Microsoft To Do Reviews

About Microsoft To Do

Microsoft To Do (formerly known as Wunderlist) is a task management app that allows users to create daily to-do lists and share them with others. The app is compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows 10 devices and can also be...

4.7
4.7

Browse Microsoft To Do Reviews

2,869 of 2,869 reviews
Youssef
Youssef
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 13/02/2021

A simplified project management tool

Used wunderlist for so many years, it made my life easier both in work and personal related tasks. In the last years the mobile application became really unstable and we had to migrate to Microsoft TODO

Pros

Very easy to use, create multiple lists and add tasks inside the list. You can share your lists with other team members and assign tasks to them. You will get reminders when a task is due.

Cons

The software is a great task list software but not a fully developed project management tool, it lacks collaboration tools and you can't create a timeline.

Lucas
Lucas
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 08/06/2023

Succeeds by simplicity--and Microsoft integrations

I use To Do to manage my own to-dos, including those assigned to me in any of the various Planner Plans I am part of.

Pros

Within the To Do pane, I can manage my own lists as well as Planner tasks that have been assigned to me. It's a more flexible interface than Planner, and provides a lighter, more mobile-friendly task experience. Further, To Do's My Day planning approach is simple but brilliant: start every day with a blank slate.

Cons

To Do doesn't do much natural language processing. The web app has been slow and difficult to use for years. To Do doesn't bring many high-bore features, such as Gantt charting, but it doesn't need to.

Freedcamp and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

I love Teamwork! But it cost more than the (free) To Do, and it didn't integrate with Planner, a tool that we were beginning to adopt in the org.

Teamwork.com

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

Wrike and Freedcamp were, in their own ways, more complicated and less integrated than To Do.
Arslan

Reviewed on 25/02/2024

It is my personal assistant

It is a really great experience to use microsoft to do

Pros

It has helped me a lot in managing my tasks, scheduling, remiding me, prioritizing my tasks. It is the best software in market

Cons

I do not think it has any feature to dislike

Top Microsoft To Do Alternatives

Wiktor

Reviewed on 06/06/2023

Microsoft To Do for Education Buissness

Overall experience was that my trobules with Microsoft To Do forced me to change this software for something else. Mostly it was dictated by the problems with using few different accounts.

Pros

It is quick to use on mobile phones and you can integrate it with many apps. I used it mostly as mobile app on the smartphone and as a extension in MailBird on my laptop. The synchronization between those two devices worked fine. The most desired feature would be faster editing of the tasks, without opening another tab.

Cons

I encounter a lot of problems when i was using it on few Microsoft accounts. The "remember me" feature was not working i had to manually enter my password to Microsoft Account every time i was switching accounts, which was time-consuming and counter-productive. There was significant amount of times when Microsoft To Do was not responding, had troubles to start and was restoring default settings instead of using mine.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

I hoped for better integration with another software i was using, mostly e-mail clients. I was looking for simple way to convert the content of my email into managable tasks, so the ability to built-in the task manager into the mail client was appealing. (Microsoft To Do was available as a extension in MailBird, which i was using as an e-mail client)

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

Mostly because it was integrated with another software that I was using, but also it was slighlt faster, easier to use on mobiles and was already connected to my Microsoft Account. I was concerned that alternative products will force me to swich accounts and i will have problems remembering which login is used in those different products.
Kate

Reviewed on 10/12/2023

Easy to use basic task management app

Overall very happy with this task manager, when used in conjunction with other programs for more detailed project management

Pros

Easy to add and schedule tasks from both computer and phone
'My Day' task view makes it easy to focus on today's tasks and it is easy to add tasks to 'My Day'.
Ability to group tasks using lists
Different options for viewing tasks (e.g. important, planned, completed)
Integration with other Microsoft programs including email and calendar

Cons

Limited functionality outside basic task scheduling
Some limitations with scheduling recurring tasks

Mikolaj
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 19/02/2024

Microsoft to do review

Pros

Easy to use and to set out and mark tasks from received emails with given timescales which can be adjusted.

Cons

Automatic presets for timescales are given and require amending to suit personal preference.

Kirsty

Reviewed on 18/02/2024

Keeps me organised!

Pros

I love microsoft to do as i have all my tasks in one place and cam easily tick off what ive done and set reminders for repated tasks

Cons

I love everything about microsoft to do

Hayley

Reviewed on 23/02/2024

To do list is done

Positive experience, organised list of tasks that need to be completed and notes can be added to explain tasks in greater depth. Daily pop ups to check tasks if you want it.

