About QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks Online Advanced is a cloud-based accounting solution that helps small to large enterprises manage expenses, projects, invoices and more. It comes with a centralized dashboard, which enables users to gain insights into...

Browse QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

Ali H.

Reviewed on 12/05/2021

QuickBooks Online Review

Over multiple software I tried, I concluded that it's the best to use for financial record ( we have been using Quickbooks desktop enterprise and SAP )

Pros

How easyyou can create invoice and receipt, and how easy is to imlement.
Most importantly is that all data are on the cloud so they are protected.
also the technical support are very helpful and easy to reach.

Cons

The formats of print template, it's very hard to create a custom template specially if you are trying to create A5 template as in my case

SAP HANA Cloud and SAP Business One

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

to have better protection for the company file

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

SAP Hanna Cloud was very hard to implement in my area (Liberia), and SAP Business One is like QB desktop (no cloud services)
Rachel G.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

Easy to use and ongoing training is great

Pros

Easy to use, multiple reports and customized reports available. Help center is full of ongoing training to learn new features and functionality.

Cons

Nothing. Integration is easy, adding new accounts simple. Makes my job easier and allows for more time to focus on other tasks. Simple functionality that doesn't get bogged down.

Joe M.
  • Industry: Wholesale

The Best Option Out There

We were doing all of our accounting manually before and it got to a point where we could not keep up. Now none of our upcoming expenses are a surprise and we know with great accuracy what our financial position is while we are determining if an opportunity is right for us.

Pros

I like that it is universally used so no matter how many different financial professionals from how many different companies I have to deal with they are familiar with the software so there is no learning or teaching curve there.

Cons

The biggest flaw I would say is when a new 3rd party program comes out that works well with my business Quickbooks seems to lag behind in having some kind of integration available. Ideally I would like all my softwares so integrate with Quickbooks so that I can use the full power of the system.

Xero

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Because Xero is new and if it catches on that will take years, Quickbooks is THE accounting software and I feel like it always will be.

Top QuickBooks Online Advanced Alternatives

Michael L.

QBO Improving

We experience little downtime, despite some slowing of speeds. We're impressed with QBO at this time.

Pros

Many new features being updated regularly. Does what we need it to do.

Cons

Speed improvements as our file grows is very important.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Cloud-based computing was very important in our decision. A company we know that would be around and continue to improve.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Cloud-based computing is the main reason we switched from Enterprise.
Theresa K.

Reviewed on 01/09/2019

QuickBooks Nonprofit

Pros

Could not do my job without it. QuickBooks is easy and intuitive to use, and it's easy to fix or undo mistakes. I can't imagine doing the bookkeeping any other way. Since it is so widely used, there are plenty of classes and tutorials available. I love the specific nonprofit features, such as classes.

Cons

Still impossible to do true fund accounting with Quickbooks. We use classes for each program and subclasses for each project, which is a lot of work but is necessary to properly track our employees' time. Producing a correct balance sheet by class is technically possible but very difficult and prone to error.

Response from Intuit

Sharing the workload to make your job easier is our goal, Theresa! We think it's awesome you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for all of your bookkeeping needs and that we've been a key component of your day to day business life. To learn tips and tricks on how other non-profit organizations are getting the most out of the software, we recommend checking out the Community: https://community.intuit.com/

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us!

Replied 05/09/2019
Maanav M.

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

A central part of our business

Quickbooks Advanced is an excellent product that is a central part of our business and I make use of the application everyday. If you are looking for an easy to use accounting software that can scale with your business and provides the reports that help you make actionable decisions.

Pros

1. Easy to use
2. Excellent reporting functionality
3. Excellent Support
4. CC Payments

Cons

1. No way to limit/hide functionality we do not use
2. Limited without being on the Advanced version
3. Limited invoice follow up options
4. Private branding

FreshBooks and Xero
Kiersten M.

Must for growing companies

Pros

I love the new reporting features and the biggest reason I needed to upgrade was I needed to allow more people access to do invoices and estimates.

Cons

The pricing is a little high. I have not had enough time to really analyze all the new features and if this is really worth the price increase.

Tara G.

