About Service Fusion

Service Fusion is an all-in-one, cloud-based field service management software. It caters to service contractors and businesses of all sizes across multiple industries. Service Fusion offers field service management, VoIP phone...

Browse Service Fusion Reviews

Carla R.

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

Wow, great product and great support!

We were skeptical about switching from one online program to another for our dispatch and billing needs but holy cow, so glad we did! From the beginning they have been so helpful. We can now look customers up by address, phone number, etc... We can add contacts for each job location, as many as we want, we can add service locations with notes, as many as we want... The accounting portion, unpaid invoices etc... is great. Being able to figure out what jobs haven't been billed out is simple. This program is helping us be more efficient, collect money faster and thus buy new equipment sooner. There are so many options with this program, it's truly amazing.

Pros

It is hard to say what we like most about Service Fusion because all the parts work together to help our business function at it's best. Maybe the customer support. They actually want to help us, can help us and know what they are talking about. They give answers instead of the run around, every single time without fail. It is truly amazing and compared to other programs we have used it is night and day the level of expertise and perfection.

Cons

The video tutorials. They were a bit torturous. Watching a video of a learning session that lasts a couple of hours while trying to run an emergency service company and take care of customers is asking too much.

Makenzie G.

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

Dispatch Made Easy

I really enjoy Service Fusion. It stands out among the crowd of dispatch software. Other programs I had used were glitchy and ended up causing me to spend more time fixing the problem then getting actual work done. One thing that deserves mention is SF's amazing customer service. I cannot sing his ( our tech) praises enough. This man deserves a raise, as he is always helpful, and actually interested in ME , not just work!!

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is how easy it is to create/schedule jobs. The way they are displayed on the dispatch board so that I can see what is scheduled but unassigned, what has been dispatched, and what needs a follow up. I also enjoy how easy the software is for the techs and the fact that there is a space for all the information we are interested in collecting (i.e. equipment type)

Cons

The one thing I really dislike about this software is how difficult it is to just get a simple list of the VIP customers or maintenance contracts. Previously we used FieldEdge and all I had to do was simply hit "Maintenance Contract Customers" and it would list all the contracts- when they were purchased, when they expired, and if they had previously been on contract and failed to renew. I don't like the fact that I have to put in the dates what not. I just want an easy one-click button.

Reviewed on 21/03/2019

New, but VERY impressed with features for the money, and MOSTLY SUPPORT!

Again, I'm new and just started managing people in it.. but my overall feeling is I can certainly run my business on it. I'm sure some things will annoy us and we'll wish it could do this or that, but it's very flexible to a variety of service/ field businesses. We're excited about choosing it and incorporating our processes around it.

Pros

I reviewed and tested over 15 softwares to help us run our property services company, and Service Fusion was the clear winner. Although lacking in some things I would like to see, it has more in one package at a reasonable price than all the others. I'm also excited about their new version coming out.

Main reason for this review though is RAVE about the support I received from CSR; I believe a manager in support I was lucky enough to get on the phone when I called in. Before I spoke to CSR, I was still very lost on how to BEST apply the software to our business needs, and this was after 2 implementation meetings with my onboarding specialist.

Long story, short, I spoke to CSR for 4 fast hours as he let me talk outloud and verbalize the multiple "if this then that" scenarios I would wrestle with to make sure I was using SF in the most efficient way possible.
Then, after listening intently, and putting himself in my shoes, he would work with me to find the answer.

To add to the best software service I have had in years, at the end of the call, he asked me to hold as we were wrapping up 2 last points so he could say goodbye to his team as they were leaving for the day. Then, CSR spoke to me for another 30 to 45 minutes AFTER he was done for the day.

Before my call with CSR, I felt like I was a 2 out of 10 on the program. After my call, I felt like I was a 8/9 out of 10.

THAT is the type of support that will help us succeed with SF!

Cons

New so still finding things out, but 1 thing is there seem to be some fields that aren't that functional; more placeholders. If they were functional based on the data they contain, it would be amazing! For example, you can put how many manhours per unit of measure a service costs. However, when you ad a quantity, it doesn't calculate the manhours; it's more of just a placeholder?!

Reporting could be a little more custom too.

I'm hopeful some of these things are going to be addressed in V2 sometime this year, but even if they aren't, this is still a LOT of engine and features for the money.

Joel H.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Reviewed on 16/08/2018

Unbelievable Software for the Price

I highly recommend giving them a shot and trying out their demo. Their staff is great and always willing to help with any problems you may encounter.

