Practice Mate Reviews

About Practice Mate

Practice Mate by Office Ally is a comprehensive practice management solution used by over 25,000 healthcare organizations. It simplifies revenue cycle management and assists in HIPAA-compliant recordkeeping for both new and...

Browse Practice Mate Reviews

Connie

Reviewed on 13/09/2023

My Seven Year Affair with Office Ally and Practice Mate

Pros

This program is easy to use. I consider myself a ludite and yet I was able to figure out how to use Practice Mate with only one tutorial. I am sure I do not utilize all of the features available to me but they are there if I hit a snag with my practice. Plus the technical team is available and responsive without going through a long phone menu or wait. They are also fast and efficient with claim submission. Always grateful for that!

Cons

I used OA and Practice Mate at a couple of clinics before I started my own practice so was already familiar with it. That was back when it was free to providers. Ahem!It pretty well defined how I was going to set up booking and billing for my practice and was my first choice of all the programs I had had to learn during the course of my 25 year career. I wasn't surprised when they began to charge and feel it is a reasonable fee considering I can input for 15 minutes at the end of my day and leave all the rest to them. I truly do not have anything negative to say about PM.

Response from Office Ally

Thank you for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to me.

Kathy

Reviewed on 28/08/2023

Pros and Cons of using Practice Mate

I really appreciate the customer service experience! I get questions answered or assistance when needed without having to go through a lot of automated prompts! There is nothing like being able to talk to another human being to help solve whatever problem I may be having!!

Pros

Prior to 2020, I found all of the features to be very beneficial to my practice. Since the retirement of my office manager and the onset of COVID, I now have a third-party company that handles insurance verification, billing, and payment for me, which allows me more time for patient care.

Cons

Many times, when patients are completing the new patient paperwork through Patient Ally, they are not able to complete the HIPAA Compliant form. I'm told there is a glitch in the system that IT is working on, but to date, it hasn't been corrected. This means I have to send that particular form to the patient for signature and then add it to their file, which is not convenient.

Response from Office Ally

Thank you Kathy for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

Replied 29/08/2023
Kristen

Reviewed on 18/06/2020

Avoid this product

Regrettable.

Pros

Offers useful functions for accounting, billing, etc. if you don't plan to use the patient portal.

Cons

Their patient portal, Patient Ally, is AWFUL and I don't recommend it. Be prepared to deal with lots of bugs and customer service that just gives you the run around.

The Upcoming Appointments feature of the portal does not work at all anymore. We've called several times to fix it over the last 6 months, and they just say "We are working on it" and refuse to give an estimated time to fix it. When we've expressed displeasure about this, we were ignored. We lose business because patients check their upcoming appointments tab and see they have nothing scheduled, even though they are in our schedules. Office Ally just doesn't care either so we will be looking for another solution.

There are also plenty other bugs. For example, patients can sometimes request appointment slots that are already full, leading to double-booking. This is not because someone was scheduled in the time between the appointment request and confirmation. It is purely a software bug. The time it takes to resolve these issues with support is lengthy, and often the errors are never fully resolved.

A fairly large chunk of our patients have trouble using it, and completing the on-boarding enrollment.

We also had a worrisome customer service experience with their partner for integrated credit card processing, so we had to use a separate processor.

Top Practice Mate Alternatives

Momentum Scheduling

Preferred Patron Loyalty

Enablemypractice

Jorn T

Reviewed on 25/09/2023

Practice Mate for the solo practic

Great access from any internet connected device. Cost effective office management going on 15 years.

Pros

The scheduling and billing/bookkeeping in one enabled me to split from a sublease and start solo practice with confidence 15 years ago. I came from downloaded software to accessible web-based management system.

Cons

Import of CSV file went well. Some of the pages can be improved to compliment the workflow. Put save buttons everywhere so I don't have to scroll to the bottom every time. Date entry (DOB, injury date etc.) is inconsistent. The cursor automatically advances from month to date but often needs a Tab to go to year. Put another Superbill button all the way up under the charges. Any editing requires a full scroll to the bottom to find it.

Response from Office Ally

Thank you for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

Replied 26/09/2023
Mona

Using Practice Mate

Good experience.

Pros

It's easy to use and has a lot of features that other software companies bill for as modules making your monthly cost higher than it needs to be. Easier to set up the ERA's and it's a great clearinghouse if that's all you need.

