SAP Concur Reviews

Visit Website

About SAP Concur

Concur is a cloud-based expense and travel management software solution that enables executives to manage travel expenses. It allows finance executives to monitor expenses and cash flows related to travel expenditures. Concur’s...

4.1
4.2

Browse SAP Concur Reviews

2,040 of 2,040 reviews
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

SAP Concur

overall, I really think this product is great and a huge improvement from our previous tool.

Pros

it is easy to upload receipts and match to my expenses, either via image or pdf document.
the mobile app is a life saver for someone that has trouble with keeping receipts.

Cons

My only complaint is that you can't apply the same image to multiple expenses. This is especially frustrating when you have to split an expenses.

Maddie
Maddie

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

It's been fantastic to use, with monthly reports to measure progress

The company's customer service and accounting staff were always willing to help. For a simple operation, I didn't have to fill in a lot of data in the expense reporting UI, which I appreciated. It seemed that the processes for obtaining the permit were also working well.

Pros

Since then, we've moved away from Concur's Expense and Travel modules. Whereas we won't go into specifics, our current Travel app appears to be a lateral shift, with some upgrades and some downgrades, while our current Expense app is an entirely new experience and I wouldn't consider going back.

Cons

Many times, even the real people behind the scenes couldn't get the system to do what they wanted, so I had to work with the travel provider to connect things like my frequent flyer number so I could access my status-related benefits.

DEANNA

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

SAP CONCUR

My over all experience with SAP Concur have been awesome and will continue to use this product.

Pros

What I like most about SAP Concur that is user friendly, and I would recommend this product to customers/vendors.

Cons

I do not have any dislike regarding SAP concur at this time.

Top SAP Concur Alternatives

Oracle Database

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Chrome River EXPENSE

Shaista

Reviewed on 14/04/2024

Expense management is made easy

Pros

I really liked it as an in house solution from SAP. Expenses and invoicing is made easy.

Cons

I wont have it as a separate solution, the interface and the functionalities are not up to the mark as compared to other competitors.

Luke

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

Industry leading expense management

Pros

The customisation ability plus it integrates with numerous other systems to simply financial reporting

Cons

There is a learning curve and a lot of options so this needs to be set up properly so businesses can see the benefits of such software

Grace
Grace

Reviewed on 19/09/2023

A simple tool to track expenses and travel management

Concur streamlines the process of reserving flights, hotels, and rental vehicles, as well as keeping track of my trip spending. It's challenging to multitask while constantly moving, but Concur makes it easy and safe.

Pros

It's also highly safe to use on any gadget, thanks to the necessity of a passcode. The expense is generated instantly thanks to the receipt upload function in Expenseit. This makes dealing with the massive monthly spending reports a breeze.

Cons

Especially when it comes to making travel arrangements, Concur could use a more user-friendly design. Once a day and time have been selected, it would be great if the flights could be filtered more precisely.

Reviewed on 22/04/2024

SAP Concur Is a Great Accounting Solution

Pros

I like the effective features of this expense management solution.
SAP Concur has been reliable.

Cons

SAP Concur is powerful and reliable.
It has been so reliable.

Abigail
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Helpful Tool for Expense and Travel Management

Pros

Everything I need to manage business expenses is in one place. It's incredibly easy to create a report or request, and with the help of Concur I can accurately estimate how much the cost of a trip may be and have all of the details in one place. When I return from my trip, being able to simply upload receipts and organize the expenses is incredibly helpful, and takes all of 5 minutes if I have organized my receipts and details well. The workflow is helpful for when mistakes are made or things need to be sent back and forth. Overall it's a seamless product that has made it super easy to manage our teams expenses.

Cons

The only thing I have come across that I don't particularly enjoy is that at our institution, reports cost quite a bit of money to create/submit. We make it a priority to submit as few as possible but sometimes accidents happen or an unplanned expense pops up. IN the gran scheme of things, the cost is not high, but it is there for sure.

Olivia
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

software just as archaic as the GDS

Pros

ability to track spending and compliance

Cons

clunky, difficult to understand, complicated UI without any visual or information hierarchy, inconsistent UX

Josh

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

SAP Concur makes it easy for employees to upload their receipts

Prior to implementing SAP Concur, employees in the field were manually turning in their receipts to the office where they were getting manually uploaded into Quickbooks. Now we are able to improve this process and make it more efficient.

Pros

I like that it was fairly simple to teach to our employees and that there is an integration that allows us to import those expenses directly into our accounting system.

