Workday HCM Reviews

About Workday HCM

Workday HCM assists global businesses of all sizes in a variety of industry verticals with workforce planning, analysis, and execution. Workday delivers user and administrative tools such as financial management, HR planning,...

4.2

Browse Workday HCM Reviews

1,334 of 1,334 reviews
Danielle
Danielle
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 10/03/2022

"Workday is the best assistant Online for HR"

You may build and grow your corporation using Workday HCM. There is no limit to what can be done. Anyone in HR or a department head may simply access and obtain employee information using their user-friendly interface, whether it's for insight into their compensation or any other data you require. More significantly, it gives HR personnel the tools they need to do their jobs better, from adding new vacation entries to collecting lists of the most frequently utilized perks.

Pros

Payroll, vacation requests, time off, hiring, performance management, and much more are all made easier with Workday. For the most part, tasks are straightforward and intuitively organized. My dashboard displays the demands made by our personnel. To charge other business units for projects and hours, we may change things like pay rate, hours, department, and project id. Direct links to applicants' Facebook and Twitter pages and the ability to select candidates by a variety of criteria, including location, experience, and current position, are all strengths of the recruiting area.

Cons

A few tasks throughout the course of a typical workday might be perplexing. The "time off" tool, for example, may lead you to believe that it displays information about your own personal time off at work, but it actually displays information about the vacation time taken by your team. You have to enter another option to be able to appreciate your free time and it is usually confusing

Alan
Alan

Reviewed on 16/08/2023

Easy to use for employee self-service HR needs

I can easily complete HR-related self-service chores as an employee. It is simple to submit a request for time off or make an adjustment to my personal information.

Pros

Workday is the most effective tool for managing relationships with customers, allowing for simple monitoring of all interactions. It's the system we use for human resources, payroll, and a plethora of other employee-related tasks and records. One clear advantage of Workday is that it makes it easier for workers to make and be compensated for their own human resources decisions.

Cons

The learning curve may be steep for novice users, but once you've mastered it, it will make your day-to-day life easier. Every time I try to accomplish something significant, I end up making a mistake, and usually it's the system's fault, because it has so many unseen and arbitrary tripwires.

Anil
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 19/01/2024

Creative Alliance Review

It has not been long since I started using Workday, and it has been quite okay so far. A fully detailed review could be given after using it for a longer time.

Pros

It is easy to schedule and request for holidays. It also is essential to see the work schedules.

Cons

It is expensive and can be overwhelming to use the first time.

Top Workday HCM Alternatives

Patriot Payroll

ADP Vantage HCM

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne

Kay
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 21/06/2017

Workday Recruiting - You'll set back your recruiting function years behind

integration w/ Workday HR - not enough benefit to outweigh the functional negatives

Pros

Graphical Interface - cool graphics is the only positive
Yes it integrates candidate data with HR (if you have Workday HR) but that benefit isn't worth the flaws

Cons

Workflow is too restrictive - nice in theory but you have to go back to you in-box to move the candidate to the next step
Offers take forever and if you make a mistake you have to resend to leader for approval
Everything is effective dated - if you have a recruiter who started after a req is opened they can't take action on a candidate who applied before that date (terrible for vacation coverage/new hire recruiters).
Can't search by candidate name (e.g. you are looking for John Smith - Names tha thave J or S in them come up in no particular order - also can't use the ATS as a sourcing database (we had a progressive sourcing team and they couldn't use it)
Recruiters in a high volume environment will hate it - it takes literally 4x the time to hire a candidate in the system. There are too many steps and flaws.
There are many more issues - My company met with Workday User Experience Leader and they listened to the feedback and in a year - no changes were made. These aren't configuration issues people - these are architectural design flaws. Run don't walk from this software - It's at least 5 - 10 years away from anything on the market.
You will impact recruiter morale in high volume recruiting shops. If you have very low volume recruiting then I guess you could live with it.
Reporting functionality is almost nil - doesn't come with any really useful canned reports - very limited.

