Yardi Breeze Reviews

About Yardi Breeze

Yardi Breeze is all-in-one, cloud-based property management software for companies of any size. Our scalable solutions put you in charge of your entire portfolio from lead to lease. Take operations to the cloud with online...

3.9

Browse Yardi Breeze Reviews

Jocelyn
Jocelyn

Yardi Breeze is a Breeze

I really like the Yardi Breeze program; it is very intuitive and organized.

Pros

The chat feature has always been a plus; my last software I had to pay every time I had a question! This year my favorite thing is the AP PayScan. It has saved so much time in our invoice processing system, it would never go back to the old ways of doing things!

Cons

The help portion of the program has so much information, but sometimes I can't locate what I need. Also, sometimes, one little thing is "marked/off" and then I can't get something to work and I need to call for help. The helpdesk is great when you can use the chat feature.

Reasons for Choosing Yardi Breeze

Skyline was difficult to use and expensive when I needed help.

SKYLINE

Reasons for Switching to Yardi Breeze

I saw Yardi reports from another real estate company and I thought "that is what I want to use" plus they could transfer our information from Skyline and meet our goal of a quick transition.
Smart Chick Megan
Smart Chick Megan

I love Yardi Breeze!

My overall experience is great! I love everything about the software and feel incredibly lucky as a small operator to not have to settle for bad software while we grow. Yardi was there for unit 1 and they will be my ride or die software for unit 1,000 and beyond.

Pros

I love how easy the platform is to use and the support we get from chat. I talk to chat all the time and they are friendly, efficient and helpful every time.

It's powerful!

Cons

Adding an application or roommate to an existing profile can be cumbersome.

Cathryn

Reviewed on 18/04/2024

Pros

- User friendly interface
- Availability of customer support
- Wide range of functions available
- payment processing is stellar

Cons

- Electronic signature of documents not available
- Tenant screening too expensive
- marketing does not integrate with regional MLS / real estate board, no co-operation with realtors (best to have a realtor/broker portal for marketing)
- no open API for add on functions

Top Yardi Breeze Alternatives

AppFolio Property Manager

Property Boulevard

Kamil

Reviewed on 16/03/2024

I wanted to like this product...

My initial decision to go with Yardi was because the seller told me about a new feature that would allow data transfer from Buildium to Yardi in a single click. They said that this seller doesn't work for Yardi anymore. Unfortunately, I discovered 3 months later that this feature did not exist, necessitating manual data transfer. This process was not only time-consuming, taking approximately 30 hours for just a third of the data, but also costly, with an additional 60 hours estimated to complete the task, amounting to an extra +$1000. Despite the misleading information from the seller, Yardi refused to offer a refund for the remaining months. I do understand, as I signed the contract, but I still find this unfair as I was lied to get that contract signed.

Ultimately, I have decided to return to Buildium, which, following recent updates, offers superior software with more features compared to Yardi, for a cheaper price!

Pros

This software is Canadian and offers a faster payment process for tenants and owners when they use one of Canada's five major banks.

Cons

- The lack of an open API is a significant drawback, especially given the product's high pricing.

- The contract can only be canceled in the first month, yet fully testing the software within this period is impractical. It took 3 months to set up payments, tenant screening, and other features, making it impossible to evaluate the software's full capabilities fairly.

- The user interface is not intuitive. For instance, deleting a property requires navigating to a special option within the admin toolbox rather than allowing direct deletion from the property list. Extensive training from Yardi staff is necessary to navigate the system, which is a challenge even for someone with my technology proficiency.

- The phone application does not support adding notes to a unit, such as door keypad or keybox codes.

- Tenant screening functionality is basic, requiring manual entry by my staff. In contrast, platforms like Singlekey offer advanced features, enabling tenants to input their information directly and pay for their screening seamlessly.

DoorLoop and Buildium

Reasons for Choosing Yardi Breeze

I wanted to have a Canadian software as we are a Canadian company, and faster payment process.

Buildium

Reasons for Switching to Yardi Breeze

I went back to Buildium as finally it's a much better software than Yardi Breeze, for a cheaper price!
SHAILESH

Review after implementing it for 3 years

Pros

Ease of use. very effective rent roll and payment processing.

Cons

Financial reporting could be better. We need more customized reporting tools like columnar trial balance for multi properties.

