Insightly Reviews

About Insightly

Insightly is the modern, affordable CRM that teams love. It’s easy to use, simple to customize, and scales with companies as they grow, solving common pain points that legacy CRMs can't. Insightly helps teams build and convert...

3.9
3.8

Browse Insightly Reviews

Susan
Susan

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

A reliable and completely user-friendly tool with immense productivity.

Insightly CRM offers a wide range of services for our business to improve our customer services and have provided us with benefits to enhance our marketplace. It has allowed us to successfully engage our working relationships with the clients in a more reliable way. I have also been performing project management tasks with this tool.

Pros

Insightly CRM is itself a very reliable tool which allows the user to gain the most of the advantage with its easy to use features and efficient tools. We can also easily integrate it with other tools to improve the overall productivity. It's super responsive when dealing with the customers. We can easily maintain our sales cycles and ongoing customer service to provide extra care for the clients. The user-interface is also quite easy and manageable than other such tools.

Cons

Chrome extensions are bit of a clunky addition which further complicated the working procedure so mostly avoid it. The other tools integration is right on point but the social media integration misses few of the parts and continues to be a wastage of time for us. In the end, it proves to be much effected on our overall work and improves the efficiency of our work routine.

Response from Insightly

Hi Susan,

Thank you for the feedback. The Chrome Extension you're talking about is actually sunset. Try the new Add-On. :)

Replied 16/08/2019
Anne
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

Customizing Insightly

I think it is a great, affordable product. I'm disappointed in the Customer Care response (or lack thereof). The Customer Support team is great. They can troubleshoot and fix items. Customer Care is required if you are trying to better/best use the product. I think that group needs some work. Anyone customizing the product should be confident that Insightly knows how it will be used for user's business and that may mean more questions upfront, better understanding of a client's business.

Pros

That we could customize. We were able to make this software work for our needs, which were a bit different than how the typical sales team might. We can track our orders and do great reporting.
Dashboards are very nice feature. Ability to customize pipelines very helpful and visuals are great. Customer support team is helpful and responsive.

Cons

Integration with our needs was a bit difficult. Our sales person seemed to understand what we needed to accomplish but I don't think the customer care person is as savvy. Customization is great, but if it impacts how you can report items or get most accurate data, user needs to understand that. We got creative in how we used items and where possible, didn't customize, just repurposed so we got the benefit of the connections Insightly makes. In our haste to be up and using, I don't think enough time was spent on that and rework was involved.

Reasons for Choosing Insightly

Did not like the web version as much as the local and the local had to sync properly. It's better to be in the web and Insightly affords that ease. People were challenged by using Act in some cases and I think just soured on it so sometimes it's best to start fresh.

Act!

functionality, customization and cost
Matthew

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

Insightly highs and lows

Pros

It is relatively intuitive easy to customise, easy to align to specific business needs.

Cons

Effective linkage of the databases that sit behind the product. If i log an activity for a against a contact that is part of an organisation, that activity will not be visible under the organisation. This is a big miss. There needs to be total linkage between all databases that sit within the system. There should be a hierarchy from Organisation to Contact to Project to Opportunity etc etc. This causes significant issues when trying to track client experience.

Reporting
No reports are drillable - they are simply static reports limiting their use. I constantly find myself needing to export a report to Excel so I can build a pivot table to effectively use it.

User interface
The user interface is very old fashioned and clunky. This is not just a statement about look and feel. When i create a report i get a list of objects with certain data that changes on a regular basis. So I need to select the item from within the report and change the value. But I cant do this quickly from within the report. I need to click on the item which then loads a separate page for the record. Then I need to click into that record which show all of the fields for the entire record. Then I need to click on the field in question, change it and then save it. I then need to close that page down and go back to the report page and refresh the page before this change is visible. This is a terrible UI and UX for a modern product today that is now significantly behind the the currently expected standard.

Top Insightly Alternatives

Tarek
Tarek

Reviewed on 10/10/2021

Insightly : a good option to start with cloud based CRMs for Small businesses

Insightly helps entrepreneurs and small businesses like most of our clients to get to the digital space and excel in no time. As a Technology expert, I highly recommend it to entrepreneurs beginning with tech and online platforms for their business.

Pros

Insightly Helps small and mid business manage their leads and projects online, through a fully fledged cloud based tool that provides an abundance of smart features, including customer insights from internet sources, and structured project/opportunity management platform.