Reviewed on 13/11/2023

Increase HR and payroll compliance and daily efficiency

Post-sandbox testing, Workday can update and release software. This sandbox environment allows me to try things out, observe what happens, and then fine-tune my procedures. Many issues are resolved because to Workday's ability to notify workers of pending tasks and make information about those tasks readily available to them.

Pros

If you're familiar with the system and its customizations, you should be able to accomplish just about anything using Workday. I really like how workday can be used to both investigate past company procedures and improve current ones. After years of using ADP, I have concluded that Workday is the superior HR software.

Cons

In my opinion, the time it takes to find and interview potential candidates is too long. While Workday's learning resources are excellent, I do wish they provided more configuration-specific instruction.

Hussein

Reviewed on 29/09/2023

A Secret experts use to save time for away from job activities.

I am happy. I can concentrate on my life away from official job while Workday HCM gets the job done with high level of dependability.

Pros

I decided to keep Workday HCM for several reasons. First, I wanted to go smart with technological payroll handling, processing, audits and flexibility over workday payroll. Second, I wanted a software with more robust approach to job and the goals I have. It has driven my ambitions positively towards achieving them.Third, I wanted a balance between work and my personal life. I can now concentrate more on matters away from official job.

Cons

Pleasure to comment that I have none. Nothing in the features I like least. I find everything helpful and up to standards.

Mihail
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Approved game changer software. Workday HCM is an effortless treasure.

Efficient and profound. Try Workday HCM for excellence, flexibility and transparency. I am a happy user.

Pros

I can talk about the benefits of Workday HCM all day. It is very efficient and reliable tool. It has given us control over activities revolving around payroll, payroll audits and payroll calculations. Workday HCM is also very user-friendly and easy to use. One unique feature about Workday HCM is the urgency it treats my work with. It is quite fast and accurate.

Cons

Cheers to the good work Workday HCM. I am contented with what it offers. I cannot complain.

Anthony

Reviewed on 23/12/2023

Workday Review

Pros

It is user friendly . The interface is clean and straight forward.

Cons

It was different than Peoplesoft. it took some time getting used to but then it was fine.

Glenda May
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 30/05/2023

First time Workday user

Overall, as a Finance Lead, it helps me check and manage my teams' individual goals as well as my goals. It helps check their progress and set up a follow up when needed. I think soon, we will fully utilize it.

Pros

Workday has been introduced to us in 2021 by our company but we did not get to use it until recently, April 2023. I think they are working on some mapping, hence the delay. We started using the Workday for our Employee Performance Management and I can say first-hand that it is easy to use. At first, during our training, we thought it's a bit complicated but doing in actually is not. Can easily input goals and track progress.

Cons

So far, none because we are just starting to use it.

Erika
Erika
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 06/01/2024

Works for my basic, employee purposes

Pros

Workday is always available to me if I have quick questions I need answered, such as finding my employee ID, reviewing my performance reviews, or viewing the org chart for my organization. It's not something I would deem essential as an end user that doesn't use all the features, but I like that it's there for me to use.

Cons

I use it so infrequently that it usually takes me awhile to find the exact location of what I am looking for, so the naming conventions of the menus could use some work.

Cathy
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 25/03/2022

Sad to not have Workday

Overall, Workday is a good product with good support.

Pros

Workday was easy to navigate and very intuitive. A new employee could come in that was unfamiliar and quickly be up-to-speed. We had several upgrades, each making the process better each time.

Cons

We could not be on our own cloud, making the organization more vulnerable to cyber attacks.

Nolan

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

Workday HCM Review

I support a team that focuses primarily on data driven tasks, and within that world its' really import to step away from the numbers and the data and focus on what my employees are excelling at individually and see what challenges they are facing. I love that the employee is the one to input their goals and results, as that holds them accountable for any challenges they are facing. The email reminders are very helpful for both me and the team I support. It's a great tool that helps us connect and drive forward!