Yardi Voyager

QB is not designed for Real estate & property management

Reasons for Switching to Yardi Breeze

Cost effectiveness. Voyager is very expensive.
Sherri

Reviewed on 12/10/2023

My Review

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up your lease information so that monthly rent/CAM invoices are very easy to create and distribute to tenants.

Cons

I wish that when you opened a data entry screen, that your cursor would automatically show up in the first data box without having to click everytime. I like keyboard shortcuts so all the transitioning to the mouse feels like wasted time. I would have like better options for how to organize attachments. Data folders to use rather than trying to figure out a system of naming everything would be helpful. We really didn't receive any training on Breeze when it was originally implemented. I feel like there are many features that I don't even know about because so many things weren't explained. It was initiation by fire.

Reviewed on 13/02/2024

Great Product - still a work in progress

We are quite satisfied with Yardi Breeze and always look forward to the updates to make this an even better product!!

Pros

It is a comprehensive program that allows us to synchronize our property management, administration and accounting functions together. We have gained efficiencies throughout the organization. In addition, as a user of many of Yardi's platforms, Breeze is easy to use and is quite user friendly.

Cons

While using the product there are a number of glitches/processes that need to be improved upon. The check scanning App doesn't work for Canadian bank accounts and we cannot use it. In addition, remittance advice on EFT payments is missing information like the invoice number and some other areas can be improved. For the reporting, the Tenant code is not on any of the reports.

Randall

Commercial Real Estate Necessity

I have been using 2+ years and have been pleased with the software.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and has a nice user interface. It is a complete software package for the real estate industry with all the necessary tools in one place: Accounting, Lease Management, Tenant Communication.

Cons

There are certain features that could be improved based on other software available. Re-applying cash receipts could be improved. The ability to have more fields available for true mail merge communication with tenants would be awesome.

Joanne

Breeze Review

My overall experience with Yardi Breeze has been positive. Yardi Breeze is quite easy to use.

Pros

What I most like about Yardi Breeze is the ease of adding information, payments, emailing directly from the customer's account.

Cons

What I like least about Yardi Breeze is the inconsistency of some results.

Lindsey

Reviewed on 18/04/2024

YARDI Breeze was the best decision I made.

I am very happy with my purchase of YARDI Breeze and would choose it over and over again.

Pros

YARDI Breeze is so much more efficient than any other property management software I have used (which is a many). It has made our jobs faster in every department.

Cons

Nothing! I am very happy with that YARDI Breeze has to offer.

Robert

Reviewed on 26/05/2020

Expand your business with Yardi Breeze

During this pandemic, going virtual is absolutely essential. We are an essential business and we DID NOT SKIP A BEAT when we went into shelter in place orders. As owner of the property management business I am just incredibly thankful to have finished implementation just 4 months earlier. We really lucked out on the timing.

Pros

The rent collection is most helpful feature. Reports are incredibly easy to send out to owners each month. The accounting system is extremely robust. I was able to get up and running pretty quickly. However I am still learning new features all the time.

Cons

The implementation time was very long, over a year. However, my previous setup was not able to be imported (manual system) so I understand why. Nevertheless, I would not change anything. We are very happy to be in the cloud with Yardi Breeze.

AppFolio Property Manager

Flexibility with Yardi

Reasons for Switching to Yardi Breeze

Flexibility with Yardi. Multiple clients had different management requirements.

Response from Yardi Systems

Hi Robert,
You were wise to implement online software before it was essential to do so given shelter-in-place orders. And rent collection certainly helps keep the lights on, so I'm glad Breeze has been helpful in that area. We're always here to help explain any features via live chat. Thanks for the feedback!

Replied 11/06/2020
Bailie

Reviewed on 12/05/2023

So glad we switched!

For what I use in Yardi, it works and it works well! I'm happy with what I've come across thus far.

Pros

It truly is very user friendly! The chat bubble on the bottom for customer service has been a LIFESAVER! (Shoutout to the Yardi Breeze CS Team). The response time is extremely fast with their chat center, even if they're unavailable. I love being able to pull future monthly postings as well to determine what the income is going to be for a specific month, and there are multiple ways to double check yourself within reports, which is also very helpful.

