ResMan Reviews

About ResMan

ResMan simplifies multifamily and affordable property management. Automate finances seamlessly with advanced AR and transparent audit trails. Engage prospects efficiently through centralized leads and real-time SMS communication...

Browse ResMan Reviews

Amy
Amy

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

ResMan is Awesome

On Facebook there is a group called Apartment Management and Maintenance Support Group. Every month there is someone asking which software package we recommend. I always throw out ResMan. It's inexpensive, but still a quality product. I've also recommended it to my personal HOA, where I sit on the board. I really believe in ResMan, its support, its reports, and the overall product.

Pros

I have used Yardi, Appfolio, Quickbooks and ResMan throughout my career. ResMan by far is the easiest to manipulate. It's a new product, and I like that the owners are willing to listen to suggestions and improvements. It has met my needs for everything property management has to offer.

Cons

Just small little items. For instance, on the lease expiration report, why would I ever want to mark former residents? It's set to default.

Jaqueline

Reviewed on 20/03/2020

I Absolutely Love Resman

I think Resman is the best product available, compared to all the databases out there you outshine the all categories. The price point is perfect, except when you perform rate increases, upon renewal time. These increases, can take away from all the greatness.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up and customize. Admin access is the absolute best, if I ever get stuck i simply pull up the resman help link and type in my concern, and boom, I can figure it out.

Cons

I wish set up was quicker. If a devoted team got it all done day ONE /TWO omg that was would be amazing. I get it takes time, but maybe it could be done.

Yardi Voyager

Reasons for Choosing ResMan

It was years ago, that we switch from OnSite. Resman was referred to us by a friend and they spoke highly about the features and the price point.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan

1. Price 2. Features 3. Integration Partners 4. Customer Service

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

Getting Better, but not there yet

Overall, I think ResMan is TRYING to get in the game, but I wish it could happen a little(or a lot) quicker. Our account rep and support team are always great, they really do try their best to make all of our Property Management Softeware dreams come true.
I REALLY want to love ResMan, I am hopeful that the future will show some drastic improvements!

Pros

It is somewhat easy to use, the dashboard is attractive and doesn't look sterile and cold like OneSite. The support team needs to be larger, but the team they have definitely does their best to react quickly and puts in requests for enhancements when we can not be helped. They are always friendly and upfront on what is coming and what they are trying to improve.

Cons

Too much double work, for instance to add lease term options you must add the property to the lease terms desired under Admin, Settings AND add the lease term under Property, Unit Type. As an Admin that the Regionals/Site Team depend on it is imperative that requests be taken care of swiftly and almost every task in ResMan requires an absorbent amount of time on the back end.
Easy Lease, there is nothing easy about this.... from the set up to the use at the site level. Entarata has been my favorite with inline applications/leasing as far as ease of use and customer experience. Real Page wins over ResMan in this area as well.
It feels like the software was designed by out of industry people, alot of things just don't make sense. For example if you want to require that applicant's enter their email address to complete the application(which OF COURSE this should be a required field when you are using online lease forms/apps) you can not exclude non-lease holders or children. Everyone in the household has to have an email entered....

Response from ResMan

Hi Michael. Thank you for your review. Everyone at ResMan loves First Choice. We'll be reaching out to you directly to address your concerns. We have some great stuff around the corner that should put a smile on your face. We're working hard to make it the best software you'll ever use. Please always feel free to reach out...we're here to help. --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing

Replied 12/10/2018

Top ResMan Alternatives

QuickBooks Online

AppFolio Investment Manager

Jaimie

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Smoothest Software Out There!

Overall positive!

Pros

Instead of having different modules added on in an attempt to stay updated, REsman has a smooth, fully integrated platform that is user friendly and was easy (relatively) to install. We appreciate their ability to use integration partners, rather than forcing their customers to use ONLY their product, especially to integrate with our own website, insurance partner etc. This allows us more flexibility and control over which services we choose to use. They are one of the friendliest softwares for our on-site teams and have super good help videos and instructions. They are easy to get along with and I predict they will give Yardi and Onesite a run for their money. I highly recommend!

