EHR 24/7 Reviews

About EHR 24/7

EHR 24/7 by Office Ally is a trusted electronic health record system used by more than 20,000 users. Its comprehensive patient charting and document management, real-time patient information, and customizable forms provide...

3.9

Browse EHR 24/7 Reviews

Dr. Taher
Dr. Taher

Trustworthy platform

I like it. Will continue to use it and even do notes on it. But need an app.

Pros

It’s simple to use. But I wish there was an app.

Cons

Chrome makes you zoom in and out to find the next clickable box. An app would solve it.

Response from Office Ally

Dr. Taher, Thank you for the complimentary review. We are very glad that you are enjoying the product.

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

Great system with some drawbacks

This is a great system if you don't need advanced notifications of appointments, or want outside vendors to interact with the system for reviews. And, if your clinic doesn't care that the clinician can't look at the financials or schedule, it works well. To us, this was a huge drawback. But, we loved the ease of use for the actual charting.

Pros

Charting is quick as long as you use Text Blaze Snippets on chrome with it. Otherwise, it can be long. It is customizable by the provider and for specialties which is nice. Each specialty can have their own template. Adding patients is easy. Re-prescribing doesn't require an actual note, so the MA's or RN's can do this and send to provider for authorization. Uses "superbills" for charting, meaning you can bundle specific CPT codes with allowed ICD10's. Interacts with their billing clearinghouse for rapid notification of coverage.

Cons

It is segmented. You can't look at the patient financial's without going into a completely different system (the practice manager). Same goes for scheduling. In other words, if you want to schedule, you have to be logged into 2 systems they have that communicate. But, requiring you to have multiple types of browsers (not just tabs) up and running. The system only allows notifications of appointments outside of a 24 hour period, such that if you wanted to setup notification of appointment on the same day, ie. 3 hours before appointment, it doesn't let you. And, there is no system outside that interacts with officeally. So, if you want to do patient reviews, emails, etc., you have to manually upload your file to the outside vendor.

WRS Health and AdvancedMD EHR

Reasons for Choosing EHR 24/7

We had used OfficeAlly's clearinghouse for years and were happy with them. And, Charm does not do billing well, plus the charting took too long.

CharmHealth

Reasons for Switching to EHR 24/7

Cost for Advanced EHR and the ease of charting. For us, quick charting is the best. AdvancedEHR was expensive and took too long to chart. We switched to WRS health after a year with officeally. Clinicians didn't like the switch as OA is easy for charting, but the staff likes WRS for the front-desk. In the end, we are still looking for a viable option.

Reviewed on 14/02/2018

Poor quality and incompetent support help

I have been, sadly, an Office Ally client for about the past six years. The only reason I'm still with them is because they make it too difficult to leave: they'll pack your client demographic information not the progress notes should you wish to migrate to another EHR/PM service. Customer Service / Tech Support is a joke; they're mostly just gatekeepers who will do everything they can to convince you that a technical issue is something on your end and not theirs.

Here are some examples of what I;'m talking about....

1. Patient Ally, their feature that allegedly allows clients and their patients to swap documents in a HIPAA-secured environment, more often than not fails to properly function. I've tried to send documents to my clients, and vice-versa, and they cannot be retrieved. When I complained about this, the "tech support" person tried to slough it off as a problem with either my computer or my client's His argument was that "if large numbers of our customers aren't complaining about this, then it's not a problem." I now use Adobe Cloud instead.

2. When using the accounting and claims management features in their practice management platform, Practice Mate, in order to post payments to a deactivated client account, I have to re-activate it, post the payments, then de-activate it again, which is a time-waster and unnecessary. When I addressed this with tech support, his unbelievable answer was: "Well the LOGIC is that if you're no longer seeing a client, then you won't be taking any more payments on their account." I had to explain to him that managed care can take weeks or months to pay claims, and also that some discharged clients owe past-due balances. His response was dead air.

3. The EHR platform has a penchant for bumping you off AS YOU'RE WORKING IN A CHART, which means you lose all the data and have to log back in and recreate it. This usually happens between 5-7 pm EST. The two times I reported this to "tech support," they told me it was probably my computer or my ISP and it wasn't their problem, again, because tens of thousands of other Office Ally users hadn't complained about it.

