QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

About QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks Enterprise is an accounting solution designed for SMBs across different industry verticals such as construction, nonprofit distribution, manufacturing, and retail. With QB Enterprise solution, any business owner can...

4.1

Browse QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

20,208 of 20,209 reviews
Justin
Justin
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 04/04/2022

Very Good Accounting Software for Small Businesses

It is a good business tool that helped me get a handle on mostly all of my expenses. It has a few buggy integrations which was frustrating. And I really disliked the non batch tagging system. Other than that, I have found it very useful and have used QB for the past 3 years for my taxes. I do not use it to file taxes any longer, as I now have an accountant and I prepare everything in QB first and then work with my accountant to file the taxes. Great for small businesses.

Pros

I like that QB is easy to use and that I can connect mostly all of my accounts to it. However, I was unable to connect my Home Depot credit card for some reason. I have used QB to prepare a profit and loss statement for my accountant. I have painstakingly used this software. I have used it almost on a daily basis, as it helps to give me a clear financial picture of my small business. I can't see myself managing my e-commerce business any other way, since I have many transactions.

Cons

The fact that I cannot group tag transactions. In a business like mine that has thousands of transactions throughout the year, the biggest gripe I have with QB is that I cannot batch select and change the tags. The tags are so important, especially if running multiple businesses, which I was. Since then, I have closed two of those businesses for the very reason that I cannot properly manage it all with one quickbooks account. I thought it would be easy to tag things, however, it truly sucks to have to go one by one. Also, I dislike the "rules" it auto creates because for any new transaction type, it pops up and really slowed me down when I was already having trouble with my tagging and categorizing.

iCloud and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QB is simply the most comprehensive and overall the easiest product to use to account for my small business. I didn't like the other options that I explored and felt that for the money, it was a good way to do all of my business and personal accounting.
Faisal Shafi
Faisal Shafi
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 01/09/2022

Complete Accounting Solution

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise is cloud based software there user can work from anywhere getting real time accounting results. It is suitable for startups and small to medium size enterprises. Quickbooks simplify day to day accounting so a person who does not know more about accounting can use it with little help and get all accounting done including management of payroll, inventory, taxation, and more important financial statements. It enables user to effectively track underlying details and documents by just clicking particularly it empowers user to keep eyes on accruals, account payable, and account payable.

Pros

I love Quickbooks due to its simplicity for setup and using, where we get all accounting done. A straight forward way to automate day to day accounting. It generates all reports required by a user from an accounting software even allows customization. It facilitates to maintain multi organizational setups. On single click, it leads to underlying details, source documents, visualizing each entry.

Cons

Quickbooks do not restrict to edit, delete, or add an entry into back month therefore it may happen that one gets print out of financial statements for a particular month and then do any editing into previous month's transaction then print out will differ than software, even it does not maintain any log to track changes made by user. It does tax management itself but one cannot fully rely on it, user must monitor tax reports before forwarding. It can be works offline therefore at that scenario one cannot enjoy benefits of cloud-based software, further it supports only Windows operating system.

Kimberli

Reviewed on 29/02/2024

Great Invoicing product to use

Great and very convenient system to use for client invoicing and for generating reports.

Pros

I like the different views you can have within the system. How easy it is to convert to different types of templates with just one click of a button. How you you can modify reports to your liking is super convenient.

Cons

The lag time in switching between the menu items could use some help. There are times, I have to refresh or click another menu item for it to start working on my desktop

Top QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Alternatives

MIP Fund Accounting

Microsoft Project

RUN Powered by ADP

Jillian
Jillian

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Beware before importing transactions! There's no way to bulk delete them!

My bad experience erased all the good that could've come from Quickbooks. I just wasted two years of bookkeeping, two weeks of non-stop work in QBs preparing my 2017 Tax return that is on extension and I'm now going to get penalty fees from the IRS. They can't pay me for those fees and they can't give me back my time, but the least they can do is refund me for the two years of service fees that their representatives have rendered useless to me. I can't get any higher than a Supervisor Kayson in the Accounting Dept. I've begged and pleaded and told her that I know Quickbooks doesn't want this for their customers and that they should be informed of this disaster to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else and she refused, after begging for almost an hour, she said there was no one higher she could pass me onto. It just can't be possible, but that's how I was treated when the worst possible thing could happen to me and my business. It's not worth the risk. Please do your research and make sure this doesn't happen to you!