Pros

Workday HCM has been a big part of my employee success tracking since my organization made the switch. However, with my entire division switching to a remote / work from home model, it's been imperative to keeping my employees on track with their career development. Workday makes it simple and streamlined to create monthly, quarterly & annual goals for my team, and my favourite thing about the software is when an entry is needed or overdue from them, they receive a message to their inbox (so I don't have to send a ton of reminders - nobody likes doing that). On my end, I get updates regarding completion status of performance tracking, and I really like the transparency in terms of my employees receivng a notification when I have completed their forms on my end as well.

Cons

I find it a bit difficult to access previous performance reviews, and I somehow never get there on my first try when I try to access the previous quarters or months. If there was a much more obvious option on the dashboard that would make the Workday experience even better.

• Industry: Philanthropy
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 19/03/2019

Finally getting away from PDFs

Pros

The best part of about Workday Performance Management is the ability to get away from manual processes. Previously at our company, we had to write our self-evaluations in a PDF document that was submitted to our managers. Then the manager could choose to write something completely different or utilize what was already written by the employee. Ultimately, the manual process left out information. With Workday Performance Management, everything is included. The self-evaluation is maintained within the performance review, as is the manager's review. That way anyone can compare and contrast what the manager had to say vs. what the employee had to say about themselves. All of this can be custom created per company so that an organization can keep whatever fields work best for them. It also can maintain goals, as well as milestones throughout the course of the year so that employees aren't just touching their reviews once a year, but actually working on them throughout the entire year. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with all that I have accomplished at the end of the year, unless I have written it down in a Word doc. But now you can add things to your review as it happens and then do one final edit at the end of the year.

Cons

The biggest con for me is the lack of stating what can be improved. This could be a customized field that my organization failed to incorporate. If that's true, then maybe the improvement could come from WorkDay itself on best practices. But every employee wants to shine a light on all the good they did throughout the course of the year. It is just as important for each employee to shine a light on the things they could do better, or improve upon for the next year. Another con for our organization was the length of time it took to implement WorkDay within our systems. It was far from an easy task that took thousands of man-hours to implement. However, now that it is implemented and people are using it, it seems to have been worth the effort.

Tiffany

Reviewed on 17/07/2023

Very User Friendly!

Pros

Workday is very easy to maneuver through, you can self-teach yourself pretty much how to do anything in this software. The categories are self-explanatory, its easy input/output for reports, great for payroll and timecard management. I highly recommend Workday to all businesses.

Cons

At this point in time, I cannot think of anything that I didnt care for with this product.

Paychex Flex
Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 19/02/2023

Why Workday HCM is the Future of HR Management

Overall, Workday HCM is a powerful HR management solution that offers a wide range of functionality and integration with other business systems. While there are some challenges associated with using the software, it is an excellent choice for businesses that require a comprehensive HR management tool.

Pros

Workday HCM is an enterprise-level human capital management software that provides various HR services. As an admin user of the software, I found several advantages to using it. First and foremost, it offers a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate. This makes it simple to access and manage HR functions such as payroll, benefits, and performance management. Additionally, the software has strong reporting capabilities, providing access to data on everything from employee demographics to compliance data. Another major advantage of Workday HCM is its integration with other business systems, such as accounting software and time tracking applications. This integration makes it possible to streamline HR processes and reduce the need for manual data entry. The software also has a comprehensive mobile app, allowing users to manage HR functions on the go.

Cons

However, there are also some drawbacks to using Workday HCM. One of the biggest concerns is the complexity of the system. While it offers a lot of functionality, it can be overwhelming for new users.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 11/09/2020

Money pit - a software company that charges you for regular updates to their software

Everything you do with Workday costs money. Forget the annual licence cost, that's only part of it - every time you send an email or phone support you are on the clock. Twice a year when the software gets updated you are required to pay consulting fees to Workday or one of their service partners to test that the update actually works at your end. Most new features and enhancements are not provided for free as part of these updates, so you have to purchase them. Third party applications that supposedly integrate with Workday only do so after you pay thousands of dollars for Workday to set that up for you. Hidden costs everywhere - you need to budget for 25-50% per annum in service and other costs on top of your annual licence fee. Be warned - it is a unique business model in the software world.