Cons

I wish that you could input all of the information needed on just one screen before moving the expense to an expense report. I also wish that each user would have the ability to set a default card instead of it being cash.

BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy) and Expensify

Reasons for Switching to SAP Concur

It seemed easier to use than Expensify, and it allowed us to keep our current company credit cards.
Carey James
Carey James
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 10/11/2021

refused to cancel after failing to deliver working product

The concur setup person wasted weeks of corporate assets and CPA time attempting to set up. Getting a working setup failed.
We begged for help and a better setup representative, no response.
After giving up and needing to move on because we had wasted corporate resources to get the portal working with the app., we found that having the corporate CPA match transactions directly from corporate bank accounts was faster than the failed concur system.
We notified Concur many times via phone calls and emails that we wished to cancel because we never got a working product.
They continued to send collection notices no matter how many times we notified them that we never received a working product.
Now they are suing the corporation for the year they decided to keep billing us after we canceled. We, of course, are planning on vigorously countersuing.
Thankfully the corporate policy retains all phone call recordings and emails in our retention vault.
So the jury will get to sit through hours of corporate employees begging for help and sending notices to cancel after failure to launch.

Pros

we liked NOTHING. they actually only added extra work for our corporate CPA, they were supposed to make it easier. ha! #FAIL

Cons

they treated us like we simply did not matter. horrible support.

Expensify

Reasons for Switching to SAP Concur

we believed that they would be able to get us set up and working. we were wrong.
Tawanda
Tawanda
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Easy Workflows for Enterprise Expense Processing Efficiency

Concur Expense is the ultimate Expense Management solution as I can confirm having migrated from a different solution from a different vendor. Concur has brought my organisation impressive Return on Investment and efficiency which affords us the agility and time to improve critical sectors of our enterprise. The support is top notch as the team is readily available and we also have local point persons trained from within the organisation. The deployment and integration was smooth since it is cloud based and doesn't require complex installation procedures and dependencies.

Pros

I like the fact that it integrates well with other systems that we already use like the SunSystems API to allows us to integrate our SunSystems which the Finance department uses. I like its easy and clear workflows which are intuitive even for a novice and non technical stakeholder. I also like the customisation option because in my organisation we got an offering that uses our internal financial lingo and policies making it easy to transition to the system. I also like the report header function which allows you to enter repetitive fields that would be common for every expense so that it automatically populates them for you when you create a new expense. I also love the modern UX and UI which is consistent to most web apps that people are already used to. I like the fact that it is cloud based and only needs a browser to access the full application without having to install a client or agent or dependencies on your machine which improves mobility as you can do your business wherever you can get a browser and internet access. Mobility is huge in my organisation and this is a feature which save us lots of time and money. i like the feature which allows you to dedlegate roles to a colleague allowing someone to manage your requests and/or expenses on your behalf where you might be busy or on leave. I like the audit trail feature which allows efficient tracking of your requests and expense reports. This feature updates you on the status of your request at all times.

Cons

The fact that you have to upload receipt images one by one and you have no option to multi select. However this is minor compared to the value I get from all the other features that it provides me. a few extra clicks wouldn't hurt.

• Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 29/12/2018

High Tech, Dissappointing progress recently

Started out strong, but the company’s work quality and responsiveness have dropped the last few years. The new changes are getting to a point of being comically bad.

Pros

We selected this for the integration to company card, the ease of tracking, creating, and approving expenses. It has done all of those very well. It helped us out greatly as a small company trying to manage company cards for over half the company. The pricing model is small business friendly and helps it retain value for almost any business that has started with it.

Cons

Since SAP has purchased them the user experience has gone down hill and is starting to plummet. The latest update is due to be forced on users first quarter this year. It is terrible, not a single redeeming feature and a huge step backwards for user experience. It is very error prone, makes viewing and accessing information almost impossible, and is single handled the worst change I have been seen implemented on an interface. The backend is a hybrid now of multiple peoples designs and many areas of the software seem “partially updated”. Four years ago you could teach to a new users, even admins, in under an hour or so, today everything takes a lot longer and every area has errors in the interface. The list of 3rd party ERPs it integrates to has not significantly changed in 4 years. There is still no automatic way for it to handle company card reconciliation with a statement and the best support is the sales team. That means to get a problem fixed you have to have someone pitch you on spending more, then if you can get them to understand that the product doesn’t work, you might get a call back within a month from support. If you try submitting your own issue, just don’t expect help. I’d honestly be fine with that, if it wasn’t there bill in china shop meant sloth in making UI changes. There is so much half done work, it really disappoints me on whether or not the service will remain usable in the future.