Cons

It is probably requiring some advanced knowledge from our end, but integrating Insightly with e-mail services, social media and other 3rd parties seemed to be complex. We've been using Insightly in its early times, and I'm sure that things went better afterwards with the continuous improvements by Insightly amazing teams.

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

In its first launch, Insightly shown more functions for small businesses that attracted me, especially for individuals with no previous experience of online software CRMs. Nevertheless, each of the other competitors on the market has its competitive advantage, and addresses the needs of a particular niche. Each consumer needs to know first what features make sense to their business before choosing a CRM.
Joshua
Joshua
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 25/12/2019

Brings all record-keeping together

We have only been using Insightly for a couple of weeks, but overall I've liked it a lot. Prior to using Insightly, we were manually note-taking in Word documents for each client. Each time that a lead was converted, we then had to go and update everything. Now that we are able to integrate all of our notes, contacts, emails, etc. into one system, the workload has drastically lightened.

Pros

The thing that I like most about Insightly is that it allows me to document everything from start to finish with each customer. For example, if I send an email to a lead/customer, all I have to do is add that as an attachment in Insightly and I can go back at any time and see anything that was linked with that particular person. This helps track progress when passing off to other team members, too. In a sense, Insightly brings all of the "record-keeping" together and puts in one simple platform.

Cons

The project management function is pretty basic. Unlike a couple other CRM software that I've tested, Insightly does not offer many of the graphical views that the others do. Being someone who has an easier time seeing data in the visual realm, this was a feature that I wished Insightly would add.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

Salesforce was not transparent in their pricing. Also, my colleague told me that she heard Salesforce is difficult to set up.

Response from Insightly

Hi Joshua! Thanks so much for your kind words. We work hard to make Insightly a preferred CRM for businesses like yours, and are thrilled you're making the most out of our platform. Thank you for being our valued customer. We look forward to helping you and your team reach new heights!

Replied 30/12/2019
Nezar
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Effective and Affordable

Overall for small or medium size sales organizations, this is a great vehicle to ensure all opportunities are documented and tracked. Scheduling follow up ensures that communication errors are mitigated and the email templates support marketing initiatives.

Pros

The software offers many free features that others charge. It is excellent for a small business on an operational budget but can easily enhance when necessary. Automated marketing email templates are effective and easy to use. The system also integrates well with other marketing products. The dashboard gives a snapshot of your sales opportunities and the user can customize.

Cons

Documenting phone call attempts and connects take too many steps. The Task portion is a bit complicated and again requires too many steps.

Pipedrive, Nimble and Bitrix24

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

More enhanced features are included without additional costs.

Response from Insightly

Hi Nezar,
Thank you for the feedback!!!

Replied 16/08/2019
Kati
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 24/08/2023

A modern and easy to use CRM that will save you time and budget

We overall have been able to make many more sales because of the easy management of our opportunities. The system does a lot of work for us which gives us more time to sell and also makes sure we are providing professional service.

Pros

The product is extremely easy to use and customize. The system is very smart and has many modern capabilities such as recognizing when there is an existing contact which in turn saves time and redundancies. Everything is very well connected together and the system makes links that show intel to grow off of.

Cons

There are some minor glitches that can be fixed by refreshing the page but it does disrupt the flow. Pulling a report that connects multiple objects is also very tricky and sometimes impossible which then calls for a lot of manual work outside of the CRM that can be timely.

Apptivo and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

Insightly was way more modern and customizable.

Reviewed on 27/06/2022

Scalable CRM platform for businesses of all sizes

Insightly has been a beneficial addition to our sales and marketing efforts allowing us to easily store our contacts, leads, and projects in one platform.

Pros

I really like how Insightly can be customized and scaled to fit the needs of the business. We are a mid size company and other CRMs were too robust and complicated. Insightly is just right.

Cons

I think it is kind of expensive per user. I would like to see a lower monthly cost per user.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

Insightly was the right sized product for us and our needs. Salesforce was too expensive and had to many features we didn't need.
Iain
Iain

Reviewed on 05/10/2016

Long time user verging toward long-suffering user

This is a product I wanted to like so much. We have been using Insightly for many years. We were attracted to it because it combined CRM and Project Management. Over the years they have improved the CRM aspect, but have left PM virtually untouched. Their support is haphazard and they often introduce new *features* which cause problems - like the day Google Contact Sync stopped working, or the day Google Contact Sync started duplicating contacts in Google etc. Because we signed up so long ago, we have an excellent pricing model. If we were paying more I would be really dissatisfied.

