About My Clients Plus

My Clients Plus is a cloud-based medical platform. It is used by mental and behavioral health providers for medical practice management. My Clients Plus’ key features comprise therapy billing, client portal, to-do list, therapy...

Browse My Clients Plus Reviews

Matt C. Matt C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 05/11/2018

My Clients Plus is best product on the market.

My company has been associated with My Clients Plus for the past 11 years and services over 180 practices across the nation. During that period of time, we've had the opportunity to change software vendors that offered incentives and benefits that MCP didn't offer at that time. However, we never made a change because of the ability to MCP improve their product in order to improve on what their competitors offered.
What stands out and is most important about work with MCP is the consistently high level of client service they provide. Nothing is too great or too small to deal with. The company has available, knowledgeable, friendly and helpful employees who go above and beyond any other software vendor I've ever worked with.
This aspect of a relationship should not be overlooked because when it comes down to it, the various software vendors all have similar features. When you need someone or something addressed immediately, MCP has always stepped-up and resolved it in a minimal amount of time. I can't say enough about how wonderful it is to work with this company. Give them a shot, you will not be disappointed!

Pros

The learning curve, the ease of use and most importantly the service the company provides it's users.

Cons

There is nothing I can think of. Any time there has been a concern, MCP does whatever it takes to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Jeff S. Jeff S.

10 Year User

Great overall experience. Many time saving features without an overabundance of mouse clicks to get things done. Fair price for the product. The product is always expanding and improving. I have, and will continue to, recommend it to other therapists.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and fits into my work flow well. Doing billing and writing notes is not why I got into this field, but My Clients Plus makes those tasks about as hassle free as possible.
MC+ has always had outstanding and very responsive customer service. I only have to contact them a couple times per year, but they are always fast and thorough with their responses.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to customize the list of interventions and the section with the list of treatment foci rather than having to find a template with the closest fit. It would also be nice if the items not checked in the list of interventions would not show up on the final note.
Jituzu works well, but my clients have difficulty remembering the name, which seems to make them less likely to use the client portal, especially infrequent users.

Sue A. Sue A.

Reviewed on 09/11/2018

BEST SOFTWARE EVER

My notes are up-to-date and HIPAA compliant. I can access anything at any time from anywhere!
Billing allows me to send out statements, follow up with insurance companies if needed and keep track of all activity simply.
I call myself the biggest MCP fan because I tell ALL my friends and co-workers about how great it is and recommend they use it for their own practices. Several of my friends have shared that it has also saved their lives with regards to keeping up-to-date and not losing out on billing any longer.

Pros

I love the ease of using MCP - it's user friendly, everything is connected simply and it provides me with all the services I need. There's a great variety of templates, I can link the calendar with appointments simply through Jituzu. The reminders for scheduling are the best!
Customer support is amazing - the agents are professional, knowledgeable and friendly.

Cons

Nothing - Love it all! If anything I'd say I wish the notes saved automatically as I've lost a few after not remembering to save them before leaving the page!

Top My Clients Plus Alternatives

John C. John C.

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Great Product: Best Customer Service of Any Product I Use

Great experience. Very easy to use and maintain and their customer service is not only extremely helpful, they are very friendly. I am a psychologist and usually submit about 10 claims per day. It takes about a minute to submit these claims. Because of the ease with which I am able to submit claims, I even submit claims for the out-of-network patients that I have (which is the majority of my caseload) which makes life much easier for them and much more likely that they continue with treatment and recommend me to their friends (which obviously means that my business is able to be more profitable as a result).

Pros

Very user-friendly (after learning the software) and it takes so little time each day for me (1 minute) to submit all of my claims for the day.

Cons

Personally, I like the older "Classic" version of the software better than the newer version, but fortunately they offer you the choice to use either the "Classic" or new software when you login.

Hether C. Hether C.

Excellent Software

I am able to get paid within a week or two of billing since I am not having to send billing through the mail. In addition, when I make a mistake, MCP is VERY responsive, pleasant and effective in helping me fix the problem. And all at an affordable price!

Pros

This software is so easy to use - I am sure I wouldn't be able to run my private practice as efficiently without it. Once client and insurance information is entered, billing (sending out the 1500 form) really is as simple as pushing a button.

Cons

Can't always run the exact report I need. And it would be nice to be able to individually customize a note on client invoices, without having to print each client invoice independently (or hand-write it in!).

Aimee G. Aimee G.

Reviewed on 10/11/2018

Great product Great people!

Excellent. I use the different options for formatting my case /clinical notes; for billing; for Jituzu for clients charge accounts. I use as much as a solo provider needs.

Pros

I like how user friendly it is, wonderful format, tons of options and as a mental health provider-not at IT person- I can use most of the functions w/o much support but when I do need support, the MCP team of customer support people are outstanding. I think I've used MCP for about 10 years now and I will use nothing else. Loving it from Vermont!

Cons

Can't think of anything yet. I think the Jituzu format and use took me longer than anything else on the MCP site and product.

Reviewed on 15/06/2018

Been using this service for almost 10 years. The program is great and customer service is...

