Contractor Foreman Reviews

Visit Website

About Contractor Foreman

NOW: Starting @ $49/m for the WHOLE company, Contractor Foreman is the most affordable all-in-one solution for small and medium trade and general contractors who want a better way to manage their projects. *FREE Trial + 100 Day...

4.2

Browse Contractor Foreman Reviews

Hannah
Hannah

Reviewed on 05/04/2023

Very Good Software for Small Businesses

Combines all work completed on one site.

Pros

One location for Project Management, Invoicing, Tracking, Time Tracking (Clocking In/Out)

Cons

For me, I overall need a program that will let me Import a PO. Not from an Estimate, but an Import field. When I have 200 plus line items..it's easier to be able to import than manual entry of all items. Secondly, it'd be nice for the PO to update on qty's as I receive against the PO without having to rely on my employees in the field to enter all information into a Daily Log to show qty delivered.

Neil
Neil

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Always Improving!

Contractor Foreman is well worth the investment. I like the constant improvements that the developers are always working on. Customer service is very responsive. I have made multiple suggestions to development and have always received a response whether it be for more info or sometimes, what their plan is to implement my suggestion.

Pros

Contractor Foreman is very customizable. I like that the user can has to do a minimal amount of setup in order to start using the software.

Cons

This is very basic software. Reporting is somewhat lacking but the user has the ability to create custom reports with available data.

Buildertrend and UDA ConstructionSuite

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

As we had not been using any software, I thought Contractor Foreman would be a good first step to introduce users to project management software.
Jessica
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 18/04/2024

"Lots to learn -- 100% worth it"

Pros

CF is an incredible powerful tool for our buisness, it has everything we could need and more. Expceptional value for price. Even when we encountered a small feature that was missing that would be helpful to us, they assigned a project manager to help understand the need exactly and are working towards implimenting. Great company, highly recommend!

Cons

Steep learning curve -- but there are many tools to help with training. It's just time consuming.

Top Contractor Foreman Alternatives

ProBuilder Online

Service Fusion

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Larry

Reviewed on 23/03/2022

Dissapointed

Frustrated. Recently returned from out of the country to find an aggressively toned email from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] stating they had an error on their side of the business and were not collecting fees associated with the WePay portion of the software. They demanded we pay $800+ dollars that day or they would suspend my account. They also attempted to charge an on file credit card without permission, but it was expired. They claimed to have send several emails but only on was sent and then the notice to suspend.

Pros

Th pricing is somewhat reasonable and there is an ability to offer a portal to customers.

Cons

Lots of bugs. When forwarding the bugs or errors the team responds quickly but they assume everything is an operator error. One you convince them it is actually the program, them never follow up.

JobNimbus

Pricing

Response from Contractor Foreman

Hi Larry. We appreciate you being a long-time customer and it is unfortunate to see the negative review. So that others know what happened, Larry uses the WePay integration and he pays a 2.9% transaction fee for credit card transactions. There were some large transactions that did not have the fee paid by Larry and we let him know that the transaction fee would have to be paid. Sent sent several notices but we did not receive a response from him until the account was suspended. It's unfortunate to see that he rated us so poorly considering how active he is and that he has upgraded to a larger plan as it doesn't accurately reflect the positive comments he has made to our team.

Replied 01/04/2022
Charlie

Reviewed on 20/02/2024

Contractor Formin

Excellent. It has been a good decision thus far.

Pros

Easy of use is for sure my fav. Im not a computer savvy person and it has still been very easy

Cons

The mobile app isnt as friendly but I do have limited use and I may like it more later.

Procore

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Price was the main factor. Both seemed good but this was 30,000 cheaper per year
Tim
Tim

Reviewed on 02/03/2024

Great program

I have a great experience with Contractor Foreman.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the help that is provided if you have questions.

Cons

Nothing at this time. The program has satisfied my expectations.

Simon
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 19/04/2024

Affordable but powerful Construction Management Software Solution

I am really happy with contractor foreman. It does what it is designed for. Check out a trial and see if it is the right solution for you.

Pros

What I like best about Contractor Foreman is that it is affordable, easy to use but at the same time quite powerful. It is also easy to set up and all the key features are available to manage a project from start to finish. Also the customer support is fast and efficient.

Cons

Contractor Foreman could have more integration with Salesforce and Sage Intacct.

Reviewed on 08/05/2024

I am a fan of this all in one software for scheduling, project managing, and documenting...

So far through this beginning process, the platform has been good. Besides the platform going down everything is created to fit our needs.