Pros

- Pay one low fee for unlimited users and access to the system; not having to pay per user can lead to huge savings!

- Offers incredible functionality at a low cost.
- Customer support is truly incredible; they offer chat and phone support all based in the United States.

- Built-in support for syncing with QuickBooks Desktop software, works very well and puts data into QuickBooks exactly as it should

- Ability to upload photos to work orders, this gives management the ability to truly see what was done on a job.

- Offers great tracking functions for keeping staff working efficiently.

- System can call or text customers to alert them that you are coming.

- Allows for custom document creation so you can create and style your own paperwork with all your required verbiage.

- Allows for simple inventory tracking and purchase orders which can work well for general item tracking.

- Separate Mobile app syncs perfectly with system and allows office staff to see technicians progress as they update their mobile app.

- Has ability to tie trucks to GPS through one of their partners to better track your service fleet and give more accurate arrival estimates.

- Built-in private messages system allows techs and office staff to chat so communication is clear and always documented.

Cons

- QuickBooks sync works well, but only allows for one chart of account to be assigned so if you use charts of account to track items/sales in QuickBooks you will need to update these manually or come up with another automated process to keep new items that are added correct.

- Inventory control is not great for multiple warehouse or for users with more than a few trucks as technicians have to select the warehouse they want to pull from each time; there is no way to select a default warehouse like a tech's truck making inventory tracking more accurate.

- If you are a small startup with only one or two trucks and one or two users this will cost you more than other similar software that charges per user. Once you past 8 - 10 users Service Fusion will start saving you serious money. It saved our group several thousand dollars a month when we switched.

Crysten P.

Reviewed on 09/05/2017

Great for small HVAC companies

Overall our experience with Service Fusion has been great. It's a tool that will do well for any small service company. I would love to see Service Fusion step up their partnership with larger organizations like ACCA and do more with their on boarding process. We were left to figuring out how to apply the tool to our own processes and how to get the tool to do things we wanted it to do for us. Service Fusion was there for us when we have questions, but a better on boarding process with a consultant to help us set up would have saved Service Fusion teams from less questions down the road and helped us ensure we're using the tool/setting up our own methods properly in the first place. I would still recommend Service Fusion to any small business like ours.

Pros

It's allowed our small business to get more connected with customers and create a better customer database along with new payment portals not available to us before. We are still learning the tool but we've already saved time regarding payroll and getting critical data in the hands of our Technicians when they are out in the field. Connecting the field to the office support team has been critical in ensuring we're providing our best selves to the end customer.

The Service Fusion team has been incredible! They are super supportive and answer any questions we have on any given day within minutes. They have helpful videos and go the extra mile to help in every aspect. Great Team!

Cons

While there are some incredible features that have helped us, there are some limitations and clunkiness that needs to be ironed out. The dispatching views are great but limited to size of screen - having to reduce the overall screen to see our entire team doesn't give us a view of the bigger picture. The phone app doesn't allow this larger picture of schedules when we're out of the office, however the dispatch does connect to Google Calendar to get it but still makes it so we're jumping through multiple clicks to get answers to customers on our availability when we're in the field.

Reporting on schedules and tracking schedules is somewhat limited. There is no good way to handle tracking paid time off (which we offer to our employees) so we are left to creating our own work arounds to track this. We run into our teams forgetting to track their time and needing to update their time on the back end - there are ways to get it updated, but it's clunky - multiple clicks through multiple areas isn't always transparent on method.

We have clients with multiple properties and while the tool supports this model, we would love for it to track the equipment to each property so we're not having to manually look this information up. For us being in HVAC, we need a way to track the size of the air filter for a few of our customers that own hundreds/thousands of properties. Being able to tie equipment to property would be huge.

Mario D.

Reviewed on 20/08/2017

One of the better players in their field.

Pros

It is easy to use, fairly reliable, and it handles purchase orders, multiple warehouses for inventory, ability to schedule multiple technicians to a job, sub customer. Tech support is easy to get to.

Cons

We have some customers that prefer to have invoices faxed to them, and we use myfax for our provider. It appeared that there was a way to integrate with that service, however, when we contacted tech support they informed that it may be available in the future. Not sure why they have a non-functioning feature. The inventory system is at best mediocre. Payments recorded in Quickbooks do not synch back to SF. Tech support, while helpful most of the time are stand-offish when a feature does not work as expected. Overall, they are far better than a few other vendors we have tried, but there are a lot of improvements to be made yet.

