About QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks Online Advanced is a cloud-based accounting solution that helps small to large enterprises manage expenses, projects, invoices and more. It comes with a centralized dashboard, which enables users to gain insights into...

Browse QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

Bob T.

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Over 10 years of complete satisfaction!

100 percent satisfied. I have been approached with offers to switch. I turn every single one of them down. QuickBooks has proven to be to be the absolute best software for me to use in this area.

Pros

I love QuickBooks for Non-Profits! I have used this software exclusively for the past 10 years with no problems at all.

I have received numerous compliments from Board Members of the accuracy and detail I provide when it comes to our financial reports. I have been told I provide the best reports they have seen (many are members of other non-profit boards). It is all accomplished with just a few clicks and the reports printed out!

Cons

It does take a bit of getting used to. Especially when you are first setting up the system. Once it is set up, it runs along fine.

One thing to make sure of is the category of the items you are entering. Otherwise, your reports will contain mis-categorized information. Be sure to check over your reports for accuracy in that area. If identified, it is a simple fix - but you must check it over.

Response from Intuit

Hearing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for so many years makes our day, Bob! We're thrilled to know that you're able to confidently present accurate data with the reports you've created without breaking a sweat. You can continue rely on us to have your back for years to come. It sounds like you're a pro, but if you ever need any assistance, we recommend checking out the Community. Here, you'll find detailed articles and advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/

Thanks for an awesome review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 11/09/2019
Kyle H.

Ease of use

The chart of accounts feature of QBO is much cleaner than the two previously used accounting softwares. Also the reporting functions are much more user friendly for non-accounting employees trying to find financial information that makes sense to them.

Pros

Everything is very clean, and easy to navigate. The general features of the software are user friendly to all levels of accounting. If you have never used an accounting software before QBO makes it very accessible to find important and valuable information about your finances with relative ease.

Cons

The more in depth features do take a little time to navigate. There are also a lack to "advance" features for some of the functions but it overall fits the bill. There is nothing that is missing that is an absolute need for business function- just more of a "would be nice".

• Industry: Public Policy

Reviewed on 15/06/2018

Good for small companies with limited transactions

Pros

Online accessibility - can work anywhere with an internet connection. Linking to bank and credit card accounts is handy. Linking to Bill.com and Expensify are also easy.

Cons

As a controller and an accountant consultant on the side, I would recommend the online version to small businesses with fewer than 5-10 employees and revenues under $1 million that have very few transactions. For companies that have multiple approval layers and AP invoices, you would need an add on app like Bill.com to handle. We use Expensify and Bill.com to handle expense reporting and AP. QuickBooks Enterprise edition would be a better fit for companies with more than a million in sales and more than 10 employees, but costs can add up on that platform.
-Approval levels are very broad. If I want to allow someone to add classes, I have to give them access to banking and reports that are only for partners to see. Further a la carte customization for permissions would certainly be handy.
-Speed - even with high speed internet, processing multiple AP invoices is very slow compared to the desktop counterpart.
-Accounting integration - when allowing accountants access to the company file, downloading the GL needs to go to excel. If the GL is large, it may exceed the line limit for Excel.
-Some reports are unable to use the custom fields. This creates problems when the custom fields are critical. in our case, we can't run a report of payments received that includes project numbers. In order to get that report, I need to use Zapier to extract payments as they come in and send them to a google sheet. So the only listing I have for payments listed with our custom fields is in Google sheets!

Leann S.

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

So much better than complicated systems!!!

We have realized much richer reporting, faster data entry and uploads, connection to multiple apps such as Bill.com, and a wealth of information readily available through QuickBooks training, online experts, and even YouTube videos.

Pros

We love that QuickBooks provides an online option that is easily accessible for all of our virtual employees and financial advisers. It has been a breeze to use compared with our old system (Abilla MIP). In today's digital age, we don't often need all the complexity - just the natural, simple, and efficient financial management systems.

Cons

The only thing we haven't liked is that our transition from MIP had to be done manually.

Richard M.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Quickbooks Online for Aircraft Maintenance

Pros

Quickbooks Online allows us to streamline our accounting process as well as inventory tracking. Our customers love to be able to receive estimates and invoices online as well as pay online. With unlimited chart of accounts and excellent reporting features we are able to monitor the pulse of the company daily.

Cons

If you are not an accounting guru, have access to an accountant or you do not understand debits, credits and accounting concepts you are going to feel lost. There is an extreme learning curve for small business owners who go from physical books and spreadsheets to Quickbooks Online. Once you learn everything you will find the software very helpful, but when you first get started odds are, you're going to inadvertently make a big mess of your books until you figure it all out.

April F.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

I am completely self taught with keeping books in my business. Quickbooks online has made this even easier than any desktop version. I have been using Quickbooks online since it first came out and I am pleased with the continual progress and improvements made to the system. I feel the fees are very reasonable, but I do take advantage of many of the features. Payroll is the best feature. It saves time and money. I would never want to use an outside source unless I no longer had to do any bookkeeping myself.

Pros

Easy to set up and use.
Help section is very useful.
Most everything is intuitive to figure out.
It is great to access information from anywhere and anytime.
Mobile access is good.
The Pay Now feature with invoices is very nice and eliminates the need for credit cards.

