Verizon Connect Reviews

About Verizon Connect

Verizon Connect Reveal is a cloud-based electronic logging device (ELD) and fleet management platform that provides GPS fleet tracking to help businesses gain a 360 overview of all fleet management operations. High-resolution...

2.8
3.4
2.7

Browse Verizon Connect Reviews

Joanne
Joanne

Reviewed on 31/03/2016

Verizon WORK

Stahlman-England, INC began using Verizon WORK in January 2015. The overall program was easy to implement and the Customer Support was beyond expectations! This program was less expensive than all other Service Programs and accomplished a lot more with regard to “real-time”, invoicing, reports, quotes, and customer follow-up. This Program has enhanced our business and the endless features Verizon WORK offers, is still being discovered and incorporated into our business plan

EXCELLENT FOR CONSOLIDATED CLIENT INFORMATION, SERVICE APPOINTMENTS & SCHEDULING, INVOICING, PROFITABILITY, AND DETAILED REPORTS!

Pros

• Verizon WORK gives me, as Director of Corporate Operations, essential detailed productivity reports within seconds.

• Instead of needing 2 to 3 different software programs, Verizon WORK alone produces these reports.

• With a click, I have reports of total revenue including breakdown of labor, parts, travel time and actual job duration.

• Our technicians are able to sell more by doing quotes instantly. This exciting, real-time “Quotes” feature allows our office to email these figures within an hour, thereby closing more sales than ever before.

• Verizon WORK has allowed us to streamline and fast-track our paperwork; one-hour tasks are now done in minutes. Verizon WORK enabled our transition from piles of paperwork to next-generation technology.

Cons

PRODUCT ENHANCEMENT of certain issues. Example, more than one email address, speed of program when changing on the dashboard.

Glenford
Glenford

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Terrible On boarding experience

2 days, hours on the phone, multiple emails, and they have no idea where my equipment is. They did send me a warning that I would be charged $100 per vehicle if I missed my install appointment, but can't tell me how much they will reimbursement for the cost of my staff sitting round waiting.

Pros

Hard to say, I can't get the install done.

Cons

Customer service is terrible, no follow up, hard to get anyone that will be accountable. Be prepared for long hold times if you have issues.

Samsara

Reasons for Switching to Verizon Connect

I have verizon fios, thought having to deal with one contractor would benefit me. I was wrong.
Caity

Reviewed on 10/01/2020

Customer Service Nonexistent

Overall it has been very frustrating to work with VerizonConnect. They seem to have no urgency when it comes to fixing issues and complaints/concerns from their customers. They tend to not respond to emails and do not value communication with the customer. It has become very obvious that they do not communicate internally between their various departments. It feels as if each of their departments are completely separate companies that don't get on the same page with one another. Maybe this review will finally get someone to respond to our emails. It has been over a month of us not being able to pay our initial invoice because they have not gotten us the proper documentation we need in order to pay. Out billing department consistently has tried to reach out to them to get this information and to connect with they billing department but nobody has responded to any of the requests. I wouldn't be surprised if they now charge us a late fee even though we have been actively trying to pay.

Pros

The actual software seems to be working well with our fleet. My scheduling department has been testing this software out on a handful of our work trucks for the past few months and now want to install it for our entire fleet (30-40 or so trucks) so that would suggest that the software works, and is easy enough to use and worth the money.

Cons

The customer service at VerizonConnect. I can go weeks waiting for an email back from their team. It has been confirmed with their various departments that they do not communicate with each other internally so each of the departments I have had to interact with has had no idea what was going on / what issues were caused by their fellow departments. For example, the sales team got our business and sent us our contract to sign. We signed and paid for the services and sent it back. Over a month goes by of not hearing from them. I sent multiple requests for an update on the process and had no luck hearing back from anyone. Once they finally responded they gave me the contact information for some representative we had never heard of. I immediately reached out and a week goes by and I never heard back. Skip to another MONTH later and the product is finally installed. Apparently, their sales rep stopped being concerned with our contract and his response to our frustration with how long this all took and our disappointment in the lack of communication was to put blame on a different department and say it was all out of his control. Their customer service team / sales team said that this is something that "doesn't happen" (i.e. the lack of responding, the long wait time, the confusion between their departments) but similar situations have happened TWO MORE TIMES since then.