Cons

The accounting processes did not mesh quite as well, but our accounting department was able to come up with work arounds that satisfied them. Customer service used to be above expectations, but I think they have had some turnover and although I do think their customer service reps are polite and effective, we are not likely to get our issues resolved in less than 1 to 2 weeks now.

Krissy

Reviewed on 18/09/2019

ResMan- Leading Software for Property Manager

We use Resman as our Property Management software for our community of 282 apartments. It has been an amazing software to use so far, and myself and the team are very impressed with it.

Pros

The best part about ResMan is how user friendly it is. It was quick to learn and easy to communicate with residents. It also has an excellent, clean interface. It looks much more advanced than other property management software I've used prior.

Cons

I feel like this software isn't easy to pull specific reports. It could just be a training issue, but some reports I used to be able to access immediately are more difficult to find.

Response from ResMan

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We work very hard to make sure our property management platform is built with ease-of-use in mind.

Regarding pulling reports, we recently launched an all-new support portal, here you can access hundreds of knowledge articles and familiarize yourself with reporting functions in our platform. You can also chat live with a support agent during operating hours if you ever need some additional help pulling reports.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Aaron Trujillo Sr. Digital Marketing Manager

Replied 08/10/2019
Mikayla

We Love Resman

I like using resman, very user friendly and easy to stay organized on day to day tasks

Pros

I am happy we switched to resman, everything is easy for me to stay organized with on my day to day leasing and managing tasks.

Cons

Currently I do not have any cons and I have been using resman for over a year now. This is my 4th software and by far my favorite.

Response from ResMan

Hello Mikayla, thank you so much for taking the time to review ResMan. We're glad to hear the platform is user-friendly and allows you to operate more efficiently day-to-day to help you succeed in your role. It means a lot that we're your platform of choice when it comes to property management software. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

Terri
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easy To Use

Overall Resman has provided a great experience.

Pros

ResMan is very user friendly and easy to teach new employees how to maneuver the system

Cons

Group messaging. The system should be set up to access pdf and word documents to send out in group messaging without having to upload them to the system.

Response from ResMan

Hello Terri, thank you for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. We appreciate you sharing your experience and insights with us! We're glad to hear that the system is user-friendly for the team. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve the experience in the future. Have a great day!

Monica

Resman Queen

Pros

I love that Resman is user friendly. It has been a breeze to use the system after being o Realpage for 15+ years.

Cons

I'd love to see more bulk functions that are able to be used.

Response from ResMan

Hello Monica, thank you so much for taking the time to review ResMan. We're glad to hear the platform is user-friendly and helps you to be successful in your role moving from an alternative solution. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback regarding bulk functions with the team to help improve the experience in the future. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

Travonta

Want simple?

Pros

simple, easy, user friendly, budget friendly, etc.

Cons

I realldy dont have any cons at the moment to talk about.

Response from ResMan

Hello Travonta, thank you for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. We appreciate you sharing your experience and insight with us! We hope to keep delivering value for our users in the future. Have a great day!

Wendy
Wendy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

Basic Information

Is good overall. But really dislike certain ways for Move out reconciliation and Pre-closing ways.

Pros

I love the texting option, the Bulk Sending messages and e-mails.

Cons

It seems pretty easy but once you are doing pre-closing - or changing period "DATES" if not enter currently- makes it difficult without you knowing and you're trying to figure out reasons. Also, move out reconciliations when you print out a new one instead of searching through the dead files, it gives you the date as of the date you print it and it enters your name , even if its a Reconciliation from 2 years ago with another Manager. I really do not like this, it should have original Final Statement. Plus, let you reverse your mistakes so you can start over. Is like Resman makes you do what Resman thinks is best. So , it's a little annoying. ( I hope I made sense).

