RealPage Reviews

About RealPage

RealPage is a cloud-based property management solution suitable for businesses of any size. Key features include accounting, budgeting, facilities maintenance, purchasing, document management and reporting. RealPage enables...

3.8
4.2
3.7

Browse RealPage Reviews

Leslie
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Love Onesite!

If you are looking for a great software for conventional or affordable, Onesite is the way to go! Highly recommend this software. I have used it for almost 10 years and couldn't be happier

Pros

Pros for Onesite are ease of use, ease of correction if an error is made on certifications, ledger and resident information. It is very user friendly for someone who does not have computer experience.

Cons

If you do not set it up correctly, then there are tweaks that have to be made and their customer support will help resolve those issues.

connie

Reviewed on 22/05/2017

Love the software, customer service and solution solving made us change

Use Rent Roll when it was DOS based, fought my company for 10 years! to get the software, due to continued issues had to change to new software after 5 years and take the entire company through new software set up and training!

Pros

Easy to use/easy to learn and good software. Long term Rent Roll DOS based user, did not want any other software and fought hard to convince my company and property owners Onesite was the way to go.....

Cons

Many many issues, hidden add on costs not explained thoroughly at time of purchase, new sales reps, new reps for each module at a minimum every quarter. Issues resolved with prior reps not communicated and had to start over. on one item resolved a minimum of 10 times ALL with new reps.

Reviewed on 09/03/2022

The only thing they are good at is Selling you...

I feel like I hitched my wagon to a 2 legged-mule. The sales team has no ethics. We were flat lied to. We were told training was FREE only to find out we had to pay $150 an hour for training that turned out to be factually incorrect (thus, all the corrections we had to make, as mentioned above).

For a software package that has an accounting function built in, it is in no way intuitive as to how to pull data (i.e. Balance Sheet and Income Statement). Customer service is like leaving a baby in the woods. I will say they do get back to you, but with very little helpful advice on how to fix things. These people care about one thing, and it sure as hell isn't having a satisfied customer. They represent everything that is wrong in business, that lack ethics, they lack character, and they should be absolutely ashamed of what they do and how they do it.

Pros

Honestly, I am so tainted by all the negatives, it's really difficult to try to come up with something positive. With a gun to my head, I'd have to say I'm nearly always able to log in (sometimes that's not the case though)

Cons

The rollout was absolutely pathetic. They migrated all of our accounting data over in the middle of the month, which created a cascade of accounting errors which had to be fixed manually. The rollout team was pleasant, but inadequately trained. They gave us advice which was 100% backwards, which we then had to undo, then redo the correct way.

The reports are a joke. The search function is a joke. The training is about useless. "Oh, you have a question? Cool, well did you watch this 27 minute 'training' video which talks about 313 useless things before it gets to the topic you needed?"

AppFolio Property Manager and Buildium

Reasons for Choosing RealPage

We were promised a lot of features and functionality that would solve many of the problems we were experiencing with our current software.

Reasons for Switching to RealPage

We felt it was a better fit based on what they told us.

Top RealPage Alternatives

Reviewed on 17/08/2022

User ....

The Cost / Benefit equation has worked out well.

Pros

Functionality of Dashboard is good once it's property set up.

Cons

Platform is clunky and not particularly intuitive for the casual user.

Christopher

Reviewed on 30/05/2017

Intuitive, user friendly & an all in one system for just about all of your PM needs.

Best PM software I have used in my 10+ years in this industry.

Pros

User friendly, intuitive, easy to navigate. All in one system for lead management, payment processing, lease generation, letter and notice generation, customizable to your needs.

Cons

Tends to be a bit slow at times, This may not be a system issue and rather a server issue. would be great if the labels could be customized to each individual PMC's needs. Eg. The resident tab could be changed to Neighbor tab to fit our company lingo.

Reviewed on 05/03/2024

Annual Renewal

The price has increased so much over the past two years without much changes in the programs capabilities on the commercial side or reporting side. I am not happy with the increases as they seem excessive.

