ADP TotalSource Reviews

4.2

4.2

About ADP TotalSource

ADP TotalSource is a full-service HR solution for SMBs. It provides cloud-based HR technology paired with a team of experts to help businesses handle payroll, employment tax, employee benefits and benefits administration, HR...

3.8
4.1
4.1

Browse ADP TotalSource Reviews

MaryEllen
MaryEllen

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Overall I am very happy with ADP.

Pros

Most of it is very user friendly. Payroll is very easy to submit and if I have a problem you can always call and speak with someone.

Cons

I really dislike the ireports, not user friendly at all.
Have a hard time finding the reports I need.

Gidget

Reviewed on 28/05/2024

Highly Recomend

Satisfied! Easy to use, effective reporting, love that it covers everything!

Pros

Great product, user friendly and dependable!

Cons

The ability to give access as needed rather than having to put a case in.

QuickBooks Desktop

Reasons for Switching to ADP TotalSource

Ease of use and efficiency, effective reporting, love that it covers everything!
Kendra
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Reviewed on 07/06/2024

Lowest cost, but track record on service

Mediocre. If we could find another provider who is within 5% of ADP's cost, we would switch.

Pros

Overall cost seems to be the lowest - we evaluate other PEOs at least every other year, and no one has been able to beat the price.

Cons

We are in Massachusetts, which requires us to contribute to PFML. ADP pulls the funds for this but is chronically late in paying the state, resulting in additional fees and interest (which ADP has to pay), as well as dunning letters. The PFML administrators have told us that many Massachusetts companies that use ADP TotalSource have trouble getting these fees paid. Nonetheless, it is our responsibility to make sure ADP makes these payments. So, we spend a lot of time chasing them to ensure that the state gets paid.
The service is highly variable. For the most part, the service has been poor and has gotten worse over time. We currently have a couple of people supporting us who are very responsive and that's a nice change.
The underlying software systems seem outdated.

Response from ADP

Hi Kendra, thank you so much for the review! We will be in touch shortly to ensure your needs are being met with ADP TotalSource. Have a great day!

Replied 13/06/2024

Top ADP TotalSource Alternatives

Douglas

User interface

alwasy have a bit of a problem navigating the web portals. Plus, there are so many of them!

Pros

Ease of payrol, tax deductions, reporting

Cons

Terrible interface on work force now, and retirement accounts. Limited option while doing payroll, ie PTO: does not allow one to personalize reasons why the many various reason people take off. Also it does not allow particular payments to employess as vacation' when employee would rather work for vacation.

Elaine
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

ADP Totalsource - a most trusted HR advisor

Simply phenomenal given the ease of use, and the help line is always available for me to call and have an issue resolved asap.

Pros

A full service one stop provider utilizing a co-employer model that helps a small organization such as ours to fulfil all of our HR obligations, as well as federal and state regulations, while offering our employees great benefits.

Cons

So much resources that I am at times too busy or lost to take full advantage of them.

Debbie
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Need a Good PEO

From the beginning I have had very good representatives to help in all areas.

Pros

ADP Total Source fills your many needs in a PEO from payroll and affordable Health Benefits to all of your Human Resource needs.

Cons

I think if you compare administrative fees, ADP TS is higher than most.

• Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 29/05/2024

Precision Laser & Instrument, Inc.

Always great. I have been and ADP client for over 40 years, through several different businesses. I would highly recommend ADP to all.

Pros

Everything. Very convenient, user friendly and our Reps are great!
Courtney
Melissa
Always great efficient support and service.

Cons

Nothing worth mentioning; we are very content with ADP TotalSource.

JAMES
  • Industry: Hospitality

Useful Program

I find my payroll rep. [sensitive content hidden] is very responsive, pleasant, and knows her job.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service, pleasant people to work with.

Cons

Long waits for human interaction at times.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to ADP TotalSource

The people. More interaction for assistance and support.
TAMARA

My Personal ADP experience

Pros

Its extremely easy to navigate in their system and onboarding is very easy.

Cons

Sometimes you dont get the same representative that you are used to getting . High turnover

TriNet

Reasons for Switching to ADP TotalSource

Ease of the system and the customer service was stellar
Nick
Nick
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 10/08/2018

Run Away, Don't Walk

Terrible. Full of promises that were never acted on. A "dedicated" team that never responds. Look elsewhere, immediately. We tried giving them numerous chances, numerous, for very simple things that were promised. None are fixed. Even their 24/7 support line takes 6 days to respond.

Pros

PTO tracking was pretty good. And good healthcare rates. They consulted when we had an issue with a bad employee. That's about it.

