8x8 Work Reviews

About 8x8 Work

Experience seamless collaboration with 8x8 Work. 8x8 Work is an all-in-one collaboration hub for phone, video, and messaging. It brings robust and secure unified communication and collaboration experiences to every employee,...

3.9
4.1
3.7

Browse 8x8 Work Reviews

Ashley
Ashley
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

Perfect Business Phone System!!

We absolutely love 8x8 virtual office, we do not see a world where we would switch to a different phone software. If you are looking for a seamless phone software look no further!

Pros

8x8 virtual office is awesome! There are so many cool features to this software. We have used 8x8 for over 5 years now, customer service has always been super helpful if we ever had any issues or questions. Purchasing new phones for new employees is a breeze, and setting everything up is always straight forward! What more can you ask for? We also love that virtual office has the chat feature, we utilize this daily to chat with all of the employees. We also love that there is a app, all of the employees have this app on their phone and have been using it like their desk phone during this COVID work from home time.

Cons

there are sometimes some delays, but very rarely is there any issues!

Response from 8X8

We're happy to see that you had a 5-Star experience at 8x8. Thanks for sharing!

Replied 20/12/2021
Dallas
Dallas

Reviewed on 06/03/2020

8x8 works great for an ip phone client

Works well to manage and make calls from my computer, nice that I can connect it to my actual deskphone or just use the internet to make calls all from my work number. The mobile android app was not as easy to use and receive calls on.

Pros

I use the computer app to manage my phone calls and texts from my work number. It works as needed, and it's nice that I can even text from there too.

Cons

I downloaded the app to my phone to make calls from my work number using my cell phone, and when receiving and making calls from there, I had multiple people tell me they couldn't hear me, and then I will hang up and call again using my cell phone's default dialer, and it's better. The mobile app had some other small hangups, ended up deleting it and just using the computer program while at my desk.

Samantha
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 22/09/2023

8x8 Nightmare

Horribly unreliable, inconsistent and no one is responding to our emails. The system its self worked okay without the integration but the inaccurate billing is wild to me.

Pros

The ease of use was all that we appreciated of 8x8.

Cons

- The fact that they could not integrate as they said they could into Litify. - They were double billing us. Charging us yearly and then monthly and then constantly trying to reimburse and then recharge our cc again. - During this time, I was communicating with 8x8 and it was a slow process, and they decided that they should shut our phones off. I called and they turned them back on saying they saw the conversations regarding the charges and that it wont happen again until it is resolved. A week later they shut them off again and told me that I had to pay the whole year off even though they owed me 3k still and we had not ironed out the billing. So they said we had to pay fine. They couldn't take my payment over the phone and it was an absolute joke. Couldn't turn it back on with my money but couldn't take our money. Interesting, right? - They told us they were going to reimburse our 9k that they charged and we have yet to receive the refund even though our rep told us they were going to credit us back. He is now unresponsive to me as well.

Top 8x8 Work Alternatives

Raymond

Reviewed on 22/03/2024

Great Phone system

Pros

Ease of use after set up. Quick customer service turn arounds

Cons

Not having the ability t pay other than credit card.

Response from 8X8

Hi Raymond, thank you for leaving a review. We are thrilled you like the 8x8 product and find it easy to use. Thank you for choosing 8x8!

Replied 26/03/2024
Cinthya
Cinthya
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 29/11/2019

This is an amazing dialer software for mid to large size contact centers.

Very pleased with the overall experience, 8x8 is an amazing tool for Contact Center and call-driven interactions, keep in mind you will still need a softphone software to sync it with. I would gladly recommend 8x8 to other users.

Pros

This an optimal tool for many platforms like Salesforce, Zendesk, and many other softphone platforms, it allows multi-way calls and also comes with its own monitoring/Storing platform which is suitable for Quality assurance and overall interaction tracking.

Cons

It can come a little pricey, and, its UI is a little too mechanical compared to other platforms in the market. nonetheless, its capabilities overcompensate for such details.

