ClockShark Reviews

About ClockShark

ClockShark is a cloud-based time tracking system that helps businesses in the construction and field service industries to manage their mobile workforces. Features include time and attendance tracking, employee scheduling,...

4.8

Browse ClockShark Reviews

1,890 of 1,890 reviews
Destyny
Destyny

We love ClockShark

I love ClockShark. We actually had ClockShark in 2019 and left for ADP in 2020… then came back 3 months later because nothing compares to ClockShark.

Pros

I love the customizable tasks, it allows me to run reports based upon locations. This helps us control costs

Cons

Wish it could accommodate different time zones. Use have two separate accounts since were in multiple time zones

tamer

Reviewed on 21/11/2022

One of the most important tools for your company success

You want to save time and accomplish alot of works and manage your company successfully from A to Z from following up on employessand reports and payroll and over time and work location and working hours then you need clock shark .

Pros

It made me identity the experienced and active workers that accomplish alot of work in ashort time by tracking time and business and there fore you can achieve alot of profit. It made work easier than before when making reports and payrolland additional working hours and thus the owner of any company can manage at successfully

Cons

It needs educational videos that show how to use the existing features with all the skilland experience of any novice company owner if the person dose not know how to use the application he will not achieve full benefit from it . There is no arabic version as there are many arab business owners who can not use english spplication

Microsoft To Do

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

Its poor for some features that i need

Any.do

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

Its similar to clock shark but its expensive
Jeremiah

Reviewed on 16/02/2022

Good for 1 job per day work sites, user friendly

User friendly for many things especially adding new jobs to the clock, but as I mentioned before, only good for one job per day shops. And, the base cost per month is put this at a rate much higher than similar programs, especially for small shops.

Pros

Easy to add jobs to the time clock. Job roster is easy to look over with "Hours worked" and "Hours Budgeted" readily available, no having running reports to bill customers.

Cons

Cannot edit employees while they are clocked in the system. Other programs will allow me to fix errors during the day, such as clocked into the wrong job in the morning or missed clocking in when they started working. Editing during the day while the error is fresh allows me to get a head start on payroll and being sure employees are paid for the work they do and that time is billed to the proper job. Base monthly costs put this program at a higher monthly cost than similar programs.

Response from ClockShark

Hi, Jeremiah! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a detailed review, we truly appreciate it. The ability to edit an employee's time while they are clocked in is an excellent suggestion that I would be happy to pass along to our Product Development team. If you have any other ideas on how ClockShark can be improved, please submit them here: http://ideas.clockshark.com/

As for the cost of the monthly base fee, it goes to the following:
-5-star rated customer support when you need it
-Account implementation and maintenance
-Continuing tutorials and training
-Ongoing software updates and improvements
-And Unlimited data storage

If you have any further questions or comments, we'd be happy to hear them!

Replied 18/02/2022

Top ClockShark Alternatives

Buffy
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 07/08/2022

Second time Customer for a Reason!!

I had worked for another similar company and implemented the program there, upon starting with this new company I thought it was worth using again because my experience with ClockShark the first time was amazing. Customer service is unparalleled, if I get stuck I send a message and within minutes someone helps me!! They've even sent me videos explaining how to do things!

Pros

The ease of use and simplicity of the on-screen format make it less overwhelming than other software I've tried.
It is easy to present to employees and overall very user friendly.
The people that provide service are incredibly helpful and super friendly to me!! There is also no hard sell for anything, I'm hoping to grow the company and when I'm ready for the premium level I know it will be an easy switch but no one has ever tried to convince me I needed more than I have.

Cons

I would like there to be perhaps, a server for picture and video attachments as my techs like this feature the best, being able to upload information this way so that they have it for the future as well as the rest of the team to view. You can attach pictures but the videos have given us a bit of issue and the size of the file allowed is a bit restrictive.

Housecall Pro and ServiceTitan

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

HouseCall pro was #1 very expensive but it was also way overkill for what our needs were. We are a small company that does invoicing and bookkeeping through QB and I couldn't justify the price. Not to mention, after I cancelled they kept billing me hundreds of dollars and it was a challenge to get it back. Customer service not their #1 priority I guess! After this experience I didn't even want to take a chance with ServiceTitan so opted out after the sales call.
Melinda
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 04/03/2022

I LOVE ClockShark!!!

