About Capsule

Capsule from Zestia is a cloud-based CRM application that enables small and midsize organizations to keep track of the people and organizations they do business with, along with their interactions and opportunities in the sales...

Browse Capsule Reviews

Jeff
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 21/07/2022

One of the applications I run my business on

This is one of three applications that I am in daily. I couldn’t have grown my business without it.

Pros

I like how you can have separate contacts, organizations, and opportunities but that you can connect them all. Unlike some contact management tools, this gives you a ton of flexibility in tracking interactions and todos.

Cons

I wish there were a way to attach the same individual to multiple organizations. There is a workaround by embedding a URL in the info for each entity, but it would be nice to be able to see an individual and separate out the different communications based on the organization they are involved with.

Response from Zestia

Hi there Jeff,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review - we really appreciate it. We're so glad to hear Capsule gives you the flexibility you need to track tasks and interactions. We're sorry we don't have better news on attaching the same individual to multiple organisations but we're happy to hear that it's helped you grow your business anyway.

Replied 09/08/2022
Robert

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

A simple CRM that allowed us to hit the ground running

Overall I have been pleasantly surprised. I at first thought the system would be too underpowered for what we needed, but it has actually delivered on what we have needed and the simplicity of changing things has allowed us to easily experiment with our processes until we have things right. It has suited our small team very well - and I look forward to seeing how well it scales with us.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the system. It was very quick and easy both to setup (and make changes to) and then to use the system. It has been very easy to train new employees on. The system has some good power around workflows - which have helped us lock down our processes and helped new staff to follow them. It has a good integration with Xero which has saved us a lot of time and has just released an integration into a mail campaign tool (Transpond) which looks to be a nice added bonus.

Cons

The system doesn't have a document generation tool (so you need to generate invoices and quotes in a separate system). It also is comparatively underpowered in the reports you can generate (even when you upgrade to the higher tiers that have additional reporting functionality). You can export full data sets to CSV - so we have built what we needed in Excel, but it would be nice to have it saved as reports and visualisations in the system. There also isn't the flexibility around notifications that I am previously used to (and so we have had to adjust the workflows a little).

Salesforce Essentials

Reasons for Switching to Capsule

The initial price point was cheaper for Capsule (about half the price of Salesforce) - and I and other key staff members of the team had experience of setting up Salesforce and found that there was just a lot more to do before you could start using the system (and another step change of work before you could start using it again).

Response from Zestia

Hi Robert,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a detailed review - it really helps our team when we receive first-hand feedback. We're so happy to hear that Capsule is helping your business and saving you time in a variety of ways. We've also taken onboard your feedback regarding document generation, reports and notifications. If anything should change on any of those fronts - you'll be the first to know. Regardless, we're very happy that you've been surprised by Capsule and look forward to helping your business scale in the future.

Replied 09/08/2022

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Features and Format Lacking, Good for the Basics

Overall, Capsule seems middle-of-the-road. It's been useful as a database to keep our pipeline and outreach organized at a base level but hasn't impressed beyond that.

Pros

The ability to export to Mailchimp has been very useful, it allows us to immediately update lists without having to go through multiple extra steps.

Cons

Certain features I'm used to in a CRM are missing. The only way to correlate multiple organizations (as a subsidiary or similar case) is to make a note of it in the organization description and that doesn't link through. You're also unable to categorize a contact under multiple organizations, so you need to create a new person with the same name if you want to put them under more than one company.

It would also be nice to have a better search and reporting function. The only things you can search for are the person, organization, case, and note content, so every other bit of information you'd like to search for and compile must be placed as a tag, which gets clunky and disorganized easily. There is some sales pipeline reporting, but the options are not as robust as other CRM systems I've used in the past.

Top Capsule Alternatives

Thomas

Reviewed on 29/06/2022

Capsule CRM - great product

The ability to track your sales pipeline and customize the stages and categories has been the most valuable part.

Pros

Capsule CRM is great for a small business CRM. We use it primarily for contact management and sales pipeline tracking. We love the Outlook integration so that it stores your email activity. Also, the ability to customize your own categories for contacts, customers and the stages of your sales cycle -- all of this is great.

Cons

I don't really use the calendar feature, but that's not to say it wouldn't be useful if someone wanted that option.

I think the only potential drawback some may have is that Hubspot has their free version, which has some similar functionality to Capsule CRM. However, what is GREAT about Capsule is its simplicity. We also looked at Hubspot, but it was overly complex for our small business needs.