Yeah, the cost is low, but if you're a sole practitioner like me, without so much as a receptionist, these inefficiencies can cost you in time and money.

Pros

Relatively easy to use.Fairly good integration between EHR and Practice Mate.

Cons

1. Many of the features don't work properly. 2. Some functions are not the most efficient and actually waste end users' time. 3. "Tech Support are mostly gatekeepers. When you call to report a problem, their typical response is that if thousands of other users haven't already called to report the same issue, then it must be your fault and not theirs. They also refuse to let you speak to a supervisor or manager, their typical excuse being "They're all in a meeting." They claim to write "job tickets" and promise a callback, but of course they never call back and the issue is rarely resolved.

Top EHR 24/7 Alternatives

JORGE

PRACTICAL & USEFUL

Overall very pleased. It gets the job done.

Pros

Ease of use with most practical, day to day functions.

Cons

Cumbersome in certain areas. Lacks intuitive use. It has so many uses, areas, that it can become overwhelming.

Syed

Reviewed on 06/09/2023

Unable to get results from labs or radiology direcarly inti EHR

Good

Pros

Inexpensive for small part time practice and practicemate billing support

Cons

Unable to get lab and radiology results directly in EHR

Response from Office Ally

Thank you for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

Replied 07/09/2023
Josh

Reviewed on 12/12/2023

Overall a good system for the price

Very good. I wish the Reminder Mate feature had a texting response system and was more user friendly. We canceled our Reminder Mate subscription because of the inefficiencies. When we brought this problem to tech supports attention , they never had a good solution of a fix

Pros

Pricing is transparent and reasonable. Accounting software, EHR and stats are all integrated with a clearinghouse

Cons

We are EST so I wish they had tech support available 24/7 or at least for early EST days. As a chiropractic clinic, we had to customize and create our own macros and templates which took a lot of time but worth it

Jane

Pricing transparency. Quality of product

Response from Office Ally

Josh, Thank you for the complimentary review. We are very glad that you are enjoying the product. We value your feedback as we continue to invest in strengthening the features and functionality of our products and we continue to focus on upgrading our service offerings. If you are interested in sharing additional details, please reach out to us.

Timothy

Reviewed on 15/09/2023

Look no further for practice management software!

It has been great! I have used it for 1.5 years with zero problems or outages. Very reliable and customizable.

Pros

Very customizable and minimal clutter/non essential functionality.

Cons

Takes time to set up the macros the way you want them and requires 1-2 hours of training.

ChiroTouch

Reasons for Choosing EHR 24/7

Cost.

ChiroTouch

Cost and functionality.

Replied 19/09/2023
Claudenie

Reviewed on 01/09/2023

No complaints and Easy to use!

It does everything for us. Cuts down on time seeing the patients as our progress notes are pre-populated and the billing is the key to our success!

Pros

EHR 24/7 has been very useful tool in our practice. It is so simple to use and with ease. The price point was also a great factor alongside the billing portion of the EMR. We have been using this since 2020 and not had any issues. Customer service is always helpful and responsive. It's worth the money and saves us time when seeing our patients. Love the patient intake forms as well as we are working our way to a paperless practice.

Cons

At times the patients complain about the intake forms. The price recently went up and that's unfortunate.

Replied 05/09/2023
Marcella
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 11/09/2023

My EHR Review Question and Answer

I am resolving any question that a patient has by being able to read each note put into EHR for that patient. In order to let them know why they have not received there DME items yet. Or if they called because they want to make changes to there DME items I can read the EHR notes and let them know what the next step is.

Pros

I like that I am able to pull a patient that I am working on up and read my EHR notes and other people in my company's EHR notes which helps me to resolve any issues I am having with the patient's account by reading the other employees notes.

Cons

The least thing that I don't like about EHR is the part on the view EHR screen, when you have to save the note by1) from the progress note box you have to select edit which takes you to the edit note screen2) then you have to scroll down to nurses note (this encounter) to edit the note and make any changes or add to the note3) then in order to save the note you have to open up Nurse property (this encounter) and select print nurses note (to exist)Is there anyway that you can save, edit, and make any changes to a note from the View EHR screen?