Pros

No pun intended, but for the features that actually work well, they are very intuitive. They accommodate such a huge range of detail and diversity in what each business would require. Beautiful interface.

Cons

No one should use this product if you have to import a lot of transactions! 1. There is no way to batch delete transactions that you may import by mistake or that you decide later on you don't want (which is likely to happen because once you get over the learning curve and figure out how you want to use the software, you may have entered data that you no longer want). I found this out the hard way. After two years of data was entered, I was encountering issues related to how I originally added the transactions to my register and that I needed help fixing. But then multiple representatives kept only solving small portions of the problem. After the fourth or fifth rep saw my issue, she said that I had to start all over again entering two years of data into QBs. She had me disconnect my bank accounts, then "delete" them from the Chart of Accounts. This makes the account "inactive" BUT she failed to tell me that those transactions would never actually go away. They stay there in the background and mess up your reports. So because she had me then reconnect all my accounts and re-import two years of data for me to start over again, it essentially duplicated every transaction (thousands of them). Now my only option is to either manually delete every duplicate, which is not possible OR cancel my acct, create a new one and start over again. All the reps and supervisors I have spoken to have blocked me from anyone higher in the company. They refuse to refund me for any more than 1 mo.

Response from Intuit

Hi Jullian. You've been through quite the ordeal, so I appreciate you leaving this honest and thorough review. I want to exhaust my resources to turn this around, so please know I have the tools and visibility to help. I encourage you to reach out to me at your earliest convenience ([email protected]). That's my inbox, and I'd like to dig into your account and ensure these data entry and import issues are cleared away once and for all. I'll help you do so with the least amount of strain on you and your time, as I realize you have a thousand other things to do than delete duplicates. You deserve better, and I'll see to it that happens.

I'll be on the lookout for your message, and I thank you in advance.

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 28/09/2018
Dlkhosh

Reviewed on 16/01/2024

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Review

Pros

Very good inventory management, time tracking
Numerous customizable reports
Supports projects, payroll, and many add-ons
Terrific mobile apps

Cons

The main cons of Quickbooks that It's somehow expensive

Wave

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quickbooks is Easy to use, and has active support center
Cassandra
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 06/03/2024

Highly Recomment

Pros

Quickbooks makes it easier to budget and maintain financial stabiluty as well as have proper reports for tax season.

Cons

There are some features I do not implement as they are not needed, but I would say I like all the features of Quickbooks for my business.

DEBBIE

Reviewed on 28/02/2024

AWESOME PRODUCT

FANASTIC, MARVELOUS WONDERFUL. COULD NOT BE MORE SATISFIED

Pros

THE EASE OF SETTING IT ALL UP AND THE EASE OF GETTING IN TOUCH WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE IF I HAVE A PROBLEM THAT NEEDS SOLVING

Cons

GETTING DIRECT DEPOSIT SET UP FOR THE FIRST TIME. AND DROPPING THREE COMPANIES OFF PAYROLL WHEN I DISCONTINUED DOING THEIR WORK.

Reynaldo
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

Quickbooks are Super Helpful

Fits our needs fairly nicely. I adore that it double-checks my calculations, reducing the possibility of human error. I use it every single day.

Pros

I like this software and help me a lot in terms of accessing my financial records and my financial statement in a matter of seconds.

Cons

There is a minor issue with customer service; I had trouble canceling my previous account and was informed that it cannot be deleted. Other than that, nothing major is wrong.

clodagh

Reviewed on 07/03/2024

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise review

overall experience was great and i would recommend to others

Pros

i liked that it had very good tech support.
it is easy to use
definitely well worth the money

Cons

fixing a mistake can be a slow process because of all the steps you need to take after50

Reviewed on 01/03/2024

Top Free App

Pros

The quick payment processor and how it keeps everything organized.

