Diligent Boards Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Diligent Boards

Diligent Boards is a content management solution for creating, distributing and collaborating on board meeting materials. Designed for small and large businesses, Diligent Boards aids in creating digital materials to support any...

4.9

Browse Diligent Boards Reviews

Stephanie
Stephanie
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

Review for Diligent Boards

The ease of use and effectiveness in sharing documents with board members around the world makes Diligent a software package I would highly recommend! The customer support is the best I have ever experienced. No machines, a real human being every single time!

Pros

This software is so simple to use. You can set up a board book in minutes. Uploading is mindless as you can upload any type of document (word, excel, pdf...). You can build from scratch to copy an old version and modify it.

Cons

I have been using Diligent for two years now and I honestly haven't experienced any cons yet...

Response from Diligent

Hello Stephanie,

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review. It is wonderful to hear that you like our Customer Support and find Diligent Boards simple to use. Thanks again for this great feedback!

Replied 14/12/2018
Kelly

A great product

Our overall experience with Diligent has been very positive. The new upgrades have been a huge improvement.

Pros

Its ease of use, in both building books on the administrative side and reviewing materials on the user side.

Cons

I would like the currently separate D&O questionnaires module to be included in our package without additional cost.

Nasdaq Boardvantage and OnBoard

Reasons for Switching to Diligent Boards

With the new upgrades to the platform, Diligent has the same (or more) features as its competitors, some done in a better, more streamlined way, for the same price or less.
Sharon
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

GoDaddy Admin Feedback

Pros

It's ok for basic needs. It's ok for basic needs.

Cons

You can't upload animated presentations, or videos embedded in presentations.

Top Diligent Boards Alternatives

• Industry: Hospitality
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 27/08/2020

A game-changer for Board papers

Excellent experience with Diligent Boards and exceptional service and support from the Team. Distribution of papers to the Board is an efficient and seamless process.

Pros

Integration and transition to Diligent Boards was seamless. The product is easy to use and one of the key advantages is the amount of time it saves, collating and distributing board papers. Papers can easily be replaced and late papers added. The Agenda builder is excellent. Being able to export the papers is a great feature.

Cons

Unfortunately it is an expensive tool.

Pam

Review of Diligent Board Books

Overall, my experience has been great.

Pros

It's easy to use and you can have one sign in if members are on other boards.

Cons

More flexibility in changing an evaluation if already published.

Rosslyn
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Life is too short for paper packs

An excellent experience with both the product and the support received over the years. Also have great breakfast meetings which are informative and useful and provide the opportunity to discuss with others

Pros

Production and distribution of packs is easy, efficient and timely.
I had a dream...or should i say nightmare the other day that i moved jobs and had to produce paper packs!! I woke up in a cold sweat!

Cons

Nothing - its a great all round product with many additional modules which can be added as your business sees fit

Response from Diligent

Hi Rosslyn, Thank you for your review. We would love to share your story with the Diligent community. Please feel free to reach out to Customer Marketing at [email protected]!

Replied 28/08/2020
Herene
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 26/11/2020

Diligent is Tops!

Very positive!

Pros

It's very user friendly. Documents are confidential and you can upload quickly and effectively.

Cons

There was nothing I didn't like about the product!

Brittany
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Diligent Review

Pros

I like that everything I need is a click away. Its very user friendly for my Board.

Cons

I don't like that I have to click through the pages of the documents. I wish I could just scroll.

Frusquin
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 04/11/2023

My review for Diligent Board

Pros

Good tool, very easy to use with a large space that allows me to store my files such as my videos, my photos and many other documents and folders

Cons

It is a software which is very greedy in terms of battery energy especially on mobile

Patrice
Patrice
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

Diligent is Best Board Portal Available

As a consultant working for various companies, it is awesome to have Diligent in my handful of tools that can provide services to my client and make me look like a magician. It has simplified my life and that of my clients and I can't imagine being without Diligent.

Pros

It is easy and intuitive both from an administrator perspective and a user perspective

Cons

The Resource Center - though I understand that improvements are coming and I am looking forward to that.

Response from Diligent

We are thrilled to hear you are happy with Diligent Boards, Patrice. Thank you so much for writing this awesome review!

