesome review for us :) We're super stoked to hear that Trainual has been a gamechanger for your business!

And thank you for your feedback on the interactive features within Trainual. I'll pass that on to our Product Team, but if you have any specific ideas on interactive features that would be awesome, feel free to share them here as we're always looking to improve: https://portal.productboard.com/trainual/2-trainual-feature-requests/tabs/4-under-consideration

We appreciate you for being a part of our community and we're excited to continue to work with you!

Lori
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 15/08/2023

Great tool for growing companies

Pros

I cannot recommend Trainual enough. As a company, we started using Trainual when we were around 50 employees. Two years later, the size has doubled. Having our processes documented neatly in one place has been invaluable and has made the process of onboarding and training new hires seamless. In addition to using it for new hires, it's a useful tool for seasoned employees to refer to when a question regarding a process arises. (The search bar is great!) Trainual holds the online copy of our Employee Handbook, meeting notes for different departments, SOPs, and much more. We appreciate the public share feature, which allows you to share a subject via a link with those who do not have a Trainual account.

Cons

A feature that was requested by one of our team members is an audio version of Trainual for those who are dyslexic.

Cindy
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 22/05/2023

Trainual Review

Trainual has helped our team with being able to find answers to processes quickly. Everything is at your fingertips and just a search away!

Pros

I have to say I love Trainual. It is easy to use, was easy to learn being a new user. The help feature, How-to's, and pro tips is a great resource for knowledge. The Trainual support team is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

The card view! Card view vs outline view - Feel that all users should have the option for the outline view to help organize trainings and search for trainings easily.

Response from Trainual

Hey Cindy! Thank you so much for the kind words! We're really glad that you love Trainual. Our support team is always here to help (and love you right back), so don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything. Keep up the great work and stay tuned for major updates coming to Search! 🚀

Raegan
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Reviewed on 31/08/2020

Trainual Review

Very good! Aside from the quiz features.

Pros

Some things that I love about Trainual are the features where I can add media like videos and gifs.

Cons

There are a lot of ideas I have that would make Trainual more effective. For example, being able to play the videos right in Trainual without having to click a link and open a new tab. COLOR CUSTOMIZATION! I hate the light gray color for all of the buttons (save, next, etc) I wish it was literally any other color. But if it was customizable that would be even better. Also when creating a test there NEEDS to be an option to select how many questions/possible answers for a given test. Clicking “new question” every time and then clicking “new answer” 4 times for each question is just way too time consuming and outright annoying. There could also be different types of quiz questions! What about definition matching or something else more interactive than multiple choice. And I wish you could turn off the feature where it shows the User what they got wrong. And the “essay” exams are NOT FUNCTIONAL because there is no way for the Administrator to review and approve the submissions. It just says 100% no matter what they write. For the Quiz portion of Trainual I rate it a 2/5. There is so much more development that needs to be happening here. Otherwise it’s a good platform.

Response from Trainual

Hi Raegan! Thank you for leaving such a thoughtful review of your Trainual experience. A few of your suggestions have recently been updated in our platform, including a new "Dark Mode" feature, and PDF Imbeds which allows you to play videos (and much more!) right on the platform. We truly appreciate your suggestions and are always here if you have additional feedback!

Replied 17/09/2020
George
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 13/05/2022

Highly Recommend

Thus far it has been a welcomed addition to our training program. Wil Pagod has been there every step of the way to help me navigate when I've had questions.

Pros

As a training coordinator it gives me flexibility. It does not replace face to face training. But is an addition to the training program. It allows members to complete training on their time and gives us the ability to easily update said training.

Cons

The initial roll out was a little confusing for members who aren't computer literate. But it didn't take much training to get them up to speed.

Response from Trainual

Hi George - Wow! Thank you so much for this amazing review of Trainual :) We're beyond pumped to hear that the platform has been a huge help in the way you train employees. And we're really glad to hear we had everything you need to be successful. That made our day hearing that!

Appreciate you a ton for being a part of our community, and we're excited to continue to work with you!

Jordan

Reviewed on 16/02/2022

If you aren't using trainual you are missing out

Incredible. We use it all the time and it has become our document repository as well as our best asset in training.

Pros

I can create one training video with screen narration and push it out to my different teams rather than having to train each person individually.

Cons

It's definitely hard to get started making content. But that is more on the user than the service. Make sure you set aside time to work on this!

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

Trainual is key

Easier training platform than the previous platform we used so there were fewer technical issues which saved us time fixing those issues during Training. It was a great experience overall.

Pros

The fact that we had to suddenly hire and train people in a short manner of time because of an unexpected surge of workload, the ease of transitioning to Trainual really helped. We were using a different software/platform before and it was a bit of a pain and we found Trainual a few months back before hiring, thankfully. Trainual is also perfect for our current needs. It's really easy to learn how to navigate around Trainual and learn how to use it from an Admin perspective. We didn't experience any technical issues along the way even from the user's side. I also liked the feature where you can see their progress in a detailed manner, like when did a specific user start on a course and when did they finish it.

Cons

There really aren't that many things I didn't like about it. I guess I would just push on considering adding more test styles/quiz styles. Additionally, I think we can add more details on the Reports, like the computed duration of how much time a user spent on a specific subject & course. Also, it'd be nice too if there was a feature where the courses & subjects are locked or set up to be taken in a specific order. These are the things on top of my head right now.