Cons

I honestly don't know what to say here.

Scott

Reviewed on 19/09/2023

Long Term Office Ally Practice Mate User

Bottom line for my billing company is the overhead to use Practice Mate is very fair priced. Productivity is the best EHR/Billing platform for less time managing daily task.

Pros

Streamlining daily visits and claims created is fast and easy with patient visit templates for repeat patients where coding is the same procedure each visit. Accounting & entering payments with the ability to be able to easily adjust and delete payments is very fast and not frustrating.

Cons

Entering payments manually can be confusing with added steps to choose payment to, payment from, payment method. The older version was a lot easier to add payments as it was more simplified. But some of my staff love the new version of adding payments. It's a preference of the individual user.

Replied 20/09/2023
Patrick

Reviewed on 16/09/2023

Essential for Electronic Medical Billing

I honestly love it! I couldn't run my business without it!

Pros

The ease of use for electronic medical billing is my favorite thing about Office Ally Practice Mate. I am able to do an entire weeks worth of medical billing in only a few minutes. Plus, adding new patients or updating existing patient charts is simple and easy.

Cons

The only thing I would change is that after you create a claim, instead of returning to the current day's calendar, I wish you could return to the date you of the claim you just created. This would be nice because I usually do all my billing at the end of the week and go from day to day. This isn't really a huge problem, it just takes my a few seconds more. Kind of a ticky-tacky complaint really.

Replied 18/09/2023
Tuan

Reviewed on 12/09/2023

Office Ally. Practice Mate.

I like it a lot. It's relatively inexpensive. If they increase the price, I may look at other systems. So, for the functionality I need, it's good enough.

Pros

Inexpensive. Can use both for scheduling and billing/claim. Internet base. Easy to use.

Cons

Many small details and features difficult for me to explain. Example: Schedule change does not document who changes it, when, to where/when. Prescription part has a lot of features that seem very poorly designed. Appointment slots are too rigid with either 15 min or 30 min, etc. Not dynamic. Many others.

Response from Office Ally

Thank you for the review. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

Patricia

A lot for your money

Overall, I like the program- it does what I need, and my biller uses it- so we are all on the same page. It schedules, bills, files claims and creates reports all for a very affordable fee.

Pros

I like that the scheduling, billing and insurance claim filing is all in one program. As I learned my way around the program, I found I liked it more and more. I have utilized the Patient Ally portal for my patients, and had some of my forms put into electronic form so that patients have the option to fill out registration paperwork online. This has been such a nice feature. Patients use this to schedule their own appointments as well.

Cons

The video appointment- virtual appointment feature is non functional for me. And it sends an email to my patients in the middle of the night with a link for our appointment which is their link-- however, it doesn't work-- I use Doxy in place of this feature, but its confusing for my new virtual patients to get the email from Office Ally and then it doesn't work.

Response from Office Ally

Thank you Patricia for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

Carrie

Reviewed on 25/09/2023

Use of Practice Mate for Electronic Billing in a clinical psychology private practice.

Excellent. No complaints. Highly recommend.

Pros

Customer service is exceptional at trouble shooting claims that fail to process for remittance. Professionalism, knowledge and competence of office ally staff.

Cons

It is impossible to ascertain why claims are not accepted by payors and always requires time to contact an office ally service representatives to understand why and how behavioral healthcarecompanies have changed the information they want submitted on claims- however it is farpreferable to speak to office ally representatives than to try and get information from the behavioralhealth companies who routinely give misinformation or are unable to troubleshoot.

Replied 26/09/2023
Kathy

Reviewed on 24/08/2023

Love Practice Mate

Pros

I love how user friendly it is. Our schedule is color coordinated which makes it so easy for staff.

Cons

I don't like that we can't customize accounting reports. We currently run a few reports every month to get the numbers we need for inventory.

Response from Office Ally

Thank you Kathy for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience. If you are interested, please reach out to me.

Replied 25/08/2023
Angela

Reviewed on 26/09/2023

Practice Mate is a very useful tool.

My overall experience has been good.

Pros

I appreciate the scheduling features and ability to have patients fill out intake documents online and keep them in their patient record. It also makes filing claims and tracking payments/accounts a breeze. I have found their customer service to be good and their scheduled training sessions to be Extremely helpful, especially in the areas of accounting and filing secondary claims.