Efficiency and additional records of my billing transactions.

Pros

I don't usually write reviews for most products, but their customer service is so helpful and friendly, every time I call, they should offer a clinic to other businesses, and especially to insurance companies, how to treat customers. I am a psychologist who sees between 8-10 patients per day, and it takes me less than a minute to submit my claims at the end of each day.

Cons

It's hard for me to get used to the newer format so I hope they still keep the old one as an option.

Miranda C. Miranda C.

Reviewed on 11/03/2014

By far the easiest to use and most affordable software out there.

I will admit, when I first started using this software several months back, I had little actual billing experience myself as I had always had a biller in the office who took care of that side of things for me. A friend recommended this software to me and suggested I try it out when my biller unexpectedly left. I'm happy to report I was able to get everything set up and take up billing on my own relatively easily, thanks in no small part to My Clients Plus.

As another reviewer stated, the initial set up is by far the longest, most tedious part of using MC+ , but once that is done, billing is a breeze. I spent some time during the first week of my FREE (always a good thing!) trial and watched the Help videos on their Help page, and I joined one of their webinars to get a better feel for how to get started and I was off and billing in no time.

When I do have questions (it happens to even the best of us), their customer service is readily available and always seem happy to assist me (even when I'm having one of my "Senior Moments" and forget something simple).

So far I've yet to come across a client that has tertiary insurance, as another reviewer states, so I feel, at least in my area, this is probably less common of an occurrence .

What I absolutely love about this software though, above even the ease of billing, are the progress notes. There are so many to choose from, and they just make note taking so easy! I spent a couple of hours here and there setting up my "library" of notes I wanted to use, going through all of them and carefully selecting the ones that worked best for me and now I can take care of everything, from billing to notations with just a couple hours of work a week.

All of this for $30 a month?! I don't know how they manage to offer that low of a price but I am sold 100%!

Sari G. Sari G.

Reviewed on 18/09/2020

Customer support exceptional

Pros

l switched to My Clients Plus for the quality and user friendly interface in addition to the online case notes feature. Was very easy to set up but I had many issues in switching the clearing house and getting paid from insurance company.

Customer service was exceptional. They helped me every step of the way until my issue resolved.
Now I am totally running and I love the product! It has met my expectations.

Cons

It's not the softwares fault but it took some time to get switched to APEX as clearing house.

TherapyNotes

Reasons for Choosing My Clients Plus

User friendly interface and online case notes feature.

Reasons for Switching to My Clients Plus

I liked the pricing and ease of use.
Alan S. Alan S.

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

Outstanding customer support - every time

Very efficient credit card billing. 99% of my customers are very comfortable with providing their CC #'s, which I easily charge after each of their sessions. Very easy and efficient for them and for me. Billing insurance companies is equally easy and efficient.

Pros

I don't know much about software; but with my client's plus I don't have to. They walk me through everything; anytime that I call. Excellent service.

Cons

No concerns. Everything works great, every time.

Judith D. Judith D.

My Clients Plus Review

I am able to bill, easily look up clients and their balances owed.

Pros

As a one person therapist operating a private practice, this software has been invaluable in providing a concise database of all clients, statements, diagnosis and treatment.

Cons

I do not use half the features so I would prefer a reduced price based on the number of features used. Overall, great product at reasonable price.

Jacque M. Jacque M.

Reviewed on 05/11/2018

Customer Service is the BEST!!!

Pros

The customer service is AWESOME! I have been using My Clients Plus for over five years and I recommend it highly! It is so wonderful to call and be able to speak to a HUMAN, who knows what they are doing and actually cares! This is a very rare thing.

Cons

I honestly do not have anything negative to say about this Company. I think they are first rate!

Robyn R. Robyn R.

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Excellent product and customer service, good bang for the buck

Pros

Easy to use, can use apply payments directly to account, customer service is beyond excellent-anytime I email them with a question-I get a response within 24 hours, but usually the same day! For the cost, it is excellent! The notes are easy to use too!

Cons

I have no complaints! Everything is great and the staff are very helpful!

Katharine B. Katharine B.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Billing made easy

Been using MCP for 10+ years. It saved me the hassle of billing by US mail, and is an efficient way to keep notes and bill at the same time.

Pros

Allows me to keep clinical notes and Bill for services to insurance companies, at the same yime

Cons

Software has some extra steps that make it feel a bit clunky.

Julie N. Julie N.

Reviewed on 19/10/2016

I love MCP!

I spend less time using MCP than when I had to oversee my old billing service! It is extremely easy to use, highly efficient, and I never get denied claims! The customer service is so good-whether by email or by phone, I get immediate help, or within an hour every time. I've recommended this to three others who all also love it! Couldn't be happier!

Pros

The ease of use

Pat T. Pat T.

Essential tool for a Sole Practioner

Pros

It is so easy to use When I do have a question or problem the staff is always so helpful and responsive.

Cons

I like the old version of the main page better
Visually more simplified and seems easier to navigate. So glad we can still use the old version

Jo ann Y. Jo ann Y.

Reviewed on 07/11/2018

Satisfied user

Currently, not having any problems with the soft wear.