Cons

CHAT feature is hidden deep in trouble shooting.

Kristen F.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Great step up from QB desktop

QB Advanced has been a great addition to our workplace. I am the main user and I like the ease of reports and other functions.

Pros

The product is user friendly. It is easy to navigate and find all the features. The tech support are always friendly, fast and always help with any questions I have had.

Cons

There are many features that we do not use, but I'm sure would be helpful to other companies.

Samantha M.

Mandatory for Business

It has been good. The price is a pain, but you get a ton of features even if you dont use every single one. We have enjoyed using QBO for years and will continue to use the service.

Pros

-The customer service is on point every time. They are super helpful and can help you with errors and questions of any sorts. Any time I have had to contact them, they are quick and helpful. They also are kind!
-New Features added all the time

Cons

- Wont save the date to the actual date. It saves the last date you put in, which can be a really huge error later if you didnt change the date and went about your day.
-Prices tripled and they did add a ton of features, they arent really used by my size company and we had to get the upgraded version for ONE feature we use, which feels like waste

Tara S.

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Works well for small business

On a day to day bases, it is easy to use and easy to see a quick snapshot of where our company stands. Customers can view and pay their invoices online and money is deposited quickly. It has helped increase our cashflow.

Pros

The software was fairly easy to set up and is very easy to use. Very forgiving. Errors can be corrected easily. (with the exceptions noted below)

Cons

The recurring transaction feature does not always work as expected.
Accounts or products that are created in error can only be made inactive, not deleted. We now have a lot of extras since the accountant that helped us import our Sage data imported everything twice. We have 2 of all our products and accounts.

Noura H.

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

Love QuickBooks Online

It has been great. It took a little bit of time to get used to switch from desktop to online. Initially I didn't like it as much as the desktop, but got used to it fairly quickly.

Pros

Easy to use. Great customer support with multiple ways to contact support. Helps us track our company easily. Has everything our business needs.

Cons

The app is a little different than the web version, which throws me off sometimes when I am used to doing things a certain way using the web version.

Maylin C.

QuickBooks Online Advanced is Great

My overall experience with QuickBooks Online Advanced is great. I am able to multitask and keep all my bookkeeping organized thanks to this system. So when it is the end of the year, it is very easy to close out and hand everything to the Accountant for tax reporting.

Pros

What I like most about QuickBooks Online Advanced is how easy it makes my job. Everything from running reports, managing the Chart of Accounts, and reconciling my accounts at the end of the month is very simple with QuickBooks Online Advanced.

Cons

I think that what I like least is when there is a new feature and I have to learn how it affects my process. But I can say that QuickBooks Online Advance makes it easy to learn the new features or processes.

Colin B.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Works Well for Small Company

Overall, it does what we need it to do and at the size we are, it is adequate. I would definitely recommend Quickbooks until you get to the point where your financial information needs to be integrated into a larger data system with all data related and unrelated to financials.

Pros

Quickbooks is easy to use and understand. The functionality for reports easy is to manipulate. Editing, uploading, and closing periods is great. There is also some good add on's to upload entries and statements. We use bill.com and these two programs work well together.

Cons

There is some quirky things. Especially integrating bill.com with in with it. Sometimes it is not so much complicated accounting but more so hard to navigate the software to make things happen the way you want. For example, putting things through bill and trying to hit a receivable account is not possible. Or manually entering and invoice and having it paid from a receivable account. Little things like this.

Karl F.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Overall Solid Product

We switched from QuickBooks desktop to QBO over a year ago, and have been quite happy with the product. The ability to access our QuickBooks data from anywhere, anyhow is a great benefit to our business. Our biggest hurdle is the lack of inventory tracking by location.

Pros

Remote, web-based access; unlimited chart of accounts, products/services, categories and locations.

Cons

Inventory tracking with multiple locations is non-existent.

Nicholas P.

A MAJOR upgrade over Quick Books Enterprise edition

We have multiple LLCs that are under one larger umbrella company. These LLCs used to each have their own QBE file and now we have them all listed under the larger company within QBO. Reporting takes literally 1/6 of the time that it used to for the same information.

Pros

Everything is in one of just a few places. Searches are quick, reports are super easy to customize and export. It's available everywhere that you have an internet connection.

Cons

Some of the add-on applications cause some performance issues. This is mostly due to poor optimization by the third-party application developers but it does affect some of the things that I use daily when these apps are active.

Christopher B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Functional application for book keeping & accounting

Looking forward to implementing some of the project management tools to monitor progress & help provide insight on maintaining profit margins.

Pros

Allows you to customize & place branding on invoicing & estimates, easy to produce aging reports & other useful information on financials (also customizable).

Cons

Application lacks sophistication in the importing & exporting of invoicing & other data.

Alexx G.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Six Month Impressions of QuickBooks Online Advanved

Pros

A little more then six months into using QuickBooks Online Advanved, I have found it very easy to navigate the software to both record transactions and run the reports necessary to understand my business.

As I grow our company's accounting department, new hires with no previous experience using QuickBooks Online Advanced have also found it simple to pick up and use on a daily basis.