Response from Trainual

Hey there! Thanks so much for leaving us a review. We're excited to hear that Trainual helped your team effectively train your new employees in such a short amount of time! And we appreciate your feedback on the areas we can improve. We'll pass that on to our product team so we know where to focus on as we improve the platform. If there's anything else you need from us, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help!

Replied 12/04/2021
Stacy
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 12/05/2023

Love Trainual

Pros

I would recommend it Trainual to everyone. It’s easy to use and with it being able to be used on the phone is a big plus. As I can use it anywhere I’m at.

Cons

I don’t have any cons with Trainual.

Response from Trainual

Thanks, Stacy! We're thrilled to hear that you would recommend Trainual to everyone. Making our platform easy to use and accessible mobiley was important to us, and we're glad to know it's been a big plus for you. We believe that learning and training should be convenient, no matter where you are, and your feedback reassures us of that. We appreciate your support!

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 23/03/2023

Online Training

Overall Trainual is a good learning management system. I think there are some opportunities to upgrade the end user experience. Additionally, I would love to see more formatting options when building out trainings.

Pros

The process of building out training in Trainual is very easy and organized well. Also, the process of adding new users, onboard, tracking and assign trainings is straight forward.

Cons

I don't love the users interface. It isn't as organized and it can be a little hard for teammates to find information if they don't know exactly what they are looking for.

Response from Trainual

Thanks so much for sharing your review! We hear you on General user view and formatting. We've got some really exciting updates coming this month and beyond. I think you'll be pleased, so be on the lookout. Would love to hear your thoughts at [email protected]. Thanks again.

Replied 05/04/2023
Kevin

Reviewed on 13/05/2022

Very happy long time customer

Trainual helps us to on board and train our new agents affect effectively and efficiently. Because of the software we are able to do this very easily. I’ve lost count of how many man hours this software has saved us

Pros

I like the Learning paths and the ease of use of the system overall.

Cons

None that come to mind that I like least.

Response from Trainual

Hi Kevin! Thank you so much for leaving this awesome review and for being a long time customer of ours! We're super stoked to hear that you've been happy with Trainual over our time together, and we think you're pretty rad, too :)

Looking forward to continuing to work with you, and thank you for being a part of our awesome community!

Taylor

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Makes on-boarding new team members easy for small business

Bring a small business, each team member wears many hats. Our business is also, thankfully, BOOMING so the need to add team members and keep up with a fast paced business is really difficult.

Once all of our policies and procedures were on Trainual, and it did not take long to format and upload, an on-boarding process that would take me away a work day for me (the Director of Operations) was as easy as having the new hire in my office with an iPad learning while I worked.

Also, sending out memos to team members and tracking them down to sign was eliminated because of the easy to edit and upload software. Our SOP has never been so up-to-date!

Pros

I really enjoy how this software has made updating standard operating procedures so simple. Whenever something is edited it sends a notification out to the team and I just need to give them a due date, this way I know that all information is available to everyone.

Cons

I wish I did not have to pay for the premium membership to do screen recording. Our business pays for Zoom so we just do screen recording through there, but uploading videos are also a process as you need to pay for a account or upload to YouTube to manage videos.

Response from Trainual

Hi Taylor! Thank you so much for leaving such great words about Trainual. We are very excited to hear that we have helped make SOPs more accessible, and that training is becoming more efficient. If you have any other feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Replied 23/11/2020
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Life Changing

It is truly amazing. The team at Trainual is so helpful and they really believe in the product.

Pros

Trainual is very easy to use and puts the power of learning into your team's hands. It makes it easy to search and give everyone access to learn and know anything they need.

Cons

Trainual still has room to grow when it comes to security customization and being able to send out user progress reports.

Response from Trainual

Hey John! Thanks for sharing your feedback. Love this line "puts the power of learning in your team's hands." We hope that Trainual is a place people can expand their understanding of the biz and feel more empowered to contribute their best performance. Appreciate the 5-star review!

Replied 27/02/2024
Jenny
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 09/05/2022

Trainual Review

Trainual is helping us document EVERYTHING! This is an overwhelming process, but the tools available to help are actually useful. It took us awhile to figure out where we wanted different sections to go within Trainual but now we are ready to move forward.

Pros

I like all the template options and YouTube videos available for helping us create materials. With the new sections of process, company, etc. it has been helpful to be able to divide up content more specifically.

I didn't know there was integration possible with trainual and will look more into that.

Cons

It has been a process to get all the information into Trainual. It feels very overwhelming, but the templates help. I find it is sometimes difficult to get GIFs to load and then just skip them because it is taking too long.

Response from Trainual

Hi Jenny! Thank you so much for leaving this awesome review of Trainual :) We're super excited to hear that the templates and videos have been helpful as you build out your Trainual account! Know that we're always adding more resources to help with optimizing your account, and you can check out all of our resources here: https://help.trainual.com/en/?_ga=2.165564281.738260057.1655139786-567141627.1652469481

And if you ever have any questions or input on how we can make things easier for you, always feel free to reach out and we'll be happy to help where we can.

Thank you so much for working with us, Jenny! We're excited to continue to be a part of your business :)