About Branch

Branch is a cloud-based employee time and productivity tracking solution designed for businesses managing multiple employee shifts. It offers the ability to track hourly work, view schedules, plan shifts, assign tasks and...

Browse Branch Reviews

Opeyemi O.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

branch messenger review

Pros

The update interval for this app is way frequent and actually fixes things. I work with a bunch of friends and with branch messenger, it is much easier to schedule and update our calendar to our taste. Effectiveness has never been this easy and cheap as now, there is no need to have a squabble with anyone over who was meant to do what and at what time, they all constantly get reminded and everyone gets on easy. The upcoming schedule notification is great, the chatroom is just right for sharing information and the news feed is perfect for broadcast messages.

Cons

Branch simply glitches and that's just about everything i hate about it. Sometimes when trying to make a post, branch puts you off with a response about how your post can not be published at the moment, then, you make the post again in an effort to get your aim achieved and then voila, you've got duplicate posts to your name. This is something that needs to be fixed asap.

Betsy V.

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

Branch Messenger has always been easy and convenient to use.

Pros

I love that all you have to do is post the picture of the schedule and it will automatically list all the people working that day and it alerts everyone automatically. I think it is extremely convenient and I never miss a shift this way.

Cons

I don't think that there is a lot to dislike about Branch Messenger. Whenever I had issues with the app, customer support always got back to me quickly. I think that there is this one glitch when I look at the picture schedule and go back, the bottom tab that lets me navigate disappears so I have to exit out of the app and restart.

Melissa T.
  • Industry: Supermarkets
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 25/03/2021

Last resort banking app

When i needed help, Branch actually helped. If you were given key information before having to make a choice & terms weren't so high & constantly changing it wouldn't be such a bad banking app.

Pros

I was in a pinch & just needed a little financial help to get me through until payday & luckily the branch app came through. I was approved a day or so after applying & after they confirmed my employment & banking status.

Cons

The approved pay advance you'd be offered wasn't always the same & sometimes it was nothing at all even. While they kept up-to-date with each account they hold back key info people needing an advance would need to make their decision.

Top Branch Alternatives

Brett N.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

Needs some improvement with functionality

Overall, I think it can be a really helpful software. A few changes would need to happen for this to occur.

Pros

I like the overall idea of the software and it helps connect employees together for scheduling issues and to communicate. It’s also good to keep up with my schedule and finances all in the same place.

Cons

I tried to get a advance and i had trouble connecting my bank as well as many other people I talked too. Customer service was quick to respond, but the issue is still not resolved.

Vanessa M.

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Always easy to use and great for checking your schedule and staying organized.

Pros

That it's easily accessible from my phone at all time and it gives the option to message your coworkers. The messaging option makes getting a shift covered very easy to do.

Cons

Nothing. It's been great, there are very little issues with the app and I've yet to have an issue. Schedule has always been accessible so I love it.

Octavius H.

Reviewed on 17/02/2018

Very good program to interact with employer and employees and stay up to date.

Pros

I don't have to save anything to know when I work next and I can easily message my supervisor and other fellow colleagues workers about help at work or needing a cover or change. It also helps keep up to date with things I may not know of at work that are posted for me to be able to know what's going on.

Charles N.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Wonderfully easy

Pros

Ease of scheduling, ease of trading shifts, just all around makes scheduling and viewing your schedule great fast and easy

Jannatin N.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 09/09/2020

Got a Business? Workers and Employees to keep track of? This is your best help!

Great, wonderful, and by far the best application so far that we had to use so far to work as a proper team. So I adore this software!

Pros

This software is one of the best applications in managing shifts and hours for employees. As an employee, I am able to drop shifts, pick up shifts, or give shifts to others who may be able to cover them up for me. It just makes the process so much easier and literally gives a great light to the meaning of "Branch"

Cons

I do not like how a lot of settings tend to not be accessible cause the manager has to approve it but other than that, it is a great software.

Amber F.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 26/12/2019

Branch helps me not be so stressed about paychecks!

Overall very helpful for people who are living paycheck to paycheck and need access to their money sooner than they would get paid normally. Really love that they also send you a debit card so you can use them just like you would a bank. Super easy and makes my life a little less stressful.

Pros

I really love the fact that I can get my paycheck a few days earlier than normal if needed. There are some weeks where my bills just fall on the wrong days and getting my paycheck sooner helps me be able to pay them. Also having no overdraft fees is a pretty neat feature as well. My old bank would charge me $30 even if I overdrafted by just $1. Not being charged if I overdraft by a little bit is a lifesaver.