Pros

I can keep track of jobs that aren’t required to be done routinely.

Cons

User error when tasks don’t repeat correctly.

JORGE

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

My life with Microsoft To Do

I am fascinated whit this application, it reminds me all the things I used to forget and my productivity is better

Pros

I love that I can list all the task I have to do in my day, week or month, I can now remember to send that report or just buy the milk at the grocery store

Cons

I don't know, I love it, you can set an alarm to follow a task, you can personalize it, you can do everything for keeping your life going!

• Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

MS to do - make more time for you

Very happy with the app and it helps me a lot with scheduling my work

Pros

It is easy to use and very userfriendly.

Cons

Sometimes I have had some troubles with too many notifications, but I know it can be changed manually.

Erick

Reviewed on 30/09/2020

Great but unfortunately available through Microsoft Store

Microsoft To Do is a formidable software in the tasks management category and works fine both in Windows or mobile. Unluckily I had to come back to pen and paper, since I couldn't get used to any other competitor, because of a Microsoft Store flaw, which is a shame.

Pros

With Microsoft To Do you can works through lists and task. These tasks can be divided in sub tasks and you can define conclusion date, repetition and even attach files. For me, the best is the My Day feature, a special list where you can pull tasks to this very day backlog, which helps you to focus in what you should deliver today. You can set some tasks as important, filter tasks by the conclusion date and add other people to lists as well.

Cons

For me, the greatest con is being available through Microsoft Store, which Microsoft doesn't put much effort to work. Since I signed to Xbox Game Pass and tried to install a included game, nothing more can be download in Microsoft Store, making impossible to install To Do and any other app available there.

Trello and Notion

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

Because Microsoft To Do don't have limitation like the free version of Todoist and was enough to me.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

Simple and objective in the purpose of task management.
Alhassan
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 08/07/2021

the perfect bridge to connect your professional and personal lives

Microsoft To-Do allows me to never lose track or forget about the little details of my day like visits to the mechanic, doctor's appointments and family occasions. Beyond task sharing which can be a little difficult sometimes, all the ToDo features function exceptionally well and have really allowed me to better coordinate my personal and professional lives.

Pros

Microsoft To-Do is designed to make usage as uncomplicated and effective as possible. The app is neatly organized into sections that make navigation, entry additions, editing or deletion as simple as possible. It has helped me to better merge my professional engagements with my personal obligations in a way that causes as few clashes as possible.

Cons

Not being able to move items from one list to another is a real headscratcher for me. And also, there should be a settings option one could check to automate moving uncompleted tasks to subsequent days.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

I already had sophisticated work management software at work, what I needed was a simple alternative to focus on my personal obligations and ToDo came out the better fit for that purpose.

Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

It still came down to simplicity of use.
Gina
  • Industry: Executive Office

Reviewed on 19/03/2022

To Do or not to do- Microsoft to do

Overall Microsoft to do is one of the top of the line programs and software for companies not only like mine but I'm sure that other companies can use this as well for the cost of the software for a company it's worth every penny and its way of gold because of the way it brings not only every member of your team together but it also makes them a well-oiled machine in delivering the product to a customer in a given time and a given manner and it keeps everybody on board everybody working as a team I couldn't ask for a better program for my company and hopefully you can't for yours

Pros

The features that we as a company alike about Microsoft to do are one that we love the fact that we can schedule a task that we can have subtask situations as well as a timeline of when that task should be finished we also love that it's mobile and that there are file sharing and ways that other employees or other members of the team can see that task and how it's progressing as well as has the tab the test that they're working on scene as progressively being done

Cons

At this point I don't see anything about the Microsoft to do software that we're not happy with we are extremely happy with it we use it on a daily basis and we have no complaints

Swati

Reviewed on 04/09/2022

Smart Scheduling!!

I am one of the satisfied customers of Microsoft To Do . As a freelancer and a part time employee there are bunch of different projects that I handle so remembering all those tasks and scheduling meetings was really difficult for me but with To Do it became a piece of cake for me. Moreover I save a good amount time as using this software is really easy and conveninet. Other than the Cost that I have to bear to use this platform, I am very much satisfied with this software.

Pros

Microsoft To Do is one of the best scheduling software available in the market right now. It comes with many required features and function that provides you a very good scheduling experience. Being a freelancer I have lots of work and project to maintain so, I really need to have a proper list of tasks where I can set remainders for my meetings as well as my project submission dates.I also need have to keep the record of the progress I have been making on my work. I have been using this platform for above 6 months now and ever since then I have never missed any important task present in my to do list .You will receive regular alerts and notifications of the list that you will create on to do and even the list creation is very easy just a few clicks will do the work for you.