Replied 02/11/2018
Patricia

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

Diligent Board Review

Diligent Boards is a great tool for assembling and housing board materials. It saves us hours of preparation time for our five boards and related committee meetings. It also functions well for directors to be able to access materials securely from anywhere in the world. We also use it to assemble other types of document packages rather than just board books.

Pros

It is easy to use and very intuitive for both administrators and directors. I like that there are several ways to accomplish certain tasks, depending on what works best for my company and directors.

Cons

There is no dedicated online training for directors or administrators. The help features are very good, but directors don't have the time or inclination to search how to handle basic functions.

In addition, the notification, table of contents and calendar features are the weak parts of the software. Administrators should be able to add other users to a notification, even if not listed as a member of the particular committee or board. The table of contents feature, while improved from a few years ago, still isn't editable or movable within the document. The new Agenda feature also should be more editable.

Response from Diligent

Hi Patricia, it's great to hear that you find Diligent intuitive and easy to use! Thank you for taking time to provide feedback please know that we are always looking to make improvements to our platform, and have taken your feedback into account.

Replied 26/06/2020
Andrea

Highly Recommend Diligent Boards

Diligent has great customer service and is very easy to use and understand the ends and outs of the product.

Pros

Diligent Boards and very easy to use as an administrator and as a user. The time that it takes as an admin to upload materials has decreased dramatically compared to the software we used previously. It's so easy to build a book that you almost think you missed a step. The permissions are very easy to understand and control. Our board members love the ease of use of the software for the iPad. It seemed very easy to transition everyone to this new product and we had 200+ users to transition over.

Cons

I do wish it was easier to see who all has access to a particular set of materials once a books is archived as to be able to scroll through all the users, you have to put the materials back in hidden or current mode to do this.

Lynda
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Essential Product to our Business

Diligent has been immediately responsive to any questions or issues we have with the product, passwords, or general operating questions. Our board does not utilize all of the many features but we have the option to do so if we wish to expand our usage.

Pros

I like the ease of use, the instant replacement of documents that I used to have to courier out to Board members, and the environmental & confidential aspects of not having printed copies of Board materials.

Cons

I'm frustrated that the web version and one-click are not identical yet and wait for the day that the web version can do the drag and drop the same way that one-click does.

• Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

iPad battery Drain

Good for security, but being able to move documents between tabs and archive Resource Centre materials would be a great advantage. As would sorting the annotations issue.

Pros

Pros: secure file sharing, ability to upload large files, linking between books, resource centre, agenda.

Cons

Cons: iPad Battery drainage is a major issue. When you request assistance Level 1 Helpdesk responses suggest user error or poor device management. Its neither, the latest version drains the battery of a new iPad (latest OS and app versions) where settings are configured to minimise battery use and no other software is open!

Carole
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 29/05/2020

Very user friendly, easily accessible and slick system.

Excellent experience. If I can't figure it out, the team is always ready to help out 24/7. Especially in the wee hours of the morning if needed!

Pros

Appreciate how easy it is to upload material in most formats. Very flexible with many options to organize your books. The Agenda Builder is a game changer.

Cons

Not a lot of flexibility to customize formatting on the Agenda Builder produced agenda i.e. fonts, can only input time duration (i.e. 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm) instead of just how many hours/minutes each section will be presented.

Irene

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Board Meeting Portals easy and efficient

Paperless solution to Board Meetings. We have converted 8 Boards to Diligent with a seemless transition. Training is excellent and new products are always offered and existing features are updated. Diligent listens to end users for suggestions and better solutions and incorporates what they can.

Pros

Easy to load documents, user friendly for all Boards, great storage for secure historical meeting material and governance documents.

Cons

Cannot load short videos for viewing at Board Meetings. Cannot move items from board meetings to resource centre.

Response from Diligent

Thanks for the 5-star review and sharing your feedback with us, Irene! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with Diligent Boards. We will be sharing your feedback among our team. Thank you!