Lauren
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Not a huge fan - not user friendly

I only use it because I have to for work, otherwise I would not use this program.

Pros

I like that concur is a program that can track your personal and work expenses. You can link up a credit card, and once you charge an item it goes directly to Concur and whos up on a list for you to add to a current or future expense.

I also like how Concur has a phone App to let you upload receipts on the go so you don't have to carry them around everywhere with you.

Cons

This program is not very user-friendly. It seems like it is an older progam that has been around for a while, so it works, but not as fast and easy as a more up to date program. This is the only expense program I have ever worked with, so I cannot say if it is better or worse than others. I have to use it for work, but I really wish my company would source a newer easier to use program.

I have to relink my credit card, and could not figure out how to do it online. It is linking, but it is linking my other 2 personal accounts that are at the same company, which I do not need linked. I cannot figure out how to fix this! This was actually kind of frustrating, because I searched the concur site on how to fix my problem and could not find an answer. I then searched for a phone number of who I could call that could help me, and I couldnt even find a phone number to call! I gave up on fixing this - as my card does link, I just delete the other items that I don't need linked - but it shouldn't be that hard! So for that, I gave customer support not a great rating here.

Sometimes an amount will upload wrong, and I cannot edit the amount. I usually just detach the receipt, delete it and add a new item with the correct amount and attach the receipt, but then the card charge is not linked, and my company needs them to show they are linked.

I wish the matching process was a better, as well as the nightly hotel charges too.

• Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

Concur - with good implementation by corporate it is nearly perfect

Concur makes keeping track of expenses and submitting expense reports routine and even somewhat fun. It also provides a handy record of where you have been before. It's great.

Pros

Concur makes it very easy to do expense reports for a sporadic traveler:

-expenses for the corporate card are transferred automatically (so one does not forget to claim them)
-the latest implementation I use even transfers the details of hotels stays (nightly rate, tax 1,2,3 etc.), making it almost zero work to finish these. Long hotel stays with occasional meals used to be the most time-consuming entries. I don't know if this is a new version or specific to my latest employer, but it is much appreciated!
- receipts can be uploaded through a mobile Concur app, but also just as a jpg or pdf. (sometimes one has time to take the photo with one's phone, but is not in a good place to enter the details in the app - think - just purchased a coffee, now in boaRding line with a suitcase, phone and coffee).

I have not used similar software products from other vendors, except one: Concur is incredibly more efficient for both those writing expense reports and those monitoring expense compliance than the alternative of copying scanning cutting and pasting and spreadsheets - any corporation wanting to increase the productivity of its workforce (and their loyalty) should bite the financial bullet and implement Concur.

Cons

Although the following situations are rare, occasionally an unusual situation maKes things difficult. Usually, asking for help early from Concur and the internal corporate travel contact is the best course. here are a few:
1. A flight charge and a cognate refund adding up to zero can't be submitted as report. Let this get over 30 days old so it can't be combined with newer charges, and you have to have higher authorities fix it.
2. More common is when a hotel charges for the first night reservation, but the charges on the receipt do not match the folio provided, usually because the taxes are not included. Confuses the hell out of Concur, and hard to resolve on one's own.

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

It Will Get The Job Done, But Might Frustrate You Constantly Until It Does

Our entire firm just moved over to Concur Expense, and it has not been without it's issues. I think it will be a worthwhile transition in the long run, however, I need to watch a lot more of the help videos until I get there.

Pros

It is very thorough, and really very detailed. I don't have problems with the reports once I make them, and I feel like the expense process is very thorough. From a company's standpoint, the software makes sense and provides them with a lot of information. It also has a TON of user input checks which are incredibly tedious, but also ensure that everything is inputted properly The app is also really helpful, especially when taking pictures of receipts and uploading them to reports. If I wanted to ensure accuracy and completeness and was choosing a software, I'd definitely go with this one.

Cons

Sigh... all good things have their drawbacks it seems. I'd be lying if I said Concur Expense was user friendly. There are so many error messages possible, and it is not intuitive when trying to solve them all. The error messages are small, and contain limited information as to why they've occurred. Per diem is NOT self explanatory, and my firm had to put out an entire educational PowerPoint on how to input per diem expenses. And then additional help info on basically every other function. Sometimes the system will auto-populate when I don't want it to, and other times it will attempt to categorize expenses into categories that don't make sense. It's not the most intuitive software... and when I finally successful submit an expense report, I'm relieved more than anything.

• Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 03/12/2023

Very strong expense management / invoice / requisition tool

We use for our invoice capture/processing process, expense management and purchase requisition process. This has expanded over time due to the usability of the tool and high level of adoption from end users.

Pros

The tool is multi-faceted meaning that once you have end users using, expanding it's reach/impact is very easy. We started with invoice, then added expense and than adopted purchase requisition most recently.
The mobile app is very helpful in managing the process for invoice approvals and receipt capture particularly, as can be done on the go.

Cons

Some of the quirks hard baked into the system route from it's beginnings as Global Expense, and therefore can be forgiven. I do see some of these ironed out over time.
The SAP purchase (a number of years back now) has seen account management strengthened, however if you are not an enterprise wide SAP ERP customer - you are likely to struggle to receive a high level of account management.

Braden
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 10/04/2020

Average Expense System

Overall, I rate my experience as average. Although it was far more expeditious than the previous expense software that I have used, I still view it as an average expensing program. Please keep in mind, I was only a user not and administrator or implementer so I have no context as to the sophistication on the backend. From a user's standpoint I think it provides the essential services/functions that you need from an expense software.

Pros

Concur offers an application that is pretty straight forward and easy to use. I think the most convenient feature is the receipt databasing piece. I can take a photo of my receipt code and file it right away. The previous software that I used required a user to wait for the final charge to appear on your corporate expense account (credit card) and then it would allow you to code and submit the expense. As a result, you would need to hang on to a receipt (s), sometimes for a few days and then code and submit it. However with Concur's photo receipt function you can take a picture and toss that receipt right away.

Cons

I struggled with the travel booking functionality. Although the concept, to have travel and expenses in one place, is excellent I believe it came with a cost. We had the functional ability to book travel via the app but still used outside sources because we seemed to get better rates and I believe the app did not always show all available options. To be fair, some of that might have been mitigated by our own internal processes in which we inhibited our ability to optimize this feature, more so than the functionality itself not existing.

Kristin

Reviewed on 08/02/2018

Streamlines coorporate Travel Bookings, Approvals and Expense Reports in one application that...

Pros

Great implementation experience. Nice workflow that you can customize and set up for your company needs. Nice interface and UI for users. It is great that there is an app to use when on the go. Love the fact there are integration capabilities that you can build out and customize to extract data to then ingest into other software.

Cons

User support is very hard to deal with in the fact that you have to submit 'cases' via the website and do not always get the correct person that understands your wants and needs....I find this extremely unbearable support after coming out of implementation where you had a dedicated rep that could communicate effectively with you and understands your custom set up of the system. The client service rep after implementation does little to no help with requests. The administration of the system is cumbersome and very complex. The admin has a lot to learn and a lot of different areas of the system to manage. The mobile application doesn't allow for all necessary functionality for users for approvals. System outages have gotten better but occur way too frequently.

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 10/07/2023

SAP Concur is a Robust Online Accounting Software

It automate travel and spend management.

Pros

SAP Concur is a crucial asset that help me save time by eradicating manual accounting tasks.I do not record errors when paying vendors by incorporating 2 and 3 way matching tools which detect discrepancies rapidly.

Cons

Ever since 2019, I have been using SAP Concur, and I hardly encounter issues at all.

Reviewed on 16/03/2023

Excellent budgeting system

I like how simple it is to track and manage all of my company's expenses in one place. This system allows us to track expenses and reimburse employees for out-of-pocket expenses as a large corporation with many employees. Concur offers an important benefit in the form of direct deposit for employee reimbursement. They also have an app, which I have yet to try but have heard nothing but positive things about. The system's user-friendly interface also makes staff training easier.

Pros

It's convenient to have all of the organization's expenses in one place. With a large workforce, the system can track expenses and reimburse those who have already spent money on the company's behalf. Before reimbursement is made, the direct supervisor can authorize and verify the process. The direct deposit feature of Concur is extremely useful.

Cons

I dislike how limited the accounting review process for receipt management is, but aside from that, SAP Concur is a very user-friendly system that is simple to train new employees on.

Selby
  • Industry: Investment Banking
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 06/04/2023

There are better Expense Reporting Platforms Out There

Concur is not good fit for admins that are managing expenses for 8-10 bankers. It can take 3 hours to submit one report. The UI is terrible and it incorrectly matches receipts. The mobile version also has had glitches, making it impossible for bankers to comment on their expenses. 3/10

Pros

Concur is the most widely used expense reporting platform in the financial industry. It is easy to learn and a good skill for admins to have.

