RUN Powered by ADP Reviews

About RUN Powered by ADP

The RUN Powered by ADP (RUN) solution is designed to make your small business payroll quick and easy. With a streamlined process and powerful technology, you'll complete payroll in no time. Choose from basic payroll to a full...

4.2

Browse RUN Powered by ADP Reviews

Grayson
Grayson
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Do you have to pay taxes on payroll? Do you like doing math? Just use ADP.

Peace of mind knowing that I am not making a mistake that puts me in a bad position with the IRS.

Pros

They provide a lot more than just payroll processing. That's the meat and potatoes of it but they also now have the option to use zip recruiter for your hiring needs. That's a big asset. And, they have a great HR portal. You have access to just about every document and standard possible with a simple search or catalog inquiry. I'm a big fan of one stop shop ideas and this is becoming that. They have it easy to track paychecks, employee's files, reconcile past pay periods, pay taxes on manual checks, etc. And they are a great team for customer service. I've never had a bad experience with them. Oh, and they are adding in a scheduling option to schedule you staff and track their clock in/out times with GPS.

Cons

Cost. It's always the cost. But, convenience comes at a price. This is no small fee service. If you have a small staff and don't mind doing the math you can probably just use QuickBooks. But ADP Run makes it really, really easy to pay your team.

Roxanne
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 22/05/2021

Doing payroll in ADP in VERY easy!

Since I didn't do payroll before I started working at my current position, I feel that it is fairly easy to use. If I can learn to use it, anyone can.

Pros

I like the ease of running all of the reports and that most of the ones you need are listed as standard reports. They also prepared PPP loan reports as standard reports to make your life easier.

Cons

I don't like that when you have to divide salary employees into different accounts that it only keeps the first amount you put in. You have to manually add the other amounts every time.

Reasons for Choosing RUN Powered by ADP

We switched because we decided that we didn't want to be a part of their employee base. And the cost of their 401K plan was very expensive.

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

They came in at an inexpensive rate and we could choice to just get the portion to run payroll.

Response from ADP

Roxanne,

We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP? and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you.

Adding value through our services and giving you time back into your day through our products is truly what we strive for and we are pleased to hear that has been the experience for you.

-Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied 24/05/2021
Russell
Russell

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

Stale product, but flexible payroll processing

It is a competent system as long as you only need to access it from a desktop browser. The pricing is “OK” for wholesale clients with more than 5 employees.

Pros

It is very easy to make on the fly adjustments to paychecks, such as overriding the amount of withholding, recording an advance repayment, etc.

Overall the system is easy to use.

The payroll for my accounting firm is free, which is appreciated.

Cons

In 2022 one STILL cannot access the Run Oayroll website from a mobile phone. This is inexcusable and something I have been asking them to correct for more than 15 years. The site automatically redirects to the mobile app, which still, after 15 years, can’t be used for wholesale accounts like mine. It is beyond aggravating.

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

Gusto makes it nearly impossible to change paychecks on the fly.

Response from ADP

Russell,

We thank you for your feedback of RUN Powered by ADP® and are glad to hear you find ease of use and flexibility with your payroll.

Your feedback regarding mobile access has been passed along to our Product Team for review.

We value your partnership on your payroll and HCM needs.

-Your RUN Powered by ADP Team

Replied 09/06/2022

Top RUN Powered by ADP Alternatives

Owen

Reviewed on 11/03/2024

Good service, but expensive

Pros

Overall, I'm satisfied with the ADP payroll service. I've used many of the payroll services on the market (ADP, Paycheck, Heartland, Patriot). I think ADP is one of the better ones. The reporting interface is super easy to use, and their direct deposit is the best among competitors. By that, I mean the required deposit dates, in order to make payroll processing, you just need 1 day in advance to get the money ready in your account, everyone else need minimum 3 days.

Cons

One of the pricer options among competitors. I ran weekly payroll for 8 - 10 employees, with a big discount, it costs me about $75-$90 per payroll. in comparison, Patriot only costs around $65 per month (4-5 payrolls)!

One other thing to consider is (this is true to all payroll service companies), that your salesperson probably won't be there for too long, other words, once they sign you up, they will pretty much disappear, good luck getting any support from them, every time you ask for help, they'll just refer to customer service 800 number. it makes you feel like, you're on your own.

William
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

The customer service is outstanding even late at night.

I have been using this software and ADP for 5 years. There have been more than a few times where something went seriously wrong on a payroll day and I was not able to run the payroll at my normal time. Inevitably, I am up late finishing it, "Murphy's law" happens, and I run into a problem on that particular night. It is nice to know I can get help when I need it.

