ADP Workforce Now Reviews

About ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Solution is suited for businesses with more than 50 employees looking to streamline HR processes. ADP Workforce Now includes capabilities such as payroll processing and tax filing, performance management, compensatio...

4.2

Rashid
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

ADP Work Force Now Review

I had a great experience using the software it gives a wholistic view of where your paycheck goes!

Pros

ADP Workforce now is an extremely user friendly software that enables clients to accurately keep track of their paychecks in digital form. The software keeps track of tax, deductions and retirement contributions and presents them in an easy to understand visual format. You are also able to change information related to your deductibles etc. from the online platform

Cons

Despite the great features it can be difficult to find what you are looking for in this software. Someone new to this software will feel somewhat overwhelmed by the many drop down menus presented on the home screen. This software is also one of the more pricey options available on the market.

Kim

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

Easy to use and super efficient

Pros

I love that you can use app easily and that site keeps all info at fingers reach

Cons

I had nothing that I did not like about ADP.

Jenny
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 20/04/2024

Wow it's awesome

Pros

Well it's good and easy to use and awesome

Cons

Sometimes it's sliw and gets stuck and sometimes it stops working

Top ADP Workforce Now Alternatives

QuickBooks Online

BeyondTrust Remote Support

Oracle PeopleSoft

nitchell
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 18/04/2024

ADP GAME CHANGER

LOVE IT. Have been using it for years. my previous jobs used it and when i change careers the ADP app updated all the changes on its own

Pros

Theres so many benefits of the ADP, it keeps you organized, informed.

Cons

You do have to be connected to internet for it to work, which is all app now a days.

Rich
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

The ease & use of ADP!

Very satisfied with the ease of use to be able to go between and find different categories of my payroll.

Pros

The ability to manage all aspects to my payroll

Cons

I have no issues with the use of the application.

Liam
Liam

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

A Lot of Buck for Little Bang

To piggyback off the last response, the overall experience was quite poor when it came to the actual resource navigation of the site. As I took this role over managing this system, it became apparent that there was a very limited amount of knowledge as to what information this system even held, let alone how to actually access it.

To take it one step further, these types of scenarios became more difficult as if there was a situation that hadn't been encountered before, only the administrator was able to handle that particular issue on behalf of the employee. Multiple times when employees attempted to handle benefit package errors/changes and were unable to make any effect.

This said, if it were a personal issue, sometimes employees problems would go unresolved in lieu of having to have someone else handle that problem for them through support.

Pros

The software and services that ADP provides are some of the most wide ranging and highly customizable you can find on the market. Being the largest name, they're able to bring in partners quickly and therefore have a good amount of integrations and other employee resources that you won't be offered through smaller providers.

For example, the Life Mart package for employee discount programs is easily one of the most missed pieces of our prior platform (wasn't able to find comparable tool at similar price point).

Cons

The navigation and overabundance of links (that generally lead to the same place) make this software very hard to use. On the home screen alone, there were over 30 different options of where you could go from that screen and not a ton of specificity enough to make you confidence that you're even going to the right place.

Theres a lack of actual substance that bothers me. Outside of creating reporting based on the information within the system, the system itself is more or less a portal that connects all these other insurance and investment platforms. The system itself doesn't really do as much as you'd expect for what you pay for. If you're a massive organization and have daily applications of the reporting the system generates, I'm sure it would change things a bit but for your typical small company, it's a bit too deep of a package for their to be so little customization.

Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

At the time, the name carried a good amount of weight. Not having prior experience utilizing a similar system and bringing ADP on at this time, it provided more confidence on our end to know that we were using the tool that the majority of the industry was using.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 23/04/2024

ADP Survey

Pros

I accessibility of use, I have access to paystubs when ever I need them.

Cons

When requesting PTO, you much deduct you lunch, if you forget your time will no be correct for that week

Alan

Reviewed on 07/06/2024

ADP is great for a small-medium business

Pros

ADP Workforce Now is easy to use and it has helped our company grow

Cons

ADP Workforce Now can be a bit pricey for the other payroll/HR products available. We will consider swapping.

Ashish
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

Great app for payroll and time off

Overall, its a great tool and very efficient that some of the other payroll softwares I used

Pros

I love the user interface. Its great that they have an app to use and manage my payrolls and time offs

Cons

Not much but just minor bugs with App such as login with face id is troublesome sometimes

• Industry: Cosmetics

ADP pays off

Pros

Its useful and user friendly interface made checking my.paystubs easy!