Cons

The leasing portion is a bit confusing to me. CRM Queue isn't all that helpful. When I send out an email from Breeze, I do wish that it pulled their responses into Breeze. Also, it would be very helpful to be able to search an apartment number, and be able to see "Past" "Future" "Notice" without having to click on the resident/unit to determine those things. Also, I think that when you're sending mass communication out via email, it does not automatically include people that are on notice, you have to manually click them, even though they're technically still current residents that should still receive whatever email you're trying to send. That's a small inconvenience, however, for what I use Yardi for, it works and it works good.

Erica

Reviewed on 30/04/2020

Great Software!

My experience with Yardi Breeze has been mostly positive. I do find that when there is an issue that someone doesn't understand it take a long time to get a response. I truly believe that if you utilize your users with experience to explore new patches before launching you could head off a lot of issues. The most recent patch has created some issues that we are still trying to get fixed.

Pros

Yardi Breeze has many different functions and makes running our properties and updating our tenants very easy. The platform is easy to use and also easy to access being completely cloud based.

Cons

There are several areas that could use improvements, just small improvements that would make a big diffrence.

Yardi Voyager and Buildium

Reasons for Choosing Yardi Breeze

Customer service and functionality.

Property Boulevard

Reasons for Switching to Yardi Breeze

Yardi Breeze was newer and more cost effective, I was also familiar with the Voyager platform.

Response from Yardi Systems

Hi Erica,

Thank you for your review! I'm glad Breeze has been easy for you to learn and use, but sorry that your experience hasn't been perfectly seamless. We do our best to patch 99% of issues prior to launch, but that's also why we keep a globally based IT staff on hand to help whenever necessary. Please reach out to us via live chat or call your client support team directly if you are still having issues. We want you fully operational as soon as possible.

Patrice

Reviewed on 01/05/2020

Yardi Breeze

We love that our tenants are able to pay online, this is so helpful with ones who are behind.

Pros

The transition to Yardi Breeze was so smooth. We were able to start using right away.

Cons

There were some reports that we were used to using that are not in Breeze. Also, having to add all the CAM Charges was a little hassle.

Yardi Voyager

Reasons for Choosing Yardi Breeze

We decided to switch because how easy the program was. Also, we love that it is cloud based and everything is real time. We love the fact that we can have as many users as we want. Our biggest reason to switch to Breeze was because our tenants would be able to use the tenant portal to pay online.

Response from Yardi Systems

Hi Patrice,

I'm glad to hear that Breeze is working out for you and your tenants. It sounds like you may have questions about a few features. If you'd like to discuss them, I can have a client service expert reach out to you. In the meantime, we hope you continue to enjoy Breeze!

Michele
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 04/08/2021

Introduction and decision to use Yardi Breeze for a "out of the box" project

My overall experience was exceptional from the first call with the sales team to our implementation specialist. I would highly recommend Yardi Breeze.

Pros

I found the ability to customize for a project that was not a typical end user for Yardi Breeze. Considering the complexity of our project, our implementation specialist was amazing and made the process a breeze!

Cons

The main downside of the Yardi Breeze was not having the banking integration, but it was my understanding it might become available in future updates.

QuickBooks Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing Yardi Breeze

We needed the ability for financial accounting for multi-entities and property management.

Reasons for Switching to Yardi Breeze

We tried the software for 30 days, the customer service was horrible and the software was not working for what we needed without a lot of work-arounds of which required customer service.

Response from Yardi Systems

Hi Michele,
It's great to hear that your experience has been exceptional! It sounds like accounting is an important part of the software for you, so I'm glad it stands up to other accounting programs and eliminates the need for them. Thanks for the feedback!
Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze [email protected]

Replied 13/09/2021
Samantha
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 05/10/2023

Yardi Breeze with Ease

Pros

I love the simplicity of the program and how user-friendly it is. The integration was also super easy and I was able to set it up with the help of an amazing Yardi team!, [sensitive content hidden], my Heros!!

Cons

I wish I had better access to Rent Cafe. With Voyager I had better access and could help tenants in a much simpler way.