Cons

Concur is slow and the new interface makes processing expenses for several people an arduous process. Its user interface is clunky and there's no way to mass edit expenses. It feels like it wasn't built for the people who are using it the most. There's also several fields to submit one expense. Removing an incorrect attached receipt also takes several steps and is not intuitive.

• Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 14/12/2019

i Concur

My overall experience with SAP Concur is fine in general. There are some issues they can definitely improve, especially when itemizing. Other issues I may encounter are partial reimbursements for employees. For example, if an employee books a hotel for a business trip but decides to stay an extra day (but it's a personal trip). It gets combined onto one bill that is paid with a corporate card. Concur doesn't make it easy for me to break down one expense so that one is billed to the company and one is reimbursed to the company by the employee.

Pros

It's pretty intuitive and you can figure out how to use it rather quickly. It looks a little overwhelming when you first look at the dashboard. I manage my own expenses as well as for numerous executives at my company.

Cons

I've encountered numerous problems when using this software, but I am not sure if it is a Concur problem or if it is based on filters my company might have imposed. It is still useful to bring these issues up in case other people may encounter them. Specifically when I enter expenses for other people I do not have the option of selecting "missing receipt affidavit" so I had to instead submit a PDF stating that the employee did not have a receipt. It's an easy fix, but just noting that I do not have the capability to select that option on my platform.

There are other issues like itemizing for hotel stays. Even if I enter the number in correctly the system doubles the amount if it's a two night stay even if you have a meal for only one night. Sometimes I would have to divide the amount of that ONE meal into two, which is then inaccurate. Sometimes I purposely enter in 1 night (even if it's more than one night) and enter the total amount of the bill. It's an annoying workaround.

Jared M.
Jared M.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 04/07/2018

One of the most unnecessarily frustrating systems I've ever used

Horrible system and huge inconvenience, although it seems after many years Concur is finally starting to address user issues to improve their system.

Pros

My university requires us to use Concur to file all of our expenses for job-related travel. At first, it seemed like a nice system. I used to app to take pictures of receipts, which was handy. Also, it seems that they very recently upgraded their system to make it more usable.

Cons

Almost every time I submitted an expense report, it was returned with errors. I am a PhD candidate, and for the life of me I could not seem to get these reports correct. One big problem was that my departments gives us per diem for food expenses, but Concur would always create an error if our total expenses did not add up to the exact amount of approved funding. So I often had to worked with our department secretary to manipulate the expenses so that the system would accept my report. The business office at my university was no help either. In fact, they seemed to be purposely obtuse about Concur. In summary, using Concur was honestly one of the most frustrating experiences of my graduate career, which says a lot. There were multiple occasions where the business office made a mistake in an account number, blamed me for it, and then it ended up taking many months and lots of arguing before I finally got my reimbursement.

Enrique
Enrique

Reviewed on 09/11/2023

Good luck trying to get support

Generally positive experience during the sales process, in implementation, and while an active customer/user. Absolutely awful experience post-disconnect, which would keep me from ever considering SAP Concur as a partner again in the future. Unfortunately can't recommend SAP Concur for expense reporting.

Pros

SAP Concur has long been the industry standard for expense reporting and travel management, and so it was the natural choice when we were looking for a new expense platform several years ago. The sales process was straightforward (no negotiation or haggling needed as their price is their price), and implementation was planned and handled well by the assigned Concur team and our internal resources. Adequate training was provided for both administrators and end-users, so rollout and adoption of the new platform was pretty seamless. User experience was generally positive even if the platform was somewhat dated and not as user-friendly as competing options.

Cons

Unfortunately SAP Concur's customer support, particularly during the disconnect process, was abysmal. When we requested the disconnect, we were offered no guidance or information from our customer success team re: how/when to download archived data, even after multiple requests by phone and in writing. Concur ended up disconnecting our site prior to making the download available, making it impossible for us to get to this critical data. We had to jump through countless hoops to get our site reactivated, download all the data, and then request another disconnect. In total, this debacle lasted almost five months. Could all have been avoided if the customer success team had communicated, responded to inquiries, and simply followed what I have to believe are well-documented Concur procedures for assisting clients through the disconnect process.

Emburse Certify Expense

Reasons for Switching to SAP Concur

Better integration with our corporate credit card programs