Overall I've had a great experience from the start. I found ClockShark online when searching for a timekeeping platform and I researched several. ClockShark seemed like it had every feature I was looking for. When I reached out I was immediately called by a representative that was super sweet and informative. I loved even more that I was able to do a FREE TRIAL! I got to test it out for real, with my employees, and just as I expected we all loved it. So, I knew I had to look no further. You're guided by your own personal team member who's there by your side every step of the way that you can reach out to directly for support and they even randomly check in on you. I was able to do a screen share meeting once where they literally walked me through the site and physically showed me how to do things. It was great!
Plus, the website itself has very short, easy videos that you can watch and even have your employees watch to learn how to navigate the site. That is SO GREAT! The fact that they're short and sweet is very appealing because let's be honest, no employee wants to sit and watch a 30-minute video on how to use some new platform their boss is integrating into their daily routine.

Pros

I run a small business that is quickly growing, I handle everything myself from scheduling to payroll. It was becoming such an overwhelming job to keep track of every aspect of my business daily. ClockShark has taken such a weight off my shoulders! Not only does it have literally everything you can ever need to run a company efficiently, but it is also super user friendly!

Cons

Honestly, from using it so much I've found little things here and there that can be tweaked to make certain features even more user friendly, but for the most part, it's right on the money! I haven't come across a feature yet that I haven't liked at all.

Ronny

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

If you have anything more than 5 employees, you need ClockShark.

If you're going to ClockShark from a manual timesheet method, you don't realize how much you can truly save by going to ClockShark. Our favorite part of ClockShark is their team. They are VERY awesome to work with - You have NO idea how important they are to us not just from a technical standpoint, but from the standpoint of making our lives easier all around. They have yet to cease to amaze us in their customer service skills, down-to-earth attitudes, and technical skills. [insert Wayne and Garth bowing and saying "we're not worthy! we're not worthy"]

Pros

We've had other systems in the past. While they were great, ClockShark was the most affordable with the most features and support. Their team has never let us down. Additionally, they made the setup effortless.

Cons

The billing of ClockShark is just a little bit confusing when you're adding/removing employees from the system within a given year. It would me nice to show which users were added/removed when showing changes in billing. The use and need of an email address from each employee is limiting whereas if we needed to hire contract workers and log their hours, they would need to have an email address for logging in. This makes it difficult if you have the same person working for two companies using ClockShark.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

Primarily looking for DCMA compliance, but also looking for a cheaper alternative to Tsheets.

Google Calendar and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

The amount of features for the affordable costs, along with the DCMA compliance and the sales and support. It was an all-around win-win situation honestly.
Molly

Reviewed on 07/07/2020

Great product

Overall experience has been great. Great price point, great customer service. They are always evolving and that is what keeps us here. They are willing to make adjustments based on the ever change environment and needs of their customers.

Pros

Customer service is beyond fantastic! The team really cares about the feedback and suggestions they receive and do their best to implement as much as they can. The simplicity to the user is great as we have technicians that need things to be quick and simple. Reports have come along way in the past year. They give a lot of information and you are able to customize them a bit more now. Implementation is quick and easy. Works amazingly well with QuickBooks and other similar software.

Cons

There are some changes I would make personally to fit our needs. There isn't any real cons with Clockshark honestly. It does what we need it to do and the things it doesn't are simply requests we'd like to see to fit us better as a company.

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

TSheets was not working back then on a mobile app and it was too complicated for our technicians.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

We liked the fact that ClockShark would would seamlessly with QuickBooks and we did not need to change our software completely. It was also the right price point for us with the number of employees we had at the time.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Molly!

Thank you for the review. So glad to hear our customer support team was able to help you in the past. That's great that your technicians can get their work completed faster with ClockShark. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied 28/07/2020
Jessica

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

Awesome Product for the Construction Industry

Overall I fee this product is wonderful! It has almost everything that we need for what we do in the Excavation, Demolition & Underground Utilities portion of the Construction industry that we are in. I looked and A LOT of different time keeping products and even used the free trials on a few... I am so happy that I ended up choosing this product in the end!