Pros

Setting up leases are pretty easy but putting in renewals/terminations etc are difficult

Cons

The first 2 years they locked your increases in at 3%. The third year I received notice that they were increasing the cost by 5% or CPI whichever was greater. Again this year I was notified of a 5% or CPI increase whichever is greater. Majority of my Common Area Maintenance charges are capped at 3% so we are losing 2% annually that I cannot pass on to my tenants. Make sure that you insist they put a cap on their increases prior to signing the contract.

Onesite Review

Pros

The Onesite tutorials made it easy to find answers to overlooked issues. The ease of software made it simple for training new employees adapting to a new system.

Cons

Initially, there were triggers that would slow down the process for move-ins/move-outs. Accounting department had to wait for Leasing to close moved out files. This was a perfect storm at the beginning of the month, with all sorts of new move-ins for the Leasing staff to balance.

Melissa

Reviewed on 30/05/2017

New OneSite User

Overall I am very happy with my OneSite experience. It was very easy to learn and navigate.

Pros

After using Yardi for more than a decade, I was nervous to learn a new program. OneSite has been a breeze! My absolute favorite feature is the ability to customize my 'Today' page. As my role in the company has changed, so has my need for at-a-glance information.

Cons

Rent posting is a little slower than with other software I've used. I get slowed down having to enter each apartment number. Having all current residents pull up numerically, by apartment number, is easier to enter everything quickly.

Shannon

Reviewed on 23/05/2017

Used Onesite in the past and found it to be very user friendly!

I've used many types of software applications and this has to be one of the most user friendly applications!

Pros

I liked the automatic data backup, smart search and customizable reports. This all helped to enhance the customer service experience for tenants and landlords.

Cons

It was slow when saving data but I think that was more of an Internet connection issue. Other than that, there were no other issues.

Reviewed on 13/04/2022

Authentication issues. Use of "Cookies" under web browser

The support staff didn't seem to care about "other" vendors and the impact on my company.

Pros

Low Income Housing, leasing, HUD intergations

Cons

They claim to support the Chrome browser. What they don't tell you is you can't use the same browser with any other software/vendor that store information in the "cookie" file. This effectifly forces you to dedicate a single "browser" for their software.

Brianna

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Absolute Worst Software

There are lots of other great software platforms that WORK and less expensive. Avoid this one!

Pros

The day I pulled the plug on this piece. The day I pulled the plug on this piece, was the best thing about it.

Cons

Worst software platform ever! After months and months of software glitches, support kept sending it back to development for fixes. Was never able to fully implement the over priced software into our portfolio. The real kicker was Realpage wanting to set us up with specialized support and charge us for it. After a year of non-functional product, we pulled the plug! Learned from employees of what really goes on behind the scenes, and was shocked. I would never recommend this software to anyone. Run and Don't Look Back. You'll have less headaches and your budget will benefit.

Ginny

Reviewed on 01/06/2017

Great software that is very user friendly!

Overall, the best feature of the software is the simplicity of accessing different modules and being able to easily navigate through the system without any issues.

Pros

- Easy to navigate
- Budget formulation is direct and concise
- Bank reconciliation process is straight forward
- System features updated periodically

Cons

- Needs improvement on report functionality options
- Customer Service was not the most helpful
- I do not like how the Leasing and Accounting roles are on two different platforms

Anne

Reviewed on 06/09/2017

Streamline property management solution

Pros

Easy to use, seamless transitions between leases, work orders, owner information, etc., excellent reporting features that can be tailored or customized depending on our need. Available on any device so we're able to pull information on the go.

Cons

The mobile apps have been slower to sync with the desktop which do not always correspond with real time information if we're trying to pass it along between offices.

Tiffany
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 19/05/2017

My favorite over other options

Overall, one of my favorite software available. A little costly for customization of reports that I think should be standard.

Pros

Reporting was convenient (though sometimes a little slow) and I loved the , recurring work order feature. I also felt interfacing with certain data services was very good.

Cons

Purchasing control and make ready scheduling doesn't interface ( or interface well) with service providers or suppliers.