Susan

Reviewed on 28/06/2023

Not quite up to speed for commercial yet

Not good - going to get through this year and do reconciliations and then probably leaving for good. I have not, and will not, be switching over the many other commercial properties I manage (both as a brokerage and prop manager) because it has fallen quite short of my expectations. The system seems to be highly geared towards residential as are most of the staff when I call or get on chat as it takes at least 5 minutes (and usually much longer) in between what I ask about and them finding answers. Again, more of my time spent unnecessarily on Yardi crud than in leasing, selling and managing commercial properties.

Pros

Tracking rent payments, invoicing tenants, some of the reports

Cons

Integration in April was not easy at all. Spent hours and hours getting all the info entered to get up to speed. Never did get the previous management information in related to expenses so reconciling CAM was a nightmare (one of the biggest reasons I adopted this platform for 4 of my multi-tenant commercial properties) and after 100+++ hours spent, I finally went back and had to do it all by hand because the calculations were not correct. As compensation for my inconvenience, I was given like a month's credit for the thousands and thousands of dollars I lost in time spent on what should have been done by Yardi. I found out that on several tenants, Yardi just stopped posting recovery charges for 6 months leaving those tenants with HIGH unexpected amounts due. When I asked for a letter from Yardi to share with my tenants that Yardi had no idea why they didn't post, I was told they would not provide such a letter. Being a new management company to these properties, this did NOTHING to help my credibility with them. Many of the reports I need are not able to be run. I have submitted several suggestions on improvements, none of which have I seen happen in the 14+ months with Yardi.

Bob
Bob

Reviewed on 29/08/2021

Exhausting and Expensive

Nightmare that we can't wake up from.

Pros

Reports are excellent and the bookkeeping/accounting side have minimal trouble.

Cons

Breeze is everything but a breeze. It has been hands down the most clumsy, clunky system for property management. Everything is a add-on or needs to be enabled. It has been an uphill battle for those that use the software to manage properties. We are nearly one year with this software and can't get tenants from cradle to grave (guest card to move-in) through the system. Want to screen a tenant need to enable that which requires Yardi staff (who took over a week to get it on). Constantly being told - "do the training modules" which end up being different or you hit some enable snag that only Yardi can fix. Want to electronically sign documents (which you would think it would be baked into a PM program) nope, you have to buy an add-on. Want to communicate with tenants? They have to opt-in to your request instead of opt-out like Buildium or AppFolio. Maintenance staff can't use it and no good app for it. Tenants are either perplexed by the system or it requires tech support to get them enabled.

Response from Yardi Systems

Hi Bob,
I'm sorry that this has been your experience. I've alerted our customer success team who will be looking into why the system isn't functioning as it should for you. If we are unable to find you due to the limited information available in your review, please email me and I will escalate accordingly. In the meantime, thank you for the feedback. I hope our team is able to rectify your concerns.
Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze [email protected]

Replied 07/12/2021
Chantel

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

I comp'd the rest, but Yardi was the best

The team at Yardi has been incredible and that was mostly why I chose this property management software. When I first began this journey of exploring my options, I was overwhelmed by the many companies out there. I literally contacted over 10 companies. The customer service and help teams at Yardi have been amazing with their time, follow up and assistance. My impression of Yardi Breeze and recommendations to others, comes strictly from my experience with them. Furthermore, my new bookkeeper, who has experience with several different platforms, wanted me to share the following : I am new to Yardi Breeze so am still learning but so far have found the software straightforward for the day-to-day Accounting transactions. When an issue has come up I found the Chat feature very helpful. The representatives are patient, knowledgeable and able to see the data in real time so can walk you through the processes. This has been very helpful as I maneuver through Breeze and find my way.Moreover, I was recently selected to speak at a focus group on various Property Management softwares. I will be sure to share my glowing review of Yardi Breeze with them, as well.

Pros

Yardi provides easy to follow tutorials, a few weeks of personal one-on-one assistance for setup help and continuous followup calls and touchpoints to ensure there are no issues.

Cons

Some information should be provided in a one pager FAQ, so as not to keep using Help or Chat for things that are typical trouble shooting issues during initial setup. Also, I have had an issue with a report for months and no one can seem to figure out why. I have attempted to contact 4 people at Yardi for this matter.

Cadie

Reviewed on 17/04/2024

The Chat Features is the Real Hero!

Pros

I was immediately impressed with how user-friendly Yardi is. The website and even the app are so easy to navigate. The chat feature located at the bottom of the screen makes this program better than any other software I have used. The ability to easily connect with Yardi and get assistance on any issue is invaluable.