Oh and they are just appalling at sharing their product roadmap. It's like driving a manual shift car as the mechanic is fitting new gears as you speed up.

Pros

Great CRM and Pipeline Management out the box!
Contact Syncing for Google is great - despite minor issues.
Good simple project lists.
Links nicely to Mailchimp and Xero.

Cons

Very very poor project management. You will need to use other packages for almost anything. No resource management. No Gantt charts. No visibility.

Email integration is rudimentary. Task integration is non-existent.

No Office 365 contact synchronisation.

Response from Insightly

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this on to our product team because all feedback helps us improve. With regards to exposing our product road map -- it's common that privately held companies do not make their product road map public. If you have specific questions on features please send an email to [email protected] and we can let you know if they are on the roadmap. Thanks.

Replied 09/10/2016
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Frustrating to get started

Overall, I don't think Insightly is the right tool for me due to it's complex setup which I think can improve if there a bit more videos in their help-section. The walkthrus for basic setup are good, but I'd love to see more videos or improvements in workflow automation. I only trialed the software so I can't speak on it as if I were an expert, but I think Insightly has some benefits but just not the right tool for me.

Pros

I was looking for a G-Suite CRM and stumbled upon Insightly. I decided to give it a go and try out the free trial upon reading a few reviews. The main area I was interested in and found to be good was Insightlys e-mail tracking. I sent a test e-mail to both Gmail and Yahoo e-mails and found the tracking to be accurate. I can see how Insightly would be a value add for monitoring sent e-mails, and then creating an automation workflow to auto-add any leads who reply to a pipeline, but I wasn't able to figure out a workflow for it. I do believe it's possible however to not only add to a pipeline but even export the contacts who replied and save to perhaps something like Mailchimp for another customer-journey.

Cons

My first thought was that it looked really in terms of the feature set but I was a bit overwhelmed with the setup and it took me about 2 times to connect to GSuite although, it could have been a bug on my end rather than theirs. After connecting my GSuite account, I started to play around right away, setting up the leads section as I plan to use Insightly for Sales Tracking and lead scoring. I found the UX/UI a bit sluggish, and creating pipelines with custom attributes a bit cumbersome. I was hoping for a rich data-enrichment where all Company/People info would be filled out, but that aspect wasn't there.

Jonathan
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

8- year customer still finding ways insightly can improve our efficencies

Insightly has replaced our Outlook contact lists entirely. It also manages and tracks our teams progress on projects, events, and programs much better than using spreadsheets or other options we looked at.

Pros

CRM and contact management is fantastic. Our entire team has the mobile app and we can update info on the fly and everyone gets it at the same time. We use the Project Management tool daily to track and organize our work in a variety of areas. Pipelines ensure we don't miss any steps in our standardized processes.

Cons

The learning curve was steeper than we expected. With customer support's help (which has been very good) we are now in a place where the software is saving us time and continually making our work more efficient.

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

The seamless integration of the CRM part of the tool with with tracking our work in other areas such as projects, events, programs, workshops, etc.. in the project management part of the tool.
Michelle
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 11/10/2022

Allows us to grow into our needs

Great! It suits our needs perfectly.

Pros

It can be used in simple form or allows us to enable more features as our needs grow.

Cons

There are certain limitations with customizability, but Insightly often addresses these and rolls out features updates.

Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Insightly

Cardscan was outdated and no longer able to flex to our needs

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

Since we don't use a traditional sales pipeline, insightly's system allowed us to either utilize or not utilize certain features. All other systems continued to push us into a traditional sales pipeline process.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 17/03/2023

Insightly is sales incite.

Very positive and strongly recommend to other users.

Pros

The self-served ability to customize our pipeline by service offering.

Cons

Service after the sale to help us understand the other suite of services that we are not using well or at all.

Reviewed on 11/05/2018

A necessary tool to run my business. No more searching for client information.

Ease of Marketing and Sales process. Total contact management software that include picture of person. What a plus. Great training videos to guide all level of users. Wonderful opportunity to scale the software as the company grows from startup to height unknown. Pricing is fair and Insightly is not living on past accomplishments it is improving product continuously.