Cons

ADP is kind of.glitchy and slow and grey color.schemed.but overall ok

Kym
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

ADP

After the implementation process, as painful as it was, the system seems to be a little smoother and working correctly. Still finding some items that are needing fixed from the lack of attention from our previous account managers.

Pros

ADP has automated several process that used to be manual.

Cons

The implementation process was very difficult and lasted over a year. It took almost a year to find a good Account Manager. The continued updates. Just seems that every week I go in and something has changed. The ACA reporting is still a little clunky.

Paycom

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

CDK was sunsetting their program. ADP and CDK used to be one in the same therefore we were under the impression that ADP would have more dealership experience when it came to payroll.

CDK Global

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

Again because we were under the assumption that ADP had more dealership experience when it came to payroll because they used to be a part of CDK (which is a dealership accounting software).
Nicholas

Reviewed on 23/09/2019

good for users, bad for admins

decent platform but we switched to a more local provider just because of the level of service and ease of setting up new departments(properties). I'd recommend ADP for a larger company that may have some more pull in getting what they need, not a smaller company

Pros

Easy to use for all employees, big company, so a lot of the kinks in the software were ironed out a long time ago. Employees know the ADP name and the system can be easily trained and implemented to new hires

Cons

our company does property management, which means we need different "departments" (aka properties) under the umbrella management company. It tooks us upwards of 6-8 weeks sometimes to have a new property set up in the system. We always got routed to different departments in ADP with little feedback/response until we escalated the issues out of sheer frustration.

Paycor

cost and ease of use

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

ease of setting it up and promised a good customer manager.
Karen

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

HRIS System

Overall my ADP Workforce now experience has been excellent.

Pros

ADP provides useful modules for the HRIS needs. The Payroll, HR and Benefits management modules are most useful and critical for our needs. Our dedicated support person is top tier and very helpful. Not always something that smaller companies can find. We are fortunate to be a PE firm and have that additional ADP support.

Cons

Each module costs and can be pricy. Modules should be bundled and priced accordingly. Also once you buy a module, it seems like the transition to implementation drops off until you remind them you want to move forward with implementation.

Dayforce HCM and Paycom

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

Ultipro is not as supportive and does not have the functionality of ADP.

UKG Pro

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

Previous knowledge of system and not paying for something we wouldnt use.
ALEX
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

ADP WorkForceNow disregards the "little guy"

One of the worst software experiences I've ever had. We were promised a 2 month implementation, it ended up taking well over a year to get fully set up. We have gone through 10 different account managers on the ADP end and have to restart every time a new one comes into the picture. The software is old and outdated, very complicated to use. Overall, the only reason people flock to ADP is for their "brand name". In terms of ease of use, functionality, and other features that smaller payroll companies offer, ADP WorkForceNow is extremely lacking

Pros

WorkForceNow does have a ton of features. They're great features if you can figure out how to use them. Don't expect a rep t help you learn if you're a smaller (less than 500 employee) company.

Cons

The platform is extremely old, confusing, and clunky. It looks like a web 1.0 portal and is extremely complicated to use. You basically have to have an employee that dedicates 100% of their time to learning their platform. Customer service is also atrocious unless youre a huge company.

Cristiano

Reviewed on 02/12/2021

Custom solution to fit any business size/type.

We switched from Paychex to ADP as we outgrew the Paychex platform. Happy with the switch, despite the occasional headache.

Pros

I like that ADP gives you complete control over all aspects of HR & Payroll within workforce now.

Cons

Because it is so customizeable, there can be issues getting feaetures working or fixed. Also, the sales and implementation team are hard to get ahold of once paperwork is finalized. They seem to disappear and work on their own schedule without feedback, regular updates on progress, etc.

Gusto and Homebase

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

Paychex was more "on rails" and didn't allow some customization that we needed. Also, their time & attendance app was terrible. I spent more time fixing time clocks than anything else.

Paychex Flex
Joshua
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

JNM Rise Inc. - ADP Work Force Now

Truthfully it has not been that bad for time management and processing payroll. Do I wish there were more customization options? Absolutely. Work Force Now has its limitations, and for this reason I have begun exploring other HRIS options.

Pros

The set up of the software was fairly simple to perform. We transitioned to this HRIS software from Ceridian in the hopes it would offer more of what we were looking for in transparency with our team, tools for better personnel management to our leadership team, and overall ease of use with our employees. A large decision for us too was that we wanted to move away from paper, and ADP offered a completely paperless option which we really appreciated.