Cons

Nothing to dislike about Quickbooks at all.

Tracy

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

The Small Business Software of Choice

Since using QuickBooks vs. batch processing software, the time I have saved doing my work is exponential.

Pros

What I like most about the software is:
1. The flexibility of it in that there are several different ways to do the same task.
2. The drill down feature in the reporting that allows you to drill down from any report to the source document and also make changes to that document in real time, and update that report in real time without re-running anything.
3. Real time updating of the software vs. batch processing.
4. Ease of use, easy to train employees, super easy and clean to fix mistakes.
5. Value for the money
6. Makes payroll processing very easy.

Cons

Cons:
1. If you are not using the enterprise version, customer service is not good.
2. If you let a person who doesn't know what they are doing use it, they can mess it up really bad, pretty quickly.

Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I was using Sage 300 software for a small company, I didn't really need all of the extra features it had, and could not afford the yearly maintenance fees for the software.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Since QuickBooks virtually owns the small business space in accounting software, there weren't really any other options.

Response from Intuit

Success stories like yours make our day, Tracy! It's wonderful to hear that QuickBooks is helping you save time and making it easier to handle your daily tasks. Whether you're running payroll or updating a report, you can count on our software to get the job done. Our priority is to provide you with a variety of support options so you can get quick answers to any questions you may have. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks
Twitter: @QBCares

We also recommend checking out this article for great resources you can use to help train your employees: (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1767637).

Thank you for the rave review and we wish you continued success!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 06/08/2019

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

More than enough for our small company

We had to upgrade from QB Online because we use it for escrow accounts, and QB isn't designed for that. As a workaround, we created a new cash sub-account and payable sub-account for each escrow transaction. Pretty soon, we had thousands of sub-accounts, which really put a strain on it and made it run slowly. We transferred all of our data to QB Enterprise, which is handling that with ease and providing many more features. Overall, I enjoy using it. It's simple for employees to use, and it does more than enough for us.

Pros

QB Enterprise is more than we need for the small company. It's fast and efficient. It's straightforward in how things work, so training isn't intensive for new users. It's easy to upgrade from another version of QB and transfer all the company data into it.

Cons

It's limited in what can be displayed or used to sort in many of the windows. For example, the vendor screen displays all the invoices and payments, but doesn't display a running balance column. It's difficult to expand columns to display all of the data in a column. It doesn't remember column widths, so I'm continuously having to adjust the column width every time I open a window with data. Data in some windows can't be exported to Excel. For example, I like to export the bank statement reconciliation screen to a spreadsheet with my bank data download where I can sort and subtract to find a discrepancy between two columns instantly. But, there isn't a way to get the data in that window to export or copy. The reconciliation screen also doesn't allow for display of the cash sub-account or the offset account. So, I'm continuously having to open individual transactions to see which is which if they are similar.

Response from Intuit

Providing the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our number one goal. It's great to hear you found the best version of QuickBooks to suit your business needs! Many of our software updates come from great customer suggestions like yours. You can find out more about ways we're working to improve by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Thanks for a great review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 04/10/2019
Katlyn

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

Switching to Quickbooks has made my life so much easier!

Quickbooks has really been beneficial to us in so many different departments. We were hesitant to go with Quickbooks at first because we had been with Sage accounting for so long, but everyone agrees we are much happier with Quickbooks!

Pros

Quickbooks is so simple and user friendly. It is so easy for me to run reports on anything I need. Quickbooks has cut the time it takes me to do payroll by more than half! All of our employees really like the electronic paystub feature as well! So far it has been an excellent product.

Cons

We use Quickbooks online so from time to time there are some glitches that have to be fixed. Also, it can be difficult to get to the right customer service department.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Sage was becoming a big headache and the price kept increasing without the product making any improvements.

Sage 100

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The overall value. We could get more for the price with what Quickbooks was offering. Plus the compatibility of Quickbooks with so many other products.

Response from Intuit

Thanks for choosing QuickBooks to serve your business needs, Katlyn. Nothing makes us happier than hearing that our software is making your life easier. We want to ensure that you're getting the support you need and are including a guide with steps for reaching a support agent: (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1767990). Should you ever have a question about the program, we invite you to check out the Community. Here you can access a host of helpful articles and ask a question in a forum of fellow users and the QuickBooks Team: (community.intuit.com).