Pros

Along with being priced competitively, this software is an all in one platform that fit all of our project managing and scheduling needs.

Cons

The server did go down for over 24 house which was very concerning but multiple reps and support members have reached out.

Derek J.
Derek J.

Reviewed on 08/05/2024

Easy to use, solves a variety of problems

Pros

Very large variety of functions and settings to help make the construction estimate, bidding, approval/acceptance, timeline etc. more streamline

Cons

When there are tech updates it seems to move very slow.

jeff

Reviewed on 08/05/2024

great product with great price

Pros

how easy it is. not only for me the administrator, also for clients and vendors

Cons

that i can integrate only 1 quick books subscription

Wendy

Reviewed on 08/02/2021

Searching for F I V E years!!

EXCEPTIONAL. Again - from the beginning with other companies, our time was mostly spent figuring out "workarounds" for their issues. No software will be everything to everyone, but this one is close. We've searched for FIVE years and have used most of the bigger names in the construction industry. Most highly overpriced, and poor customer service. CF has great people, all willing to help and they're even modifying the system monthly based on their customer feedback. What? A company that cares what we think?

Pros

For the FIRST time in engaging with new software - the positives are more than the mandated "workarounds".
Easy to use. Simple to train. Seems to be EXCEPTIONAL at caring about what their customers want. Took the time to get the TWO WAY INTEGRATION figured out with Quickbooks (no one else has done this that we've worked with). Honest about the shortcomings, but again very motivated to change as needed.

Cons

Wish there was more attention paid to "coloring" the dashboards. Making colors correspond to the areas that you are working within.
Wish that they'd put together either a Procedural book, or help more with a documented training. It's not hard to train, just would be nice to have a roadmap per see.

Housecall Pro , Dataforma and Jobber

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

HORRIBLE customer service. Too many workarounds. Flat out LIES about their Quickbooks integration (which is horrible and only goes one way - not two way). Price is out of this world too if you want more than 5 projects. We're a service-based construction and therefore didn't use the system as it was intended, but they knew that in our initial meetings and yet still told us it would work. It didn't.

CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Honestly, it was the people at CF that made the difference. Answered our questions. Helped us look around. Kept checking back with us to be sure we were happy. Jumping on any needs that we expressed. This is how we treat our customers - it was a treat to find someone who would treat us the same. Plus we just kept finding MORE things we liked around every corner. Vehicle management. Subcontractor management. Saved us SO much money and time with multiple systems we used to use.

Response from Contractor Foreman

WOW!! We get a lot of great reviews and this is one of the greatest. But with all of that said, we will not rest. Each month we will release a new update with new features and enhancements and we will continue to improve and help you save time and money. The search for the right solution can take a long time - we know, because we use other solutions as well. Thank you for sharing your experience with others and we look forward to serving you. -Steven Gabbard, Founder

Replied 10/02/2021
Lindsey-Leigh

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

A budget software with serious usefulness

Although roll out of CF has been a bit bumpy and there is certainly a learning curve involved, it has been good! Every Step of the way has been a bit easier knowing there is always support to reach out to if you have any issues or confusion.

Pros

This software packs more punch than you would expect at its meager price point. It offers so much in the way of construction management that it is almost unbelievable. The best part? AWESOME customer service, ltterlay at your fingertips. If you are struggling with anything, an agent (usually one of the same few people) are available in less than 5 minutes to help you with whatever you are struggling with.

Cons

Since this software is a bit new, it is kind of clunky. Some of the processes to do things are less than efficient, and it definitely isn't "as pretty" as some of the other competitors, but what other competitors are charging $10,000+ for, CF charges about $1,500.00. However, this is made up for my the fact that they are constantly updating based on real customer feedback, I am genuinely excited to see where this product is heading!

Procore and Premier Construction Software

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

We will be switching from Raken to this once we are fully integrated and our subscription is up for the year with them. This product is 1/2 the cost for 2x the seats and does way more than Raken can.

RAKEN

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Great price point, and a great fit for smaller contractors like us!

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Lindsey for the awesome review! We've worked hard to add awesome features and now we are in the process of making it prettier and even easier to use. Each month we will release an update that will improve your experience.

Replied 24/05/2021
Matthew

Reviewed on 08/03/2022

Feature rich, great support, AND inexpensive... a huge value!

Very pleased with the product and the training, over the moon about the price!