Pros

This is easy to use and set up payroll software if you use ADP for payroll. When you sign up with ADP then you are given a dedicated customer service team that specializes in teaching you how to use the software. After about 60 days they allow you to call into their 24-hour customer service team from then on into the future. If you are ever stuck late at night trying to finish payroll and run into a problem, they answer the phone and help you solve the issue so can finish the job.

Cons

ADP is more expensive than a local payroll company. Although I like to support local small businesses like mine, it is nice to know that the payroll will be done right the first time. Your employees will appreciate it.

Reasons for Choosing RUN Powered by ADP

Reliability and certainty that my tax payments would be made for the business on time.

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

My accountant at the time had some experience from clients using it and recommended it to me to use.

Response from ADP

William,

We welcome all feedback to ensure RUN Powered by ADP? continues to empower small businesses to more efficiently manage their payroll and HCM needs. We are glad to hear you find a user friendly experience within RUN along with quality support from the RUN Service Team.

Thank you for the feedback on the fee structure. We are always working to enhance RUN and delight our users so we value your insights.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied 16/02/2021
Cleo
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 14/07/2020

Great payroll platform!

Overall, my experience with RUN Powered by ADP has been great. They provide good customer service support, especially if you use the Workers' Compensation services.

Pros

I've been using ADP for more than two years now. We switched to ADP from Paychex, and I can say it was a smart decision. RUN Powered by ADP is friendly to use. The onboarding process is quick and easy, and the payroll processing feature is complete.

Cons

The only thing that I believe ADP could improve is its pricing for extra features. The basic bundle is complete, but if you want to add features (i.e. child support options for employees) you have to switch to higher bundles.

Gusto

Reasons for Choosing RUN Powered by ADP

ADP is friendlier and easier to use on a daily basis. Also, it is less expensive.

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

Response from ADP

Cleo,

We are thrilled to hear of your positive experience beginning at on boarding and on to running payroll with ease! We value your partnership and appreciate your feedback.

-Your RUN? Service Team

Replied 24/08/2020
Melissa
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Our All Around Payroll Solution!

Overall, ADP is the perfect fit for our catering company. It provides us with exactly what we need for payroll processing as well as the added bonus of convenient communication with employees. Not to mention their lighting fast, secure delivery of our payroll checks overnight to our door step.

Pros

I really enjoy the multiple options ADP offers for employees. From an administrative side, we have many different positions that incur their own payscale and ADP allows us the flexibility to customize each employees information. With multiple event pay rates available, we can easily choose which rate is appropriate for the shift completed. Setting up employees is beyond easy and we have the ablilty to have W2 employees and 1099 employees separated yet all accessed in one convenient location come payroll time. Editing existing employees is just as easy and setting them up. From an Employee stand point, I receive detailed information from each pay period and I am able to access any of my information, including past pay stubs, at my finger tips with their convenient employee portal.

Cons

The only thing I can say we wish ADP offered was integration with our Catering Software. As convenient as ADP is to us, we still have to pull pay information from another program and enter it into ADP. If ADP integrated with our software, that would eliminate the extra step and help us even more.

Square Payroll

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

We chose ADP over Square due to the added security and because the overall functionality of ADP worked better with our business than Square would have.

Response from ADP

Melissa,

Thank you for the outstanding feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?!

We strive to provide superior tools and support that puts time back into your day so you can focus on what matters most -- your business.

We appreciate your recommendation and your valuable insights!

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied 23/08/2019
Lynnette
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Run Powered by ADP

I am glad to see that more attention has been given to the app. I used to have a lot of frustration with the app and have not seen as many problems as in the past. Please continue making improvements to the app!

Pros

It does the work of payroll for you! Storing a template for payroll, paying taxes for our business, easy to use reporting are just a few of the extremely helpful things Run ADP does. Love the app that is available!

Cons

When I to the Time Management area and it comes up in another screen, I find it very annoying that I cannot easily return to the Run program. Once I sign out of Time Management and try to go back to Run, it says I am not authorized to view this page. Would be very nice to return to Run without having to sign back in.

Response from ADP

Lynnette,

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback about your experience with RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are pleased to hear you find RUN Powered by ADP? to be easy and efficient, especially the mobile app that allows for on demand access!

I will relay your login access feedback to our Product Team for further review.

We thank you for your valued partnership and appreciate your insights!

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied 04/09/2019
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 17/08/2020

Great payroll solution for small business

Pros

It's fairly easy to start using. I love that they take over tax filings. It's easy to add a new employee. Customer service is pretty quick to respond by chat or email. It has every feature I need, including customized deductions. Direct deposit is very fast and reliable.