Response from Zestia

Hi Thomas,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad to hear that Capsule suits your needs and is helping you to manage your sales efficiently.

Replied 15/07/2022
Jesse
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

Capsule is simple to use and just the right number of features

I've been using Capsule for several months and I am very happy. Occasionally I try other apps just to see, but none of them are as easy to use. Capsule feels like a gem of a CRM in a field crowded with lots of apps. If you need reminders of who to follow up with and when, Capsule does that really well—and can grow with you as you grow. Next year I'll likely need to upgrade from the free level, and I'll gladly do so.

Pros

As a service provider I have a lot of contacts to track. I tried several CRMs (Hubspot, Monday, etc) but none were as simple to use as Capsule. I had basic needs: track new contacts and set reminders to follow up. While other apps had those features alongside dozens of other tools, Capsule made it very easy to start tracking and reminding right away. And that's on a free level!

The Gmail extension works really well and makes adding tasks quick and easy.

Cons

If I was nitpicky, I'd say maybe a more modern design. But it's not strictly utilitarian, and it's simplicity makes it easy to do what I need.

Pipedrive, Sendinblue, monday.com and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Capsule

Other CRMs were pretty complicated for what I needed. I first tried Hubspot, but I was lost in all the features. All I needed to do was set reminders to follow up with people. While the other CRMs do that, it felt like I had to swim through a dozen other features to get there. I was able to start using Capsule immediately and knew exactly what to do. And with the Gmail extension, it's even simpler.

Response from Zestia

Hi Jesse,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review - that's really going to help other people considering Capsule. We're happy to hear that you're finding Capsule so easy to use, especially compared to alternatives you considered and that it's helping you to do what you need to.

Replied 11/01/2022
Peter

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

wonderful Software for every business

The software is simple to use, it has a wide range of tools that you can use. However, the great thing you dont have to use all the features and they are hidden away, so they dont affect your everyday usage. Incredibly for this type of software and all the tools you can access, it is incredibly affordable for personal, small business or large companies. We really love the product

Pros

We have used this software for over five years. We used to use act and were reluctant to move to another provider. We moved because we could use the software on all forms of devices, anywhere in the world. The other great feature is that it is so simple to use, you hardly need any training at all

Cons

Actually we love it, so we dont really have anything negative to say

Response from Zestia

Hi Peter,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for reviewing us! We're so happy to hear that Capsule has worked out for you!

Replied 24/11/2020
REBECCA

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Capsule Review

Pros

Very easy to set up
Easy and intuitive to use
It is flexible enough so that it can be moulded around a requirement or purpose, even if that function isn't immediately obvious.
The support staff are great at coming up with solutions and work arounds
Support staff are very quick to respond.
The close links with Mailchimp and Zapier are great and really easy to merge different systems.

Cons

You can't 'drag and drop' documents from the system to emails.
There's no 'pre-opportunity' stage - i.e. no way of registering an interest in a product (linking a client and product or organisation) without it being a formal 'opportunity' - there needs to be a 'pre-opportunity' facility to ease admin in the system.
There's no way of retaining a record of a meeting in the calendar.
There's no one to stand behind my husband and remind him to record notes in the system! :-)

Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Capsule

it worked better for our requirements, customer support was personal and significantly better and the price was better.

Response from Zestia

Hi Rebecca,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for your review - I'll be sure to pass on your feedback to our team. As for the pre-opportunity problem, you could use a Case for that and then you can link that case to an Opportunity if it does move into the pipeline. That way you can have a clear record of it, but it isn't impacting conversion rates or anything like that. You can read more about Cases here:
https://capsulecrm.com/support/projects-and-events/understanding-cases/. While you can't see your past tasks in the Calendar, you can go to the task list view and filter for completed tasks. Here you'll be able to see a list of everything that's been completed. While we can't put someone behind your husband and nudge him - you could set up a task for a certain time each day that recurs every week (5 recurring tasks), basically just as a prod to remind him to add notes? I hope that gives you some tips and if you need any extra support you can always reach out to us.

Replied 16/10/2020
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Quick and useful to get ourselves organised but the limitations are starting to show

It's our 2nd management tool - the first one was overly complicated and this is quite simple
The Dropbox solution is a bit of a fudge but it works most of the time.
The tasks system and visual customisation leave a lot to be desired.