Pros

The workflows are really good, particularly for recruitment and performance management

Cons

The interface is unusual from a UX perspective, and everything is very rigid. Workday offers little flexibility or user customisation, unless you are happy to spend a fortune with one of their service partners. Their expensive user training courses are absolutely appalling for adult learners - 4 days in a classroom flicking through a 500 page bound workbook, anyone?

Ben

Reviewed on 03/08/2017

Difficult to learn without paying for courses but still a solid option

I have only been using Workday for a few months. After taking all of the integration courses and starting to build integrations I am reasonably comfortable with the back end but no front end knowledge which is required to test at least the inbound integrations. Be prepared to spend days researching certain topics before coming up with answers. I recommend hiring a consultant to help in house developers learn the tools and functionality if you decide to go with Workday.

Pros

-Basic functionality for end users is intuitive and easy to use.
-Lots of options for integration with third parties
-Easy to use, custom, report capability with the option to expose reports as services (RaaS).
-Fairly easy to learn and use add-in for Eclipse for complicated integrations (Workday Studio).

Cons

-Training is expensive and is basically required to do an implementation due to lack of available reference material. Recording the online training for future reference is not permitted
-The workday community site is cumbersome (searches are not ranked according to relevancy and it can take many hours to find what you are looking for). Some workday studio components don't seem to be documented at all on the site.
-Certain functionality and community information is only provided to "Workday Implementation partners" which makes it nearly impossible to implement in-house without paying to outsource some of the work to a workday partner.
-Workday doesn't seem to have been built with performance in mind. Even with server side paging, reports and integrations are very slow.
-Lots of "hidden features." This would normally be a bonus but more advanced tasks require the user to know exactly what to search for from the application's search feature. Most of the functionality of workday is hidden in search results and isn't intuitively exposed in the UI.

Ryan
Ryan

Reviewed on 03/06/2019

Great for managing Comp workflows, but not for analytics/reporting

Pros

1) Ability to audit change logs: who made what change when, who was it approved by, was it later edited or rescinded, etc.
2) The ability to mass rescind changes is a lifesaver; you can filter by data input date range, specific input files, individuals / business units, etc.
3) Quick learning curve to get familiar with the interface, new comp team members can get ramped up in no time.

Cons

1) While reporting within the tool does exist, I always found it lackluster compared to what we could build on top of it with Tableau or custom dashboard tools.
2) Doesn't do a great job of interacting with equity data, particularly vesting data. We always created custom tables in SQL and fed them into Workday for reporting purposes, didn't trust using it as the system of record for equity.
3) Difficult to make corrections to a comp change record without manually rescinding and updating subsequent comp changes (which can be VERY tedious).

Brittany

Reviewed on 30/03/2019

Workday is not user friendly.

Overall, I feel like this program is not worth the money. It's wasted a lot of time for HR and our scheduler to manually enter everything following down time. The lack of ease of use for our employees has led us to switch to a new program.

Pros

Workday organizes sections by tabs. It's easy to navigate and find what you are looking for with regards to your personal information, benefits, pay, tax forms, etc.

Cons

The software is not user friendly. While it is easy to navigate between tabs and find things, it is NOT easy to enter information in these tabs. Generally, it requires contacting some form of support in order to change any information. This was a company wide problem, which is why we chose to switch to a new scheduling and business platform.

Workday has frequent down times. Scheduled every Friday for about 10 hours. This requires us to manually enter in any information (clock in/clock out) that would normally be easily done in Workday. This becomes a huge hassle when you have several hundred employees. It takes HOURS.
There are also frequent random down times throughout the month without warning.

