Shopify Reviews

About Shopify

Shopify is a web-based e-commerce platform that offers a mobile POS (mPOS) system. The mPOS enables users to manage their business and complete transactions in-store as well as at markets, pop-ups, and trade shows. The e-commerce...

Browse Shopify Reviews

6,277 of 6,277 reviews
Scott
Scott
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 08/09/2020

Don't Shop Around, Shop-ify!

Overall, Shopify has been good to me. They made me a Partner because of the – you know I can't actually recall what the criteria was to become one – maybe you just apply to become one. But if you are a Partner, you can develop stores at no cost, and then get paid a referral fee and a residual for transferring it to a paying client. A very nice gesture towards us store-builders – I wish all creative software or SaaS platforms were as fiscally friendly. They also make it easy for devs looking to expand into Shopify App creation – so they can be on the receiving end of that sweet, month-to-month autocharged booty.

Pros

Shopify is where it's at if you want to get involved in the whole Direct 2 Consumer craze! You could literally have a store, up and running and transactional in 10 minutes assuming you're computer / web literate, have a bank account, and a product to sell...For getting up and running with hundreds of attractive themes to choose from (not all on Shopify.com, there are online stores that sell themes...) you really can't beat the ease of Shopify – with just the right amount of freedom, and automation to make sure you can get your products and logo looking their best, and not accidentally break the whole thing. And if you know a little HTML/CSS, the sky is really the limit in terms of customizing the theme. Plus there's a Shopify "App Store" that offers every possible function you could imagine if you wanted something not natively offered such as pop-ups, rewards clubs, or wholesale pricing.

Cons

In the beginning, I found it a bit cumbersome to deal with large catalogs with lots of variants (color / size) per sku. But Shopify and their lightning-fast chat support are nothing if not good listeners and they've made editing part of, or your whole catalog, much easier than ever before, with tons of filters for tailoring your product selection on the back end, to making almost any variable from Title, to Inventory, to Weight, easily bulk editable. So the thing I'll say that still stinks, is that all the apps charge subscription fees, which is super annoying, especially if you rely on a bunch of them. I would much rather pay a one and done license fee as opposed to $3 a month for my mailing list manager app, $16 a month for my Wholesale price tiering app, and $5 for my abandoned cart retrieval system. It adds up to a big, never-ending headache.

Patrick
Patrick

Reviewed on 06/01/2022

Shopify: A Viable Option, to quickly set up and manage an Online Store with ease.

For me, Shopify (+ Shopify Plus) is the platform par excellence to efficiently and successfully implement e-commerce projects. Even with limited resources, you can sell here on enterprise level without worries and grow later without any problems. Through the large Shopify universe, there is an enormous collective wealth of experience with top talent in the development and consulting of e-commerce projects of any size.

We are now implementing many new webshop projects in Shopify. The ease of use makes it great to work collaboratively with different departments on the store. Especially the integrated CDN hosting and the associated performance is really top-notch.

Pros

Shopify offers the possibility to implement ideas directly. Thanks to the modular system, stores can be set up literally within minutes.

The existing payment module can be set up, and apps can be installed for analysis, marketing, and aesthetics.

Especially for e-commerce newcomers without much background experience in web design, the foundation can be laid quickly and the noticeable progress in success motivates to continue. Anyone who wants to get from A to B quickly and loves Pareto will also love Shopify!

Cons

Due to the simple operation and the now widespread use of Shopify, you run the risk of developing a store 'like any other'. Structure and basic structures are always very similar and require code adaptations to stand out from the crowd.

Especially for newcomers, custom coding can be overwhelming, which often leads to the necessity of paid apps or the consultation of specialized web developers, as soon as something "special is required".

WooCommerce

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Generally spoken, I want to make market entries as uncomplicated as possible. WooCommerce, unlike Shopify, can cause more problems due to “unexpected bugs” and almost every functionality needs much more effort to be set up. According to my experience, Shopify is the best way to test products and markets rapidly and build brands and companies fast and long term without getting many technical issues during the process. This User friendly concept is worth the additional costs.
Eddie

Reviewed on 21/01/2024

Best e-commerce platform out there

Pros

I have used Shopify for over a year now and I have moved all my clients e-commerce sites to Shopify now. I develop my own themes via shopify liquid which gives me the freedom to create whatever I want with ease.

Cons

Its a bit pricy for my clients but the fantastic support and tools makes it worth it.