Pros

It's fast and simple, a young British company. which we wanted to support.
Its online and accessible on an app
It does a lot of what we originally needed

Cons

The tasks and the layout - lack of customisation - colours or icons - fields can be hard to identify at a glance.
Starts to get expensive with more users - if I could role out viewing to my whole team (no input) it would be handy - but i can't justify £300 a month
We no longer use the sales side - that didn't really work for our company - now just use the contacts, tasks, recording of data

Peter
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reviewed on 04/11/2020

Best CRM I've ever used

Peace of mind for my business

Pros

Visual presentation of the data, ease of access, monthly subscription, data capture, project tracking, email link capability, mobile access.

Cons

The CRM had no functions that I disliked

Act!, Salesforce Sales Cloud and SugarCRM

Reasons for Switching to Capsule

All other products were too complex with difficult to set up daily interactions

Response from Zestia

Hi Peter,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time out to write a review about Capsule - we're really glad it's helping your business!

Replied 10/11/2020

Reviewed on 12/06/2022

Thoughts and opinions on Capsule CRM

The Free CRM segment of this market is flooded with products which promise a lot but deliver very little - then attempt to extort money for what was billed as a free service. Capsule's most redeeming feature is that it works and it really is free to use - integrity like this is a BIG plus for a business like ours.

Pros

I like the fact that it's very easy to set up. Adding new contacts and their respective organizations is swift and seamless. What I like most about Capsule is that it is a proper CRM system which is made available to small businesses free of charge - when we've grown enough to warrant spending money on CRM - Capsule has already crossed the finishing line.

Cons

There are some GUI flaws which make navigation a little difficult, but these are merely tweaks to what is a robust and simple-to-use system.

Response from Zestia

Hi David,

Chloe from Capsule here. We're really pleased to hear that you're enjoying using Capsule and that it's helpful for your business.

Replied 20/06/2022
Dave
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 07/09/2020

Simple and Functional

My needs for tracking client opportunities are simple and this CRM does everything I need of it. I mainly use it for recording my meetings and coaching sessions with my clients. This functionality is easy to use and it is easy to search clients later to see what was last talked about.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to set up, very simple to use and I like it's integration with Xero.

Cons

Sending email from the system get stored in dropbox, not ideal if you don't use dropbox

Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Capsule

it was the easiest to use and the price point was great.

Response from Zestia

Hi Dave,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for your feedback - we're glad you like the integration with Xero. In terms of the Drop Box I have good news as the Capsule Drop Box is not the same as the file storage service Dropbox.com. The Capsule Drop Box is effectively an email address that you use to BCC or forward your emails to which in turn stores them against the relevant contact in your Capsule account. This is what non-google users use for storing emails. You can learn more about storing emails using the Capsule Mail Drop Box here: https://capsulecrm.com/support/setup-and-configuration/storing-emails/#understanding-the-mail-drop-box.
If they are finding that emails aren't being stored on their contacts as expected, could you please email [email protected] and we can investigate further.

Replied 14/09/2020
Beth
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Best in Class CRM

I originally acquired Capsule to keep track of customers, potential customers, task management, and event management for a coaching and education business. I continue to track coaching clients in the software, but now I primarily use it for event and task management for a grassroots nonprofit.

Pros

Capsule is a CRM system that delivers excellent support for a small cost. It is more customizable and has more features and greater ease of use than others in its price range. It was fairly easy to set up, customize, and learn using the provided guides and the responsive customer service team. It easily supports tracking of all actions related to an entity in one place. It has a number of built-in APIs for integration with email marketing tools and other applications. I really appreciate the task tracking, the ability to track potential customers through a customizable sales funnel, and the capacity for creating cases for tracking interactions with related to a particular person, organization, or project. I also like the ease with which I can create my own "tracks" for processes that I often repeat.

Cons

The things I would want in a CRM application that are not present in Capsule are all things for which I would expect to spend more money. For example, if I were to spend more money on a CRM, I would look for one that includes volunteer sign up forms and the ability for donors to manage their own profiles and track their own donations. It is a pretty simple tool, but again, very robust for the price.

Best fit for our needs
Bill

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

Quick to set up and start getting results

I've used Capsule for several years, as both a free and paid subscriber. It fits like a glove. Does what I need, doesn't force me into a different way of working, has been reliable (if it's ever been down, it wasn't any time I accessed it.) The company is actively developing it.