Response from Service Fusion

Hi Mario,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review and provide us with your candid feedback! Greatly appreciated.

I just emailed you a solution for the eFax setup. My guess is that since it's not a common request the person you spoke with was not sure how to set it up. I apologize.

Would love to hear more specifics about the inventory management piece not being up to par. I think we have quite a bit of functionality covered (e.g. multiple warehouses, serialization, reallocation, POs, inventory orders, etc.), but again, would definitely love to hear a more detailed feedback and figure out how to improve.

Thanks again for the feedback and your continued support!

-Max

Replied 21/08/2017

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

Excellent solution for field services

Service Fusion has a modern, user-friendly interface and tons of customizable features. You get so much bang for your buck. My growing business manages many field workers in several locations daily and the administrative burden was becoming debilitating. Service Fusion allows us to create a detailed entry for every job, as well as recurring jobs, then "set it and forget it". You can add photos to a job, contracts, other documents, notes for field workers, status updates, all the things! You can set it so that workers and clients are automatically notified, reminded, thanked, asked for feedback, etc. as well so it basically has a built-in communications and marketing suite. Last but certainly not least, the support is amazing! From sales to tech support - our sales rep really took the time to help me understand the value in this software before buying, he was so patient over several weeks and many many calls, and our Customer Success Manager is so reliable and committed to helping us customize the functions and processes to our workflow to get the most out of the software. They even have live tech support so you can tackle nuanced issues as-they-happen. I'm thrilled with Service Fusion and would recommend it for any growing business that deploys people resources to provide onsite services at client locations.

Pros

Tons and tons of features, very user-friendly interface, and very adaptable/customizable to various workflows. And unparalleled customer support!

Cons

There's nothing not to like! We have run into some tiny nuanced issues that are specific to our business, but the Service Fusion team has been there to hear them and has always provided workarounds. They also take feature requests and everything about their customer service so far suggests that they will take them seriously.

Jim G.

Reviewed on 07/04/2018

One major accounting flaw

Pros

One of the most feature-rich software platforms we came across in our vetting process. The ability to close-out a job, but leave a task open to do at a later time would have made this the best software we found. GPS tracking was nice in theory, but did not work correctly on iOS devices.

Cons

The software is unable to do 3rd party billing to more than one parent company. All other software we ran across was able to do this. During the sales process, the salesperson guaranteed us that their software had the ability to bill any 3rd party.. what he didn't say is that it permanently locks that account to a single parent.. and any changes affects any other open jobs with the same customer. 3 months of wasted time.

Response from Service Fusion

Hi Jim,

Thank You for the complimentary nature of your review and the 4-5 stars across the board; however, to help avoid confusion among prospective readers, I would like to clarify one important thing.

What you referred to as an accounting flaw has actually nothing to do with accounting, per se. More specifically, it is WHO the invoice goes to versus HOW MUCH the invoice is for.

While our parent > sub-customer logic is identical to that of QuickBooks, we do understand that your specific needs are a bit different. I apologize that this critical detail was missed or misunderstood in the sales process as well as earlier in your on-boarding process.

As for being able to close out jobs while leaving tasks open, this can be very easily accomplished with the additional site visit feature.

Thank You again and we look forward to possibly welcoming you back on board one day!

Max @ Service Fusion

Replied 10/04/2018
David L.

Reviewed on 30/03/2017

This software is not ready for work.

First I would begin saying that this software looks great on the demo presentation. But after you start working with it, you dive into a huge pile of issues. We have used this software for several months and the only thing that I can say is "waste of money" besides the monthly payments we have invested hundreds of hours in importing our company's data into the software and setting up the work structure. All along it was a bumpy ride. We started noticing "issues" that were critical for any company's workflow, but when spoke to their tech support, all those "issues" became "features". The tech support people said to me that they are coming out with a new system that had been completely rebuilt from the ground up. When asked when will this system become available, nobody knew. The fact of the matter is that if the software was good, why would they need to redesign it entirely? They know that the system is problematic, but refuse to admit that in public. If you are ready to spend alot of money and time, this could be a great adventure, but if you are looking for a real working field service management software for your business, look elsewhere. Good luck.

Pros

It looks like a perfect fit for our business model. We liked the option that the technician on the field can capture pre and post work signatures.

Cons

The technician mobile app does not have any way to work offline. The app is full of bugs and not functunal at all on the field. The online system is very cluttered to work with.

Response from Service Fusion

Hi David:

Thank You for your feedback.