Replied 29/10/2018
Chidi

My Diligent Story

Exceptional

Pros

It proved extremely invaluable during the recent Covid-19 Pandemic. Despite being in different Geographical locations, we were able to hold meetings and share files seamlessly. Thus the ability to access and share information securely and seamlessly is one of the greatest attributes of the product

Cons

As an Administrator, My inability to help users who are on my site to change or reset their passwords simply because they are overlapped with other boards, was a challenge. Since my company pays their annual license, as an Administrator, I should be able to help those user who are overlapped with other Boards as well.

Marieliz

Reviewed on 18/09/2020

User Friendly

my entire experience has been great. I was trained by someone from Diligent Boards and have since been a fan. It means a lot when a company takes the time to have one of their experts train people.

Pros

Love how easy it is to use and train on.

Cons

What I like least about the software is the search feature. There's no specific order to it and makes it difficult to find what you're searching.

Jessica
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

RB feedback on Diligent

Pros

I like that our documents are stored in a secure place and are easily accessible for the users. Users seem happy with how the system is used and their accessibility. It is simple to upload documents, create pdfs etc. We can rely on our client support as and when needed.

Cons

I use the software on a PC and most of our users use the software on an iPad. My only criticism would be that i do have concerns of how documents we upload on a PC may appear visually on the users iPads.

Susan

Reviewed on 09/11/2018

I am reviewing the Rountable held in Boston on 11/8/18

Pros

The roundtable was great - nice to meet everyone, talk about tips and future features.

Cons

My only comment would be to make this meeting longer! I felt that we did not have enough time.

Response from Diligent

Hi Susan, thank you for attending our roundtable and taking time to write this review! We really appreciate your feedback and hope to see you at another event in the future.

Replied 26/11/2018

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Great software, not the cheapest; but you get what you pay for

Excellent. Response, friendly and knowledgeable

Pros

End user and administrator friendly & great employees

Cons

Pricing is top end. It seems to be a competitive market and its possible that this will drive prices down eventually, or cause existing users to consider other products.

Response from Diligent

Hi Paul, Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the time you took to share your experience, and glad to hear that you find Diligent Boards so easy to use.

Replied 28/08/2020
Sonia

Reviewed on 09/11/2020

Diligent is an excellent product!

Overall, Diligent is a great product compared to how I used to do Board reports before. It was more archaic how I used to do Board reports so Diligent has definitely changed how I do the reports and has greatly improved how easy it is to do Board reports.

Pros

What I like most is the agenda for each book being created by the software. Plus page numbering is automatic.

Cons

There can be some improvements on certain Excel sheets that do not transfer over correctly to Diligent. For example, if the Excel sheet shows one page, it then converts to two pages in Diligent. Currently I convert some Excel sheets to PDF as a workaround. Also redlined Word documents do not convert exactly over to Diligent. Tracked changes sometimes change to a different color or bubbles that show formatting changes are shown on right-hand side of Word document when the original does not show this. Also, I convert Word document to PDF as a workaround. This is why I rated ease of use as 4 stars.

Eileen

Diligent - Excellent Product

It is a great product and easy to use. It makes our Board materials process more streamlined and Board meetings more efficient.

Pros

From an administrator standpoint, it is very easy to use. It has a great search feature, so when my [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] asks for some historical data, it is easy for me to search and produce it. Our Board loves the product and we don't know what we did before using it! I highly recommend it. Also, the Diligent support team is the best to work with.

Cons

The Resource Center could be reorganized a little.

Ruth
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 04/11/2021

Information in real time

My experience has been satisfactory and the benefits I have obtained are the following:
- Reduction of printed papers, help the environment.
- Agility in the delivery of information, real time.
- Access to online information by members.
- Timely bug fixes before meetings.

Pros

I love this product, it has given me the possibility of eliminating physical documents, previously I had to print several copies of the material to be discussed, currently, I only have to upload the digital files and the members can view the information in real time. In addition, previously, after dispatching the printed material, I did not have the opportunity to edit any errors or include missing information, now I have the opportunity to replace documents with errors or include data that I consider necessary before the meetings.

Cons

Currently, I do not have against about the product, since the ones I had have been solved in the new versions.

Denise

Reviewed on 09/12/2020

Survey

Excellent

Pros

Easy of use - very user-friendly. Customer service is excellent.

Cons

I do not have any complaints on this software.