Replied 12/09/2023
Kimberly

Reviewed on 07/09/2023

Great product for the price.

The quality for the cost is great.

Pros

Love the Billing and insurance aspect. No need for a separate clearing house.

Cons

Way more features than we need at this office.

CHIROSPRING and Chiro8000

Cost.

Replied 11/09/2023

Reviewed on 12/12/2023

Good EHR system, great value!

Overall it’s been really good which is why I’ve stayed for so long.

Pros

Been using for years. Easy to use. Has good features.

Cons

There are spelling errors in the pre populated soap note templates so it’s annoying to have to correct these. Also there are extra spaces in there too which aren’t needed. Doesn’t look professional when sending out charts to other doctors and attorneys.

Response from Office Ally

Sarah, Thank you for the complimentary review. We are very glad that you are enjoying the product.

Tamara

Reviewed on 02/09/2023

Great product for the price

I have been using OA EHR since 2007 and am overall satisfied with the product

Pros

OA EHR user friendly, great support staff cost effective especially for small medical offices

Cons

doesn't interface with some labs for orders e-prescribing could allow for free hand ordering instead of number values.

Replied 05/09/2023
Traci

Reviewed on 19/08/2016

Great product, highly recommend

Pros

It's so easy to use and it's free!!!! Submitting claims is very simple. If there are any issues with my claims resolving them only takes a couple steps. I can see everything I need to for each claim saving me lots of time. I no longer have to spend time on the phone with insurance companies I can just see what the errors are on my claims and correct them easily and resubmit without any hassle. They offer free support anytime I have any questions, there's always somebody there to assist me. The interface is very user-friendly I have tried other software programs and they're interfaces were outdated and difficult to understand. I have enjoyed office alley so much that I have actually purchased their EHR/24 system and I also use their practice mate, reminder mate, and patient ally Modules as well. It makes managing our 13 therapist practice very manageable.

Cons

because the system is web-based if there are any technical difficulties or updates taking place it prevents us from completing our work online at that time but this has rarely been an issue.

It would be nice to have a phone or tablet application when being away from the computer for easier access to appointments and patient records.

Michelle

Reviewed on 22/09/2023

How I love my Office Ally!

Aside from occasionally running out of typing space in some areas, I think its great. I know it so well I feel as if I could be one of your techs.

Pros

The customability for all fields. The ability to just click on a sentence i use so often is great.

Cons

Past medical history and discussion sections needs to more room. Dr runs out of room.

Replied 22/09/2023
Michelle

Reviewed on 02/03/2020

Not user friendly

Pros

Scheduling is easy. Ordering labs and imaging easy to do.

Cons

Frequently freezes and deletes everything you have just entered. You have to type in or dictate the entire note or copy and paste from another document. There are no pre-populated or customizable commonly used phrases or point and click choices. Auto-saves in the middle of you typing a note. If you create an order through documents before you have saved your note, it will completely delete your note (even though you still have the note open) or create a whole new note. You don't always realize this has happened and continue documenting in the note, only to find out that you have documented in 2 different notes and then have to cut and paste to combine them. Prescribing is a nightmare. If you are ordering supplies like glucometers or syringes, it is almost impossible to locate in the list of meds. It doesn't have common options for medications that aren't pills. If you have an inhaler or ointment, you have to enter packet because there is no option for unit, tube, or MDI. And you can't leave it blank, because it won't send without every option filled in. The pharmacies frequently call and ask for it to be changed, but you can't. Very frustrating, time consuming software. The only reason I can see someone giving this software a good review for the EHR is that they've never used any other and don't know the difference.

Amy

Reviewed on 18/08/2023

Inexpensive and has what you need

Overall have been very pleased, the inexpensive price and reliability of the website has been good.

Pros

It's user friendly and quick to learn. Customer service is good.

Cons

Creating templates on your own is tricky, but forms can be emailed direct for Office Ally to create for you. I wish there was a way for our signature pad to work directly with EHR. Also the integration with our Immunization Registry could be improved. When I checked into it did not meet our current needs.