We are not without flaws and we definitely don't claim to accommodate every workflow, but we try very hard to make it work for everyone who decides to give us a shot. We wouldn't have over 1,000 paying customers with a "great demo" alone.

I understand it's important to you, but offline support is a feature, not an issue. There were other things on your list that we simply didn't do. It wasn't a feature that was "broken". It just wasn't available.

Our V2 features more than offline support. It has a built-in VoIP phone system, a CRM, email, progress invoicing & more. Everything our customers asked for. And it uses the latest tech available today, not two years ago. We rebuilt from the ground up because it has a completely different architecture. Phone manufacturers roll out new phones every year not because the last model was bad, but because the new model is better.

I am sorry we couldn't be a great fit for you at this time.

Max

Replied 30/03/2017
Erik P.

Reviewed on 03/04/2017

Great software with even better support!

Our garage door company was looking to digitize our work orders and streamline the invoicing process from our techs in the field back our our personnel in the office. Service Fusion definitely fits the bill - with tons of features and integration with Quickbooks. We do things differently than most businesses as well, so the level of customization Service Fusion has, has really help us make this a great fit. Some of the features we do not use at this time, but they have given us something to look at for the future in terms of running and tracking marketing campaigns, setting up customer portals, etc. Otherwise, we now run our day-to-day out of this platform and it makes tracking our jobs, billing them, and keeping up with our workers much, much easier, and nothing slips through the cracks.

To be honest, the pricing seemed too good to be true compared to their competitors, as well as no additional fee for support - I went into this thinking Tech Support would be lacking - DEFINITELY NOT THE CASE. This is hands down the best support I have received on any purchase I have made. There is no limit to them helping you, and they are super friendly and accommodating. On top of it all, when we asked for things not in the software, they went above and beyond to work with developers to see if it was possible to iterate the software to help us further, and they have been just more than helpful in onboarding and helping us to understand everything about the software. Couldn't be happier!

Pros

Customization, easy of use, customer support.

Cons

I would like to be able to process payments through here without using one of your vendors.

Keri P.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Clean & organized way to dispatch and schedule appointments!

Very beneficial software for scheduling and dispatching. Have the ability to attach photos and or documents to certain jobs is very helpful. Service Fusion is an easy to navigate software and definitely helps prevent follow ups from falling through the cracks.

Pros

The ability to read clearly, and fill in extra notes and details needed for jobs we need to return to. As well as the ability to set reminders of appointments.

Cons

The fact that when going to a customers main page on Service Fusion it won't show if they have a past due balance. You have to go through a couple tabs to find out if they indeed owe money still.

Samuel W.

Reviewed on 04/01/2018

We started using Service Fusion 6 months ago and we love it.

We speed up the job and coustomer management.

Pros

what we like the most is how fast their customer service is to respond to our questions, also they paid attention to our suggestions.
They keep adding and improving features to the system.
Job management is great.
Very good functionality for Scheduling and Dispatching.
And invoicing is good too.

Cons

The things that we would prefer that they improve we already discussed with them. They fixed two big things for us, one was the way that the pictures of the first job repeat every recurring job and the other one was on the billing before the job was close.
The only thing that we still want and probably they will work on that too is the ability to add the balance of previous invoices to the new invoice.

Daniel C.

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

After numerous softwares, we finally have found the winner!!!!!

Everything is so easy, we spent 1 week working out the systems and understanding the system. We started on 12/10/2018 and by 12/24/2018 we were confident to actually use the system daily. Today (1/3/2019) we are fully operational without double entry into our old systems. I am so excited about the future upgrades as well.

Pros

The ease of use, the depth of details, the new front dashboard is amazing. After 7 different softwares in the past 3 years, Service Fusion is much more user friendly. I cannot believe how much support I can get. I literally called 14 times in one day when we first began. Our team loves Service Fusion and so do the technicians. The technicians app is so easy to maneuver around. We really love how it updates almost immediately. Everyday i find something else it has, and I am blown away that for once I can truly trust my software to run my business. Payroll is done in 30 minutes instead of 3-4 hrs.

Cons

There is nothing we don't like and almost everything we have asked about is in the development pipeline with an honest time assessment.

Alexandra S.

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Very user-friendly and good features!

Pros

We have fleets that go out everyday and the scheduling that we use is Service Fusion. We schedule from the office and everybody gets the notification to their job site.

Cons

We tried using the Time Tracking for Payroll with the employees but it's not very user-friendly and it just didn't work out!