Diane

Reviewed on 04/08/2020

Aspire Review

Overall, our experience has been very good. The implementation and training we paid for was unfortunately sub par to say the least, leaving us with several significant issues to address on our own. These have been rectified, however not without "pain". For the most part everyone we work with at ResMan is responsive and more than willing to do what they can to help. Their online chat support is wonderful. It is a tool, as well as their help section that i strongly encourage everyone to use. A year into using the system, we just about have all our bugs worked out! Again, I contribute much of this to our sub par training at implementation.

Pros

The fact that it is so user friendlyfor both onsite and corporate associates while providing the reports needed.

Cons

THE BUDGET portion of the package. Needs to be able to accommodate properties with no ResMan history. Right now it only works for those who have history.

Katelyn

Reviewed on 13/03/2020

ResMan Review

ResMan is overall very user friendly.

Pros

The feature I like most about this software is the texting capabilities. It allows us to reach our Resident at almost all times. I also like that ResMan typically integrates with other software easily.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is it seems like when there is an update there is often a glitch or the software crashes. This can usually be fixed by restarting my computer but can be frustrating if you are in the middle of something.

Response from ResMan

Katelyn,

Thank you for sharing your experience with ResMan. We agree the bi-directional SMS feature is great, especially when you need to keep track of resident communication in one place. I forwarded this feedback to our product team as well. We appreciate all feedback from our users.

Thanks Again,

Aaron Trujillo
ResMan | Marketing Director

Replied 19/03/2020
Maryanna

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

Resman Review Questions

This is the first time I've used this program in this industry so it's a difficult thing for me to compare.

Pros

For the most part, the program is user friendly. New employees are able to pick up basics fairly easily.

Cons

I truly don't like when we have to trouble shoot an issue. The help (?) icon rarely offers any support when ever I use it to research an issue. When I've had to call the customer service agent the help takes so long to get, so I don't want to even call.

Cris

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

Great Full-Featur Program and Easy to Learn/Use

With managing almost 350 units, we were swimming in Work Order and Maintenance information that was hard to keep track of. ResMan has removed that burden and everything is within reach for accounting, maintenance, property managers and Administrators.

We are adding several hundred units to our Management Company over the next 12 months and we know that implementation will go well.

Pros

We came to ResMan from using QuickBooks only and keeping all our property Management in files, on our server in electronic format and/or lists and lists and files of Maintenance records.

We loved how easy Implementation went, and how, like QuickBooks, you can drill down to the details in ResMan. We now have all of our property management documentation in one place from Tenant files to Maintenance to Affordable Housing reporting information. Each time we contact support for assistance, the response is quick and very effective.

Cons

We still have not "cracked the nut" with the Tax Credits Compliance Reporting seamlessly working with our Nebraska Housing Finance agency. We are doing the Compliance Online with our funding agency manually until we can get back to working with Support and our Funding Agency to get this reporting in the format we need.

We know we can find a solution but our Management Company is growing so fast right now, we are tackling getting our new units into ResMan and then will get back to solving the Tax Credit Compliance reporting piece.

Response from ResMan

Cris, thanks for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. You're right that compliance is a tough nut to crack but we are working at top speed to increase the innovation lead we enjoy in affordable. Our design philosophy is to provide a platform that helps businesses like yours grow. We're thrilled to be part of your growth journey!

Dennis Behrman | SVP of Marketing

Replied 10/06/2019
Jamie

Resman Lover

Pros

Resman is easy to use, and if I cannot figure something out, the library of information is plentiful. It is easy to search and find the relevant information I need. Customer Service is top-notch. There are many other services that integrate with Resman. Overall, this is the best property management system that I have ever used and I have been in the industry just shy of 20 years.

Cons

Sometimes it will glitch and if a manager and I are sharing screens, I may not have the same updated data. This is easily resolved by restart or a fresh day.

Response from ResMan

Hello Jamie, thank you for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. We're ecstatic to hear the positive experience you've had with us compared to other platforms! We appreciate you sharing your insights with us. Have a great day!