Cons

There is no login required every time I open it. Not the worst feature but having to remember to log out every time I use it so no one else can just open it up is a little bit of a hassle. All my other financial apps automatically log me out.

• Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 07/12/2021

Not bad

Pros

For the most part its pretty simple to use

Cons

The pin is too long , which results in forgetting your pin and getting locked out

Josheoni K.
  • Industry: Wireless

Reviewed on 21/11/2020

Free and Easy to use

My overall experience is okay what I recommended to my family and friends as of right now no. I personally think that Branch should add a little bit more options and definitely have that online customer service chat whether it being live or a robot. Thank you

Pros

What I liked about branch is that it's simple and easy. I've only use this for a couple of months and I have not ran into any major problems. I like the fact that it's free you could link your bank to it if it qualifies, you can lock and unlock your card without calling 1-800 customer service, you can add funds, you can move funds, link to Google pay, and you can even ask for a Payday advance. That's if you qualify.

Cons

No there are a couple of things that I don't like about it is that I know it's simple and easy to use but sometimes it's a little too simple. Like for example when you want to add funds if you're adding from a bank account it will take three to five business days and for me that's way too long. But also concerns me is that there is no setting to manage alerts for example every time a money is being taken out or my card is being used at the store I want to get an alert so I know with branch there's no settings whatsoever. My last concern is that there is no online chat for customer service. By the time most people get off which is at 5:00 and then get home around 6:00 the banks are already closed. now if I'm sitting there and I want to go over my finances and I see something wrong in my account I don't want to have to wait until the following morning when I'm at work. I want to take care of the issue right then and there with most banks such as Wells Fargo is 24/7. I feel if the customer service is not there then you're never going to be serviced the way you should as a customer. I mean without customers there's no business.

Chad K.

Reviewed on 06/10/2017

Great way to connect with employees Ina way that is inclusive and easily accessible.

Just the ease of accessibility in which I have to communicate with all employees at one time.

Pros

Everything! I like that everyone on the app can access and share the same information with ease. I love how not only does it enable you to post and share work schedules, but the app also breaks down the schedule to an easily viewed breakdown per fa of each week. It shows you who is coming in and when on which day so that there is never any confusion as to who is working. I also love how it will alert you two hours before you have your next shift starting, just in case you forget or just didn't see the schedule posted at work. I also love how there is an individual chat option so you can have private conversations with your coworkers about work related issues that not everyone needs to see. Lastly, I love how the app enables a form of communication that doesn't require the use of people's data, minutes, or texts, as many people don't always have unlimited access to these.

Cons

There really isn't anything negative I can think of with the app, other than sometimes it will get the wrong times for upcoming shifts on the daily break downs of the schedule. However, you can just as easily double check the schedule posted in the app in case you feel there might be an error.

James T.

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

Fun program good platform

The schedule data lets managers and employees work together without direct contact, saving both groups time and annoyance

Pros

The level of options and systems in the program is impressive. There are basically 4 programs in one, an image share, a calendar, a messenger and a wage calculator. Streamlines the scheduling process for managers and staff as well because you eliminate the need to call in and verify shifts.

Cons

The messaging service seems to use data instead of SMS which can be a problem with large numbers of group members and messages. Also, the coverage tools could be improved by typing in times rather than the rolling clock input

Reviewed on 02/11/2017

I found Branch to be easy to network with all employees

Having problems editing and changing position and business.

Pros

Being able to post the weekly schedule and shift reminders. I like to use it to add training tips so all the crew can see it. I also use it to praise and recognize individual crew members and the team as a whole.

Cons

I would like More GIFS related to Arby's and the food industry. Sometimes I get notifications about conversations but when I go into the App I can't find the whole conversation that I was notified about, so it's like coming into the middle of something that you aren't quite sure what the original question is about.

Grayson B.

Reviewed on 15/06/2018

Perfect for Connecting With Work!

Reminders about shifts, new information from store supervisor, other things important to my job.

Pros

What I personally love about this app is that it's the perfect way to see my schedule and who I'm working with instead of taking a picture of my schedule every week on my phone and taking up more space than what is necessary. The app also shows you how much you make in a week when you add your wage, and also reminds you of your shift a couple hours before! On the main page it also shows you the current weather, which is great if you don't work in the same town as the one you live in like myself. You can post within the app and there is a section to post in to see if anyone needs a shift covered or if you yourself needs a shift covered.

Cons

There isn't really anything that I dislike about the software, but if I had to choose something it would be the "Team" tab which is used for contacting other team members, making groups, etc. I personally don't use it, and opt to just text my co-workers instead, but it is a great idea to have the section inside the app.

