Microsoft Teams Reviews

About Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams is a cloud-based group chat solution that helps teams collaborate on documents. Its key features include messaging, conferencing and file sharing. Microsoft Teams has replaced Skype for Business as Microsoft's...

4.2

Browse Microsoft Teams Reviews

9,460 of 9,461 reviews
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 06/02/2021

Great for schools!

As I mentioned earlier, for all our online communications and also for presentation and class team discussions, we mainly used email.
With the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic, management decided to leverage Microsoft teams with integrated voice and video calling features along with content sharing and presentations that enable seamless online classes, upskilling, online training, and webinars in the education sector across different geographical locations around the globe. I am also an Edtech Specialist and head of the Community Engagement and Extension Services in our department.

Pros

I am using Microsoft Teams for more than a year now every day with my students, colleagues, and others. There's a little learning curve with colleagues in using the application. I could share, manage and build team spaces. This is pretty useful in creating different school/business activities and seamlessly integrates other MS products. With integrated Voice and Video Messaging Services, Calendar scheduling, we can communicate according to the availability of users at any time. Also, I can configure my availability with various options or even modify it to determine that I am offline/not at the desk right now for other users to know. The best part is that I can use 3rd party integration application right inside MS Teams.

Cons

Sometimes Microsoft Teams get hanged because of network or Heap Memory problems, but this could happen with any communication software as we use multiple installed software on our machines to meet the distance education requirements. There is a minor delay between receiving a text on your laptop and your mobile device. Many times, it happens that I have to go out or take a break for some time, and I receive a message but with a delay on my configured mobile device.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

In the beginning, we may have opted for ZOOM, but then we all know that ZOOM is not that safe, not effective, and not to mention expensive. Everything looks nice with the usage of Microsoft Teams now. Our admin is so happy with our decision.
laxmi
laxmi
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

Good for kids online classes during pandemic period

We got to use it on daily basis as nothing best yet than this app for children online studies

Pros

We uses it daily for chat in between online class.
For online exams
For discussion in class.
my kid specially enjoys it as its the time to meet and see her school friends face to face in corona lockdown

Cons

Many things i dsnt like about this app

1)- class or exam link is broken sometimes , and we get hangs and moves to whatsapp Student group for asking help for additional link to same class/ exam

2) average people have weak internet and this app runs good only on good to strong internet ,which causes video freeze , link dsnt open , ejection of student while running class and poor audio /video quality

3) if we get ejected from class before the class going to end we dsnt see the class link anymore in calender option.. teacher get annoying at us and we explains her the
very helpless situation of app .

4)- we have to re request class link if we get ejected before the class ends, as calender option stop showing meetings links if time almost finished to re join.which is unfair

Alexis

Reviewed on 03/05/2024

Microsoft Teams in a School Setting

Pros

I like how versatile Teams is. At my school, we use it for SPED/504 documentation. Each student has their own channel with their files attached. It is very easy to communicate and look up the needed information. It is also an easy and efficient way to communicate with other staff members. Many times, I will get a message from a counselor or secretary asking me to send a student to another location. They are easily able to get in touch with me through Teams. Also, I have the app on my phone and I am able to stay in touch when I am not at my desk. Our department has several channels that we use to communicate about different things. We also have a way to reserve Chromebook carts through Teams. Additionally, it is a great place to hold virtual meetings. It is easy to create and begin online meetings. I use Teams everyday, all day long. It has been a great experience and it's a centralized spot where many important functions occur. Without this technology, it would be difficult to make sure a school of my size ran so smoothly.

Cons

One issue that I have encountered with teams is locating group chats. These chats are not listed under Teams, but rather under "chat" or "activity." I have many, many notifications coming each day and this pushes the group chats far down in the line. I have to take awhile to go back and find it when I need to send something. It would be nice if there was a place to locate these chats.

Top Microsoft Teams Alternatives

• Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 12/04/2024

Microsoft teams review

Not great to be honest, I never look forward to using it

Pros

I like that they have one central dashboard

Cons

I really dislike the user interface and general user experience, lots of buttons aren’t intuitive and the overall experience feels old/ slow compared to G-suite and other alternatives

Martin
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 08/02/2024

A must have!!