Pros

They offer a free version to evaluate. Since it is without a time limit I used it and gradually became totally dependent on it. During a planning meeting with staff it was determined we could increase our efficiency by adding the professional version that includes email marketing tools and an easy interface with MailChimp. Now they have my paid business. It is with confidence that I agree to pay them for a monthly service that will be used by all members of my company. The program can accommodate the growth curve in a company such as mine. We started out simply needing contact management software. Later as our sales and marketing needs became more our focus adding these features was an easy decision. There are many videos to quickly bring a new user up to speed. The experienced user can use the videos to explore the many functions that may yet be used by a company as needs and goals change. The reporting function has recently become important as we need to know the results of our marketing and sales efforts. The tool is there and ready for us to implement. I think the more our company commits to using Insightly the more our communication between owners and employees improves. We openly share information on Insightly and our feedback has been positive. In the past before Insightly, communication was dispersed informally and sometimes led to bad feelings due to the inefficiency of word of mouth. Insightly is constantly making changes and updates to its software.

Cons

Its not visually pretty. I know that is silly but staff has to look at it all day and they like pretty.
When a new user/employee first looks at program they make the mistake of thinking it is an old program. While I am able to bring them along and show them it isn't true, their first impression is a temporary detriment to their learning curve and acceptance of the program. In order for Insightly to be the awesome tool it is, requires employee and leader acceptance. Everyone on the team has input and others depend on that input to do their job. Sloppy work seems to come from lack of acceptance. Part of this is my responsibility as a leader to insist everyone use the tools as intended but again, if the program had a new interface and pretty colors it might make a difference. Personally I always choose function first and then presentation but input from staff is a factor I have to consider. One other area I would mention is the difference between leads and contacts. They are not intuitive to some people and I think a better explanation and reinforcement in training videos would make it easier for the new user. This confusion has lead to some mistakes by my users that require a bit of corrective action by more experienced users. There is very little for me to find wrong with Insightly that isn't based on personal style and preferences.

Elysha
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 12/06/2017

Nothing but trouble since March revisions

Pros

Easy to find videos on how to update/organize general sections. Everything is pretty self-explanatory so heavy training was not needed when I first joined the company using this CRM.

Cons

Slow and very unhelpful customer service. Extremely poor functionality, navigation, and organization. Many bugs.... Then a severe lack of help in fixing said bugs. There is no number to call, and if you need help you can only speak with a general customer support member by scheduling a call, and only after expressing dissatisfaction, you are never put in touch with the technical team. I don't have the time nor willingness to become Insightly's tester by constantly reporting new issues, which then are either slowly to never resolved. There have been so many issues since the March updates, our website and other tools don't function properly because fields were renamed. Renaming and deleting tags rarely works, or you have to do so a few times in order for it to stick. Writing notes or emails - you can't bold, italic, or cross out text nor backspace/delete normal (screenshots already provided). My manual labor has increased ridiculously, and frustrations rise every time a new bug is found since the old ones are still an issue. It's hard to create proper reports since contacts/opportunities are separate items. There is no one to call to walk you through something if needed. I understand the price is lower, but I don't feel my company gets what it pays for anymore thanks to all these issues. I'm an extremely frustrated user... who is losing customers and gaining a lot of work and headaches thanks to this CRM.

Rion

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

Awful Customer Service Responses

I'm going to start this out by saying that I am the CMO for a SaaS company; one that builds a retail CRM. I am imminently qualified to speak on this particular subject. I did not subscribe to Insightly in the interest of that company (another I own), but I am more acutely aware of the challenges that these companies face, than most. Because of that, I'm also more likely to be more forgiving, in the event of a bug.

That said, this may be one of the worst customer experiences that I've had in years.

We faced a problem with spam coming in through Insightly's web form (as implemented on our Word Press website). Now, spam is not Insightly's problem, yet they build a tool designed for the collection of customer data, so it's a problem they're bound to have some experiences with.

Per the company documentation instructions, we set up Google's reCaptcha (as is part of our best practices for building any new site) for controlling the problem. It didn't seem to be working, though.

After further investigation by both our internal front an back end developers, we discovered that Insightly was not sending our token to Google for approval. When confronted with this information, multiple Insightly staff parroted back to me that it essentially wasn't their problem.

When we pointed our customer service rep, Dan, to the insight.ly article which said at the bottom that you can add reCAPTCHA to a page to stop spam submissions, and he looked at that and said, "Well... We never PROMISED it would work."