Cons

Everything. The system is full of bugs and errors. Running payroll takes about 30 steps. The support team, when actually available which wasn't often, never had answers. We have gone over a year and still have not had a simple employee manual, which was promised the first month. They knew we had employees in California since the beginning, and our dedicated Payroll support person said 1 year later, I didn't know you had employees in CA when we asked why it wasn't available in a dropdown. Our HR support person rarely responds to emails. We keep getting late notices for non-payment from the unemployment services office (which ADP is supposed to pay on time). Employees pay was randomly changed without our notice. The benefits selection process for our employees was a joke—numerous broken links in the system. They weren't even provided a simple explanation of benefits for the plan options. I could go on for days and days about the ridiculous number of errors broken promises. Sorry is all we get, with no resolution. Its a lot of money to pay with NO value. Or a "that's an upgraded feature" despite it being promised by our sales team. The only services that work are the 3rd party solutions they use (which are a lot).

Katherine

Reviewed on 10/03/2023

ADP Payroll and Timesheet

Pros

ADP is easy and comprehensive. It is easy to find what you need on the online site and to make notes or changes to the time sheet as needed.

Cons

ADP is easy to use on the computer though there are some technical difficulties with the app sometimes when it comes to clocking in and out.

Response from ADP

Hi Katherine, we'd just like to thank you for taking the time to write this review of TotalSource. Every bit of feedback like this does so much to help us out! If you have any specific app questions, feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) and we can direct you to the right team to assist. We're very grateful for customers like you and hope you stick with us for years to come!

Wallace

Reviewed on 26/12/2019

You can do better.

We moved over to ADP TotalSource (PEO) from ADP Run and I'll begin my review by saying we're not happy at all.
Let's start with the price: ADP TotalSource is very expensive and I can now say the cost does not justify the service received.
Service: My sales representative "forgot" to cancel our previous RUN service when she moved us over to TotalSource. Every time we called for live representative, we were never able to get a hold of our "dedicated" representative. I would leave voicemails, but no one checks those. They did call back whenever I followed up with an email.
Closing thoughts: Save the headache and find a newer, more up-to-date PEO service provider. We moved over to a much better company and we're happy. In addition to saving about half of what we were paying ADP, we're receiving better service and we're also using a user-friendly online platform.

Pros

There isn't much to like. I guess since this field is a requirement, I'd say they do make sure their platform is compliant.

Cons

The TotalSource online platform is ancient.. it's like as if someone designed it to be not-user-friendly on purpose. In today's day and age, it's expected for a company like ADP to provide a user-friendly experience.

Brandon
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 31/05/2023

Avoid ADP

The customer service we've received is nothin short of embarrassing. They apologize profusely, but no action is taken to resolve issues. [sensitive content hidden]
our support manager is a politician and largely useless. I've tried for weeks and months to get the support needed... we just get the runaround. I'm going to pay 20% more for a different product just to get away from them.

Pros

The health insurance available is decent

Cons

The set up was a disaster. Feels like we took a step back 10 years. On boarding is clunky, support is abysmal. They take no ownership of issues.

Response from ADP

Hi Brandon. We're sorry to hear that your experience was not up to standards. We would like the opportunity to talk and investigate the implementation issues that you explained further. If you're interested, please email your contact info to [email protected]. We'll get you in touch with the right team to help resolve your issues as quickly as possible.

Reviewed on 07/06/2021

One stop solution for your all HR Function

Overall it is a complete one stop solution for your HR function. It made your all the HR function online and easy to access with the guidance of experts.

Pros

It is a complete package to organize all the HR related function in any organization as it is suitable for all the industry. This software helps us to manage human resources completely, employee benefits, Payroll and regulatory compliance. Compare to it's competitors it has more features with regular updates and also dedicated expert guidance. Best thing it is a cloud based.

Cons

I think it didn't have anything which is least likable but yes they can improve their reporting module as sometime we are facing difficulties with customizing report.

Jeffrey
  • Industry: Computer Networking

MSI Technologies, LLC

Great to date. would recommend to all small businesses

Pros

The product, being ablet to provid employees a good selection for benefits is great. Plus, [sensitive content hidden] our rep makes me feel like I am a big company even though we aren't. Great customer service.

Cons

reporting is a little hard for me.

• Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 21/06/2019

ADP simplifies my HR

Overall I love the program. It's so convenient and makes it so everything is at my fingertips. Instead of me sending a million emails to human resources or going up to human resources it's all readily available. Let's say it's the weekend and I need a copy of my last two pay stubs. I can just go online and obtain them with only a few clicks.

Pros

I like the fact that this software makes things easy to change. It's super easy to navigate and if I update my address or if I want to change my benefits it's super easy to use. The greatest thing is that I don't have to bug anyone if I just have a short question about my benefits or my time off. Also, my paystubs are all online and easy to view. The system is so easy to use and the site offers great security if you should lose your password.

