Fyle Reviews

About Fyle

Fyle is an expense management software that employees can use to track expenses, reconcile transactions for any business credit cards from any bank, and integrate seamlessly with accounting platforms. - Employees can easily...

Browse Fyle Reviews

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 03/02/2022

Easily submit expense reports with Fyle

Pros

Easy to capture receipts and set up expense reports from phone. Also extracts dates and amounts from receipts.

Cons

If I have manually entered the amounts / dates before uploading receipt, the amounts / dates are still extracted and overwrite my manually entered values.

Anirudh

Reviewed on 11/08/2017

Fyle has just been amazing. It's Auto-Fyle feature detects even handwritten bills accurately

Better visibility on expense spends
Better productivity, due to the ease of reporting and expense management

Pros

This solution is way more intuitive than any other expense management solution I have ever used. One of the biggest issues with expense management tools I have used earlier was that I had to set aside one day in a month to file expenses. With Fyle, the same task takes about 15 minutes. The Auto-Fyle feature where one can take a photo of the receipt is a godsend. The good part is that it is able to detect handwritten invoices, which are very common in India, with great accuracy. The gmail and outlook plugins are sensible additions, all designed to reduce the friction in the expense reporting process. The analytics is pretty good, and tells me who are my top expense vendors, who my top spenders are

Cons

Not much to complain about Fyle really, so will list down some feature requests. A feature to approve or reject a report by replying to the mail notification would be good to have. It currently does not have direct integration with popular taxi apps like Uber, Ola which would be good. Sometimes users submit reports after 2 months, and if there was some way to map the expenses by the bill date to the respective month of expenditure incurred, rather than the reporting month, that would be nice.

• Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

wepage is far more impressive than the alol

Pros

its attractive! great customer service km km type

Cons

it took multiple calls to help get personal cards to properly work. then had nothing but issues

Top Fyle Alternatives

Dipesh

Reviewed on 02/08/2017

I really like this app, it helps me to track and manage the daily expenses.

After using this app i can proudly say that i have become a more productive and organized person.

Pros

There are many features in your app, the most loved one is the option to switch between reimbursable or not. Because i use this app for both personal use and office use. So its get really simple for me to distinguish between them and get the same reported to the higher authority and get that reimburse. This app just cut of the long procedure which i had to first follow in order that get the clarified, but now its very much easy and effective.

Second best thing i like is the mail plugin you guys have it directly takes the expense record from my mails and add it to the app so that i can track the expense.

last but the most important feature of the app that i like is the reporting section. which directly helps in making the expense report and sent to the accounts department so that they can approve it after checking.

Cons

The unavailability of edit (crop) option in a picture after you have clicked it, i think is a drawback to the app and should be changed.

Nicholas
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 31/01/2023

FYLE needs to market more to the USA as this software is an amazing value

Love this product and the support we receive. Highly recommend!

Pros

Easy yet configurable to our unique needs. We have a single employee with multiple reports which is not the norm in the industry. The other big expense systems could not handle this simple requirement.

Cons

Slight semantic differences between an Indian company vs US norms.

Krishnam

Reviewed on 04/08/2017

Excellent!

Actually, it's free for freelancers and ease of use and he way it organises invoices without any effort directly from email inbox.

Pros

I'm a freelance consultant (Remote Web Developer) and I like the ease with which I can file my bills. It's just few clicks and it's all there filed in a beautiful application at the back end.

Cons

It cannot recognise prices from all invoices or bills and sometimes it captures the currency wrongly.

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

Amazing application to keep track of your expenses

Using it to track personal expenses. Easy to use. My office has subscribed to expensify which I am using for official expenses and reimbursement.

Pros

Ease of capturing the expenses, using camera and simple typing.

Cons

Does not have dashboard to visualize the categories of expenses. Also difficulty in generating reports. Does not have a feature to include mode of payment - Cash, Card, paytm, netbanking etc. Reimburse option is not used by me as all expenses are personal and I cannot remove it.