I use most functions in teams but i find it extremely helpful when im on a day off and a mechanic needs help or advice on something.

Pros

The fact it can be used for business and personal is perfect. I can use the meeting function to chat to team world wide.

Cons

I cant knock anything really. Im not going to make something up just for the sake of it.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

I have used it in the past and knew how good it was and didn't know how workspace would work so i went with familiarity.
Alvaro

Reviewed on 10/05/2024

Good platform for working together with work or study groups

Pros

I use it every day for my dealy meetings, it provides good immediate communication, video sharing. It also offers the possibility of storing shared files with users who share team. Message and call notifications are immediate.

Cons

We have encountered several problems with adding new users to a team, syncing to these groups can take a long time and be a significant problem. The application on the phone does not update the chats in real time.

Vincent

Reviewed on 11/04/2024

Your daily communication tool

great - basically you feel like getting paid for chatting sometimes ;) jokes aside the tool provides lot of power.

Pros

For most of our colleagues this replaces endless e-mail communication. Easy to set up group chats. Having channels with Teams-groups is great and relatively easy to admin from support point of view. (don't let end-users generate teams channels to prevent clutter of channels though ;) )

Cons

When you integrate lots of 3rd party apps - your RAM consumption will increase (we work with at least 16GM ram laptops)

Andres

Reviewed on 18/04/2024

Affordable team comms with a learning curve

It's a very mixed overall experience. I've been using it for several years so I'm used to the way it does things, but I can see how people get frustrated at it.

Pros

As it comes included with 365, this is a tool that most teams will end up having anyway. It's decent, feature-wise, and the recent redesign has gone a long way in improving usability.

Cons

It has somewhat of a learning curve, in that it is opinionated in how it wants to be used.
Once you figure out the gimmicks, you'll do fine, but until then expect a level of frustration.

TOMIA

Reviewed on 26/04/2024

TEAMS MAKE IT EASY

Pros

Like the fact that it is so versatile you can chat, you can conduct full meetings with multiple people I like the fact that you can break out into different rooms it's just perfect for remote and in office work

Cons

I don't have any complaints about it because it pretty much covers the full spectrum of everything you need at work

Anthony
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 14/04/2024

Review of MS Teams

Pros

I like the app on my phone and how you can easily share your screen and I love the background pics.

Cons

The ability to record and emojis. Other platforms have more.

Reviewed on 02/11/2019

Collaborative development - Microsoft teams to the rescue

It is a great software for communication. Saving a lot of effort and time. Building applications collaboratively.

Pros

It is very easy to use, convenient and user friendly. It is a very light weighted software and does not take much of your space. It is great for internal communication in a company. It supports features like polling which is very useful. It has various apps and connectors to integrate with other software. It supports sharing of all types of files. It is great for scheduling and holding meetings. It supports the functionality where different channels could be created for different departments and teams under a company and promote collaborative development. Also supports excel and other ms documents.

Cons

Sometimes while sharing files, the software freezes and have to try sharing the file multiple times. It saves the files by default to a teams folder in the system and does not ask for a path to store the file. The UI when attending demo calls should also be enhanced, it just shows the number of people in the call.

Brittany

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

Microsoft Teams - great replacement for Skype

Chat is much better than others we have used, TEAMS aspect is very neat but needs to be a bit easier to know you need to reply. Sometimes the team doesn't know they are being written to. The calendar and meetings is seamless and smooth.

Pros

The funtionality is easy and easy for outsiders who aren't used to it to join meetings. I like the concept of the TEAMS approach where you can function all within the software and have files to collaborate and all.

Cons

It is a bit complicated to add the features via microsoft that you want to add like calling plan, audio conferencing...very confusing to add those features to the full program and suite of products your company rolls out. I could see how many people mess it up.

Vonage Business Communications

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Decided to just stay within the full product of microsoft instead of have multiple things going on.

Amazon Chime

Staying within one suite we already had o365
Sean

Reviewed on 01/03/2020

Best Collaboration Tool for Your Team

Overall, I think this far surpasses Microsoft's previous tool, Skype for Business, and has brought a new level of collaboration to Microsoft. I appreciate the attention to detail that Microsoft has put into this product and feel it would be a wonderful product for teams of all sizes.