Seriously?

When I asked to have their engineers speak to my developers to attempt to figure out what was going on here, we more or less got more of the same, from several different customer service reps.

When sent proof of the mistake, we were again told that it was not Insightly's problem. We weren't asking for much. Developers make mistakes. It's okay. It happens. It was the absolute refusal to deal with a verified issue with their system that really left a bad taste in our mouths.

As of today, we are still waiting for a response. Am giving it 24 more hours and we'll be taking our business elsewhere.

Pros

Easy enough to use for small business owners, if you can see your way out of getting tons of unsolicited spam.

Cons

Responsive customer service that doesn't seem well informed to deal with anything beyond the most basic of questions.

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Easy to implement and it's very affordable

Keeps thing organized, the price is right.

Pros

We've been using it for 5 years. Small Retail online/brick mortar for customer follow up. 3 users, it makes it easy to follow and get updates about tasks. the gadget that interfaces with gmail is convenient.

Cons

My staff that are in their 20's say the new UI is confusing and harder to use, so we stay with the older UI.
The side bar chrome extension was suppose to make things easy but after trying it for a month my staff avoids it.

Customer service is mediocre , they only wanted to help if I were going to upgrade to a higher level. I wanted to fist resolve over 700 contact dups. They said I had to do it manually!

Emailing - Bcc'ing insightly each time I send an email seems so old style. When I get a rely the email does not go into the same thread, seems to me that is standard now a days.
I've been using it so long I know what it's missing so we take extra notes or have links from the email in the notes so other staff can see or find the thread.

Reviewed on 10/06/2018

CRM software that promises ease of use, but just can't seem to deliver

Insightly's CRM software has been essential for our sales reporting and tracking requirements.

Pros

The dashboard interface is convenient and graphically easy to navigate, and it is an attractive interface. Some of the sections are simple and understandable by anyone first using the software.

Cons

It is difficult to generate reports unless those reports have been pre-configured. To generate a new report requires a substantial amount of input in fields which are not easy to understand. Though the dashboard is easy to understand and navigate, many of the other opening pages are not. And it offers some very confusing pop-ups, such as in "Projects" it asks you to "Check out the Kanban view for projects" without explanation of what exactly the "Kanban" is. Additionally, if you enter a sales lead, it is very difficult to convert it to an "opportunity." Also, when you create a new contact and associate it with an existing company or account, you wold expect it to give you the option of importing the account's address and phone numbers to the new contact's fields -- but it doesn't, and you have to enter those again. Finally, I do wish there were more "help" menus (question marks) surrounding some of the entry fields that you could click for an instant explanation or guide.

Walter
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

my review

coordination of our efforts. we have raised our planning horizon to 2 or 3 weeks out. We do a significant amount of USPS mailings through the year, approx 15,000 letters. Insightly has ignored the problem and has left it up to us to plod our way through a process they could drastically reduce.

Pros

Connectivity of all its functions. Speed of accessing data

Cons

Too many pebbles in the shoe! They move on with the sizzle, but ignore the steak.

Reviewed on 08/10/2016

Great Potential, Lack of Foresight

In general, the product is easy to learn and use. It has the potential to be great with just a few changes, but the programmers don't see the possibilities.

Pros

Great cost. Fairly powerful CRM system and reasonably intuitive to use.

Cons

Whenever you push events from your Google calendar to Insightly, the Insightly calendar makes it private with no display of time, so nobody else can see it. It just disappears for everyone else. Likewise, any event you put on Insightly marked private doesn't show on the calendar as busy. It just disappears for everyone else. So, this bug makes the calendar essentially useless for showing team member availability and for scheduling. It also prevents other scheduling app integrations from functioning properly.

Tasks are simply Events that don't have a start and end time. Events should act just like Tasks and be reported the same way. A simple solution is to scrap Events altogether and simply take the code used to create beginning and ending times on Events and apply that to Tasks as an option. The Task reports and all its functionality are great. Events is a little better, but generally poor. It's not needed if the features of Events are simply added to Tasks. This would make managing tasks and events in projects incredibly easy and much better than now. Right now, you have to use another program to manage simple workflows because this is so inadequate and inflexible. To fix this and make it far better only requires a couple of simple tweaks.

Project management is not great.

They haven't figured out the advantages of drag and drop.

Tim
Tim

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

Insightly was my runner up when picking a CRM. The automation looked awesome.