Cons

My experience with Microsoft to do has been really good but there are some loopholes in this software as well and one such is it's application on mobile. With the kind of features this platform provides it is very difficult to carry those tasks on mobile phones and if you want it to run smoothly even on your Android phones then you need to have an expensive one with you. The cost of using this software is higher than other similar softwares available. You also require to have a continuous and stable internet connection while making updates and using tools such as Microsoft meet with it.

pawan

Reviewed on 23/01/2023

"Microsoft To Do: A User-Friendly and feature-rich Task Management Tool"

Microsoft To Do is a comprehensive task management software that offers a wide range of features for users to create and manage to-do lists, set due dates and reminders, and track progress on tasks. The app also integrates with Outlook and other Microsoft apps, and allows users to share lists with others and assign tasks to team members, making it a great tool for project management and team collaboration. The task progress tracking and reminders and notifications options are also very helpful to stay on top of tasks and deadlines.Additionally, the software has a user-friendly and easy-to-use interface that can be easily navigated. The app's ability to manage task, set reminders, track progress, and collaborate with others makes it an essential tool for personal and professional use. The smart suggestions feature also can help users to focus on the most important tasks.

Pros

Some of the features that I like most about the software include:Task organisation: Microsoft To Do allows users to create and manage multiple lists, set due dates and reminders, and add notes and attachments to tasks, making it easy to stay organised and on top of tasks.Intelligent suggestions: The app uses machine learning to suggest tasks based on the user's habits and priorities, which can save time and increase productivity.Integration with Outlook: Users can sync their tasks with their Outlook calendar and email, and view their to-do list alongside their schedule, making it easy to manage tasks and schedule.Sharing and collaboration: Users can share lists with others and assign tasks to team members, making it a great tool for project management and team collaboration.Task Progress tracking: The app allows users to mark a task as complete or incomplete, and to track progress for sub-tasks or steps, which can help users stay on top of their progress and prioritize their remaining tasks.Reminders and notifications: Users can set reminders for tasks, which can be set to go off at a specific time or location, and can receive email and push notifications for upcoming tasks and reminders, which can help them to stay on top of tasks and deadlines.

Cons

Limited third-party apps integration: Microsoft To Do does not have many third-party apps integration options. Some users may find it difficult to integrate the app with other software they use.

Any.do, Asana, Evernote Teams and Things

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

There are some following reasons thats why i prefer Microsoft To Do over alternative products.Integration with Microsoft products: As Microsoft To Do is part of the Microsoft 365 suite of productivity tools, it may be a natural choice for users who are already using other Microsoft products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.Familiarity with the interface and features: People who are already familiar with other Microsoft products may find it easier to use Microsoft To Do as it follows similar design and layout.Sharing and collaboration: Microsoft To Do allows users to share lists with others and assign tasks to team members, making it a great tool for project management and team collaboration, which can be beneficial for businesses or organisations.Cross-device sync: Tasks and lists can be synced across devices, so users can access their to-do list on any device, which can be very convenient.Integration with other Microsoft apps: Microsoft To Do also integrates with other Microsoft apps like Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint etc. which can be beneficial for users who use these apps regularly.My day feature: The My day feature allows users to focus on the most important task of the day.
Oluwadamilola

Reviewed on 28/01/2023

An Excellent and Comprehensive To Do List Tool: Microsoft To Do

Overall, I'm very pleased with Microsoft To Do. It's a great way to keep track of all of my tasks and to-dos, and I find the interface and features to be very helpful and convenient.

Pros

Microsoft To Do is an incredibly helpful and efficient tool for organizing tasks. The interface is intuitive and user-friendly, and the various features allow for an incredibly comprehensive to do list. I'm especially impressed with the ability to set reminders and add notes and attachments to individual tasks.

Cons

Microsoft To Do can be a bit slow at times and can be glitchy. Additionally, the free version is quite limited and some of the more advanced features are only available with the premium version.

Grace
  • Industry: Public Policy

Reviewed on 22/01/2022

A must have for personal productivity

Microsoft To Do has been a very useful program for me since I began using it to track my personal tasks and activities. Managing my domestic tasks and activities no longer has to be done with colored sticky notes plastered all over my house, To Do gives me similar simplicity with exponentially more functionality. What's not to like?