Pros

As a tax manager in public accounting, my team is virtual, mobile and ever changing. With MS Teams I am able to create virtual team channel where we can collaborate, keep files and track assignments. My very favorite feature of this software is the ability to put documents into my team channel and then work on them at the same time as my team members. For example, I can upload an excel workbook with a clients tax return workpapers and then each person on my team can be in the file working on this at the same time. This is a HUGE game changer.

Cons

All things considered, I don't have a lot of criticism about this software except for one feature. In teams, the notification options are a bit limited. For example, when I receive a message from a coworker I have two options: 1) I can get a banner notification in the bottom right of my screen that will show the name of the sender and a few lines of the message or 2) no notification at all. What I think is missing here is the ability to have a banner pop up in the bottom corner that just shows that you have a new message. My reason for this is because I am often sharing my screen or have people who can see my screen - I want to be sure that confidential information is not displayed or that a more private message is not sitting in the corner of my screen for anyone to see.

Vadiraja
Vadiraja

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

All round solution for remote connections

Just to explain in one word, this is perfect.

Pros

> The speed of the connection is really super fast compared to any of the other software.
> The main thing which I have seen this doing best is screen share and video calls. Normally the software take some time to connect to the channel or meeting, but the teams exceeds them all. The lag-less connection anywhere around the world is really mind-blowing.
> The ease of use (one of the primary needs during this lock-down) is really fantastic.
> The flexibility in chat, meeting and groups is really good.
> The file sharing and the encryption which I personally use the most is better in front of its peers.

Cons

The main thing is audio connection. As compared to other software, this should explore the options which I personally found lacking in the teams. As soon as we connect to any meeting, there should be an option to connect outside audio connection like mobile phone to join. That would be a better solution as I found perfect.
Other than that, this is perfect.

Telegram and Zoom Workplace

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Mainly because of the versatility and connection speed, I have chosen the teams now.

Webex

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

As already mentioned, the price, easiness and speed are appreciative.

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

Teams is the "Go-to" digital connection for schools

Teams is an amazing tool for today's educational platform. We use it everyday to communicate and teach not only students learning from home but the students and faculty on campus.

Pros

Teams is the best option for all in one school communications. Now that so much of education is online and/or from home, TEAMS gives us the ability to connect to every student and every teacher whether they are on campus or in Digital Academy.

Cons

The learning curve for TEAMS is a little steep as it is so robust.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

TEAMS offers so many more features and is well synced with all Microsoft products.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

It is an all in one communication program that works along side all of our Microsoft products.
Joshua
Joshua
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 08/03/2021

Awesome communication app for the workplace!

Overall, I love using Teams every day for quick communication with my colleagues. The Shift management feature is also a huge bonus, as the fewer apps I can use to accomplish tasks, the better! Teams is a huge step of the the Skype chat days, and I'd definitely recommend any large company implement Teams if they're looking to increase their productivity and efficiency.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is a top-notch communication software. The chat feature is what I use most on a daily basis, and it works flawlessly! Being able to have a quick conversation without getting on a call or going through the hassle of yet another email chain is a game-changer. I also love the "Shifts" app inside of Teams, which helps me with scheduling the part-time employees I manage who work events that occur on a sporadic basis.

Cons

The Teams interface can be a bit confusing at times. It's set up nicely, and improvements have definitely been made over the past year, but it just feels like it could flow a little better. Outside of this, there are no other notable issues.

Terrena
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

Great application! Wish it had a few bugs worked out.

I enjoy using this product but will enjoy it more when the bugs are worked out.

Pros

I love that I can create different chats with different people. I can create different groups as well. I can upload emails into a teams channel for discussion with whomever I add to the channel. I like that everything is right in front of me to read and go back to when I need it. The feature my boss loves the most is video chatting.

Cons

When I have to search for something or go back a little way, my app completely shuts down every time. I don't even use the function anymore, So I have to scroll the whole time. I wish it had reminders on each of the messages like Slack does.

Slack

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

We had to pay for Slack to have the ability to do video calls.