Pros

I like that this product was easy to set-up and my employees (who have had trouble with other timecard apps in the past) find it very easy to use and understand. I really like all of the customizations that I can do and the reports really help me see where my employee's time is being spent in greater detail. I love all of the different reports that can be accessed. This product definitely has great value for the money! It is exactly what we needed for our construction crews!!

Cons

Trying to figure out which report does what can be a little confusing. I think the better report descriptions and maybe a quick example to look at before choosing/downloading would be beneficial. While there is gps or geolocating, I would find it very useful to have the employees be able to clock in under one job, but have it notify me if they employee clocked in outside of that location for specific job tasks. For example, if I have an employee clocked in under job "A" as "driving" out the job, I know they are outside of the boundaries, however, when the switch tasks to "Laborer" I want to know if they are within a specific radius/boundary for that same job "A". Especially since my employees get paid significantly different between the two tasks... I would like to automatically be notified if they are where they say they are supposed to be for that task.

Response from ClockShark

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for the 5-star review! We are happy to hear that you LOVE that you can customize your reports and how easy it is to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied 18/05/2020
Keri

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

What a Difference!

We're getting a much better overall picture of the time used. I began seeing a general pattern in travel times to and from the jobs. Time going to a job was consistently longer than coming home. Turns out they were stopping to pick up parts along the way. While one guy went into the supply house, three more were sitting in the truck. Processes were put in place to eliminate the need for the stop.

Pros

Simple setup, easy to use by crew and for me the best part is that it actually calculates the overtime.

Cons

As a construction company, we often use multiple rates for the same guy. First of all, they all make different rates depending on their skills and time with the company. Second, they make less to ride in the truck than they do when they're onsite. It would be awesome if this could somehow be factored in.

Response from ClockShark

Hello Keri,

Thank you for the 5-star review! So glad to hear that ClockShark is easy for you and your team to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied 18/05/2020
Devendra Kumar
Devendra Kumar
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 02/04/2023

"Revolutionize Your Employee Time tracking with ClockShark Software:A Game-Changer for Your...

In my experience with ClockShark, it has proven to be a popular and efficient time-tracking software for companies that employ remote or mobile workers. The platform is equipped with a wide range of features such as clock-in and out, scheduling, time tracking, and project management tools that are very useful for managers. Additionally, ClockShark can be easily integrated with popular payroll and accounting software like QuickBooks, ADP, and Gusto. Users have reported a positive experience with the user-friendly interface, video tutorials, and knowledge base. However, some users have had challenges with the mobile app's GPS tracking and syncing data. The software also lacks invoicing capabilities, which may be an issue for some businesses. Despite these limitations, ClockShark remains a widely used and effective time-tracking software.

Pros

I can attest to the numerous impactful features that make it a popular choice. The mobile time tracking feature is particularly useful, allowing employees to track their time on the go using their mobile devices. I also appreciate the real-time reporting feature, which enables managers to access up-to-date information on employee time and attendance. Additionally, the vacation/leave tracking feature helps me manage employee time off requests and ensures adequate staffing.What I find most impressive are the product's user-friendly interface and straightforward navigation. ClockShark also provides excellent customer support, with responsive and helpful representatives available to assist with any questions or issues.Integration with existing business processes can vary depending on organizational needs. Nevertheless, ClockShark offers several integrations with popular software platforms like QuickBooks and ADP, which helps to streamline workflows and reduce data entry time.Overall, ClockShark is a comprehensive and dependable time-tracking solution that caters to businesses of all sizes.