Top Verizon Connect Alternatives

Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

Cro Software Solutions

Beau
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

Decent Product - TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

The website interface is good, but the sales and customer service is so terrible we couldn't even BUY new devices when we added new trucks. I literally had to cancel our service because we couldn't even spend more money with them,

Pros

The app and website is user friendly. Initially when we signed on with them it was owned by Fleetmatics USA. That team was great. Verizon bought it and destroyed it.

Cons

Customer service made it virtually IMPOSSIBLE to buy new devices, and continue using the product. 100% of customer service is outsourced, WHICH IS FINE IF THEY DID THEIR JOB.
Verizon connect failed to honor the terms of the contract and forced us to pay an early termination fee even though the defaulted on their contract.

DO NOT SIGN WITH VERIZON CONNECT!!!!!! FIND SOMEONE ELSE!

Reviewed on 05/05/2024

Product & service

Pros

[sensitive content hidden] was awesome, great communication, excellent explanations and follow up.

Cons

Non at the moment, like the product and service.

Becky

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

verizon is too big to care

Terrible. Verizon is about verizon customers are the dirt under their feet. They made so many mistakes that they could not and would not correct but then still charge as if they had done their job. This is by far my least favorite company. I look forward to the day a disruptor comes into their space and changes the way they must go to market to stay alive.

Pros

the ease of use, app was good.................

Cons

the errors it had, it could never be corrected, the customer service was non existent, the software is good but the company sucks so bad I cancelled.

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 08/12/2023

Horrific Customer Service

Great from the start and awful once we purchased it. If I didn't already have their phone service for the business and another fleet software it speaks to I would never use them. It's like pulling teeth to even get someone to call you. Like 2 weeks minimum.

Pros

The sales process was great of course, they want your money. They're quick to respond, call you everyday following up, but once you've purchased the service the customer service is the worst I've ever experienced.

Cons

No one will email you back or return your calls. The customer service number is just a call center of people who don't seem to understand the software enough to even help you. They have to transfer you to multiple people to get you to someone who understands it enough to help. Truly the worst service I've dealt with.

Jason
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 10/06/2019

Tracking Our Team

Pros

The basics of the software are sound. Using the software is fairly easy and the mobile app is solid.

Cons

Lots of glitches and the web interface is constantly down. We see lots of lags in reporting as well.

Samsara

Reasons for Switching to Verizon Connect

We originally went with Fleetmatics (before they became Verizon Connect). They seemed to be one of the best at the time.
Dan
Dan

Reviewed on 20/08/2018

Fleet Management

Satisfied, but not WOW'ed

Pros

Location tracking for assets as valuable as vehicles and trailers is essential for businesses our size, and has proven helpful almost immediately in tracking vehicle history and managing logistics in day to day tasks.

The driving habits they track as well are very informative and beautifully compiled with this software.

Cons

Customer Service has always been spotty and seems to still have issues after being bought by Verizon. Hopefully, these are just complications due to the transition in ownership.he

The Driver ID functionality is not as secure as it sounds, and the driver ID keyfobs are a hassle for companies with many drivers and constant new hires.

Tracking with trailers could also be improved, the struggle I understand as a trailer doesn't have a battery to connect to when not being towed... but we have trailers that are still reporting after 3 years or more and some that have stopped or needed repairs after only a few months. The companies that install the tracking units is outsourced, so this could be why we have noticed so many discrepancies between regions, which also adds unnecessary complications when scheduling installs/repairs.