Cheering you to continued success!
David, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 11/11/2019
Antonio
Antonio

Reviewed on 02/01/2020

Best Accounting Software for SMBs

With Quickbooks I can see the overall health of my business. I can track my expenses, sales, inventories, financial reports and other vital information for intelligent decision making.

Pros

The thing I like most about Quickbooks is its completeness. For a small to medium sized business one gets to have a user friendly accounting and inventory system all rolled into one. Add to that its customizable reports suited to ones needed data. Some of these reports which are very vital to a business owner are Daily/Weekly/Monthly and even Annual Sales Report, Inventory related reports, Expenses Reports, Accounts Payables and Receivables, Banking and many more.

Cons

Like any software, or for whatever product that is, Quickbooks also have some flaws. Personally, I would prefer the customization of forms to be more flexible where the user can have more control. An example of this is the addition of additional fields aside from those that are built-in. Another thing i don't like about Quickbooks is its limitation on the number of items and the size of its company file. In a previous company I worked at, I have reached the maximum number of items, thus I was faced with deleting some items, and those items had transactions connected to them. Finally, I suggest Intuit increase the maximum company size because in my experience, when I reached the maximum company file size, the system totally lagged big time.

MYOB Advanced Business

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quickbooks was more user friendly for me and I like its user interface versus MYOB. Well Quicken wasn't for me, it was mainly intended for accountants and basic accounting processes without inventory module.
Dr. Joseph
Dr. Joseph
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 17/03/2020

Big improvement over the desktop version

The newer online version is two thumbs up. I had a CPA that recommended I go back to the program and very glad that I took his advice. The new streamlined format is exactly what I need for my business.

Pros

I love the fact that I can check out, update and work all my financials from my ipad, phone and computer. I used to use the older Quickbooks desktop version years ago. I dumped it because it was really hard to use. I am a Chiropractor and not a CPA. The past couple of years we have been using the online version and it is exactly what I wanted/needed for the finances and my Chiropractic office.

Cons

The only problem that I had was, setting up the original accounts and Paypal. I did not set the original accounts up correctly. My bookkeeper fixed all this and explained it to me. From there everything worked out great. Except for the PayPal app. I am happy that I do not do much business through PayPal because it is the only account that I need to spend some real time with to reconcile and make sure I do not have duplicate transactions.

Nelson Kipchirchir
Nelson Kipchirchir
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 25/10/2020

Best accounting solution in the market!

QuickBooks solves almost all the accounting problems in my organization eg; Budgeting, bills payment, reporting, tax preparation etc.

Pros

- The budgeting module is very good as it allows me to keep track of my revenue and expenses as per the budget and gives a whole impression on the organization's performance.
- I loved the flexibility of the software when it comes to integration with software from other vendors.
- The pricing is awesome especially for small and upcoming businesses.
- Very easy to learn and put it in use, so far so good. No crashes, bugs, or hanging.

Cons

- The software lacks the current business trend features like barcoding and lot tracking.
- Limitation on the number of users is also one of the aspects I disliked.
- I wished there was the ability to generate other reports apart from the current one which is accounting based only.
- As much as it is good for small business as ours, it becomes hard to use when the business grows and become large.

Sage Accounting

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

We needed a more automated software with more features which are less complicated to learn and use.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

- Pricing was good and was pas per our budget. - The size of the organization was also a matter of consideration.

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

Quickbooks

My experience with the QuickBooks had been for almost less than 2 years and even though I was not in the accounting department, I had to maintain the inventory, reporting of general ledger, all the sales purchases made, and made sure all the products that we have physically available, they were in the system with their exact specifications so that at the time of creating sale orders, the exact name and specs would appear with their exact cost and the remaining product count would be the same as it was physically available.

Pros

The best part about QuickBooks was that it was online and we had the ability to work even though we were not on the office premises and it allowed us to work efficiently and effectively. We used it for inventory management, documentation, general ledger, Sale orders, purchase orders, and invoicing.