Cons

While they claim to pride themselves on customer service, the ADP team have been less than helpful on multiple occasions. That's not to say this is the case for all employees, in fact, some have gone way above expectation and I am grateful for that assistance. Others, have been difficult to work with and have even gotten frustrated with myself when calling in for assistance.

Dayforce HCM

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

I chose Work Force Now because many in my network suggested it was the software of choice. After less than 2 years, I am now exploring other options that better suit my organizations needs.
Sherri
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

It's come a long way

We enjoy having the functionality and time savings it brings to our organization. I look forward to future upgrades to the reporting and performance review features.

Pros

We have used ADP for over 10 years. It has come a long way in the functionality. They have a good system for open enrollment, policy acknowledgements, W4 reporting, benefit tracking. I like the historical information. We recently added Doc Cloud and have enjoyed having all the documents in one place.

Cons

The reporting feature needs some work. They information is in the system, but the reports to pull the information aren't very user friendly. For example, their gross pay report is wonderful, but there isn't a report to pull that breaks down what categories the information came from. The performance review feature doesn't allow for customization to add forms. Also, when they make upgrades, they don't recognize the affect it will have on other parts of the software.

UKG Pro

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

The cost of some of the software systems was quite high. They had additional functionality, but that didn't justify the cost difference.
Abby

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

One of the least user friendly systems I've ever used

I have nothing positive to say about ADP. I believe our company had good intentions of utilizing this software, but it has been nothing but a headache for us.

Pros

Once you're able to find the information, ADP is comprehensive and has employee's information readily accessible in several areas. I think the only positive thing I have to say about this system is that you're able to reset your login password yourself, as opposed to an administrator having to do it.

Cons

There are so many things that I do not like about this software - some of the main areas of concern/difficulty:

1. There are entirely too many "widgets" to navigate through to get to the information. Information can be accessed in so many different ways, it's confusing to find what is most efficient. Personally, I think two options is a reasonable approach. It seems like we're always finding new ways to get to the same information, as opposed to it being streamlined. I don't like all the options - we have been using ADP for almost a year now and I STILL do not know how to find certain information.

2. I am an administrator and have access to an entire team (300+ employees) information. Our employer thought that ADP would work to streamline things and make accessing their information easier. Unfortuantely, I have to go through many windows and "filters" to find the information I'm looking for.

3. There are ghosts in the system that we have not been able to determine why they keep happening. For example, we have several employees we keep entering schedules for, and despite saving them, entering them through different administrators, those employees schedules WILL NOT save.

4. This system's effectiveness is largely reliant upon a company's own data entry procedures. Someone, somewhere, is entering my team's information incorrectly. As a result, I will randomly come across employees who have been misentered into the system and our IT department has to resolve.

Response from ADP

Hi Abby, I'm sorry to hear about your experience using the technology. I would be happy to connect with you an ADP payroll representative who can meet with you to improve the experience. Please contact me at [email protected]

Replied 09/01/2019
Shikha
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

ADP Workforce Now-Most used and advanced Human Capital Management Solutions

Our company’s overall experience has been extremely good except for the customer service part, which has now improved as compared to earlier. We have no plans to move to any other software since our entire team is very well versed with this software.

Pros

ADP Workforce Now is a wholesome web-based human resource capital management system designed to assist and automate company’s HR processes including payroll management, benefits, time and labor management, compliance etc.
This tool also provides the API, which facilitates the smooth integration with other HR business application including any internal software that you may have. We have been using this software for almost 5 years now and the experience has been amazing. The entire application is user friendly and easy to manage with a supportive customer service.
It also facilitates our employees to register into the system whose paycheck has been processed once and they can view their paystubs online, which reduces our burden of sending the paystubs separately.
The entire process of payroll including the tax processing, sick time filing (if applicable), PTO management etc. is simplified through this application.
The benefit enrolment/waiving process is also easier with all the documents placed under different sections of the consultant’s file.

Cons

The customer support team is cooperative but getting answers from them could be tedious. You have to be on call for almost 15-20 minutes before you could hear a human voice. The response time over emails is not so fast as well. It may take from 4-5 hours to a day to get an answer sometimes.