Cons

Deleting an item is too easy. Some items should have a warning pop-up to notify the user that deleting this item may cause permanent changes. Deleting an item that may alter financial statements, for example.

Reviewed on 10/01/2019

All-In-One Leasing Solution for Apartment Management

Overall, our team loved using Yardi. It was the software we used from when we first opened and helped us lease the entire community within the span of 12-14 months. Besides the few cons listed above, the pros definitely outweighs it. I'd suggest giving Yardi a shot if you've never used it before.

Pros

Our team loved using Yardi for our lease up which was about 250 units in total. I loved how user-friendly and easy it was when it came to adding in new prospect information and also sending out marketing information to them via the software. It doesn't take very long and saved me a ton of time when it came to outbound marketing. I also loved how it typically doesn't lag out on me when I'm pulling up current and past resident information. I've worked at a property before where residents would get upset, because I wasn't able to provide them with the information they needed fast enough as the system we had would freeze all the time.

Cons

There are quite a few pop-up notifications that can occur and can be irritating at times when entering in new information. I wish there was a way to disable them or pick which notifications I'd like to pop up. There are certain fields that need to be filled in that are sometimes unnecessary. This can also slow down productivity when trying to provide prospects with the best service possible.

Lorri

Reviewed on 28/09/2023

Accounting and user unfriendly

I'm sorry to say I'm not a fan due to illogical and user-unfriendly, albeit, mandatory features. For the most part chat is helpful, but many times, the problem needed to be taken off-line or required a "packet" to correct. Several (extremely important/critical to me) requests that were submitted via feedback and the fixes were deemed unimportant and unnecessary. Lastly, oftentimes, I'm given "fix" that tells me a different location to find the information (not helpful) that does not fix what I'm asking - an option to print g/l information (that appears on the screen) when I print a receipt (the g/l information is omitted).

Pros

Search features that include email field is wonderful.

Cons

Poor accounting and ease of use features (or the integrity of the account features). Inability to print g/l information on a receipt (as it appears on the screen), footprint of prepaid causes omission of (critical) charge date (Case 12477845) and processing RentCafe payments accounted for on the tenant screen, but not on the ledger (two different balance due amounts for the same tenant), inability to see any amount prepaid at any other place besides the cash receipt screen, date driven sensitivity is to high, required use of move-in button that does not allow an edit of all fields (rent and deposit amount).

kirk

Reviewed on 01/12/2022

Yardi has helped our business grow

This is at least my second version of Yardi, and Breeze is very easy to work with. If one is not familiar with accounting software or management software, there will be a learning curve, but this powerful software, which allows the user to keep very detailed records for all aspects of management, or simply use the features you need. , which are also great for the amount of detail that can be added for all aspects of real estate management.

Pros

Ease of use for onboarding of new employees and accountants, while retaining the full accounting power of other Yardi software. Payment processing. Tenant portal with payment processing and maintenance correspondence.

Cons

I would be trying to think of a complaint...

Response from Yardi Systems

Thanks for being a long-time Yardi user! We are glad Breeze is working well for you and helping your business grow. Wishing you continued success in the new year!

Replied 10/01/2023
Jeffrey

Reviewed on 30/04/2020

Excellent product

Excellent, we were an early adopter so we encountered some bumps in the road but the responsiveness of the Yardi staff was excellent.

Pros

Software is very intuitive and user friendly. The customer service online chat feature is outstanding. The accounting processes are very strong.

Cons

We have had several complaints with the software over the past two years and have used their feedback feature which has resulted in updates to the software that have resolved 90% of our concerns. Probably the most cumbersome and least functional part of the program for us is the bank reconciliation feature.

Response from Yardi Systems

Hi Jeffrey,
Customer service is a cornerstone of our company mission, so I'm very glad to hear that we've been responsive and able to help. Please don't hesistate to reach out with any troubleshooting issues, big or small. We'd love to talk to you more about bank reconciliations to see what we can do to make that a seamless process going forward. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

Stephanie

Property Management a Breeze

Pros

Appearance and ease of generating reports. Customization of account titles

Cons

Screening WOrks, Tenant status eliminates tenant in certain views,
filters and generate to an excel spreadsheet not in all reports