Bailey C.

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

I used Branch Messenger to receive updates from work, and stay updated by my managers

Pros

What I liked most was the ability to post schedule changes or swap with another person, request days off, and the ability to contact my co-workers when I don't have their number. Branch was very easy to use also, and easy to navigate. I also enjoyed how there was different settings for viewing the times I worked in a week, and how you could add someone else to the timeline and track their schedule as well.

Cons

What I did not like s much was on the comments some people would leave, you could not view who liked what exactly.

Alyssa N.

Reviewed on 05/07/2018

overall this is pretty useful for working at a place with a lot of people you don't know well.

the biggest benefit is being able to communicate with my team in an organized way rather than just a giant group chat that inevitably gets off track.

Pros

I like the activities board. I like that people can post a general post to everyone without it being in your messages. i also like that you can individually message anyone, it's very useful especially when you don't know anyone when you first start.

Cons

the individual messaging is pretty glitchy, i hate that i cant send emojis and half the time if I'm trying to have a conversation i need to restart the app to get it to load the new message sent to me. i also hate that i cant adjust my shifts. if I'm covering someone else's shift i want to be able to manually add that in, or vise versa. I also hate that in shift coverage it is filled with a bunch of old stuff from months ago, there should be a filter to automatically get rid of them once the date of the shift in question has passed. i also would like if in the comments for posts on the activity bored you could comment gifs and such

Angela S.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 03/10/2017

Love using this app, helps keep my team informed and gives a better source of communication...

We have a setup in our system for employees to get schedules but as I've seen not many stores use it because too complicated. This app is so much easier, faster and accurate

Pros

How easy it is to share info with my team. How there are so many ways to communicate with team and they can also keep in touch with other coworkers. Once I post a schedule I like how fast it posts and also sends alerts to others.

Cons

Not all my coworkers can join app. Some phones aren't capable.
Also sometimes it's hard for new employee to find store in search

Travis D.

Reviewed on 30/01/2018

I like it a lot but for the very simple features!

Really easy for me to use, it reads schedules very easily and is very accurate. Wish it could customize how many hours in advance. Before shift and change the alert type so could be like alarm

Pros

Easy to get the schedule out. I like that it sends out a notice once the schedule is posted. I like that It's easy to post the schedule by simply uploading a picture.

Cons

Multiple people can delete the schedule. I don't like how the schedule swap works. It seems a bit cumbersome and hard to use. We end up just doing it in store. It's hard to keep up with and easier to use in chat.

Also have issues with loading sometimes where I have to log out completely out of app and then log back in.

Jennifer B.

Reviewed on 27/08/2018

Almost there

Pros

It is very easy to use, and there are some great features.

Cons

Messages do not always send right away, I once received a message 3 months after it was sent...

Sometimes Branch does not read a posted scheduled picture correctly, which is confusing for some staff. It cannot differentiate between people with the same first name.

Samuel T.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 25/05/2017

Perfect for normal use to post weekly schedules for team

Daily alerts, scheduling made easy.

Pros

Ease of use, alerts, filters, engagement areas, and speed. This app clearly does what it promises. Ability to swap shifts and post needed coverage is a plus

Cons

Ability to modify based on the company that uses it lacks. Being able to separate pharmacy schedules and front store schedules would be optimal. Separate profiles for front store and pharmacy so communication is filtered. A to-do section for the teams would help improve store productivity.

Derrick G.

Reviewed on 18/01/2020

Branch

Great overall experience so far so good

Pros

I love this app..makes managing money very easy an it also has a feature that you can get a pay advance if needed

Cons

Not very many cons to branch but if i had to give one itd be that there is no actually bank location strictly online

Brad F.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Great app with free features

We have had a great experience using Branch. Besides the scheduling, it is an awesome tool for communicating with coworkers and pushing out important notices.

Pros

The app easily allows us to schedule our employees and push out communications in a snap.

Cons

It would be cool if this app also had an optional clock in/clock out feature.

Shenea A.

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Love it

It was very easy to use. Loved it alot to use to use it.

Pros

Every feature on this software I like . It was very very easy to learn how to use it didn't take long

Cons

There wasn't nothing I didn't like inlikedd everything about it. Very good software to use lol very easy

Santana N.

Reviewed on 25/06/2018

Great way to find out when I work and communicate with team members

Pros

The app is very easy to use and self-explanatory. being able to scroll through it and find out what days you have to work is great.

Cons

Sometimes runs slow sometimes and closes out on its own. You might have to reopen it. It would also be nice if it had a night mode.