Pros

The 1 on 1 training is always given by a highly experienced rep, someone that knows all the ins and outs of the product and can answer any questions you can thow out! Features are excellent, not just for the money, but for any money! Love the product, we use nearly every aspect of it for our day to day operations, Billing, Estimates, project management, etc. Everything works, extremely happy with the tool and the support, HIGHLY recommend!

Cons

Occasionally there will be a bug somewhere when you are using a newer feature, but they are always rolling out updates and listening to their clients to make the product better. The chat support is very responsive, but they are not nearly as knowledgeable about the product as the trainers, so sometimes scheduling a 1 on 1 training is the only way to get the help you need, depending on how complicated your question is. To date there is not a robust Knowledgebase for the product, just a video library, however, I hear they are rolling out a knowledgebase soon, which hopefully will be a nice addition to the chat support.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

They were easier to implement, easier to learn, had all the features for a lot less money.
Jeff

Reviewed on 19/10/2022

Very robust software for a reasonable price

Great customer service and responsiveness from the leadership and service team. Quick onboarding and the guys in the field picked things up pretty quickly.

Pros

I've been using the market-leading competitors for over ten years. I finally got tired of brutal price increases and went looking for a solution. Contractor Foreman was not only more affordable but in many areas, more robust and efficient. The learning curve wasn't easy, but it was reasonable. Most things are intuitive, and there are pretty good tutorials/videos out there for help. Mostly, it just keeps everything in a central location for the whole team to stay connected.

Cons

I don't know if I'd consider it a con, but there are almost too many features. I had to dial things down in the settings to avoid getting overwhelmed. Unlike other construction management/estimating software, it is a little more process driven as opposed to open design. It's a little hard to explain, but the software works best if you follow the path (on hold/bidding/pending/approved/etc) and complete the build steps in the pattern laid out. You can go rogue, but it seems like glitches and problems are more frequent if you do. I guess that means that instead of bringing your system to CF, you have to work with their system. But, it worked fine for me.

Efficiency and affordability

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Efficiency and affordability. Better software for a more reasonable price.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Jeff for the great review. We are committed to improving the product and making sure that you and others always consider Contractor Foreman a 10/10.

Replied 28/10/2022
Ryan

Reviewed on 31/03/2023

Hopeful for product but overall disappointed.

Overall I have had a very negative experience with this program, very buggy and made it hard to train staff on when we had to have constant work arounds. If they were responsive on their customer service team and were able to handle the bugs quickly this wouldn't have been an issue however as I stated above sometimes it was over a month before I got a response. The only way I could get a response right away was by going onto their main site not logged in and then they would answer within minutes. Also it was the same people doing the customer service that were answering on their main site as well, I thought it would've been a different team which is why I was getting a quicker response but it wasn't. This program has cost me far more time and money than if I just would've paid more for a better program.

Pros

The numerous features in the project was great.

Cons

There was no training on how all of the modules worked together, just on the modules individually in the videos. The customer support has been terrible I am just this week receiving responses to tickets sent in on Feb 10th, it is now the End of March. The customer service team always seemed to have the mindset that I was wrong and wouldn't fully read what I was telling them. Because of some bugs with the links to QBO we had progress invoices syncing over that were for full value rather than the percentage (This has been Fixed). There is something wrong with the link now that once it syncs over to QBO the values are changing. When completing work orders into invoices the fields would not properly fill out requiring lots of manual entry, we changed our workflow to not use those because of that so I have not checked to see if that has been fixed.

Knowify , Buildertrend and Simpro

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

There was limited ways to track a job on fieldpulse and we were having rounding issues between fieldpulse and QBO that were not getting fixed. As it turns out CF also had the same issue.

FieldPulse

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Cost was a large factor, and there was all of these modules available that covered everything. This was actually the downfall of CF, too many modules that didn't work well or didn't work together properly.
Shell

Reviewed on 03/05/2023

Awesome Software

The technical support is superior. They have a chat within the program that is so handy. It guides you to articles AND has a real person answering questions. I love that. There are training videos within every module - their placement and accessibility makes sooooo much sense. They also offer classes as well as one-on-one training. Absolutely stellar, and unusual these days! Good for them - better for me. : )

Pros

One of the most important things that we were looking for in job management software was a portal for our clients, so we could have a single space for our notes and theirs. Contractor Foreman exceeded my expectations in this area - Our clients LOVE it!

Cons

The only ask would be the ability to change the size of type within the program... ie: the menus, etc.

Houzz Pro , Buildertrend and FieldPulse

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

We needed a place to interface with each other and our clients. This also put all of our software in one place - we released Instagantt...