Sarita
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 10/02/2017

Workforce Now -Better but still needs improvement

I have been an ADP Practitioner since August 2012. Within each upgrade our processes seem to improve on efficiency and accuracy thanks to the updates made. We have however had some issues in terms of "user-friendly" that while are small in nature, they do create inconvenience for our associates.

1. Message Center - I believe it was V10 I really enjoyed our Message Center - having the action arrows available was quick and easy. In the next upgrade it changed to a check, an X and three little dots. While this is convenient, not everyone can see these options on their screen unless a)they zoom in, or b) they scroll down - scroll right - scroll back up. It's just a headache.
2. Time off - this is helpful but still having some issues. We round to the nearest quarter and at this time it is rounded to the nearest minute. Also within time off request, anytime the policy or reason code is changed the hours zero out. We used to be able to submit a week for vacation on one line, it would appear a 5 days x 8 hours and submit. If we wanted to each day individually we had that option as well. Now it's all individually so each line must be manually updated. Very inconvenient.
3. Reporting - The ease of reporting has improved so much I would just assign 5 stars for that! Sadly I have been calling and attempting to build a report that retains an associates work history and still to no avail.
4. Client Service - For the most part the reps I have spoken to have always been very polite. As far as knowledge of a particular module it can vary from person to person so some frustration can occur when seeking an answer for an issue. Also turnaround time on open cases can be way longer than expected, while some never even respond.

All around I truly love this product. In terms of what we need I do like Workforce Now very much. We look forward to all upgrades and improvements that they bring.

Pros

As a practitioner the options within the modules has been fairly easy to setup. It has the capacity to do so much more than we are doing in our department currently, and the introduction of ADP Mobile has elevated the service to our associates.

Cons

Ease and functionality could be improved. Again minor things but do contribute to the overall experience.

Response from ADP

Sarita - Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review. I would like to connect you with someone who can assist with each of the items you outline below. Please reach out to me directly and I can set something up. [email protected]

Replied 15/02/2017
Katy
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

We did not have an HRIS, so overall using ADP has been a huge improvement over spreadsheets.

Pros

1. Flow from ADP payroll to ADP Retirement Services
2. The upgrades to WFN have been beneficial
3. I like being assigned an OE Specialist for my benefits open enrollment.
4. Employees can print their own W2 form; self service options
5. I do like the customer service specialist option if I have a difficult or complicated issue

Cons

1. Pulling data from payroll and benefits using reports is difficult
2. The customer service reps (not the specialists) seem to have a route to handle an issue. By the time I am calling I have narrowed down some possible solutions and instead of listening to where I am in the process the CS rep seems to start at the beginning and goes through solutions I have already tried. They make suggestions or try things that I know are not going to work.
3. There are times when I don't know what I don't know and in setting up something in ADP I do not know what the ramifications are of a decision I have made. Ex: I should have signed up with ADP Retirement Services at the beginning of the year, not the 3rd quarter because when running end of year reports I was missing pertinent data because the deduction codes for the 401k plan were changed to new codes. Didn't seem like a problem at the time, but for my end of year processing it has been a nightmare.
4. I wish the portal page/log in page was more dynamic in order to create a more interesting home page
5. I do not always find answers or help on the Support Pages. Ex: how to set up my employees in a new HSA account.

Response from ADP

Hi Katy -

Thank you for providing a review of our WFN platform. We appreciate your business and loyalty to ADP! I am sorry to hear you have had some less than stellar experiences so far and would like to connect with you more on them. Please reach out to me directly: [email protected]

Replied 07/12/2017
Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 15/03/2023

Efficient payroll processing with ADP Workforce Now

Overall, ADP Workforce Now is a comprehensive HR management solution that provides reliable and efficient payroll processing, customizable features, and excellent customer support. While it may be challenging for some users to navigate its reporting features and may not be cost-effective for smaller businesses, it is a solid choice for larger companies seeking a comprehensive HR management software.

Pros

The software provides a wide range of features to manage employee data, benefits, payroll, and compliance.One of the standout features of ADP Workforce Now is its user-friendly interface. The dashboard provides quick access to all relevant information and tasks, making it easy to navigate and complete tasks efficiently. The software is also highly customizable, allowing us to tailor it to our specific needs and preferences.The payroll processing feature is also a major advantage of ADP Workforce Now. It provides accurate and efficient payroll processing, which is essential for any HR management software. The payroll module is comprehensive and includes features like time and attendance tracking, tax filing and compliance, and direct deposit options.Another pro of ADP Workforce Now is its excellent customer support. The support team is knowledgeable and responsive, always providing quick and effective solutions to any issues or questions we have encountered.