QBO Review

Pros

I love the accessibility from home, work, on the road. It has helped so much with our business. Compared to Desktop, I like the reconciliation process better through QBO.

Cons

Sometimes getting where I want to be, links aren't where I think they should be, or I can't find what I am looking for. But being a new user, I am still getting used to the layout compared to Desktop.

Sharon S.

Reviewed on 02/06/2019

Excellent Software

Pros

Quickbooks Nonprofit is an excellent software. Granted it does take a while to learn how to customize individual reports, but I have been using it for years and it I can't think of a more straight forward software to use for nonprofit clients.

Cons

Quickbooks tends to slow down the laptop a touch.

Response from Intuit

Excellent and straight forward are descriptions we aim for, Sharon, and we love knowing this is what you think of QuickBooks! You can continue to depend on us to help with all of your non-profit's bookkeeping needs. We recommend this article to keep everything running at optimal performance: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/How-do-I-clear-my-browser-cache-and-temporary-Internet-files/m-p/186420

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review.

Replied 30/08/2019
Jackie L.

PINE BELT ENERGY SERVICES LLC LOVES QBO

JOB COST TRACKING WAS MY BIGGEST ISSUE BEFORE THE PROJECTS WERE ADDED.

Pros

THE PROJECTS SECTION MAKES JOB COST TRACKING SO EASY. I LIKE THAT I CAN UPLOAD JOB DOCUMENTS TO EACH TRANSACTION.

Cons

I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO ADD MORE JOB DETAILS IN THE PROJECT SECTION. WE HAVE MULTIPLE PROJECTS FOR EACH CUSTOMER. EACH PROJECT HAS START-UP INFORMATION, SOMETIMES DIFFERENT THAN THE CUSTOMER INFORMATION. I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO ENTER THIS. IT WOULD BE NICE TO ASSIGN AN AFE/PO NUMBER TO A PROJECT AND IT ENTER AUTOMATICALLY TO THE INVOICE WHEN PROJECT TITLE IS ENTERED.

Chris H.
  • Industry: Printing

Great for Small Business

Pros

I enjoy how I can access my company profile from anywhere. It allows me to send invoices and bills even when I'm not in the office.

Cons

It seems that QBO lacks some of the form customization that we would like and we have some reliability issues.

Tom H.

Love QuickBooks

Have solid financial reports and management ability

Pros

Super easy to use, great reports, love it!

Cons

Wish there was progressive invoicing. Start with Sales order and not recognize the revenue until the sales order is turned into an invoice. Have prepayments against the order.

Katy G.

QB for Oil and Gas

Overall I have a good experience. Not perfect.

Pros

My favorite feature is that I can connect QB to our bank accounts and download transactions daily rather than at the end of the month.

Cons

I wish that QB had industry specific software, for example oil and gas. I do not use 50% of the features because we do not need them. But then there are some features I wish we had.

Daniel M.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 18/06/2018

Overall, QuickBooks is a really helpful accounting software

It is very easy to use and accurate!

Pros

Makes it easy to make invoices and donation statements. Nice way to see customer history and keep up with who owes money and who doesn't.

Cons

Direct deposit and tax payment services are kind of pricy. We changed to a different software due to the cost. A lot of times when we have to call tech support it is hard to understand the tech. I know this is farmed out overseas and that is fine, but would be nice if phone connections were better and accents weren't so thick.

Spencer L.

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

Overpriced compared to alternatives

Pros

Quickbooks is an easy to use online system that makes keeping track of accounting software straight forward.

Cons

Quickbooks is over priced as compared to other alternatives- with several LLCs the monthly cost became quite unaffordable. When trying to work with Quickbooks on the cost, their customer case team was not interested in my concerns and only cared with new sales. I left Quickbooks for a better platform and have never looked back

Quandra T.

Adds Professionalism

It definitely added more professionalism to our local family owned business and helped make the business a little easier to run. The customer support does seem to take awhile to get someone on the phone and then actually get a resolution.

James M.

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

Finance/Bookkeeping with confidence!

Wonderful program and easy to use. Many different ways to save time and money using QuickBooks Non-Profit!