Cons

Even though it has customization in its reporting mechanism but it takes time and effort to get exactly what we want and at crucial times it gets a little hectic to generate a report where we need results faster.

Shweta

Reviewed on 03/02/2021

Quickbook is great tool with no accounting experience

Pros

After self instructing on YouTube, I can say, the product is a marvel to those of us who work with the entirety of cash. It coordinates everything and with a tick, you can produce any report.Great and best insight. The getting sorted out module is breathtaking as it grants me to screen my remuneration and expenses as shown by the monetary strategy and gives a whole effect on the affiliation's presentation.QuickBooks tackles practically all the bookkeeping issues in my association eg; Budgeting, charges instalment , detailing, charge planning and so on

Cons

I wished there was the capacity to produce different reports separated from the current one which is bookkeeping based as it were. - As much as it is useful for independent company as our own, it turns out to be difficult to utilize when the business develops and become large.The naming show for certain cycles are somewhat overwhelming until you adapt precisely where they are and what they are called. The updates can make highlights be migrated, making them hard to track down. Likewise with all cloud-based programming, once in a while there are issues with the online connectivity.The number of clients that can utilize it at the same time is restricted and we business people live on cooperation and especially need it.

Angelo
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 06/01/2023

An Impressive Accounting Software for Businesses

I've been using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise for a few years now and it has been a great tool for managing my business. The software is easy to use and understand and has plenty of features that make accounting easier. However, the cost can be a bit prohibitive for some businesses.

Pros

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is an incredibly powerful accounting software with a wide range of features and capabilities. It is easy to use and understand, making it a great solution for businesses of all sizes. The ability to customize the software to meet the needs of individual businesses makes it an excellent choice for businesses looking for an accounting solution.

Cons

Although QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is an excellent choice for businesses, it can be quite expensive. Additionally, the software requires a certain level of knowledge and understanding to operate effectively.

Tiffany
  • Industry: Public Safety

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Advertising versus delivered

Overall, the software is very functional and user friendly. The extra steps that I use outside the software would be nice if they were integrated, but I have been doing them for the last 4 years, so it doesn't affect my routine. I like how quickly I can create an invoice if someone asks and I can fill in the blanks for tracking later without affecting my bottom line.

Pros

This software is very user friendly. Getting to individual accounts is easy and straight forward. The importing of bank records saves me a ton of time doing payroll and reimbursements each month. I can track all of the owner's businesses in one place without paying extra per company added.

Cons

We opted for this version because of the PO tracking. The problem is, the PO's are not created by us. They are created by our customers so we can't actually use that part of the software that we paid for. I can still run reports and track project time and expenses, but I can't track a PO given to us and how much left to be billed. I still have to do that manually. It also doesn't integrate with T-sheets without renaming projects on one platform or the other. One is for my engineers, the other is for our customers tracking. The two do not use the same formatting.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The owner of the company opted for Enterprise because of the PO tracking ability and being able to track multiple companies in one piece of software instead of paying per company like QB online. However, the tracking is for PO's we create and that is not how our company works. The PO's are given to us by our customers. Pro would have fulfilled our needs in this case.
Jessica
Jessica
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

QuickBooks - everyone can be a bookkeeper

Pros

First, I've been using QuickBooks for over 11 years. I have used both the desktop software and online. Right now, all of our companies use Quickbooks online. I'm a big fan. If you have ever taken an entry level accounting class, you have all the knowledge you need to run QuickBooks. The ease of use is the best I have found and I've used a few other accounting systems that I won't name :) But QuickBooks far exceeds those others. You can easily customize your chart of accounts, create invoices and sales receipts, run payroll, manage users, complete bank reconciliations and manage the chart of accounts. It doesn't take a professional to learn the software which is what I love.

I have to talk about their support. They are amazing! We had to switch over another one of our companies to QuickBooks and the process from the old software was a nightmare. I spoke to QuickBooks support and they stayed on the phone for over 4 hours with me getting it to transfer. The support was unprecedented and in the end, they really pulled through to get the old accounting software to transfer into Quickbooks. Never seen anything like it before. I was thoroughly impressed.