Thomas
Thomas

Reviewed on 19/10/2022

8x8 has some work that needs to be done

Pros

Their customer service was extremely helpful and very nice

Cons

When working with the sales rep when initially purchasing this plan we were told several things that were unfortunately not able to be completed. From the beginning we constantly had issues from our soft phones not working to our best phones restarting randomly

Response from 8X8

Dear Thomas, we regret the inconvenience caused. To help us understand the problem in detail, please share your contact details at [email protected]. We would be more than happy to assist you. Best Regards.

Replied 24/10/2022
Luis
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 18/03/2024

8x8 Gets the job done.

Pros

The ease of use for the users and how it easy it is to setup.

Cons

Can't say there is something in particular that I dislike. I guess when you get a new line and it's not working properly but contacting support it gets resolved immediately.

Response from 8X8

Hi Luis, we are thrilled you find 8x8 easy to use and any issues you have are resolved quickly. Thank you for choosing 8x8!

Replied 19/03/2024
Bethany
Bethany

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

We switched to a new phone system because of flaws in 8x8

Not the worst but not the best phone system

Pros

It has all the functions that are desirable in a phone system. Calls, IMs, faxing, etc. It is a classic phone system that can meet your minimum requirements and the dial-in app for creating meetings works well.

Cons

Our company switched to a new phone system because we would have frequent dropped calls and the IMs would not notify when a message was sent until hours later.

Basilio

Reviewed on 19/03/2024

Great System

Pros

The flexibility and ease of use of 8x8 is a definite plus for those looking for a robust but easy to setup/maintain a hosted system. The call quality is consistently incredibly good.

Cons

I've only helped implement the system a few times and have not encountered any cons.

Response from 8X8

Hi Basilio, thank you for leaving a review. It's great to hear you find 8x8 easy to use and the call quality excellent. Thank you for choosing 8x8!

Replied 20/03/2024
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

8 x 8

Pros

I like 8 x 8 for the fact that it is easy to use. Makes calling people very easy as well as texting very simple. Plus you can keep your privacy and have all the messages in one place.

Cons

This software honestly crashes quite a bit on my Mac set up and can cause some issues with connectivity. I don't know if it is the application that is doing it or the VoiP having issues with it however it does not work 100%.

Cheryl

Reviewed on 17/10/2016

Why Broadband Phones for Offices?

Why do I like this company? Not only do I like this company I have a great relationship with working from my office phones and using this wonderful broadband phone company. Now wait, no landlines in my office. No landlines. I was able to work with this team and duplicate my office phones and place them in my home as well. I do a lot of cloud technology for our Dental office and it is important to have a phone system that can pull the load.

I love the fact that I have an automated attendant that can play any message I record on it. I can custom fit it to our office and place any message I want our patients to hear. Now lets get down to the flexibility of this phone system. Ready?

I can answer calls from a phone, on the computer, on an app on my cell phone anywhere. This company has the ability to track any call that comes in. If a patient does not leave a message I can still get in touch with them to help them out. New people calling in also can get a call back even if they do not leave a message. Now you say if you had a big staff you would not need to have to call them back you would answer the phone. True, but I save on staff salary, and possible lack of staff motivation this way. I roll the money back into the practice. If I am doing office work in another location and it is after hours I am still able to monitor the calls and call them right back. If it is an emergency they can get scheduled very quickly.

The team at 8x8.com can customize your phone needs for any size office. They were able to help me out when I needed a fax machine very quickly lets, say in the next two hours. I still remember that day that I called my sales rep out in the West Coast about 6:30 am and he went far and beyond to help our company set up a broadband fax machine. He grabbed his coffee and within 2 hours my fax machine was up and running. This helped our patient with keeping an appointment that they need to go to and not have to reschedule. The office that sprang the surprise on us was quick to note how fast our team came threw. 8X8.com is part of our team because I feel that we are on the same team.

You will not get a better team working for you when it comes to your phone needs. This team is BAA compliant for medical and dental offices. Also not just medical and dental but for insurance companies, accountants and many other offices that fit into HIPPA compliance. Love working with their technology team when I need to change anything on my phone system. These guys are great to work with and I guess that is why we have been going strong with them now since 2014.

Pros

The 8x8 team is the best. Great technology and great customer support!