Pros

We love that you can track all spending and deposits through QuickBooks Non-Profit all in one place. Very easy to use and being able to print our own checks has been a great benefit.

Cons

There is nothing we can report that QuickBooks Non-Profit has that we don't like. We are grateful for a program the fits the needs of a Non-Profit!

Amy M.

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Great software for accounting!

We are able to quickly invoice customers and send it to them directly. Our collections process has been made simpler because of the program.

Pros

I really enjoy the functionality of QBO advanced and being able to access my financials on my mobile app makes things so much easier. I have the ability to customize any feature of the software to fit my business needs. I especially appreciate that when I run into an issue I am not familiar with I can easily find the solution without having to call customer support.

Cons

There is not much I can say I did not like about the software.

Jan D.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Easy to Use

This system saves a ton of time based on what I used to have to do to generate the same information.

Pros

The software is so easy to use and has a very easy reporting system that creates all different types of reports.

Cons

What I like least about this software is actually nothing. Honestly, it's a very easy format to use.

Justin G.

Reviewed on 07/09/2021

Staple for any business

Overall this is a great software for small businesses and helps you record day-to-day expenses and create invoices and pay bills.

Pros

QuickBooks advance is one of the staples for any accounting softwares. The advanced program allows more features that make bookkeeping a breeze.

Cons

Even though QuickBook advance has more features than some of the other versions if you are a larger company you may want to move on.

Eric M.

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

As a General Contractor I wouldn't recommend

Frustrating

Pros

Nothing really. We used to have QB desktop and it was pretty solid, but it was clunky for our remote accountant to access the desktop version (possible, just challenging for only our accountant or we could be on the desktop version at a time). Otherwise it the desktop version was great.

Cons

Where do I start. Customer service knows 'zero' about the construction industry hence can't relate to questions regarding simple things such as sub-contractor W9 and certificate of insurance (COI) storage. QB desktop has a place for input of COI storage with the addition of 'reminders' when a sub's COI expires. The online version has nothing for this (and this is a big deal for a growing general contractor - keeping track of COI manually is a huge pain). Also, when adding a project (location) for an Existing customer one would think you could go into an Existing customer profile to create a new project - but no, you have to create an entirely new CUSTOMER to do this, when all you are doing is adding a project to an existing Customer. It's baffling. Our accountant also doesn't like QB online and commented it was designed by website designers - not accountants. I agree. We're looking for new accounting software.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 21/06/2019

Kudos to Quickbooks

Pros

Great way to track income and expenses for our small non-profit organization. Quickbooks is a well-established and recognized name that is trustworthy and reputable. The software is stable and reasonably easy to use, considering its scope.

Cons

Getting it setup can be a bit intimidating if you're not familiar with accounting terminology.

Response from Intuit

Referring to us as trustworthy and reputable is music to our ears! We're happy to assist you with tracking income and expenses for your organization. To learn tips and tricks on setting up your account, we recommend checking out our video tutorials (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). To get familiar with accounting lingo, we invite you to check out our Community page: https://community.intuit.com/

Thanks for a great review!

Replied 19/08/2019
Michelle H.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

Great experience

Pros

- All of the basics are here! Even has nonprofit-specific reports. Any CRM should integrate with Quickbooks seamlessly.

Cons

- To use the Nonprofit-specific reports, you must be using customers (donors). Some CRM's do not import with customers here (for example, one organization I work with's CRM imports the donor name into the Memo field, so the nonprofit reports are useless to them).

Mark B.

QBO assessment

The reporting selection and functionality has been helpful to our company as you can easily pull various reports to access the health of the company and its financial position.

Pros

All general ledger information in one place with a useful internal reporting selection.

Cons

In some instances, it can be tricky to fully understand the ramifications of some entries and/or changes made when working in QBO.

Sara F.

Reviewed on 28/03/2017

The Online Version of QuickBooks Is AMAZING!

Pros

As a small nonprofit, the ability to collaborate with our contracted accountant, auditor, and board treasurer virtually has been incredible. This central access for many of us has transformed our accounting practices including our payroll.

Cons

It was a little difficult at first to set up payroll tax payment processing but once we figured it out with customer service, it's been smooth sailing.