Cons

In my experience, some common issues with ClockShark include difficulty with the mobile app, especially when it comes to GPS tracking and syncing data. The integration process can also be challenging, particularly with custom data mappings. Moreover, some users have reported that the software lacks invoicing capabilities, which can be a disadvantage for some businesses.

easy peasy

Pros

clockshark is by far the easies to set up and use. my employees had no trouble transfering from another software that we were using to clocksharks, it was MUCH easier and user friendly. I love the software and it really has made life easier keeping track of my 30+ employees. I give it a 10 out of 10

Cons

off hand i cant think of any..... i would have to ask my accountant, i do know there is a couple of minor things that i would like to see but my memory fails me right now

Nick

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Residential Home Builder / Remodeler

Very satisfied with Clock Shark

Pros

We choose Clock Shark because of the GPS tracking; employees don't get paid if not on the clock and if they are on the clock we can tell exactly where they are and where they went.

Cons

It's a bit glitchy on cheap phones. Often signs your employees out if they leave the geo-fence without switching to a task that allows them to leave the project.

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

Honest review from somewhat new user

Pros

It is very user friendly and connects with Sage 100 contractor through the Ryvit connector. It is also cheaper than other options and they don't try to sell you on HR or other functions really. All about time tracking and hours reporting.

Cons

There are some features that could be better. For example, scheduling I would like to see the availability to only pick cost codes that are in the budget. Similarly, when switching cost codes administratively for a field employee that picked the wrong one, I'd like to see only the budgeted cost codes. Lastly, there should be a way to remove inactive cost codes. We have a ton that are no longer used and I want to remove them from CS entirely.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

It is very user friendly and budget friendly. It integrates well with our accounting software (via an add-in). CS also is exactly what we're looking for: a time tracking software to job cost employees' hours. They aren't trying to sell us on a bunch of other products.
Addie

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

Robust time tracking software with lots of extra features

I am glad we switched to ClockShark. Their customer service is really responsive and you don't sit on hold for hours. They have a suggestion box for features users are interested in. Overall my experience has been great and when I hear other folks are looking for a time tracking solution I always recommend ClockShark.

Pros

This software ticked all the boxes I was looking for: time tracking with GPS location, GPS tracking while clocked in, a mobile app, crew clock-in, and kiosk ability, a web dashboard that's admin-friendly and easy to use, and the ability for me to reset passwords & fix access in-house instead of having to have my employee contact customer service on their own to do it. We don't even use all of the features of our pretty basic subscription so even at this very budget-friendly price point we have room to grow to before we'd even need to upgrade. I've heard about and looked at all of the project management features and tools and I'm excited to someday use those to their fullest potential enough to need to upgrade.

Cons

I wish I could duplicate time entries for some workers from week to week or day to day. For instance, I have one worker for who I enter things manually and it would be really handy to be able to make a time entry on Monday, save it and then duplicate it but change the date to Tuesday. I would also really like to mark or save the reports I run most frequently with my preferred settings/customizations. Also, a Spanish version of the software would be great.

geoeges
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 16/02/2023

SharkClock : A practical and fun application for shark lovers

ClockShark is an excellent tool for time management. The user interface is simple and easy to use, making it easy for employees to record their time. The software is also very reliable and provides accurate employee time data, which is very useful for overtime management, payroll and project management. In addition, advanced features such as geolocation and team scheduling allow for better resource management and communication. Finally, ClockShark's customer support is excellent and responds quickly to requests for assistance. I highly recommend ClockShark to any company looking to optimize time management.

Pros

HorlogeRequin is an online project management tool that has several advantages for users, including:Ease of use: HorlogeRequin is easy to use, even for people who do not have technical knowledge of project management. The user interface is intuitive and clear, making it easy to plan, organize and track projects.Collaboration features: ClockRequin allows team members to work together in real time, share files, communicate and track project progress. This facilitates collaboration and allows for more efficient teamwork.Project Tracking: ClockRequin offers powerful project tracking features that allow you to track deadlines, tasks, budgets and resources. This helps identify potential problems and ensure that the project is progressing as planned.Flexibility: ClockRequin is flexible and can be used for different types of projects, whether they are simple or complex. It can also be used by teams of different sizes and in different industries.Customer support: HorlogeRequin offers quality customer support, with a team of professionals dedicated to helping users solve problems and answer their questions.