Cons

Our office has been with 8x8 from February of 2014 and has had no reason to change to another company.

Joshua
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 25/10/2023

Needs Help

Probably one of the biggest headaches I have had to deal with with a vendor. Literally almost cost me my job. The only reason I was able to save my job was my documentation.

Pros

There really was not anything I liked about 8x8. I am no longer using as result. When I attempted to give them the right to keep my business, they did not compete but tried vehemently to continually lock me back into my contract.

Cons

8x8 does not even compare to the lowest on the market. When I took over an IT department, part of my duties was to locate a new VoIP service. 8x8 was the service at the time. Calls were constantly mixed up, they do not have a queue, they can not facilitate even the easiest of call centers, and there is no reporting. The support is impossible to deal with. They require a 90 day cancellation notice, when I was with 8x8 i notified them 5 months before contract cancellation, after the cancellation was completed 2 months later they tried to bill me again for the annual fee. It took 6 months of arguing and showing them the documents to get them to agree. Email chains and everything. If you are a customer, document everything, especially if you are planning on leaving. Their customer support is impossible to talk to and the only way to get anything taken care of is to use their chat feature, but it never works.

Howard
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 15/09/2023

Run away from this Company

When we cancelled our service, they admitted they owed us over $9000.00, but have refused to refund our money. Their service team was not able to fix our technical issues. There are much better phone companies out there. Just do not choose this one.

Pros

Not much. The Cons out-way the Pros. The phone units they provided work, sometimes.

Cons

They lied. They said that they can integrate. But they can't. Do not believe the sales people. They will tell you what you want to hear and not the capabilities of the system.

Keyana

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

8x8 is especially useful when employees are working from home and need to be accessible to...

Pros

Without this software - particularly, its mobile app - it would not be possible for me to work from home ever. With the app, I am able to keep in touch with clients by phone, without them ever having access to my personal cell phone number or even knowing that I'm not actually in the office. The call quality is sometimes even better than that of my Verizon cell phone quality, which says a lot. I am continuously surprised and pleased by how clear and loud each call is, even when clients are calling from a mobile line.

Cons

The desktop app and website could use a refresh. They're both easy enough to navigate, but are a bit dated in appearance. In terms of functionality, I find that the mobile app will sometimes "time out" when I start using another program, and I realize once I'm back in the office that I've missed a call or two. I've had that happen on two different cell phones, so I'm certain it's 8x8 and not anything I'm doing. That's obviously a major con for the software, so a bug like that needs to not happen ever.

Ron

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

How I use 8x8 telephone systems

We had 8x8 and made the mistake of switching vendors. that was 3 month disaster. We came flying back to 8x8.

Pros

Ease of use and prompt follow up serice

Cons

there is no pure answer to that question.

Business VoiceEdge

Reasons for Choosing 8x8 Work

Cost, efficient service. We were not happy with Bellsouth and try as they may it just made matters worst. switched to 8X8 and it was seamless and made our crew happy.

Reasons for Switching to 8x8 Work

answered already

Response from 8X8

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review.

Katja
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 14/10/2022

Buggy but Simple to Use!

8x8 is pretty simple and easy to navigate. It satisfies all of the basic requirements for our call center, albeit with a few bugs. Overall, however, there are a large number of pros that outweigh the cons.

Pros

8x8 is very easy to use. Training new employees to use the app for calling and texting is very straight-forward and requires minimal instruction. It also satisfies the majority of our duties in the call center.

Cons

Sometimes calls come in and the notification is delayed or there is no audio notification. I also wish there were a way for users to block individual callers than having to ask our IT department to block their numbers. Sometimes the audio sequence is not initialized and there is no discernible audio. Finally, connecting bluetooth headphones to the app is also more complicated than it should be.

Response from 8X8

Dear Katja, we regret the inconvenience caused. To help us understand the problem in detail, please share your contact details at [email protected]. We would be more than happy to assist you. Best Regards.

Replied 24/10/2022
Ray
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

8X8 ease of use the X Series

One of the most important business solution the X series provide for us, the lack of a need for an operator. For a small business this cut down on the cost.