Anoop
Anoop
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 13/09/2018

Reimbursement solution

Pros

Easy filing of bills by just a photo taken by our mobile

Cons

Not updating bill sometimes and also KM's in milage is not accurate

Tanmay
Tanmay

Simple easy and hassle-free

Easy of "fyleing" reimbursements without forgetting any expense.

Pros

Very easy to use. Adding expenses, creating reports all of it is simple and straight-forward. The UI is not complicated.

Cons

The app is a little laggy and sometimes sticks. It mostly happens while taking a photo directly from the app. I have had to close the app and start again.

Aditya
Aditya

Reviewed on 18/07/2018

Great Experience- Saves business time as well as is hassle-free.

Pros

Hassle-free, Easy setup and Gmail Add-on, Very easy to fill details, easy to track reports. Overall, a smooth experience.

Cons

Mobile mail addons not there, only Google Chrome extensions available. Also, should integrate with Gallery to upload bills directly.

sahil

Reviewed on 05/06/2018

Its a very useful software to keep track record of my expenses i have occurred.

I can manage the expenses anytime with this software anytime with ease. very simple and helpful software..

Pros

the thing i like about FYLE is that its fast processing from creating reports to payments done. I get my payments in my account within a working day. I like the smoothness of the process.

Cons

sometimes I have to make urgent tours to another city. but for outstation travel i have to mention my travel at least 8 days in advance. but that may be the part of the policy of the company.

Ivy

Reviewed on 02/08/2017

Super user friendly and convenient.

Really helps take away a major headache in workplace, more than happy to recommend.

Pros

That it makes tedious claim submission easy and hassle free. No more manual tracking of receipts and excel sheet record, now I can just snap photos of receipt anywhere anytime. The report generating feature is really useful as well, definitely helped me save a lot of time so I can focus on actual work and not let admin tasks get in the way.

Cons

Sometimes the app takes time to load. Some entries were already submitted with attachment but wasn't tagged as attachment available when I review my monthly report so need to double check.

Arpit

Reviewed on 02/08/2017

Fyle is a great expense management tool that's helped us streamline our business accounting

Pros

1. Really like the web interface. It's clean, intuitive and easy to use.
2. The Gmail plugin is extremely handy. Filing expenses directly from my mail has made the process error & hassle free

Cons

1. The mobile experience is less than ideal. While it gets the job done, the application needs a little more thought around the UX. Too many clicks to get something done.
2. The report generation on the web and the mobile is a little weird. There have been multiple times that I've been confused about what went into a report and what got left out. The reporting feature needs work.

Mia

Reviewed on 29/09/2018

The Developers must have read my mind

Pros

Fyle is exactly what we needed, in these days of technology moving forward in leaps and bounds, Fyle is leading the way by being the first to provide this interactive software program which takes the headache away from keeping track of your spending.
Small or large, no matter the size of your business, you can't go past Fyle, once you try, you will never look back.

Cons

The things I didn't like were at the developmental stages, those little bugs have been fixed, and I have nothing but praise for Fyle

PARAS
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 19/08/2019

Fyle experience

Good experience with fyle ...have stop our manual work as well save our time,& money.
Because of which enable to timely payment of our employee .

Pros

This is user friendly app ....like it most because the business expense on your finger trips just a click and upload the expense bill....you can hassle free review of your team member.
App dashboard is fantastic review of all expense you can track and manage all things.

Cons

App and desktop version is not same ....Desktop version is better than app

Response from Fyle

Thanks for your kind words, Paras.

Replied 10/09/2019
Mansoor

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

It is a very good software to use and access. However, there are improvements that need to be...

Pros

It has very good features like:
Ease of access
Location integration
Overall experience
User Friendly
Specific fields

Cons

At times it shows error message which is irrelevant.
Not allowing us to edit the location
Exact mapping in day to days work is not possible
Not allowing us to have more number of entries in a given day

Hitesh
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 01/08/2017

Filing reimbursement using Fyle is extremely convenient. Now I file my expense always on time.