Cons

The user interface is sometimes strange: I want it to adapt better to different size screens. I want to sort employees when running payroll. Sometimes notifications for new services can't be dismissed.

Response from ADP

David,

Thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP?.

We love hearing that our RUN Powered by ADP? is not only easy and intuitive for you, but that it also provides peace of mind when it comes to taxes and regulatory compliance. We appreciate your feedback and as always we continue to strive to add value to your organization and to add time back into your day through our products and services.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied 18/09/2020
Julie
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 01/07/2022

ADP Run is user-friendly

My overall experience has been really good. Their customer service has been excellent as well.

Pros

ADP Run is exceptionally easy to use for payroll. The screens are pretty self explanatory and ADP sends you e-mail notices to remind you to post your payroll. The payroll reports that you can generate also integrate easily on other software.

Cons

There is very little that I dislike about this software. The only issue that once you post your payroll, there can be no changes. I wish that there was a 30 minute grace period, but overall, ADP really did think of everything.

QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Choosing RUN Powered by ADP

This gave us a way to do direct deposit and avoid all hand-cut checks.

QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

It seemed to be the easiest to use, both from a time standpoint and was not too complicated. Also, it featured back-up customer service to help us along the way.
Amanda
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 27/10/2022

Easy Management

Over all its a great system that is easy to operate on a day to day basis and to stay complain with needed paperwork.

Pros

I love the HR, Payroll features the most. I also love that you can start an employee and have them update any need information remotely.

Cons

The reports can be a lot to take in and we have to add 2 payroll reports together when we do quarterly reports as some are from the previous year.

Carrie
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 07/08/2017

RUN is a good platform for a global company, easy to use, cost effective & great customer...

Piece of mind that Payroll is done correctly and timely and that our company is compliant with tax & government agencies.

Pros

Scalability, portability, reliability, ease of use, security, reporting & customer support are the most valued features when it comes to RUN powered by ADP. Our payrolls can grow or shrink very rapidly. This platform allows us to quickly transition our staff size & allows an international team to onboard, process payroll and terminate employees easily & efficiently. We can work anywhere that there is an internet connection & can focus on our core business and rely on ADP to handle taxes and garnishments. The application is well organized & easy to navigate. Security has greatly improved empowering employees & administrators. Central database is secure while always at my finger tips. Standard reporting & Adhoc reporting features are great! Customer Support deserves lots of credit - they are helpful, professional & supported us with difficult HR & technical questions passing along problems & ideas effectively. Finally, ADP has listened to suggestions & continuosly improved its software since 2010.

Cons

There are two items that I like the least about this software. They are both related. Most important is the lack of a feature allowing us to import our payroll data into the "Payroll Task". When we grow it is very time consuming & cumbersome to key in all the data. A feature to import the payroll data would be fantastic! I do not want to go to another platform, which allows the data from the proprietary Time Tracking software to be imported. ADP has tried to sell me this but RUN is perfect for us - just the payroll processing is more cumbersome when under time crunch & when we have lots of employees working different shifts, at different rates, with OT, double time, etc. Second point is the capability of a payroll administrator being able to input/review/edit the data in the Payroll Task & save it. Should not be able to add or delete the Task and not be able to RUN the task (impound the bank). But my team could help out in different time zones if this 2nd feature would be implemented.

Becky
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 03/07/2020

HR and Payroll Support

I have worked with ADP for over 4 years now and anytime someone tries to get me to switch to their company, they just do not measure up to ADP Run.

Pros

User friendly. Reports at your fingertips and if you cannot find a report just call the customer service line and they will create or walk you through pulling the report. Their customer service team has always been top notch and helpful. For forms for new employees they have it. Need Policy and Procedures for your office they have it. There is a world of resources through this software that you can easily get to by computer or lets say your out of the office and need to run payroll, no problem they have an app for that as well.

Cons

I honestly do not have a complaint. The only thing I could suggest is on the Payroll Moblie App it would be helpful if I could make employee changes without having to log in to a computer but definitely not a deal breaker.

See above response.

Response from ADP

Becky,

We couldn't be more pleased to hear that our partnership empowers you to handle your human capital management needs with ease -- allowing you to plug that valuable time back into your business.

We appreciate your feedback on the RUN? Mobile App and have passed it along to our product team for review.

Sincerely,
Your RUN? Service Team

Replied 24/08/2020
Meg
Meg

Reviewed on 23/02/2022

Easy Option, not the best

Gets the job done, but you will need to keep on top of your tax notices and payments to ensure nothing is missed.

Pros

Easy to do payroll on and off site. Easy to update employee information and allows employees to log in and retrieve their stubs from mobile app.

