Sage 100 Reviews

4.1

4.1

About Sage 100

Sage 100 is a cloud-connected ERP platform (Enterprise Resource Planning) for medium-sized manufacturers, distributors, and professional service companies. Finance, budgeting, planning, inventory, supply chain, production...

3.8

Adam
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Good for small to medium business

It was a great overall experience and was simple enough for a smaller business to implement while still having the horsepower.

Pros

Having worked with a few erps, this is one of the cleanest UIs and has been a great experience with getting data out of it. The datacubes on the backend have been really good as well. Order allocation is clean and simple and has warehousing plugins that work well too.

Cons

I really wish that price breaks and price levels worked better. It was very difficult to get the accurate pricing inputted to the system.

Victoria
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Perfect ERP Software for medium sized businesses

We have been with Sage for almost 7 years and it has saved us much time and money. Our old software was clunky and not customizable. We are able to now do multiple tasks at the same time, even within different companies.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of customization. Excellent customer support, excellent value for the money. Great for organizations with multiple entities - ability to switch between companies/work in different companies at the same time.

Cons

After a sales order is completed, you cannot "resurrect" it - you must generate a new number and "copy" the old sales order from history.

Tod
Tod

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

MAS90 - Windows - Sage 100

Custom reports are tricky in that some modules do not "play in the same sandbox" as other modules.

Pros

Once you get a sound understanding of the modules, it is fairly easy to sort and find information and to product some reports.

Cons

MAS90 was a pre-Windows software that had limits, but was workable. Then MAS90 was sold and given a facelift to become Sage 100. Sage 100 is basically a format, presentation and color change from MAS90. I used MAS90 25 years ago and learned some of the shortcuts after going to the State of the Art University. When I left the company that used MAS90, within a short time something happened to the business world: Windows. Now 25 years later and after several versions and upgrades of Windows, I am once again working with MAS90 behind the mask of SAGE 100. It is not like revisiting an old friend, but an old motel that are still using the same bedding. The training that I received did help make the reintroduction easier. It is ironic that several times in the search bar of Sage 100 it even refers to "MAS90." None-the-less as noted the Windows rise and dominance came into the mainstream if not becoming the stream of business. The tough thing is that MAS90 did not change with a Windows feel when it was altered into Sage 100. Frankly, it is most frustrating to jump from Outlook, Word, Excel then to Sage 100. Something as easy as hitting "enter" or "tab" in Sage 100 will cause redundancy in keying and wasted time. The answer is simple, the user MUST have a passion for selecting or clicking the left mouse button and consciously shifting their thinking from 2019 back to 1994 when ever they enter the world of Sage 100.

Top Sage 100 Alternatives

Faris
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 29/11/2023

My experience with sage 100

Although i wasn't in the team when they chose Sage100, but my exprience with it was smooth and secure, never had a technical error with it

Pros

The various buisness fuctions, the customization, the sacalability and the interface

Cons

Mainly the cost, and somehow the limited cloud options

Johanes
  • Industry: Machinery

Sage 100 - My Review

It's good, but your Sage Reporting and what else so confusing, it must have this and that license it ended up adding money which total subscription is not viable for small business pricing but medium or larger business. so we use barebones as what we have now.

Pros

Easy for user especially modules which is showing step by step

Cons

to add module costs lots of money, does not make sense for small business like our Company, your pricing is comparable for medium or large business pricing

SAP Customer Experience

no plan to find alternative yet due to covid-19 business environment
Danielle

Not for us

This software is time consuming. You spend more time waiting for items to post, than inputting information.

Pros

The set-up was very easy. The instructions giving was easy to follow. Customer service was very helpful with the questions that we had.

Cons

This software is antiquated. To void a payment, you have to manually void the payment. To make adjustments to a invoice, requires you to research the invoice information such as: invoice #, amount, posting date, GL code and cost code, then manually make the adjustment. In the payroll module, once you post payroll all information is gone. You can not retrieve the information.

Elizabeth
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

Easy to Use but Lacks Features

It was quickly apparent that Sage was not a good fit for my company even though it was easy to figure out and integrated with many PSAs that I was considering at the time, I just wasn't able to use the US version for what I needed.

Pros

Easy to use overall. Simple to navigate, the interface is intuitive, and it is easy to reach customer service. Integrates with many PSAs.

Cons

Lacks basic features (such as recurring invoices and expenses) that most other options in this field offer.

This only applies to the US version of this software. The UK version appears to be much more fleshed out.

FreshBooks, Quickbooks Online and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Sage 100

Zoho Books had some quirks that I found to be frustrating.

Zoho Books

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

I did not end up using Sage due to the aforementioned issues and lack of features. I went through the trial but in the end decided it wasn't a good fit.
Tracy
  • Industry: Machinery

Sage 100 -

Pros

All the modules are set up the same. We have 8 modules and the set up is the same style.

Cons

Reporting could be easier. They are moving to crystal reports and being able to export from each module but they are not there yet. Attaching tables is a pain to deal with.