The standard reports available cover the majority of my needs, but the ability to generate custom reports allows me to dissect the data at a finer level. I also utilize the functionality of QuickBooks Online Advanced to autorun reports and email them directly to my team. This has resulted in a faster workflow as we automate certain aspects that previously bottlenecked with a single individual.

Cons

There are minor autofill aspects that could be more accurate. For example, when using a copy of a journal entry to generate a new journal entry at times the dates will autofill to next year instead of next month (e.g. July 2020 instead of August 2019). This is a minor issue that be quickly overcome.

Jonni E.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

From A Purchasing Standpoint

We are using it for basic business functions like entering customer sales order and sending purchase orders to suppliers.

Pros

My company uses QuickBooks to track vendors and enter customer sales order and to send purchase orders to suppliers. But I myself only use it for purchasing so I will restrict my comments to that area only.

I think in general it handles the basics very well. Advanced Search function is adequate. It searched well if you use something like vendor name. Does not seem to work very well if you are searching just be reference.

Cons

It's tedious to enter an item on every line. It would be AMAZING if you could develop an upload template in excel that would allow us to populate many line items.

Sofia M.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

QB is awesome!!!

Pros

I really love using QB because they make accounting so much easier than it is. Everything is easy access and it's very user-friendly. I've used several different account programs and this has to be the easiest one by far but also the most organized website.

Cons

I don't think there's too much that I don't like. Every now and then there are glitches that mess with the functions that I use, but it hardly happens.

Jon R.
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

QBO Advanced Review

It has been positive and have grown with some of the original products over my careers as an entrepreneur.

Pros

Ease of use and transition time. Already understood the functionality from prior versions.

Cons

Would like better support when you call in.

Kat P.

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Great option for small to medium size non-profits

Quickbooks allows non-profits to easily store and manage their financial data. It is very easy to learn the system and, because of this, can be easily integrated in to the workplace. Overall, I think QB is a great system for nonprofits that are too small for a large system like Intacct.

Pros

The software is easy-to-use and intuitive. What I particularly like about Quickbooks is that there are several different ways to do a task. Financial information is very easy to enter, maintain and process. One of the best features of QB are the reports, which are very customizable and helpful for understanding who owes you, who you owe, etc. Finally, there are many add-ons, which is very helpful and would allow most non-profits to run an organization entirely through the program if they chose.

Cons

Quickbooks seems to be continually improving its systems and the company really seems to listen to customer feedback. That being said, there are several functions that can be frustrating. For example, undoing reconciliations. In addition, while the reports are very customizable, their features are not exhaustive.

Jennifer L.

QB Online Advanced

Less data entry saving time to work on other things.

Pros

Easy importing from bank statements
Attachment ability to all invoices and bills
Layout of the program is clean and easy to use

Cons

No ability it do progress invoicing. This means having the ability to bill small portions of an estimate at a time.

Blake B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Quick, Easy and Affordable

We've been able to cut down on time spent managing finances and also save money in the process.

Pros

This software is easy to use to process payments, manage payroll, budget and more!

Cons

Sometimes the system is slow and buggy but works great most of the time.

Barry S.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 19/02/2018

Everything a Nonprofit needs financially

I don't like the lack of support after two years. But the community of QuickBooks users is so large that help can be found almost anywhere.

Pros

This program is customizable to the needs of each Nonprofit. It can be used as a standalone program or a networked financial database. It has all the necessary functions to do all daily, monthly, and yearly financial paperwork for a small to medium-sized Non-profit.

Cons

The learning curve can be steep. Prior experience with the program or with accounting is very useful. Set up should be done by a professional CPA to ensure it's tracking all the needed items for IRS reporting.

• Industry: Philanthropy
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Reviewed on 14/06/2018

Solid choice for simple accounting

We are able to use Quickbooks to carry out all of our financial functions and easily keep track of everything. I would definitely use it unless you need high volume programs and can afford software that integrates other functions (like donor tracking, record keeping, etc)

Pros

QuickBooks Non-Profit is an excellent choice for nonprofit accounting. IT is very easy to enter information, make adjustments and run reports. As a nonprofit, we are constantly generating that information for grants and donors - so it is very easy.

Cons

Managing donor data is easy to a point, if you have another donor database you might run into some difficulty trying to track contributions or donations.

Response from Intuit

I'm beyond pleased to see how easy QuickBooks has made managing your organization, and appreciate the review. With this said. I'd like to discuss which point the donor database gives you trouble. Because the system easily integrates with other programs, I'll find steps you can take to keep tracking simple. Could you send me an email directly at [email protected]? I'll dig right in, and look forward to hearing from you.

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 18/06/2018
Korbin D.

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

Finances In A Jiffy!

I love the product. They are always improving and updating the software. The improvements only take moments to upload and they always offer quick tutorials on any changes. I love it!

Pros

I love the ease of use. We use this software for our non-profit and have found it to be an accurate way to record all of our financial transactions and support our info with really great reports.

Cons

I really would have to knit pick in order find something which i do not like about Quickbooks Non-profit. I had my own insecurities about using it when i started, but QB made it easy to learn.