Terra N.

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

Plumbing Contractor

We have never had a problem with Service fusion, anytime we have a question, we are able to contact a real person to assist us.

Pros

Service fusion is very affordable, and has nice perks, such as setting an auto email/text to customers - that relieves our office staff from having to do this, so they can focus on different areas of the company.

Cons

Reporting options - I wish there was more friendly reports that you could generate.

Justin V.

Reviewed on 10/09/2020

Greatest program ever!!

Pros

We have used 5-10 different programs over a 6 year period. Service Fusion is by far the best! They are always updating the service, they have an idea portal where clients can vote on different features we would like added. It is wonderful.

Cons

It takes some time to get used to it, it is a very robust program with a ton of features, so be prepared!

Kayla M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 10/06/2020

Service Fusion Has Made My Life Easier

Pros

First off the best customer support you can get. Its easy to use, SF is always looking for upgrades and making it more functional for their customers.

Cons

There's always things to improve, but its great that SF takes feedback and makes something out of it

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

Excellent customer service

This program is great to communicate with my Service Techs and now they know where they are going. Takes a lot off me, if I am on the phone or doing something else. Also there is no contract. I was told we will earn your business - and they totally have!

Pros

The software is easy to use and Service Fusion has excellent customer service if you get in a bind!

Cons

The only things negative is, that I did not get this program before!

Michelle V.

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

Easy to use, however clock in location from tech is not always accurate or it's non existent

Pros

It is easy to use and has many helpful features.
Great field app. Recent improvements were made regarding hours techs work.

Cons

When my techs clock in, the location i need to verify is not always accurate or sometimes doesn't show any location
One more con, when a tech no longer works for us i cannot delete their profile.

Dj P.

Reviewed on 02/10/2019

Good program

Pros

Ease of use and price. Also really like the scheduling and dispatching

Cons

No offline capability. Also would like to see an easy way to order parts used

Jeff V.

Reviewed on 27/02/2018

Service Fusion has changed the way we run our company!

Pros

The ability to see what is going on from anywhere in the world. Also, the ability to put notes, pictures and documents on each call slip is priceless!

Cons

I would like to see Estimate templates as well as a purchase order report. Nothing else at the moment.

Les D.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 18/09/2019

Great product!

We are beginning to see an improved experience in the office. And see that we will save many hours by using SF.

Pros

SF has a lot of features that we were looking for. Like generating Invoices. making quotes, product lists, and most of all a great team of support!

Cons

We did not manage very well with the time keeping method. Hopefully it can improve. But we reverted back to our old time program and it works well.

Jack C.

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

Service Fusion Review

Overall it has been positive. At this point, it is being used to build customer history for each visit. We're planning on adding the billing in January and using the estimate tool in the near future.

Pros

I like the search engine and organization of Service Fusion. It is easy to navigate.

Cons

The technicians' time report doesn't provide enough information on day to day activity to be useful. I wish we could link this to an excel spreadsheet to decrease the amount of time required to track time.

I would like to be able to print a monthly calendar.

Steve B.

Reviewed on 03/05/2015

Far and away the best software we found

All I can say is "wow!" It was not a close competition when we test-drove alternative field service software. Very fast, while most others were slow. Simple, intuitive, quickly-learned, reasonably priced, while the others were complex, cluttered with features that didn't apply to our business, expensive, and were graphically-impaired. All software we tried that was in some ways similar seemed under-developed, and not-ready-for-market. State-of-the-art when it comes to best practices on features. Productivity-improvers that you would have never thought of, like email message creation with templates and field fill-ins just one click away, so you can both call and email the customer at the same time to increase response. ALL our employees, both office and technicians love this software. And I've never worked with a software company so willing to listen to features I wanted, then implement them in a matter of short weeks. You're missing a bet if you don't give Service Fusion a look.

Jaime C.

Reviewed on 11/05/2016

Perfect fit for our electrical service company!

Service Fusion has excellent customer service and a fantastic product! We searched for the past 6 months and tried at least 5 different well-know products for the service industry and were left with nothing but frustration and disappointment! Most companies out there make you commit long term for a product you're not certain will work. With Service Fusion we pay month to month so they have to earn our business. I'm always able to reach help right away without having to wait for days. We like how we can customize this product at every turn. Aramis has the attitude of going the extra mile and staying until the job is complete and all questions answered. Service Fusion continues to exceed our expectations. From my experience, I'm sure it's due to the fact that they are constantly working on making the product better and treating the customer as a priority.