Reviewed on 20/11/2023

Verizon lost in the Horizon

Not good. We have been having difficulty with two GPS trackers on equipment since day one. After four months Tier 2 Support Team informed us that we have the wrong type of GPS tracker for the type of equipment we are trying to track and that they would send out the correct equipment. Now after nine months the problem is still not resolved and we have received word that we will be charged an early termination fee for the two devices that were sent out that were not correct. All we did was make a trade not expecting any type of termination of service. Very frustrating trying to make any sense of this.

Pros

Initial discussions seemed to indicate that this would be the tracking service we needed for our fleet of vehicles and equipment.

Cons

Once you sign up and have the tracking devices installed Verizon Connect looses interest in your needs and requirements.

Doury

Reviewed on 18/05/2023

Get away from verizon connect

Terrible

Pros

Price was competitive initially, but even a penny is too high for non functional products

Cons

Everything, including product installation, product quality, customer service and technical support

Jay
Jay

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Dipping Your Toe into the Abyss of Digital Transformation

It is a phenomenal step towards a digital environment for the under served home services sector. Implementing Verizon Connect Work is a step in the right direction! At the end of the day Verizon is a telecom company and looking to upsell their products into your business.

Pros

I love the fact that Verizon Connect focuses on the technologically under served realm of the home services market. These business's technology initiatives take a hard stop at email and spreadsheets. When implemented and used correctly, Verizon Connect Work (formerly Fleetmatics WORK) can bring to the surface revenue opportunities that business owners and stakeholders were oblivious to. Being typically their first go at new technology, Verizon Connect Work is usually welcome because of the ease of implementation and use. The technology is priced right and the ROI is enormous! The ROI stems from getting off the paper, chalkboards, notepads and alleviating lost invoices. At the end of the day the software is the home service industries first step towards digital transformation in this Fourth Industrial Revolution.

Cons

In response to Verizon Connect Work being described by former users as "A Starter Software" or "Technology Training Wheels", there is high churn being there are more robust softwares that encompass the entire life of a work order. With out mentioning any software company names, Verizon Connect Work's book of business is on a mass exodus to other players. To add, their is limited to zero customer support and the buying process wasn't very enjoyable.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Absolute Nightmare!

AGAIN:
Ordering and receiving equipment from Verizon Connects team is an absolute nightmare, even if you already have equipment of theirs and are just needing to swap out to new ELD style, but ordering any equipment for new installs or swap outs is horrific. You can provide them with every bit of info and data you have and you will receive a call from a different person in a different state asking you the same questions over and over and it takes for ever just to get them to confirm what you need and get it out the door. It's almost like they are stalling because they do not have enough equipment. Once you get the equipment, you will find that 60-70% of the time, it is the wrong connections, etc. Like I said, absolute nightmare.

Pros

Once you manage to get the equipment, get it installed properly and train the drivers most can manage to use it. Basically, it may get you by. Technical Support staff, for doing box data swaps and activation teams are great, but actually getting to the point where you are ready to use them will have you ready to rip out all of the units and send it back and start new with someone else. That's why they lock you in to contracts, they know you will want to leave them ASAP.

Ashley

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

Incompetent Customer Service

If you can find another company that has good coverage, choose them. I never had these kinds of issues before Verizon took over.

Pros

The software is user friendly and once you have the hang of it, it's easy to navigate the site as well as manage different locations and their vehicles as well. The reporting comes in handy as well.

Cons

The customer service is terrible. Ever since Verizon Connect took over Fleetmatics, it's all gone down hill drastically. While everyone I have talked with is very polite, they never seem to be able to discern between two different cases, can never send out the necessary parts as requested, even after they have said it will all be taken care of and they will ship out in no time. Just today, I called about a specific case number and wanted to make sure the parts needed for an install had shipped and would make it for our appointment on Monday, as we had not received them. The woman I spoke with could not find anything regarding the parts having shipped or not. She then said she found where they had arrived but that was for an entirely different case number. This was a situation where I already had to reschedule the install due to not having parts shipped as they said they would. So here we are, third time around and hopefully third times the charm. Unfortunately, this is the same story on each separate occasion when we need installs completed. I fully intend on trying to reach someone at a higher level to find out the reason behind this level of incompetency.