Cons

There is major room for improvement for Run by ADP to be a more comprehensive HR/Payroll software, which is what they advertise themselves to be.

QuickBooks Payroll, Paychex Flex, Paylocity and Streamline

Cost.

Paylocity

Ease of use and cost

Response from ADP

Meg,

We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP® and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you.

-Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Replied 28/02/2022

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

Makes Payroll Simple and Easy

Pros

I used RUN powered by ADP with a company I previously owned with 5 employees. For probably all business owners doing payroll, withholding, and taxes is the biggest stress. RUN was a simple and easy to use for my payroll. You can change employees hours or wages each week by logging into their web portal. It takes no time at all to process the payroll. For the salary employees it was simple to have a reoccurring payroll payment to them every two weeks. It will send the employees all of their information for their direct deposits. The employee can also login to see all his or her information.

Best of all at the end of the year the taxes and forms paperwork is all taken care of for you. They will automatically send out the W2s to the employees. This relieves a lot of stress at the end of the year when it comes to taxes.

I had to call customer service a few times for questions and help. Their customer service is top notch and very helpful. They have logged into my computer and showed me everything I needed to know.

This is a great option for payroll for businesses.

Cons

The only con I could mention is the cost for the service. Of course we all want things to be less expensive but this was a little more expensive than most payroll services. The quality is outstanding so you definitely get what you pay for. RUN has so many extra features that most do not. Aside from the additional cost for RUN I would still recommend it from all the others I have used.

Pam

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

Run by ADP makes payroll super easy! Payroll takes me less than 10 minutes with a staff of 30!

Pros

What I like best is how simple and user-friendly it is. The ease of initially setting up an employee can't be beaten. I especially love how fast I get payroll done. Run takes all the guesswork out of payroll. I simply approve what RUN has already done and submit. Payroll is just that easy! Plus I can easily access any payroll, employee or tax document. The best part, if I make a mistake their staff is incredible at finding a solution! They're friendly and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend using Run in conjunction with ADP's ezlabor. You';re employees clock in and get paid under the same system which saves even more time!

Cons

The only flaw I can is that if an employee puts in their 2 week notice, for example, you cannot add it to run in advance. You have to wait until the employee is no longer clocking in/out to update their information. It would have saved a step to be able to put it in immediately when they give notice.

Beverly
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

As A Small Business That Just Started in December 2019, I Feel Taken Advantage Of!

I just wanted to know how much ADP would cost. Upon talking to the saleswoman over the phone she basically pushed me into going with ADP because there was a promotion going on at the time. From the moment I began using it things have not gone smoothly. I was hit with a couple of NSFs which I admit is my fault because of the bank I am currently using. But also I experienced financial hardship due to the pandemic. I was unable to afford ADP for the month of April. Because of this, they deactivated my account without any real warning. The thing is, the account was still functional, so I even added the time management feature for my employees. I was super excited about that. When I got my PPP loan, I immediately called ADP and scheduled payment that I owed so that my payroll feature would not be suspended. That's when I found out that the account had been deactivated. Instead of reactivating, they offered me a new one and an even bigger discount. But they realized that they had to file Q1 taxes. So they closed the new account, voided the payroll for that account, and reactivated the first account I had. Which is what should have been done in the first place. I was advised to use another method to pay my employees for the pay period until they get my account in order. Somehow, today, I receive an invoice for the payroll I ran even though it was voided. I am being charged for services that I didn't even get to use.

Every time I turn around I am having to give them more and more $

Pros

It's very comprehensive and easy to use. Initially seems like you can get a good deal and that the product is worth the price.

Cons

It turns out to be too expensive and it's like they don't get that they charge nearly $400 a month while other companies charge $40. They are not friendly enough for new small businesses and offer no flexibility during hardship such as the pandemic. I ended up having to shell out hundreds of dollars just because I couldn't afford to use the software. When dealing with customer service, things also tend to get unorganized and confusing when they don't have to be.

Response from ADP

Beverly,

We understand the hardship during these times and putting your business and employees first is front of mind. Your RUN? Support Team will be reaching out to ensure full resolution of these matters. We appreciate your partnership and trust more than ever and look forward to connecting to restore that balance.

-Your RUN? Support Team

Replied 05/06/2020
Tim

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

A great way to do payroll by a trusted company

Pros

We have used ADP for a long time at my current company and at previous companies I have worked for. Knowing that ADP created this program gives us peace of mind we don't get with smaller programs or companies. We know that if there is an issue, ADP is there to help us fix it and our dedicated account representative is always checking up on us. The ability to check previous years is great and we are able to keep all of our hire/fire paperwork organized in one place which is great.