Shivali

Reviewed on 17/03/2021

I use it daily... I couldnt be without it

I enjoy its capabilities.

Pros

Being able to lock data in a time frame. And the bank reconciliation.

Cons

A little more expensive compared to other products. But this is ok considering its features being specific to accounting profession.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

Stability of the system. And the internal audit and control functions.
Jordan
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 08/08/2020

The Toyota Corolla. Not fancy, but efficient and reliable.

Efficient. It works. Lots of features. Reliable.

Pros

It's reliable and it's a great way to organize data. I like that I can pull data into Excel with a Microsoft Query and have multiple tables to get information from, such as invoice history, purchase order, sales order, and item information.

Cons

It's ancient looking. The aesthetics of the software in Classic View is not modern at all. However, it gets the job done and it's very efficient.

Jeff
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 05/03/2019

Solid mid-market enterprise accounting system, with quirks

Very solid system with a few frustrating quirks. You will need to host any version of Sage 100. Consider a cloud-based software as an alternative (Sage Intacct perhaps, although the price skyrockets compared to Sage 100).

Pros

-very cost-friendly pricing for small or medium sized businesses. this is the biggest selling point for Sage to me - it beats Quickbooks as a more ERP level system but is still very reasonably priced

-solid on standard accounting

-multi-company/location/entity reporting

-import/export works well

-test company option helps new users acclimate

-simple bank reconciliation module

-security and role definitions

-GL reports are very useful to financial experts

Cons

-bank reconciliation doesn't force you to reconcile to the GL cash account. That defeats the purpose of a reconciliation...

-there is almost no customizability to the financial statements. I guarantee you will need to export (Excel) or use a different software (Crystal Reports) to build your monthly financials.

-Sage 100 products are hosted in-house, so in the age of the cloud, you will still need to purchase and support your own server, a pain for a small or medium sized business.

-there are no "drill down" options in financial statements. That ability in Management Reporter was a huge plus in Microsoft Dynamics products.

-Multi-fund reporting cannot be consolidated (unless this is an add on module we didn't purchase)

-There are no reports that show unposted JEs

-AP voids and invoice reversals are a NIGHTMARE. Seriously, my staff lose sleep over trying to never need to void a check in Sage.

-Dashboards are basic. It feels very "old" as a system compared to new cloud-based options.

-No auto reconciliation. I've heard that's a selling point of Xero.

Sharon
  • Industry: Publishing

A FULLY INTEGRATED SOFTWARE SOLUTION

Using Sage 100C has provided more flexibility to the workforce and has increased productivity over the old VPN solution. With an increase in work from home scenarios, this has proven to be a helpful addition to our software solutions in conducting business.

Pros

The program has many robust features with integrated billing, and having the ability to select batch or live processing allows us to be flexible with each department. The fact that you can modify areas of the software to support your own needs is a big positive in our book. Sage does a great job with reports and extracting data to excel. The fact that it fully integrates through GL makes it very easy to use within the entire organization.

Cons

I would like to see larger fields to capture pertinent information. Additional user-defined fields that can be integrated with report design would be a nice addition. The ability to modify the canned reports and turn them into a custom report would really be helpful.

Trey

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Good program

Pros

There seems to be a module for just about everything we need to within out company, which is very nice. It was pretty easy to learn with just a little bit of practice, much of it is self explanatory to new users! I do believe that ease of use is a major pro for Sage 100. I'm pleased with amount of data/reports we can process and print out, the information we need is almost always at our finger tips.

Cons

With multiple people using this throughout our organization, it'd be nice if two people could be in the same module at once. We're constantly going door to door trying to figure out who's in a certain module and when they'll be out of it. We reference a pay rate change report often, every time we click out of it, it asks if we want to purge all the files. Someone will accidentally click it someday- why would we want to do that? I also find myself getting a number of errors and the program shutting down on me. Often times if I shut my computer down and try again it'll work correctly when I open it back up.

RHONDA
  • Industry: Printing

I don't have cloud just Sage 100

I don't have Sage 100 cloud?

Pros

The support people were excellent to work with and made our transition in 2012 as easy as a new installation could ever get. I also like that all the areas are similar, so if you know Order Entry you can translate that knowledge to say Purchasing.

Cons

When i go to create custom reports there are databases with the last three letters WRK. It would be great to have access to those databases; i realize they are a combination of existing databases but they have everything i usually need for a custom report.
The bug in the current software update where you can't close the ship-to-address box in the right corner is annoying.

Derek

Reviewed on 03/10/2017

Sage 100 ERP Standard

Please consider a different ERP system before implementing Sage 100 ERP. It's not very good.

Pros

This software is OK for accounting. And that is about it. Any additional modules or functionality (you are buying this as an ERP, not just Quickbooks software) has an additional cost.

Cons

Very difficult to administrate. Online help is next to nothing. Proprietary database (ProvideX). Sage Support is very expensive and more often than not they will tell you that they can't help with your problem and you need to talk to your Sage consultant.. Upgrading software can be quite complex if you have any customizations. Next to no innovation in the software. I recently did a version 2014 to version 2017 upgrade (they have new versions every year). The biggest feature upgrade in those 3 years? You can now resize the window and have the text "somewhat" scale. Wow, just wow.