Pros

The user interface was designed for maximum utility for all kinds of product users. Adding tasks and subtasks and tracking them is as easy as can be imagined, with zero complexity and complication. Managing reminders and notifications, sharing updates on tasks, and several more tools and features make it a very refreshing change to the usually complicated task tracking tools I use for my official tasks and activities.

Cons

For the purposes for which I got MS To Do, it has served me perfectly and I have no single issue to complain about.

Gaurav
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

The best To-do out there

Pros

Everything about the app is top notch - from the UI to functionalities. After acquiring Wunderlist; Microsoft launched their own To Do app back in 2017. I'm using their app since then for keeping my life organised. I track all my To-do lists from it. The 'My Day' list in the app is a lifesaver to keep yourself organised. From adding sub-tasks to reminders to adding notes and attachments to the task, this app does it all. The integration with Microsoft Outlook is another highlight feature where you could pin and flag your email and it will be converted into a task automatically inside the app. Overall, Microsoft To Do does it all and is better than most of the paid alternatives out there right now.

Cons

The missing feature of Calendar is a must. Its been in the roadmap for quite some time but it there's still no update about it still.

Naina

Reviewed on 27/10/2022

User friendly task planning app which keeps you on track

To Do is a great option if you need a basic task management tool that you can use for free. However, there won't be as many business functions available as there would be in a full-featured task management programme.  I need a detailed list of tasks so that I can set deadlines for my online classes and related projects. I have been using this platform for more than a year now, and during that time I have never forgotten to complete any significant task from my to-do list. I regularly receive alerts and notifications about the tasks. It is really user friendly and simplified.

Pros

Helps me list my pending and upcoming tasks and keeps me focused. I wanted a simple yet straightforward software. To Do has exceeded expectations, and now I find it difficult to function without it.

Cons

The app's restricted third-party integration as a negative. Microsoft hasn't provided much to connect the To Do app with its other apps. The best action you can take right now is to mark an email as a task in Microsoft Outlook(opens in new tab).

Caroline

Reviewed on 26/06/2023

Microsoft To Do Gives me the right kind of Direction in organizing my work and personal Life

Microsoft To Do is one of the top 3 apps that I value and consider helpful on my phone.

Pros

Ever since I discovered Microsoft To Do, I have been hooked. I schedule my tasks on the application and that's how I make sure specific tasks are done. Every task I schedule a task on the app, I always follow up with the task and make sure it is done. I also love the powerful reminder functionality of Microsoft To Do. Once you configure a reminder on a specific task, it will always come at the stipulated time as long as you have an internet connection on your phone or laptop.I also love that I can access Microsoft To Do both on my phone and my laptop. Functionalities like the ability to organize tasks in categories and even mark a task as recurring make the application very powerful.Microsoft To Do has a feature called 'My Day' which helps you focus on tasks that need to be done on that day. The desktop version of Microsoft To Do has a smart autocomplete feature that enables you to autocomplete task descriptions and automatically set reminder times based on the information written on the task description on the task. I really love this feature as makes it more fun to use Microsoft To Do.Overall, Microsoft To Do is simple to use and doesn't really have a learning curve.

Cons

Some of the smart autocomplete features like the smart auto reminder functionality only work on the desktop version of the app. But this is not a big issue anyways

Alex

Reviewed on 19/09/2023

Microsoft Personal Productivity To Do List Tasks Application

Overall, I like it when I use Microsoft To Do to manage my day. It is a great productivity tool that helps me stay organized.

Pros

- I use Microsoft To Do to digitally manage my day as far as my tasks is concerned. It's easy and simple to use and being a Microsoft product, it easily integrates and with other Microsoft products that I already use. The application is free, I have not had to pay a cent to use the application.- With Microsoft To Do, you can creates different task lists for different things. For example, you can have tasks both for work and for your own personal life all in one account. - Automation: In terms of automation, I love that I can add due dates to tasks automatically. For example, if you type 'Call mom tommorow', a due date will be automatically added for the task for tommorow.- One of my favorite features about Microsoft To Do is the fact that it behaves the same way Microsoft Outlook behaves in terms of notifying you when a task is due. The notification pop up is so clear and hard to miss when you are using your laptop/desktop. It comes the same way an email comes through using Microsoft Outlook.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Microsoft To Do. I can only recommend that they continue to work on and advance the application to make it better and attractive. For example, they could incorporate a timer so someone is able to track the time they are taking to complete a certain task instead of having to rely on a separate application for that.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Wunderlist - Super Simple Straightforward Task Keeper

I actually use Wunderlist actively. If I update tasks on my laptop, there's seamless syncing to my smartphone. I'm on an Android and the app is well designed, very easy to read my tasks, add, update. On my Macbook, I switched from using Wunderlist in my browser (Firefox or Chrome) and am using the desktop app. The desktop app takes very little memory compared to keeping an open tab in either browser. The design of the web app and desktop app are equally pleasing.

