Checkr Reviews

About Checkr

Checkr is an AI-powered staffing and background screening solution. This solution enables employers to perform background checks, while reducing complexity, mitigating risks, and increasing productivity within the hiring process....

4.7
4.2

Browse Checkr Reviews

Richard
Richard
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 08/02/2022

Great service with simple API setup

The easy-to-use API and webhooks enable our organization to process hundreds of background checks automatically. We would not be able to run at the scale we are without this ability.

Pros

Being able to configure webhooks directly in the dashboard makes it a snap to connect Checkr to external Applicant Tracking Systems. This makes implementation possible even in low- or no-code organizations.

Cons

Some of the reports and background check results can be difficult to interpret. Thankfully customer service walked us through all of it.

Joe

Essential Tool in HR

Checkr provides an easy to use and essential background check solution that is transparent to employees/applicants. Pricing of the solution is fair and no subscription is needed. For larger organizations a more automated process would be best to use and new contenders have better APIs and automation. Check your use case and need for automation before deciding on a background check solution.

Pros

- Transparent to employees and applicants that are being checked
- Easy to use online interface
- Very affordable yet comprehensive background check
- Quick learning curve for new admins

Cons

- Online interface is dated and could use a UI refresh
- Notifications and automation could be more advanced

GoodHire

- Transparency / industry leading position - Fairly priced
kim
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 19/06/2024

Waste Of Time and Money

It was disappointing in many areas and I would not use them again.

Pros

I can't say I liked anything about my experience with Checkr.

Cons

You can't speak to any customer service representative. All email or chat. Background took a long time, weeks, and they kept pushing the date back. In addition, it only went back 7 years which I was not aware of so it did not help. Someone could have been a serial killer 8 years ago and you would not know it. It was a complete waste of time and money. Would never use this company again.

Top Checkr Alternatives

Mara

Great Product When Working with Planning Center

Really good, very happy with the product.

Pros

I like that Checkr integrates with our church software, Planning Center. Making its use by my staff really easy.

Cons

It can be a little complicated on the back side if you're not sure what you're doing. I don't give many people access to that.

Liz

Reviewed on 07/02/2022

Great choice for Planning Center integration

Pros

We use this as an integration with Planning Center to background check our many volunteers. It is quick and easy to use. I like that it provides an estimate of when the background check will be completed, allows you to cancel the invitation, and provides tags to filter the information for easy budget tracking.

Cons

The thing I wish they would change most is remove lines that contain cancelled invitations. It is a waste of space. I would also like to see the tags as a column on the Candidates page.

Isabel
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Great product!!

It's been great. We get results quickly. I love getting notifications during the process

Pros

Easy to use and integrate to our HRIS. We get results and updates quickly.

Cons

I like everything about it, I haven't had any bad experiences using it.

Jeri
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Review for Checkr

I love it and I want to always be using it whenever I have to run a background check.

Pros

The big thing is that Checkr integrates with Greenhouse. It makes running and keeping track of these checks easy without having to hop into another system for tracking.

Cons

I can't think of anything, everything is super great and support has been helpful.

GoodHire

Reasons for Switching to Checkr

We took suggestions from our staff and they had really great things to say about Checkr. I've also worked at other companies before and Checkr is hands down the easiest and quickest to fill out. HireRite and GoodHire asked for info that I wouldn't have because a past company has either closed or have had several rounds of layoffs.
Christine

Easy to Use

My overall experience has been great from ease of use to the customer service when I have had a question.

Pros

I love that we can use Checkr through our ATS, Greenhouse.

Cons

I have no complaints so far about using this service.

Marielle Francine
Marielle Francine
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 30/08/2022

Even their Customer Success leadership team don’t care

Trying to implement CC-MVR for more than half a year now and still not done. We’ve been through 3 different customer success managers, all seem to be disappearing whenever you’d follow up on something they said they would do. I reached out to senior level leaders multiple times and was promised help, but I have never felt as helpless with any other vendor I’ve worked with in the past as I am with Checkr. I went through the correct channels but nothing gets resolved. RUN AWAY AND GO WITH ANOTHER BACKGROUND CHECK SERVICE PROVIDER.

Pros

Fountain and Lever integration
User friendly consent form

Cons

Their Customer Success team is the worst I have ever encountered in my career.

Shaun

Reviewed on 25/09/2023

Checkr does exactly what we need!

Overall our experience with Checkr has been wonderful!

Pros

Checkr integrates directly with our ChMS platform, Plans Center. Setting up our account was simple and the processing of BG Checks is quick and efficient.

Cons

We have not experienced any cons to using Checkr up to this point!

Leslie
  • Industry: Hospitality

Will continue to use Checkr

Overall experience is good. On the Customer service side, Checkr can learn from Shield Screening-- Shield Screening out performs on the CS side

Pros

Ease of use and interface with HRIS. Generally the turnaround time is quick!

Cons

Wish there was a Customer Service rep that can be reached on the phone is very helpful for to 1 off situations.