Now filing the expenses doesn't seem like a TASK!

Fyle has made is simpler for me.

Pros

The most innovative and useful feature of Fyle is, I can file my expense right through my email by just 1 click. No need to download any invoices as it automatically attached it along with the expense. I have to travel overseas due to my work, where my expenses are in different currencies. Now I don't have to worry about money conversion rates because Fyle does it for me automatically.
Autofill feature for expenses types/classification is also very useful.

Cons

The browser extension takes alot of space on every email body and it's very flashy that you will definitely notice.

I think there has to be some way to activate it only when you want to file expenses. Rest of the time it should be invisible.

Ben

Reviewed on 03/07/2018

Easy. Convenient. Amazing

Expenses take me 2 mins a week rather than having to type out a bunch of manual invoices

Pros

Gmail integration makes it really easy to create expenses - all I have to do is press a button and update a few fields. The app is great when I'm on the go and ensures I don't lose any receipts.

Cons

UI for Gmail app isn't perfect. For example, it can be difficult to see the fields that have been selected.

SUDHEER

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Past 5 months im in Treebo, This is a place where we can learn new things for our future...

Pros

1)Growthtool:- its easy to confirm and cancel the bookings as per customer preference.
2)HX:- it helps us a lot when customer wants any modification.

Cons

Booking search tool:- Its easy to operate, But sometimes bookings will be showed reserve status where bookings already been cancelled.
Payment will not been updated sometimes.

Abhijeet

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

Very easy and helpful now we can prepare our expenses report on the go.

Pros

Plugin to gmail help us to update our expenses very easily and best past is no repetition of expenses.

Cons

on Mobile app if you give the feature crop the Image then it will help us to upload only the picture. because when we take the picture and upload out side area of image is also uploaded.

Swati
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 26/02/2021

Reimbursements made easy

Pros

Easy to manage expenses
Out of the box connectors to directly upload and reimburse common expenses like ola, uber, swiggy, etc
Good Reports and Dashboards

Cons

Sometimes the usability is a little tricky. Scope to improve the UX and make the product bug free.

Mridul

Reviewed on 09/08/2017

Good software. Gmail integration awesome.

Pros

Gmail Integration works really good. Automatic filling of form when Fyle icon is clicked over gmail is nice.

Cons

Physical bills integration is painful. Multiple image upload against a particular bill is painful. creating reports is a useless step.

SACHIN

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

This is very easy to use & most important thing you can enter expenses on Daily Basis.

Pros

This is very Fast process to claim your Reimbursement & fyle has also taken accurate distance between two locations.

Cons

Some Locations & deep zeo area's not mapped in fyle so we are not able to enter correct location in fyle

Mahesh
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 01/08/2017

Amazingly easy to use and makes complete process of filing expenses seamless.

Instant and easy filling of expenses and track of reimbursements.

Pros

App is brilliant and it allows you to file your expenses instant and from anywhere. It takes away all the pain of paper documentation.

chandan
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 02/08/2017

Ease of use, very intuitive, seamless integration with Email/App/Desktop/Mobile etc.

Pros

First and foremost it eliminates need for printing receipts which of course is Eco friendly.
Software can be seamlessly used on desktop and mobile. Further it conveniently allows you to file your digital receipts (such as Uber bills/mobile bills) at a click of a button and at the same time you can smoothly file physical receipts by simply clicking a photo (such as hotel receipts/food bills). preparing an expense report using multiple bills is super simple. You can seamlessly operate your account through gmail add on or through app.

Cons

I think "date" field can be improved. clear distinction between "date of filing expense" and "date of incurring expense" needed. Date is auto populated as "current date", while actual expense may have incurred earlier. This if not carefully done leads to error in reporting.