Cons

Unfortunately I do not receive an alert that I have a new message in the patient portal so I have to remember to check many times through out my busy day. Also, there is no way for me to securely send messages with attachments to others in our practice- only to patients.

Replied 28/09/2023
Carolyn

Reviewed on 28/08/2023

One Stop Shop for Claims and Accounts Receivable

Great way to track payments from payors and patients alike.

Pros

Most of our payors pay us through Practice Mate, it's quick, convenient, the tech support is good and they will back you up if a payor tries to ding you for Timely Filing and you did submit the claim on time.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives. It meets all of my needs.

Response from Office Ally

Thank you Carolyn for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

Replied 29/08/2023
Kristy

Reviewed on 21/09/2023

Important tool for my practice.

Using Practice Mate makes my administrative tasks easy. Billing and scheduling, client management.

Pros

The ease of use with calendar and billing

Cons

would be great to have access to BIRP format notes in clients files with drop down options to make note writing easy

Replied 22/09/2023
Regina

All in One Service

I have been a happy customer since 2017 and have recommended Practice Mate to colleagues.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of navigating from tab to tab, the ability to scan and store documents, and the seamless transmission of claims.

Cons

The posting of payments could be streamlined.

Response from Office Ally

Thank you Regina for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

Gilian

Great product, I've used it since 2015

I've been very happy and will continue to use Practice Mate, the price is great and it's comprehensive. It connects to the clearing system, which is great.

Pros

It covers everything and the cost is great, there is no cost. I run everything through Practice Mate, I do my aging, I do everything.

Cons

It's hard to say because it's pretty comparable to other systems that are considerably more expensive.

Sherryl

Reviewed on 13/09/2023

Practice Manager

work flow, calendar usage, financial tracking.

Pros

Easy to use reliable, great help from customer service.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about. There isn't anything that don't dislike.

Stephen

Reviewed on 19/09/2023

Very useful, incredible support

I primarily create claims and manage billing with PracticeMate

Pros

Once it is set up, very easy and simple to use

Cons

I think the most frustrating thing about PracticeMate are due to the necessities of compliance than product failures

Replied 20/09/2023
Mazyar

Love this program

Works great for my practice!

Pros

Very easy to use. This is a very friendly program.

Cons

Nothing at all. It works great for my chiropractic needs. This is a very friendly program.

Response from Office Ally

Thank you Mazyar for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

Lynda

Reviewed on 20/09/2023

Ease of use and full capacity to help with readily available personal who address any question.

Amazing platform and I have recommended it to other providers

Pros

The claim and session options are easy to use

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about practice mate

Replied 27/09/2023
Anna

Reviewed on 26/09/2023

sharing

meets by basic needs

Pros

cost, availability, assess and use by many colleagues

Cons

not very comprehensive or easy to use. Search mechanism is not quite sofisticated

Replied 27/09/2023
Mayra

Reviewed on 24/08/2023

Dr. Lozada

Pros

User friendly and excellent practice management tools

Cons

No cons. I would highly recommended. 100%

Response from Office Ally

Thank you Mayra for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience. If you are interested, please reach out to me.

Replied 25/08/2023
Carol

Reviewed on 21/01/2019

Good Value

If you are a smaller practice, this should work good for you especially with the low price.

Pros

Does all your billing and scheduling. Very rarely have issues with denied claims. Catches mistakes we make before being sent out. Low cost. Does phone, text, and email reminders.

Cons

Can't manually send out text reminders. Can't link reminder system to a phone number, uses a random phone number. A little bit of a learning curve and sometimes slow loading pages. System can't hold large files. Only will show 100 patients, have to deactivate patients to see the full list. The program needs work, but they have been updating it.

Phil

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Fantastic Calendaring and connection to Office Ally for insurance processing

Pros

I have used this service for nearly 8 years and have loved it for the calendar and insurance processing for insurance claims for my patients and clients.

Cons

They recently changed to charge for certain insurance companies an extra fee which has made the service more expensive than it was for the original 7 years. I am considering moving all this over to TherapyNotes to submit my insurance claims because I am a small practice.

Jesus

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Amazing billing set up

Pros

It's real easy to do billing here. Everything is well organized and I love how it connects to EHR. It makes it easy to look up patients information and uploads without having to switch over to EHR.

Cons

Sometimes I still get lost here. A better layout for all the tabs and functions could be implemented, but the way it is right now isn't too bad.