Joy Cristy
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 17/03/2022

Advantage and disadvantage of Checkr

Their is no problem at all, if I'm being honest, I wish that the Checkr will go directly on the candidate page like so we do not need to search them manually because sometimes, it can eat all our time and our AHT will be affected and we don't want that. However, using Checkr on check the BGC on our drivers is its very punctual and easy to use and utilize.

Pros

The features that is most impactful, specially to us, is the background check. Using this we are able to see their BGC result and assess what action we will take based on that. Also, we do not need to send the details of the result of their BGC because Checkr have an automated message that comes through the driver's email once their BGC result is ready or if they have an issue regarding to that. Plus, Checkr is so easy and convenient to use, whether you are first timer. We can definitely process easily with the help of this software.

Cons

The cons that I can see on using Checkr is that when we search the drivers manually using their name, email, or even UUID, it sometimes occupy alot of our time. It takes 2-3 minutes before its shows up. Furthermore, since we are assisting drivers and we usually need to see the candidate page and not the report page. It will be more less hassle if we click the driver's BGC from their application that route us to candidate page instead of report page.

Dina
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 04/02/2022

Great Value for your money

Excellent customer service and they provide a lot of additional things, like free webinars, legal updates and the billing process is super easy.

Pros

It is one of the easiest background check products I have ever used. The have a great widescreen service that is extremely inexpensive, then if something is found it then goes into the pricer more drilled down options. Definitely provides the confidence that I am getting everything I need!

Cons

I don't like if you make an error on something like the email or the candidate changes their mind, you don't have the ability to completely delete request. I personally don't like looking at uncompleted requests knowing that backed out of the position. I would prefer to delete it completely!

Heather

Easily Integrated

We run many background checks each month on volunteers looking to work with children and vulnerable populations. I have great confidence in Checkr's ability to get me a quick report and link the information to profiles on our database.

Pros

The best feature was the ability to integrate this into our church's database software, Planning Center Online. We were easily able to set-up accounts, connect the two, and manage who is able to view the background checks from a platform we use regularly.

Cons

The only thing I haven't liked is that the branding/website seems outdated.

Raleigh

Excellent Background Check Service

Overall, a good experience. Competitive pricing and responsive customer service. Would recommend to another company running that needs employment screening background checks.

Pros

Checkr integrates with our ATS and sends background checks to applicants via email and phone. The information requested is quick and easy for an applicant to input, and background checks are fast and accurate.

Cons

Occasionally, some background checks will take an exceptionally long time. While it is not directly in Checkr's control how fast a county court responds to an information request, it would be nice to receive BC status updates or a "we resubmitted the request" email, something to note that this background check request hasn't been lost.

Cassondra

Checkr Fast and Easy

My overall experience with Checkr has been very good. I have never had to contact customer service because I can always check status in the portal, which is rarely needed due to speed of results.

Pros

We use Checkr for our US background checks and love how easy it is to use with ATS integration and speed of results.

Cons

We can't use Checkr for our Canadian employees

HireRight

The integration with Paylocity
Tyrone
  • Industry: Machinery

Checkr Services

The services are worth the fees paid.

Pros

I like the ease of use of Checkr. The services are so simple and easy to use..

Cons

My only con is getting in touch with a live person.

Sterling

Services and Price
Sharon

Quick and Easy

So far it been very user friendly. No problems.

Pros

Our candidates don't require any assistant to submit their background test. I am notified immediately when the report is available and it easy to read.

Cons

I haven't really found any thing negative about the product.

Dave
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 02/02/2022

Checkr Review

Checkr helps us on hiring and rehiring drivers. Background check is important in our line of work.

Pros

The information is easy to understand and accurate.

Cons

There should be an option to cancel a background check that is done on the same day.

Marc Joseph

Reviewed on 11/09/2022

Is it a Check?

8/10

Pros

I love how all background check's that they're providing are all accurate.

Cons

Some of the background check takes more than the estimated timeframe which is really frustrating.

Emily

Reviewed on 28/01/2022

Great value!

Pros

I love that it integrates with our HRIS so that I may order reports from my Paylocity portal once I hire and individual.

Cons

It may get a bit confusing if an initiation went through sometimes but it always gets settled.

Siyabonga
  • Industry: Internet

Daily Use Of Checkr

Pros

What I like about Checkr is the ease of use and the deep level of the background checks we order.

Cons

Vagueness of background check status/legal status.

Roxanne
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 30/01/2022

Review Sourcing

History details of driver's.

Pros

Background checking of all the details and liable sourcing.

Cons

All was good details was complete and very helpful for us.

Julio
  • Industry: Internet

Highly Recommend

Pros

I like the quick results and accuracy of the background checks.

Cons

It can be hard to contact a customer service rep quickly if needed

Aaron
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 01/02/2022

Great product to use in our industry

Background checks, who is a qualified employee

Pros

Quickness of response, clear, user friendly

Cons

From my use, every thing checks out great.