Cons

The software goes down quite often. Sometimes we get errors that we can't log into our account or even that our account is active, which I know isn't true. We wait a few minutes, refresh, and alas we are back in business. Even with this headache every once in a while, I would still choose this software.

Response from Intuit

We really appreciate you taking the time to write this glowing testimony, Jessica. It's been great having you as a part of the Intuit Family during these past 11+ years. What you said in your review title is so true. Everyone can become a bookkeeper. Sometimes, they just need the right tools in order to do so. We're so glad you made QuickBooks your bookkeeping tool of choice. By the way, if you run into a future situation where the site appears to be down, this tool can come in handy and potentially get you logged in faster: https://fixit.intuit.com/

We look forward to backing your business for years to come!
-Kristian, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 21/09/2018
Robert
Robert

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Comprehensive functionality, but obscures your books

QB is a solid accounting package used by many. My experience is that it is very stable and suitable for those at either end of the spectrum of needs and experience. Novices can just use each of the modules as is and ignore the extra functionality. The poweruser may need the many different features.

However, if you are in the middle ground with a good understanding of bookkeeping, and want some flexibility in your entries, I find there are two many icons, menu choices, and options for each task I want to do. Example, printing a standard financial statement means selecting from 3-4 menu options, following by a dialog of options. Really I just want a date range and get the statement.

Pros

QB is rock solid, never had an issue (defect). It is comprehensive and has functionality for every operation and looks after a lot of 'behind the scenes' stuff such as tax reporting (automatically capturing your tax credits and customer charges)

Cons

The overall feature set makes it hard to see a clear picture of your books. Everything is done through a series of modules (sales, purchases) and it automates from there. A normal sequence is; Sales, then deposits, then bank reconciliation - works fine. However, if you have a deposit that is not from a sale the dance to make the entries seem obscure. Or if you pay for a purchase directly, you still have to enter a payable, then pay it in a separate step. Not big issues, but I use other accounting software that gives me much more flexibility without the double steps. (Note: in the example of the payable, you can do a direct journal entry, but then it does not show up in the supplier history for some reason.)

Response from Intuit

Hi Robert. I'm glad QuickBooks is providing a comprehensive tool to your consulting business. I'm here to ensure you can take advantage of the functionality while still getting a clear view of your books, however. I'll include a few excellent outlets below, which serve as central hubs of workflow tips.

1. For a feature walk-through, check out the Community at https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-started-with-QuickBooks/How-to-Use-Features-and-Functions-in-QuickBooks-Online/ta-p/170181. You'll find tips on the way QB sequences tasks and the workflow for your accounts.

2. This link is another excellent space, as the insights hosted in the YouTube provide visual references for the tools provided by the software. The following playlist covers reporting and statements, and I encourage you to explore the channel further when you get a chance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndR4lgu2nT8&list=PLVxBmyedTVhTWFPItuhzmbHRzZzCxmGFT.

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 14/11/2018
Stefany

Reviewed on 13/10/2016

Good, not great. Getting better.

Currently, I use waveccounting.com but needed 1099 support and the ability to support and the ability to have an independent contractor account. As of now, this is not an option forcing me to do a lot of double entry. I started using QB online after reading the reviews and speaking with a customer service representative. She was excellent at answering my questions and making sure what I needed would be present in my account.

Execution - This was far more frustrating than I anticipated. I have a background in programming so I am not on to give up on software easily. I found the controls set in place to help you often hinder you. I feel that I should have had a better set-up option to allow for more choice in what would be automated. All of my categories were changed upon importing. The automation routinely got it wrong despite it's ability to "learn" from past choices.

Go Zen - What I have learned. You really need to start from scratch. Don't import until you have clicked every button and set-up the account in a way that is most efficient for your company. I am currently in the middle of my new set-up and I am beginning to see the benefits of QB and I feel it will be a more efficient choice going forward.

One of the top reasons for choosing QB was their integrations. Specifically, Zapier. My brokerage runs on AI's and a lot of data automation. Adding the ability to add customers, invoice and payment follow up potentially saves me hours of work each week. IT also allows me to have my CRM talk to myI took the time to look at all the integrations available and it is an impressive collection that is growing.