Top Shopify Alternatives

Alibaba Cloud

WordPress & WooCommerce Affiliate Program

Reviewed on 05/01/2024

Avoid they will lock you out your own website

Disgusting terrible company do not relay on these unless you want to lose your website without any reason

Pros

Nothing there a complete joke of a company

Cons

DO NOT USE SHOPIFY They block you out your own website without warning. They did not even give me a reason. They told me to reply to there email which I did 20 times over 2 weeks and not a single reply.

Do not risk your livelihood on this cowboy disgusting company. I had my store for 3 years and paid them thousands and thus is the level of professionalism. AVOID AVOID AVOID

Beth
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 27/10/2023

Shopify- Small Business Necessity

Overall, i really enjoyed using shopify as it worked well for us. It is very inovative, and we always had access to information that we needed. Customers appreciated how easy it was for transactions, e-receipts etc.

Pros

we used shopify at my previous work-place. When we initially made the switch from a different system, we were so relieved by how easy shopify was to navigate. It cut check-out time in half and made it simple to access information, show customers product inventory, images of products etc. Shopify kept track of everything and we never had any issues.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about shopify.

SalesRabbit

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

shopify was much easier for us to navigate, and was highly recommended by employees, and customers that had experience using it.
Maciej
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 21/01/2024

Shopify Has 95% of Functionality Needed

Pros

Have grown to 10 figure Amazon business - use for all print on demand and inventory transactions

Cons

Just about all of the features and reporting that you could need, but missing that last 5%. Particularly inventory adjustment history beyond 3 months.

Krystal

Reviewed on 11/02/2024

LOVE Shopify

Pros

Shopify is so easy to use! It's easy to integrate apps, create a template, customize everything, and it's simple to learn.

Cons

I wish that it automatically included ADA compliance in the templates!

• Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 06/02/2024

Fantastic Sales Platform

Excellent platform to host an e-commerce shop

Pros

Shopify is an excellent resource to host my website the user interface is excellent

Cons

Not always easy to find answer your looking for

Charl
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 22/01/2024

Shopify great to setup an online shop!

Pros

Shopify is easy to use for clients and user-friendly to clients.

Cons

Shopify can prove to be a challenge to setup if you don't know your way around the site settings. Shopify can be somewhat expensive if no sales are made in a month.

GK
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 23/01/2024

A great way for an SME to sell online!

Very positive. I'm happy I chose Shopify.

Pros

The software is phenomenal, bearing in mind how much (little ) you pay. It works brilliantly for mobile. Is pretty flexible in layout, even if you don't want to dive into coding.

Cons

The image managment isn't great. It's hard to adjust banners so they don't pixelate on a computer screen - though they look great on mobile.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

I use Shopify for all my Ecommerce Businesses

I built both shopify stores from scratch without prior knowledge and it took me about a full week to get the hang of things. I would make adjustments as I could to help convert customers. I still feel like it's the best place to only sell products but still a bit costly to make a really nice design. I now hire virtual assistants to make all the changes on the site and manage it but that can cost too so it's great there are API's to help grow the business, which all cost more money though, some are free (Reddit, pinterest).

Overall, I will still use the software.

Pros

Sleek designs, easy to use, easy to keep track of products and sales, great third party API integrations and marketing software, and simple to run. Many Virtual Assistants already know how to use this software which makes life very easy for me.

The simpler, the better. I have several shopify stores and I aim to make passive income in this realm.

Cons

Templates are limited, a lot of the development is backend yet I'm a visual person so I like to see everything as I'm doing it, and it can get a little overwhelming with all the integrations needed to turn a Shopify store into a massive profitable business. I feel like the best templates cost too much money and the ones we are offered look basic and not easily customizable. It could use a better blog feature section and a bit more visual aspects such as videos to help pitch or promote the business. Maybe even used for online courses with private logins would be great.

WordPress and Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Shopify is specifically built to convert and make money in the e-commerce world and this is what I'm interested in. However I'd like a more complete software allowing me to pair an actual website (consulting, online courses, etc...) to this to make me full appreciate it.
Vy
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 01/09/2019

User-friendly platform that covers (almost) all your e-commerce needs

Shopify is still my first pick after almost a decade working with E-commerce, but with a much lesser margin than before. Squarespace and Wix offer, in my opinion, good alternatives if you don't want to put up with constantly wondering "Why isn't this function in place? Oh, I have to install an app and pay X$ every month". I would recommend Shopify for those who don't require a lot beyond the standard E-commerce solution and/or won't mind paying a bit for some pro templates and apps.