Pros

There are several features of the X series which is very impactful for my operation. The auto-attendant is great because it captures the call and route it to the correct person limiting the need for a operator which is great for small business. Another feature which the organization like is the open and close features which we use the voice recorder to instruct the client if we are open or close.

Cons

This voice recorder can sound mechanical, yet it works for us.

Alicha
Alicha
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 08/12/2016

A perfect 10

I've had the pleasure of interacting more with 8x8 over the last year, after submitting my story for last year's contest. I have to say that I do not have a vendor that accepts and gives as much feedback as this one does. I run a team of account managers who are given company laptops and cell phones to be available after hours. Thanks to the 8x8 software and app, we are able to keep up with all communications, even when we're not in the office. This ability is absolutely invaluable to us. On top of this, as a manager I use the 8x8 reporting tools to show my leadership team how productive my agents are. Being able to show value in my department's work is invaluable to me as a leader. All in all, I am neither highly technical nor IT; but as an end user, I can truthfully say that I truly appreciate this company and its product. I and my team would not be able to do our jobs without it.

Pros

Ease of use; ease of access; remote access

Cons

I have honestly not found anything I dislike about this app

Andrey
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

8x8 Review

Overall it is an ok voip system, however recently there have been more issues with the desktop app.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it has a mobile application and I am able to take the calls practically anywhere I am, even when I am away from the computer. I am then able to connect back to the computer with a press of a button.

Cons

What I liked least about the software was whenever there is some sort of bug or issue, it is difficult to get support to fix the issue quickly. Especially lately it seems that there have been more and more bugs in the desktop app. Notifications haven't been showing up for call queues on time causing us to miss calls. Customers get a voicemail box is full even though there is no notice of it being full.

Response from 8X8

We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone!

Replied 20/12/2021
Zarik
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 20/12/2021

Best system for small business

Never miss a call or voice mail.

Pros

Ability to use phone and cloud base fax system remotely.

Cons

Sometimes the Mobile phone system app does not work properly.

Sheryl

Reviewed on 08/02/2020

Reliable

Pros

Reliable
Easy to use and maintain
Easy to add and remove users as well

Cons

The call queue gets stuck sometimes and it shows a call on hold for like 15 minutes even when there's no one in the queue. I wish I could control the volume of just the ringer and also modify the ringtones. I wish the caller ID would show the name as well as the number. It would be nice if I could make the page slimmer, I like to keep it on the right side monitor and all the way to the right so I can also have an internet window open but it will not allow me to make the window less than 5 inches wide.

Salvatore

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

Extremely easy

Pros

Call centers in three countries… The software is plug-and-play and easy to train new employees on, regardless of their business experience or education

Cons

Would prefer if 8 x 8 had their own cloud storage for recorded calls… Given that memory is so inexpensive now – and that the links would be stored in salesforce but the memory will remain in a cloud space as part of my 8 x 8 relationship

Ivan
Ivan

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

We use 8x8 to manage our business phone and voicemail

virtual phone system that manages our voicemail, multiple lines, and mutliple numbers.

Pros

I like 8x8 because it has some modern features like sending an email with voice recording of your messages.

Cons

The price is high compared to the function of the service. It limits your voicemail so you can only store about 30 messages before you have to login and delete them. The user interface is very complicated. Took me forever to figure out how to update my credit card on file because I can't tell how to login to the admin from the personal phone account.

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

great for offices of 5-15

our experience was mixed.
At the start of the service, it was great. We had a small group of number and users.
as our company grew, the service could not keep up with our needs and the changing communications environment (video conference integration)

Pros

Great software to use for smaller to mid-size offices
limited functionality means there is less to mess-up

Cons

Several outages that impacted their support group and our phones
limited functionality when it came to routing calls across groups and attempting to integrate video conferencing equipment

Ronda
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Almost there

We are a small, mostly mobile company, so the ability to be seen as a cohesive unit is a great value proposition for us.
Be warned to know when your anniversary date on your contract is, they will roll it over without warning and you cannot change it until the anniversary date.

Pros

The option for our associates to work from anywhere and seem to the client like they are at the office is key and is one of the BEST features about this software.

Cons

The setup is relatively easy, but the costs associated are not easily communicated to the business.