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Zero corporate ethics. READ THE SMALL PRINT.

In my opinion Verizon is an unethical.
Example in case, today December 19 they demand 14 months cancellation notice to end a contract in January 2021.
You could call it extortion through surreptitious means. Another 14 months money demanded after nearly 4 years of a contract. Demanding payment for a service for a service which will not be used through 2020 into 2021.
On the 6th of December 2019 I opened the tracking software to double check see which of our fleet was fitted with the Verizon tracker. Today the 11th of December 19, an email from (Sensitive Content Hidden). "oh I see you used the system" so you are tied with us to January 2021.

Really, I don't think so [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Pros

At the time in 2016 Fleetmatics which is now called Verizon the company appeared to be one of the best options available.

Cons

We found alternative options that in our opinion were superior Verizon, that was in 2017. We paid for the alternative software and proceeded to compare the pros and cons of the two systems. Now TWO YEARS later we are still trying to cancel the contract with Verizon. Fill out this and that form, 60 days notice of cancellation, rolling contracts that tie to in for another year. Absolutely ridiculous practice, its might be considered theft by deceit.
TODAY 11TH OF DECEMBER 2019, email just from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Verizon informing me that they wont cancel the contract until January 2021.
This I have repeatedly informed them that don't want or use their software. We have not used the Fleetmatics - Verizon system in over a year and a half. Only half our fleet is tracked, its a redundant system to our company. I have tried both on the phone and by email to cancel the contract. The mistake I made is that I did not follow through at the time. You forget and only follow up a few months later when you see the debit charges still taken from the bank account.

Buyer beware, read the small print.

• Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 29/06/2019

Better options

Disappointment

Pros

When I ordered this product for my fleet I was excited to be able to track my trucks. It was a very big help in order to plan and effectively run my truck route efficiently. Products work exactly fine until they don’t which is a bummer, considering the time and cost.

Cons

Customer service is probably the worst I have ever had. Some of the issues I have had were very small and easily fixed until trying to get help with it from customer service. For a couple months last year when I was having major issues with a couple of the buzzers not turning off after using the driver key fob, the customer service was non existent for a month. It literally took a month after 15 emails and daily calls to get someone on there side to “click a button on there software side to stop the mind bending noise. The noise was so bad that I had to actually park one of my trucks for the entire month as non of my drivers would could tolerate the noise. Oh but apparently it’s ok cause Verizon was going through some sort of business change while all of this was happening. I understand that. I understand that so many things can go wrong in a business and that’s just how it goes, but the amount of effort I had to put in just to get a representative to give me a call or to receive a generic email to say that “you are important to us and we will get back to you as soon as we can”. Even after all of the problems from their side I just wanted out of my contract to go find a better product. Verizon would not let me out unless I paid the remaining months left on the contract. Over all very disappointed in the customer service. So disappointed that I have stopped using the Verizon Connect Reveal and went with a much more customer service company and am very happy with them

Gabe

Reviewed on 25/07/2022

Be Careful

When it works, finding out where machines and trucks are is a nice feeling not having to worry where everything is.

Pros

Being able to track where trucks and equipment is has been helpful.

Cons

Customer Service is a big disappointment, when you go to get something fixed, you have to jump through all these hoops, which eventually gets you nowhere. I have tried to reach out and express my frustrations with this company with little to no feedback.

Response from Verizon

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. While we are pleased to know you are receiving value using Reveal, we are very disappointed to hear about your experience with customer service. We apologize for the frustration. We'd like to offer some assistance offline if you still need it. Please email us at: [email protected]

Replied 28/07/2022
Sandy

Reviewed on 10/06/2019

Tacking vehicles

We bought it for e-logs, and tracking vehicles. Difficult for users to easily use.

Pros

I can fined all my vehicles when I need to.

Cons

Integration with other software isn't very easy. Also, administration is not as intuitive as it should be. Difficult to find what I am looking for, and can't always save something if I don't have complete info.