I have used at least a dozen small-business CRM systems. Capsule is like my favorite pair of jeans -- it fits, never gets in the way, and makes me look good!

Pros

Capsule is a good fit for my business. I'm a sole prop. consultant. I need to stay on top of my relationships with each customer to exceed their expectations. With Capsule on my laptop and phone, I can refer to past interactions and update with new ones in real time. With Capsule, I can create my own custom "tracks", action step lists to follow for any process in my sales or support functions. I can create my own custom fields and color-coded tags.

There are a good number of integrations with other web apps, you just have to see if yours is on the list. I use it with Harvest for time recording and Xero accounting. They also offer a good API. It took me an evening to write a script to copy every action logged in Harvest into the customer notes in Capsule.

I have no use for the team collaborative aspects of Capsule so can't comment on them.

Cons

The only complaint I have is a minor one - I liked the calendar task view better before the recent update. Now I can't see all my tasks for the month at once, it truncates after 3 or 4 on any given date, and hides the rest. I can still view all the tasks for a day by clicking on it, but it's a slower way to reorganize on a grand scale.

Sheron
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

Great Easy To Use Affordable CRM

I have been using Capsue since 2017 and to date I have had no issues with the software even it was updated.

Pros

Easy to use. Price. Date Stamp. Search by name, keyword or phone number. You can up load documents to a specific contact. You can separate contacts using tags. Notes easy to edit. Beginner friendly. Generous Free account. It has an app that syncs perfectly with the online account.

Cons

So far the online has everything I need. I have no complaints. The app could add search by phone number. It would help when a client calls I could search the phone number and address them by name if they are found in my CRM the same way I do when working from my lap top from home

Response from Zestia

Hi Sheron,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review about Capsule. We're glad to hear you're finding Capsule easy to use and love its features. You might be happy to hear that you can search phone numbers in the app. You can find out more about that here: https://capsulecrm.com/support/mobile-apps/capsule-mobile-app/#how-to-use-contacts-in-the-mobile-app. Also, if you have an iPhone we do have CallerID in the app. The Caller ID feature will display your Contact's name so you'll never need to guess who is on the other end of the incoming call - you can find out more information about Caller ID here https://capsulecrm.com/support/mobile-apps/capsule-mobile-app/#caller-id. I hope that help you out.

Replied 15/12/2020
Arlène

Reviewed on 14/08/2021

A simple but powerful CRM platform

Pros

The one thing I like the most about Capsule is its simplicity. It might not have all the "bells and whistles" that other CRM platforms have but it does its job.

The sales pipeline, for example, it is very good because it is intuitive and gives you the key information you need for lead generation and sales – including clear analytics that show you how things have been going.

Another thing I am a fan of are Capsule's tasks and their automation. Simply lay out a process and break it into steps, or tasks, and have each one become active once the task that came before has been completed. For me, a mobile app is something I always look at when picking up a tool, so it was great to see that Capsule does have one, which means that I can work even when I am not at my computer.

Cons

While Capsule has a free plan, it comes with a contacts limit that you are likely going to hit in a few months. This may not seem like a problem when you are getting started but it may turn out to be a bit of an issue if you decide to opt for a different CRM solution and need to migrate everything from Capsule.

Also, keep in mind that Capsule might not have some features you may want a CRM to have so I would suggest looking at its features list carefully before signing up.

Response from Zestia

Hi Arlene,

Thanks for writing a review about Capsule. We really love hearing how our customers appreciate how simple and intuitive it is to use. I'll be sure to let the team know the mobile app and the tasks features are really useful to you!

Replied 24/08/2021
Linda
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 21/09/2020

Use it daily and recommend it to all my clients

I recommend Capsule to clients for simple efficiency. Just getting your tasks sorted according to client or project is a huge benefit and Capsule, to me, is much more intuitive than something like Asana

Pros

For me, task and workflow management make life much easier. No more remembering important calls or actions; they just come up in your dashboard. This is especially relevant when you're toggling several clients at the same time.

Cons

The pipeline forecast graph (revenue forecasted per month) never seems to be correct and I've not been able to figure out how to fix it. This area could be more foolproof.
Also, I never look at the latest updates on the 'home' screen even though it takes up most of the space. Imo, this could be replaced with relevant data like the pipeline graph. Better yet, make this a customisable widget area so people can choose what would work best for them.