Slack

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

IT was cheaper and did more of what we wanted it to.
Gayan

Reviewed on 05/07/2021

Perfect tool for team collaboration

Teams app helps us work remotely and avoid most obstacles that we were experienced when we manage the remote team members. Teams can be installed on all most all the platforms iOS, Windows, macOS, etc.

Pros

This is a nice tool for any team that has members who work in different parts of the world. Team chats, audio/video meetings, file sharing, voice mail features actually help to collaborate with the team members.

Cons

On Windows machines, it is very slow sometimes when you share your screen. Also when you compare the macOS version and Windows version macOS version is pretty fast. I have never experienced any slowness on macOS.

Google Chat

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Skype has fewer features compared to Teams.

Anywhere365

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Compatible with existing tools and platforms which are mostly Microsoft-related.
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 12/04/2022

Best application for video calling and remote controlling.

Overall Microsoft teams is best application in my perspective. I loved approximately each and every feature.

Pros

The best thing about Microsoft teams as a video conferencing is the audio and video quality. This application do not consume large amount of memory and space which makes it friendly for the developers like myself.

Microsoft teams is easily understandable and easy to use software. Teams provide lots of feature which comes handy to the user such as video calling, chats, screen sharing, polls, note making etc.
The most facinating thing that I liked in teams is taking remote access to other collegues.

Cons

Microsoft teams sometimes do not update or wrongly update the status. For example, when I am in a call, sometimes it shown to other users that I am away or awailable. The file structures is very confusing and at some point there is unnecessary storage consuption.
The swtiching of the call from mobile to PC sometimes is harder.
It may happen that the message is not getting sent even if the network is strong and there is no option to try again.

Sal

Reviewed on 24/10/2022

An all-in-one solution integrated with Microsoft's suite of programs.

Teams works well with our single sign-on system and allows us to communicate in real time as well as organize and collaborate on various committees and groups.Some have used the program more extensively with students with great success.The program works well, and I enjoy using it.

Pros

Microsoft is something of an all-in-one solution, allowing for individual chats, group chats, video calls and meetings, screen-sharing, as well as file-sharing, either individually or on a group basis. The program is very easy to use and functions well. It was easily integrated within our organization and allows, primarily, for communication within an organization but also reach other Teams accounts allowing for collaboration on a multitude of levels.The team that I work with has used Teams to collaborate and organize files to support recruitment processes.The search feature works well allowing me to find previous conversations as well as files.

Cons

While Teams is an all-in-one solution, I do find that it can take a moment to load depending upon how large a file or spreadsheet is. While this is expected given the wide range of integration, I do hope it is something that can be improved to allow for faster file access.

Federico
Federico
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 25/04/2023

Great solution to Work from Home and increase productivity

This solution allowed the company to decentralized locations, and helped us coordinate and increase focus in current projects. Really becoming part of our daily operations.

Pros

This solution has become a great help to work with internal and external teams. Since is part of the Microsoft Environment the integration with Word and Excel files is excellent. Having the documents and the team focused does have and increment in productivity.

Cons

One issue is that you need a robust machine because the program is heavy and takes a lot of resources from the computer.

Webex, Rocket.Chat, Google Workspace and Slack

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Microsoft teams presented the opportunity to create a work environment and increase productivity through focusing in the projects improving communication while working with our files.

Zoom Workplace and Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

We considered the benefits of working in the Microsoft environment and alternatives platforms, then adding the price, coming with a higher rate than the other applications.
john

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

MS Teams, Microsoft's new collaboration app that you will wonder how you did without it!!

Once you get used to its quirks and also get your head around how Teams and Channels work it becomes an invaluable addition to the Microsoft Office 365 Eco System. I now use it daily to plan and out and collaborate on my clients Channels / Teams with the added functionality from Apps, Connectors and Bots ive now been able to feed in many of the Cloud Apps and Services that i use for my business so that i have all the data i need in MS Teams. Also now Teams has the IM and VOIP functions all working ready to take over from Skype for Business when it retires fairly soon i also use Teams as my communication app on top of everything else which gives you some sort of idea how much it can actually do now.