Adam
Adam

Reviewed on 16/01/2022

Fantastic software for all of your HR solutions

Expense reports are the main thing I use Workday for. The biggest benefit is how straightforward it is for a manager to review the expense reports entered by an employee, with the possibility of delegates designated for managing the expense reports for the manager. System also works very well for time off management and business trip reimbursement management.

Pros

I like the simplicity of entering expense reports, which can even be done by scanning the receipts by your phone. Everyone can do this easily by mobile app or web based application. Workday is very complex and contains all your HR data including your pay and position, and you can easily see things like your career progress and your CV. The system is connected to our Microsoft Accounts solutions and works very well alongside of it.

Cons

The system is sometimes working slower than you'd like. Currency conversion could be improved, as of right now it's easier for accounting purposes to find the current conversion rate at the national bank and use the conversed amount. The software could go a little faster, with bigger number of expense reports, the system slows down and it's harder to input new data into the system. However, this can be momentarily fixed by creating more reports instead of one huge one.

Gerardo
Gerardo
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 22/05/2023

Allows companies to have better control of their capital

Functions that allow complete administrations of professionals as well as their management, understands that human capital is necessary and fundamental in the growth of the company

Pros

This is a financial solution that is strategically thought of in management solutions in many areas of the company. This tool allows human resources to be managed and more processes that help to take actions based on real and exact data provided by this solution, its functions. allows business strategies to be more precise and practical for the organization

Cons

I like it and I have not had bad experiences since the beginning of using this tool

Jarrett
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 26/08/2022

User friendly payroll software

Pros

Keeping track of your time as well as available PTO time is very easy. Reviewing available open positions in one system. Payroll and W-2 tracking is very quick and easy especially if you need to make a change as well as goal tracking.

Cons

I haven’t found a part of this software that I didn’t like

Abby

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Best HR Tool for the End-User

Workday has all the HR resources and tools I use regularly at my fingertips. As an employee, I really appreciate that I don't have to track someone in HR down when I need access to a paystub, W2, or timesheet because everything is provided for me within Workday.

Pros

As an end-user of Workday, I love having everything I need from an HR perspective in one easy to use tool. Within the platform, I am able to track time, see paystubs, manage benefits, find certain resources or email addresses. I have worked at other companies that have provided the same resources but across several different platforms which made any HR related task very difficult for employees. Additionally, since our company has implemented Workday, I have received my pay on a consistent schedule on the same day of the week at the exact same time which is very helpful for budgeting purposes.

Cons

The user interface leaves much to be desired from a design perspective but it is clean and easy to navigate. The platform will sometimes glitch when adding time and submitting timesheets which has caused an issue for me in the past.

Shaun

Reviewed on 06/02/2023

Integral Focal Point of the business Eco System

Workday is paramount to our business and will continue to be the focal point for all of our HR data and workflows. As we look towards moving to software that plugs into Workday our internal systems should become more and more integrated with Workday playing an important role in this eco system.

Pros

Workday is a software with endless possibilities and stands as an important cornerstone of our internal HR eco system.

Cons

The only gripe I have is how user customisation isn't that easy to achieve even with an internal administrator, the software can do a lot of clever processes but quite often we need to pay for additional development to achieve this.

Tom
Tom

Reviewed on 07/10/2021

Workday

Pros

Generally quite intutitve and the dashboard allows you to find what you need. I.e. the recruiting dashboard tile brings you to all of your open & assigned requisition. Depending on how your organisation has set up your options, you can easily navigate around to find your personal details, performance review, time off and create new requisitions.

Cons

There are far too many clicks and the reporting is very limited & overly complicated. The Workflow is far too complicated and there are too many steps, which can make the system extremely complicated and hard for the average user to understand how to complete simple tasks e.g. creating a new requisition, transferring a colleague into another manager etc.