This is a super clean straightforward app that's quick and easy to use. All I want to know is what I've got coming up next and be able to update it easily. I also like being able to create tasks out of emails, all you need to do is add the email addresses you're sending from and update your account to activate this feature.

Having my to do list handy when I'm mobile is really convenient. I also use tags, which makes it super easy to cut to the chase and pull up similar tasks for different projects.

Pros

Sometimes super simple is all you need. What I love about Wunderlist is that it really is a plain and simple tool to keep track of tasks. I've used Todoist, and that's a cool tool too. But ALL I want is something to keep me straight on tasks I have, and have it super easy for me to add and update them. Wunderlist delivers on it's simplicity from actually using it to the look and feel.

Cons

Sometimes I'd like to print out on paper my completed tasks depending on what I'm working on. You can't do this. You can print out your open tasks.

I can view a list of the next 7 days of tasks but I can't view what I have open after that. In ToDoist you can view tasks past 1 week in the Inbox. I'm using a tag that I can search and pull up tasks that are over a week old.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 08/03/2019

Stellar Interface

I'm never behind on completing tasks because everything I have to do is put into a task or list on Wunderlist. I am assigning tasks to team members and am able to keep track of things easily because due dates tell me when something needs to be done. Working through larger projects are easy.

Pros

I love the the week view. As I create tasks (some of them months in advance as I become aware of them), it gets too cumbersome to simply search multiple lists for what tasks need to be done. I live on the weekly list that simply puts everything in order, each day, of what's due that you've given a due date for. Of course, if you don't give it a due date, it won't show up in this view. Every single morning, I open up Wunderlist and start tackling my tasks. I also use it to time block my following week before leaving the office on Friday which helps me stay on task when I come back to projects following a weekend out of the office.

Secondly, the fact that you can assign tasks to other people (as long as they have an account setup as well). As the Director of Ministry at our church, I can assign team leaders and volunteers tasks to complete, along with due dates they need to be accomplished by, and then followup with them when I see the due date approaching.

Cons

I wish you could duplicate lists. There are times we have similar items to do for event promotion that would be nice to simply copy one list, change the name/due date/and people included. Instead you're stuck having to create a new list/task from scratch.

Ben
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 30/01/2023

Amazing, with an approach to the Today list that beats others.

Free, integrated with MS Outlook (if you want), cross platform and a really thoughtful approach to Getting Things Done! This app really helps you make a conscious decision about what you will accomplish on a given day. I've been using since Wunderlist was bought by MS and then shut down in favour of this app. Slow progress at first, but it's turned into an even more powerful To Do app.

Pros

The killer feature of To Do is the Today list. Unlike most peers, To Do wipes your Today list at the start of each day, then asks you which of the tasks you didn't complete yesterday you want to put back on. This really forces you to think properly about what you'll get done, rather than have tasks just sit in your 'today' view for weeks because they're important, but you never actually get them done!Native apps across Windows, Web, iOS, iPAD and MacOS is also amazing.

Cons

The file attachment is a little clunky. It would be better if it showed thumbnails or, on MacOS, allowed quicklook.

Things

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

Wunderlist shut down and the team came to Microsoft to build To Do.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

Cross platform! And free.
Chuck
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 03/08/2019

Most Efficient todo list app I’ve ever used.

We have a lot of volunteers and only a few paid staff. So to have a program that makes it easier to communicate lists to people with out asking them to pay a lot of money is highly beneficial. Wunderlist is my go to note taking app. Most meeting notes are usually lists anyway, and I find it very simple to capture my thoughts on this app

Pros

What I love most about this product is the simplicity and speed of list making. I also use this as a field note book to organize and capture thoughts and ideas quickly. A lot of note taking apps and todo list apps have more features but they are also a lot more complicated to use. Wunderlist is simple and has a very clean lay out. You can also make sub tasks and notes for each todo. But the best part is that it is not at all complicated. The lists can be shared, Either with people on wunderlist , or you can generate a pdf and email / text the list. I use this feature often with agendas and group check lists for meetings and jobs.

Cons

It would be amazing if there was a separate landscape view for iPad and Desk top that layed out the entire lists in rows where you could see them at once. I use separate lists for days of the week. If there was a way of seeing each in a row format at once, it would be easier to migrate tasks to other list as needed.