Pros

Very user friendly, makes billing a breeze.

Cons

The cost. I have two professionals in my practice, I think the cost should be a lot less for additional users in the same practice.

Bill H. Bill H.

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

This is far superior to the govt website. Great menus and superior customer service.

Pros

Menus are great once you learn how to navigate them. Response time after submission is a real plus - 2 weeks vs. 6 wks with federal forms. Submission mistakes are quickly returned. Customer Service is knowledgeable about interpretation of error messages and has routinely provided resolutions to errors allowing successful re-submissions. The Customer Service staff are by far the best I've experienced in my 40 of work experience. This staff is extremely knowledgeable and personable. They take all the time required to resolve the issue with knowledge, warmth and personality. I've not experienced anything like this team. They are the prototype for successful customer service.

Cons

The video tutorials are helpful to a point. Where they fall short, the customer service staff are equipped to resolve issues.

Rubin N. Rubin N.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Overall, a decent program.

Pros

There is a bit of a learning curve at first, but this software is relatively easy to use once it is set up.

Cons

After being a committed customer for some years they locked me when my credit card was denied due to fraud. I communicated this to them and told them I'd have a new card shortly, but that didn't stop them. I needed to access patient data but was blocked. I feel this is insensitive and even unethical.

Response from My Clients Plus

Rubin, we're sorry for the misunderstanding. When a payment is declined for any reason, the system automatically sends an email explaining what happened and then prompts the user for a new payment method when they next log in.

The first time you contacted us via email, we did not understand that you were asking us to move your billing date another week or so because that is when you expected to receive a new business card. By the time we figured it out, you had already entered a new payment method and were using your account.

Replied 16/10/2017
Melissa K. Melissa K.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Customer

Pros

Efficiency, easy of use, wonderful support staff.

Cons

Hoping you will continue supporting the original format.

Paul B. Paul B.

Reviewed on 09/08/2016

Template Corrections Turnaround on a Dime

I am a Clinical Social Worker and a Licensed Massage Therapist. After great word of mouth recommendations, and an unbeatable monthly investment for My Clients Plus, I have just enrolled in the 30 day trial period. I work with Transgender and Gender Variant clients, and as I began to enter my first client's information, I realized that the gender designation in the patient setup template only allowed for male or female. My client does not identify as male nor female. I reached out to Dawn Warren, who had sent me an introduction and welcome e-mail when I enrolled. In less than two days, Dawn had proposed a solution to add an option to the system for "Unknown" for Gender, which would meet electronic claim transmission guidelines. The very next day, Male, Female or Unknown were available gender marker choices. I am continuing to explore the many functions of My Clients Plus, recognizing the many features for the value. So far, I am very impressed!

Pros

The help section of the software package walks the user clearly through steps necessary to set up functions and features to easily customize the product to meet my needs (ie: insurance companies, billing sources, Medicare).

Deb G. Deb G.

Software loyalty

Pros

I LOVE the customer support. Response time is fast and I get the help I need.
Version 2.0 took care of what I was looking for and hoping for in billing software so I anticipate being with MyClientsPlus for a long time.

Cons

Nothing of mention at the moment...2.0 resolved what I needed to have changed.

William Y. William Y.

Reviewed on 09/09/2014

Do you want to make it easier and more efficient at the same time?

Imagine this: Once you've set it up -- and the staff is very available to walk you through the process -- more of the tedium of billing and maintaining session and progress records is automatic. True transitioning from paper to on-line and for many of us from analog to digital is a steep and sometimes challenging learning event. But that is an event that we all have to undertake with any onsite service. The question is whether the investment has served one well. Like so many computer based transitions, once one has made the step, one asks, "How did I do it without?" Remember when you first discovered "cut" and "paste"? Sure beats write it over, yes? Well, this is an approximate analogy. That is my offering for engaging a service. My offering for choosing Myclientsplus.com is the fair minded pricing, reliability, the continual effort to improve and provide options responsive to individual preferences, and of no small note, the responsiveness of the staff

Peggy H. Peggy H.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 04/10/2021

Lovely idea, great support, but just too clumsy to use

Need to integrate the electronic clinical record with electronic billing and revenue tracking . Great support. Software too complex to learn in two week trial window, and my initial experience with supporting software downloads indicated that to use it in the practice would take hours of learning- more than this busy practice can afford- and would be much more expensive than advertised

Pros

Integration and support and invoicing and revenue tracking

Cons

Too little integration of the components. I kept needing to download and subscribe to outside programs to achieve the function promised by the initial website. I needed a lot of instruction to develop a progress note treatment plan, and needed additional software subscriptions to write a diagnosis and bill electronically

Debbie G. Debbie G.

Reviewed on 28/04/2019

Upset customer

Terrible customer service! You need to hire more help until this mess gets figured out as I know I am not the only one having problems with the switch to Apex.

Pros

The system is user friendly. I have used the system for 4 years now.

Cons

I have left a message for a return call. I am being over billed with the new billing system and need to figure this out. The recording says to leave only one message but a month has gone by and no one has called me. I am owed over$200 in overcharges.