Theresa
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 27/03/2021

Very poor Vendor Support

Get compliance completed for properties we are a vendor for. Customer support is PAINFUL.

Pros

Easy to see status of companies that you support as a vendor.

Cons

We use Real Page Vendor Credentialing. They claim Credential Key makes it easier to be compliant, which is not true. It is impossible to get anyone on the phone, and if you do they do not resolve the issues to closure. Different people will give you different answers. Your web site will not allow submission of docs if they are over a certain size, which is impossible in lengthy insurance docs. You send emails and they get "lost" until you call and have someone search for a specific email you sent.
Customer support is PAINFUL

Matthew

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Leasing Agent review of Real Page

I have worked with RealPage for over two years now and have always been pleased with it. It was easy to learn and have not had any issues with it.

Pros

I really enjoy using the asset optimization feature of the software. It allows us to accurately track our rent prices and compare them to the market. It is very easy to use and always pulls up very fast when I am working with a client.

Cons

One thing I do not like about the software is that it should show the lowest price as the earliest date available as opposed to immediately. It may be a setting error on our end, but it lists the cheapest price as today, even thought the earliest a person can rent and move in to a unit is 3 days in the future. It is a marketing hurdle more than anything else, because the client wants the cheapest rate, but it is not possible.

Laura

Reviewed on 09/06/2017

Overall great

Pros

Easy to use, pretty self explanatory, appreciate being able to move payments easily and having the ability to track the changes

Cons

Don't like the exporting reports functionality to excel. Unless it's exported as csv, you have a horrible format you have to deal with in excel... And I'm convinced the csv and excel reports do not match 100%

Ashley

Very easy software!!

Pros

I have used other software in the past, and no others are as easy to use and train with as this system. Very simple even for those that are not that tech savy!

Cons

Sometimes the system gets too slow, freezes up, and then you lose all of the data that you just input.

Amy

Reviewed on 01/06/2017

I love working on OneSite, it is the best tool out there!

Pros

I love that there are many ways to complete any single task. This makes OneSite easy to teach and learn.

Cons

I wish upper management was more informed on the different functions available. When OneSite is not used to its full capability teams are lacking great tools.

Jacqueline

Reviewed on 26/05/2017

I used Onesite at multiple property management firms and was easy to use

Pros

Can create custom letters; find past, current or future residents easily; reports were easy to read and understand

Cons

you can't use the system for creating purchase orders or tracking renters insurance policies. It is a simple platform that serve most needs

Drew

Reviewed on 02/06/2017

Onesite works pretty well

Pros

Onesite works pretty well. It was a one stop shop for a lot of the tasks we worked in my student living job, and did a good job keeping it all organized. Definitely, has a lot of intriguing features

Cons

It can get easy to be bogged down by the minutiae of the site since there is honestly a lot going on. If your housing staff does a bad job keeping it organized, it can be a pretty frustrating system

Johnathan

Overall I've had a great experience with Onesite

Pros

One of the pros, in regards to One site, is how easy it is to navigate. Getting from one task to another is seamless

Cons

One of the cons, in regards to One site, is the response time for support could be a little bit quicker.

Amanda

Reviewed on 26/05/2017

Previously used OneSite as our property management software and had no complaints with the...

A great resource for multifamily property managers looking for a data servicing site.

Pros

Really liked the ease of allowing residents to switch from one room to another (bulk roommate shuffle). I liked the ease of the account ledger visibility/delinquency reports.

Cons

Would like to see a different roommate matching tool. This would be beneficial for student housing property managers.

Ashley

Amazing Experience!

I love onesite!

Pros

The product is very User friendly, and very efficient software. I will recommend. If you have any technical issues the support team is amazing, as well.

Laura

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

OneSite is one of the better systems out there

Pros

It has a lot of great features and details that can be recorded and easily found for units and residents. Also nice to have many of the daily tasks in one system versus using multiple softwares.also customizable which was important for us!

Cons

It is pricey so a definite investment. Also there is a learning curve but once you know it, it is great! A small note -My boss thought the font was too small.