Pros

Shopify is extremely user-friendly and easy to set up. It's intuitive even if you've never used an e-commerce platform before, and you're able to get by with no coding skills. The basic templates are plain, but professional and modern. Basically it covers everything you need to get started with an online business, the pricing model is fair, and there's a wealth of 3rd party plugins and templates if you require something beyond the standard functionalities.

Cons

Though I've put the 3rd party marketplace as a benefit, I'm also left with the feeling that it comes with a hidden downside. Basic functions such as bundling and customer messages on an order (which, to give an example, Etsy offers) requires a 3rd party plugin with Shopify. After so many years in the industry, I'm baffled as to why this hasn't been implemented by default. The only reason I can think of is, why would they? Customers are forced to buy an app, which makes more money for Shopify. Another pet peeve example: You cannot use more than 1 discount code unless you install an app. Which means, you can't put 10% off the entire site, and offer customers an additional discount with a code.

Wix, EtsyMarketingTool and Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

I chose Shopify because the pro templates had functions I required (unlike Squarespace), the standard pricing and fees were fair (unlike Etsy), and because I wanted it to be fast and easy to maintain.
Chelsea

Reviewed on 19/09/2019

Shopify for the win!

I love that shopify will scale with my business and that there are various pricing plans that give you different options and shipping discounts. It's easy to use and has other apps that work with it so I can easily generate line sheets and product catalogues.

Pros

I love that shopify integrates seamlessly into my inventory program, social media accounts, email marketing platform, etc. They also work really well with google ads so you can add products to google shopping and run really effective retargeting ads. Their live view option is great and gives me an idea of where my customers are coming from.

Their shipping discounts are also great!

Cons

The only thing that really annoys me is that I can't pick which shipping option comes first. Because one of my shipping options is "local pickup" and is free, I'd rather that not be the default shipping option (a lot of out of town customers accidentally choose local pickup and then I have to contact them and it looks unprofessional). Apart from that, it's a great platform

Lee'Ann
Lee'Ann

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Shopify is easy to launch and manage

My overall experience has been positive using Shopify as my shopping cart for my store. I felt the transition from Magento was pretty simple - although I did not do the migration that is an option, I ended up starting a brand new site.

Pros

I currently use Shopify for my “side hustle” business - selling retro and vintage style dresses online - www.retrovintagedresses.com I previously used Magento for my shopping cart before switching over to Shopify. I like that it’s an easy platform to get set up on and deploy. Also, I love that you can easily create a catalog on business manager to sell products on Facebook and Instagram. Definitely easy to use.

Cons

I don’t have any cons that I can think of with Shopify. I’ve been using it for over 2 years and have not had any major issues or set backs.

Squarespace

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Initially I liked Magento, I thought it was a pretty good fit and the store did really well after launching in the beginning of 2011. Over the next several years, and after discovering some vulnerabilities in Magento (which we were subsequently hacked)we decided that there were better options available - and that’s when we made the switch.

Adobe Commerce
heather
heather
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 10/01/2020

Why I chose Shopify (but also use other platforms, too)

I'm a fan - their customer service is excellent, and I've never had any issues with downtime or anything like that.

Pros

I have an online shop to support my podcast on Tudor history. I originally set up my shop thinking I'd sell some fun leggings using print on demand vendors. And it's grown into a bit of a behemoth. Which is great! Here's the thing - lots of creators use Redbubble and Spreadshirt and other places like that, which is fine, but the difference is that when you do that, they handle the entire sales process. This is fine if you don't want to know your customers, but if you're running an online business, then being able to capture that sales information, and get mailing list sign ups, is crucial .

You can still use print on demand vendors, only this time you control the entire sales process. Everything is branded for your business. The tags in the leggings are branded for you. The mailing address is your company. It's all yours.

Of course, the downside is that you also have to handle the customer service questions that would normally go to the Zazzle equivalent. But if you are really wanting to build a business around your customers, you want that touch point. And you get to keep all the profits.

With all the apps, you can have a store that really expresses who you are, and lets you control the entire sales process.

Cons

I'm not a fan of how much is only included in the more expensive options, and how much is only available through paid apps. Of course it's great to have the options at all, but it's very easy to start to run up high bills. At one point I was paying close to $100/mo for all my various apps!