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 18/09/2023

ResMan

I enjoy using ResMan but sometimes it can be buggy and glitch out. Such as only pulling up the unit you have open, regardless of what you type in the search bar, and sometimes it takes forever to load (rarely).

Pros

The boardroom displays everything you need to know about your property and Leasing Consultants can see how the property is doing overall.

Cons

It is not all-in-one and does not include everything; you have to use other applications for different features.

Response from ResMan

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're very excited to hear that our BoardRoom allows you the visibility you need to effectively succeed in your role! That's the goal! I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve future experiences. If there is a partner or integration that you would like to incorporate within our solution, feel free to reach out to your account team and they can provide you helpful feedback, as ResMan wants to make sure our partners have the power of choice. Thank you again for sharing with us!

Todd

Reviewed on 26/10/2023

Keep Resman Boardroom based and do not "bolt" new features on as this will diminish software.

[sensitive content hidden]
is the reason we stay with Resman. She has and continue to Manage us through any hurdles. The Software is the best option in the industry in my experience and I have used Real Page, Yardi, MRI, and other products and hands down Resman is the best experience.

Pros

Boardroom based single landing page for functionality. Keep the system this way or it will become Yardi, Real Page, MRI, and they are terrible user experiences.

Cons

Resman is growing fast and you need to make sure you hire and fire the correct people so that you Brand continues to strengthen.

Response from ResMan

Hello Todd, thank you so much for reviewing the ResMan platform. We appreciate you sharing your experience and insights with us! We're thrilled that the BoardRoom is a functionality you enjoy. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve the experience in the future and keep ResMan ahead of the game. Thank you again and have a great day!

Veanessa

Reviewed on 15/09/2023

ResMan Fan

Excellent!

Pros

User-friendly, cost-efficient, and ease to train.

Cons

Integration partner processes could be improved.

Response from ResMan

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're so happy to hear that our solution has been user-friendly, cost-efficient, and easy to train on. Those words speak volumes and we can't thank you enough for sharing with us. Our goal is to make sure our solution is intuitive for anyone, no matter what role they're in. Thank you again for your feedback! Have a wonderful day!

Cindy
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 17/08/2020

ResMan is the right choice

From the very beginning of researching ResMan, implementing, and our ongoing usage, we have been very fortunate to have hands on availability to those that can help us with any question or issue that comes up. With online training and additional webinars, we have been able to onboard a new accounting manager and Property Manager in no time at all. We are extremely thrilled!

Pros

This is the easiest product to use. Coming from a non-multi housing background, but using programs like Yardi in my past for Commercial Real Estate, ResMan, without taking any training, is the most intuitive program. It has every report you could ever need, the integrations are seamless, and the navigations through screens is super easy.

Cons

On property teams struggle a bit with the ease of the software, as it is completely different from Yardi and Property Matrix programs but it really can do so much more. I'm sure 2 years in we still haven't used all the functionality offered to us at this point.
Customer service was a little tough when you had a question in the beginning, but they have since moved to a new platform where you have a dedicated team and it works amazing.

Samantha

Reviewed on 07/09/2023

Great for Affordable Housing

Pros

I like that Resman has the ability to apply late fees automatically and the quick qualify feature that quickly checks income and shows what set-aside the applicant would potentially qualify for. I like the TIC creation and how easy it is to follow, it's made a huge difference not having to do them by hand.

Cons

I feel that the integration with AvidXchange could be better as I have noticed before avid, when a P.O was converted to an invoice the P.O would change to "completed" and disappear from your active "approved" queue of P.Os. With avid, these P.Os hang out and it can get confusing if not paying close attention.

Response from ResMan

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're so glad that our solution has been helpful for you in the Affordable Housing space as this has been a top priority for us. We hope it helps allow you to put more focus on your residents and the community, instead of issues with your software. That's the goal! I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve future experiences. Thank you again for sharing with us!

LaVone

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Ashton Heights - Office Staff - Use Resman

To be truthful, I don't know what business problems are solved.