Response from Zestia

Hi Linda,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review about your experience with Capsule. We're happy to hear the task and workflow management is helping you out. We have been asked about customising the dashboard before so it's on our radar and we will record your interest against this feature request. If you would like some more help with the pipeline forecast could you send us an email at [email protected] then we can answer any questions you might have about that there?

Replied 01/10/2020
Edo
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 13/04/2017

Finaly a solution for my needs!

For last few years I had a problem with my comunication with old and new clients. Too many pressure and too much information noise casued a problem of following up possible new clients and opportunities.
My first solution was standard PIM software. Soon I discovered that only part of my problems were solved. Problems that become so evident were following up new opportunities and contacts history. I found some other partial solutions for these problems but was necessary to work, mantain and balance with diferent solutions, multiple insertions of same data and so on. Looking for better solution I got to start with some offline CRM solutions, and I tested several ones. Every program had some part that were interesting to me but neither had all of options that I was looking for. Some prgrams were fantastic but expensive or they needed dedicatd servers. Most of them had so many options that I don't need for my work and can be applied in some other sectors.
Finally, on one webpage that was doing reviews of buisiness software there was a list of several on-line CRM solutions and so I decided to try some of them. As 3rd, or 4th, started with CAPSULE CRM.
Everything that I needed was there: database of contacts, history (well done), opportunities,...Also flexibility for procedures and all sorf of extra activities was there. PERFECT. Mobile apps is must have when You are out of the office.
Today on my computers 2 web pages are always ON during work time: webmail and CAPSULE.

Pros

Free version is mostly perfect for my needs. Contacts database, contacts history, opportunities creating and following, procedure design and editor, flexibility.

Cons

Free version have a limit to 250 contacts.

Ilia

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Pretty good.

Overall experience was positive. It's a solution that I recommend to people.

Pros

What initially attracted us to this CRM was its cost effectiveness. I was impressed by how easy it was to deploy and run. The mobile app was pretty solid, easy to use and probably better or on par with some of the other (more expensive) CRM apps I've used. ~Capsule also had a decent project management function.

Cons

I think we had some trouble when trying to connect to Mail Chimp. From memory it took a long time to get it right.

Zoho CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Response from Zestia

Hi Ilia,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you found Capsule easy to deploy and are enjoying using the mobile app. If you ever need any help for example setting up integrations then don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected]

Replied 16/02/2021
Paula
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 02/10/2020

Easy to use and great for quote tracking

Excellent thank you

Pros

I find Capsule really easy to use and manage all my quotes, leads and follow-ups on it.
I like that you can have custom fields too, helps for tracking.
I have used the system for the last 5 years.

Cons

I don't understand what the cases are??

Response from Zestia

Hi Paula,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review - we really appreciate it. It's always nice to hear that Capsule is easy to use and is helping people to manage leads.

In a nutshell a Case is a storage area or folder where you can keep everything related to a particular project or event that you're working on holding all the relevant information, tasks and history in a common place.

Cases are one of the most versatile features within Capsule, giving you flexibility to set up different processes and workflows and store a wide variety of information. A Case gives you easy access to share everything you need for your day to day work rather than storing it across several systems (and filing cabinets). Our support docs feature quite a comprehensive guide to Cases which might help you figure out if they would be suitable for you to use. You can find that here: https://capsulecrm.com/support/projects-and-events/. Do you think these could work for you?

Replied 03/11/2020
Reuben

Reviewed on 26/04/2017

Bang-for-buck the best CRM for Xero

Pros

Capsule does everything a CRM should:
- All of your organisation and contact information in one place
- Heaps of available integrations including MailChimp and Xero
- Mobile app for capturing new leads
- Customisable opportunity management
- Customisable case (ticket) management
- Email integration makes tracking email correspondence easy
- Custom fields allow you to update your

Cons

Capsule has several weaknesses you should be aware of:
- The opportunity management is customisable but fairly basic. Its great if you currently have no visibility of your pipeline, stages, value, probability or timeframes. There are apps out there that do these features better but not with all the other great stuff Capsule can do at the same price point.
- Capsule is not a marketing automation tool but will help with your marketing
- Capsule is not a sales pipeline tool but will improve your pipeline visibility
- Capsule is not an email client
- Capsule is not your accounts receivable management tool but will improve your collections

Dolan
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

Capsule Feedback

Not a bad system for the price we are paying.