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Support. Ease of use for employees and clients. Depth of what was offered - It is clear that who ever put this software together worked in the field. Price.
Tom

Reviewed on 27/05/2020

Comprehensive Platform

We chose Contractor Foreman because we wanted ONE program that would accomplish the tasks of the many (6 or so) programs we were using. This software helped to consolidate our efforts and bring our company together in regards to standard operating procedures. We are still in the beginning stages of implementation, however we've been able to run many projects through from start to finish and we are very pleased with the plan.

Pros

This is a comprehensive software, that my company has integrated into everyday use. The aspect I like the most is that it is always improving. The innovators working in the background at Contractor Foreman are constantly seeking to optimize.

Cons

The biggest problem we've had is waiting on the ability to connect with QuickBooks Desktop. At this point the connection is ready and my team just needs to follow the steps.

Service Fusion

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

We needed to shorten the list of programs we were using. Some of our staff used all of the programs mentioned, and more to accomplish their tasks. Having everyone work in the same program helps us maintain consistency and efficiency. It also lets us track progress and gather information on best practices.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

For us, Contractor Foreman is much more versatile and comprehensive.
Shawn

Reviewed on 14/01/2021

From

Right now I am overall pleased with what i am getting for the money. It is very comprehensive and it appears that the leadership recognizes the room and areas for improvement and are making an honest attempt to make it bette. I give creit for that because most companies dont engage at all. Ive been asked for my response every other day and contacted by someone for training every few days. This to me is priceless. It appears on the cover anyway, these guys actually care. Until they prove me wrong, I will believe them and support them.

Pros

I think that coming from one of the major providers to Contractor Foreman I expected alot less than what we have. In fact, I am impressed at how much it offers for the price. I like that it has almost everything in one place from the client portal to schedules, to bugets, and so on.

Cons

I would love to see better forms or template options. Even if it was easier to create a template would be helpful because we use different templates for different Brands in the commercial industry and we need to be able to create them in this platform. Also the estimating inputting seems to be a struggle. Maybe its that we are new but going from Estimate to SOV to whatever is next is a struggle and we still dont have it down. I would also recomend that the RFI could be updated in the system by simply responding to the automated email. somehow that RFI and Change order system can improve.

Can there be a cooler logo? My clients are corporate Burger King, 7-11, McDonalds, Popeyes, Starbucks, etc. The name just doesnt look very commercial. Not a deal killer but thought Id throw it out there. Dont want to hurt anyones feeleings.

Josh

Reviewed on 09/11/2022

Simple, Modular, Great Value Project Management Software for Many Construction Companies

Lots of resources, and they are very open to help whenever you need them. I'd love to have the opportunity for longer training sessions (especially at initial implementation). The value is phenomenal! So many small construction companies could grow into highly efficient larger companies using Contractor Foreman and would not feel feature limited for quite some time.

Pros

Contractor Foreman is logically organized, easily customizable, and very powerful for the price. If your company is self-motivated, Contractor Foreman and efficiently organize your project management processes.

Cons

As with any software, Contractor Foreman doesn't fit all construction companies. We are definitely pushing the limits of each feature and still have to code many fields in order to expand CFs capabilities to match our needs.

Procore

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

We are great at production. Administrating production management software is not our strength. Our tools should work for us and not be a bottleneck.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Modularity, Logical Interface, Self-controlled features - we don't need the software provider or another consultant to write reports or modify our software for us.
Charles
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 22/11/2022

Looking to save a hudge amout of time

Mostly anticipation at this point. Was supper cool to speak to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT], though. He took our call when one of his trainers had a personal emergency. Hearing the logic of how and why he developed this sounded just like our frustrations and list of needs.

Pros

This looks so amazing, so far it values all the real world things we value. my team is already so stoked. We have so many structures to track, manage and project the problems that must only be relevant to contractors, as no other software seems to understand constructing accounting. Or cyclical project management. So to see these tools has justified our team's deep inner knowing that, YES, these are important, we are not crazy.

Cons

It's a little rough around the edges. Went to add a suggestion, and got an error page instead of a form to fill out. yet, I see that they have even opened up their suggestions to be voted on and hashed out like a forum. so it's not by neglect to my request that the error occurred

FreshBooks , Buildertrend and Wave

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Um... quick books sucksand they are obnoxiously greedy

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Price or better odds of working for our neeeds
Vincenzo

Reviewed on 01/09/2022

Contractor Foreman Overall Review

I have tried some of the other software programs that were much more expensive than Contractor foreman. I feel Contractor Foreman has only improved since I started using it.