Cons

ClockShark is a time tracking application for businesses that has significant benefits for managing work time, but it can also have some drawbacks for users. Here are some of the potential disadvantages of ClockShark:User interface: some users may find ClockShark's user interface a bit difficult to use and not very intuitive.Feature limitations: ClockShark may not be suitable for all businesses, especially those with advanced time and payroll needs.Cost: ClockShark's cost can be high for small businesses or freelancers who need basic time tracking functionality.Internet Dependency: Because ClockShark is a cloud-based application, users depend on a stable Internet connection to access the application and record their time, which can be problematic in some situations.

Donna

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

Frustration with time & attendance for a small business

I use Clock Shark's time & attendance software for our hourly & salaried employees in the office & field (not commissioned sales personnel). My search for finding this software was a result of being frustrated from an administrative standpoint of dealing with the paper timesheet for many years. No matter what changes I would implement to make procedures more stream-lined, it was difficult to get the results I wanted. Over the course of several years, I had researched and found many time & attendance software systems which would accommodate our needs. However, the costs for the software and maintenance were not feasible for a company our size - small. In 2015 I finally found Clock Shark that met my criteria - affordable, intuitive for the end user, receive timesheets on time to meet payroll, and job-costed correctly 98% of the time. I also discovered that the bonus of this software app was it integrated with Quickbooks payroll and has the capability to GPS track. After a few weeks of test runs with the app last October, I implemented the software on Jan 1 of this year. While there were some minor hiccups at the transition to this new system (mostly user errors), overall it performed well and eliminated most of my administrative frustrations dealing with the timesheet. The by-product of transitioning to this system was that it held everyone accountable and lowered our payroll costs. Since implementing the software, it has made my life easier for payroll and job costing purposes. The other unseen benefit is the ability to check on where your employees are or what they are working on while you are out of the office anywhere in the world that has internet service. It proved to work well when I traveled to Europe this summer. Even though we have a good staff and trust them, I was curious to see what would happen while I was out of town. I quit looking after a few days when I realized everyone was being held accountable to the time & attendance software. And even if I never did look, I had the ability to look at the time clock punch entries at a later time if something was questionable. I'm getting close to a year of using this software app, and overall it has taken away a lot of frustration I was experiencing with timesheets. I've been very happy with Clock Shark overall.

Pros

Ease of use for employees, job cost tracking

Angelique

Reviewed on 25/05/2022

Great Value for Geo Location, Job Costing, Mobile Time Clock

Customer service has been superb. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] helped me with set-up and even after our initial zoom meeting he answered my questions and helped me with a few other set-up items needed. He is personable and kept his meeting appointments with me as scheduled.

We had to add a time tracking app when we decided to go from in-house payroll to outsourcing our payroll to ADP as they don't do the job costing which requires hours worked on specific jobs. It has been a blessing because now we can track where our employees are at a glance and their time is more accurate. Plus the time is recorded daily so we don't have to wait until the end of the week to see how the hours are doing on each job.

It is an easy process to send the time information to ADP as well as to update the timesheets in my QuickBooks so that employee hours show up there.

The app itself is clean looking and easy to use.

Pros

Our work is done at our customers' homes and as an owner of a small company we can't be everywhere at once. Having the GPS Geo Location has been extremely helpful in managing the employees. If they forget to clock out you can see what time they left the area so as to get accurate time. You can see if they left the jobsite early or if they arrived late (many times this time would be inaccurate on their paper timesheets).

The integration with ADP for our outsourced payroll as well as the integration with QuickBooks has been very seamless.

Cons

There was definitely a bit of work in the beginning to get things sorted out. I had to inactive 20 years of clients in my QuickBooks and also add the customer address to the Ship To address because that is the address ClockShark uses for their app. It took a few hours to get that updated but it will be worth it.

Some extra work that I didn't anticipate is that in order to use the Geo Location I have to go in to each job and click the button to add that. When QuickBooks updates to ClockShark I have to remember what the new jobs are and go in to add the GeoFence and to make sure I remembered to put the address in the right spot.

I have emailed them to request that our GeoFence is activated for all new jobs automatically and to update some functionality.

Keiko

Reviewed on 06/11/2020

Pro Co Painting - ClockShark Review

AMAZING! The software is incredible and so is their customer support. If there is ever any new features, questions or changes a team member from ClockShark is readily available to describe and help. The software is reliable, user friendly and affordable. We love ClockShark and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a scheduling or time tracking software.