I also still use other marketplaces like Etsy because it's the distinction between selling at a church craft fair and setting up your own shop. At the church craft fair you're pretty much guaranteed some kind of traffic. With setting up on your own you have more control over the feel, and ownership of the shop, but it's up to you to go out and get all the traffic.

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

Quick and Easy to Use

A few years ago we were having issues with the security implementation on our WooCommerce site. We switched to Shopify and to be honest, it is much easier for our customer service people to use. Although, editing the code may be a little more difficult, it is not anything that anyone should really be afraid of. There is a pretty active community forum for help as well as the help desk has answered my questions when I have had them as well.

Pros

I find that it is pretty easy to create products and make them go live. Further, the fact that Shopify provides the hosting and therefore, the security for the site is quite amazing. I also like that Shopify is a major player in the marketplace. So many times I have had to go for knock offs and Shopify is not that.

Cons

Having been a guy that had never edited liquid files before, that was new to me, but finding what I need to edit and adjust in the code is really not that difficult. There is a lot of help available for this too. I do find that there are not as many apps to connect to your site as there is with WooCommerce. That is also connected to the security aspect as well though as sometimes having too many apps allows for more opportunities for things to go wrong.

Shari

Reviewed on 25/03/2021

DO NOT HESITATE TO USE SHOPIFY!!!

My overall experience with Shopify is that I will not be deleting my Shopify website! I love the platform, love the themes, love the many ways you can customize the themes, and love the thought that SO many huge companies are actually using Shopify as well! Fashion Nova, Steve Madden, Staples, etc. all use Shopify for their websites! Amazing to know someone small can create a website like the big companies and become successful all on their own! It’s definitely worth the time to give a try!

Pros

I liked that Shopify’s platform is very easy to use, even for a web-developing beginner! You need absolutely no skills to build a Shopify store that will amaze your website visitors! Simply select a theme that fits well with your store’s niche and go from there. There are so many app add-ons that you can download to your Shopify store to make it POP. And the best part? You can utilize their free-trial to build your website with no restrictions so that possibly at the end of your trial (like me) you are already ready to launch your store with the $30/month subscription!

Cons

I definitely do not like that most app add-ons are additional fees. Once you realize there are other apps you want/need, the cost adds up to where you will find yourself needing nearly a $100/month budget (unless you select a higher costing Shopify subscription, that can run you up to nearly a $200/month budget). More free (not just free-trial) apps need to be available because not everyone can afford to keep paying monthly for everything, ESPECIALLY during this pandemic. A reduced monthly subscription fee during this pandemic would have been super considerate!

WordPress

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

I have been using WordPress for years, and I can tell you one thing—Shopify is much more affordable and gets the job done, especially for an eCommerce website. From only using Shopify’s free trial I was blown away. I am definitely sticking with Shopify!
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 14/08/2021

Shopify is an amazing solution for e-commerce and selling directly to customers

Overall, the experience with Shopify has been positive. It allows amazing functionality for direct-to-consumer purchase that is lacking on most platforms. The social media and marketing integrations are the best in the industry. Shopify automates sales with ease, and makes it easy for anyone to start a business and make their dreams into a reality.

Pros

Shopify is the best software I have found for selling and marketing directly to customers and fans. It takes a very hands on approach, but the integrations with social media, marketing, ads and the e-commerce capabilities are truly world class. I love how you can manage everything from the dashboard, and use apps to print on demand directly to customers, or sell your own products using the shipping integrations and automatic processing.

Cons

Shopify is amazing overall, but has some drawbacks. The interface is a bit clunky compared to other e-commerce platforms, and does not allow bulk edits. It is not ideal for businesses with massive product catalogs, as each product needs to be edited individually. The price can get high very fast, since a more expensive plan is required to get third party calculated shipping rates. The somewhat limited functionality of Shopify itself, requires additional apps, each with monthly subscriptions and higher costs. Shopify no longer refunds transaction fees when an item is returned, and this can be a deal-breaker for merchants with higher priced items. The software and apps like Shopify digital downloads also requires the disabling of the normal internet settings, to allow for cross website tracking in order to work properly, which is not typical of most e-commerce apps and raises some privacy concerns. Overall Shopify is great, but it is missing some basic key features and the issues above make it a questionable choice for some merchants.

Wix and Weebly

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

I chose Shopify mainly because it integrates with the print on demand company I use.

Reviewed on 19/12/2021

Best Ecom Setup There Is

I have been using Shopify for over a year, and it is perfect for doing ecommerce. I have built several stores using this product and it is now down to a science where it takes less than a day to research, setup and run a store on Shopify.