Fleet Mobility

Reasons for Choosing Verizon Connect

More realtime access.

Fleet Mobility

Reasons for Switching to Verizon Connect

Realtime access and elog management.
Denni

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

Verizon Connect Reveal (Fleetatics) is garbage

This platform should not be sold to anyone else until they have worked out all of their kinks. It is NOT worth its cost, not even close.

Pros

Parts of it are user friendly when they are working.

Cons

This system is extremely unreliable. We have had a ton of problems with our trucks reporting on the GPS in locations where they are not, sometimes for days at a time. Also showing the incorrect driver on some reports vs others. Drivers on trucks changing mid day on the reports when they didnt actually. Stops at Geo fences not being recorded, Geofences being suggested in places we already had Geofences and the data only showing on their SUGGESTED Geofence but not on our already existing one. We bring concerns to their attention and either don’t hear back or they tell us its resolved, only to have it happen again. There’s also been problems with Customer Support communicating with each other and to us to arrange for new GPS units to be installed which therefore took over 2 months to receive instead of 2 weeks. The GPS is based on Google Maps which is 5 years old in our area and therefore inaccurate with speed limits in a number of area’s, growth of businesses and homes in the area are not shown, etc.

Lastly, when they sold us the product we were told that they would have the Electronic Log Book available soon. Once we signed on they informed us that because we're located in Canada, it wouldn't be available to us for another 3 - 4 years!! "oops, sorry about that misinformation". Ridiculous.

Mike

Reviewed on 06/06/2018

The technology and product work reasonably well. The information is an asset to managing the...

Pros

The software is relatively intuitive....which is good because the customer support is the worst I have EVER experienced with any product! If you enjoy figuring things out on your own, you will really love this product. You can make it work for you with a little experimentation and some extra time invested.

Cons

The customer support is non existent. They have a lot of nice people answering the phone that are very sorry for your troubles...."someone" will get back to you within 24 hours. Unfortunately when they get back to you they are unable to assist you so they will elevate your issue to the tier 2 rep. The tier 2 rep will then get back with you in 24 hours. The tier 2 rep will likely be unable to help you...but they are also very nice, courteous folks who are sincerely sorry for your issue. The tier 2 rep will elevate it to a high priority and you will be contacted within 24 hours. The high priority rep will email you and ask if you have completed the proper documentation and send the forms to you....these will be the same forms you received and completed prior to this whole cycle beginning. Save the original forms so you can just resend it. It will save you time. I am sure by now you get the point...I have waited well over 6 weeks to get a device installed in a vehicle for fleet expansion. This has happened on more than one occasion. At present I am looking for another vendor who has equivalent technology with a matching suite of genuine customer service. My advice would be that you continue to look elsewhere and see what you can find before you are trapped in a 24 hour service cycle!

Johnnie
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 10/05/2023

Not a Verizon fan anymore!

We had 10 GPS units that were set to expire on 8/20/2022. Due to some issues prior to this, I decided not to renew our contract and let them expire. I communicated this to [sensitive content hidden] at Verizon on [sensitive content hidden] and have numerous emails that document this. I even have emails from [sensitive content hidden] and other Verizon employees telling me this issue has been taken care of, but I still get monthly bills and calls. Every call is from someone new that has no clue what is going on and I spend a minimum of an hour catching them up, only to be told I'll get a call in 24 hours from a "customer service manager" that never calls. So now almost monthly I get calls and bills from Verizon stating we owe a past due for cancelling the contract, for over $22,000. How can this be? I notified Verizon by email 7 months prior to the expiration date on our contract. I wish I could speak to someone higher up the chain but getting there seems to be impossible. RUN FROM THIS PRODUCT.

Pros

The product is easy to use and easy to setup.

Cons

The plans are not flexible and customer service is atrocious. Every time you have an issue, you get a different person that you cannot understand.