As of now, I would recommend this software but with a healthy dose of patience. With a better on boarding solution, I think a lot of the frustration for those of us in the middle of running a business and a need to get up and running quickly would help a great deal. Overall, it's a robust system. It has a lot of option for every type of business.

Pros

The ability to integrate it with my current apps via Zapier. 1099 creation is huge. Great for working with independent contractors. I really like that I have a phone app for updates on the go. I can do my accounting while on the subway.

Cons

A little confusing to get off the ground unless you have time to really sit with it. Would prefer better onboarding. More options to edit the statements and invoice look to better match my company and stand out.

Fazal
Fazal
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 20/04/2020

My Response to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Being a proficient user of QuickBooks, my overall experience with this software is based on my daily usage and I can rate it 9/10. No doubts it makes my and our organizations' employees work more efficiently. If someone asked me to use this software, I'll definitely recommend it to them. Because of its analytics, advanced facilities and integration with 3rd parties including many other required features make it highly recommended software in the market of accounting solution software.

Pros

QuickBooks software helps from small to large businesses, companies, and enterprises to manage more efficiently their accounts through the best cloud-based software. Enterprises can easily manage their projects, invoices and other accounting solutions. This Software has a centralized dashboard, it allows users to get more insights into their business swings. This software also helped me much time to see my organizational performance by using QuickBooks Online advanced key performance indicators. Another benefit of using this software that it gives its administrators to assign the chore to the employees for example salespersons and others. Capturing easily digital receipts copies sorting out transactions, tax categories handling and other improved financial operations in this software make me and our organization toughest tasks easier those were never like this before using QuickBooks.

Cons

However, having all these wonderful pros I personally feel some cons of this software being a proficient user. Some of the features for industry types of businesses are not enough just for an example for eCommerce Barcode scanning etc. If I take it out of accounting solution there would be missing some other reports key factors. Sometimes the system crashes happen very rarely but still is a problem.

• Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 13/06/2018

Quickbooks works well on its browser and desktop app, but loses functionality on mobile app

Helps with data entry for businesses using it for tax purposes.

Pros

I have used this software using both Windows and iOS. The functionality is similar on both operating systems, but the ease of use and accessibility to features varies more with how you access it.

Web Browser:
-All features are available
-Ease of data entry

Desktop App:
-Most, if not all of the features easily accessible via web browser are readily available
-Ease of data entry and in my opinion, it is superior to using the software via web browser
-Faster login than using a web browser or the app

Mobile App:
-Ease of on-the-go access to the software

Cons

The biggest issues with this product are with the mobile app, in terms of functionality and accessibility to needed features. In general, the common issue across all platforms is the ability to edit vendor names/customer IDs. This is a huge problem for when you realize you have accidentally created multiple spellings of the same vendor. There is no option to merge the data together under a single, correct identifier.

Web Browser:
-Website often freezes
-Logging in can be a hassle sometimes, especially with two-factor authentication enabled

Desktop App:
-Susceptible to crashing if you are entering data too quickly

Mobile App:
-Extremely limited functionality compared to the web browser and desktop app
-The mobile app, in particular, forces you to fill in certain fields not required when accessing the software via web browser or desktop app, which can make for a frustrating and time-consuming data entry process

Response from Intuit

Thanks for the thorough review, and I'm happy to address each of the accessibility issues you mentioned. You can merge duplicate customer/vendor profiles in the browser or desktop app, and an overview of how is found at https://community.intuit.com/articles/1145424. Additionally, you can disable 2-factor authentication (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1338460), cutting down on browser login hassles. If the website is crashing or slow to load, I encourage you to clear cache with these steps: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1145697. Cache is widely known to cause performance problems, but clearing that data is an easy fix. The same issue occurs in the Desktop App, which may explain the crashing. To clear app cache, select Help > Reset App Data. The functionality of the mobile app is constantly being improved upon, and you can check for product updates at the QuickBooks Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv. Should you have questions, please let me know.

Replied 13/06/2018