Cons

I don't like the fact that all of the options aren't available within the program but I'm not sure if that's something the place of business chooses or if it's something within the software. For example, most people I see can check their paid time off and other things. My version doesn't allow me to click on paid time off, but I think that has to do with how the company sets their program up.

Jesse

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

5 Stars All Around

Regardless of the con listed above, this was an outlying issue, and the overall quality and customer service of this organization has been amazing.

Pros

There are too many pros to write about here. From being able to print off past statements, to being able to view current and past benefits this is an amazing program. The customer service has always been amazing to work with.

Cons

The only issue that I have ever had with them was trying to get a tax issue on my paycheck resolved, there was a lack of communication on the part of customer service, and it took much too long to get the issue resolved.

• Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 07/06/2024

Was good but not anymore.

Pros

All in one platform was simple to use until the past few years

Cons

High costs and delayed responses to critical questions that delayed business decisions

Response from ADP

Hi Andrew, thank you for providing the review! We look forward to continuing our partnership and better ensuring your company's needs are being met with ADP TotalSource. Have a great day!

Replied 13/06/2024
EMILY
  • Industry: Newspapers

Reviewed on 15/12/2018

Extremely basic and worth what you pay

If you run a small company with basic needs, get it. If it's bigger than 40-50 people or you want something with real detail, I wouldn't recommend it.

Pros

It does the basic job of tracking logging in and out and employee record keeping. It's organized in a basic and sometimes easily accessible design.

Cons

This software is a low bar for what you can expect for the price. It wasn't as detailed in employee information as I'd sometimes would've liked. The fonts are smaller so it's less accessible than other competitors. It didn't leave room for variability options.

Tyler
  • Industry: Machinery

Review 2024

When i began with Airmaster 5 years ago i received good feedback from our contact, whom left shortly after. Since then we've been bounced from representative to representative and now ours is unresponsive to our most critical HR needs through out Operations Manager.

Overall the technology is sufficient, but the communication and interaction with our staff is lacking.

Pros

The software seems modern and relatively comprehensive. The Report Dashboard is good for ease of information

Cons

Interaction with our contact has been problematic. She unresponsive to our Operations Manager, and they can't solve the simplest of items. PTO has been an issue for two years now and still have new errors every day.

Benjamin

ADP Review

Overall, this has been a fairly positive experience.

Pros

The support of our HR Business Partner and other industry experts.

Cons

The software can be a little more difficult to navigate until you figure out how to manage.

Helen
  • Industry: Wireless

Reviewed on 01/11/2017

This software lets you do so many things

The ease of turning in payroll whenever I am ready without having to make phone calls to do so. Reports at my fingertips, ease of setting up employees, etc.

Pros

Love the ease of putting in payroll, new employees, updating employees, getting reports, terminating employees, etc. Really quick and easy.

Cons

There isn't anything we just don't like about this software. Do wish you could use your right/left arrow keys when inputting payroll. It would save a lot of time. You can use the up/down arrow keys, but not the right/left.

Victoria
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 08/11/2017

I needed to change the archaic payroll system that was here before me.

Pros

I mostly like how easy and simple the software is to use. It also gives your employees a lot of control where it would just be time consuming for you, such as their personal information. Employees can update their tax info, direct deposit, request time off, and do all their time clocking. It makes it for a more hands off experience for HR so they can focus on bigger and more important things.

Cons

Sometimes there are items you can not change without ADP's assistance, that puts a delay on certain items. Also, some items work off of pay periods, so to remove an employee I have needed to wait one-two pay periods.

Alfredo

Reviewed on 10/05/2023

No support

Not a problem while working there, big problem when no longer working for company. Onboarding is a breeze, but it should also be a breeze on our end to leave

Pros

Easy to use when I was an employee but once I left the company I couldn’t access my account.

Cons

Self-termination so I can transfer 401k funds. Since I am unable to find the contact who set up my payroll (she may have left the company) no one can terminate me and I can’t rollover my 401k with Voya Financial.

Response from ADP

Hi Alfredo. Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience after leaving your company, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. If you're interested, please email your contact info to [email protected]. We'll get you in touch with the right team to help resolve your issues as quickly as possible.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

Consistently easy to use and glitch-free

I recommend this to anyone looking to manage their employees across a larger scale with a software that takes a seamless, simple, effective, not the most basic but no superfluous bells and whistles gumming up the works approach and hits it out of the park with flawless functionality.

Pros

I used this for keeping track of my hours, benefits, and payroll as an employee of a large public school system. The ease of use and organization of this software were well developed and user friendly. Not only was it simple to use without being "in your face" but it was reliable, as in, consistently working and never had an issue or malfunction.

Cons

It could have used a person touch either from the user side where customization is possible or from the company where I had a contact person or human I could have reached if needed...however that is just splitting hairs, besides, if the software never breaks then you dont need tech support or a company contact person, right?