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

Worst Customer Service Ever It's Non Existent

I originally had Fleetmatics which got bought out by Verizon Connect. I emailed customer service that I did not want to renew my contract and they said it ended on a specific date and to email again as the date got closer. I did as they said and then all of a sudden I was supposed to have a signed document canceling my contract 60 days prior to renewal otherwise they wrap you back into another 3 year agreement. After several months of arguing and dealing with these people they told me $100 dollars per unit to cancel. Then all of a sudden they send me a $1600 dollar bill. Then to get the bill corrected took another month of people saying I need finance approval we will call you back and they never call you back. This is the WORST company in the world. Such shady tactics and they refuse to do anything for you. They must be so belly up and need the money so bad that they just continue to try to hold your money. I will never ever deal with this company ever again. I wished they had never bought fleetmatics. Stay away at all costs!

Pros

When it was fleetmatics it was great, once it went to verizon all the trouble started

Cons

Their customer service is non existent, they are trained to deflect problems to other people and tell you they will call back yet they never ever call back. I've literally had to call this company 20 times to get this problem resolved.

Dawn

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

Honesty

Our sales team were attentive and aggressive. However, the turnover with the account reps has led to unanswered questions and long delays in getting the information that we need. We have reached out to the customer service line and have had some questions answered but again were told that some of the items would have to go back to the design team. This platform should have been tested by people in the transportation industry BEFORE release. We cannot rely on this platform to keep us DOT compliant and given the opportunity again, I would NOT have changed knowing what I know now ... that this is a BETA platform.

Pros

The sales pitch was great and so was the energy behind the pitch. We were excited to transition into this platform from a competitor due to connectivity issues. Verizon holds our corporate accounts for our mobile phones and has been a good partner. We expected the same from their products.

Cons

We were told that it was a fully functioning software but what we got was more like a BETA version. There were several bugs that we were told would be put on the list to work out. We have to have work around's for important DOT requirements. To date, we have to print the inspection reports to put back into the truck because on-screen signatures are not available. Reporting is not a functioning area either. We have brought up to your team, very specific things with reporting and were told they needed to be fixed with a newer version. So we are doing your testing for free and I'm frustrated. I just looked at the Live Map to check on my drivers. I have three in Safford AZ. The Live Map shows one. I called the drivers and all three are on-site. I cannot manage a fleet like this !

Danny
Danny

Reviewed on 02/05/2023

Completely let down by this company

None

Pros

Ability to see where vehicles were. Ability for AUX alerts

Cons

Nearly everything, but mostly management.Billed for callouts in the beginning by technicians even when they were seen on CCTV not knocking on our entry.Billed for cameras before they arrived in Australia for 5 months. Only offered credit. When credits where up they cancelled my account for non payment. Advised someone hadn't noted I was thousands in credit, but when that was exhausted. Let Direct Debit off. Never received invoices.Vehicles had accidents, no vision triggered even though tracker came up as harsh event. Asked to cancel as its a waste of money. Was given a 20000.00 pay out invoice.Had more incidents not recorded. Threated legal action. Advised they would cancel. 3 months later and subscription canceled still getting direct debited now have $5000 cancelation bill.

Joshua
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 03/07/2019

A great GPS Solution

Their customer service, the products and features and the overall price are great. Honestly after reviewing 3 or 4 competitors this is the best option. I would highly reccomend if your tied in with other verizon partners. If not the system as a standalone gives you everything and more you could want, it just makes it potentially a double entry situation.

Pros

It is feature packed, however my one star i took away is because it only intergrates now with verizon Partners. We use none of those, so its completey stand alone for us. It works great for a fleet of any size. Installation of the units is quick and we have only had one issue with scheduling. The software is very reliable and we have no outages or missed data.

Cons

The cost, to be honest the cost isnt bad, however every new unit is under a extended contract. This greatly limits our ability to be fluid with our internal processes as were locked in for a new term with each new unit. It would be fantastic if this system/software could be easily intergrated with other programs. Our dispatching software doesnt allow us to intergrate with this software so were stuck using standalone systems.