Pros

Fairly easy to use along with the cheap cost

Cons

The integration with Quickbooks is not the best to be honest. We have had to disable the interaction as it was changing the records we had originally set up in Quickbooks. Also was not a simple click of a button to see the previous sales, you have to continuously sign into quickbooks when you want to see records, a bit pointless really.

Response from Zestia

Hi Dolan,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're glad you're finding Capsule easy to use and good value for money. Sorry to hear that our QuickBooks integration isn't quite what you expected. When setting up the integration any information in Capsule and QuickBooks should match otherwise Capsule would overwrite any differences. After that, the integration will push any changes in Capsule to QuickBooks as it treats Capsule as the source of truth so it's best to always make changes in Capsule. As long as you are logged into QuickBooks the link to open in QuickBooks will work. This is so that Capsule users who aren't QuickBooks users can't click through and access all the data in your QuickBooks account. If you'd like any more help or support with QuickBooks or Capsule in general our support team are always happy to help. You can reach them at [email protected]

Replied 13/04/2021
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

Needed convincing to use Capsule, but no a convert!

Pros

Honestly, I was sceptical about using Capsule when it first came along. I couldn’t see how tracking tasks or cases could benefit my work. I saw it as another thing I had to do, day to day. I thought the main reason for getting it was to track the relationships, conversations and connections between partners. Since I’ve been using Capsule, I’ve found it really useful for those things. I can check who and what people have been talking to partners about and I can use it to track my own conversations with partners. It’s like creating a story of those relationships. I still don’t use the tasks or cases, but maybe that will come at some point

Cons

As above.
In addition, I would like a feature where you can search for a contact and then add them to a list without having to create a task or tag. That would be good.

Response from Zestia

Hi Mark,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review. We're glad that we've won you over and that you're finding Capsule useful. Also, thanks for your suggestion about searching and adding contacts to lists - I've added you as a +1 for this feature request.

Replied 06/04/2021
Andre

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

EASY AS PIE

has been great to work with and easy to operate

Pros

Super easy to start using , the pipeline is the best way to keep track of sales process and visually easy to keep track of

Cons

I feel it needs to automatically remind me of thing, I use this to track inquiries and sometimes people fall through the cracks. if for some reason I forget to start an opportunity I won't see the customer on the sales pipeline, maybe its just the way im using this.

Response from Zestia

Hi Andre,

Thanks for writing a review and we're glad that you've found Capsule easy to get to grips with. Moving on to creating Opportunities - There's no in-built functionality in Capsule that will automatically create opportunities from new contacts I'm afraid. Our advice is generally to only add an opportunity once the lead has been nurtured or qualified as a viable sales opportunity - this is to prevent your Capsule account filling up with opportunities that never get off the ground. What you're looking to do can be achieved, but it requires the use of a 3rd party tool called Zapier. Are you familiar with Zapier at all? To explain Zapier is what we call an integration platform which connects different services that don't normally have their own integrations with each other and they support Capsule. Check them out here: https://zapier.com
You can create a zap that each time a new contact is added to Capsule it triggers an action of a new opportunity being created.

Replied 03/11/2020
Christopher

Reviewed on 22/01/2021

Capsule is the most efficient CRM available

I use 17+ systems (one for each client) and it makes it so easy to track progress

Pros

Ease of use in tracking conversations, email and contacts

Cons

There are no cons to this software that I have identified

Response from Zestia

Hi Christopher,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that Capsule is helping you to track your contacts and conversations easily.

Replied 27/01/2021
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Relatively Robust, and Affordable!

For our small business (5-10 team members), Capsule provides us with one location to input all of our data. We can track contacts, organizations, and opportunities, as well as opportunity stages and milestones, while customizing categories and notes for all of it. It is incomparably more affordable than any of the other CRMs I've used.

Pros

Capsule serves all its purposes very satisfactorily. It doesn't have very many bells and whistles, or email campaign options like other CRM databases, but it is very useful for logging contact information, making notes, generating tasks, and running reports. You can categorize contacts by organization, people, and deal opportunities, and also by customized tags and custom fields.

Cons

Very few things to dislike. The only way to export contacts with notes is to export the entire database into Excel and sort from there; there is no option within the database's reporting capabilities to generate the notes for specific contacts.

Capsule also does not have email campaign capabilities or drip campaign options, but those are high-price items that only come with the big CRM monsters.