Pros

Our favourite part about the software is the scheduling app and time tracking. We use it for all of our employees to ensure they know their schedules, where their job sites and that they get paid properly.

Cons

ClockShark is continuously improving, there is nothing I dislike about ClockShark.

VeriClock

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

Need of a better scheduling app

Overall product offerings

Response from ClockShark

Hi Keiko!

Thank you so much for the glowing 5-star review! I'm happy to know the scheduling, timetracking and customer support have been so helpful. It's always a pleasure seeing your name in these reviews, it means we're doing something right. Thank you for your continued support, we appreciate you and your company to the max!

Replied 11/11/2020
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 03/10/2017

I have tried several different time trackers since I opened my business and this is the best.

The ability to easily track employee hours. They can add notes and even attachments when using the app. The software works with Quickbooks and makes it easy to export time sheets directly into Quickbooks.

Pros

I like the ability to designate which jobs different employees can access. The software has gotten better over time and the owner/developer is very responsive and obviously cares about the quality of their product. They continually ask what users want to see added and have instituted changes I (and many others) asked for. Employees are reminding to clock in and out when they hit designated geofences. I use this for my office staff as well as my investigators who work in the field.

Cons

I really don't have any issues with this software. Maybe the ability for the software to text message reminders as well as send push notifications would be nice.

Response from ClockShark

Hey, David. Thanks for sharing your review of ClockShark here on Capterra. It's the perfect forum for sharing what you'd like to see added to the product, and we love your feedback. The suggestion to have a text message reminder is one we get frequently, so I'll add your support to that idea in our Voting Page so it can get more traction.

I love to hear that the GPS Fences are reminding employees to clock in and out from the field, and that you've noticed all the many improvements we're continually making to get ClockShark even better for you. We appreciate your letting us support your company. If you ever need anything, please let us know. All the best, David! -Morgan-

Replied 26/01/2018
Kayla
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 24/02/2021

ClockShark in the Workplace

Clock shark is very easy for companies who are more geared towards using electronics. My company uses iPads for everything so clocking in on your phone every day just makes sense.

Pros

Using ClockShark is incredibly easy. I love that our employees can edit their own time if they have forgotten to clock out. It’s also incredibly helpful that you can leave notes for each clock in. In my industry where I have technicians riding in different vehicles daily, the notes feature really helps me track my guys and know where they are for the day. I would definitely recommend to others.

Cons

I wish selecting a task when you clock in was auto saved.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Kayla! Thank you so much for the five star review! We're happy to hear that you and your employees love ClockShark. Thank you for your feedback! The tasks are not neccesarily autosaved but it should display the most recently used jobs/task at the very top so its fast to select! You can adjust your mobile settings to enable more recently used jobs if you'd like, by going to the left pop out menu > settings > listing sort & recent items > then adjust the recent items amount. If you're envisioning the auto-save to work a little differently we welcome your suggestion and you can reach out to [email protected] to relay your idea directly to an engineer!

Replied 31/03/2021
Kaity

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Wonderful!

Pros

This software is so easy to use! Trying to implement a new 'time sheet' process with sub contractors and employees can be incredibly difficult when they're used to doing something completely different. ClockShark has been a dream to implement and use. It has made my job processing payroll a hundred times easier. The schedule feature has made running our jobs smooth and easy to follow. We are really enjoying using the software!

Cons

The only issue we have had is miscommunications with support due to being charged for each 'employee'. Now that we understand completely all is well. We use sub contractors for the majority of our jobs, they do not use this software, but because we love the scheduling feature we had to enter each of our subs as an employee to be able to utilize them on the schedule- but only for our records. That was an issue for us, being charged for people to NOT use the software. However- it makes everything easier to be able to use the scheduling function that it is worth paying to be able to input our subs into the schedule.