Pros

It is relatively easy to navigate through the various aspects of Resman

Cons

There is problems with the payments deposited to Resman do not make it to the Ledger of the Resident.
Just recently, deposited a money order for the resident in 1120. It is on the Deposit Batch, but did not post
to the residents ledger.

I am having problems with transferring residents from one unit to another. Even after the Transfer there is still the message of pending transfer (click here) on the previous unit.

Processing invoices for payment and the scan to attach. I, today, selected a scanned invoice to attach and I access everything except the one I needed. Example is, invoice scanned had last numbers or 420, I select
that, I get scans for 415/414/420. I continue to try and eventually I am able to get the correct invoice attachment. It is frustrating and consume too much time.

Response from ResMan

Hi LaVone,
I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues. Since you have described your situation in detail, I am forwarding your information to our customer support team so that they can get in touch with you. And if you have any more questions, feel free to email me. --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing | [email protected]

Replied 11/12/2018
Alexander

Reviewed on 12/06/2020

A Property Management Must!

This is the most user friendly, adaptable program I’ve ever used. I want this where I work!

Pros

All of the “I wish xxxxxx software could do” and it “things would be easier if our program did this/that”.... ResMan does it! I worked in ResMan for a short period while working with BSR Trust and was in one of the first training programs. I have recommended ResMan to every management company there after. Delinquency notes, resident communication, reporting... ResMan is top notch!

Cons

Honestly I can’t not think of anything I dislike about ResMan. I would recommend a large, skilled sales team so more places will concert to ResMan

Response from ResMan

Alexander,

Our teams try very hard to be the most user-friendly property management platform on the market, so thank you for the feedback. We love it!

Regards,

Aaron Trujillo
Director of Demand/Sales Operations

Replied 17/06/2020
Francisca
  • Industry: Executive Office

Reviewed on 08/11/2023

Assistant Manager Review

I have worked with various softwares and I appreciate how easy it is to understand and learn Resman

Pros

It is user friendly.

Cons

One of the main things that can be frustrating is, I found that when residents are transferred from one unit to another, when the resident attempts to pay rent for their new apartment, due to them using the same email for both apartments it doesnt allow them to pay rent at their new unit because their email address is attached to their old unit. I feel that once the move out rec is done it should void the resident form their previous unit that they transferred from.

Response from ResMan

Hello Francisca, thank you so much for taking the time to review ResMan. We're happy to hear the platform is user-friendly and easy to understand compared to other solutions you've used in the past. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback regarding transfers with the team to help improve the experience in the future. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

April

ResMan Makes the World a Better Place

Pros

Regarding the ownership side of multifamily, ResMan makes managing and overseeing the assets so much easier and efficient. I have experienced using almost all of the property management software platforms and ResMan is by far the most functionally competent one out there.

Cons

My only con is that all of my assets aren't using ResMan, working on making this change mandatory.

Response from ResMan

Hello April, thank you so much for taking the time to review ResMan. We're glad to hear the platform helps owners and operators both manage and oversee assets easily and efficiently as that is a key part of making sure all areas of the business have the support and tools they need to succeed. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

MaryAnn
  • Industry: Investment Management

Great quality Program

Our overall experience has been wonderful. Coming from using other programs and comparing them to ResMan. We can honestly say that the simplicity of using this program has helped the smooth operation of our property.

Pros

We love how easy and simple it is to use the program. You have quick links that allow you the fast way to give information or get any information that is needed. You don't waste a lot of time trying to find a resident or unit with you quick links. The delinquency tracking is amazing as well. We have had the best outcome with ensure that our residents are paying on time and getting information out to those who might have fallen behind.

Cons

I feel that there is very little to not like about ResMan. We enjoy most of what the product gives.

Response from ResMan

Hello Mary, thank you so much for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. We're so happy to hear that ResMan helps enable its users to be the best they can in their roles, and that the ease of use is a highlight for the team. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!