Nick

Extremely satisfied user

I love that I am able to append my own templates by myself, as often as needed. Customer service has been wonderful, though rarely needed.

Pros

I liked the customizability of building and editing violent template, and the autonomy in doing so.

Cons

Limited characters for building templates

Response from Office Ally

Thank you Nick for the complimentary review. I am very glad to hear that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience.

Replied 22/08/2023
Mandy

Mental Health

it is much easier to chart notes and adapt them to the needs of the individual practice

Pros

copy old notes to new notes for reference, easy to put in commonly used phrases and to be compliant with insurance requirements.

Cons

improve patient access, allow parents to put their kids in the same patient access, Import information in intake forms to first progress note. Make it more friendly for mental health uses

Rosanna

Friendly software

Pros

How easy the software is and customer service are very helpful

Cons

Can’t keep credit cards on file and it can’t integrate with hospitals

Response from Office Ally

Rosanna, Thank you for the complimentary review. We are very glad that you are enjoying the product.

Replied 20/12/2023
Yelena

Reviewed on 12/09/2023

Great experience!

Great scheduling. It is easy to write medical notes. It is easy to create and send claims.

Pros

EHR is easy to use.Scheduling is very easy. Ability to create "phrases "

Cons

Eligibility verification was great, but after recent updates it became difficult. It is impossible to use EHR to gather data for MIPS. It is not easy to use e-prescribing. There are a lot of unnecessary features.

Replied 13/09/2023
Brianna

RN Review EHR

For a larger practice, there are better, more technologically advanced software products that I would use instead of EHR. EHR is fine for small practice, but there are too many click-throughs to get to where I need to be.

Pros

Smaller clinics would be fine using office ally. Scheduling is easy.
Software is easy.

Cons

I use EPIC at my other job and the patient chart is much more advanced and convenient in showing all of the patient data I need to see without having to scourge through the chart looking for information. EPIC displays everything I need to see, which makes charting easier. Everything looks very basic, hard to find info,

Response from Office Ally

Brianna, We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience with Office Ally solutions. Over the last 2 years, we have invested in strengthening the features and functionality of our products and we continue to focus on upgrading our service offerings. Thank you for your valuable feedback. If you are interested in sharing additional details, please reach out to us.

Shelley

Reviewed on 20/07/2023

great for starting a new practice

overall great EHR I would recommend it for anyone starting with limited funds. used for 7 years only switched because I now do a lot of PI and needed something with easier flow

Pros

EHR is very affordable and easy to use. I used OA as the clearinghouse already so it was a seamless transition. Still use them now

Cons

scheduling and EHR are separate entities and the flow was off

Fernando

Medical Practice Genius

Pros

Easy to use, fast and helpful. Customer service always helps fast

Cons

Some patients don’t show up after certain letters. Without typing in the actual name they don’t populate in the patient section.

Response from Office Ally

Fernando, Thank you for the complimentary review. We are very glad that you are enjoying the product.

Replied 20/12/2023
Jessica

Review 2023

Great experience!! Great customer service, easy to use!

Pros

It’s easy to use, great customer service

Cons

no complaints, EHR 24/7 has been great!

Response from Office Ally

Jessica, Thank you for the complimentary review. We are very glad that you are enjoying the product. We would be very interested in hearing more about your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

victoria

Reviewed on 12/12/2023

Overall, a great product!

It is a user-friendly and flexible online booking software that allows me to manage my appointments, notes, and client information with ease. EHR 24/7 is a great tool for any service-based business that needs a simple and efficient way to schedule appointments, make notes, and document client information. It saves me time, money, and hassle, and allows me to focus on providing quality service to my clients. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable and affordable online booking software.

Pros

It saves you time and hassle by automating the booking process and reducing the risk of human errors or double bookings.
It improves your customer experience by offering them convenience, flexibility, and personalization.

Cons

It requires internet access. If there is a network outage or a technical issue, you may lose access to your bookings or miss potential customers.

Response from Office Ally

Victoria, Thank you for the complimentary review. We are very glad that you are enjoying the product. We would be very interested in hearing more about your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.