Pros

I like how easy the software is to use on a daily basis. I works seamless between my desktop and mobile device. I can access anywhere I am. Monthly update features have improved existing features along the way.

Cons

There are some features that could be added such as a Warranty module... however when suggestions are made they are heard and considered.

Procore and Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

The cost was attractive, the ease of use of the software is what sold us on this product. Estimate organization and flow, project cost management, scheduling etc... it was a no brainer.
Adam

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Grate software

great

Pros

How thorough the software is.And its fantastic price

Cons

I wish that it would keep a email log on the software.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

It was way too expensive ( only did the trial)

More value for money

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thanks Adam for the review. We do keep a log of all emails sent from Contractor Foreman. You can view the emails that you have sent by going to Company Settings > Log > Email. Also, within each item you can click on the Activity dropdown at the bottom and see the emails sent for that item including delivered/open/click/bounced status. If you have any questions, let us know and we will be glad to help.

Replied 11/02/2021
Jet

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Great Construction Management Software for Small to Mid-Size Companies

I found that the software can be very helpful to manage a lot of details and areas within a construction company. It can be used by various types of contractors, and to a certain point customized to serve each individual contractor. Overall, I think this software is a great upcoming contender against existing respected software, although I do believe it has a bit more to go before it can meet toe-to-toe with them; its getting there though.

Pros

I sincerely like how many functioning features are readily available right out-of-the-box. Each feature/module is extremely helpful to manage the different facets within the construction industry. The features allow a wide range of different contractors to benefit from this software that can be customized to work the way each individual business works (although customization can be a bit limited with certain modules). I also really appreciate the company taking the effort to truly consider and seek out feedback from contractor's and then actually implement needed updates to the software. Since their inception they have drastically improved A LOT of the software features that work so much better.

Cons

There are minor "cons" from our experience, one being that when wanting to customize certain modules to fit our particular company procedures we met some limitations. At the time, the software couldn't be customize to reflect certain details we were wanting/needing the software to do, although there were some "alternate" routes but they still didn't function the way we would prefer. But that can be overcome by doing some work arounds (as we found) but again would be preferiable if customization wasn't as limited (I'm not speaking in full details because there are several areas we saw we faced this, but the major point is we saw that customization can be limited if wanting the software to reflect or do certain things that you would want). Although I do believe the software is capable of reaching a much higher customization level than it presents now although depending on the company's ability to work on those specific areas (which they are currently doing). Another minor con is the actual customer service and support. It is currently not as strong as I believe it should and can be. When needing assistance in various occasions to fix an issue beyond our control, reaching out to support through their chat and email options were simple and decently responsive. But when it came to the actual support and help, it fell pretty short there. Mainly the reps. didn't feel eager to help and solve the issue, they just gave generic unhelpful ideas. But of course that can improve over time.

Anastasiia

Reviewed on 08/11/2022

Lots of Capabilities that do not work

Would not recommend for the sake of lack of help from their customer service when CRUCIAL problems appear (which happens a lot)!

Pros

Lots of features that we have been looking for

Cons

The features work really well in theory but not so much in practice. Integrations with QB are the worst while financials are the most important to the company! Having faced a lot of issues with software, I am spending half of my day talking to customer support. They are able to fix some issues, but it is really annoying that I need to waste so much time for them to fix the issue while they cannot admit that the platform has a lot of bugs and the user himself is not and will not be able to fix problems. The WORST part is that when customer service is not able to assist which happens VERY OFTEN, they request to send email to their customer support. Weeks go by and there is no response. When I reach out to them again, it seems like they have no notes and they start over asking questions, submitting duplicate requests and keep promising to fix the issue. With so many great capabilities it is a shame they are not able to get it together and really take care of their existing clients.

nicholas

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

review from commercial subcontractor

WONDERFUL/nearly perfect - after searching/demoing nearly every product related to construction, then trying CF I was amazed. I had brushed off the program initially because of its comparative low cost. After a year of use I only hope they don't get bought out and rolled into some bigger conglomerate.

Pros

1- The product is so robust but easily customizable. There are substantially more features available than you could really effectively use - but thats not a problem, just turn them off in module/global settings. 2- Customer support has been wonderful, we frequently use "live chat" to get things answered, not submit tickets and wait for reply like other products. 3- Mobile use is nearly as robust as desktop, everything that you could really productively do on a mobile device is available at your fingertips. 4- directory, we are putting out all project

Cons

report customization: there are some things that we could use reports via excel on that if given the option to turn on/off data being exported it would make the files easier to work with.

Value, features available, customization