Pros

What i like most about Microsoft Teams is its versatility, its uses seem to be endless. It took me a while to get used to using it as its grown as ive learnt to use it. Microsoft and 3rd Parties are still adding new functionality to Teams via apps, connectors and bots and it seems to be gaining pace as developers see that its adoption is taking off which for end users is great news as more than likely you will be able to find one of these apps, connectors and bots that will connect Teams to another Cloud App or Service that you use already making Teams even more productive to use.

Cons

Its Tennant switching function, Guest and External users still baffle me sometimes as its not straight forward to use. If your Azure AD user has been invited into a team that belongs to another Office 365 Tennant account you have to manually switch Teams to that Tennant account via a drop down which then switches over to that Office 365 Tennants Teams channels so that you can access the channel / team you have been invited into. Its as confusing as it sounds, I still dont think this is the answer to the multi tenant problem. Although to be fair its now a lot better than it was a year ago or earlier. Then to add to that confusion you then have the Guest and External user types, both types can be invited into your Office 365's tenants channel / team but the Guest user actually will add the invited user into your Azure AD as a guest user so that user has more rights to a channel / team than an External user. External users can be invited into a channel / team but there rights are very low but the External user type is mainly for the IM / VOIP / Meeting functionality in MS Teams.

Mahmoud
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 10/09/2021

Microsoft Teams is one of the best distance education programs

Teams is the best remote education application ever, and with their excellent customer service, I am confident that this product will continue to be popular long after the pandemic has passed. This isn't just useful for teachers. And You might be able to use it for easy access to your business partners and staff if you own a company.

Pros

It's the greatest app for online learning and conference meetings because it's simple to use. Allows you to sync your calendar with Microsoft Outlook. Users can be muted using background noise. The capacity to record sessions so that they can be revisited at a later time. Meetings can be scheduled using the Outlook calendar, allowing you to plan ahead of time. Being able to see and hear what's going on in meetings. This product's features have enabled me to join audio and video conference meetings, conferences, and training sessions with a variety of students.

Cons

When the conventional microphone is destroyed, the Bluetooth headset has trouble being recognized. There are still a number of issues that influence the program's usability, as well as various limitations including file limits and bugs with document control and sharing. And When uploading in Microsoft Teams, it occasionally fails, and we must try again.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

because it's simple to use.
Muzaffar
Muzaffar
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 09/10/2021

Best communication app for business

Pros

I have been using Microsoft Teams for more than 2 years now almost every day. In my opinion it is the best communication and collaboration tool so far.
- Microsoft Teams integrates very well with apps such as Microsoft Planner and Jira. It is very easy to build Kanban like task management boards for the team, assigns tasks to required people, to view analytics of task progress etc.
- File management in the app is also very good. Working on a single file collaboratively is very easy and efficient. It is possible to open a file within the teams with integrated apps, on a dedicated desktop app or open them online using web functionalities.
- Teams allows presenters to choose which particular app windows to share, whether to share the PC sounds or not, also allows to share the display but have a visibility over the call as well.
- Without having real time screen sharing it wouldn't be possible to complete day-to-day tasks during Covid pandemic. Teams offers a quite easy to use screen sharing option. Also it provides a very comprehensive video conferencing functionality. The quality of the video is quite high but it doesn't hurt the transmission speed much.
- Mobile app of the Teams is quite functional as well. Considering majority of the people use their phones more than PCs it is quite critical.

Cons

The integration with Microsoft Outlook is not so good as Skype for Business had.

Eva

Reviewed on 09/12/2021

Great Video Conferencing Tool

This is an essential remote working tool that we cannot do without. My team and I communicate with each other constantly throughout our working days, solving problems and sharing ideas instantly.

Pros

- Combine video & audio conferencing into one powerful digital workspace
- Wide breath of features for both high quality and reliable conferencing and collaboration under one roof
- Support large number of users distributed across multiple channels and locations
- Synchs well with all Microsoft products saving time switching between tools
- Outlook calendar integration allows overview of scheduled meetings and joining meetings in one click
- Solid security offered by Microsoft provides peace of mind
- Accessible from the web making it easy for external users without having to download app or register for an account

Cons

- Large number of available features can be daunting for new and technically less savvy users
- Multilayer navigation can be confusing initially and require proper training to maximize usage of the tool
- Great for formal organizations but can be inhibiting for smaller and informal settings such as schools