Pros

If you are doing ecommerce, Shopify is it. From product selection, sales, fulfilment, customer retention and increasing lifetime value of customers, this all in one platform does it all. With the use of apps, it possible to extend the functionality of Shopify to manage any scenario.

Cons

Based on the use of apps, it may see your monthly cost increase and slows down the website you are using to sell

Wix

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Shopify is better than Wix by far. I did not need to know coding, or be a programmer to make Shopify work the way I wanted it to work.

Wix

Easier to use.
MARY GARVEY
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

Thought I was signing up for an Integrated POS System and Website

Feels like Shopify sucks you in and is not transparent. When you realize what the system doesn’t do...they apologize and are very kind but not very helpful. There are a bunch of awkward apps you can buy to fix the problems but they don’t work very well. Wish someone would just make an easy functioning system that met business that sell inventory on line and in person.

Pros

It is easy to get a website up and running. Adding products is easy.

Cons

WHERE DO I BEGIN:
-inventory records only go back three months...I was horrified to find out I lost 4 months of inventory records.
-to print a receipt...you need to buy and download an app...it is awkward to use and takes a couple minutes for the receipt to upload before you can print it.
-to have employees log in you need to download and app and pay monthly
-you can not do a credit on someone’s account if they return something...You need to either return their money or give them a gift card it is awkward and difficult to use.
-if you mark an order pending payment you cannot take payment on the POS system.
-you cannot add any vender information that is not visible to your customers.
-the duplicate feature when adding products doesn’t work properly....to hard to explain what should be duplicated and what shouldn’t but trust me it wasn’t created by someone that understands business

Ricky
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 10/06/2020

Simple and Easy E-commerce platform!

When we launched our web store back in 2016 we looking for something simple yet robust. After reviewing with several e-platform software we decided to try Shopify and haven't really looked back. I would recommend it to anyone looking to start up their own e-commerce site.

Pros

Love the simplicity of it. Shopify made it was easy to create/build/manage our own web store. The monthly fees are reasonable and the transaction fees are low if you compare it to selling on Amazon. It gives us an alternative platform to sell with the potential for higher margins/profits. In terms of designing your website, Shopify's themes and tools allowed us to create a simple yet elegant web store. On the back end, it's fairly easy and straightforward to manage your store. Shopify also provides a lot of in-depth analytics to help you understand your customers and provide potential insights on how to improve sales. Shopify also integrates seamlessly with our Stitch inventory software which in turn syncs to our Shipstation for shipping (Shopify: front web store > Stitch: inventory software > Shipstation: shipping software). I think for anyone who has the desire to sell online, Shopify is definitely a solution for you.

Cons

1. Managing discount codes can get tricky if you have recurring/subscription orders. Recurring/subscription orders requires a plug-in called Bold and it applies discount codes differently from the Shopify platform (one-time purchases). Meaning if you wanted to have the same discount code, with the same discount applied, and applicable to one-time orders and recurring/subscription order, then that discount codes need to be entered in both Shopify and Bold. The method/calculation to enter in discount codes in both Shopify & bold are different as well. There's just a bit of extra work here. Also, once a Bold discount code is created it cannot be edited once saved. Shopify discount codes are editable after it's created and saved.
2. Another thing about Bold plug-in is when you update an existing recurring/subscription customer's order you can't instantly push an order through. You must wait until it processed through its auto-order process which for us is close to midnight local time. It'll be great if you're on the phone with a customer to have the ability to say the updates are completed, everything looks good, and we've processed the order, and it will be shipped right away. Right now, the quickest you can get the order processed is basically the next day.

Brenten
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 25/05/2022

Great E-Commerce Software!

Overall, I recommend this software for anyone looking for an e-commerce software with a lot of great features and functionality for a reasonable price. I have had very few issues with this software over the years, and I am overall satisfied with how well it has worked on our website.

Pros

We have been using this at my company for years and it has lots of features that make e-commerce very simple. This is how we facilitate and track sales on our website, and it’s always gone very smooth with this software.

Cons

Customer service could be a bit quicker to respond.

Worldpay

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

I wasn’t happy with the glitches in Stripe.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

It looked more functional and simpler.