Nichole
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

Decent Accounting Software

I’ve been using this program for 7 years in my current position. I process driver payroll and billing in a trucking and warehousing company. We use it daily in my department. Everyone seems to like it okay.

Pros

I like that you can save your favorites in one spot so you can easily get to the reports and functions you use frequently.
Everything is straight forward so it’s fairly easy to train new people on this program.

Cons

I’ve had a lot of issues with if someone else is using the same area/module as you it doesn’t warn you it just tries to do what you want and then just force closes yours and tells you after the fact. And then you’re like what the heck where was I at in the process? So beware of that. Also connecting printers to this has been a total PITA on more than numerous occasions.

Doris
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 14/05/2020

Great product overall

overall, it works for accounting purpose except for software technical issues from time to time.

Pros

straightforward, easy to understand and coach any new comers to use the software. I have been using this software for 8 years and I have been able to do annual software upgrade myself. This tells the system upgrade, data migration and conversion is quite simple.

Cons

Data may disappear, detail and history under account may not agree, all applications are close but still getting error message what posting is in use etc. strange issues like could not conduct account balance recalculate.

Renee

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

Proper training required

The transfer to Sage 100 was very frustrating. Part of the issue that made it so frustrating was caused by the company hired to help us with the transfer.

Pros

The ability to quickly change between companies is a plus for me. The inventory valuation is a big upgrade.

Cons

This software is not intuitive. You have to know exactly what you are looking for in order to find things. We upgraded from Sage 50 to Sage 100 so I was surprised at the learning curve. In truth, the only things that are similar between Sage 50 and Sage 100 was that Sage was in the name of both.

Joy

Reliable Accounting Software

Remote access is seamless

Pros

It is reliable and we have used it for over over 25 years.

Cons

Lack of multilingual options.
Lack of flexibility with regard to output
Expensive

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

Quickbooks was had limited features.
Larry

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

Bill of Materials with ERP

We upgraded recently from MAS90 to Sage 100 and get kept going with few problems. Sage 100 works seamlessly with our various Windows applications. The seamless ERP integration, history and reporting features have provided valuable support for our company over the years. It was one of our best early decisions.

Pros

When we started the business 20 years ago, we needed a good Bill of Materials integration with an ERP system. This software provided that. The company has grown with the software. The software easily integrates with the Microsoft Office tools.

Cons

There are a lot features for much larger companies that we do not use. The CRM feature is not easily integrated. It requires separate installation.

Brett
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

Sage 100 Cloud

Overall it's a solid product and works as it should. We are a small-medium business and came from MAS 90 to the Sage Cloud 100. Most users find it pretty easy to learn their day to day functions with very little training. Although its probably not the most popular ERP, but for most businesses you should see that it handles your accounting with ease

Pros

The accounting functionality of the software is very user-friendly. The screens are modern and easy to read. We love the reporting side of the software as well. With employees working from home more now than ever before being on the cloud is huge.

Cons

Wish it did more manufacturing types of transactions for work orders.

Cherechi
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

This is one of the best ERPs I have used in a while, it makes working a whole lot more fun and...

Despite the whole full and complex look and feel, Sage 100 is still quite easy to understand in about 3 tries(if self teaching) but under an experienced hand , I’d probably give a day a day and half max.

Pros

The best thing about this software is it’s streamlined nature. An ERP that can help completely monitor from manufacturing to storage to logistics to HR and even customer relationship and satisfaction. This is one top of the line software.

Cons

It is still a bit jumbled up. Once loaded, it still looks like a whole lot on the eye. Icons and folders can still be properly arranged and sorted properly. Still a lot of addons that are not really needed.

Joleen

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

2020 Review of Sage 100 Cloud

Overall we are very pleased with Sage 100 cloud. Our IT consultant finds it easy to help us trouble shooting if needed, and customer service has been very helpful. We have also found it easy to adapt to our company needs. The upgrade to Sage 100cloud was seamless.

Pros

The product is user friendly, the pull down windows are very helpful for new employees. New employees were easily trained to use the product.

Cons

It would be a great enhancement if all reports would not close after print/print preview.

Our checks are not standard laser printer checks, and it was a little challenging to set up to print correctly. Smart printers would not allow the adjustments. Final fix was to purchase an inexpensive printer.

Christine

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

It works

We have Sage 100c...not cloud.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it's not worse. I've used worse, but I have definitely used better.

Cons

This software is not easily customizable. Some simple things that could be better are just a pain. For example, posting entries, one should never have to go through several steps to post every single time. I've worked with softwares where you can set it to the level of steps you want. If you want to print and post, you should be able to do that all in one step.

Tracey
Tracey
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

Pay for everything

Pros

Nothing - we used to but they they monetized everything

Cons

Don’t buy unless you plan to have every area monetized. We bought the program years ago then they updated us without consent to subscription. Since then it’s every little thing costs.