What I wanted to do would be more work in Insightly, but for a lot of businesses, this one is it.

Pros

Insightly is a great contender in the small business CRM market. I had looked at many others (there are a TON of CRM out there), basing my criteria on integration with accounting software, ease of managing client information, and ease of managing client projects. Unfortunately, none of the CRM I looked at has strong integration into the accounting software that I ultimately went with. Insightly seems to have some great automation to help out with managing projects, but where it got beat out was the managing of client information. Since a lot of my business is conducted through social media, another software beat it in ease of integration with those applications.

Cons

As with some of my other reviews, I don't find much not to like with Insightly. It does what it does very well, it just isn't as integrated into social media as some of it's competitors. If I were doing less prospecting and research on clients- such as if I had a business where people were coming to me to get something made or repaired, then Insightly would be the winner. As it is, I spend most of my day finding prospects to put in the pipeline, and that would be more work with this product.

Jackie
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

InSightly for Non-Profit Use

Pros

Easy user interface
The InSightly University provides lots of quick, well made instructional videos
Free for a limited number of users
Great for tracking grants, related documents, & timelines

Cons

If you have over a certain number of records the platform begins to charge a fee - this would be fine if there was an easy way to delete "records". For example, if I'm working on a grant that is finite and generates 200 "records" -- if I only desire to keep the final project and do not need the records generated along the way; I have to go in and delete each one. As a non-profit with a relatively small budget, this is a great tool, but is too time-consuming to go back and individually delete. Right now, we are a small growing non-profit. I would pay for this service eventually but cannot do so at this time. So freeware platforms will end up with my business now where InSightly delivers on quality - affordability isn't there.

Eliot

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

Good CRM for small business. Easy to use - Easy to import lists

Pros

I've using Insightly for years. It is a very easy process to import prospect lists. Since I am the main user in my organization I've been able to use the basic functionality without needing the reporting and audit capabilities.

Easy to cc outgoing mails to the prospect listing.

Simplicity is the biggest benefit for Insightly. Anyone can import without needing IT support. Search function is incredibly simple. Setting follow up is a click and done.

Cons

If I don't set up a next step or follow up for a prospect, it is easy to lose track of the prospect forever.

I don't use the formal opportunity function as I found it easier to keep track of progress by setting unique follow up listings.

Katy
Katy
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 09/12/2014

Insightly - great offering

I've been trialling Insightly and Solve360.

I really like Insightly but there are some limitations versus Solve which are making me think twice. I can only customize 25 fields in contacts when I need more - SOLVE has unlimited custom fields. The other great thing with Solve is that you can give a contact a tag and apply only some custom fields to that particular category which is great for what I need. Another advantage Solve seems to have over Insightly is that you can share a "project blog" in Solve with an external person such as a client. That's fantastic when you want to be able to show your client how far along a project you are. Instant access. You can also operate all your gmail from directly inside Solve - total integration. That said, Insightly looks better to my eye and has unlimited storage. I think if you could get up to speed with SOLVE on the other items, you'd be at the front of the pack and I would be IN for sure.

Pros

Unlimited storage
Intuitive
Great gmail gadget

Cons

Falls short of full webmail integration
Only 25 custom fields - too few for my liking and no ability to have subsets of custom fields
No ability to share a project with a client

Response from Insightly

Hi --

Thanks for the feedback. I just have a couple questions. What is your use case that requires more than 25 custom fields? I ask just because for most of our customers 25 custom fields is plenty.

Also I don't quite understand what this means 'contact a tag and apply only some custom fields to that particular category which is great for what I need.' I'm not sure if you are applying a tag at the contact level or the field level.

At this time, we don't have the ability to share a project to your customers via a portal.

With regards to manipulating your gMail, did you check out the Insightly gadget which works with Google Apps gMail?

If you would like to discuss further or would like additional clarification, please feel free to email [email protected].

Thanks

Replied 09/12/2014

Reviewed on 08/03/2023

Great CRM! Keep track of your contacts, leads, opportunities, and sold projects!

I use to be our lead intake manager and now I work in sales. I think that my overall experience with Insightly is great! A little hard to set it up but once you have everything in line it works just as it should!

Pros

All in one data base for all information regarding clients, sales, operations, marketing, etc.

Cons

It's a little bland and it's semi difficult to set up to work well for you. Once you've got everything dialed in though it works like a charm!