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

JAM Shopify Review

Well, around the beginning of the pandemic, I noticed many stores at physical locations closing. People were panicking with uncertainty of where to look next for their clothing, their shoes, anything else they may need. I got into retail to give consumers the reliable option the next time stores regardless of the reason ever closed down again, the solution of coming to an online store, knowing it is always open for them. With the current Recession, this may happen once again, and in doing so, this solution becomes more reliable, with delivery not being a problem, and Shopify software running smoothly, it makes sense for such solution provided. On the flip side, currently Savepace LLC has an issue that Shopify software does not have an answer for at this time as there are no financing options available on the software. Even if there were, Shopify would still have no answer for about 6 months. Overall, from billing to the order management, the site speed to no visual issues, its been a wonderful pleasant experience, and I expect it to continue as I seek to upgrade the software in the near future.

Pros

I like how I am able to run my retail business with a ton of support behind it, there is so much software ranging from Shopify's own to others I integrate that making building, growing the business less stressful. I really, really, like Shopify's accounting software that leaves people stunned! It allows me to keep better track of sales, fees, costs, and also allows me to project where finances may be within the next few months. I really like how the software updates without asking me to, updating in the background as I continue focusing on doing what I need to do with my store. The pricing of the software has always been reasonable, never too expensive, and never cheap, and, is based on my need. I really like how popular the software has become too, and the positive impacts it has worldwide such as saving small business owners a ton of money, choice of upgrading when ready, letting me know ahead of time when announcements about the software, and, anything else that maybe extremely important. As for integration, it depends on the app I choose, because while it may be easy to integrate onto the software, certain apps can be difficult to remove from the software once it has been integrated fully.

Cons

There is a passive-aggressive push for a Commerce plan to use on the software. Sure, for small businesses already on its mid approach that's appropriate as the developers should assist them as much as possible, but for many struggling business, the constant passive-aggressive push when logging onto the software can be a real pain, especially when focusing on order management. Regarding integration, certain apps require the software origination or for additional payments to process sort of like 3 months of back rent, even when it feels like its 3 months fronted rent before you can see that the integrated app has been removed. I advise Caution which apps users integrate overall. The design of it in the background could use a change. Its been three years. The software needs more style!! The security of it could use incorporation of VPN users, and currently the software does not have this.

Lola
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 23/01/2023

The best for e-commerce

Impressive e-commerce facilities. The best choice to build an online store.

Pros

Of the big 3 website builders (Shopify, Squarespace, Wix), Shopify is hands down the best for e-commerce. The other platforms simply don't have the same level of e-commerce support - from advanced shipping options to the wide range of discounts you can create for your online store. The extensive App Store also offers easy-to-install plugins to enhance your website's functionality. If you're serious about growing your online store, Shopify is the way to go.

Cons

It has to be said that Shopify is not as pretty as Squarespace or Wix, both of which being more design-led platforms. Shopify 2.0 was a major upgrade, in that you can now add design blocks to every page. But unless you know how to do custom coding, the design features are still somewhat limited. The email campaign feature is buggy - Wix is much better for that, but then Wix isn't really suited to run an online store.

Wix, WordPress, Squarespace and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Shopify has the best e-commerce features.
Rabie
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 07/06/2023

Let Shopify Power Your E-Commerce Business

My online business has changed dramatically thanks to Shopify. Because of how simple it is to use, I was able to build a beautiful online store with themes that were completely customizable and matched my brand. The app store provides countless opportunities to expand my business and improve the features of my store. Selling is simple thanks to the integrated payment processing, and whenever I have questions, their customer support is welcoming and supportive. I can now truly succeed in the e-commerce industry thanks to Shopify

Pros

The fact that Shopify has made it so simple for me to use, even as a complete novice, is what I like most about using it for my e-commerce store. Everything is so simple that even a child could handle it, from customization to management and shipping fulfillment. It really is a set-and-forget situation. You can easily add your products, integrate apps that are suggested for you, and then let the apps drive.

Cons

Despite the fact that Shopify is a fantastic platform overall, there are a few areas where I have come across some shortcomings or features that could be improved:Cost of Add-Ons: Although Shopify's basic features are extensive, some advanced functionalities call for additional, paid integrations or apps. Although these add-ons can expand the store's functionality, they can get expensive over time, especially for small businesses with tight budgets.Transaction Fees: Shopify charges transaction fees when customers choose to use outside payment gateways rather than their own in-house Shopify Payments system. These transaction fees, though they vary depending on the pricing plan, can significantly reduce profits, especially for companies with high sales volumes or low-priced goods.Free themes are scarce: Shopify has a variety of themes available in their Theme Store, but the selection