QuickBooks Time and Buildertrend

Response from ClockShark

Hi Kaity,

Thank you for the review! So glad to hear that ClockShark has made your job easier and you are enjoying the many features we have to offer. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied 29/06/2020
Melanie

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

One of the best business management tools we have

Pros

Easily track employee time, create time reports by employee or job. No more need to text an employee an address - it's on a Clockshark. No more unreadable or late time sheets. Time is tracked not only by job and location, but by task. This has enabled us to have more accurate billing on time and material jobs. We are also able run reports that show time for different activities, which helps with insurance reports. At any time of the day I can logon from my desk top and see a map of where our employees are working, and what time they clocked in. Clockshark is constantly updating features, adding to the value of the software.

Cons

Sometimes there are issues with clocking in or out when employees are out of cell service. Most of the time, though, they are able to update their time once they are back in service. It would be nice to have OT hours in a separate line item on job reports. One of the best things about Clockshark is the customer service. Think of your very worst customer service experience with other software (Quickbooks, for example) and then imagine the polar opposite -- that's Clockshark. Every so often there are user suggestions that we are able to vote on, and Clockshark has implemented many of these since we began using the software.

Kelly

Reviewed on 09/02/2022

Kelly Strunk

The benefits that I have seen so far would be that we can export info from quickbooks to clockshark to keepsus organizated and on task

Pros

I have little knowledge in using clockshark with our company, but from what i have noticed it is very easy to navigate through and it helps keep all of our projects and employees on task for what needs to be accomplished

Cons

I haven't found anything I dislike I just wish I was more knowledgeable with the software to use this product at its full potential

Alana
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

Great software for running a business!

So far our experience with ClockShark has been great and we are continuing to grow and learn with the software. We are very new at using ClockShark but so far it has saved me a lot of time in regards to calculating payroll hours and tracking employee clock in and out times. The schedule also works great for us as we have multiple employees working at multiple warehouses. Overall it's been a great experience and customer service with ClockShark is always on point. Their team members are helpful and quick to answer any issues. I love the chat option available on ClockShark, you get immediate responses instead of having to call or email someone. (Great feature!)

Pros

This software is very easy to use and adjust to. It didn't take much time at all to get all of our employees set up with the ClockShark app and so far it has been a great experience and saving us lots of time with tracking employee hours.

Cons

Sometimes I notice the app will glitch a bit. For example, when I check to see Who's working now option under the app, it does not always show me the employees at their location even though they clocked in on time. I have tried syncing and then checking again, but same issue. When logged onto ClockShark on my desktop computer, I have no issues at all. Overall the app works great.

Response from ClockShark

Hello Alana,

Thanks for the review! Happy to hear that ClockShark is easy for you and your employees to use, and has saved you lots of time. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied 05/06/2020
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

My staff practiced for one pay period (2 weeks) before going live right after Christmas

More accurate job tracking/costing; easier payroll processing; ability to go back and review data; numerous slice and dice reports.

Pros

As president, I do payroll. The ClockShark reports make that task far easier than the spreadsheet I used to use. Last week (first week of a pay period) I noted that one of the jobs had way too many hours. Another report directed me to who it was that had misunderstood. I now need to manually redirect his time to the proper job so our job accounting is correct.

Cons

Personally, I'm finding it hard to remember to punch in and out. I've not worked a time-clock job since 1983, so it's an old habit I'm finding difficult to resurrect. I've had no complaints from the staff. One person does not have a smart phone, so she must enter time from her home computer. I needed to give her a little bit of admin access in order to do this, but it's not been a problem.

Response from ClockShark

Hi, David :)

Thanks for testifying to all of the immediate benefits you've had after using ClockShark for just a couple of months. We love to hear that ClockShark has helped you with your payroll process and its accuracy. What a great story about being able to find the error in the hours and correct it before cutting the checks!

We're glad that the staff are enjoying using it, and that you were able to use the "Manager Permissions" to accommodate your employee who doesn't have a smart phone. That's exactly how to use those permissions. :)

If you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know. You mentioned sometimes forgetting to clock in/out, and we'd love to show you some of the reminders available in ClockShark that can help with that. (Not that you'll need them forever: you're going no have that old habit resurrected in no time!)

Welcome to the ClockShark team, David. We're here to help your business, so just let us know what we can do. Have a tremendous day!

Replied 19/01/2018