Cons

One of the cons of ADP Workforce Now is the complexity of its reporting features. The software provides a range of reporting options, but navigating and creating custom reports can be challenging for users who are not experienced in HR management.Additionally, the cost of ADP Workforce Now can be a bit high for smaller businesses, which may make it less accessible for those with limited budgets.

meir
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 31/03/2017

Excellent Product

I use the payroll, Time & Attendance and HRB. I have been a client of ADP for 30 years+!! My Mother started with calling in the information to ADP every week! Then I came into the business and we went from manual phone calls to a computerized system. It was called PC Payroll. A great payroll package. Then approx 1 1/4 years ago, we were told that PC Payroll is being discontinued and we made the switch to WFN. We started at Version 2 and we are now, we are at Version 13 - with Version 14 soon to happen. A very happy client.

Pros

1. I am the admin of the payroll dept. it is my responsibility and i run it weekly. Once I learn how to do the functions, it works very well.
2. Customer support is second to none! Truly excellent!
3. The program does a lot - with many features. Upgrades are starting to be more frequent - which is a good thing.
4. They have support system which is called "The Bridge". all users are connected to it. you can ask a question and it will be answered by another user or even am ADP employee.
5. Wish list: It is very powerful program. There are very many features. Many of them i know and many of them, i don't even know they are there. I wish there was a document available that goes through the whole WFN and lists and describes ALL the features available - whether they are standard or offered only as on option. Just let me know about it!!!

Cons

During the December and beginning of January, the hold time can be very long. i have been on hold for over 45 minutes. i am really hoping that it will be corrected.

Response from ADP

Meir –

First and foremost, thank you for being a 30-year partner of ours. I love your story, and hearing the evolution of your relationship with ADP. As a member of ADP’s Client Loyalty team, I am always thrilled to see and hear about our long-term partners. Also, thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product and Service. We truly appreciate the time you took to do this. Please reach out to me and we can discuss your wish-list document. I may have something that you can use. [email protected].

Replied 04/04/2017
Johnathan
Johnathan

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

All your work information in one place

ADP is a big player in the payroll, HR and workplace support space. I use their software because my employer uses it. We switched from Trinet, which I admit I prefer, but WorkforceNow will suffice. It is not a bad tool, but I've had better.

Pros

What I state in the title is pretty much the best part of this software. To have everything at your finger tips is a plus. There is detailed information such as the breakdown of your paycheck with graphs included.

Cons

These are the areas that I liked the least. One caveat: I realize that these points are not necessarily due to the software itself, but with this application it is hard to separate the issues from the software. I did not give the software any less stars due to no. 2 and 4.

1) the discount page under benefits, seems to hang-up often. It came to a point I stopped visiting because of this.
2) issue with benefits in that the providers could not find us as having enrolled. Is this due to the software or human error? Not sure, but the insurer had to be contacted due to the oversight from ADP.
3) the look and interface will not win any awards. It is functional, but could use a "new coat of paint" and better menus.
4) when I inquired with MyLifeAdvisor via email, regarding an issue, it took two days for a response. I realize that is a reasonable time frame, but am spoiled with our previous vendor responding within two hours.

Margaret
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

2+ User of ADP/WorkForceNow

The most significant benefit for our organization is the reduction of paper flying between facilities. As our managers have become more and more comfortable with WFN we've been able to move away from paper to electronic delivery and processing. The biggest time saver, and I believe improvement in communication, has been using the on line time off request function. This year end we will also be implementing electronic delivery of W2s.

Pros

WFN is, for the most part, intuitive for day to day operations. Time clock adjustments, change of status, report production -- the daily interaction and typical use is easy to learn and to train on. When I have a problem or something I'm not familiar with customer service support, especially the reporting group, is very patient and helpful.

Cons

The constant "updates" cause problems. It seems these are done over weekends so when I come in on Monday it's not uncommon to run into unexpected delays; what worked on Friday doesn't work Monday morning. As an example, the most recent update required a code for Health Care Eligibility Date in the Tax Section of the New Hire module. It was impossible to locate this code and required a call to customer service. Unfortunately my account manager was only vaguely familiar with this new requirement and it took about 20-minutes on the phone to work out what was needed, the 'why' of the need and what the random code signified is still not clear. The frequency of the updates along with the scope make it difficult to keep up.