Cons

The biggest issue we have run into is that you have to make sure you do payroll right the first time. If you submit payroll and have any issues that need to be fixed or you miss your deadline then there are charges for getting your issue resolved. The fee is understandable and has made us a lot more careful about what we do. Just make sure you triple check before submitting if you don't already.

Lindsey-Leigh

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

A decent product that gets the job done better than the servicer we had before.

For what we need it to do, it works and then some. Having all the reports available for us to run when we have audits is much better than having to request them and wait from our previous company.

Pros

For the most part, running payroll and managing employees is easy. If there is anything that you have difficulty with there is always an agent to walk you through how to get it done. It is nice that I can enter payroll from my computer, or my phone as I am sometimes out in the field when payroll needs to be run.

Cons

ADP can be VERY pushy about buying additional services from them. I find it quite annoying myself. They take a bit of a " if you don't get this services, this can happen" approach that I do not appreciate.

Response from ADP

Lindsey-Leigh,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of RUN Powered by ADP?.

How wonderful to hear that RUN? provides you with the information and access you require at your fingertips, empowering you to focus on your business!

We value your trust and partnership on your payroll and HCM needs.

-Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied 07/12/2020
Drenna
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

Good Product

So far pretty positive except for the minor issues with glitches. Especially with the mobile application issues.

Pros

Many changes have been made to this product since our firm started using it which is a plus. There has been improvement in regard to clocking and out @ desired times. It's very easy to manage your time as well as PTO accrued time .

Cons

There are times when there are server issues and I can't clock in and out. Even when I am in the office.

Response from ADP

Drenna,

We welcome all feedback to ensure RUN Powered by ADP? continues to empower small businesses to more efficiently manage their payroll and HCM needs. We are glad to hear you find a user friendly experience within RUN.

Thank you for the feedback on the mobile app, we will pass this along to our Product Team. We are always working to enhance RUN and delight our users so we value your insights.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied 04/06/2021
Hank

Reviewed on 03/02/2023

ADP is great product for any company

I have four companies that use ADP run and by far ADP is the easiest and most reliable application i have used for processing.

Pros

It was easy to learn and setup. Customer support was outstanding.

Cons

It doesnt always sync up correctly with quickbooks

Deuene
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

ADP is overall great

Pros

I like the ability to process payroll on a consistent basis. ADP allows us the ability to set individual pay parameters for our staff and automatically process payroll for those on a set compensation. I enjoy the reports that can be produced.

Cons

This software should offer reductions for members who have used the software for a long period of time. There are only benefits for new users. The amount of individuals using this product, increases the cost of the product.

Features at the time
Sean
Sean
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

One of the best platforms out of all payroll processing companies for small businesses

There's a reason ADP is the biggest name out there. They haven't let me down yet, but I'll certainly post if they do!

Pros

the software seems very secure and has a lot of measures that are taken. Very easy to use, even for technologically inept people like me. The rep that sold me the software was extremely thorough.
Has a lot of features for payroll processing, tax reporting, and human resources features, and even workers comp integration.

Simply put, this software integrates nearly all financial and human resource aspects I need as a small business owner, other than banking. It even makes it easier to offer retirement benefits for my employees. It's not the cheapest software out there, but it is 100% worth the money.

Cons

On occasion, it logs me out or glitches if I process my payroll on wednesday (apparently that's the busiest day to process so the system gets overloaded). Sometimes gets annoying to have to make small changes or customize reports, but that's just part of the business.

Kenneth
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 19/07/2022

ADP Run

ADP tends to start at low prices and increase become pricey after initial terms. Software is excellent. Customer service is average sometimes difficult to get answers.

Pros

Software is very intuitive easy to administer.

Cons

Customer Service/pricey after initial terms

Joyce
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

Using ADP

We are able to run payroll without having to call anyone, I can do it from home or vacation. It has proven to be easy to use the software. I have been able to call customer support and accomplish all the things quickly and efficiently over the phone. It has been a good experience so far. I am pleased so far.

Pros

I am new to ADP so I am still learning. It has been very easy to maneuver through payroll. I have been able to make changes and add things with very little trouble. I like it so far and the customer service is good also when you do not know just what to do.

Cons

I have not found too many things I don't like about it. The only thing I can think of is when I signed up I was talking to a sales Rep who led me to believe he was my go-to person for all problems. He was very helpful in the set up process but when I needed customer service he was not thee for me. It would be nice to have a representative to call with my questions.

Response from ADP

Joyce,

Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are happy to hear that RUN? offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient, especially when on the go!

We value your partnership on your human capital management needs.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied 16/03/2020